Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Is Spiking – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- The Volatility Regime Has Flipped | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Most Distressing Chart: For Banks 2016 Is Already Worse Than 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Banking On A Bounce? Jamie Dimon Vs The Credit Market | ZeroHedge
- Retail Sales Beat Expectations, Control Group Rises Most Since May Delaying "Fed Relent" | ZeroHedge
- The Chinese Yuan Countdown Is On | ZeroHedge
- The 8 Principles Of The Newer Normal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Israeli Air Force to buy US refueling jets | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to jump three years forward in headphone... | Business Insider
- Mets pitcher permanently suspended after failing 3 performance-enhancing drug... | Business Insider
- Retail sales rise more than expected (USD) | Business Insider
- Immigrants arrested in US raids say they were misled by... | Business Insider
- Harvard is one step closer to offering free tuition | Business Insider
- This CEO... | Business Insider