Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The 'Goldilocks' Warning | ZeroHedge
- Energy on the Edge: Understanding the Challenge | Financial Sense
- The IMF Confirms Yuan Inclusion In SDR Basket At 10.92% Weight, Above JPY And GBP | ZeroHedge
- US Intervention: Before And After | ZeroHedge
- Larry Lindsey Crushes Steve Liesman's Dreams, "The Foolish Fed's Bubble Policy Always Ends Badly" | ZeroHedge
- Market Panics After Arrest Of Brazilian Lawmaker: "Never Have We Had So Little Certainty About Tomorrow" | ZeroHedge
- Number Of Millennials Living In Parents' Basement Climbs (Again); Weddings Blamed (Again) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama urges lower tensions between Russia, Turkey | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- The stunning way the White House and reporters first reacted to the AIDS crisis... | Business Insider
- Here's what happens to your body when you eat junk food for 5 days | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (AMZN,... | Business Insider
- The Browns lost to the Ravens in the most heart-breaking way... | Business Insider
- Red-hot Ashwin looks to compound South Africa agony | Business Insider