AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- You Want to Fix the Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | Financial Sense
- Here Are The Best Scream Fests From Today's John Stumpf Hearing | ZeroHedge
- Cash Funding Shortage Soars To Highest Since Financial Crisis In Repo | ZeroHedge
- Pain Spreads To Germany's Second Biggest Bank: Commerzbank Scraps Dividend, Fires 20% Of Workforce | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Rises Most In Q3 Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Libertarian Gary Johnson Has Another "Aleppo Moment" | ZeroHedge
- No Need For Yield Curve Inversion (There Is Already Much Worse Indicated) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Humans have a terrible reputation for killing each another — and new research suggests that... | Business Insider
- The biggest Hollywood salaries in 2016 — from movie stars to personal... | Business Insider
- The 25 most ruthless leaders of all time | Business Insider
- Skinnygirl founder Bethenny Frankel shares the 2... | Business Insider
- The US Navy is completely overhauling its complex ratings system | Business Insider
- The 7 things most likely to kill you | Business Insider
- A cybersecurity firm is telling two very different stories of the Yahoo hack to news organizations... | Business Insider