2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Investment Slows, Soft Summer 'Risks $1300' But Bond Defaults 'Will Spike' as Japan, Eurozone Deny Fresh Stimulus | Financial Sense
- A Collision-Course With Crisis: Making The Wrong Choices For The Wrong Reasons | ZeroHedge
- Signs of Excessive Bullish Sentiment | Financial Sense
- US Shale Industry Is Painfully Adapting to Low Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Democrats Accuse Russia Of Hacking DNC Server To Help Donald Trump | ZeroHedge
- Busting Media Myths On Peak Oil | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's an inside look at how M&M's are made | Business Insider
- Former Starbucks employee reveals what baristas really think of your... | Business Insider
- Inside the $1 billion deal for Dollar Shave Club | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- These insanely expensive sneakers sell for up to $20,000 per pair | Business Insider
- Tim Armstrong may be falling into the same trap that’s ruined every Yahoo... | Business Insider
- The bond market is 'broken' | Business Insider