3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Credit Suisse Plunges To 25 Year Lows After Posting Enormous $5.8 Billion Q4 Loss | ZeroHedge
- Will Tomorrow's Payrolls Print A Zero? | ZeroHedge
- Pictures From Obama's First Mosque Trip: "Islam Has Always Been A Part Of America" | ZeroHedge
- Jose Canseco Has An Opinion On Negative Rates | ZeroHedge
- The Continuing Demonization Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- Sanders Slams Hillary As Wall Street Puppet Ahead Of Critical New Hampshire Primary | ZeroHedge
- Bonds & Bullion Best As Dollar Crashes To 4-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MARC FABER: Saudi Arabia is 'basically bankrupt' if... | Business Insider
- The one question you should never ask at the end of a... | Business Insider
- The latest Pluto image reveals what looks like icebergs in a sea... | Business Insider
- 24 cities every music lover should experience before they die | Business Insider
- Samsung thinks giant screens on the backs of trucks will make... | Business Insider
- 11 super-smart technologies Mercedes put in its newest... | Business Insider
- A Stanford professor says the 'gun test' can help you make... | Business Insider