Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece’s New Money: Many, Not One? | Financial Sense
- Caught On Tape: HSBC Bankers Recreate ISIS Beheading Execution | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- Just One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Ahead Of Dark ATMs, Import Shortages, Tsipras Goes Back To Brussels Begging For Bailout | ZeroHedge
- DueLiNG MaRKeT PeRiLS... | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Spiralling Game Of Chicken - Politics Always Trumps Economics | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Minor infections could be deadly in the near future | Business Insider
- Miss Universe fires back at Donald Trump after he called her a 'hypocrite... | Business Insider
- The villain in the 'Ghostbusters' reboot isn't a household name,... | Business Insider
- Sheryl Sandberg joins the board of SurveyMonkey, where her late... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- George Osborne was just dealt a blow ahead of Wednesday's budget | Business Insider
- Tucked away in this 'X-Files' TV spot is the very first look at Mulder and... | Business Insider