AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- As China Admits It Lied About Its Local Debt Levels, Local Billionaires Are Quietly Liquidating Their Assets | ZeroHedge
- "Asia Crisis, Tech Bubble Burst, Lehman"... And Today | ZeroHedge
- Bubble Finance And A Tale Of Two Spheres | ZeroHedge
- US Police Kill 118 People In July, Highest Monthly Total Of 2015 | ZeroHedge
- The Fed’s Dilemma | Financial Sense
- Is the Gold Price Manipulated? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A center in Japan simulates earthquakes — and it... | Business Insider
- Can you spot the drowning child in this photo? | Business Insider
- This 2,000-lb. machine in Brooklyn is spinning Instagram photos into giant fabric... | Business Insider
- Here are 8 of the biggist improvements to the US's... | Business Insider
- No final deal in Pacific trade talks: negotiators | Business Insider
- The 20 fears keeping you from getting rich | Business Insider
- J. Crew is alienating its most important customers — here's why | Business Insider