2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jim Rickards: "There Will Be A War On Gold" | ZeroHedge
- Iceland Sounds Alarm After Largest Volcano Rocked By Big Earthquake Cluster | ZeroHedge
- Michael Lewitt: We're in the Late Stages of Ponzi Finance | Financial Sense
- Can Stocks Survive Without Stimulus? | Financial Sense
- Why The Fed Will Never Reduce Its $4.5 Trillion Balance Sheet Again | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Fed Dead-Cat-Bounce Dies - Economy Contracts For 20th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- "We Are At A Point Where The Encroachment Of Government Power Has Historically Resulted In Rebellion" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- With increasing 'overlap' between in self-driving car efforts, an Alphabet... | Business Insider
- Here's what the man who went through the most complicated face... | Business Insider
- EpiPen isn't the only emergency medicine skyrocketing in... | Business Insider
- Tech billionaire Sean Parker reportedly just bought a third adjacent townhouse in... | Business Insider
- Wall Street just found another recession signal | Business Insider
- Marijuana startups could be decimated once legalization hits | Business Insider
- 10 rookie mistakes people make when booking a flight | Business Insider