AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q1 Earnings in Focus | Financial Sense
- Lassonde: Gold Moving Sideways; Very Bullish on Natural Gas | Financial Sense
- How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? | Financial Sense
- Does the U.S. Have the Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World? | Financial Sense
- What Happened To The Middle Class? The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Putin's Top 10 Q&A Quotes: "The US Will Cut Off Their Nose To Spite Their Face" | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Why The West's Financial Warfare Against Russia May Lead To The Real Thing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What The Daily Calorie Intake Of 2,000 Calories Looks Like In Pizza Slices... | Business Insider
- Less Than 24 Hours Later, The Ukraine 'Deal' Is Already Running... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Fear and Loathing on Wall Street | TheStreet.com
- The 25 Best Neighborhoods For Young People | Business Insider
- SpaceX's Second Attempt To Launch Dragon Spacecraft Was Successful | Business Insider
- Pro Golfer Jumps Into A Lake After Getting Attacked By Hornets, Still Makes Birdie On The Hole... | Business Insider
- How To Use Touch, Warmth, And Taste To Win A Negotiation | Business Insider