AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ep. 206: Steven Johnson – Did The Invention Of The Record Player Cause More Boys Than Girls In China? | Altucher Confidential
- US Government Caught Massively Fabricating Student Loan Default Data | ZeroHedge
- RBC On The Treasury Standoff: "Someone Is Going To Get Hurt Badly" | ZeroHedge
- DOJ Ordered To Preserve Gmail Records Of Clinton-Colluding Assistant AG Peter Kadzik | ZeroHedge
- A Trade War Is in No One's Interest | Financial Sense
- Pizzagate Is Back: CBS Reality Check with Ben Swann Airs Honest Segment On Comet Ping Pong | ZeroHedge
- What Wage Inflation? Real Average Weekly Earnings Growth Plunges To Weakest In 30 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 things you can do today to be more productive tomorrow | Business Insider
- Martin Shkreli reportedly sold out one of the most hated drug companies on Wall Street (MNK) | Business Insider
- This is the perfect online mattress for people with active... | Business Insider
- 'A direct impact on our national security... | Business Insider
- A week in New York City on a $50,000 salary | Business Insider
- One of the most famous political writings of all time was really a fruitless job application from a... | Business Insider
- Trump's redundant, 'post-literate... | Business Insider