AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GLUTTONY | iBankCoin.com
- John McCain Threatens Anti-Kissinger Protesters With Arrest, Calls Them "Low-Life Scum" | ZeroHedge
- 16% Of Global Government Bonds Now Have A Negative Yield: Here Is Who's Buying It | ZeroHedge
- Q4 Annualized GDP Misses, Tumbles To 2.6% From 5.0%; Surging Personal Consumption Pulled Forward From 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Apple Boosts Earnings Picture Though Overall Trend Still Negative | Financial Sense
- The AAPL Effect: Q4 Earnings Growth Without Apple: 0%; With Apple: 2.1% | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Prices Are Spiking (Again) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An online video claims to show ISIS beheading a... | Business Insider
- Record-breaking balloonists splashdown off Mexico | Business Insider
- IPO Roundup: Shake Shack Is One of 5 Stocks That Begin Trading Today | TheStreet.com
- Djokovic fights off Wawrinka to reach Australian Open... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Groups With These 3 Characteristics Are Better Organized, More... | Business Insider
- Russian Central Bank Slashes Interest Rates; Ruble... | Business Insider