Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- El-Erian Warns "Investors Are Underestimating Sudden Policy Shifts" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Boasts Inauguration TV Ratings, Asks Why Protesters Didn't Vote, Praises CIA | ZeroHedge
- The Cost Of Regulatory Compliance: $20,000 For Every American Worker | ZeroHedge
- For The First Time Ever Russia Beats Saudi Arabia As China's Top Oil Supplier | ZeroHedge
- The Inheritance | Financial Sense
- Negative Trump Coverage Is Long-Term Threat to His Presidency | ZeroHedge
- Pro Immigration Advocate to Americans: You Do A lot of Drugs, Therefore You Do Not Deserve Borders | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bitcoin is shrugging off some big news of out of China | Business Insider
- US Air Force base locked down after 'gunshot sounds'... | Business Insider
- The 25 coolest new businesses in New York City | Business Insider
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- Amex is moving on from Costco (AXP, COST) | Business Insider
- Putin owns a Super Bowl ring thanks to a misunderstanding with Patriots... | Business Insider
- Hungary PM: The EU should seek a new deal with the US | Business Insider