Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GOP Congressman To Introduce National Conceal Carry Bill After Trump Swear In | ZeroHedge
- American Greed - The Fix (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
- And Then There Was One | ZeroHedge
- Tomorrow's Vote In Italy Will Be A "Wide-Ranging F**k Off", And It's Just The Start... | ZeroHedge
- Putin Says Trump Is "A Smart Man", Will Adapt To Responsibilities As "Unipolar World Model Fails" | ZeroHedge
- Bill Ackman is Back: Pershing Square Posts 10% Gain in November | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 7 details you may have missed on episode 9 of '... | Business Insider
- These are the 4 best budget laptops on the market | Business Insider
- Thailand crowned a new king for the first time since... | Business Insider
- A federal judge has ordered a recount of... | Business Insider
- Marvel just dropped the first full trailer for 'Guardians of the... | Business Insider
- Iran says it wants more cooperation with Saudi... | Business Insider
- The holidays are the perfect time to... | Business Insider