Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The But-For Test; A Refined List of Buyout Targets | iBankCoin.com
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
- Riding the Wave Lower in This Stock | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap August 28, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Putin Calls For "Immediate Talks" Over Eastern Ukraine "Statehood" | ZeroHedge
- Middle-East 'Frenemies' | ZeroHedge
- It's Settled: Central Banks Trade S&P500 Futures | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dolphin hunting season kicks off in Japan | Business Insider
- The 33 Most Expensive Movie Props Ever Sold | Business Insider
- Mexico investigates huge fish kill in lagoon | Business Insider
- US MANUFACTURING JUMPS TO HIGHEST LEVEL SINCE APRIL 2010 | Business Insider
- Cave markings 'bring Neanderthals closer to us' | Business Insider
- Why Mobile Payments, Not A Bigger Screen,... | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek