3 Natural Gas Stocks to Watch
Pretty soon, we're not going to be filling up our car's tanks with gasoline any more, everything is going to be powered by Natural Gas. There are a lot of potential uses for our abundance of natural gas, and it just won a major battle. By exporting our bounty, the United States has the potential to improve its trade deficit, create thousands of jobs and generate meaningful taxable profits. All while reducing our dependency on foreign energy.
The stocks that Mastery recommends you watch are: Chesapeake Energy (CHK), Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP), and Devon Energy (DVN).
Let's kick it off with Chesapeake Energy (CHK). The stock has fallen on hard times lately, trading just above its 52 week low thanks to sinking Natural Gas prices and news of the CEO's loan transgressions. However, shares could be near the bottom here.
Over the past 12 months Chesapeake Energy Corp (chk) shares have traded between $17.17 and its 52-week high of $35.75. Chesapeake Energy Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 7.9 and EPS of 2.21.
Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP) is about to start exporting liquid natural gas like crazy, since their Sabine LNG export terminal just received approval. In fact, Cheniere CEO Charif Souki estimates that the U.S. will be exporting around 4 billion cubic feet per day by 2022.
CQP also pays a 7% dividend yield.
Over the past 12 months Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP) shares have traded between $11.52 and its 52-week high of $25. Cheniere Energy Partners LP shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 0 and EPS of -0.19.
Devon Energy (DVN) is a classic value stock.
Over the past 12 months Devon Energy Corp (DVN) shares have traded between $50.74 and its 52-week high of $91.61. Devon Energy Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 12.8 and EPS of 11.15.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Has 'Boundary' Problems | ZeroHedge
- The Fundamental Truth of the Market Matter | Financial Sense
- For Low Income Americans, All "Hope" Is Gone | ZeroHedge
- Mixed Demand For 5 Year Paper As Auction Tails | ZeroHedge
- Experts See Low Oil Prices for Decades to Come as US Shale Boom Goes Global | Financial Sense
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
- Turkish Shootdown of Russian Jet: What You Need to Know | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Latest: Security reassures parents at Brussels schools... | Business Insider
- Obama hails Spielberg's 'boundless imagination' | Business Insider
- The Latest: Russia says 1 downed pilot held by Syrian army... | Business Insider
- Citing "imminent" threat, Brussels extends high alert... | Business Insider
- Uber just formed a board to address growing... | Business Insider
- Here's what you need to know if you're worried about eating at... | Business Insider
- The Latest: US vice president meeting south Europe leaders... | Business Insider