3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap November 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- One of My Thirty Year Holds is in Play Today | iBankCoin.com
- Great Graphic: Shifting Center of World Economy | Financial Sense
- HFT War Stories: The Algo That Couldn't Count | ZeroHedge
- Bill Dudley Explains Why The New York Fed Is Not A Subsidiary Of Goldman Sachs - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- What Record Stock Buybacks Say About Economic Growth | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Living In An Aberrational World" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bahrain election overshadowed by opposition boycott | Business Insider
- How The Navy's New Anti-Submarine Aircraft Sees Under The Waves | Business Insider
- Ukrainians in rebel east brace for winter among the ruins... | Business Insider
- What Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, And 11 Other Tech Visionaries Were Like In... | Business Insider
- 'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part I' Should... | Business Insider
- Time to act on energy security, Biden tells EU | Business Insider
- Giancarlo Stanton Nailed It When Asked About Making More In 1 Day Than Most... | Business Insider