AbbVie Inc. the Spinoff for 2013
AbbVie Inc (ABBV) just started trading in 2013. AbbVie is the first 'Spinoff' for Wall Street in the New Year and has separated from Abbott Labs (ABT).
AbbVie was the pharmaceutical division of Abbott Labs, so far its bounced from $34 to $35 per share. This spinoff has been in motion since 2011. Before the deal, Abbott was one of the largest healthcare companies in the world. The aging world population is going to keep popping pills made by AbbVie including the anti-inflammation drug Humira, the popular painkiller Vicodin, and cholesterol drug Niaspan.
Abbott's chairman and CEO Miles White called the event "the most transformative action" in the company's 125-history. AbbVie CEO Richard Gonzalez said that with his company's existing assets and focus on innovation "we intend to create significant value for our shareholders."
Bottom line: Time will tell if this spinoff will be successful and Wells Fargo is the first to set a price target of $33 to $34. For now add this stock to your watch list and as more information becomes available place your trading accordingly. To review the company check out their website at www.abbvie.com/
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Previewing Tomorrow's Fed Announcement From A Game Theory Perspective | ZeroHedge
- JPY Dumps And Nikkei Explodes As Japan's (32nd Month In A Row) Adjusted Trade Deficit Hits Record High | ZeroHedge
- S&P Drops & VIX Pops As 4th Hindenburg Omen Spotted | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Collapse Is In The Eye Of The Bagholder | ZeroHedge
- US Dollar Risks And The Four Fed Surprises | ZeroHedge
- Screens | iBankCoin.com
- Ackman's Year Of Living Dangerously Get Worse - The Herbalife Timeline (Audit Complete With No Material Changes) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- If You Think What's Going On In Bitcoin Is Bad, Check Out What's Happening With... | Business Insider
- In China, They Wonder Why Everyone Over Here Is... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (SPX, SPY, DIA, DJI, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Facebook Is A Fundamentally Broken Product That Is Collapsing Under Its Own Weight (... | Business Insider
- The 8 Most Expensive Yacht Purchases Of All Time | Business Insider
- The Ability To Edit Tweets Would Have Huge... | Business Insider
- US Knowingly Purchased Faulty $5 Million Incinerators, Forcing Troops To... | Business Insider