2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "If All Goes According To Plan": What Global Central Bank Normalization Would Look Like, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- The Difficulties in Making US Manufacturing Great Again | Financial Sense
- Is India The Next Pakistan? "It Keeps Getting Worse Ever Faster" | ZeroHedge
- US Crude Production Hits 13-Month Highs As Oil Rig Count Doubles Off May 2016 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Praxis Seeks to Revive the Apprenticeship Model of Employment | Financial Sense
- Nunes Calls Comey, Rogers For "Closed Session" After Finding "Concerning Info" In Intel Reports | ZeroHedge
- NAHB Housing Market Index: "Builders Confidence at 12 Year High" | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TRUMP: 'The best thing we can do is let Obamacare explode' | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 'You will never prevail' — BBC broadcaster delivers stirring message... | Business Insider
- Democrats gloat after 'Trumpcare' fails: 'So much for "The... | Business Insider
- Disney investors are facing 4 big questions (DIS) | Business Insider
- Donald Trump is not having fun | Business Insider
- 'You don't haul somebody overseas': Ex CIA director says... | Business Insider