2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Real Estate Tank in 2017? | Financial Sense
- Here's My Shocked Face | ZeroHedge
- Michigan Recount Devolves Into Chaos As Multiple Federal Lawsuits Filed | ZeroHedge
- Matteo Renzi Says He Will Resign After Losing Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Fake Out: A Rally Built On 'Hot Air' | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks Soar, US Futures, Euro Jump After Failed Italian Referendum | ZeroHedge
- And Then There Was One | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warriors coach Steve Kerr says he tried marijuana for his chronic back pain... | Business Insider
- We tested fried chicken sandwiches from every major fast-food... | Business Insider
- 30 awesome stocking stuffers under $25 | Business Insider
- 14 bars and restaurants where the Los Angeles startup community likes to... | Business Insider
- Raiders punter had a fantastic reaction to receiving a penalty for... | Business Insider
- Obama: Trump should address illegal immigration at the source | Business Insider
- Jill Stein is dropping her lawsuit for a recount in Pennsylvania... | Business Insider