We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meet Seth Carpenter - Janet Yellen's Choice Of "Fed Leak" Scapegoat | ZeroHedge
- The Largest US Foreign Policy Blunder Since Vietnam Is Complete: Iran Readies Massive Syrian Ground Invasion | ZeroHedge
- Inside A Mid-East Coup: A Closer Look At The Russia-Iran Power Play | ZeroHedge
- Bear Market Devil Might Be Lurking in the Details | Financial Sense
- U.S. Bombs Afghanistan Hospital, Kills At Least 9 Doctors And 3 Children, Calls It "Collateral Damage" | ZeroHedge
- Jeff Saut on Dow Theory Sell Signal, Biotech Breakdown, and More | Financial Sense
- Will The Failure Of Central Banking Lead To Global Bloodshed: The French Revolution Case Study | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US air strike 'may have' hit Kunduz hospital, three... | Business Insider
- Keller, Schmid, Myernick enter National Soccer Hall of... | Business Insider
- Doctors Without Borders: Afghan clinic bombed, 3 staff... | Business Insider
- Somalia wants to liberate territory held by al-Shabab... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Conflicting accounts given on victim... | Business Insider
- Arizona State holds on late, upsets No. 7 UCLA 38-23 | Business Insider
- 12 reasons why Luxembourg is the best country in the world | Business Insider