Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Another Keynesian Debt Boondoggle: How Brussels Plans To Turn $26 Billion Into $390 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- The Real Reason Why The Swiss National Bank Hates The Gold Referendum | ZeroHedge
- "Gold Is A 6,000 Year Old Bubble" - Citi's Dutch Strategist Throws Up All Over Gold, Days After Dutch Gold Repatriation | ZeroHedge
- The New Home Sales Farce: Department Of US Economic "Data" Revisions Full Frontal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Seth Rogen's Family Lied To Him About Why They Didn't Celebrate Thanksgiving | Business Insider
- Arsenal, Atletico, Leverkusen through to UCL last 16 | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- You Can Get One Of The Best Android Phones In The World Basically For Free... | Business Insider
- The Most Frugal States In The US Are Also The Most Expensive | Business Insider
- Microsoft Accidentally Announced That It's Acquiring... | Business Insider