Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bubble Finance And A Tale Of Two Spheres | ZeroHedge
- NATO Member Busted Supporting ISIS … Now Declares War Against ISIS, But Instead Bombs Its Political Rival (the Main Force ... | ZeroHedge
- Europe: Running on Borrowed Time | Financial Sense
- Congress Passes Bill In 15 Minutes To Revoke Americans' Passports Without Due Process | ZeroHedge
- Exxon Earnings: Carnage | ZeroHedge
- The Great Greek Fudge | ZeroHedge
- Rude Awakening for Those Who Ignored the Energy Markets' Warning Signs | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- France and Russia reached a compensation deal for the $1.3 billion... | Business Insider
- This one tool houses everything your home bar is probably missing | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- The 10 best examples of video game music being completely amazing | Business Insider
- This company is delivering bitcoin-... | Business Insider
- Crashing energy prices have been devastating for big oil | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek