3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Yesterday's Market Selloff Turn "Emotional": Here Are The Key Indicators RBC Is Looking At | ZeroHedge
- How I Became More Comfortable With Public Speaking | Altucher Confidential
- Major Bull Sees Much Smaller Returns for 2017 | Financial Sense
- Retail Nightmare Just Won't End: Sears Crashes On "Going Concern" Warning, Payless To File Bankruptcy In Days | ZeroHedge
- John Murphy on Intermarket Analysis and the Sequence of Market Peaks | Financial Sense
- MaXiNe WaTeRS... | ZeroHedge
- 9 Years Later... Greece Is Still In A Debt Crisis! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The fight over Trump's Supreme Court nominee puts spotlight on vulnerable... | Business Insider
- Disney may make even more 'Beauty and the Beast' movies — here's how | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- Google Maps has a new feature to ensure you never forget where you parked your car (... | Business Insider
- Watch this naval officer blow an easy Navy question on Jeopardy | Business Insider
- How Rebecca Ferguson went from 'Mission: Impossible' scene-stealer to the star... | Business Insider