We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The World's Greatest Oil Chokepoints, And Why Yemen Matters | ZeroHedge
- "I'm Not Stupid" Monsanto Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Weedkiller After Proclaiming "It Won't Hurt You" | ZeroHedge
- That Ain't No Margin Debt: THIS Is Margin Debt | ZeroHedge
- What Deadly Summers, Sandy Koufax And Lucky Golfers Can Tell Us About Bonds | ZeroHedge
- Germanwings Co-Pilot "Deliberately Destroyed" Airplane, Identified As 28-Year Old German Citizen | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Drop Back Below Dreaded "300k" Level | ZeroHedge
- The Tried-and-True Blueprint for Raising Taxes | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Japan official sacked over fake funeral claims | Business Insider
- Stunning drone video captures the beauty of Canada's oil province | Business Insider
- Slack, the chatting app for co-workers that's worth more than $1 billion, has been hacked | Business Insider
- REPORT: Greece's crucial reform list is finally finished | Business Insider
- Cheap petrol is sending British retail spending through the roof | Business Insider
- Beats knew Miley Cyrus' twerk was going to happen weeks before the VMAs aired | Business Insider