Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Back-Rank Checkmate Potential | iBankCoin.com
- Burst Chinese Housing Bubble Leads To First Annual Price Decline Since 2012; Prices Drop In Record 69 Cities | ZeroHedge
- GLOBAL GROWTH IS BACK | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Sachs Is Buying Carl Icahn's "High Yield Bond Bubble" | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- "Real" Stock Volatility In October Highest Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART OF THE DAY: Cell Phone Bills Are Up 50... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Ebola Case Confirmed In New York City | Business Insider
- NFL WEEK 8: Our Official Predictions For Who Wins This Weekend | Business Insider
- Car bomb kills 10 troops in Egypt's Sinai | Business Insider