AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Doctors Accuse White House Of Lying To Justify "Collateral Damage" In Kabul Hospital Bombing | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Price Shock – A Boon, or a Harbinger of Disaster? | Financial Sense
- China’s Leadership: Brilliant or Clueless? | Financial Sense
- Global Dollar Funding Shortage Intesifies To Worst Level Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Jim Puplava: "This Is Not 2007-2008" | Financial Sense
- Credit Markets Suggest Caution | Financial Sense
- More Pain For Biotechs Ahead: Valeant's "Astronomical" Price Increases Take Center Stage; Pfizer Gets Dragged In | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- 10,000 protest in Moldova over missing $1.5 billion | Business Insider
- This sleek underwater drone might be your best shot at finding sunken... | Business Insider
- Police officers' names still secret 3 years after... | Business Insider
- Twitter joins an elite group of companies pioneering a radical perk new moms love | Business Insider
- Oregon shooter seen as recluse with weapons arsenal | Business Insider
- Meet Val the bartender: Hillary Clinton does an 'SNL... | Business Insider