Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Drop On Oil Dump & ECB Reality-Check | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Is Buying Carl Icahn's "High Yield Bond Bubble" | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing PMI Tumbles, Biggest Miss In 14 Months | ZeroHedge
- Market Jumps On Today's Central Bank Verbal Plunge Protection, Courtesy Of Mario Draghi | ZeroHedge
- Despite WHO's Confidence, Mali Becomes 6th West African Nation With Ebola | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Slides Below $81 | ZeroHedge
- The Last Days Of The Growth Story | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kroger Is Suddenly Whole Foods' Biggest Threat | Business Insider
- Why A Feminist Professor Is Teaching An Entire Class About Beyoncé | Business Insider
- Take A Rare Peek Inside The Massive Data Centers That Power Google | Business Insider
- Oil Is Taking A Drubbing Again (USO) | Business Insider
- At Least 9 UNC... | Business Insider
- Microsoft Has Officially Cut Nokia's Brand From Its Most Popular Smartphone Line... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek