3D Systems: Buy or Balk?
After reaching over $44 a share last week 3D Systems Corporation (DDD) has fell 12% to close today at $38.27. No real news has been published about 3D since July when the company reported a stellar conference call and hit a new 52-week high.
Since July 3D Systems shares have cooled down 14.6%. 3D printing in general is definitely the future and 3D Systems is going to continue to enjoy the fanfare and profits of a growth industry. We learned during the July Q2 call that revenue increased 52% to $83.6 million when compared to Q2 2011 on 20% organic growth. The company reported growth from all its revenue categories, led by a 112% increase in its printer units sold. 3D Systems please the Street with its 2012 guidance expecting its revenue to be in the range of $330 million to $360 million.
There's no doubt profit taking could be pushing down 3D Systems. DDD has increased 165% already in 2012 and that's including the recent pullback.
Looking at the DDD chart, every time price has touched the bottom of its rising channel, a rally has ensued. Price just touched the bottom of its rising channel today. Another reason to buy DDD in the short term is that its competitor Stratasys (SSYS) printed a nice looking hammer candle today - shares of SSYS hit a low of $59.32, but turned on a dime and rallied all the way back up to $64.73 to close out the day. DDD usually trades in tandem with SSYS, so we think DDD will follow suit.
MASTERY Bottom line:
After a 14% drop since hitting a new 52-week low in July, 3D Systems is a stock to watch.
3D Systems (DDD) Charts
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- “Saving Social Security” May End in Dollar Devaluation | Financial Sense
- FBI Admits Clinton Used Software Designed To "Prevent Recovery" And "Hide Traces Of" Deleted Emails | ZeroHedge
- Buy Gold's August Dip? Gold's Monthly Sweet Spot In September as Chaotic Election Looms | ZeroHedge
- CNN Yesterday: Hillary Health Concerns 'Sexist'; CNN Today: Questions Trump's Health | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Decline Along With The Dollar, As Jackson Hole Begins | ZeroHedge
- US Admits Syria Bombing "May Have" Killed Civilians | ZeroHedge
- The Narrative Machine | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We tried the mushroom coffee that claims to increase... | Business Insider
- There's an amazing deal on a pair of Bowers & Wilkins headphones today | Business Insider
- Over 30 superhero movies are coming out in the next 5 years — here they all are | Business Insider
- There's one state where Obamacare is 'very near collapse' | Business Insider
- Tesla just hiked up the price of Autopilot (TSLA) | Business Insider
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- Evan McMullin told us what first comes to his mind about Trump,... | Business Insider