We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Has Deflation Been Defeated? | Financial Sense
- Kurt Kallaus: Still No Recession; Expect Mild Acceleration in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Why The Obamacare Exchanges Are Failing | ZeroHedge
- China Begins Military Colonization Of Africa With First Ever Overseas Army Base At Key Oil Chokepoint | ZeroHedge
- Violence Erupts In Turkey After Prominent Lawyer Is Assassinated On Live TV | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Personal Income for October | Financial Sense
- Winning, but Losing, at the Penny-Pitch: A Look at the Coming Collapse of the European Union | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cutler, Bears hold off Packers 17-13 at rainy Lambeau | Business Insider
- Oil countries only slowly warming to climate challenge | Business Insider
- Where you should never touch friends, relatives, and strangers | Business Insider
- The Fed just tweeted a brutal chart showing the sorry state of US... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Thousands cheer Trump at raucous rally in Florida | Business Insider
- No. 11 Arizona escapes with 75-73 OT win over Santa Clara... | Business Insider