Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Speak, Switzerland! | Financial Sense
- Let This Be a Lesson to You | iBankCoin.com
- The Complete Robin Hood Conference Summary | ZeroHedge
- Q3: Not Amazing Nor Disappointing | Financial Sense
- NYSE Gives Up Trying To Fix Itself | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- San Francisco's 2015 Michelin Ratings Are Out — And There Are 2 New 3-Star... | Business Insider
- Ask For An Odd Number, And 11 More Tips For Getting The Salary You Want | Business Insider
- Apple Says iCloud Servers Haven't Been Compromised Following... | Business Insider
- The Best 'Cheap Eats' In San Francisco | Business Insider
- Paralysed man walks again after breakthrough spinal... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Is Making a Big Push Into…Asian Fast Food? | TheStreet.com