Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is What Hillary Told Wall Street Behind Closed Doors | ZeroHedge
- You Get What You Deserve | ZeroHedge
- The Mechanics Of NIRP: How The Fed Will Bring Negative Rates To The U.S. | ZeroHedge
- And Now "Some Important News About JPMorgan's New Cash Policies" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Surges Back Into The Green After $1.2 Billion Morning Plunge | ZeroHedge
- What Kind of Power Will China Become? | Financial Sense
- Global Liquidity Continues to Contract | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 11 best moments from the 'trial of the century' everybody is obsessed... | Business Insider
- There's a wonderful hidden 'Indiana Jones' reference in 'Star Wars: The... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- Wall Street already has a trade of the year | Business Insider
- Mexico's oil industry now has an organized-crime problem | Business Insider
- 9 fiendishly clever alarms guaranteed to get you up in the... | Business Insider
- The fascinating and terrible things that would happen to you if you tried to fly on... | Business Insider