Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Opposes "Threatening And Damaging" US Carrier Patrols In South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- The Illusion Of Freedom: The Police State Is Alive And Well | ZeroHedge
- DHS Issues Sweeping New Rules On Deportation Of Illegal Immigrants | ZeroHedge
- Florida Teacher "Reassigned" After Facebook Post Praising Trump On Immigration | ZeroHedge
- 45 Trillion Reasons Why Gary Cohn Has Recused Himself From All Goldman Matters | ZeroHedge
- As China's Housing Minister Admits There Is A Bubble, Axiom Warns "Sell Commodities Now" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 22 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The sudden break-up between SI.com and one of its affiliates shows the ugly side of sports... | Business Insider
- Chip Gaines of HGTV's 'Fixer Upper' explains how to know when... | Business Insider
- An investment company is making plans to launch what could be the first exchange-traded fund to... | Business Insider
- Psychologists found that the way we react... | Business Insider
- Here's why cities inflate their housing bubbles until they can't... | Business Insider
- A recruiter describes the 5 people you... | Business Insider
- Trump's new national security adviser may undo... | Business Insider