3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production Rises Slightly | Financial Sense
- Debate Post-Mortem: "Bad Hombres", "Putin Puppets", Chris Wallace Wins "Bigly" | ZeroHedge
- Dallas Police Retiring in Droves, Taking Lump Sum Pensions, Fearing the Money Isn’t There (And It Isn’t) | Financial Sense
- A Fractured France at the Crossroad of Multiple Risks | Financial Sense
- Anthem! | Financial Sense
- Foreign Affairs: Fight Populism With Even Bigger Government | ZeroHedge
- Watch Trump & Clinton Roast Each Other At The Al Smith Dinner - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The brutal 'honest trailer' for 'Ghostbusters' picks apart all the... | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg on Peter Thiel and Donald Trump: 'We care deeply about diversity... | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders wants more information from a drug... | Business Insider
- India's becoming a lot more important in the oil market | Business Insider
- Exxon's CEO doesn't think there's going... | Business Insider
- Here's the trick I used to shave weeks off my home-buying process | Business Insider
- Here’s what happens when interest rates go negative | Business Insider