Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obama Administration Bullies Allies Over Iran Nuke Deal Dissent | ZeroHedge
- That Ain't No Margin Debt: THIS Is Margin Debt | ZeroHedge
- MoSSaD MaDNeSS 2015... | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators Weaken – Weather or Recession? | Financial Sense
- CSX Cuts Outlook Despite CEO Saying "Expects No Impact From Low Oil Prices" | ZeroHedge
- Putin Is Becoming A "Vulture" Bond Investor | ZeroHedge
- Proof Positive That the "Recovery" is a Lie and the Fed Is Only Interested in the TBTFs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Two men have been arrested for hatching an... | Business Insider
- Facebook is building a fleet of giant solar-powered drones (... | Business Insider
- MLB is looking into allegations that a Miami Marlins player sent tweets about betting on... | Business Insider
- The NYPD's newest technology may be recording... | Business Insider
- STOCKS SLIP: Here's what you need to know (SPX, IXIC, DJI, LULU, USO, OIL, IBB, HXB, ITB) | Business Insider
- People on Twitter say #ThankYouEllenPao | Business Insider
- These two charts show how the... | Business Insider