Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Only Question That Matters In Today's Markets | ZeroHedge
- Democracy Or Oligarchy - You Decide | ZeroHedge
- If Everything is Great… Why Are Sovereigns and Clearinghouses Preparing For Systemic Risk? | ZeroHedge
- Financial Insanity Grips The World | ZeroHedge
- VIX-nado, Dollar-splosion, & Crude Carnage Spark Dump In Stocks & Bond Yields | ZeroHedge
- Primer For Indebted Students: Here Are Your Options | ZeroHedge
- Crude Prices Bounce On Inventory Draw Despite Biggest Production Spike In 19 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Republicans rip the Clintons for their 'secret shell company' | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- Soon enough, you won't need an internet connection to use Google Maps (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Mary Meeker's stunning 2015 presentation on the state of the web | Business Insider
- The 10 most valuable brands in the world (GOOG, AAPL, MSFT, IBM, V, T... | Business Insider
- U-20 World Cup to open under FIFA graft cloud | Business Insider
- Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Amber Alerts have already saved a child | Business Insider