Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chicago PMI Prints Worst June Since 2008 As Employment Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Germany Pre-emptively Crushes Today's Rumormill, Says Too Late To "Discuss Greek Program Extension" | ZeroHedge
- Juncker To Greece: "Don't Commit Suicide Just Because You Are Afraid Of Death" | ZeroHedge
- Fiat Faith Falters As Bitcoin Surges 7% Post-Greferendum Decision | ZeroHedge
- In Big Boost To "No" Vote, Schauble Hints Greece Can Default And Stay In Euro | ZeroHedge
- "Of What Use Is A Gun With No Bullets?", BIS Says Central Banks Defenseless Against Coming Crisis | ZeroHedge
- The Global Template For Collapse: The Enchanting Charms Of Cheap, Easy Credit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Bill Gross says he will conserve water by eating fewer almonds | Business Insider
- 24 ways your office job is literally killing you | Business Insider
- Use 4 simple questions to beat your phone company and save money | Business Insider
- This will be the trickiest market for traders on Monday (EUR, USD, AUD, NZD, ZAR, TRY, BRL... | Business Insider
- The real reasons so many retail brands are taking the... | Business Insider
- How being politically correct at work can boost your... | Business Insider