AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Will Be The Last To Crash? | ZeroHedge
- China Completes Airstrip On Reef, Builds Military Facility On Second Island | ZeroHedge
- Japan’s Yen Has Only Begun to Fall | Financial Sense
- Jim Bianco Rages "The Recovery Ship Sailed", Bashes Big Govt Believers, Slams Greek Risk 'Deniers' | ZeroHedge
- "The Fallout Ratio" Is Flashing Red - The Chart That Realtors Don't Want You To See | ZeroHedge
- Need I Remind You: I HATE Repeats | iBankCoin.com
- Domestic Auto Sales Tumble, Miss For 6th Of Last 7 Months (Don't Tell Phil LeBeau) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Whole Foods CEOs admit to charging customers too much | Business Insider
- The Cavaliers are making a $230 million bet that last year's team is... | Business Insider
- Afghan court overturns death sentences in mob killing... | Business Insider
- Hot new salad chain Sweetgreen just raised a fresh $35 million | Business Insider
- It's a $28.3 billion insurance mega deal (ACE, CB) | Business Insider
- British house price growth is at a two-year low | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek