AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Banking At The Box Office | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 25, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- Oil Prices Collapse After OPEC Keeps Oil Production Unchanged - Live Conference Feed | ZeroHedge
- "We Blew It," Chuck Schumer Says Democrat Focus On Obamacare Was Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Russia Might Be Forced to Cut Oil Production | Financial Sense
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Grocery Wars: Can AmazonFresh Grab a Place at the Nation's Table? | TheStreet.com
- GOLDMAN: Here Are The 10 Big Market Stories To Watch In 2015 | Business Insider
- Market Wrap: GDP... | StreetInsider.com
- Ebola vaccine promising in first human trials: NIH | Business Insider
- The Creepiest White House Thanksgiving Ever | Business Insider
- Shanda Games (GAME) Reports Completion of Shanda SDG Sale | StreetInsider.com
- Mercedes' Ultra-Luxury Maybach Brand Is Officially... | Business Insider