Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yellen Hints at Detrimental Fed Action | Financial Sense
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- Man Carrying Ebola Virus In World's Fourth Most Populous City, Dies In Quarantine | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Ukraine's Government Collapses, PM Yatsenyuk Resigns | ZeroHedge
- The Catalysts for a Correction | Financial Sense
- President Obama Blasts "Tax Inversions Are Wrong", Demands "Economic Patriotism" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Beyond Sweet, Salty, Bitter, And Sour: The Human Tongue Might Taste More Than 15... | Business Insider
- Qatar's Purchase Of Billions Of US Weaponry — And Support For Hamas — Shows How... | Business Insider
- Check Out "Baladia," The 5,000-Acre Fake City Israel Uses To Train For Urban... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The West Bank Erupts In Palestinian-Declared 'Day Of Rage' | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek