Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: The Shale Oil Boom is More "Mirage" than "Miracle" | ZeroHedge
- Volcker Rule Details Revealed: Compensation For Prop Trading Will Be Barred... Just Not Prop Trading Itself | ZeroHedge
- Abe Approval Rating Plunges (But Japan Is Not Venezuela, Yet) | ZeroHedge
- Plenty of Biological Gems Washing Up Ashore | iBankCoin.com
- Fed's Fisher Blasts "Flaccid" Monetary Policy, Says More CapEx Needed | ZeroHedge
- Banks Outperform the Market With Regional Banks Pulling Ahead | Financial Sense
- Janet Yellen, a 'White Dove'? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Android Dominates... | Business Insider
- Sysco Surges on $3.5B U.S. Foods Acquisition From KKR, CDR | TheStreet.com
- Amazon Prime Accounts Are Exploding In... | Business Insider
- 3 Key Factors Brands Should Focus On To Measure Ad Viewability | Business Insider
- Apple's iBeacon Is Ready To Take Over The Retail Sector | Business Insider
- Here's What NBA Players Looked Like Before They Were Covered In Tattoos | Business Insider
- We Love What Warren Buffett Says About Life, Luck, And Winning The 'Ovarian... | Business Insider