Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar Pares Initial Gains, French Government Implodes | Financial Sense
- Here’s Why Women Feel Underemployed (Hint: It’s All in the Major) | Financial Sense
- Double Whammy China PMI Misses Spark Sell-Side Demands For More Stimulus | ZeroHedge
- A-D Line Foretells Job Openings | Financial Sense
- Japanese Household Spending Slumps 5.9%; Cries for More Monetary Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Q2 GDP Revised Upward | Financial Sense
- U.S. Dominates Globe in Biofuel Production | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Six dead in Paris suburb building explosion | Business Insider
- Ukraine Soldiers Are Battling Russian Tanks In... | Business Insider
- NYC Politicians Slam Ted Cruz For Bashing The Bronx | Business Insider
- A Huge Change In The Fed's Forward Guidance Could Be Coming In September (DIA, SPY,... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap... | StreetInsider.com
- STEPHEN ROACH: The Current Speed Of Global Growth Comes With A Major... | Business Insider
- Man Accused Of Leaking Naked Celebrity iCloud... | Business Insider