Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Dollar is Going Up | ZeroHedge
- Watch The IRS' Lois Lerner Plead The Fifth - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Mortgage Applications Have Biggest May Collapse Since Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Silver Recoups Sharp Loss And Rises 2% On Record Volume | ZeroHedge
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong Here? | ZeroHedge
- Now or Never for This Little Guy | iBankCoin.com
- How To Arbitrage The People's Bank Of China | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Is About To Get A Deep Integration With Flickr, Which Is Going To Be Awesome... | Business Insider
- 2013 FDA Drug Approval Calendar | TheStreet.com
- Senate Panel Approves Broad Immigration Bill | Business Insider
- Anyone Who Thinks Tumblr Is GeoCities Has Amnesia (Or Worse) | Business Insider
- The First Images From 'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Look Awesome | Business Insider
- The Mobile Payment Wars Between eBay, Google, And Square Heat Up Again | Business Insider
- How Your Boss Can Help You Save for Retirement | TheStreet.com