Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mitt Romney Announces He Is Not Running For President: "Best To Give Other Leaders The Opportunity" | ZeroHedge
- A Sublime Harmony of Mathematical Precision (SHOMP) | iBankCoin.com
- The Fed Is Now Frontrunning Value Investors | ZeroHedge
- Germany Is (Almost) Japan: Bund Yield Plunges To Record 0.33% | ZeroHedge
- A Few Charts For Friday | iBankCoin.com
- The Surprising Consequences of the Global Frenzy for Positive Yield | Financial Sense
- Occupied By Wall Street – The Latest TARP Taxpayer Screw-Job Is Revealed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Snapchat is launching its first web series, and it stars Steven Spielberg's daughter | Business Insider
- Marissa Mayer Thinks She Can Steal iPhone Search From... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Whole Foods Wants To Replace Your Doctor | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Physicists Have Built A Time Machine Simulator | Business Insider
- Ferrari unveil car to power team back to F1 glory | Business Insider