Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Does Obama Need An Ice Bucket Challenge? | ZeroHedge
- The Stunning Charts Showing Just How Much Richer The Rich Have Gotten While The Poor Drown In Debt | ZeroHedge
- Yonder is Jackson Hole | iBankCoin.com
- Russia Releases Video Of Massive Army Drill To "Contain Armed Conflict In Imaginary State"; Schedules 2 More | ZeroHedge
- Dropping Oil Prices Threaten Moscow’s Budget | Financial Sense
- Chinese Fighter Crosses Within 30 Feet Of US P-8, White House Blasts "Provocative Action" | ZeroHedge
- An Organic Booyah to You | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How One Nonprofit Is Transforming Ex-Convicts And Former Drug... | Business Insider
- How Great Is It To Work At Twitter? This Hilarious Recruitment Video From 2012 Will... | Business Insider
- This Is The Heartbreaking ALS... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Is Draft Beer Better Than Bottled Beer? | Business Insider
- Unemployment In Europe Is A Disaster (DIA, SPX, SPY... | Business Insider
- 4 Stocks Under $10 to Trade for Breakouts | TheStreet.com