Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ferguson Tonight: Thunder Storms, Peaceful Protests, "Go Kill ISIS And Leave Us Alone" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- "The Financial System Is Vulnerable," NYFed Asks "Could The Dollar Lose Its Reserve Status?" | ZeroHedge
- Car Repos Soar 70% As Auto Subprime Bubble Pops; "It's Contained" Promises Fed | ZeroHedge
- Dour Comments By China's Leading Supply Chain Manager Reinforce Citi's View For €1 Trillion ECB QE | ZeroHedge
- To Arms in Dixie | iBankCoin.com
- Russia Explains Why It Rushed Entry Of Humanitarian Convoy | ZeroHedge
- Strategy for Playing Earnings Season and Jackson Hole | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Keurig Green Mountain Is Soaring (GMCR, KRFT) | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Threshold, Galena, CytRx | TheStreet.com
- Silicon Valley's Tech Elite Are Spending Millions To Live Like Kings At... | Business Insider
- PETA Increased Its Stake In SeaWorld This Week (SEAS) | Business Insider
- Mitt Romney Mocks Hillary Clinton's 'Most Embarrassing... | Business Insider
- Everyware Global (EVRY) Unit to Unload U.K. Business | StreetInsider.com