Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Ten Plagues That Are Hitting America Right Now | ZeroHedge
- BitLicense Part 1 - Benjamin Lawsky's Attempt to Single-Handedly Drive the US Economy Back into the Dark Ages | ZeroHedge
- There Will Be No Warning When the Next Crisis Hits | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Hates Science | iBankCoin.com
- Here Is How Amazon's Ugliest Quarter In Years Looked Like In Six Charts | ZeroHedge
- Food Inflation Watch: California Farmers' Water Costs Surge 700% After Government Cuts Supply | ZeroHedge
- Euro Eases to New 2014 Lows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Qatar's Purchase Of Billions Of US Weaponry — And Support For Hamas — Shows How... | Business Insider
- S&P 500 AT ALL-TIME HIGH (SPX, SPY, QQQ, DIA, PBYI, DOW, PEP, BA, BIIB) | Business Insider
- There's A Massive Opportunity In Peer-To-Peer... | Business Insider
- Barry Silbert Steps Down As SecondMarket CEO | Business Insider
- ROSENBERG: Bull Markets Don't End After The First Rate Hike | Business Insider
- A San Francisco Startup Has Plans To Blow Up The Egg Industry | Business Insider
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Is Easily One Of The... | Business Insider