Which Stocks do have AAA Credit Ratings? (MSFT, JNJ, XOM)
Now that the U.S. Government has lost its Triple-A credit rating, investors are thinking "which companies can I own that do have a AAA rating?". Fellow Masters the top dogs that do maintain a better credit rating than the U.S. Government are Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).
Forget Uncle Sam, I put my faith in the AAA U.S. Corporation, with liberty and justice for all.
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
AOL's DailyFinance beat us to the story, so here's what they have to say -- We've had a wild few weeks leading up to a big debt-ceiling deal, which some have hailed as a historic compromise, and others as a "Satan sandwich." The threat that major credit rating agencies might downgrade the United States of America from its top rating of AAA to something less perfect lent extra urgency to the negotiations.
While two of the main agencies have left our rating unchanged, the S&P did indeed demote it, despite the debt deal. That means there are now four companies whose AAA status leaves them rated higher than the U.S. government.
The cream of the crop
There are 500 large companies in the S&P 500, and more than 8,000 stock securities that trade on the NYSE Arca platform, including Nasdaq-listed stocks. Out of all that, only Johnson & Johnson (NYS: JNJ) , Microsoft (NAS: MSFT) , Automatic Data Processing, and ExxonMobil (NYS: XOM) hold the top credit rating! What makes them so special?
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/mQRUIj
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Ratings Industry Is A Stupid Place | iBankCoin.com
- Putin Says Russia Will Respond To NATO Moves, Accuses Kiev Of Plunging Ukraine Into "Abyss" | ZeroHedge
- India’s Nuclear Energy Future at Risk in Elections | Financial Sense
- ROFL NATO! | ZeroHedge
- HFT Firm CEO Seeks Taxpayer Dollars To Save His Hockey Team | ZeroHedge
- US to Foreign Officials: Stop buying Treasuries | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How One Man's Simple Vision Produced Some Of The Most Beautiful Cars Ever Made | Business Insider
- Markets Aren't Doing Much | Business Insider
- Yahoo Co-Founder Nominated To Company's Board After 18-Year Absence | Business Insider
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: NeoStem, Gilead and the Importance of Big-Cap Biotech Earnings | TheStreet.com
- Southwest Flight Attendant Gives The Best Safety Speech We've... | Business Insider
- JOBLESS CLAIMS FALL TO ITS LOWEST LEVEL SINCE OCTOBER 2007 | Business Insider
- 27-Year-Old Soldier To Receive Medal Of Honor For Heroics During Hellish 16-Hour Afghan Battle... | Business Insider