We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Bulls Beware: Crude Demand Is About To Slide As China's SPR Is "Close To Capacity" | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- Explaining The Latest Chaos In UK Politics | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Batters Obama: "He Came To Britain And Behaved Disgracefully" | ZeroHedge
- Why Was A Gun Used in The Paris Terrorist Attacks Linked To "Fast And Furious" | ZeroHedge
- 14 Signs The World Is On The Verge Of Generational Chaos | ZeroHedge
- Scathing New Report Shows Just How Bankrupt Social Security Really Is | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 24 stunning images you won't believe were found on Google... | Business Insider
- How a long-time Google perk pushed Google Capital to make its first bet on a public... | Business Insider
- 7 grooming essentials every guy needs in his beach bag | Business Insider
- ISIS just got their hands on more US weapons | Business Insider
- 16 'Game of Thrones' items to buy for a superfan who is in withdrawal | Business Insider
- This simple trick will take your summer cocktails to the next level | Business Insider
- The 22 books you should read before you quit your job to start a business | Business Insider