AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Prime Spot for an Amazon Drop | iBankCoin.com
- Hoist The King’s Flag | iBankCoin.com
- Van Hoisington And The Fed's Bubble: "Overtrading" And "Discredit" Always End In "Revulsion" | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $FMSA | iBankCoin.com
- The Similarities Between Germany and China | Financial Sense
- The Biggest Threat To America | ZeroHedge
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Charts Show Just How Far The Newspaper Industry Has Fallen In 10 Years... | Business Insider
- Researchers At Harvard Discovered A Potential New Treatment For Ebola | Business Insider
- Sweden calls off hunt for suspected submarine | Business Insider
- The First 'Batman V Superman' Trailer Could Be Coming Soon | Business Insider
- Market Volatility Is No Reason To Freak Out | Business Insider
- One Of The Best Managers In Baseball Just Took A... | Business Insider
- Wanderers in fairytale run to AFC Champions League final... | Business Insider