Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Let This Be a Lesson to You | iBankCoin.com
- Is This Why Stocks Are Soaring? | ZeroHedge
- VIX Has Never Done This Before... Ever | ZeroHedge
- Ebola 2014 Is Mutating As Fast As Seasonal Flu | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Explains 'The Road To Recovery' In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
- First Swiss Gold Poll Shows Pro-Gold Side In Lead At 45% | ZeroHedge
- McDonalds Sales Plunge In Worst Month Since 2003 Following Dollar Meal "Sticker Shock" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 3 Biggest Takeaways From Apple's Strong Earnings Report | TheStreet.com
- Here Are The 4 Key Strategies We Need To Stop Ebola | Business Insider
- STOCKS SURGE: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, MCD, KO, TSCO, IBM,... | Business Insider
- Scientists Describe Their Work In Emoji And The Results Are Hilarious | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Michael Brown's Official Autopsy Reportedly Seems To... | Business Insider
- Kroger Is Suddenly Whole Foods' Biggest Threat | Business Insider