3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Job Market Rolling Over: Rate Of Hiring Declines At Fastest Pace Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- How Twitter Bots Affected the US Presidential Campaign | Financial Sense
- The Equation That Explains It All | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Odd One Out | ZeroHedge
- US Housing Market Reeling After Mortgage Rates Jump To Two Years Highs | ZeroHedge
- Factory Orders Surged Most In 16 Months (Before The Election) | ZeroHedge
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has formally resigned | Business Insider
- Japan and the US will be burying their World War II ghosts after... | Business Insider
- Libyan forces have fully cleared ISIS out from its regional capital | Business Insider
- Trump slams Alec Baldwin: 'His imitation of me is... | Business Insider
- CEO of Japanese telecom SoftBank says company will bring... | Business Insider
- Military leaders are trying to fix the lengthy process... | Business Insider
- The 20 best books of the year, according to readers | Business Insider