AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Brexit Aftermath - Here's What Will Happen Next | ZeroHedge
- For Those Who Still Care About Fundamentals, A Troubling Chart | ZeroHedge
- Killing Trump's "Elephant In The Room" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Plans To Have Tyson, Ditka, & Bobby Knight At GOP Convention | ZeroHedge
- Richmond Fed Dead-Cat-Bounce Crashes To 3-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- WTF Chart Of The Day: When Central Planning Fails | ZeroHedge
- Futures Spike After Banks Unveil Tens Of Billions In Buybacks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Anna Kendrick has a great philosophy that explains why she can do so many... | Business Insider
- UBS: These are the 10 best places to put your money after Brexit | Business Insider
- UBS just launched a huge shake-up | Business Insider
- Here's who had the stronger military during the... | Business Insider
- The hottest tech IPO is rocketing up another 18% (TWLO) | Business Insider
- China just hinted it could increase fintech regulation | Business Insider
- Putin and Erdogan are meeting in person for the first time since the downing... | Business Insider