Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia’s Plans for Arctic Supremacy | Financial Sense
- Q4 Earnings Shaping Up Weakly | Financial Sense
- Blowout Victory For Syriza In Greek Elections: Live Webcasts | ZeroHedge
- The End of the Bull Market? | Financial Sense
- "Oil Drillers Are Going To Die" In Q2, Conway Mackenzie Warns "Expect Outright Liquidations" | ZeroHedge
- "Out Of My Face Please" - Why Are US Soldiers In Mariupol? | ZeroHedge
- With Syriza Leading By 7 Points, Greek Incumbents Fear-Monger Looming "Toilet-Paper-Run" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wenger warns FA Cup favourites Arsenal | Business Insider
- Sizzling Serena joins sister Venus in Australian Open... | Business Insider
- Plunging prices threaten UK's 'cash cow' oil... | Business Insider
- Radical Leftists Are About To Take Control Of Greece | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek