Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Hire That Could Be The Difference Between A Fed Rate Hike And BoJ Helicopter Money | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- Crude Slumps On Big Inventory Build Despite Biggest Production Plunge In 10 Months | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Traders Are Getting Angrier With Every Passing Day | ZeroHedge
- 6 Charts That Show the Global Demographic Crisis Is Unfolding | ZeroHedge
- ECB Study says US data 'leaked' to key traders | ZeroHedge
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We talked to Megan Fox about her new game, the stresses of motherhood, and why she wishes she were a... | Business Insider
- Visa launches startup challenge (V) | Business Insider
- 'I've never seen a play like that':... | Business Insider
- 29 things you should never include on your résumé | Business Insider
- Floyd Mayweather is being offered ‘crazy numbers’ as signs point to a return to... | Business Insider
- 7 things to teach your kids if you want them to... | Business Insider
- The 12 best-looking dress shoes you can buy for under $500 | Business Insider