Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Low Oil Prices Are Not The Reason Oil Companies Are Going Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
- Dr. Lisa Bardack’s Faustian Bargain | ZeroHedge
- Trump Won? His Attacks on the Fed and Politics Need to Go Even Deeper | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- "It's Serious Business" - Trump VP Pence Confirms Bill Clinton's Ex-Girlfriend "Will Not Be At Debate" | ZeroHedge
- US Services PMI Bounces But Employment Hits 33-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'They gave me a defective mic': Trump lashes out over supposed mic issue | Business Insider
- How The Rock — the highest-paid actor in Hollywood — makes and spends his millions | Business Insider
- The fast-food industry has turned its back on Donald Trump | Business Insider
- Too many people fall into this psychological trap... | Business Insider
- Roku revamps its device line | Business Insider
- New Bloomberg poll shows Trump has crossed a crucial threshold to lead Clinton | Business Insider
- 'That's called business': Trump and... | Business Insider