3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: September 15 | ZeroHedge
- Minimum-Wage Blowback; The De-Humanization Of Fast-Food Has Begun | ZeroHedge
- Gazprom Says Kiev Should Blame Warsaw For Gas Supply Cut | ZeroHedge
- Why Scotland Has All The Leverage, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Asks "Will The Swiss Vote To Get Their Gold Back?" | ZeroHedge
- Is Crimea a Short-Term Gain for Putin, but Long-Term Loss for Russia? | Financial Sense
- China About to Miss the 7.5% GDP Growth Target | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pressure on Head to get Treve Arc bid back on track | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Traders Are Blaming Today's Tech Stock Sell-Off On Alibaba ... And It Isn... | Business Insider
- BIS central bank warns against 'illusion of... | Business Insider
- Here's What Science Says Is The Best Way To Cool A Case Of Beers | Business Insider
- New York Gubernatorial Candidate Attacked For Being A Dolphins Fan | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek