AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Disgusted Kerry And Lavrov Can't Even Hold A Phone Conversation Any More | ZeroHedge
- Man Eats Twelve Gold Bars To Avoid Taxes ! Tell Nouriel | ZeroHedge
- THe SCaReCRoW OF THe PaCiFiC... | ZeroHedge
- Rise in Housing Starts Disappoint, Permits Fall | Financial Sense
- Is VIX (Even More) Broken? | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Chief Economist-To-Be Warns: "It's Time To Rethink Everything" | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Which May Appear Larger Than the Market Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Map Shows New York's Best Bars For Cocktail Snobs | Business Insider
- The Next Time You Hail A Cab You Might Wind Up With Free Financial Advice | Business Insider
- College Textbook Inflation Is Out Of Control | Business Insider
- Bryan Cranston Reveals The Grossest Scene From 'Breaking Bad' | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Joan Rivers Refuses To Apologize For Crass Joke About... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: FB AAPL MU PPG | TheStreet.com