Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- The Vendetta Continues: Ackman's Latest Herbalife Deathwish And Other Observations - The Full Q3 Letter | ZeroHedge
- Grant Williams: The Consequences Of Economic Peace | ZeroHedge
- A Pandemonium of Bells Are Ringing For the Markets | ZeroHedge
- Jamie Dimon's Daughter Is Asking You For A Favor | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Michael Brown's Mother Says He Was 'Running For His Life... | Business Insider
- Shoppers Increase Spending On Experiences, Instead of Goods for Holidays | TheStreet.com
- Visa Becomes Latest World Cup Sponsor To Castigate FIFA Over... | Business Insider
- Uber Is Blowing Up So Much Faster Than Facebook Did | Business Insider
- How Thanksgiving Took The Place Of An Awesome Military Celebration | Business Insider
- How 4 Minutes Of CGI Dinosaurs In ‘Jurassic Park’ Took A Year To Make | Business Insider
- Ebola vaccine promising in first human trials: NIH | Business Insider