3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Brexit Reaction Is The Reason Brexit Happened | ZeroHedge
- 2016 Is the Year of Cheap Renewables, Not Oil | Financial Sense
- Clinton's Plan For Millennials: Loan Forgiveness | ZeroHedge
- The Crackdown Begins: Chinese Bank Sues To Seize Vancouver Real Estate Assets | ZeroHedge
- Greece To "Name & Shame" Debtors Owing Over EUR300k To The State | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Slams Benghazi Report As "Discredited, Conspiracy Theories" | ZeroHedge
- No June Swoon, Bye Bye in July? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Miami Heat breakout star has an awesome perspective on becoming one of the best NBA... | Business Insider
- American Express is getting into one of the hottest trends in... | Business Insider
- Meet the pro baseball player who scored a $2 million signing... | Business Insider
- The iPhone 7 could have a totally new kind of home button (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Say what you will about the F-35, but America's most expensive war machine has a gorgeous... | Business Insider
- Shark Week dropped its controversial... | Business Insider
- Netflix is trying to solve a big problem: there's no Harry Potter for... | Business Insider