Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Nov 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Hyperinflation Watch: Kazakhstan Unveils New 20,000 Tenge Banknote | ZeroHedge
- Oil Jobs Lost: 250,000 and Counting, Texas Likely to See Massive Layoffs Soon | Financial Sense
- 2015: The Last Christmas In America | ZeroHedge
- Morgan Stanley To Cull 25% Of Fixed Income Jobs Within 2 Weeks As Revenues Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Is it Time to Get Defensive? | Financial Sense
- Swiss Bank Hits Customers With Negative Interest Rates; Crazy? What About Velocity? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ravens return blocked field goal on last play, stun Browns... | Business Insider
- New York state adding $200M more to $2.5B fight against... | Business Insider
- How a Missouri high school teacher ended up with $410,000 in... | Business Insider
- Eurozone bailout fund releases money for ailing Greek... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street today | Business Insider
- Broncos beat Patriots 30-24 on Anderson's OT run | Business Insider
- Drone footage shows what more than a year of war has done to an airport in Ukraine | Business Insider