2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Now’s Really Not the Time for a Liquidity Crisis | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Jun 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Big Four Economic Indicators: Spring Rebound, Though Risks Remain | Financial Sense
- In Big Boost To "No" Vote, Schauble Hints Greece Can Default And Stay In Euro | ZeroHedge
- BitGold Now Available in US! Why BitGold? | Financial Sense
- NSA Leak: "Washington Is Negotiating With Every Nation That Borders China... So As To 'Confront' Beijing" | ZeroHedge
- Managing Greek Default Risks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US black church fire stokes arson fears | Business Insider
- A little-known condition keeps one million Americans in the hospital... | Business Insider
- Big companies and startups alike are jumping all over a trendy new tech called '... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, TWTR, GOOG) | Business Insider
- GM might actually be trying to put Tesla out of business (TSLA... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner explains his No. 1 management principle | Business Insider
- Death toll from Indonesia military plane crash... | Business Insider