Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- High Frequency Robber Barrons | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: The Moment Mario Draghi Gets Heckled, "You're Biased..." | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 5 | ZeroHedge
- Peak Bull | ZeroHedge
- One Last Look At The Real Economy Before It Implodes - Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: DashCam Footage Captures Nemtsov Murder Scene | ZeroHedge
- ADP Stronger, but Still Weak | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple won't look the same after Monday's Apple... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: Banks Ace Stress Test;... | StreetInsider.com
- Meet the woman who is defending Boston bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Men more narcissistic than women: study | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- You'll be able to use the Apple Watch's box as a charger for some models (AAPL) | Business Insider