Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bad Debt At China's - And The World's - Largest Bank Surges By Most Ever | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Slowing of World Trade Growth and Globalization | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton: "Businesses Don't Create Jobs" – Why She's Never Been More Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Every Bond Bear's Worst Nightmare In 1 Simple Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Afghanistan's Opium Industry Now Employs More People Than Its Military | Business Insider
- Ex-Apple Supplier Says A Soured Deal With Apple Forced It Into Bankruptcy (AAPL) | Business Insider
- LeBron Is The Sun | Business Insider
- NOPE: People Are Getting Rejected Hundreds Of Millions Of Times On Tinder Every Day | Business Insider
- Orbital Sciences Trading Halted as Rocket Explosion Threatens Merger Plan, NASA Program | TheStreet.com
- Early 'Interstellar' Reviews Are Much Worse Than Expected | Business Insider
- Kobe Bryant Calls Dwight Howard 'Soft' During A Scuffle — Lakers Coach Says... | Business Insider