3D Printing: The Next Big Thing
3D Printing is the future
Imagine this: the year is 2018, you're at home, in your backyard, throwing a nerf football around with your son. He has a great arm, and accidentally bombs one over the fence into the neighbours yard.
The neighbors pit bull trots over, and proceeds to tear your son's beloved nerf football to shreds.
Not to worry, you pull out your trusty Android phone (it was found in 2016 that the iPhone 7 causes cancer, so no one uses apple products anymore) and you go to the 3d printing store. You select a red nerf ball design, which will cost you $2.99. With your purchase, the schematics are sent wirelessly to the 3d printer in your study.
You and your son go inside, take a quick water break, grab your shiny new nerf football fresh off the printer and play resumes.
We are in the early stages of a technology that could literally change the world. The stock we like is 3D systems.
While 3D printing could ultimately turn out to be a fad in the consumer world and the investment world (much like nanotech in the early 2000's), 3D systems is not some fly-by-night company. They are a legitimate, profitable company.
Analysts are projecting a 46% increase in DDD sales this year, and 18% in 2013. We think this is a conservative estimate for 2013, and if 3D printing really takes off, it could prove to be the investment of the decade.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sweden: Death By Immigration | ZeroHedge
- "Recovery" Fable Unravels As BOE Cuts Growth Forecast, Eurozone Slashes Inflation Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 5 | ZeroHedge
- Divided America | ZeroHedge
- What Happens Next? | ZeroHedge
- Russian-OPEC Production Cut Remains a Long Shot | Financial Sense
- Explaining Today's Collapse In US Worker Productivity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Something beautiful happens when you cover a power tool in paint | Business Insider
- 10 books every new manager should read | Business Insider
- The NFL took over downtown San Francisco this week — here's... | Business Insider
- Forget college — banks are offering parents ways to save for their kids' retirement | Business Insider
- This very basic skill could help you excel at work in countless ways | Business Insider
- Science says that charisma can be learned — here are 9 proven strategies | Business Insider
- Sylvester Stallone shows off incredible behind-the-scenes photos from... | Business Insider