Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Casinos Hoping for a Playable Hand | iBankCoin.com
- Trade Ideas For Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- Why the Fed Is So Wimpy | Financial Sense
- Five Stocks Cooking Well Today | iBankCoin.com
- Eurozone Inflation Drops To Fresh 5 Year Low, EURUSD Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- "Smarter People Get That Respectable People Have To Run The System" | ZeroHedge
- Future Bull | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Now There Are Only Nine US Restaurants With Three Michelin Stars | Business Insider
- iPhone 5C 'Defied Convention' In... | Business Insider
- This Fascinating Chart Shows Why Flu Season Could Be Especially Bad This Year | Business Insider
- Hong Kong protests hit China's National Day: Live Report... | Business Insider
- Secret Service 'Checking Into' Report Armed Man Was Allowed On... | Business Insider
- Consumer Confidence Disappoints (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM) | Business Insider
- Here Are 20 Stocks That Could Buck the Odds and Do Well in October | TheStreet.com