AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- De-Dollarization Du Jour: Russia Backs BRICS Alternative To SWIFT | ZeroHedge
- IRS Admits Refunding Billions On Fake Tax Returns | ZeroHedge
- Europe Has A Solution For The Unemployment Problem: Fake Jobs | ZeroHedge
- New Highs in Cumulative A/D Is Not Confirmation of a Healthy Market | Financial Sense
- Another Look at the Year Five Phenomenon | Financial Sense
- Pressures From China, Greek Markets | Financial Sense
- Robert Shiller: Unlike 1929 This Time Everything - Stocks, Bonds And Housing - Is Overvalued | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google unveils Android Pay in fresh challenge to Apple | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW: Meet Facebook's first 20 employees | Business Insider
- Cameron urges 'flexible and imaginative' EU reforms | Business Insider
- Kerry, Zarif launch key nuclear talks in Geneva | Business Insider
- FIFA votes amid corruption crisis : LIVE REPORT | Business Insider
- Corporate profits tanked | Business Insider
- One of the best comics of 2014 is getting turned into a movie | Business Insider