Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 71% of Americans Think the Economy is “Rigged” … They’re RIGHT | ZeroHedge
- No June Swoon, Bye Bye in July? | Financial Sense
- The Italian Job: "How Did Things Go So Bad?" | ZeroHedge
- Driver Of Self-Driving Tesla Was Watching Harry Potter At Moment Of Death | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: June 30 | ZeroHedge
- Regional Fed Manufacturing Overview: June Decline | Financial Sense
- Paul Singer: "Donald Trump Will Cause A Widespread Global Depression" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists discovered the dirtiest places on an airplane | Business Insider
- The best thing you can do for your productivity over a long... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- THE FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How European regulators are creating fertile ground for... | Business Insider
- A new study found that 80% of college students... | Business Insider
- There's a parasite in China sucking up money faster than the... | Business Insider
- 4 things you didn't know your iPhone could do | Business Insider