3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 5 Negative Factors For Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- An IoT "Cannon" To "Bring Down The Web" Can Be Yours For Only $7,500 | ZeroHedge
- Shadows on the Cave Wall | ZeroHedge
- Bundesbank Confirms HFTs Reduce Liquidity, Contribute To Flash Crashes, Withdraw At Times Of "Market Stress" | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in September | Financial Sense
- Fed Risks Lehman Crisis As US Recession Storm Gathers | ZeroHedge
- "No Going Back": Iraq Demands Exemption From Oil Production Cut, As Rosneft Slams Saudis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What it feels like to get fired from Google | Business Insider
- The founder of a 4,500-person company explains why he has dinner with... | Business Insider
- The Air Force has plans to make one of its drones even more deadly | Business Insider
- A 'Walking Dead' actor got his hair... | Business Insider
- How drones will change the world in the next 5 years | Business Insider
- Credit cards are going the way of fax machines | Business Insider
- A day in the life of Genius' Rob Markman, whose job working with artists may be... | Business Insider