Advanced Micro Devices in Free-fall
Who knows what is really going on at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)? Are they up for sale, will they break-up, will they fold, will they fade like the bad memory of Batman & Robin from 1997.
AMD is a volatile stock, today its down hard and hit a new 52-week low. AMD got down to $1.92 per share and going into the final hour of trading its down 7%.
All we know is that AMD did hire JPMorgan (JPM) to help the company 'explore options'.
Wall Street is taking no chances and is bailing on AMD after sending its shares up 18% the day before. Rumors are driving AMD shares right now -- it's a dangerous trade. AMD continues to attract a ton of attention thanks to its near $2 stock price.
AMD is losing to its competitors, Intel (INTC) and Nvidia (NVDA). They both continue to kills the runner-up company and take away their market share quarter after quarter.
The question is -- has AMD hit bottom yet? Traders are clearly in control of AMD shares and will continue to play it at shareholders expense. Buyer beware.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- And the Winner Is… | iBankCoin.com
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
- The Fallacy Of Forward Guidance In 4 Charts | ZeroHedge
- Famished for Moar Gains | iBankCoin.com
- US Won't Recognize Crimea Referendum Results (And 3 Awkward Questions For West's Liberals) | ZeroHedge
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- Ukrainian Drone Captures Video Of Russian Troops Fortifying In The Crimea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What It's Like Using An ATM That Automatically Turns Your Cash Into Real Bitcoins | Business Insider
- Neil Young's PonoPlayer Will Launch For $400 So That We Can Hear Music The Way... | Business Insider
- You No Longer Have To Be A Millionaire To Flip Houses In San Francisco | Business Insider
- The Good and Bad From One Airline's Overpriced Business Class Cabin | TheStreet.com
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Australian Man Caught Trying To Smuggle A Drug... | Business Insider
- SOCIAL BIG DATA: Each Social Network Is Using A Very... | Business Insider