We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Solars Are Ripping Again | iBankCoin.com
- RC is a $TAN man | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Slide Following Permadove Chuck Evans' Attempt At Math | ZeroHedge
- Gold And Silver Roundtrip To Friday's Close | ZeroHedge
- Guess Who The Dirtiest Dirty Shirt Is | ZeroHedge
- Apple's Tim Cook Defends The Firm's Tax Policy Before The House - Webcast | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Incredible Footage Of China Demolishing Miles Of Elevated Road In Just A Few Seconds | Business Insider
- George Soros' Latest Moves... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 10 Things You Need To Know This Morning | Business Insider
- The Most Feared Bank Analyst On Wall Street Faces Off Against Jamie Dimon Today | Business Insider
- Justin Bieber Gets Booed At The Billboard Music Awards | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek