Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wikileaks Releases Part 13 Of Podesta Data Dump; Total Emails Released Is Now 23,423 | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in September | Financial Sense
- Is Oil About to Rollover? | Financial Sense
- The End State: 5 Triggering Events That Would Place The U.S. Under Martial Law | ZeroHedge
- A Steep Drop in Oil Imports - The Big Takeaway in EIA Report (Video) | ZeroHedge
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- Mexico Orders Banks To "Stress Test" For A Trump Victory | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- One of Silicon Valley's oldest and most successful... | Business Insider
- Aziz Ansari rants at undecided voters in new video: 'What the f--- do you need?' | Business Insider
- Here's everything leaving Netflix in November that you need to watch before it disappears | Business Insider
- Trump's campaign says Al Gore didn't accept the 2000... | Business Insider
- There has been a 250% surge in EU citizenship... | Business Insider
- Troubled hedge fund Platinum just filed for bankruptcy | Business Insider