Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saut: Dow Theory Says Primary Trend Still Positive Though Short-Term Caution Advised | Financial Sense
- Spot The Total Logic Fail | ZeroHedge
- "America's Demographic Situation Is A Ticking Time Bomb" | ZeroHedge
- Are Japanese Equities Discounting Further QE Ahead? | Financial Sense
- Europe & China Start Direct Trading In Euros & Yuan As De-Dollarization Expands | ZeroHedge
- Mixed on Durables and Jobless Claims | Financial Sense
- Despite 2nd Slowest Income Growth In 2014, Spending Rises Most Since March Driven By Subprime, Car Sales | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Steve Smith Promised To Torch The Panthers Hours After They Cut Him — And He Did | Business Insider
- Your Daily Starbucks Habit Will Cost You Nearly $7,000 Over A Decade | Business Insider
- Jeff Goldblum Strips To His Undies In Hilarious... | Business Insider
- Amanda Bynes Arrested For DUI | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- California Approves Controversial 'Yes Means Yes'... | Business Insider
- Why Everyone Is Going Crazy For Sweetgreen — The Healthy 'Slow Food' Chain... | Business Insider