3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The False Promises Of 2% Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Things That Make You Go Hmmm... Like A 'Run' On The Gold 'Bank' | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Asks "Will They Hang Bankers Again On Wall Street?" | ZeroHedge
- Trade Ideas For Monday | iBankCoin.com
- PROPHECY ALERT: “The Fly’s” Predictions for 2015 | iBankCoin.com
- Belarus In Full-Blown Hyperinflation Panic: Blocks News, Online Stores; Bans All FX Trading For 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- Jim Grant: "The Fed Has A 3rd Mandate... The Administration Of American Equity Prices" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NYPD Officers Turn Their Backs On Mayor De Blasio | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- 14 Gifts Teenagers Will Actually Want | Business Insider
- High-Momentum Tech Stocks Lead Gains in Fed-Inspired Rally | TheStreet.com
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- US-Cuba thaw could spell end for island's iconic cars | Business Insider