Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Need To Escape Collapsing Empires | ZeroHedge
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- Stock Market Risks Getting Stung | Financial Sense
- Fear Of "Surge In Debt Defaults, Business Failures And Job Losses" Means Many More Chinese Rate Cuts | ZeroHedge
- View From Far Above | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reason Why The Netherlands Repatriated Its Gold | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 21, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Vargas retains WBA super lightweight crown in Macau | Business Insider
- 30 Uplifting Photos Of Entrepreneurs In The Developing... | Business Insider
- Joy for Federer as Swiss win Davis Cup | Business Insider
- What Men Fantasize About | Business Insider
- Keeping the samba drum beating in Ireland's '... | Business Insider
- 54 Bizarre Ways You Can Track The Economy | Business Insider
- Apple's Living Cofounders Reminisce About Its First Computer... | Business Insider