2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Reshuffling the Deck | iBankCoin.com
- Core CPI Rises At Slowest Pace In 14 Months As Food Costs Jump | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Ukraine’s Next Crisis? Economic Disaster | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain Boots-On-The-Ground In Ferguson, But Not In Iraq - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- "Worst. Recovery. Ever." Except For Bankers | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why to Buy These 5 Under-$10 Stocks ASAP | TheStreet.com
- Argentina Has Started To Go Totally Rogue | Business Insider
- Another Night Of Chaos In Ferguson As Police Fire Tear... | Business Insider
- Lyft's COO Has Left The Company | Business Insider
- Here Is Rick Perry's Mug Shot | Business Insider
- Steve Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board (MSFT) | Business Insider
- Jeff Saut: Here's The Ridiculously Easy Strategy That Professional Traders Are Using... | Business Insider