Goldman Gets Behind Apple
Apple Inc (AAPL) is the one stock that is bucking the downtrend today. It just hit a new 52-week high and its got the blessing of the all powerful Goldman Sachs (GS).
Today Goldman declared Apple the greatest stock in the world. Well, not quite but close enough, the firm reiterated a 'Conviction Buy' rating on the iPad creator. Apple shares are now up 2% and trading at $662.32. Even with that incredible share price Apple still trades with a reasonable P/E ratio of 15.
Apple conitinues to bank massive coin on iPads, iPods, and get ready for the iPhone 5. But wait, there's more! Commenting on recent WSJ reports about an Apple set-top box, Goldman thinks it's most likely evidence Apple plans to offer both a set-top box and a TV set. Some reasons for Apple to produce a set-top box, in spite of the cable industry's wariness: they're cheaper than TVs, have shorter upgrade cycles, and (like the iPhone) are typically subsidized.
Yet another reason to send Apple to $1,000 by 2015 (or before).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Of America Reports Q1 Loss On Massive Legal Charge, Ongoing Operations Disappoint As NIM Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- And Now Market Tumbles, As News Of Ukraine Deaths Spook Algos | ZeroHedge
- New York AG Sends Subpoenas To HFT Firms Including Tower, Jump and Chopper | ZeroHedge
- The Number 1 Reason Why I Am Not Selling Here | iBankCoin.com
- Further Downside May Be Ahead, Though Long-Term Trend Still Intact | Financial Sense
- Rise in Housing Starts Disappoint, Permits Fall | Financial Sense
- "Death Spiral" - Harvard Professor Predicts Up To Half Of US Universities May Fail In 15 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 100 Years Of The American Investor Getting Taxed | Business Insider
- Seeking A Finance Director For Business Insider | Business Insider
- Most Mom-And-Pop Investors Don't Understand The Difference Between Mutual Funds... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the... | StreetInsider.com
- The 22 Richest Neighborhoods In Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- How This New Technology Saved My Life From A Peanut Allergy Attack | Business Insider
- No. 1 Draft Pick Anthony Bennett's Historically Bad Rookie Year, In One Ugly Shot Chart... | Business Insider