AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Autobiography of Kissing | Altucher Confidential
- Dutch Investigators End Another Ukraine Conspiracy: No Evidence Black Box Was Tampered With | ZeroHedge
- A-D Line Divergence Again | Financial Sense
- EU Bail-Ins Cometh As Austria Sees Bail-In | ZeroHedge
- A Mix of a Tape | iBankCoin.com
- Things In The Middle East Are About To Get Much Worse | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Proposed Russian Sanctions Leaked: Full Report | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Goldman Sachs Just Downgraded Stocks (SPX, SPY, QQQ, DIA, IWM) | Business Insider
- One Of Obamacare's Architects Just Gave Conservatives Some... | Business Insider
- Terror Threat Against Norway | Business Insider
- The 50 Most Violent Cities In The World | Business Insider
- The 15 Best Tech CEOs To Work For | Business Insider
- Amazon CFO: Prime Sign-Ups 'Growing Nicely' Despite The... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek