We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Could Face "Sharp" Rise In Capital Outflows If Stocks, Economy Lose Momentum | ZeroHedge
- Presenting De-Dollarization In One Simple Map | ZeroHedge
- 11-Year-Old Boy Removed From Mother For Defending Her Need For Medicinal Cannabis | ZeroHedge
- Gold Monkey-Hammered, Crude Clubbed As Nasdaq Surges | ZeroHedge
- These Two Assets Show Us a Crash is Coming | ZeroHedge
- OBaMa'S LaP DoGS... | ZeroHedge
- Yes, Colombia! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how rich you'd be if you started buying the Nasdaq at the top of the tech... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Lorient lifeline after crazy night in Marseille | Business Insider
- Diet Pepsi is getting rid of one of its cornerstone ingredients in a desperate attempt to... | Business Insider
- High school in America is creating a mental-health crisis — and these numbers prove it | Business Insider
- Meet Emilia Clarke's 18-year-old lookalike stand-in on 'Game... | Business Insider
- Amazon is about to break the silence on the single most crucial piece of technology right now (AMZN... | Business Insider