Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russian Ambassador To UN Vitaly Churkin Has "Died Suddenly" In New York; Putin "Deeply Upset" | ZeroHedge
- "It Looks Like A War Zone": Trump Vindicated After Violent Riot Erupts In Swedish Suburb | ZeroHedge
- Satyajit Das Warns Financial Engineering "Has Masked The Global Economy's Precarious Health" | ZeroHedge
- Pigs Waiting To Get Slaughtered (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Viewing the Media's Racism Through a Different Filter | ZeroHedge
- Martin Schultz Wants To Give Refugees The Right To Vote In German Election | ZeroHedge
- Is James O'Keefe About To Smoke CNN? Tells Hannity He's Set To Release "Hundreds of Hours" Of Newsroom Footage "Wikileaks Style" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's $5 billion campus will officially open in April — and you'll be... | Business Insider
- Here is the Dancing Baby Groot toy everyone will want this year from '... | Business Insider
- TransferWise now lets you send money abroad using a... | Business Insider
- BMW-backed car rental startup raises $10 million in Series A round | Business Insider
- The 10 tech jobs that pay the most, no matter where you work | Business Insider
- Elliott Wave suggests the stock market isn't... | Business Insider
- 'Some will get arrested': A showdown looms for Dakota... | Business Insider