3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Give Up Post-FOMC Gains, Dollar Drops, Gold Flat | ZeroHedge
- 3 Reasons Yellen's FOMC Remains Dovish | Financial Sense
- NIRP DERP: A Chart Of What Europe Economy Really Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- Foreign Secretary Warns Russian Sanctions "Will Hit UK Economy" | ZeroHedge
- Down Over 2% Today | iBankCoin.com
- Momentary Delight | iBankCoin.com
- Economy Expands at 4.0% Annual Rate in Q2 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tesla's Plans For Its Massive Battery Factory Make It Sound Like A Legendary Ford... | Business Insider
- So, The Fed Pretty Much Doesn't Care About The Unemployment Rate Anymore (DIA... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's... | StreetInsider.com
- McDonald's Japan Just Rolled Out Tofu McNuggets | Business Insider
- Why Glu Mobile Stock Is Tanking in Pre-Market Trading Today | TheStreet.com
- STOCKS CRATER, DOW PLUNGES 300 POINTS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, IWM,... | Business Insider
- Samsung Reports Quarterly Profit Decline, Blaming Competition From Other Smartphone Makers | Business Insider