3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Apple Stock is a 10 Year Short | ZeroHedge
- The Founding Fathers Warned Of This | ZeroHedge
- The Looming Land Of The Not-So-Free: 40% Of Millennials Would Censor Offensive Speech | ZeroHedge
- US Corporate Earnings, Overseas Sales and the Dollar | Financial Sense
- The Fundamental Truth of the Market Matter | Financial Sense
- Russia Bombs 1,000 ISIS Oil Tankers As France Launches First Carrier Strikes Against "Evil Death Cult" | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Releases "Greatest" Piece Of Terrorist Video Propaganda In History, Tells US, Russia To "Bring It On" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The way knives are made is insanely complicated — and mesmerizing to watch. | Business Insider
- US stocks slip in early trading, following Europe lower | Business Insider
- John Deere warns that 2016 will be worse than this year for the farming business (DE)... | Business Insider
- Alphabet is reportedly going to make its subsidiaries... | Business Insider
- Inmate kicks out police window, jumps onto Arizona freeway... | Business Insider
- Patriots K Stephen Gostkowski misses first FG of season | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek