Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Capital Flight Intensifies in Italy and Spain | Financial Sense
- GOLD Breaks Its Multi-Year Downtrend: The Asian Connection | ZeroHedge
- Should You Buy "Falling Knives" | ZeroHedge
- Citi Explains The Most Surprising Thing About The Market Crash | ZeroHedge
- Why Commercial Real Estate Is Next: 'Challenging Technicals' Are About To Become 'Weak Fundamentals' | ZeroHedge
- What Happens Next? | ZeroHedge
- Apple Analysis (Video) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This photographer will help you immortalize all of your favorite belongings | Business Insider
- Oklahoma was hit by its second-strongest earthquake ever | Business Insider
- We might be able to train our bodies into thinking we’ve had medicine — and it could... | Business Insider
- The tragic story of Donald Trump’s late brother Fred | Business Insider
- This brilliant color-changing toilet light solves a lot of nighttime problems | Business Insider
- John Kasich's momentum seems to be carrying into South Carolina | Business Insider
- This underrated Android feature crushes the iPhone in one key area (GOOG) | Business Insider