Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LOCO IPO Soars To Insane 20x EBITDA Multiple | ZeroHedge
- You Know Iraq's Bad When... | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Building for 2016 Stock Market Bubble, Crash | Financial Sense
- LISTEN TO ME | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Pending Home Sales Tumble From Recovery Highs, Biggest Miss In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- China’s Market Finally Looks Like a Buy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon Just Revealed Exactly What's At Stake In Its Battle With Hachette — And... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Texas Congressman Thinks Rick Perry Could Create A '... | Business Insider
- Imoji Lets You Turn Just About Anything Into Customized Emoji | Business Insider
- Here's What's On Sarah Palin's New Online TV Network | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Former NFL Coach Compares Johnny Manziel To Disney World's 'Tower... | Business Insider