3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- George Soros' False Flag Factories | ZeroHedge
- Mylan Admits EpiPen Profits 60% Higher Than It Told Congress, Stock Slips | ZeroHedge
- ECB Board Member Admits Central Bank's Monetary Policy Risks "Tearing Up Social Fabric" | ZeroHedge
- Hillary vs Donald: So Who Won? | ZeroHedge
- US Bank Stocks Slide After New Fed Tests Suggest Need For "Significant Increase In Capital" | ZeroHedge
- $356 Billion Fund Manager: "Now Is The Most Treacherous Time Ever. I've Never Seen This In My Career" | ZeroHedge
- "The Only Way Out Is Creative Destruction" Sinn Fears "Self-Inflicted Malaise" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A prominent Hillary Clinton surrogate questioned whether Donald Trump's sniffles... | Business Insider
- Tell us about the worst job interview mistake you've ever made... | Business Insider
- University of Nebraska football player says his team's... | Business Insider
- How Clinton and Trump compare on the... | Business Insider
- How The Rock — the highest-paid actor in Hollywood — makes and spends his millions | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- A massive voter registration effort is taking place Tuesday — and thousands of companies... | Business Insider