Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Americans - The New Second-Class Citizens | ZeroHedge
- Precious Metals: Fake-Rally Ends, Hostage Markets Return | ZeroHedge
- Detroit, Fresh Out Of Bankruptcy, Discovers $195M Pension Shortfall | ZeroHedge
- Rising prices of raisins - The real effect of rampant inflation and FX | ZeroHedge
- Can Oil Prices Hold Onto Gains at $50 Per Barrel? | Financial Sense
- WTI Crude Tops $50 For First Time Since October Amid Supply Disruptions | ZeroHedge
- Cuddling and Egg McMuffins Show Economic Slowdown Underway | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Taliban have appointed a new leader | Business Insider
- Loyalty and rewards programs are going out of style | Business Insider
- Here's where people are relocating in the US | Business Insider
- An honest mistake by Klay Thompson in his postgame press... | Business Insider
- How to handle things that terrify you, from a guy who... | Business Insider
- An energy crisis is brewing in the Caribbean | Business Insider
- The 10 highest-paid tech CEOs | Business Insider