2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Philly Fed State Coincident Index Declines to Multi-Year Lows | Financial Sense
- Peter Schiff: "Brexit Is Just What The Doctor Ordered" | ZeroHedge
- The End Of Cheap China - 16 Emerging Low Wage Economies | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Omitted One Key Email From The State Department Review | ZeroHedge
- Market View Update - June 2016 | Financial Sense
- Historic, Mind Boggling Rise In Gold Open Interest Friday | ZeroHedge
- If The Public Shouldn't Have Them, Why Does The IRS Need AR-15s? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German 10-year bond yields plunge back into negative territory | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- LeBron James will not play in the Olympics and it is a smart decision | Business Insider
- If you want to work in tech, you need to know these 2 essential... | Business Insider
- The top 5 digital trends for 2016 | Business Insider
- A startup is like a trampoline, says this founder who was once the No. 2... | Business Insider
- G-7 finance leaders will take 'all necessary steps to calm markets... | Business Insider