Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Confronting Russophobia | ZeroHedge
- Mulvaney: "Deal To Avoid Government Shutdown Could Come Today" But Won't Due To Border Wall | ZeroHedge
- "This Is A Monumental Change": Citi Asks If This Is The "End Of Two Party System In France" | ZeroHedge
- France: Paris Attack Shakes up Presidential Race | Financial Sense
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
- Yale Psychiatrists Just Warned There Is Something Seriously Wrong With Trump | ZeroHedge
- Hedge Fund CIO Asks If We Have Reached The "Capitulation" Point | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 things never to send over work email | Business Insider
- France's politicians are uniting against far-right... | Business Insider
- Pope Francis describes some of Europe's refugee centers as... | Business Insider
- This might be the tiniest laptop in the world right now | Business Insider
- A stock market behemoth is looking to invest millions in new startups (NDAQ) | Business Insider
- 'Almost destined to fail:' The stars of HBO... | Business Insider
- Sears just lost its CFO for the second time in 6 months ahead of a looming... | Business Insider