Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Low Can Gold Go? The Gold Shakeout Continues, Stay The Course! | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Bets Surge At Bookies Despite Cable Strength | ZeroHedge
- The SEC's Latest Investigative Tactic: Bar Hopping With Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- And Another Week Of Selling: "In 2016, Equity Funds Have Lost The Largest Ever Outflow For The Asset Class" | ZeroHedge
- Why the Brexit Vote Matters to US Investors | Financial Sense
- 10 People You Can Vote For In 2016 Not Named Trump Or Clinton | ZeroHedge
- All Eyes On Yellen: Global Markets Flat On Dreadful Volumes, Oil Slides | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why food tastes different on an airplane | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- The world in photos this week | Business Insider
- This crazy live-action video game trailer looks like something out of a sci-fi... | Business Insider
- This is about to be the best reason to switch from iPhone to Android (GOOG) | Business Insider
- There will be 34 billion IoT devices installed on Earth... | Business Insider
- The 12 most infamous hackers of all time | Business Insider