We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Expert: Threat of EMP Attack Is Real and Extremely Dangerous | Financial Sense
- I Think Icahn | Financial Sense
- An Open Letter To Those Disappointed By 'Both' US Presidential Candidates | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Images Of Ramadi Show The Devastating Impact Of War | ZeroHedge
- Haunting Pictures Of A Transportation Recession As Freight Rail Traffic Plunges | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Seeks Funds To "Save The World From Donald Trump" | ZeroHedge
- Trumped! Why It Happened And What Comes Next, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the most popular baby names in the US | Business Insider
- 3 reasons it's smart for 20-somethings to invest in real... | Business Insider
- Amazon has slashed the price of its super cheap Fire tablet today | Business Insider
- Why this startup bubble won't pop like the last | Business Insider
- These are the accessories you’ll want with you when you’re biking | Business Insider
- The world in photos this week | Business Insider
- Researchers are closing in on the location of a legendary... | Business Insider