Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory Is Wrong | Financial Sense
- Which Director Are Politicians Listening To About Ebola? | ZeroHedge
- Where Is The "Low Gas Price Spending Spree": Consumer Spending Tumbles At Fastest Rate Since October 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Goldman On BOJ's Banzainomics: "We Highlight The Potential For Harsh Criticism Of Further Cost-Push Inflation" | ZeroHedge
- The Wrath of Draghi: First German Bank Hits Savers with Negative Interest Rate | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton: "Businesses Don't Create Jobs" – Why She's Never Been More Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Only A Few More QEs To Go Until Argentina | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GOPRO SHARES SPIKE AFTER EARNINGS BEAT (GPRO, SBUX) | Business Insider
- Apple Has Forced A Huge Change At Samsung — As These Two Phones Launched... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Tour The Cemetery Where New York's History Is Buried | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: CELG REGN GILD BIIB TTWO CRL FLEX | TheStreet.com
- How Zappos CEO's Obsession With Raving Helped Him Create... | Business Insider