AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Tale Of Two Streets: Main Street Lagging, Wall Street Booming | ZeroHedge
- Dumb Money: 30% Of New Equity Investors In China Have Elementary Education Or Less, Bloomberg Says | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Americans Spent All Their "Gas Savings" On Obamacare | ZeroHedge
- Flows Into European Equities Reaches Feverish Pitch, Consolidation Likely Ahead | Financial Sense
- Middle East Geopolitical Relationships Simplified | ZeroHedge
- Housing Contribution To US GDP Lowest In Post-War Era | ZeroHedge
- De-Dollarization Continues As Russia Seeks AIIB Membership | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This man built an $18 billion Silicon Valley company —... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- How Chuck Schumer rose to the top of the US Senate | Business Insider
- EXPERTS: Here's how much sleep you really need | Business Insider
- Here's everything we know about the the crash of Germanwings... | Business Insider
- 'Asian' corporate values are making a comeback | Business Insider
- ROSENBERG: Here are 4 big obstacles facing the stock market (SPX) | Business Insider