2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- “Nightmare” Mistake: Visa Free Travel For 80 Million Turks Coming Up | ZeroHedge
- Banks Tighten As Economic Outlook Grows More Uncertain | Financial Sense
- Peter Schiff: How Trump Can Make America Great Again | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- Over Half of Americans Now Believe the Voting System Is Rigged | ZeroHedge
- Air Freight Volumes Across Largest Global Market Tumble 15% In First Quarter | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Doldrums To Continue As "Fantasy World Of Rate Normalization" Unwinds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This doggie daycare is basically a country club for dogs | Business Insider
- Customer service experiences are more... | Business Insider
- The dollar is creeping up — here's what's happening in FX | Business Insider
- The mysterious tracks on Mars might have been formed by boiling... | Business Insider
- Here are the big winners from Monday night's James Beard Awards, the Oscars of the food... | Business Insider
- The World Bank just issued a warning that will... | Business Insider
- Here's a reason you might have less disposable income | Business Insider