Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Louis Gave: This Is the Single Most Important Thing Happening in the Financial World Today | Financial Sense
- U.S. Households Under Pressure: Stagnant Incomes, Rising Basic Expenses | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Is The Stock Market Rational Or Nuts? | ZeroHedge
- Introducing the Zero Labor Factory (90% Free Actually) | Financial Sense
- Do Not Show This Chart To Bank Of Japan Governor Kuroda | ZeroHedge
- The Leading And Most "Distinctive" Causes Of Death In Your State | ZeroHedge
- "Welcome To The Contraction": Q1 GDP Drops By 0.7%, Corporate Profits Crash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The amount of trading going on in China's stock markets is... | Business Insider
- Here's how Dick Costolo deals with Wall Street calling... | Business Insider
- A Disney animation legend explains why he's convinced Google... | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- This $36 million Idaho ranch is the secluded getaway of your... | Business Insider
- Explorers' Instagram feeds will make you want to get out and see the world | Business Insider
- 9 things traders are watching right now (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, IWM) | Business Insider