We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Events Continue to Conspire Against The Fed | Financial Sense
- While the World Watches Greece THIS is Happening | ZeroHedge
- Greece, China, & Russia – A Plan B For Tsipras | ZeroHedge
- A 21-Year-Old Greek Unloads: "I Am Terrified Of Tomorrow...It Feels Like An End" | ZeroHedge
- Happy 4th of Joohl-Eye | iBankCoin.com
- This Is Why The Euro Is Finished | ZeroHedge
- Massive "No" Demonstration Floods Athens' Syntagma Square As Tsipras Speaks - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here comes another mega-... | Business Insider
- Uber is suspending one of its services in France after taxi drivers rioted in the... | Business Insider
- 11 brilliant quotes from Evan Spiegel, the controversial 25-year-old Snapchat... | Business Insider
- How not to behave at parties and networking events | Business Insider
- EU, IMF heap pressure on Greece days ahead of crucial vote... | Business Insider
- The 'connected car' is creating a massive new business opportunity for... | Business Insider
- In under two days, Boko Haram kills nearly 170 in NE... | Business Insider