Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bernanke Says "No Large Mispricings In US Securities"; These 5 Charts Say Otherwise | ZeroHedge
- Is Greece Still a Country if Someone Else Owns Its Assets? | Financial Sense
- The Bloodied Idealogues vs. The Bloodthirsty Technocrats | ZeroHedge
- Sell in May and Go Away? | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul Rages: Janet Yellen is Right, She Can’t Predict The Future | ZeroHedge
- In Unprecedented Move, California Farmers With Guaranteed Rights Cut Water Use By 25% | ZeroHedge
- Housing Data Rebounds; Walmart Disappoints | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Murray into French Open second round | Business Insider
- A quirky Danish home store just made a splash in New York City — here are 12 of... | Business Insider
- 15 things you should do before you turn 30 | Business Insider
- As antitrust case looms, 'Peak Google' debated | Business Insider
- The 7 heavy-hitters defending the web from cyberattacks | Business Insider
- Greece issues fresh warning on IMF payment in June | Business Insider
- Cedenio dominates Merritt at Ponce Grand Prix | Business Insider