2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Final Q4 GDP Unchanged At 2.2%, Below Expectations; Corporate Profits Tumble | ZeroHedge
- Dan Wantrobski on Why We're Not at a Market Top; Corrections Still Buying Opportunities | Financial Sense
- "Serious Depressive Episode" May Have Driven Germanwings Pilot To "Criminal, Mad, Suicidal" Action, Prosecutors Allege | ZeroHedge
- Putin Says Attempts To Tip Nuclear Balance Don't Scare Russia, Moscow Will Uncover "Schemes" | ZeroHedge
- Flows Into European Equities Reaches Feverish Pitch, Consolidation Likely Ahead | Financial Sense
- Rig Count Decline Reaches 16 Weeks, Pace Of Decline Drops Dramatically | ZeroHedge
- Euro Basis Swaps Keep Diving | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the question the jury in the Pao case was sent back to vote on again | Business Insider
- Anonymous app Secret denies it's closing down | Business Insider
- Jeb Bush doesn't want to close the Guantanamo Bay prison camp... | Business Insider
- Should we be more concerned about the mental health of pilots? | Business Insider
- Michael Sam says 'famous' NFL players have come out to him as gay | Business Insider
- A Chinese tech company is looking to create buzz around its new phone by...comparing... | Business Insider
- Android One's early sales... | Business Insider