3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Stays Solid Amid Global Quakes | Financial Sense
- The Best And Worst Performing Commodities Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Playing the Chinese Trump Card | Financial Sense
- US Automaker Panic Button Looms After China's Top Carmaker Warns Of "Grim" Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Another Day Younger and Deeper in Debt | Financial Sense
- What Happens When A Company, Or An Economy, Can’t Squeeze Any More Juice Out Of The Lemon | ZeroHedge
- Aug 28 - Fed George: Prepared for Rate Hike, Despite Selloff | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Belgium lays to rest heroine who saved countless GI lives... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- A weird property of water is a third of the reason oceans are rising... | Business Insider
- Q&A: Questions, answers in Planned Parenthood controversy... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Residents across Gulf remember Katrina's might, recovery... | Business Insider