Buy Aloca near the Bottom?
Alcoa Inc's (AA) latest earnings call did not impress the Street and as a result its stock price was crushed. Alcoa shares have been cut in half since April and its now 2% away from its 52-week low.
The company reported a loss in Q2 2012 of $2 million. That's a bad deal when compared to their stellar Q1 2012 results of $322 million in profit. Alcoa blamed its problems on lower aluminum prices -- same ol' song.
Alcoa said that aluminum prices dropped 18% year-over-year and 4% in the Q2, its ugly. Simply put -- Investing in Alcoa is a gamble on when will the price aluminum finally tick higher.
Alcoa did reiterate its 2012 guidance that that aluminum demand will grow by 7% globally. The company also continues to expect that there will be a deficit in global aluminum supply in 2012.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Alcoa is in the dumps now, but for how long? Mastery likes the low share price and 1.4% annual dividend yield. It provides some comfort while we wait for better aluminum prices. Should this stock hit a new 12 month low, its a buy.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A "Soft Coup" Attempt: Furious Trump Slams "Secret" CIA Report Russia Helped Him Win | ZeroHedge
- Populist Doom Aimed at Trump? | ZeroHedge
- Top Hedge Funds Predict How It All Will End | ZeroHedge
- With 65% of ATMs Nonoperational, Goldman Warns India Is "Returning To Barter System" | ZeroHedge
- City Of Chicago Working Around Clock To Clear 18 Inches Of Bullet Casings From Streets | ZeroHedge
- How to Trigger a Silver Avalanche with a Pebble: : “Smash(ed) it Good” | ZeroHedge
- Irexit: Ireland May Have to Consider Leaving the EU | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 8 mistakes that make great employees leave | Business Insider
- Some colleges are refusing to call themselves 'sanctuary... | Business Insider
- 'They're just wrong': A financial expert fires back at... | Business Insider
- How a Chinese power couple created a fast-food chain that's 3 times more profitable... | Business Insider
- What's... | Business Insider
- This college student built a $15,000 tiny home instead of living in a... | Business Insider
- Mexican defense minister: It's 'unnatural' to send the military... | Business Insider