Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Roll-Over As USDJPY Tumbles To Post-Healthcare-Fail Lows | ZeroHedge
- Capitol Police Open Fire On Truck Driver Who Tried Running Over Police Officers; Driver In Custody | ZeroHedge
- Former Ukrainian Prime Minister Faces Russian Arrest Warrant | ZeroHedge
- Despite Record Highs, Brexit Still A Losing Bet For Dollar Investors | ZeroHedge
- What sets the Gold Price – Is it the Paper Market or Physical Market? | ZeroHedge
- Why Is Loan Growth Collapsing: Goldman Has An Answer | ZeroHedge
- Biggest VIX Crash Since Election Saves Dow From Worst Losing Streak In 39 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 everyday missteps that make you look like you never learned your manners | Business Insider
- GOP STRATEGIST: Trump is harming himself with Congress | Business Insider
- The South African rand is getting whacked | Business Insider
- Turkey is going to discuss extraditing US-based... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about 'The Leftovers' — HBO's cult hit about to start its final season | Business Insider
- Emma Watson revealed one of Belle's iconic 'Beauty and... | Business Insider
- Baltimore police showed reporters jarring footage of a... | Business Insider