3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- September Rate Hike Back On Table: Q2 GDP Soars In Revision From 2.3% To 3.7% Driven By Record Inventory Build | ZeroHedge
- "Would You Finance Your Kicks?": Shoe-Backed Securities Are On The Way | ZeroHedge
- Virgina Killer Sent "Suicide Note" To ABC, Says Massacre Is "Race War" In Reaction To Charleston Shooting | ZeroHedge
- China Loses All Control: Arrests Journalist, Financial Executive Over Market Crash | ZeroHedge
- Freeport-McMoRan Up Nearly 50% Today After Carl Icahn Goes Activist, Announces 8.5% Stake | ZeroHedge
- US Stays Solid Amid Global Quakes | Financial Sense
- Why Gold Was The Best Buy in 2008-9 Crash and Will Be This Time Too | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Crude oil is exploding higher (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Japan inflation, household spending slow in July, incomes... | Business Insider
- Grand Slam drought haunts American men as US Open looms | Business Insider
- Here's a super quick guide to what traders are talking about as futures rally on Wednesday (... | Business Insider
- Tigers' Justin Verlander has no-hitter through 6 innings... | Business Insider
- Mayor thanks US student who helped thwart France attack | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek