3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Shale Producers Just Won Their Biggest Legal Case in Years | Financial Sense
- The First Casualty Of Brexit: Italy Prepares €40 Billion Bank Bailout | ZeroHedge
- Something Just Snapped In VIX | ZeroHedge
- These Three Survey Responses Explain Everything That Is Wrong With The US Economy | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Rate Hike Plans Are Now "In Tatters" - What Wall Street Thinks | ZeroHedge
- What the Bond Market Is Telling Investors | Financial Sense
- Kremlin: Brexit Is Like Soviet Breakup | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- A world champion speaker shares his best tips for beating your fear of... | Business Insider
- People are tweeting a modified Beyonce lyric to mock the woman at the center of the... | Business Insider
- 'Leave' voters were not as stupid as David Cameron wanted them to be | Business Insider
- 24 crazy pictures of micro-apartments around the world | Business Insider
- 6 basic skills any excellent manager should have | Business Insider
- A ton of amazing games are on sale right now — here's what you need to know | Business Insider