Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The "Billionaire Hubs" - A Look At The Housing Habits Of The World's Ultra Richest People | ZeroHedge
- The Monetary Approach Reigns Supreme | Financial Sense
- Germanwings Co-Pilot Head Been Treated For "Suicidal Tendencies" In The Past | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Bullard: Raise Rates or Face ‘Devastating’ Bubbles | Financial Sense
- Europe Pulls Rug From Under Greece, Says "Nein" To "Vague, Piecemeal" Proposals | ZeroHedge
- Reuters Asks "Who Is More Of A Threat: Obama Or Putin", Surprised By The Answer | ZeroHedge
- Wages & Lowflation (Or Why Rick Santelli Is Right) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One big way that eBay is trying to be more like Apple | Business Insider
- South African comedian Noah to replace Stewart on US... | Business Insider
- Meerkat's CEO just revealed an Easter Egg inside the live-streaming app that solves one... | Business Insider
- An Indiana newspaper just made a... | Business Insider
- Lloyds just got permission to stop paying certain bond investors... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The internet is turning on Trevor Noah, the guy who's replacing Jon Stewart on 'The... | Business Insider