AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Is The One Financial Product Now Targeted By The HFT Swarm | ZeroHedge
- Mysterious Iranian "Mr. Ali" Purchased Tickets For "Stolen Passport" Passengers; Paid Cash | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market’s New Normal: A Wall of Worry | Financial Sense
- Was The Price Of Ukraine's "Liberation" The Handover Of Its Gold To The Fed? | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- The New Name Of SAC Capital Has Been Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Renminbi Depreciation Poses Risk to Chinese Economy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- $500 Million Worth Of Bitcoin Has Been Stolen Since 2010 | Business Insider
- Congress Is Going To War With The CIA | Business Insider
- The Biggest Changes That Just Came To Your iPhone | Business Insider
- Assad's Sinister Plan For Retaking Syria's Largest City | Business Insider
- Here Comes The Spotify IPO... | Business Insider
- Rand Paul Dismisses Mitch McConnell's Threats Against The Tea Party | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of... | StreetInsider.com