Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Jobs Lost: 250,000 and Counting, Texas Likely to See Massive Layoffs Soon | Financial Sense
- The Third hedgeless_horseman's 12 Days of Christmas ~ Gift ideas for the Zero Hedge reader in your life | ZeroHedge
- Malinvestment Lunacy Exposed As US Money Supply Growth Finally Begins To Crack | ZeroHedge
- Soaring Global Debt – The Reality Check in Numbers | ZeroHedge
- The Founding Fathers Warned Of This | ZeroHedge
- "High Profile" CEO Of China Brokerage "Disappears": "Company Says Can't Find Him" | ZeroHedge
- 17 Seconds That Changed The World - Leaked Letter Exposes Turkey's Hair-Trigger Reality | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hate speech found on Yik Yak caused a university president to... | Business Insider
- The 'Arrow' and 'Flash' spinoff 'Legends of Tomorrow' looks... | Business Insider
- Today's US veterans are less educated, less healthy, less wealthy, and less employed... | Business Insider
- Calm at Minneapolis protest site a night after shooting | Business Insider
- Yellen defends near-zero rates to consumer advocate Nader... | Business Insider
- Why Pfizer's talking about breaking up on the same day it announced a... | Business Insider
- Pentagon: This is Turkey and Russia's incident, and 'our focus is on ISIS... | Business Insider