Apple Loses $22B: What Could that Buy?
It was one of the worst days ever for Apple Inc. (AAPL) shareholders. Steve Jobs would not be pleased. Apple's market cap shaved off $22 billion, that's double Netflix's(NFLX) value. Since Apple's 52-week high of $705 its market cap has lost $283 billion. Keep in mind Google's (GOOG) market cap is $257 billion. What else could that lost money have bought?
Let's just stick to today's one day total of Apple losing $22 billion. Get ready to charge it.
World's Most Expensive Yacht - $4.8 billion
(celebritynetworth.com)The most expensive yacht in the world is the $4.8 billion, gold plated, History Supreme that was built for a one very wealthy and very anonymous Malaysian multi-multi-billionaire. The History Supreme is a 100 foot yacht that is adorned with 100 thousand kilograms (220,000 pounds) of solid gold and platinum. It also features some of the rarest and most un-obtainable decorations found in the universe. The History Supreme was built by UK based Start Hughes and Company and took over three years to complete.
Most Expensive Movies ever made No1. through No. 39. - $3.7 billion
1) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End in 2007 for $300 million
4) John Carter in 2012 for $250 million (quite possibly the worst movie ever made)
6) Avatar in 2009 in $237 million
39) Waterworld in 1995 for $172 million (the largest at the time and better than John Carter)
Top 100 Most Valuable Comics - $15.2 Million (we only listed until we hit the Hulk)
|Most Expensive Comic Books #1 thru #21
|Action Comics 1||$ 2,470,000.00|
|Detective Comics 27||$ 2,230,000.00|
|Superman 1||$ 538,000.00|
|Marvel Comics 1||$ 486,000.00|
|Amazing Fantasy 15||$ 407,000.00|
|Detective Comics 1||$ 403,000.00|
|Batman 1||$ 381,000.00|
|All-American Comics 16||$ 348,000.00|
|Action Comics 7||$ 304,000.00|
|Fantastic Four 1||$ 272,000.00|
|Captain America Comics 1||$ 266,000.00|
|Marvel Mystery Comics 128 Page Issue Variant Edition with Captain America #22 and Marvel Mystery Comics #41||$ 265,000.00|
|Detective Comics 29||$ 200,000.00|
|Flash Comics 1||$ 200,000.00|
|Archie Comics 1||$ 194,000.00|
|More Fun Comics 52||$ 185,000.00|
|Detective Comics 31||$ 177,000.00|
|New Fun Comics 1||$ 174,000.00|
|Adventure Comics 40||$ 172,000.00|
|Detective Comics 33||$ 159,000.00|
|Incredible Hulk, The 1||$ 154,000.00|
Net worth of both Jay-Z: $500 million Leonardo DiCaprio $400: $1 Billion
These guys are both loaded and have tons of cool shit. Wouldn't you love to be them? Of course you would.
Jigga who? Jigga what you looking at?
After all that crap you still have 12.3 billion to spend. You get the point. Today's one day drop for Apple was a ton of money.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar Consolidates Gains, Oil Steadies, Ruble Recovers | Financial Sense
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's Teenage Son Mugged Near Home | ZeroHedge
- $TWTR Chatter | iBankCoin.com
- Demographics - Why The Great Recession Started (And Won't End Anytime Soon) | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Surge Set To Continue: Hedge Funds Most Short The 10-Year In Three Years | ZeroHedge
- NYC Mayor de Blasio Slams Reporters For "Enabling" Racial Hatred | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Katie Couric Repeated A Myth About US Petroleum Exports | Business Insider
- Here's What London Bankers' Year-End Bonuses Will Look Like Before The New... | Business Insider
- Madonna speaks of 'crazy times' after songs leaked | Business Insider
- Crazy Image Shows What North America Would Look Like On Jupiter | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- In the dogfight over posh airline food, the sky's... | Business Insider
- The Fed Is Going To Be More Dovish In 2015 | Business Insider