Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I Bought The $HABT | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap November 25, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Housing Data Broadly Mixed | Financial Sense
- Dr. Gary Small on "The Alzheimer's Prevention Program" | Financial Sense
- JuSTiCe AMeRiCaN STYLe... | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- The Real Reason Why The Swiss National Bank Hates The Gold Referendum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Messi breaks record, Suarez breaks duck | Business Insider
- You Can Get One Of The Best Android Phones In The World Basically For Free... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: GDP... | StreetInsider.com
- Grocery Wars: Can AmazonFresh Grab a Place at the Nation's Table? | TheStreet.com
- These Are The Deeply Weird Cars That Defined Soviet Russia | Business Insider
- Phillip Hughes dies from injuries: Cricket Australia | Business Insider
- Here Are Some Of The Crazy Things Best Buy Does To Prepare For Black Friday | Business Insider