Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pentagon Slams Israel's "Unacceptable" Shelling Of UN Shelters As "Totally Indefensible" | ZeroHedge
- All Major US Equity Indices Are Now Down Since MH17 Crashed | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Watch: July Challenger Job Layoffs Surge Most In Over 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Yuan Surges & Stocks Jump To 2014 Highs After PBOC Unleashes QE | ZeroHedge
- Silver Eagle Bullion Coins Reach 26 Million For 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Previewing Tomorrow's 'Anti-Goldilocks' Payrolls Data | ZeroHedge
- Thursday Humor: The Fed Is Hiring | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LIVE: Argentina Is On The Brink Of Default | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's... | StreetInsider.com
- Here’s Why Hiring Managers Should Stop Looking At Resumes | Business Insider
- Charles Barkley Says There Are Only 5 Real Jobs In The World, Explains Why We Should Never... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- These Reports Signal The Beginning Of The End For ISIS In Iraq | Business Insider
- Everyone Is Mocking One Quote From Argentina's Economy Minister | Business Insider