AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Everything's Worse" - Where India's Disintegration Is Set To Begin | ZeroHedge
- Bookies See Almost 90% Chance Of Macron Becoming French President | ZeroHedge
- Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? | Financial Sense
- Live Feed: French Riot Police Clash With Far Left Protesters In Central Paris | ZeroHedge
- North Korea Warns China Of "Catastrophic Consequences" For Siding With U.S. | ZeroHedge
- How The Euro Will React After The First French Results Come Out | ZeroHedge
- Eight Venezuelans Electrocuted To Death While Looting Bakery Amid Massive Protests | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why homeownership gaps exist | Business Insider
- BRIDGEWATER: 'The likelihood of a significant Trump... | Business Insider
- Trump appears to be bringing back the drug war, but cops may not... | Business Insider
- Navy SEAL charged with recording himself molesting young... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- I revamped my work wardrobe with almost no effort with this personal shopping service... | Business Insider
- Adidas is getting serious about making sneakers from ocean waste | Business Insider