3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: March 5 | ZeroHedge
- Does the Fed Have a Currency Problem? | Financial Sense
- Push Back: Impacts of a Rising Dollar on Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
- Canada’s Central Bank Requests End To Defacing of Debasing Canadian Dollar | ZeroHedge
- The Eurozone: On the Road to Recovery With a Lingering Risk | Financial Sense
- Chart Of The Day: Recession Dead Ahead? | ZeroHedge
- Poland Cuts Rates More Than Expected, 21st Central Bank "Policy Ease" Of The Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tracking the Americanization of the NHL since the 'Original Six' | Business Insider
- Some people really like Nextdoor, the neighborhood-based social network that... | Business Insider
- Etsy just filed for an IPO — and the company disclosed some accounting problems (... | Business Insider
- Some huge private equity firms are going to be very relieved if they can... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton says she asked the State... | Business Insider
- Selfie sticks are now banned at the Smithsonian | Business Insider
- This supercar just unveiled in Geneva is the future of Ferrari | Business Insider