3 Stocks to add to your Short List
They are AOL, Domino's Pizza (DPZ), and Under Armour (UA).
Let's kick it off with AOL.
Shares of AOL have been trading in a channel upwards since last September, culminating in a huge gap up when they sold $1B in patents to Microsoft back in April. The stock is still hanging in there technically, however, it's trading near all time highs, it has a huge P/E ratio of 85, with a forward P/E of 32. We think AOL is overvalued here and if it falls below it's 20 day MA at $26, it could easily break through the 50 day at $24 and fall all the way to $20, where it's valuation is a little more acceptable. The short float percentage is 12.5% right now and we expect that to increase with the current softness in the market.
Next up, Domino's Pizza (DPZ). A lot of damage has been done to DPZ's chart technically since Mid-March. Price is currently bumping into it's 200 day SMA on the downside for the second time in recent weeks. Looking for a breakdown here with a target of $22.50.
And lastly, this is playing with fire, but Under Armour (UA) looks toppy here. Shares are up 30% for the year and trading at all time highs. In spite of that, shares have been making lower lows since what looks like a double-top registered on 04/20 and 05/02. If shares break down below $90 we think it could fall to $85-$80 before stabilizing, at that point we'd look to go long the name.
Looking for more short ideas? Check out our thoughts last week on Garmin (GRMN), Coinstar (CSTR) and Boston Beer Co. (SAM).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jack Ma Accuses The US Of Spending $14 Trillion On War Instead Of Its People | ZeroHedge
- The Myth Of The "Passive Indexing" Revolution | ZeroHedge
- Swedish Politician Resigns After Calls To "Shoot Trump" | ZeroHedge
- Calexit: Record Number Of Californians Support Secession, New Poll Finds | ZeroHedge
- Trump Set To Meet With Big 3 Auto CEOs: "I Want New Plants To Be Built Here For Cars Sold Here!" | ZeroHedge
- China Says It Is Ready To Assume "World Leadership", Slams Western Democracy As "Flawed" | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing PMI Near 3-Year Highs As Input Costs Soar Most In 28 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Turkey's economy is being held back by bad policies | Business Insider
- Here's how Democrats can win America back | Business Insider
- Trump's nationalist policies could give... | Business Insider
- Here are the stats we have so far on Twitter's live stream of Trump's... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are... | Business Insider
- The chart that should have every Wall Street CEO worried | Business Insider
- Chimpanzees are forcing us to redefine what it means to be human | Business Insider