Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Do Wars Help or HURT the Economy? | ZeroHedge
- Wikileaks Releases "NightSkies 1.2": Proof CIA Bugs "Factory Fresh" iPhones | ZeroHedge
- Fund flows of this size could mark a top, says Joe Friday | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: "In America Today, Facts Cannot Compete With Lies" | ZeroHedge
- Axel Merk On What's Next For The Dollar, Gold, & Stocks? | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Index Nears Crucial Line In The Sand | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Sound Of The Bottom Falling Out Of The Auto Industry? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 survival myths that could get you killed | Business Insider
- America's newest bikesharing program lets you drop off bikes basically anywhere... | Business Insider
- Markets are doing the US Fed a massive favour | Business Insider
- Inside Samantha Bee's classy $3.7 million New York City apartment | Business Insider
- Here's what the cast of 'Power Rangers' looks like in real life | Business Insider
- How the next 'Star Wars' movie 'The Last Jedi' will deal... | Business Insider
- SPICER: There is no 'plan B' for healthcare if the GOP replacement bill fails | Business Insider