Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Devalues Yuan To Fresh 4-Year Lows, Arrests Top Securities Firm Exec As Stocks Slide Despite Rate Cuts | ZeroHedge
- HFTs Are Overheating: CenturyLink Reports "Catastrophic" HVAC Failure At NJ2 Data Center, Starting "Safe Shut Down" | ZeroHedge
- DOE Confirms Major Inventory Draw, Crude Production Slowest In 3 Months | ZeroHedge
- What An Actual Leader Might Say | ZeroHedge
- Media Blackout: Canada Plans To Dump Nuclear Waste Less Than Mile From US Border | ZeroHedge
- China Loses All Control: Arrests Journalist, Financial Executive Over Market Crash | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Paying American Lobbyists To Spread Anti-Iran Propaganda | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Woman to give birth to conjoined twins in Colorado | Business Insider
- Skins' RG3 evades concussion questions, OK'd to... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin is at a 'fork in the road' — Here's what went down last time that happened... | Business Insider
- Grand Slam drought haunts American men as US Open looms | Business Insider
- The most exciting part of Facebook's new answer to Siri | Business Insider
- 19 of Apple's most playful event invitations over the years | Business Insider
- UN's Cambodian soldiers clear land mines in divided... | Business Insider