Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Time to Be Bearish Is When Breadth Is Weak, Which Clearly Isn’t Now | Financial Sense
- "The Rent Is Too Damned High" | ZeroHedge
- Steve Liesman: "Get Ready, Here It Comes: A December Taper" | ZeroHedge
- Today's Only Event That Matters | ZeroHedge
- Gold & Silver Play Catch Up To Stocks' Un-Taper Exuberance | ZeroHedge
- What’s the Deal With That? | Financial Sense
- Volcker Rule Details Revealed: Compensation For Prop Trading Will Be Barred... Just Not Prop Trading Itself | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART: Here Are The 50 Global Companies That Spent The Most On R&D | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (QQQ, SPY, DIA) | Business Insider
- Ousted Co-Founder Slams Snapchat's Restraining Order As 'Meritless' | Business Insider
- Here Are The New Food Trends We'll See On Restaurant Menus In 2014 | Business Insider
- The Coldest Temperature Ever Recorded On Earth Was Just Captured By... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- The 'New American' Is Now Officially The Planet's Biggest Airline... | Business Insider