Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NATO Ally Erdogan Says "Contraception Is Treason, Women Not Equal To Men, Muslims Must Multiply Descendants" | ZeroHedge
- What The Charts Say: Fatally Attracted To New Highs | ZeroHedge
- Here's Proof That The US Dollar Is Insanely Overvalued | ZeroHedge
- “Road Trains” Are Ready: Who Wins, and Who Loses? | Financial Sense
- Bill Kristol's Independent Pick To Take On "Roaring Jackass" Donald Trump Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Things Are Thriving In The "Modern Hooker Economy" | ZeroHedge
- Former Morgan Stanley Chief Asia Economist: "Don't Listen To The Ruling Elite, The World Economy Is In Real Trouble" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Twin brothers who turned a single house into nearly $8 million of property... | Business Insider
- 13 things to say when you get fired that you won't regret | Business Insider
- An ice age on Mars is ending — here's why that... | Business Insider
- This ridiculously simple product makes tangled earbuds a thing... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn's billionaire... | Business Insider
- The federal government has squashed merger activity this year | Business Insider
- Consumers value... | Business Insider