Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 5 Things To Ponder: Everybody's Got One | ZeroHedge
- Be Careful For What You Ask For | iBankCoin.com
- These Are The 50 Top Hedge Fund Long And Short Positions | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- Cold War 2.0: Visualizing All Recent "Close Encounters" Between Russian And NATO Warplanes | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
- ‘Titanic’ Global Economy May “Collapse” Warn HSBC - Gold Is Lifeboat | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cedenio dominates Merritt at Ponce Grand Prix | Business Insider
- 18 essential items for the closet of the modern gentleman | Business Insider
- GM could be held criminally... | Business Insider
- Indonesia begins search for migrant boats | Business Insider
- Here’s what happened when a young attractive couple was given a makeover to see what... | Business Insider
- Ireland awaits count in historic gay marriage vote | Business Insider
- Senate blocks bill that would end US bulk data dragnet | Business Insider