Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama Humiliated: For The First Time, Congress Votes To Override President's "Sept 11" Bill Veto | ZeroHedge
- The Day Donald Trump Flunked Econ 101 | ZeroHedge
- Real Estate Bubbles: Vancouver, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Munich, and Hong Kong Top List | Financial Sense
- Apple, Nasdaq Slide On Report Of Exploding iPhone 7 | ZeroHedge
- Live Feed: FBI Director Comey Takes Stand Again To Answer For "Handing Out Immunity Agreements Like Candy" | ZeroHedge
- Bond Market Knows What Fed Should Do | Financial Sense
- Who Won the Debate? My View and Some Surprising Polls | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I graduated from Harvard and MIT — here's the single best tip I can... | Business Insider
- How this drawing... | Business Insider
- 5 things you should do every day to increase your intelligence | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders appeared on the... | Business Insider
- Nobody wants to buy this $12.5 million Brooklyn mansion with connections to... | Business Insider
- Syrian rebels have received new rockets from foreign states as fighting rages in... | Business Insider
- The 27 scariest moments of the financial crisis | Business Insider