AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dollar Heavier to Start Week | Financial Sense
- And The NYSE Breaks... | ZeroHedge
- Apple Beats Top And Bottom Line, Repurchases Record $45 Billion In Stock In Fiscal 2014 | ZeroHedge
- On The Origin Of Crashes & Clustering Of Large Losses | ZeroHedge
- New Tesla Model S May Have Us Rethink Electric Cars | Financial Sense
- My Research is Complete | iBankCoin.com
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Amazing Brooklyn Startup Office Looks Like A Jungle Gym | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- This Intense Zombie Survival Course Is The Future Of College Education | Business Insider
- This Popular Midwestern Saying About Cheese Makes No Sense To The Rest Of America... | Business Insider
- Spanish Nurse Tests Negative For Ebola | Business Insider
- Bale a major doubt for Liverpool clash | Business Insider
- Apple Just Released Its New iOS 8.1 Update, Which Brings Apple Pay To Your iPhone 6 (... | Business Insider