Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Multiple Reports: Ukrainian Fighter Jets Were with Malaysian Flight 17 When It Was Shot Down | ZeroHedge
- James Simons – Mathematics, Common Sense, and Good Luck | iBankCoin.com
- Is It 1999 All Over Again? | Financial Sense
- Has Fractional-Reserve Banking Really Passed the Market Test? | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Building for 2016 Stock Market Bubble, Crash | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap July 25, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Euro Eases to New 2014 Lows | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Photos Of The Best Cosplay From San Diego Comic-Con 2014 | Business Insider
- Why Facebook Stock Continues to Rise Today | TheStreet.com
- Here's How Wonder Woman Will Look In 'Batman V Superman' | Business Insider
- Apple May Be Planning Some Big Changes For Its Retail Stores And Genius Bar (AAPL) | Business Insider
- A Surprising Number Of Harvard Grads Admit They Have Cheated | Business Insider
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Intercept Pharma, Inovio | TheStreet.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com