Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 47% of Chinese Billionaires Want to Leave China Within 5 Years | Financial Sense
- When War Erupts Patriots Will Be Accused Of Aiding "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Better Days Ahead | Financial Sense
- Can the Economy Withstand Another Housing Breakdown? | Financial Sense
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Bond Risk Rises As Catalan Referendum "Dialog" Heats Up | ZeroHedge
- Classic Comedy Clown Show | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- YouTube Is Paying Millions To Keep Its Biggest Stars On... | Business Insider
- Oracle's New Co-CEO, Mark Hurd (ORCL) | Business Insider
- The Psychology Behind Why People Wait In Hours-Long Lines For... | Business Insider
- Oracle Reports Another Miss On Earnings And Says CEO Larry Ellison Is Stepping Down (ORCL... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Cops Are Using Power Tools To Break Up And Arrest Immigration Protesters In... | Business Insider
- 4 Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher Into Breakout Territory | TheStreet.com