Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Prisons Of Pleasure Or Pain: Huxley's 'Brave New World' Vs. Orwell's '1984' | ZeroHedge
- 2017 Second-Quarter Forecast | Financial Sense
- New Poll Suggests Trump Would Now Win Popular Vote | ZeroHedge
- Hasta La Vista... Traders? (The Future of Artificial Intelligence in the Financial Industry) | Financial Sense
- Failing Malls Turn Empty Parking Lots Into Carnivals To Generate Cash | ZeroHedge
- Bookies See Almost 90% Chance Of Macron Becoming French President | ZeroHedge
- Trump To Discuss North Korea In Sunday Call With China's Xi, Japan's Abe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- A New Jersey town is panicking because it's about to become Trump's summer... | Business Insider
- Here's what Jeff Bezos' 'Day 1' philosophy is... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- DHS head John Kelly says the US is not... | Business Insider
- The North Korea situation is approaching its 'witching hour... | Business Insider