We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Well Well Well Well Well | iBankCoin.com
- Ex-Chairman Of Insolvent UK Bank Busted For Possession Of Cocaine, Ketamine And Crystal Meth | ZeroHedge
- How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? | Financial Sense
- Fed Jawboning, Minutes Give Stocks a Lift | Financial Sense
- Gold Tumbles Most In 4 Months On China Demand Slowdown Fears | ZeroHedge
- Unidentified Fighter Jets Open Fire On Kramatorsk Airfield, Casualties Reported | ZeroHedge
- 5 Reasons for a Q2 Decline in U.S. Interest Rates | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Here's How Much Venezuelan Monetary Policy Cost Coca-Cola In The First Quarter... | Business Insider
- Three Charts Show How Healthcare Costs Have Exploded Since 1960 | Business Insider
- Gold Demand In China Is All About The Exchange Of Wedding Gifts (GLD) | Business Insider
- Here Are The Angry Handwritten Notes Donald Trump Sends To Reporters Who Cover... | Business Insider
- Yahoo Soars On Earnings Even Though Its Underlying Business Is Still Stagnant (YHOO) | Business Insider
- Nevada Ranchers: 'We Embarrassed' Washington | Business Insider