Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Warning Signs" & The Fed's Grand Illusion | ZeroHedge
- Google Vs The Entire Newspaper Industry: And The Winner Is... | ZeroHedge
- Why The Market Kept Breaking Yesterday | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Surprises Market With Supply Cut Announcement, Oil Jumps | ZeroHedge
- The Canadian Patriot Act Arrives: Ottawa To Give Security Agencies More "Detention And Surveillance" Powers | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Tenants Wake Up To The Horror Of A Wall Street Landlord | ZeroHedge
- NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Use These Tips To Be Happier At Work | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- 10 Real Wall Street Stories That Should Be Movies | Business Insider
- Why A Feminist Professor Is Teaching An Entire Class About Beyoncé | Business Insider
- Jack Bogle on Warren Buffett, Bill Gross and How to Invest in a Volatile Market | TheStreet.com
- Woman Quarantined In New Jersey Tests Negative For Ebola | Business Insider
- THE EUROPEAN CHESSBOARD: Here's A Map Of The Confrontation Between Russia... | Business Insider