2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Russia Hack the DNC … Really? | ZeroHedge
- Equity Risk Tumbles As Trump Closes Gap On Clinton | ZeroHedge
- Oil Tumbles To 3 Week Lows After Unexpectedly Large Inventory Build | ZeroHedge
- Is the “Earnings Recession” Over? | Financial Sense
- Russia Unveils First Images Of Nuclear Missile Capable Of Reaching US Soil | ZeroHedge
- The Fed is Literally Broadcasting That It's Going to Let Inflation Run Wild | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Cuts S&P500 Earnings Forecasts For The Next Three Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 27 examples of Jim Harbaugh's insane competitiveness | Business Insider
- These are the business skills you learn... | Business Insider
- Who are the world's most innovative CMOs? Submit your nominations now | Business Insider
- T-Mobile could be the next big takeover target (S, CMCSA, TWX, DISH, T... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- 6 attempts at utopian settlements and where they are now | Business Insider
- Ikea sets the prices of its products before they're even designed | Business Insider