AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Happens When the Bond Bull Market Ends? | ZeroHedge
- The S&P 500 Is Now At Extremes | ZeroHedge
- JGB Yields Spike in Spite of all the BOJ Bond Buying | Financial Sense
- Vultures Begin to Circle on Canadian Housing Downside | Financial Sense
- Is Peak Oil to Blame for Riots in Syria? | Financial Sense
- Mystery Sponsor Of Weapons And Money To Syrian Mercenary "Rebels" Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Europe's EUR 500 Billion Ticking NPLTime Bomb | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rory McIlroy Dumps The Agents Who Just Got Him A $250 Million Deal With Nike | Business Insider
- Sonic The Hedgehog Video Games Are Coming To Nintendo | Business Insider
- Google's Larry Page: A Good Relationship... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Older Investors Reveal Exactly Why Their Retirement Plans Have Gone Off Track | Business Insider
- Porsche Is Planning Hybrid Versions Of Every Single One Of Its Major Models | Business Insider
- Even Life-Long Nerd, And Self-Described Futurist, Nick Bilton Thinks Google Glass Is Creepy And... | Business Insider