Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama Administration Bullies Allies Over Iran Nuke Deal Dissent | ZeroHedge
- Beyond Iran And Pakistan: 7 Nuclear Wannabes | ZeroHedge
- China Hard Landing: Blame The Smog | ZeroHedge
- Putin Says Attempts To Tip Nuclear Balance Don't Scare Russia, Moscow Will Uncover "Schemes" | ZeroHedge
- Explaining The Latest War In The Middle East With One Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- CSX Cuts Outlook Despite CEO Saying "Expects No Impact From Low Oil Prices" | ZeroHedge
- Another Oligarch Preaches To The Peasants: Charlie Munger Says "Prepare For Harder World" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 12 surprising downsides of getting rich | Business Insider
- YouTube stars Dan & Phil created an over-the-top video to announce their... | Business Insider
- 11 awesome Starbucks secret menu Frappuccinos | Business Insider
- STOCKS SLIP: Here's what you need to know (SPX, IXIC, DJI, LULU, USO, OIL, IBB, HXB, ITB) | Business Insider
- Fed mulls interest rate hike 'this year': Yellen | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Hillary Clinton deleted everything on her email server | Business Insider