Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Equity Rallies Are Corrective, Downside Risks Remain, BofAML Says | ZeroHedge
- Silver, Aluminum, Food, Copper, & Oil | iBankCoin.com
- Prince Bandar bin Sultan, Head Of Saudi Intelligence, Has Been Sacked | ZeroHedge
- Rise in Housing Starts Disappoint, Permits Fall | Financial Sense
- Putin Tells Merkel "Ukraine On The Verge Of A Civil War" As Germany Agrees To Re-Sell Russian Gas To Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Empire Manufacturing Misses By Most In 15 Months, Drops To 2014 Lows | ZeroHedge
- HOW’D YOU LIKE THAT? | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2014 Could Be The Year That Apple Changes Course On Mobile Payments... | Business Insider
- The Fingerprint Scanner On Samsung's New Galaxy Phone Has Been Hacked | Business Insider
- These Three Guys Took A Selfie Using A Drone, And It's... | Business Insider
- Here's What The $71-Million V-22 Osprey Can Do | Business Insider
- Boston Police Detain Suspicious Man And Investigate Unattended Backpacks At Marathon Finish... | Business Insider
- One Chart Shows How Much Americans Love To Drink | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (SPX, SPY, DIA, DJI, QQQ, TLT, GLD) | Business Insider