Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Sunni Muslim Asks: Is "Radical Islam" The Problem Or Is "Islam" The Problem? | ZeroHedge
- Japan: Government Re-Evaluates Its Economic Calculations | Financial Sense
- Key Events In The Coming Extremely Busy Week | ZeroHedge
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Everything You Need to Know About The Debate - Event Details, Rules, Scandals... | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Caves To Pressure On Migrant Policy: "Germany Has Done Enough", As Support For AfD Hits All Time High | ZeroHedge
- Low Oil Prices Are Not The Reason Oil Companies Are Going Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- PRESENTING: The most important charts in the world from the brightest... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Meet Business Insider at Money20/20 | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- A company just... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Astronomers discovered what's hiding inside this... | Business Insider