3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Draghi Tells Euro Shorts To "Make His Day", Again | ZeroHedge
- This Technical Signaled The Last Two Market Crashes And It Just Happened | ZeroHedge
- Just Another Manic Panic-Buying Monday In Stocks | ZeroHedge
- King Dollar Hurting Earnings! | Financial Sense
- Cutting Out a Cancer For a Cure | iBankCoin.com
- China To The Rescue: Global Equity Market Rebound After Latest Chinese Easing | ZeroHedge
- Fed Study Finds Fed Insolvency "Would Not Create Serious Problems" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Body camera video shows... | Business Insider
- Washington Post reporter faces spy trial in Iran | Business Insider
- Britain's FinTech... | Business Insider
- Mother of lifeless child in the iconic photo from the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing... | Business Insider
- One of Chris Christie's biggest allies is throwing his support to Jeb Bush... | Business Insider
- An office worker wore his GoPro camera to work one day and turned his 9-5 into a high-... | Business Insider
- Rio Tinto iron ore output slows, but still rising... | Business Insider