Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In An Unrigged World: Here's How A Record S&P Close Was Manufactured | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: Mixed Warning Signals, Grid Defection, and the Repricing of US Debt | Financial Sense
- Global Uncertainty With the Upper Hand | Financial Sense
- Volume Data Have Eased One Concern | Financial Sense
- Greek Bank Will Write Off Up To €20,000 In Debt For "Poverty-Stricken" Borrowers | ZeroHedge
- Nasdaq Traders (Summarized In 17 Seconds) | ZeroHedge
- The View at 30,000 Feet | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Turkey, world leaders remember Gallipoli battle centenary... | Business Insider
- Fears of third eruption after Chile volcano roars to life... | Business Insider
- Senior aide to prominent Mississippi senator arrested over... | Business Insider
- Young girls in Afghanistan are skateboarding to fight for gender... | Business Insider
- Greek parliament okays controversial cash reserve... | Business Insider
- Here comes the Baker Hughes rig count ... (USO, WTI, OIL, VDE) | Business Insider
- Tesco is going cut thousands of products from its supermarket shelves... | Business Insider