Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Iran Says No Thanks To Dollars; Demands Euro Payment For Oil Sales | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Earnings Illustrate Earnings Recession | Financial Sense
- Utilities Winning By Not Losing | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley: "We Struggle To Remember When Bearish Sentiment Was As Widespread As Today" | ZeroHedge
- After 1,428 Years, Here's What Brought Down The World's Oldest Business | ZeroHedge
- 2016: The Year When China Put Trump On The Throne | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 8 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Michael Kors has identified a huge weakness in its business — and it... | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: Donald Trump has embraced 'Keep it simple, stupid' | Business Insider
- 14 surprising foods you probably thought were healthier than they... | Business Insider
- The science behind why you sometimes end up dating terrible people | Business Insider
- 21st Century Fox shares are sliding (FOXA) | Business Insider
- Here's why a weaker dollar is better for the US | Business Insider
- Taco Bell is using one key advantage to overtake Chipotle | Business Insider