Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WHY So SYRiaS? | ZeroHedge
- "Neutralizing" John Lennon: One Man Against The "Monster" | ZeroHedge
- Gold as Independent Money Versus Central Banks Paper Ponzi | ZeroHedge
- GOP Chaos: Boehner's Chosen Successor Kevin McCarthy Pulls Out Of Speaker Race | ZeroHedge
- Gary Dorsch: “Hundreds of Billions” in Defaults if Commodity Crash Continues | Financial Sense
- Lawmaker Calls For Study On Links Between Pharmaceuticals And Mass Killers | ZeroHedge
- The World Map Of Debt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Feminist drama 'Suffragette' opens London Film... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- McHugh pitches Astros to 5-2 win over Royals to open ALDS... | Business Insider
- Syrian general: Russian strikes helping ground offensive | Business Insider
- Pandora could be close to paying $450 million for an American concert... | Business Insider
- Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are in negotiations for a rematch | Business Insider
- Two Fed economists tried to replicate some top economic... | Business Insider