Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Argentina Defaults | ZeroHedge
- Lifting the Gassy Stench | iBankCoin.com
- Create Your Own Argentine Default Swap For As Little As $5 & Watch It Outperform the Big Boys! | ZeroHedge
- Another Cliffhanger | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Open Weak - Lose All July Gains | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap July 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Payrolls Watch: July Challenger Job Layoffs Surge Most In Over 2 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Video Shows Isolated Amazonian Tribe's First... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Market Wrap: FOMC Tapers Further... | StreetInsider.com
- Argentina Finally Makes An Offer Worth Listening To | Business Insider
- This App Creates A Digital Village To Raise A Child | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, TWTR) | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek