We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Not Replace Bureaucrats with Robots? | Financial Sense
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
- Trump Administration Unveils First Step In Building Border Wall | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Calls For 'Resistance': "We Need To Stay Engaged... I'll Be With You Every Step Of The Way" | ZeroHedge
- Shilling: We're Already in a Trade War with China | Financial Sense
- Interest Rate Differentials Increasing Financial Market Leverage To Unsustainable Levels | ZeroHedge
- Retired Green Beret Warns "There Are Destabilizing Forces At Work Here" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Mexico's retaliation against Trump may be taking... | Business Insider
- A professional speaker shares 5 simple... | Business Insider
- A college reversed its decision to suspend a student who... | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- The Trump team may have gone even further to knock down news about its Russia ties | Business Insider
- WARREN BUFFETT: This is the best book I read last year... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek