2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Volatility Is The Square Root Of Time & Fat Tails | ZeroHedge
- Gold, the SDR and BRICS | Financial Sense
- Gold, The SDR, & BRICS | ZeroHedge
- The Clinton Global 'Graft' Initiative (Summarized In 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Just 6 Charts | ZeroHedge
- White House Admits Russian Hackers Read Obama's Unclassified Emails | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- The surprise ruling that could come out of the... | Business Insider
- Air raids on Syrian market kill 40 civilians: monitor | Business Insider
- How my traumatic brain injury changed my life forever — in some ways for the... | Business Insider
- The 18 most hotly contested islands in the world | Business Insider
- Arsenal aim to redraw lines of Chelsea rivalry | Business Insider