2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It's Not Too Late To Change Our Future, But Eventually It Will Be" | ZeroHedge
- Capitol Hill Staffers Warned "Do Not Rely" On Obamacare Website | ZeroHedge
- If You Don’t Trust the Fed, Here’s An Inside View That Confirms Your Worst Suspicions | ZeroHedge
- Fact, Fiction, And 11 Bitcoin Myths | ZeroHedge
- Old School Throwback Spike | iBankCoin.com
- Fidelity Bans IRA Bitcoin Investments Days After Permitting Them | ZeroHedge
- Checking Out the Hiltons | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Kobe Bryant Is Changing Positions Because The Lakers Are So Injured | Business Insider
- It's No Longer 'Anything Goes' For CollegeHumor | Business Insider
- Internet TV Service Aereo To Broadcasters: Let's Finish This War In The Supreme... | Business Insider
- JPMorgan Expected To Shell Out $2 Billion And Face Criminal... | Business Insider
- American Student Studying In England Severely Beaten... | Business Insider
- AP Photojournalist Blasts Obama's Press Restrictions As 'Orwellian Image... | Business Insider