We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Don Coxe on Brewing US Pension Crisis, Stimulus vs. Rising Rates | Financial Sense
- Judicial Watch Releases New Huma Abedin Emails, Including Hillary Funeral Plans | ZeroHedge
- Police Union Warns Trump That Forcing 'Sanctuary Cities' To Obey Laws Could "Risk Public Safety" | ZeroHedge
- Congress Poised To Obliterate Broadband Privacy Rules | ZeroHedge
- The Robots Win: Blackrock Bets On Computers Over Human Stock Pickers, Fires Dozens | ZeroHedge
- LA, Chicago, & New York Vow To Defy Trump Over Sanctuary City De-Funding | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Evans; Rosengren: Four Hikes This Year "If Things Proceed Even Better" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- Columbia is having a massive winter clearance sale — and more of today's... | Business Insider
- Here are the US counties where there are more deaths than births | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Bloomberg is shaking up its trading arm | Business Insider
- The world's largest humanitarian crisis in 70 years... | Business Insider