Apple Loses $22B: What Could that Buy?
It was one of the worst days ever for Apple Inc. (AAPL) shareholders. Steve Jobs would not be pleased. Apple's market cap shaved off $22 billion, that's double Netflix's(NFLX) value. Since Apple's 52-week high of $705 its market cap has lost $283 billion. Keep in mind Google's (GOOG) market cap is $257 billion. What else could that lost money have bought?
Let's just stick to today's one day total of Apple losing $22 billion. Get ready to charge it.
World's Most Expensive Yacht - $4.8 billion
(celebritynetworth.com)The most expensive yacht in the world is the $4.8 billion, gold plated, History Supreme that was built for a one very wealthy and very anonymous Malaysian multi-multi-billionaire. The History Supreme is a 100 foot yacht that is adorned with 100 thousand kilograms (220,000 pounds) of solid gold and platinum. It also features some of the rarest and most un-obtainable decorations found in the universe. The History Supreme was built by UK based Start Hughes and Company and took over three years to complete.
Most Expensive Movies ever made No1. through No. 39. - $3.7 billion
1) Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End in 2007 for $300 million
4) John Carter in 2012 for $250 million (quite possibly the worst movie ever made)
6) Avatar in 2009 in $237 million
39) Waterworld in 1995 for $172 million (the largest at the time and better than John Carter)
Top 100 Most Valuable Comics - $15.2 Million (we only listed until we hit the Hulk)
|Most Expensive Comic Books #1 thru #21
|Action Comics 1||$ 2,470,000.00|
|Detective Comics 27||$ 2,230,000.00|
|Superman 1||$ 538,000.00|
|Marvel Comics 1||$ 486,000.00|
|Amazing Fantasy 15||$ 407,000.00|
|Detective Comics 1||$ 403,000.00|
|Batman 1||$ 381,000.00|
|All-American Comics 16||$ 348,000.00|
|Action Comics 7||$ 304,000.00|
|Fantastic Four 1||$ 272,000.00|
|Captain America Comics 1||$ 266,000.00|
|Marvel Mystery Comics 128 Page Issue Variant Edition with Captain America #22 and Marvel Mystery Comics #41||$ 265,000.00|
|Detective Comics 29||$ 200,000.00|
|Flash Comics 1||$ 200,000.00|
|Archie Comics 1||$ 194,000.00|
|More Fun Comics 52||$ 185,000.00|
|Detective Comics 31||$ 177,000.00|
|New Fun Comics 1||$ 174,000.00|
|Adventure Comics 40||$ 172,000.00|
|Detective Comics 33||$ 159,000.00|
|Incredible Hulk, The 1||$ 154,000.00|
Net worth of both Jay-Z: $500 million Leonardo DiCaprio $400: $1 Billion
These guys are both loaded and have tons of cool shit. Wouldn't you love to be them? Of course you would.
Jigga who? Jigga what you looking at?
After all that crap you still have 12.3 billion to spend. You get the point. Today's one day drop for Apple was a ton of money.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bad News For Profit Margins As Philly Fed Prices-Received-Less-Paid Drops To 2012 Levels | ZeroHedge
- Yonder is Jackson Hole | iBankCoin.com
- In Iraq, the United States and Iran Align Against the Islamic State | Financial Sense
- PAY ATTENTION READERS: I CHALLENGE YOU (Van Damme Voice) | iBankCoin.com
- Wall Street's Take On Jackson Hole: "Yellen Was Not Dovish Enough" | ZeroHedge
- Russia Explains Why It Rushed Entry Of Humanitarian Convoy | ZeroHedge
- Looking at a Reco for the Boiler Rooms | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DRAGHI: 'We Stand Ready To Adjust Our Policy Stance Further' (DIA, SPX,... | Business Insider
- Yellen: US jobs market 'yet to fully recover' | Business Insider
- Unemployment In Europe Is A Disaster (DIA, SPX, SPY... | Business Insider
- Russia's 'Eurasian Union' Shows Putin's Nostalgia For The Soviet... | Business Insider
- New Study Reveals The Lingering Economic Devastation Left By Hurricanes | Business Insider
- The Field At The 49ers' New $1.3 Billion Stadium Is Already Being Replaced Because It Is... | Business Insider
- Why Salesforce.com's Marc Benioff Paid $390 Million For A Startup Valued At $... | Business Insider