Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia-US Cyber Tensions Show the True Threat of Cyberwar | Financial Sense
- Hillary Says "No Need" For Brain Test After 'Cock-Eyed' Dementia Concerns | ZeroHedge
- State Street: "Move Over Zero Hedge, There Is A New Bear In Town" | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: America Is Not The Greatest Country On Earth... It's 28th! | ZeroHedge
- Will The "Least Terrible" Candidate Win The Elections? | ZeroHedge
- The Charlotte Riots: What They Are Not Telling You | ZeroHedge
- Syrian Politician: "WW III Has Begun, And It's Being Fought In Syria" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A $195 million estate once owned by William Randolph Hearst is now tied... | Business Insider
- We spent 8 hours trying every 'Endless Shrimp' flavor at Red Lobster —... | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- A protester in Charlotte gave out free hugs to police in riot gear — and they were... | Business Insider
- Traditional banks may be in trouble due to digital banking | Business Insider
- NYPD looking into Anthony Weiner's reported sexting relationship with 15-year-old girl... | Business Insider
- THE DISRUPTION OF MOBILE VIDEO: How... | Business Insider