Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Day Data-Dependence Died: US Macro Has Longest-Winning Streak In History | ZeroHedge
- Gold Investment Slows, Soft Summer 'Risks $1300' But Bond Defaults 'Will Spike' as Japan, Eurozone Deny Fresh Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
- Maybe Putin Did It After All: Trail Emerges Linking DNC Email Hack To Russia | ZeroHedge
- For Those Who Slept Through The "Yen Rollercoaster", This Is What You Missed | ZeroHedge
- The Economics of the Saudi's "take-the-money-and-run" Strategy | ZeroHedge
- Marissa Mayer Blames “Gender-Charged” Reporting Of Yahoo | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 8 games coming out in August you need to know about | Business Insider
- The 4 little words you should always use when asking for a raise | Business Insider
- Bernie Sanders started a revolution he can no longer... | Business Insider
- AMC dropped the first trailer for the next season of 'The Walking Dead... | Business Insider
- This is the MacBook accessory that’ll make getting work done on your... | Business Insider
- More than 30 people were arrested at a chaotic Guns N' Roses... | Business Insider
- Michael Jordan releases strong statement on police-involved shootings and pledges 2... | Business Insider