Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Future Of America? – More Than Half Of All Adults Under-30 Now Reject Capitalism | ZeroHedge
- The Most Expensive Cities To Live In Across The Globe | ZeroHedge
- The Oligarchy Is Tottering - Trump Tramples The Neocons' "False Song Of Globalism" | ZeroHedge
- NIRP Has Officially Arrived: Interactive Brokers Starts Charging 0.25% On Yen Cash Balances | ZeroHedge
- 8th Year Presidential Cycle Predicts Trouble for the Rest of 2016 | Financial Sense
- Head Of Deutsche Bank "Integrity Committee" Fired Due To "Overzealousness" | ZeroHedge
- Why 'Good' Jobs Matter (In 1 Recovery-Crushing Chart) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- John Kerry urges Bangladesh to investigate the killing of a gay-rights... | Business Insider
- A college admitted that spending $17,500 on a table may... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger just destroyed Valeant at Berkshire's annual... | Business Insider
- These are the alcohols that should be refrigerated — and why | Business Insider
- Donald Trump, Mark Cuban, and 13 other successful people share some of their... | Business Insider
- ISIS hackers are completely disorganized and... | Business Insider
- Hundreds of US cops will attend a... | Business Insider