We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap November 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Central Bankers, Fear And Other Bad Counselors | ZeroHedge
- Why Tony Robbins Is Asking The Wrong Questions | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of The Obama Branches Of Government | ZeroHedge
- 122 Tonnes of Gold Secretly Repatriated to Netherlands | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Gold Initiative: Good Idea With Unintended Consequences | Financial Sense
- Forex Scandal Exposes Difficulty of Financial Regulation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Former NBC Employee Corroborates Some Of The Cosby Allegations | Business Insider
- Here's The 1 Question You Should Ask In Every Job Interview | Business Insider
- Former ZocDoc Employee Says She Is Suing The Company Following Sexual Harassment | Business Insider
- Apple Will Sell 72 Million iPhones — But Then See A Massive Drop In Demand... | Business Insider
- This Offshore Drilling Stock May Thrive Despite Falling Oil Prices | TheStreet.com
- The 10 Things You Need To Know In Advertising Today | Business Insider
- Trouble in Casinoland: Caesars, Revel, Trump Entertainment Resorts | TheStreet.com