3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is It Time For Another World War? (In 2 Charts) | ZeroHedge
- "Don’t Repeat That To Anybody" - Hillary Clinton And Donna Brazile Personally Implicated In Latest Project Veritas Video | ZeroHedge
- An IoT "Cannon" To "Bring Down The Web" Can Be Yours For Only $7,500 | ZeroHedge
- Did The White House Just Declare War On Russia? | ZeroHedge
- Calm Before The Storm - Coming Out Of The Voldrums | ZeroHedge
- Shadows on the Cave Wall | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Escapes Bankruptcy… But Oil Production Continues To Plunge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What it feels like to get fired from Google | Business Insider
- The Pentagon is demanding soldiers pay back huge cash bonuses that were given out... | Business Insider
- Under Armour releases new Stephen Curry commercial showing how much last... | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider
- UK police arrest man over 'chemical incident... | Business Insider
- We finally know who was killed in the season 6 'Walking Dead' cliffhanger and... | Business Insider
- I saved 50% of my income for a month — and it wasn't as impossible as I expected | Business Insider