2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SaY HeLLo To PYRaMiD FeD... | ZeroHedge
- NSA Foiled NYSE Terrorist Plot, We Now Learn | ZeroHedge
- "Tomorrow Is The Big Day" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Slams Abenomics: "Positive Impact Is Gone, Only High Yields And Volatility Remain; BOJ Credibility At Stake" | ZeroHedge
- GET HAPTIC SMACKED SILLY | iBankCoin.com
- Bullish Double-Bottom Puts Price Target at 1700 | Financial Sense
- The Cyprus Bail-In Blows Up: President Urges Complete Bailout Overhaul (Full Letter) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Local's Guide To Paris | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Supermoon 2013 Dates And When To Watch | Business Insider
- US Government Claims That '... | Business Insider
- You And Your Friends Can Now Tour Brooklyn's Brunch Scene On Bikes | Business Insider
- Fed Tapering Bad for Bank Stocks: Bank of America | TheStreet.com
- The Story Of MakerBot: The Startup That Popularized 3D Printing, And Just Sold For Millions... | Business Insider