Apple Testing $500 Share Level
Ten days ago we talked up the decline of Apple Inc (AAPL) shares, that trend hasn't stopped. Apple is just $9 away from $500 a share.
Apple shares have dropped almost 40% from its 12 month high. That works out to a massive loss of $183.7 billion for the world's most valuable company.
Friday Apple shares lost 3.9% and closed $509.79. Last time we checked in on Apple it was the company's worst day performance in more than four years. The downtrend is inescapable for Apple since December despite rallying a short comeback in late November. Now that Apple is below the $520 share price the next test is $500. Apple is well below its 50-day moving average of $560.05 and 200-day moving average of $609.79.
The analysts are finally weighing in on Apple now that its share price has tanked. This past week UBS changed their price target from $780 to $700 for Apple. UBS still maintains a "Buy" rating on Apple Inc. Jefferies analysts reduced their revenue outlook on Apple this week but still maintain their "Buy" rating. Jefferies has a $800 price target and said they believe the stock is "dramatically under-priced."
MASTERY Bottom line:
Thanks to the decline it could be an invitation to Bob for Apples. Mastery likes getting in on the decline.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buy: $ARWR | iBankCoin.com
- Are Japanese Equities Discounting Further QE Ahead? | Financial Sense
- Summarizing The "Long Dollar Trade" In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Is the Stock Market Running on Borrowed Time? | Financial Sense
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- The Real Crisis in Europe Will Be Political With Spain as Ground Zero | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Video Analysis 09/28/14 | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's How China's State Media Is Talking About The Protests In Hong Kong... | Business Insider
- The Arrest Of A Russian Billionaire Does Not... | Business Insider
- Wildlife numbers halved over past four decades: WWF | Business Insider
- The Catalan Government Has Suspended Its Independence... | Business Insider
- Here Are The People Most Likely To Be Climate Change... | Business Insider
- Apple's iCloud Is Back Up After Going Down For Some People (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Steve Smith Promised To Torch The Panthers Hours After They Cut Him — And He Did | Business Insider