Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jim Bianco on Gold, Oil, and Why the Market Doesn't Care About Geopolitical Events | Financial Sense
- What Is the VIX Fear Index Telling Us Now? | Financial Sense
- This is Why Socialism Doesn't Work | ZeroHedge
- Russell & Trannies Give Up FOMC Gains, Bond Yields Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Bond Risk Rises As Catalan Referendum "Dialog" Heats Up | ZeroHedge
- Quantitative Proof The Fed Is Destroying The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Australia Stunned After ISIS Plan To "Publicly Behead Random Person In Sydney" Foiled | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google to boost Android encryption, joining Apple | Business Insider
- I Checked Out An Aston Martin, Maserati... | Business Insider
- Trading Radar for 9/22: AutoZone (AZO), Ascena... | StreetInsider.com
- Indonesian Aceh proposes 100 lashes for gay sex | Business Insider
- How Liam Neeson Became An Accidental Action Star At 61 | Business Insider
- Alibaba Employees Will Wear A Silly Shirt With An Inspirational Message For Its Historic... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek