3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BCA: Geopolitical Forces Likely to Push Oil Lower Near Term | Financial Sense
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: A Clockwork Orange | iBankCoin.com
- Crude Prices Surge as the Pieces Fall Into Place | Financial Sense
- Why Russia Will Send More Troops to Central Asia | Financial Sense
- Take Note: 2008 Was the Warm Up | ZeroHedge
- Consumers Love Higher Gas Prices: UMich Confidence Rises To 2nd Highest In 8 Years | ZeroHedge
- I am Prepared For All Eventualities | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thousands march in Europe against US-EU free trade pact | Business Insider
- UN says 'differences' emerge in Libya peace talks | Business Insider
- A famous poet's advice for college graduates in this 177-year-old... | Business Insider
- After 'Star Wars' became a big hit, George Lucas... | Business Insider
- Phelps wins on return, could get world champs invite | Business Insider
- How the iPhone 6 compares to its biggest rival, the Samsung Galaxy S6 (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Spanish authorities search ex-IMF chief Rato's... | Business Insider