2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Markets Signaling Return of Economic Weakness in China | Financial Sense
- The 'Wages-Fuel-Demand' Fallacy | ZeroHedge
- When A Marketing Campaign Goes Horribly Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Employers Aren’t Just Whining: The “Skills Gap” Is Real | Financial Sense
- The Top Has the Best View and the Sweetest Air | iBankCoin.com
- The One Thing The Bank Of Japan Apparently Can't Print More Of | ZeroHedge
- Fed Positioning to Normalize Policy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SADC regional bloc to send observers to Lesotho after... | Business Insider
- 20 New Books We Can't Wait To Read This Fall | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- An American Freelance Journalist Died... | Business Insider
- Japanese Porn Queens Raise Thousands Of Dollars For Aids... | Business Insider
- Inside The Underground iCloud Hacking Ring That... | Business Insider
- Australia axes contested mining tax | Business Insider