Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Asset Price Deflation Coming Up? | Financial Sense
- Thanks Obamacare: This Is What Americans Spent The Most Money On In Q4 | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Cost Of Living Around The World | ZeroHedge
- "Hottest Year On Record?" Think Again! Meet 'Seasonally-Adjusted' Seasons | ZeroHedge
- Nomi Prins: The Sinister Evolution Of Our Modern Banking System | ZeroHedge
- Does Anyone Really Believe In A Grexit? | ZeroHedge
- The Raging “Currency Wars” Across Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's a chart of inflation in the UK since 1510 | Business Insider
- 'Reverse showrooming': bricks-and-mortar... | Business Insider
- Injury-plagued Sturridge marks return with goal | Business Insider
- These 11 apps and websites will make you miss your childhood | Business Insider
- Murray fights back to level Open final at 1-1 | Business Insider
- Cristiano Ronaldo, wearing a wig and glasses, surprised a young fan on... | Business Insider
- 12 ways to save your iPhone's battery (AAPL) | Business Insider