Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Spread Thin — How the Fed Manipulates Financial Spreads | Financial Sense
- Worlds Made By Hand: "Survival Of The Fittest Will Replace Checking In On Facebook" | ZeroHedge
- The Full List Of Hillary's Planned Tax Hikes | ZeroHedge
- Stock Pickers Throw In The Towel: "Active Manager Beta Exposure Is The Highest Ever" | ZeroHedge
- Three Steps To Reverse A "Doomsday" Clock | ZeroHedge
- What Now? | Financial Sense
- Russia And China Will Hold Joint Naval Drills In Contested South China Sea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One reason why Europe's war against terrorism is ineffective | Business Insider
- Ignore the headlines: US consumers are loving life right now | Business Insider
- How a new source of water is helping reduce... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- The best dog breeds for active people | Business Insider
- I used an app to set up my first-ever budget and it changed the way I look at my... | Business Insider
- 34 things all college kids should do before they graduate | Business Insider