Apple Loses $22B: What Could that Buy?
It was one of the worst days ever for Apple Inc. (AAPL) shareholders. Steve Jobs would not be pleased. Apple's market cap shaved off $22 billion, that's double Netflix's(NFLX) value. Since Apple's 52-week high of $705 its market cap has lost $283 billion. Keep in mind Google's (GOOG) market cap is $257 billion. What else could that lost money have bought?
Let's just stick to today's one day total of Apple losing $22 billion. Get ready to charge it.
World's Most Expensive Yacht - $4.8 billion
(celebritynetworth.com)The most expensive yacht in the world is the $4.8 billion, gold plated, History Supreme that was built for a one very wealthy and very anonymous Malaysian multi-multi-billionaire. The History Supreme is a 100 foot yacht that is adorned with 100 thousand kilograms (220,000 pounds) of solid gold and platinum. It also features some of the rarest and most un-obtainable decorations found in the universe. The History Supreme was built by UK based Start Hughes and Company and took over three years to complete.
Most Expensive Movies ever made No1. through No. 39. - $3.7 billion
1) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End in 2007 for $300 million
4) John Carter in 2012 for $250 million (quite possibly the worst movie ever made)
6) Avatar in 2009 in $237 million
39) Waterworld in 1995 for $172 million (the largest at the time and better than John Carter)
Top 100 Most Valuable Comics - $15.2 Million (we only listed until we hit the Hulk)
|Most Expensive Comic Books #1 thru #21
|Action Comics 1||$ 2,470,000.00|
|Detective Comics 27||$ 2,230,000.00|
|Superman 1||$ 538,000.00|
|Marvel Comics 1||$ 486,000.00|
|Amazing Fantasy 15||$ 407,000.00|
|Detective Comics 1||$ 403,000.00|
|Batman 1||$ 381,000.00|
|All-American Comics 16||$ 348,000.00|
|Action Comics 7||$ 304,000.00|
|Fantastic Four 1||$ 272,000.00|
|Captain America Comics 1||$ 266,000.00|
|Marvel Mystery Comics 128 Page Issue Variant Edition with Captain America #22 and Marvel Mystery Comics #41||$ 265,000.00|
|Detective Comics 29||$ 200,000.00|
|Flash Comics 1||$ 200,000.00|
|Archie Comics 1||$ 194,000.00|
|More Fun Comics 52||$ 185,000.00|
|Detective Comics 31||$ 177,000.00|
|New Fun Comics 1||$ 174,000.00|
|Adventure Comics 40||$ 172,000.00|
|Detective Comics 33||$ 159,000.00|
|Incredible Hulk, The 1||$ 154,000.00|
Net worth of both Jay-Z: $500 million Leonardo DiCaprio $400: $1 Billion
These guys are both loaded and have tons of cool shit. Wouldn't you love to be them? Of course you would.
Jigga who? Jigga what you looking at?
After all that crap you still have 12.3 billion to spend. You get the point. Today's one day drop for Apple was a ton of money.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Inside the Market's Mind: Investment’s Hard Problem...and Why It Can’t Be [Quantitatively] Eased | Financial Sense
- Phantom Liquidity and Perfect Pilfering | Financial Sense
- The First Victims of the End of QE – Small Cap Stocks and Junk Bonds | Financial Sense
- My Bearish Scenario | iBankCoin.com
- Geopolitics and Markets | Financial Sense
- US Evacuates Libya Embassy Following Biggest Local Violence Since Gadhafi Ouster | ZeroHedge
- America's Lost Decade: Typical Household Wealth Has Plunged 36% Since 2003 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New York Times Editors Endorse Legal Marijuana, Complete With Trippy Animated Weed... | Business Insider
- Trading Radar for 07/25... | StreetInsider.com
- The Dirty Little Secret IMAX Doesn't Want You To Know | Business Insider
- New York Has A New 'Millionaire Lair' For The Hard-Partying Elite | Business Insider
- As Scary As The World Is Right Now, Here's Why It's Different... | Business Insider
- This Is What Makes Cisco CEO John Chambers Cry (And It's Not What You... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com