Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Accuses Obama Of Leaking Flight Details To Turkey After Russia Releases Video Of S-400 SAM Deployment In Syria | ZeroHedge
- A Look At The Coming Collapse Of The European Union | ZeroHedge
- Another Data Point To Ignore - There Are The Most Distressed Bonds In 6 Years | ZeroHedge
- Russia Retaliates: Putin Reveals Sanctions Against Turkey | ZeroHedge
- Why China Hit The Panic Button On Metals Traders (In 1 Simple Copper Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Juncker Warns Euro Is Doomed, "Pointless" If Schengen Fails | ZeroHedge
- Oil Jobs Lost: 250,000 and Counting, Texas Likely to See Massive Layoffs Soon | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chicago man, 27, charged in fatal shooting of 9-year-old | Business Insider
- This guy combined photos of celebrities to create portraits of flawless... | Business Insider
- Protest over Chicago teen's shooting set for retail... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- 29 things you should never include on your résumé | Business Insider
- 33 books everyone should read before turning 30 | Business Insider
- How designers around the world photoshopped this model when they were told to... | Business Insider