Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap Jan 29, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Algos Say Buy Oil | iBankCoin.com
- Janet Yellen Saves The Day: Stocks Soar After Fed Chairwoman Tells Democrats To BTFD | ZeroHedge
- A Sublime Harmony of Mathematical Precision (SHOMP) | iBankCoin.com
- Friday Humor - Playing Possum | ZeroHedge
- Alexis Tsipras' Open Letter To Germany: What You Were Never Told About Greece | ZeroHedge
- 30Y German Bund Yield Plunges Under 1% - Record Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Reverse showrooming': bricks-and-mortar... | Business Insider
- Here are our official predictions for who wins the Super Bowl | Business Insider
- Amazon Stock Goes Buck Wild On Big Earnings Beat (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Oil prices rocket by nearly $4 a barrel | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- How to remember people's names | Business Insider
- Here's how to figure out the odds of winning your Super Bowl office pool | Business Insider