2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P Rallies To First 5-Day Streak In 6 Months On No Volume | ZeroHedge
- Guaranteed Respite: Dated Till Alibaba | iBankCoin.com
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
- McDonalds Misses Revenue, Earnings Estimates: Blames Weather | ZeroHedge
- Unhappy Earth Day | ZeroHedge
- STTG Q1 2014 Survey Results | FundMyMutualFund
- Who is Playing for a House of Cards? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- One Stunning Stat That Shows How Nike Changed The Shoe Industry Forever | Business Insider
- Baseball's New Protective Caps For Pitchers Are Enormous | Business Insider
- One More Reason To Love The Earth — Going Outside Will Actually Make You Healthier | Business Insider
- Rising Sea Levels Could Cause Staggering Damage To These Cities | Business Insider
- A Beloved Silicon Valley Startup Is Under Fire For The Way A Female Employee Was Treated — The... | Business Insider
- 5 Things Successful Public Speakers Never Say | Business Insider