We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIX Spikes Most Since Brexit After Crude Carnage, Biotech Bust, Asian Angst | ZeroHedge
- Jill Stein: In A Time Of Universal Deceit, "WikiLeaks Founder Assange Is A Hero" | ZeroHedge
- Government Study Admits Fed Policies Have Deepened Downturn For Many | ZeroHedge
- How Does 2016 Compare to Stock Market Peaks in 2000 and 2007? | Financial Sense
- What's Wrong With This Picture? (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Germany Debates Putting "Troops On Streets" To Protect Against Terrorism | ZeroHedge
- The Narrative Machine | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 17 photos that show how people dress around the world | Business Insider
- Stanford just banned mixed drinks and shots from on-campus... | Business Insider
- 13 linen shirts to help you stay cool on your commute | Business Insider
- Experts find evidence that excess body fat increases the risk of... | Business Insider
- A new study should have Coke and Pepsi terrified | Business Insider
- Alternative lender LendUp gets funding for credit cards | Business Insider
- Cincinnati Zoo takes down its... | Business Insider