Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 562,000 Workers Drop Out Of The Labor Force As Participation Rate Resumes Drop | ZeroHedge
- Weak ADP Number Shows Slowing Labor Market | Financial Sense
- Home Prices Rose 5.3% Year-Over-Year in February | Financial Sense
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
- Trumped! Why It Happened And What Comes Next, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- "Following A String Of Disappointing Data" BofA Capitulates On "Two Rate Hikes" Call | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Dash Cam Footage From Inside Alberta's "Apocalyptic" Inferno | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What cocaine does to your body and brain | Business Insider
- Why 20-somethings are burning out at work — and how to fix... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Our DNA is 99.9% the same as the person sitting next to us... | Business Insider
- Something odd is happening in China, and it echoes major... | Business Insider
- A CEO shares 4 networking mistakes you... | Business Insider
- Free webinar – The future of mobile engagement | Business Insider