Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New OPEC Production Limits Yield Winners — But Will They Last? | Financial Sense
- NBC's Fake News King Brian Williams Launches Crusade Against "Fake News" | ZeroHedge
- The Art of the Probe | Financial Sense
- Trump's Biggest Test So Far | ZeroHedge
- Rising Bond Yields Could Send $250 Billion Into Equity Funds | Financial Sense
- Tucker Carlson Takes on Washpo Reporter Who Claimed Trump Won Because of 'Angry White Men' | ZeroHedge
- ECB Calls Italy's Bluff, Rejects Monte Paschi Request For More Time To Raise Capital | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sony and Marvel just dropped the first new 'Spider-Man... | Business Insider
- The top Senate Republican had a defiant response to intelligence on Russia... | Business Insider
- Take a look at the cool spaces where employees at companies like... | Business Insider
- 12 trips everyone should take in Europe in 2017 | Business Insider
- Scientists just discovered their best evidence yet that... | Business Insider
- 9 hidden costs that come with buying a home | Business Insider
- German regulators are investigating whether Porsche may have been involved in... | Business Insider