Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China To The Rescue: Global Equity Market Rebound After Latest Chinese Easing | ZeroHedge
- The Changing World of Work: The “Signal” Value of Credentials Is Eroding | Financial Sense
- Interview With Marc Chandler: Still in Early Stages of Dollar Rally | Financial Sense
- This Technical Signaled The Last Two Market Crashes And It Just Happened | ZeroHedge
- Charts For Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Has the Dollar-Gold Correlation Broken Down? | Financial Sense
- Oil Slips On Saudi Record Production Promise, Specs Pile In But Blackstone Skeptical | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- IBM: We are KILLING it in our hottest, most important markets (IBM) | Business Insider
- A Baltimore man whose spine was partially severed while in police custody 'clung to... | Business Insider
- Mark Hamill found out the name of the new 'Star Wars'... | Business Insider
- This viral video from Microsoft on how girls feel about science is fantastic | Business Insider
- Contrary to popular belief, kids in America are way safer than they've been in... | Business Insider