Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GDP Gives Market No Tail-Wind | Financial Sense
- The Law, as given to Moses by The God of Abraham, The God Israel, The God of Christianity, and The God of Islam | ZeroHedge
- When Will the Fed Hike Rates? It All Comes Down to “Patience” | Financial Sense
- Paranoia And Purges For Venezuela As Oil Misery Continues | ZeroHedge
- Yellen’s Patience Is Market’s Gain | Financial Sense
- 2-Year T-Note Shows Path for FOMC | Financial Sense
- Eurozone Holding Up Despite Greece | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead: official | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Why our brains see the black and blue dress as white and gold | Business Insider
- This San Francisco bar is a gamer's paradise | Business Insider
- The 28 hottest exotic cars from the 2015 Geneva Motor Show | Business Insider
- Here's what billionaire investor Warren Buffett has for breakfast | Business Insider