Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 19 Tornadoes Strike Kansas And Oklahoma In Three Hours | ZeroHedge
- Why Japan Is Bad for the World | Financial Sense
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Deepwater Resolution | iBankCoin.com
- FiNaNCiaL TeRRoRiSM AND PoLiTiCaL SeX MaP... | ZeroHedge
- Why Bonds Aren't Dead & The Dollar Will Get Weaker | Financial Sense
- America’s Addiction to Foreign Uranium | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Aston Martin Reveals Their Sweet CC100 Speedster Concept... | Business Insider
- 10 Wild Statistics About How Nobody Can Lose In This Market | Business Insider
- Up to 60 People Injured After Car Plows Into Virginia Parade | Business Insider
- Yahoo's Board Approves $1.1 Billion Purchase Of Tumblr (YHOO)... | Business Insider
- The Story Of A Boy Whose Tempter Tantrum Led To A Venture-Backed Food Startup | Business Insider
- Amazon's Tax Arrangements Are Nothing Short Of A Work Of Art | Business Insider
- The Koch Brothers Have Buried An Area The Size Of A City Block... | Business Insider