Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Implications of "Red Monday" | ZeroHedge
- Valuation Estimate of SP500 2015 Returns: 2,246 Target | Financial Sense
- The Dow Is Up 500 Points In 48 Hours (And Japan Up 1100) | ZeroHedge
- The Annotated History of US Dollar Debauchery | ZeroHedge
- Rates May Stay at Zero Bound Longer with 2015 Dovish-Leaning FOMC | Financial Sense
- Howard Marks On "The Lessons Of Oil" | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Consolidates as Oil Slide Continues | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Israeli air planes strike in Gaza Strip after rocket... | Business Insider
- See Just How Insane Germany's Hyperinflation In The... | Business Insider
- NFL WEEK 16: Here Are Our Official Predictions For Who... | Business Insider
- The 15 Hottest Up And Coming Models For 2015 | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Carl Icahn Offers To Keep The Trump Taj Mahal Open (IEP) | Business Insider
- Mother arrested over deaths of eight... | Business Insider