4 Stocks for Open Water Trading
Not loving the market? Nobody is. That's why Mastery has put together these four stocks picks to possibly survive the volatility we could face in the coming months. Making the cut are Endeavour Silver Corp (EXK), DryShips Inc (DRYS), Yum! Brands Inc (YUM), and the Ford Motor Company (F).
If you are reading our site then you are looking for investing ideas. It's difficult these days to try and find a few equities worth buying - let alone holding for more than a week. Let's talk about these 4 stocks and why you should review them.
We recommend at least one silver play because the entire sector is beat to hell. Making the cut and under $5 is Endeavour Silver Corp (EXK). EXK and its peers were killed yesterday, the stock is 1% away from its 52-week low. Put this stock in your portfolio and forget about it. We only recommend a small position but it happens to be a solid pick of an up-and-coming miner.
The shippers have also been creamed in the past few weeks. Of the bunch we like DryShips Inc (DRYS) trading at $1.82. Expect volatility in this stock and treat it like EXK. The entire bulk shipping sector is trading at all time lows. Be early to this party. We expect the talking heads to refer to the shippers as the housing sector before it recovered. Always be on the lookout for sectors that are at the bottom and have the possibility of making a comeback. DRYS and its friends will not die, the world still needs them. Some of them may merge and go out of business, but the industry will recover.
Yum! Brands (YUM) is trading at $ 66.86 and its shares are now -11.8% below its 52-week high. Why buy now, a week before its earnings call? Read all about it in last week's pitch Profit from Panic: Yum! Brands. Bird Flu smird flu. China will eat chicken again.
Ford Motor Co (F) is at $13.10 and 9% from its 52-week high. Ford will bounce back. The stock pays a 3% annual dividend yield while you wait for the market to come to its senses. To get the upcoming dividend make sure you buy before May 3rd. Ford had some positive news yesterday when they talked up its potential in China. Ford believes they can double their market share in China over the next 3 years. They plan to do so with their new Kuga sports utility vehicle, EcoSport compact SUV, and Mondeo mid-size sedan. The plan is to get 6% of the Chinese passenger car market by 2016.
Bottom line: YUN, F, EXK, and DRYS are trading ideas that you should consider. Take it or leave it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How “Add & Reduce” Trade Management Can Yield Profits with Lowered Risk | FundMyMutualFund
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in April | Financial Sense
- It's Official: Austria Repatriates Gold, Confirms Loss Of Faith In Bank Of England | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To The Funny-Money Generation | ZeroHedge
- Virtu Revenue In Peril: Reuters, BATS Launch Crackdown On Algo FX Manipulation | ZeroHedge
- IRS Blames Taxpayer Data Breach On Russian "Crime Syndicates" | ZeroHedge
- Corruption: That's What Government Was Designed For | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hundreds of thousands of teenagers spent the weekend on Instagram and Vine... | Business Insider
- Mystery of holes in Swiss cheese cracked after a century | Business Insider
- Google is working on a mobile payments service that makes Apple Pay look... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- 21 tips for spelling like the pros | Business Insider
- Here's what we know about Traffic Group, the sports marketing company... | Business Insider
- Terrifying stats show how many traders have no idea what real... | Business Insider