3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe's Largest Insurance Company Explains Why The ECB's QE Has Already Failed Using "Widget Makers" | ZeroHedge
- "There Is No Reality Anymore..." | ZeroHedge
- What’s the Point? | iBankCoin.com
- The Swiss Franc Will Collapse | Financial Sense
- ECB Sets Up Biggest Contrarian Play of 2015 | Financial Sense
- U.S. Shale Boom May Come to Abrupt End | Financial Sense
- Canada Just "Revised" All Of Its 2014 Job Gains 35% Lower | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Electronic Arts Is Good Bet Despite Weaker-Than-Expected Forecast | TheStreet.com
- Watch This Utterly Amazing Video From GoPro's New Slow-Mo Camera (GPRO) | Business Insider
- Sangakkara century anchors Sri Lanka in ODI | Business Insider
- Fired-up Serena to face teen Keys in Aussie semi | Business Insider
- The History Of North American Rule In One Amazing GIF | Business Insider
- Stocks Nudge Higher as Energy Sector Bounces Back From Lows | TheStreet.com
- Tiger Woods Is 'The Worst I've Ever Seen A... | Business Insider