Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gun Owners Vs. Social Justice Warriors | ZeroHedge
- A Trade War Is in No One's Interest | Financial Sense
- Loonie Plunges As Canadian Central Bank Warns "Rate Cuts Remain On The Table" | ZeroHedge
- The 2017 Outlook: Shifting Regimes | Financial Sense
- Financial Times Editorial Seeks Restrictions on Free Speech to Stop False News “Propaganda War” | Financial Sense
- A Huge Potential Tailwind For Bonds? | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Beats, Profits Surge As Trading Revenues Jump; Average Banker Comp Hits $338,600 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The wealth of these 8 men equals the bottom 50% of the... | Business Insider
- Bill Gates is teaming up with world leaders to stop the next deadly pandemic | Business Insider
- TRUMP: The strong dollar is 'killing us' | Business Insider
- THE CHATBOT MONETIZATION REPORT: Sizing the market, key... | Business Insider
- 11 books President Obama thinks everyone should read | Business Insider
- These are the people who will get hurt the most by an Obamacare repeal | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank is scrapping bonuses for senior employees... | Business Insider