Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank: De-Globalization Trend Not as Clear as It Seems | Financial Sense
- Weekend Reading: Trumponomics | ZeroHedge
- The Bureaucracy Is Now More Powerful Than Congress | ZeroHedge
- Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar To Record 95.1 Million: Jump By 446,000 In One Month | ZeroHedge
- BRICS Caught Between India and China | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: December 2 | ZeroHedge
- White Anger: Fed Helped Elect Trump; Tale of Two Job Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- India's poor are in crisis after the... | Business Insider
- 14 things you should never say to a new coworker | Business Insider
- The 100 best restaurants in America, according to OpenTable | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Why McDonald's Chicken McNuggets come in only 4 shapes (MCD) | Business Insider
- A 31-year-old who's been traveling the world for 5 years gives her best advice for... | Business Insider
- A Vikings lineman came up with an ingenious way to promote a business... | Business Insider