3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pentagon "Loses Track" Of Equipment From $750mm Bomb-Spotting Program, Finds On eBay & Craigslist | ZeroHedge
- Syria "Welcomes" Larger Russia Presence | ZeroHedge
- FeaTHeReD VaRMiNT... | ZeroHedge
- "I'm Not Stupid" Monsanto Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Weedkiller After Proclaiming "It Won't Hurt You" | ZeroHedge
- Kyle Bass Warns "The Fed Is Backed Into A Corner... Equities Are My Biggest Liquidity Worry" | ZeroHedge
- No Bear Market Signal Yet From Housing | Financial Sense
- Finally The "Very Serious People" Get It: QE Will "Permanently Impair Living Standards For Generations To Come" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- British Prime Minister David Cameron is obsessed with a bizarre 1970s... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Microsoft buys, shuts down a tiny startup | Business Insider
- Germanwings crash co-pilot hid illness from airline | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Japan official sacked over fake funeral claims | Business Insider
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy's highest court | Business Insider