3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Arrest Of Top Advisor And Bodyguard, New Poll Shows Le Pen Is Mightier Than Les Globalists | ZeroHedge
- Tom Perez Wins Vote To Lead Democratic Party | ZeroHedge
- Size Matters: Visualizing The Tallest Building In Each State | ZeroHedge
- Majority Finds Media Coverage Of Trump Is "Too Critical, Exaggerated": WSJ/NBC Poll | ZeroHedge
- Berkshire Letter Highlights: Buffett Slams Hedge Funds, Likes Immigrants And The US Outlook | ZeroHedge
- Buchanan: Is Secession A Solution To Cultural War? | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Perplexed By The "Relentless Bull Market" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This startup makes the most comfortable pair of underwear I’ve ever worn | Business Insider
- Rory McIlroy: 'To be called a fascist and a bigot' because I played golf... | Business Insider
- Uber says it is not behind mysterious efforts to dig up '... | Business Insider
- The latest JPMorgan lawsuit may show why America needs Dodd-Frank | Business Insider
- WARREN BUFFETT: 'Every decade or so, dark clouds will fill the economic skies,... | Business Insider
- Al Gore just sold $29 million of Apple stock (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The fight for the future of the Democratic Party is about to reach a critical point | Business Insider