Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump's Comments Send the Dollar Reeling | Financial Sense
- Georges Soros Slams "Would Be Dictator" Trump: "He Is Going To Fail" | ZeroHedge
- "Get Paid Fighting Against Trump" - Ads Across American Cities Reportedly Offer Money To Inauguration Agitators | ZeroHedge
- Initial Claims Crash To 44 Year Lows But Over 700,000 More People Are On Jobless Benefits Since Trump Was Elected | ZeroHedge
- The End Of The Obama World Order | ZeroHedge
- Suppressors - The First Battle In The New Push For Gun Rights | ZeroHedge
- The 2017 Outlook: Shifting Regimes | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Self-driving robots will start making deliveries for Postmates and DoorDash in select US cities | Business Insider
- Judge rules that the US must release photos from Abu... | Business Insider
- How drones will change the world in the next 5 years | Business Insider
- Netflix thinks HBO will soon let you binge-watch entire shows... | Business Insider
- Trump adviser Scaramucci nails the problem with the economy — and suggests it will... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank is scrapping bonuses for senior employees... | Business Insider
- Pulse nightclub shooter's... | Business Insider