Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Will Volcker Rule Affect Markets? | Financial Sense
- Mysterious Iranian "Mr. Ali" Purchased Tickets For "Stolen Passport" Passengers; Paid Cash | ZeroHedge
- Cramer Vs. Klarman - You Get What You Pay For | ZeroHedge
- 20 Stunning Facts On The US Retail Apocalypse | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Up 175K, Jobless Rate Climbs to 6.7% | Financial Sense
- The 99 Cent Non-Recovery: McDonalds US Sales Post Longest Negative Streak In Over A Decade | ZeroHedge
- Inverse Momentum Monday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LEGENDARY VC: Here's The Number One Thing I Look For In An Entrepreneur | Business Insider
- The Story Of How Marc Andreessen Told Ben Horowitz 'F--- You' — And Then... | Business Insider
- A New Blood Test Predicts Alzheimer’s With 90% Accuracy | Business Insider
- Marlins Slugger Hits One Of The Longest Home Runs You'll Ever See | Business Insider
- Here's The Chart Of Chinese Exports Everyone Will Be Talking About Today | Business Insider
- AOL Has Deleted The Amazing Photo Of Its Digital Prophet Swinging From A Wrecking Ball | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek