We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Does the Fed Have a Currency Problem? | Financial Sense
- The Water Wars Are Coming | ZeroHedge
- ADP Stronger, but Still Weak | Financial Sense
- China Blasts Obama's "Paranoid, Narrow-Minded, Arrogant, & Hypocritical" Foreign Policy | ZeroHedge
- Only 17% Of Americans See The US As The World's Economic Superpower | ZeroHedge
- Baltic Dry Index Crashes: Calamity or False-Alarm? | ZeroHedge
- Greece Said To Tap Social Security Capital To Fund T-Bill Rollover | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Etsy just filed for an IPO — and the company disclosed some accounting problems (... | Business Insider
- A college with a $94 million endowment is shutting its doors, and people in higher ed should... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- The Bank of England is being investigated by the... | Business Insider
- Uber just bought a mapping startup | Business Insider
- Ellen Pao could take the stand today in her... | Business Insider
- ADP: Job growth in January was way better than we first thought | Business Insider