Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Adding Insult To Injury, South African Gold Mining Union Demands Up To 60% Wage Hikes | ZeroHedge
- What Inflation Means to You: Inside the Consumer Price Index | Financial Sense
- Fishing Out These Three Small Cap Plays Off Everyone’s Radar | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Decouple From “Risk-On” Indicators | Financial Sense
- Silver Plunges As Yen Stop Surge Triggers Margin Liquidation | ZeroHedge
- JGB Yields Spike in Spite of all the BOJ Bond Buying | Financial Sense
- Italy's New Government Approval Rating Plummets From 43% To 34% In Three Weeks, Protests Return | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Holocaust Documentary Details Bogus Town Set Up By Nazis And Run By Jews... | Business Insider
- What's Tough And Awesome About Being A Well-Known Couple In Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- Incredibly Bullish Trends Have Turned The Stock Market Into A Gambler's Paradise | Business Insider
- One Person In Florida Won Last Night's Gigantic Powerball Jackpot | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- The Economy Continues To Send A Ton Of Bearish Signals | Business Insider
- FELIX ZULAUF: Stocks Remind Me Of Gold And They Could See A 'Quick And Painful... | Business Insider