Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- The Ultimate Cheat Sheet For Investing All of Your Money | Altucher Confidential
- The Earnings Parade Accelerates | Financial Sense
- Get Ready for Europe to Print – Core Euro CPI Annual Rate Matches Multi-Decade Low | Financial Sense
- The Crowd Mine | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Investors Are "Whistling Past The Graveyard" Over Global Geopolitics | ZeroHedge
- BoToX ACTiViSM... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 Awesome Starbucks Menu Items You Can't Get In America | Business Insider
- The Average Bank Regulator Makes More Money Than The Average Banker | Business Insider
- Stephen Colbert Reads Top 10 List He Wrote For David Letterman 17... | Business Insider
- 9 Animated Maps That Will Change The Way You See The World | Business Insider
- Despite A Legal Tussle With EMC, Startup Pure Storage Raises $225 Million At A $3... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com