Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eric Hadik: 'Seismic Shift' Coming for US Dollar, Gold Market | Financial Sense
- "Did We Go To War?" Terrified Indiana Residents Woken By Unannounced Military Exercise | ZeroHedge
- Furious China Slams "Irrational" US Trade War, Warns "Will Take Steps" | ZeroHedge
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- It`s A Technological Arm`s Race (Video) | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things The Libertarian Party Stands For | ZeroHedge
- G-7 Refuses To Warn Of "Global Economic Crisis" Over Fear "Sentiment Can Become Self-Fulfilling" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Whole Foods store for millennials is unlike anything we've seen from the... | Business Insider
- I've been traveling the... | Business Insider
- The top word that people in each state forget how to spell, according to Google (... | Business Insider
- The top 7 predictions for the future of media | Business Insider
- US commandos ordered to remove 'inappropriate'... | Business Insider
- ISIS militants just staged a major land grab from rebels in... | Business Insider
- The fall in Japanese consumer prices is speeding up | Business Insider