Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Too Simple" Energy-Economy Models Give Misleading Answers | ZeroHedge
- China Plans Military Exercise in South China Sea | Financial Sense
- Why Hillary Is Nervous: "More Leaks May Be Coming" | ZeroHedge
- It's All Generally Relative | Financial Sense
- Reagan Shooter John Hinckley Jr Released, Will Live With His Mother | ZeroHedge
- I Went to the Democratic National Convention… | Altucher Confidential
- Peak Hubris | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sigourney Weaver is working on a new 'Alien' movie and it sounds amazing | Business Insider
- How to figure out if you're financially on track | Business Insider
- Here's how nightmarish humans would look if our bodies were designed to... | Business Insider
- A professor is working with NASA to 3D print houses on the moon — here’s... | Business Insider
- If you want to get a bigger salary and expand your skill set, this is the coding class you should... | Business Insider
- This toy makes us think the Joker may be dressing up as Batman in 'Suicide Squad... | Business Insider
- Aroldis Chapman's fastball is unmatched in Major League Baseball | Business Insider