Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- OPEC’s Influence Has Long Been Exaggerated | Financial Sense
- Yellen’s Patience Is Market’s Gain | Financial Sense
- Steen Jakobsen Warns Of Looming US Slowdown, "I'm Long Gold... And Adding" | ZeroHedge
- Five Countries Most Affected by the Oil Price Crash | Financial Sense
- "Massive Mis-Governance" - Q4 Obliterates The Case For QE And ZIRP | ZeroHedge
- Why Does Maryland Have The Most Millionaires Per Capita? The Answer Might Make You Angry | ZeroHedge
- Piraeus Bank Denies Rumor It Has Run Out Of Cash | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Astronaut gives a heart-warming send off to Star Trek actor Leonard Nimoy | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Louis Vuitton is now a 'brand for secretaries' in China | Business Insider
- The sneakers from Kanye West's bizarre New York Fashion Week show are going for... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- US oil rig count plunges to lowest since June 2011 (BHI, USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Vladimir Putin already has a theory... | Business Insider