Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Prescription Pain-Killers: "Far Riskier" Than Gun Ownership | ZeroHedge
- BlackLiesMatter - Activist Group Leader Arrested For Sex Trafficking, Blames "Conservative Trolls" | ZeroHedge
- Inconvenient Truth-er Gore Refuses To Endorse 'Lying' Hillary | ZeroHedge
- The "Doom Loop Is Coming Back" - Deutsche Bank Sees "No Further Upside For European Stocks" | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: Much Ado About Restrooms | ZeroHedge
- When the Price Is Right You Buy (And You Win)… | Altucher Confidential
- Delinquency Rates Surge in 2016, Poised to Head Higher | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s what Goldman Sachs expects you to know when you interview with them | Business Insider
- I’ve been sleeping on the perfect sheets for the spring and summer, and I’ve... | Business Insider
- Manchester United has sacked Louis van Gaal | Business Insider
- 14 stunning aerial photos of beaches around the world | Business Insider
- This incredible new device can print metal in midair | Business Insider
- The answer to treating drug and alcohol... | Business Insider
- These will be the up-and-coming neighborhoods in 30 major US cities in 2016 | Business Insider