Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bonds Drop, Dollar Pops After Hotter-Than-Expected Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Grexit Lives As "Deluded" Forecasters Predict The Unpredictable | ZeroHedge
- Clash Of The Wealth Redistributing Titans: Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Which Is the Greater Threat to Investors – Inflation or Deflation? | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton Is Grooming A Former Goldman Banker To Become America's Next Treasury Secretary | ZeroHedge
- 2010 Contrarian Prediction of the Disastrous Consequences of ZIRP & Free Money Policy In the Banking System, Year 5 | ZeroHedge
- Is May 9 The Grexit Date? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Thousands march in Europe against US-EU free trade pact | Business Insider
- McDowell takes share of Heritage lead | Business Insider
- Millions of users of dating site Match.com are at risk of having their... | Business Insider
- The truth about the mysterious center of the universe | Business Insider
- Replica of French general's US independence ship... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Scientists have discovered how to keep captive stingrays from... | Business Insider