3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "We Live In A Dystopic, Orwellian Ball Of Crazy" | ZeroHedge
- Fund Managers at Highest Cash Levels in 14 Years | Financial Sense
- For Those Who Slept Through The "Yen Rollercoaster", This Is What You Missed | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Profit Plunges 98% And The Worst Is Yet To Come | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: Throw Out the Fundamentals—Negative Rates Could Push the Dow Up to 40,000 | Financial Sense
- US Homeownership Rate Crashes To Lowest Since 1965 | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 177 – Ramit Sethi: What Happens When You Make $50,000 In One Month? | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Islamic banking turns out to be less risky than conventional... | Business Insider
- Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam just explained why he paid $5 billion for Yahoo... | Business Insider
- Here's what happens if you never wash your jeans | Business Insider
- THE CONNECTED CAR REPORT: Forecasts, competing technologies... | Business Insider
- The next presidential helicopter is coming | Business Insider
- Trump campaign: 'Tonight was a sad night for the Democratic Party... | Business Insider
- Lena Dunham and America Ferrera slammed Donald Trump in a DNC speech: 'He's... | Business Insider