3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Welcome To The Next Awakening" - Author Of Steve Bannon's Worldview Explains The Path Ahead | ZeroHedge
- "They Want You Purged" - NRA Head Rages Against Violent Left "Terrorists" | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Market Recap Feb 26, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- SAUT: Fade the Fed, Markets Now Dependent on Fiscal Policy | Financial Sense
- The U.S. Nuclear Energy Dream Is Dying | ZeroHedge
- Significant Stock Market Narrative Development: There is a Westerly Trump Wind Underneath It | ZeroHedge
- In Latest Intel Mutiny Against Trump, DHS Analysts Say White House Travel Ban Is Wrong | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett hung newspapers from 7 market catastrophes on an office... | Business Insider
- This is the only correct way for men to dress for a black tie event like the Oscars | Business Insider
- How Americans really feel about their country on 33 key issues, and... | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders taunts Trump with photos of inauguration crowd after Trump says... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett just said this man has done the 'most... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Thousands march... | Business Insider