AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- SocGen: "The Average Stock Is Still 26% Down From Their All-Time Highs" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 21 | ZeroHedge
- Dear Disaffected Hillary Protesters: Michael Moore Really Wants To Lead Your "Resistance" | ZeroHedge
- Martin Schultz Wants To Give Refugees The Right To Vote In German Election | ZeroHedge
- TSA Security Breach At JFK Allows Eleven Unchecked Passengers On Flights | ZeroHedge
- Swedish Mainstream Media Is "Hiding The Full Picture": Trump Is Right About Immigrants | ZeroHedge
- The Only Two Choices You Have In Life | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the best things you can buy at The North Face's winter clearance... | Business Insider
- Here's the brutal presentation that an activist investor just published... | Business Insider
- Trump's new deportation plan is a worst-case scenario for Mexico | Business Insider
- Trump's new EPA chief tells staff he will '... | Business Insider
- Trump’s new EPA chief barely mentioned the environment in his first address to the... | Business Insider
- West Elm is no longer selling the Peggy sofa after years of negative reviews | Business Insider
- You can now post photo albums to Instagram (FB) | Business Insider