Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
- Don't Sleep Through The Revolution: A Graduation Message For A Dark Age | ZeroHedge
- Candidates Confirm: No Crash This Year | Financial Sense
- EliminaTED: Cruz Drops Out Of Presidential Race, Leaving Trump Republican Presidential Candidate | ZeroHedge
- "The TTIP Is Doomed" - France Threatens To Reject Obama's Huge Transatlantic Trade Deal | ZeroHedge
- Mapping The Most Dangerous Places To Live In The World | ZeroHedge
- 2008 Deja Vu? Treasury Warns Congress - Bailout Puerto Rico Or Risk "Chaotic Unwinds... Cascading Defaults" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This artist makes the most freakishly realistic action figures | Business Insider
- The email scandal at the LA County Sheriff's Dept. shows... | Business Insider
- Everyone's talking about this insane chart that shows the... | Business Insider
- Michael Bloomberg called out colleges for making a ‘terrible mistake’ during his... | Business Insider
- Gold breaks $1,300 for the first time in 15 months (GLX, GLD) | Business Insider
- TRUMP: Ted Cruz's outburst proves he doesn't 'have the temperament... | Business Insider
- Marc Benioff waylaid Tim Cook at a party to get him to condemn antigay... | Business Insider