Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SocGen Models A Chinese Hard-Landing; Sees The S&P Crashing 60% | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley Predicts Up To A 25% Collapse in Q3 FICC Revenue | ZeroHedge
- DuPont Stock Soars After CEO Quits And Company Slashes H2 EPS Guidance By Nearly 50% | ZeroHedge
- Gary Dorsch: “Hundreds of Billions” in Defaults if Commodity Crash Continues | Financial Sense
- The Bond Market Isn't Buying The Euphoria In These Ten Stocks | ZeroHedge
- How America's "Think Tanks" Are Compromised & Bought Off By Foreign Governments | ZeroHedge
- Silver & Crude Are Soaring | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Turkey says Russian warplane violated its airspace | Business Insider
- A look at efforts to legalize physician-assisted deaths | Business Insider
- Senators to ask US general about troop levels in... | Business Insider
- Abbas opposes 'escalation'... | Business Insider
- Here comes the trade balance ... (USD) | Business Insider
- Why Elon Musk doesn't want to live forever | Business Insider
- US government deports fewest immigrants in nearly a... | Business Insider