Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Favorable Sentiment for a 4th Quarter Rally | Financial Sense
- Friday Humor: How Ebola Quarantine Works | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Slowing of World Trade Growth and Globalization | Financial Sense
- THE TIM COOK BOTTOM OR TOP? | iBankCoin.com
- Who Will Suffer From A Leveraged Credit Shakeout? | ZeroHedge
- How Long Can The Top 10% Households Prop Up The "Recovery"? | ZeroHedge
- Meet “OSHbot” Lowes New Store Helper; Goodbye Retail Associates, Hello Robots | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Energy, Politics and Putin: Russia's Gas Power Play Traps Europe | TheStreet.com
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- The Fed's First Rate Hike Is In Sight | Business Insider
- One Stock Is Responsible For 109 Points Of The Dow Rally | Business Insider
- After Going Viral On Social Media, An Adorable Puppy Worth $2,500 Was Stolen In... | Business Insider
- Charlie Rangel Says Some Republicans 'Believe That... | Business Insider