Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Plunge In Export Prices Is Now Worse Than The Great Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Now’s Really Not the Time for a Liquidity Crisis | Financial Sense
- The German Press Does It Again: "Give Me The Money Or I Shoot" | ZeroHedge
- Massive "No" Demonstration Floods Athens' Syntagma Square As Tsipras Speaks - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Sugar Daddies Are Paying Their Share Of The $1.3 Trillion Student Loan Balance | ZeroHedge
- Varoufakis Will Resign If Referendum Passes, Says Would Rather "Cut Off Arm" Than Sign | ZeroHedge
- The Fourth Turning – An Interview With Neil Howe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Chinese shares plunge more than 5% | Business Insider
- HSBC thinks Greek banks will be closed next week – whatever happens | Business Insider
- UK officials had a crazy plan... | Business Insider
- Solar Impulse arrives in Hawaii, completes historic flight... | Business Insider
- Greece polls show 'Yes... | Business Insider