3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dallas Fed Outlook Contracts For 19th Straight Month With Wages Crashing To Sept 2013 Lows | ZeroHedge
- It's All Generally Relative | Financial Sense
- Thunderstorm Sparks Massive Spike In New York Elctricity Prices Amid Heat Wave | ZeroHedge
- Silver Spikes Back Into Green After Overnight Slump | ZeroHedge
- Is Kyle Bass Finally Getting His Revenge? | Financial Sense
- Biotech Bellwether Gilead Slides After Cutting Guidance, Harvoni Sales Miss | ZeroHedge
- Why Hillary Is Nervous: "More Leaks May Be Coming" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Marine Corps F-35s will go head-to-head with F-18s, F-22s, F-16s, and more at Red... | Business Insider
- Michael Jordan releases strong statement on police-involved shootings and pledges 2... | Business Insider
- Behold the most expensive weapons system ever and all of its ammunition in one... | Business Insider
- Recruiters reveal the common reasons why people... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Outgoing DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz booed at Florida delegation breakfast... | Business Insider
- Here's why investing in China is 'crazy ... literally' | Business Insider