Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WA Goes After Pre-Crime: Gun Confiscation Proposed For Those "Likely To Commit Violence In The Near Future" | ZeroHedge
- "America Is On Our Side": Al-Nusra Commander Tells German Press US Is Arming Jihadists | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Explains Why Central Banks Are Stuck | ZeroHedge
- "Foot-In-Mouth" Trump Vs. "Frog-In-Throat" Clinton: First Presidential Debate Begins - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- Why I Once Bought A House… | Altucher Confidential
- Billionaire Capital Turns Into Ghost Town: "Home Contracts Down 80%", Trophy-Cars Pile Up In Showrooms | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill O'Reilly is not pleased with accommodations at the first presidential debate... | Business Insider
- These former Apple engineers are building a whole bunch of cool car tech — here's their... | Business Insider
- Adele's album '25' was just certified diamond for selling more... | Business Insider
- Mercedes just unveiled a stunning private plane design with 5 separate rooms | Business Insider
- Cartels are using these 'narco-submarines' to move tens of thousands of pounds of... | Business Insider
- Washington mall shooting suspect confesses to... | Business Insider
- Native ads will drive 74% of all ad revenue by 2021 | Business Insider