Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman Does It Again: Banco Espirito Santo Bonds & Stock Are Crashing | ZeroHedge
- "Costs" For Who? Adidas Drops Most Ever After Slashing Guidance: Blames Russia | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Confidence Surges; Highest Since the 2007 Market Peak | Financial Sense
- A-D Line Divergence Again | Financial Sense
- "Stability Breeds Instability", Or Why John Taylor Is Angry | ZeroHedge
- Obama Sued: House Authorizes Lawsuit Against President With 225-201 Vote | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Give Up Post-FOMC Gains, Dollar Drops, Gold Flat | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- English Soccer Player Scores Corkscrew Goal With The Outside Of His Foot | Business Insider
- TESLA DELIVERS (TSLA) | Business Insider
- 3 Stocks Under $10 to Trade for Breakouts | TheStreet.com
- This Chart Shows How Healthcare Spending Estimates In GDP Reports Are A Disaster... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- How Kraft Foods Saved Tang From Obscurity | Business Insider
- Micron Technology Flagged as Today's Pre-Market Laggard | TheStreet.com