Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Five of Today’s Best Chips to Pull from the Bag | iBankCoin.com
- Latest Titanic Readings in Case of Iceberg | iBankCoin.com
- A WaRNiNG FRoM HeR RoYaL TRaVeSTY... | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap September 15, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- STTG Market Recap September 16, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Producer Price Increase Lowest In 2014 As Energy Slides | ZeroHedge
- The Consequences Of Fracking: Two Clashing Views | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- UN says $1.0 billion needed to fight Ebola | Business Insider
- 14 Classic Business Books You Can Download For Under $5 | Business Insider
- A Bunch Of Top Picks From The 2014 NFL Draft Are Barely Playing | Business Insider
- How A Burger King Employee Switched Careers And Came Up With A Brilliant Startup That Could Disrupt A $... | Business Insider
- The Yankees And Rays Played The Longest Baseball Game Ever On Monday Night | Business Insider
- Jawbone Figured Out The Most Popular Foods In The World Thanks To Its New Food-Logging App | Business Insider