Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Turkey Launches Investigation Of "Losers" Who Claim Coup Was A Hoax | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
- The Looming Shortage in Government Bonds | Financial Sense
- Did Verizon Just Signal The Top? | ZeroHedge
- Caterpillar Retail Sales Decline For 43 Consecutive Months | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are Catching Down To Oil's Plunge | ZeroHedge
- US Futures Unchanged As Europe Stocks Rise; Strong Dollar Pressures Oil | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- This country could be the next winner in the South China Sea | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before the opening bell (spy, spx, qqq, dia, yhoo, vz, giii) | Business Insider
- The new 'Doctor Strange' trailer that just debuted at Comic-Con is here and... | Business Insider
- 3 characteristics the most persuasive speeches share | Business Insider
- There's a surprising limit to how much the human stomach can hold | Business Insider
- The world's largest gathering of inventors shows... | Business Insider