3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- CSX Cuts Outlook Despite CEO Saying "Expects No Impact From Low Oil Prices" | ZeroHedge
- Another 8 Million Barrels Added to Oil Storage | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things: No Money, Wall Street's Big Scam, Bottom 80% | ZeroHedge
- US Services PMI Surges To 6-Month Highs, Decouples From Hard Data Reality | ZeroHedge
- Will Germany Build the Next Silicon Valley? | Financial Sense
- Felix Zulauf: Asset Prices Will Continue to Inflate as China Joins the Party Next | Financial Sense
- The Tried-and-True Blueprint for Raising Taxes | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Business Insider is hiring a night news editor | Business Insider
- Massive power outage hits Amsterdam | Business Insider
- Dramatic images of the massive fire and building... | Business Insider
- REVEALED: A Breakdown Of The Demographics For Each Of The Different Social Networks | Business Insider
- Ukraine's Russia debt threatens IMF rescue | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- Here's what we know about Apple's upcoming Spotify killer | Business Insider