Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Madeleine Albright Stunner: "There's A Special Place In Hell For Women Who Don't Help" Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Peter Pan(ic) Policy Plunges USDJPY To 17-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- The Simple Daily Practice and How It Saved My Life | Altucher Confidential
- Forget Zika, This Is America's Real Threat | ZeroHedge
- Gold to Beat Stocks? | Financial Sense
- Greek Tragedy: Pension Pandemonium Sparks Bank Crash, Stocks At 26 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Bill Clinton Slams "Sexist" Sanders 'Trolling'... Yeah Seriously | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Surprising foods that pack more Vitamin C than an orange | Business Insider
- Here's how to follow the Super Bowl on Facebook, Twitter, and... | Business Insider
- 'I practically fell out of my chair': Bill Clinton unleashes stinging... | Business Insider
- Beyoncé just dominated the Super Bowl again with Coldplay and Bruno Mars | Business Insider
- Fox just released a Super Bowl ad for the next 'X-Men' movie... | Business Insider
- 5 times troops made headlines for the wrong reasons | Business Insider
- GOP congressman releases lengthy, 5-paragraph statement denouncing Beyoncé... | Business Insider