3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BP Manager In Charge of Cleaning Up the Gulf Oil Spill Dumped BP Stock Before the Severity of Spill Was Discovered | ZeroHedge
- If The Smart Money Is Selling, Who's Buying? | ZeroHedge
- Russian Foreign Minister Announces Four Party Agreement On Steps To De-escalate Ukraine Crisis | ZeroHedge
- What Happened To The Middle Class? The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- High and Tight Oorah Gas | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Why The West's Financial Warfare Against Russia May Lead To The Real Thing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch This Bald Man Grow Hair In A Matter Of Seconds | Business Insider
- 39% Of Americans Believe Teleportation Will Happen In The Next 50 Years | Business Insider
- 21 Sweet Perks Hedge Funds Give To Their Employees | Business Insider
- Meet The Six Different Types Of 'Evil' Robots | Business Insider
- An Activist Hedge Fund Is Staging A Big Campaign Against The Company That Runs The... | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Billionaire Philanthropist Sells His Central Park West... | Business Insider
- US Local Mobile Ad Spending Will... | Business Insider