Dow 15,000: Will Stocks Keep Going Up?
The Talking Heads are all over this one. The consensus is that the Dow Jones along with U.S. stocks will continue to head higher. Thus the Dow Jones at 15,000 is not the end for 2013. We expect more and it's likely we will get it.
Tony Dwyer of Canaccord Genuity (CF) has the most bullish estimate of all major Wall Street equity strategists, with a 1760 yearend target on the S&P 500.
Birinyi Associates, an independent shop, was among the first to advise getting into U.S. equities before they reached their low a little more than four years ago. With its prediction that the S&P 500 would hit 1600 already successful, the firm now thinks the index could ascend to 1900.
Bill Berger in a 1995 speech at a Society of American Business Editors and Writers conference in Boston, and it was almost as laughable then — with the Dow at 4,500 — as it seems now, when it stands more than 100,000 points into the Dow’s future.
There’s a decent chance the Dow hits 116,200 before 2050.
MAGIC 8-BALL HELP US
Now the moment of truth. You will have to ask the question yourself then find your answer. What that you say Magic 8-Ball, how high will stocks go?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PUTIN, NORTH KOREA, OIL...HAPPY HOLIDAYS | ZeroHedge
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
- Viewing Russia From the Inside | Financial Sense
- The Stuff Is Already Hitting the Fan in the Currency Markets | ZeroHedge
- World Awaits Russian Response As Obama Makes "Lethal Aid" To Ukraine Legal | ZeroHedge
- New York Governor Cuomo Does Saudi Bidding, Bans Fracking In NY State | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Steel’s Turnaround Could Get Scrapped in a Down Market | TheStreet.com
- Here Are All The Major Crises Russia Has Seen Over The Last 150 Years | Business Insider
- LEAKED: Here's Your First Look At Sony's Colorful New Android Phone... | Business Insider
- How To Make Bulletproof Coffee With Butter For More Energy | Business Insider
- Hackers May Have Planted Their 'Time Bomb' Inside Sony Months Ago... | Business Insider
- Economy Can Handle Higher Interest Rates, but Fed Distracts | TheStreet.com
- Check Out The Epic Mansion Minecraft's Creator Just Bought... | Business Insider