3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 4 Factors Driving Oil Prices This Summer | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Getting Ready for a BIG Move; Risk to the Downside | Financial Sense
- GHoST IN THe SMeLL... | ZeroHedge
- Trump Signs Executive Order Rolling Back Obama's Climate Policies: Who Benefits The Most? | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Roll-Over As USDJPY Tumbles To Post-Healthcare-Fail Lows | ZeroHedge
- Don Coxe on Brewing US Pension Crisis, Stimulus vs. Rising Rates | Financial Sense
- March Consumer Confidence Highest Since 2000 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Robert Kraft says Tom Brady told him he is 'willing' to play... | Business Insider
- How to lose friends and 'exfoliate' people — Trump's son-in-law, Jared... | Business Insider
- Adidas is launching biodegradable shoes that can be dissolved in 36 hours | Business Insider
- 26 things under $20 we use every day | Business Insider
- UBS says Snap Inc. needs to rise to 3 critical challenges | Business Insider
- 9 everyday missteps that make you look like you never learned your manners | Business Insider
- Get Frye boots and bags for up to half off — and more of today's best deals from around the web | Business Insider