AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- OIL COUNTRY | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Warns Midterm Elections Raise Risk Around Fiscal Deadlines | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 30, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Western Banks Find "In China, Nothing Is What It Appears To Be" | ZeroHedge
- Life Lessons To Derive From QE And Stress Tests | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton: "Businesses Don't Create Jobs" – Why She's Never Been More Wrong | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- EU, Ukraine must agree gas debt deal for talks to... | Business Insider
- Here's Proof That Graphs Are Key To Convincing People Of Your Argument | Business Insider
- George Lucas Explains How Hollywood Became So Brainless | Business Insider
- US right-to-die woman holds on, in new video | Business Insider
- The Bizarre Story Behind Today's Sudden Ruble Rally | Business Insider
- Steve Ballmer Just Tore Into Amazon, Sang Some Bing Crosby And Fergie Songs, And Shouted A... | Business Insider
- Here's What Was In The 5,000 Pounds Of Cargo Destroyed In Tuesday's... | Business Insider