3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Europe's Great Experiment Is Failing | Financial Sense
- Anti-Refugee Rallies Sweep Europe As Nationalists Declare "We Will Not Surrender Europe To Islam" | ZeroHedge
- Chart of the Day: Nonfarm Payrolls and Bank Tightening | Financial Sense
- Utilities Winning By Not Losing | ZeroHedge
- Spend or Die! The Era of Negative Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- The Truth About Gold As an Investment (What Bubblevision "Experts" Conveniently Overlook) | ZeroHedge
- Europe Closes "On The Lows": Deutsche Bank Plunges 11% To 7 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NBC's Chuck Todd had an awkward exchange with Donald Trump about how he treats... | Business Insider
- 7 mind-blowing comparisons that put huge numbers into perspective... | Business Insider
- In one short statement, a railroad executive laid out the massive problem facing... | Business Insider
- ISIS 'is not sustainable' — here's the latest sign the group is... | Business Insider
- The NFL's new Thursday Night Football package is going to lose CBS... | Business Insider
- US Customs seized $39 million worth of fake sports-related items ahead of Super Bowl... | Business Insider
- The 19 greatest empires in history | Business Insider