Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is Why The ECB's QE Will Work, According To The ECB | ZeroHedge
- Another Step Down The Long, Slow Road To IRA Nationalization | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales See 2nd Biggest MoM Plunge Since May 2010 | ZeroHedge
- Chevron Slashes 23% Of PA Workforce As US Rig Count Collapses To June 2010 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Germany Is Officially Back In Deflation: Stocks Slide | ZeroHedge
- According To Citi, Small Hedge Funds May Have No Choice But To Become Paper Traders On Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Drink Up World: The 4 Companies That Control Global Whiskey Production | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greece Is Quickly Turning Into Europe's Worst Nightmare | Business Insider
- I Didn't Believe Microsoft's New Email App Could Be Better Than Gmail — And... | Business Insider
- 'Reverse showrooming': bricks-and-mortar... | Business Insider
- A new multi-billion dollar market for Microsoft Windows is about to go crazy... | Business Insider
- Stop Using Exclamation Points At Work! | Business Insider
- Android is suddenly surrounded by enemies (GOOG) | Business Insider
- American/US Airways Shares, Up 1,000% in Three Years, Take a Break | TheStreet.com