2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As If The French Did Not Have Enough Problems | ZeroHedge
- Jeez! What Ever Happened To The "Free World"? | ZeroHedge
- Mission Accomplished | Financial Sense
- THaNKSGiViNG 2015... | ZeroHedge
- Ask The Expert - Steve St. Angelo! | ZeroHedge
- 800 Shotguns Headed To Belgium From Turkey Seized In Italy | ZeroHedge
- Buy! And Hold? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japan announces $10.6 billion in climate financing for... | Business Insider
- WARREN BUFFETT: Beefing up your résumé is like 'saving up sex for your old age... | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to sit down for a family meal in Cuba | Business Insider
- Brussels schools reopen as terror alert stays at... | Business Insider
- Activists are calling the killing of a Chicago teen one of the worst instances of... | Business Insider
- Facebook is now offering fathers 4 months of paid... | Business Insider
- Cutler, Bears hold off Packers 17-13 at rainy Lambeau | Business Insider