Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Is Buying? Another $5 Billion Pulled From US Equity Funds, Outflows In 6 Of Past 7 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- "The Game Is Up" - Why Exporters Are In Double Trouble | ZeroHedge
- European Mars Lander Crashed On Impact | ZeroHedge
- A Realist's View Of The US Presidential Contest | ZeroHedge
- Former Haitian Senate President Calls Clintons "Common Thieves Who Should Be In Jail" | ZeroHedge
- DNC Chair Donna Brazile Pummeled Over Leaked Debate Question, Plays "Persecuted Christian Woman" Card | ZeroHedge
- Steve Wynn Slams Obamacare, Warns Government "Is Degrading The Living Standards Of Every Person In America" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- RAY DALIO: There will be 'big, bad outcomes'... | Business Insider
- These are the 10 best everyday exercises for burning calories | Business Insider
- Airbnb may go public sooner than you think | Business Insider
- 234 stars seem to be emitting alien-like signals | Business Insider
- 5 rookie manager mistakes — and how to avoid them | Business Insider
- Here's the trick I used to shave weeks off my home-buying process | Business Insider