3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q1 GDP Advance Estimate at 0.5%, Worse Than Mainstream Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Trump Protesters Breach Barricades, Clash With Riot Police - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Let's Stop Pretending Nuclear Power Is Commercially Viable | ZeroHedge
- More Lukewarm Econ Data to Match Q1 Earnings | Financial Sense
- US Treasury Gives Explicit Warning To China, Germany And Japan Not To Devalue Their Currencies | ZeroHedge
- The Oligarchy Is Tottering - Trump Tramples The Neocons' "False Song Of Globalism" | ZeroHedge
- Is the Dollar’s Major Bull Run Over? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A... | Business Insider
- Billionaire investor Chris Sacca told an amazing story about how obsessed Kobe Bryant... | Business Insider
- The simple reason why 'sell in May' is terrible advice (SPY, SPX) | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs just made another big change in its trading business | Business Insider
- The market is going to suck for the next 20 years, and you're going to have to double your... | Business Insider
- After a 10-month delay, the US finally has an ambassador to one of... | Business Insider
- A $1,000 garden igloo promises to transform your backyard into a year-round... | Business Insider