AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Citi Admits The Truth: "If The Market Drops 10%, The Fed Will Most Likely Not Hike" | ZeroHedge
- Recession Odds Surge To 47%, Highest Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Coal For The Win | iBankCoin.com
- The Crisis in Which Central Banks Lose Control Has Already Begun | ZeroHedge
- Three Drivers of the Capital Markets in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Unusually Massive Protests Erupt in Japan Against Forthcoming "War Legislation" | ZeroHedge
- Einstein, Physics, Gold and The Formula To End Economic Decay | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday | Business Insider
- 2 US F-22 fighter jets in Poland for exercises with ally | Business Insider
- This incredible foam stops bleeding in even untreatable traumatic wounds | Business Insider
- Remembering Princess Diana: 30 Iconic Photos Of The Princess Of Wales | Business Insider
- Right now Buzz Aldrin may be our best hope of colonizing Mars | Business Insider
- Serena Williams has an incredibly tough draw at the US Open and that might be to her... | Business Insider
- Atletico show title credentials with win at Sevilla | Business Insider