Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Gap Betweeen GAAP And Non-GAAP In Two Charts | ZeroHedge
- BACK IN HELL | iBankCoin.com
- 302 Reasons To Jump Ship | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn: "We Are Witnessing Our Second Tech Bubble In 15 Years" - Full Letter | ZeroHedge
- War Makes Us Poor | ZeroHedge
- The Adaptive Genius of Rigged Markets | Financial Sense
- 5 Reasons for a Q2 Decline in U.S. Interest Rates | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ducati Has Made An Airbag Jacket For Motorcycle Riders | Business Insider
- Tim Cook Had A Really Interesting Answer For Why iPad Sales Appear To Be Stalling | Business Insider
- A Group Of Athletes Created Jeans You Can Actually Move Around In | Business Insider
- One Stunning Stat That Shows How Nike Changed The Shoe Industry Forever | Business Insider
- Australia To Buy 58 More F-35 Fighter Jets For $11.6 Billion | Business Insider
- Britain Scrambles Jets After Two Russian Military Planes Approach Its Airspace | Business Insider
- These 6 GIFs Show How Drastically Planet Earth Is Changing | Business Insider