Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: 10-Year GDP (Trump +6.9%, Hillary -2.6%), Wage Growth (Trump +5.4%, Hillary -2.1%) | Financial Sense
- Stocks Give Up Week's Gains At Open Following China Currency Carnage | ZeroHedge
- World Economy Wobbles As Deep-State-Shill Distracts | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: Filipino Police Run Over Anti-American Protesters As They Storm US Embassy | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in September | Financial Sense
- Did Hillary Expose Nuclear National Secret In Last Night's Debate? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A promising Hep C program seems to be working — and it could be a model for other... | Business Insider
- Facebook employees wanted to block Donald Trump for hate speech... | Business Insider
- Here's how a $50 drug ends up costing you $700 in America's... | Business Insider
- Poor ballot design is what's degrading our democracy | Business Insider
- Europe's lost Mars lander probably 'exploded on impact' — see the photos | Business Insider
- Mexico's bloodshed keeps getting worse — homicides hit a new high for... | Business Insider
- 44 iconic images of Barack Obama's tenure as president | Business Insider