Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Firms Edging Out Samsung and Apple in the Smartphone Industry | Financial Sense
- New Record In Waiters And Bartenders Masks First Manufacturing Drop In Over 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- #Wynn-ing? Casino Magnate Joins Trump Campaign | ZeroHedge
- California – A Deluge Followed by Mega Drought? | Financial Sense
- Potential Runners | iBankCoin.com
- End Of Cheap Fossil Fuels Could Have More Severe Consequences Than Thought | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Warships Came Within 12 Miles Of U.S. Coast | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German factory orders fall in July | Business Insider
- Drowned Syrian boys' aunt fights to bring family to... | Business Insider
- Tom Brady posts statement on Facebook | Business Insider
- US coordinating its response to Europe's migrant crisis... | Business Insider
- Child soldier drama makes Netflix award contender | Business Insider
- FED'S LACKER: 'It's time to align our monetary policy with... | Business Insider
- Promised Land awaits for Wales in Israel clash | Business Insider