Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Service PMI Misses, Tumbles To 7-Month Lows, "Extreme Weather" Warning For GDP Issued | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Dr. Gary Small on "The Alzheimer's Prevention Program" | Financial Sense
- American Spring Night 2: Coast-To-Coast Protests, "We Have Every Right To Destroy A System That Seeks To Destroy Us" | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling on Interest Rates, Deleveraging, and Corporate Profits | Financial Sense
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
- Ferguson Fatality: Black Male In 20s Found Burned & Shot Dead In Trunk Of Car | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HP Earnings to Be Overshadowed by Split: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- 17 Shocking Photos That Show How Global Warming Is Everywhere | Business Insider
- Here's Proof Apple Is Exploring Virtual Reality (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Uber Will Be Valued At $40 Billion In New Round, Says Report | Business Insider
- Ferguson riots: Live Report | Business Insider
- It Looks Like Twitter's CFO Just Accidentally Tweeted A Private Message About... | Business Insider
- Here Are 50 Stocks Hedge Funds Are Shorting Like Crazy | Business Insider