Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: December 18 | ZeroHedge
- Red Flags in Russia | Financial Sense
- Gold Imports ‘Phenomenal’ In India - 571 Percent Surge To 150 Tonnes in November | ZeroHedge
- Obama To Sign Off On Lethal US Aid To Ukraine By End Of Week, Russian Response To Follow | ZeroHedge
- New York Governor Cuomo Does Saudi Bidding, Bans Fracking In NY State | ZeroHedge
- "A Couple Means Two" - Why This Is Important | ZeroHedge
- Small Nibbles, Just in Case | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- 10 Secret Features Hidden In Your Mac (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Oops! (USO) | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- NASA Mars Rover Has Found Organic Molecules In Martian Soil For... | Business Insider
- NICE BIG DROP IN JOBLESS CLAIMS (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider