Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mark Cuban Warns: This Bubble Is Far Worse Than The Tech Bubble Of 2000 | ZeroHedge
- The Only Notable Thing About Today's Beige Book Release... | ZeroHedge
- Euro Slides, Futures Flat Ahead Of Mario Draghi's Press Conference And Q€ Cheat Sheet | ZeroHedge
- Global Bond Yields & Crude Tumble As EURUSD Tests 1.10 | ZeroHedge
- A Match Made In Subprime Hell | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Futures Slide Despite Latest Central Bank Easing Blitz | ZeroHedge
- Does the Fed Have a Currency Problem? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Ellen Pao could take the stand today in her... | Business Insider
- Here's when an imploding Virginia college... | Business Insider
- West vow 'strong' response if major Ukraine... | Business Insider
- Apple has an idea that could keep your iPhone waterproof without changing its design (... | Business Insider
- Here are some ridiculous things you can buy if you have boatloads of money | Business Insider
- China is obsessed with a website that features creepshots of London's hottest... | Business Insider