Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Commodity Trading Volume Crashes: "Most Don't Even Know What They Are Trading" | ZeroHedge
- Why Canada's Oil Industry May Never Be The Same | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Unveils First Q2 GDP Forecast, Sees 1.8% Growth, 0.5% Below Wall Street Consensus | ZeroHedge
- Uncertain Global Growth and Policy Environment | Financial Sense
- Jim Bianco Warns "The Risk Of An 'Accident' Is Very High" | ZeroHedge
- How To Quit Your Job the Right Way | Altucher Confidential
- Trump Protesters Breach Barricades, Clash With Riot Police - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Millennial dads are the future of retail | Business Insider
- The fashion trick every modern gentleman should know | Business Insider
- Doing this for 5 minutes every day can help people who suffer from... | Business Insider
- LEAKED: Microsoft is working on a new tool to help automate... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Initial jobless claims rose less than expected | Business Insider
- Merger Thursday, Valeant and a shake-up at Bank of America | Business Insider