AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Soros Seeks To "Reshape American Justice System" By Pouring Funds Into "Powerful" District Attorney Races | ZeroHedge
- Global Supply Chains Paralyzed After World's 7th Largest Container Shipper Files Bankruptcy, Assets Frozen | ZeroHedge
- Shocked Mexican Citizens To Protest Trump Visit - "Out With Trump. Out With Pena Nieto" | ZeroHedge
- WTF Headline Of The Day: UND Offers Students "Social-Justice-Themed" Housing Option | ZeroHedge
- Critical Thinking In Short Supply? What About Short Demand? | ZeroHedge
- Fear Spreads Of A Housing Crash In Canada | ZeroHedge
- Is Clinton's Lead Over Trump As Large As Advertised? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mylan's releasing a generic version of EpiPen identical to the original — here... | Business Insider
- Japan's massacre of the disabled has gone completely... | Business Insider
- Native advertising is the future of Internet marketing... | Business Insider
- The appropriate men's attire for every occasion | Business Insider
- A dispute involving Michael J. Fox... | Business Insider
- How to watch this week's breathtaking 'ring of fire' solar... | Business Insider
- A giant poop emoji is looming over San Francisco | Business Insider