Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eurogroup In Shock: Finance Ministers "Would Not Know What To Discuss" After Greferendum Stunner | ZeroHedge
- Obamacare Sticker Shock Arrives: Insurance Premiums To Soar 20-40% | ZeroHedge
- Greece’s New Money: Many, Not One? | Financial Sense
- Market Recap Jul 6, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- What It Really Takes For a US-Iran Deal | ZeroHedge
- Greece Contemplates Nuclear Options: May Print Euros, Launch Parallel Currency, Nationalize Banks | ZeroHedge
- The First Post-Referendum Head Rolls: "Toxic" "Martyr" Yanis Varoufakis Resigns | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Something 'scary' went wrong with NASA's... | Business Insider
- Here’s everything leaving Netflix in July | Business Insider
- An unlikely retailer is beating Victoria's Secret | Business Insider
- Wall Street sounds off as the Chicago trading pits go quiet for the first time in 167 years... | Business Insider
- The new Mercedes GLC crossover SUV mixes sportiness and technology | Business Insider
- Tennis star Kyrgios in 'racist' spat with swim... | Business Insider
- KRUGMAN: Greece's 'No' vote is a win for Europe (USD, EUR) | Business Insider