Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SKiLLeD LaBoR... | ZeroHedge
- Helicopter Janet, Mario and Mark - "Central Banks Should Give Money Directly To The People" | ZeroHedge
- The Fall Is Golden For Bullion Bulls | ZeroHedge
- The 'Wages-Fuel-Demand' Fallacy | ZeroHedge
- Leverage, Derivatives, And The Heresy Of Opposing The 'Status Quo Institutions' | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 1 | ZeroHedge
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Mobile Payments, Not A Bigger Screen,... | Business Insider
- Kenyan commandos on frontline of poaching war | Business Insider
- Family Dollar Takeover: The Ball Is in Dollar General’s Court | TheStreet.com
- 17 Business Etiquette Rules Every Professional Needs To Know | Business Insider
- It's No Coincidence -- Stocks and Auto Sales Are Both Frothy | TheStreet.com
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Apple Stock Is At An All-Time High Ahead Of iPhone 6 — Is It Heading... | Business Insider