Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is This The Sound Of The Bottom Falling Out Of The Auto Industry? | ZeroHedge
- The Debt Ceiling and the Skinny Budget | Financial Sense
- Conservative Students "Violently Threatened" At Lutheran College | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of America Enters Correction - Drops Over 10% From Trump-Speech Highs | ZeroHedge
- Marfa Update: Road tripping and Project Mayhem homework assignment | ZeroHedge
- Davos For Democrats: DNC Mega Donors Meet At Mandarin Oriental Hotel To Plot "The Resistance" | ZeroHedge
- French Elections: Populist Revolution Or Status Quo? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The world's deepest oil well is over 40,000 feet deep | Business Insider
- Lockheed Martin CEO: Trump 'absolutely' helped cut F-35's cost | Business Insider
- Comey: The Russians 'were unusually loud in... | Business Insider
- Millennials are skipping doctor visits to avoid high healthcare costs, study... | Business Insider
- Former Obama Homeland Security chief says some of Trump's anti-terrorism efforts may be... | Business Insider
- Facebook may unveil new hardware in April (FB) | Business Insider
- Apple's new iPhone cases make me wish I had an iPhone 7 (AAPL) | Business Insider