Apple Loses $22B: What Could that Buy?
It was one of the worst days ever for Apple Inc. (AAPL) shareholders. Steve Jobs would not be pleased. Apple's market cap shaved off $22 billion, that's double Netflix's(NFLX) value. Since Apple's 52-week high of $705 its market cap has lost $283 billion. Keep in mind Google's (GOOG) market cap is $257 billion. What else could that lost money have bought?
Let's just stick to today's one day total of Apple losing $22 billion. Get ready to charge it.
World's Most Expensive Yacht - $4.8 billion
(celebritynetworth.com)The most expensive yacht in the world is the $4.8 billion, gold plated, History Supreme that was built for a one very wealthy and very anonymous Malaysian multi-multi-billionaire. The History Supreme is a 100 foot yacht that is adorned with 100 thousand kilograms (220,000 pounds) of solid gold and platinum. It also features some of the rarest and most un-obtainable decorations found in the universe. The History Supreme was built by UK based Start Hughes and Company and took over three years to complete.
Most Expensive Movies ever made No1. through No. 39. - $3.7 billion
1) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End in 2007 for $300 million
4) John Carter in 2012 for $250 million (quite possibly the worst movie ever made)
6) Avatar in 2009 in $237 million
39) Waterworld in 1995 for $172 million (the largest at the time and better than John Carter)
Top 100 Most Valuable Comics - $15.2 Million (we only listed until we hit the Hulk)
|Most Expensive Comic Books #1 thru #21
|Action Comics 1||$ 2,470,000.00|
|Detective Comics 27||$ 2,230,000.00|
|Superman 1||$ 538,000.00|
|Marvel Comics 1||$ 486,000.00|
|Amazing Fantasy 15||$ 407,000.00|
|Detective Comics 1||$ 403,000.00|
|Batman 1||$ 381,000.00|
|All-American Comics 16||$ 348,000.00|
|Action Comics 7||$ 304,000.00|
|Fantastic Four 1||$ 272,000.00|
|Captain America Comics 1||$ 266,000.00|
|Marvel Mystery Comics 128 Page Issue Variant Edition with Captain America #22 and Marvel Mystery Comics #41||$ 265,000.00|
|Detective Comics 29||$ 200,000.00|
|Flash Comics 1||$ 200,000.00|
|Archie Comics 1||$ 194,000.00|
|More Fun Comics 52||$ 185,000.00|
|Detective Comics 31||$ 177,000.00|
|New Fun Comics 1||$ 174,000.00|
|Adventure Comics 40||$ 172,000.00|
|Detective Comics 33||$ 159,000.00|
|Incredible Hulk, The 1||$ 154,000.00|
Net worth of both Jay-Z: $500 million Leonardo DiCaprio $400: $1 Billion
These guys are both loaded and have tons of cool shit. Wouldn't you love to be them? Of course you would.
Jigga who? Jigga what you looking at?
After all that crap you still have 12.3 billion to spend. You get the point. Today's one day drop for Apple was a ton of money.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt | Financial Sense
- Baltimore 'Freddie Gray' Demonstrations Turn Violent: Police Cars Smashed, Stores Looted, Multiple Arrests - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Why Am I Still In the Stock Market? | Financial Sense
- Half a Bubble Off Dead Center | Financial Sense
- Goldman Gets Cold Feet:"It Is Difficult To Predict How Negative The Market Reaction To Grexit Would Be" | ZeroHedge
- Gold, the SDR and BRICS | Financial Sense
- White House Admits Russian Hackers Read Obama's Unclassified Emails | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jay Z is accusing rival music streaming... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank to cut costs by 3.5 bn euros by 2020 | Business Insider
- Schmuacher Jnr claims maiden victory in Formula Four | Business Insider
- Capgemini to buy IGATE in $4 billion US expansion push | Business Insider
- Putin says 'no regrets' over Crimea annexation | Business Insider
- Baltimore police arrest 34 in violent protests: spokesman... | Business Insider
- HSBC should ditch London and Hong Kong is the '... | Business Insider