Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Third Bailout Generates New Political Division in Greece | Financial Sense
- The 2015 Untrustworthies Report - Why Social Security Could Be Bankrupt In 12 Years | ZeroHedge
- "Western Central Banks Have Set Us Up; You'll Hear The Printing Presses From Mars" | ZeroHedge
- NATO Member Busted Supporting ISIS … Now Declares War Against ISIS, But Instead Bombs Its Political Rival (the Main Force ... | ZeroHedge
- US Housing Market Heating Up | Financial Sense
- Will FTC Probe Of Largest For-Profit College Lead To Another Billion Dollar Taxpayer Bailout? | ZeroHedge
- Spinning Higher, As Scheduled | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US Special Operations... | Business Insider
- A CEO raised his company's minimum wage to $70,000 a year, and some... | Business Insider
- The top 10 pizza cities in America | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Pakistan's Japanese-dominated car market poised... | Business Insider
- Obama to unveil 'biggest step ever' in climate fight | Business Insider
- In 'Dukale's Dream,' Hugh Jackman tries to change the world — one coffee at a time... | Business Insider