AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The "Only Chart That Matters", Projected Until 2016 | ZeroHedge
- I’VE WRITTEN ANOTHER TREATISE. PLEASE COME AND READ IT. | iBankCoin.com
- "The Ingredients Of A Market Crash": John Hussman Explains "Why Take The Concerns Of A Permabear Seriously" | ZeroHedge
- Five Stocks Not Rolling Snake Eyes Today | iBankCoin.com
- How Much Further Can Gold Fall? | Financial Sense
- There’s Plenty of Deals to Discuss This Morning | iBankCoin.com
- Russian Stocks Enter Bear Market As Ruble Hits Record Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Digital Video Advertising Report: Growth Forecasts And... | Business Insider
- French public debt over 2.0 trillion euros for first time... | Business Insider
- OKCupid Founder Reveals The Best Questions To Ask On A... | Business Insider
- Watch A... | Business Insider
- Now It Sounds Like Japanese Giant SoftBank Won't Buy DreamWorks After... | Business Insider
- MEET THE WALTONS: A Guide To America's Wealthiest Family | Business Insider
- Here Comes Atlas, Facebook’s Plan To Tackle Google With... | Business Insider