Mastery talked up AbbVie Inc (ABBV) two weeks ago when it began trading on the NYSE. In the last five days the stock has moved up 9%. It's time to consider going long on ABBV.
We called AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013. It's been years in the making finally separating from Abbott Labs (ABT). AbbVie Inc (ABBV) shares have traded between $32.51 and $37.07 since the start of the year. The company is less than 2% from its recent high trading with P/E Ratio of 11.5 and EPS of 3.1. We wished we would have bought when we highlighted the stock. Last week they set their first quarterly dividend of 40 cents to be paid on Feb 15th for shareholders as of Jan 15th. That's an impressive forward dividend yield of 4.65%. Recall that AbbVie enjoys the profits such drugs as Humira, Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Now the analysts have weighed in on AbbVie (the cue Mastery was waiting for). Yesterday Jefferies set a 'Buy' rating and a $44 price target calling ABBV its top pick for 2013.
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Wells Fargo also set a rating of Outperform on AbbVie. It could pay to enter into a long position before we get too far into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Made More, Facebook VCs or Its Founder: The True Cost of the VC Preferred Stock Control Premium | ZeroHedge
- Energy and Staples Take the Money Cake Again | iBankCoin.com
- Das: No Hard Landing for China, but Globalization Has Peaked | Financial Sense
- Not So Fast: Allergan Adopts Poison Pill, Valeant CEO "Disappointed" - What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- The Middle Class In Canada Is Now Doing Better Than The Middle Class In America | ZeroHedge
- This Is "Why" Caterpillar Is Trading At Two-Year Highs | ZeroHedge
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's iPad Sales Tank In The First Quarter As iPhone Sales... | Business Insider
- James Harden Goes Into Brutal Shooting Slump, Calls Reporter A 'Weirdo' In Bizarre... | Business Insider
- How A Satellite TV Company Used Social Media To Give Viewers What They Wanted | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 7 Gmail Features To Make Your Life A Lot Easier | Business Insider
- Shocking Report Claims 'At Least 40' Veterans Died... | Business Insider