Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Steve Keen: The Deliberate Blindness Of Our Central Planners | ZeroHedge
- Dan Wantrobski on Why We're Not at a Market Top; Corrections Still Buying Opportunities | Financial Sense
- Futures, Oil Slide As Surging Dollar Now Takes Window Dressing Stage | ZeroHedge
- The "Billionaire Hubs" - A Look At The Housing Habits Of The World's Ultra Richest People | ZeroHedge
- Flows Into European Equities Reaches Feverish Pitch, Consolidation Likely Ahead | Financial Sense
- Yellen's Speech: Labor Markets and Nonlinear Dynamics | Financial Sense
- The New Normal: Making Up Your Mind For You | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iraq forces retake government HQ in Tikrit from IS | Business Insider
- Read the moving letter director Paul Haggis sent Leah... | Business Insider
- This Miami billionaire could single-handedly bankroll Marco Rubio’s... | Business Insider
- Solar Impulse lands in China after 20-hour flight... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Harry Kane, the 21-year-old phenom who's destroying the Premier League, is the most hyped player in... | Business Insider