3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bitcoin Surges To 2016 Highs On Rising Chinese Demand; Decouples From Gold | ZeroHedge
- Edward Snowden Demonstrates How To "Go Black" | ZeroHedge
- ISIS Commander Killed In Falluja Airstrikes As A Familiar Face Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin Is Soaring On Unprecedented Burst In Chinese Buying | ZeroHedge
- Market Bubbles | Financial Sense
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- Charles Bolin's Detailed Investment Outlook - Market Topping, Economic Data in Decline | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is how Taco Bell, Starbucks, and other fast-food chains are... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- IMF: The last generation of economic policies may have been a complete failure | Business Insider
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' is nowhere near as good as ‘Captain America: Civil War... | Business Insider
- Golfers, this might be the best fitness tracker you can buy | Business Insider
- BATS CEO: Too many companies are harming the stock market by refusing to do one thing... | Business Insider
- West Point softball player pulls off amazing leap at home plate to avoid a tag | Business Insider