AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- With A Double Digit Lead In Indiana Polls, Trump Calls The Race: "It's Over, Cruz Can Not Win" | ZeroHedge
- The First Casualty Is Truth | ZeroHedge
- "Gold Isn't An Investment - Gold Is Money" | ZeroHedge
- Will NIRP Trigger a Systemic Event? | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan: The Limits Of Monetary Tinkering | ZeroHedge
- Two Americas - One Photo | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In April | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People in China are being sold bottled Australian air — but there... | Business Insider
- Quaker Oats is being sued because it has trace amounts of a pesticide | Business Insider
- These 3 businesses made Warren Buffett Warren Buffett | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Here's what your body language says about you in a job... | Business Insider
- Prince's notorious vault of unreleased music has been drilled open | Business Insider
- 17 counterintuitive salary-negotiation tricks that actually work | Business Insider