3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Anarchy In Washington: Is Anybody In Charge? | ZeroHedge
- Gold - Watch the €1000 Level | Financial Sense
- Caterpillar Posts Record 21 Consecutive Months Of Declining Global Retail Sales, Worse Than Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- How Good Decision Making can Save Your Ass | ZeroHedge
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Warns Tesla Will Need To Raise At Least Another $6 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Three Fed Cycles and Stocks and Bonds | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Are The Secret Sites Where The... | Business Insider
- Larry Ellison steps down as Oracle chief executive | Business Insider
- THE BONEYARD: Here's Where The Air Force's Birds Go To Die | Business Insider
- Top 10 News for 9/... | StreetInsider.com
- 77% Of People In Relationships Think Men Should Pay On The First Date | Business Insider
- ROSENBERG: 'The Economy Is Starting To Fire On All Cylinders For The First Time This... | Business Insider
- UK Police Department Releases A Video Of The Worst Art Thief Of All Time | Business Insider