2 Stocks for $2
The widely-watched Russell 2000 Index (RUT) broke out of resistance at the $833 level yesterday, March 19th. Today the RUT is trading down -1% at $827. Mastery turns it focus to small-cap stocks around $2 a share to keep on your radar in case this dip gets bought. The winners are are Himax Technologies (HIMX) and FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL).
Himax Technologies (HIMX) manufactures display driver integrated circuits (IC) for use in televisions, monitors, smartphones, and tablets. Sales of its small and medium-sized drivers, which are used in tablets and smartphones, jumped 26% from last year. So HIMX is adapting well to these markets.
Himax also pays a 6.25% dividend yield. It's a pretty solid long - but expect some resistance at $2. If the company increases its dividend back to 2008 levels, shares could easily double in price.
FuelCell Energy Inc (FCEL) recently broke out of a 5 month consolidation pattern. In their latest quarterly earnings statement, revenue increased by 11%, to $31.3 million, mostly because of the 15% increase in the company's product sales.
However, the company hasn't posted a profit since 1997, and big players like GE are starting to show a footprint in the Fuel Cell Market. So look for a quick swing trade on FCEL, up to $2.25 or so, and place some tight stop orders.
MASTERY Bottom line:
HIMX and FCEL do have risk so don't bet the farm. For under $2 and a small position the risk/reward ratio could be worth it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Welcome to a Scared New World | iBankCoin.com
- BURN IN HELL: OIL IS RUNNING LIKE A MAD LION NOW | iBankCoin.com
- "They're Out Of Their Minds" Gorbachev Slams US 'Triumphalism' For "Turning Cold War 'Hot'" | ZeroHedge
- Crude Crumbles To Fresh Lows: $43 Handle | ZeroHedge
- Gold, Silver, & Weed | iBankCoin.com
- Weakening Currencies Put Developing Countries’ Debt at Risk | Financial Sense
- "There Is No Reality Anymore..." | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Eurogroup chief warns Greece against 'ignoring... | Business Insider
- Seahawks seek to topple Patriots dynasty in Super Bowl 49... | Business Insider
- A case for Apple's giant iPad might have just leaked (AAPL) | Business Insider
- This software could be better at hiring than any human | Business Insider
- 4 British Traditions McDonald's New CEO Should Bring To America | Business Insider
- China bank says business 'normal' as chief... | Business Insider
- The Father Of A Sick Child Wants His County To Kick Unvaccinated Kids... | Business Insider