Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Some Bad And Some Worse News For Stock Buybacks | ZeroHedge
- The Rebellion Is Real; Brexit Was Merely A Warning | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed State Coincident Index Declines to Multi-Year Lows | Financial Sense
- We're in a Global Bear Market, Says Leading Technician | Financial Sense
- Move Over Oil – Lithium Is the Future of Transportation | Financial Sense
- Capital Flight Chaos - Safe Havens Are Tiny Markets | ZeroHedge
- We Expect Huge Oil Inventory Draws in July (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s why the most popular map of the world is totally misleading... | Business Insider
- A group of Pakistani clerics say transgender... | Business Insider
- 7 ways to stop over-thinking everything in your life | Business Insider
- People are spending less at restaurants... | Business Insider
- The Brexit may not even ever happen | Business Insider
- A ‘Game of Thrones’ actress explains why fans shouldn’t be upset over this... | Business Insider
- Save thousands on a Breitling watch — and more of today's best... | Business Insider