Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: September 29 | ZeroHedge
- China Housing Bubble Bursts: Q3 Land Sales Crater 50% | ZeroHedge
- The Hong Kong Protest: What It's All About | ZeroHedge
- "The Information War For Ukraine" | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Total Logic Fail | ZeroHedge
- Not All Coffee is Bulletproof | iBankCoin.com
- Saut: Dow Theory Says Primary Trend Still Positive Though Short-Term Caution Advised | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EBAY TO SPIN OFF PAYPAL (EBAY) | Business Insider
- How To Run 10,000 Simulations In Excel At Once | Business Insider
- Video Shows What Happens When Tear Gas Hits Hong Kong Streets | Business Insider
- Jeter departs with one last RBI | Business Insider
- The Day 2 Hong Kong Protests Are Unbelievably Huge | Business Insider
- Watch A... | Business Insider
- CVS Health Kicks the Tobacco Habit and Will Outperform Walgreen | TheStreet.com