We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Canadian Patriot Act Arrives: Ottawa To Give Security Agencies More "Detention And Surveillance" Powers | ZeroHedge
- The Investing World In 10 Objects | ZeroHedge
- It Will Take 398,879,561 Years To Pay Off The US Government's Debt | ZeroHedge
- What’re You Doing with That Hammer? | iBankCoin.com
- Meanwhile, This Is Who Is Quietly Buying All The Cheap Oil | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Is This the Beginning of a New Bear Market? Important Signs to Watch | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Analysts Grill Janus Capital on 'Bond King' Bill Gross' Impact | TheStreet.com
- Facebook's Newest App Wants To Make Old-School Internet Forums Sexy... | Business Insider
- 3 Ways To Become A CEO Before You Turn 30 | Business Insider
- Use These Tips To Be Happier At Work | Business Insider
- NBA Assistant Coach Rips Kobe Bryant, Says He's Like Wizards-Era Michael Jordan Now... | Business Insider
- The 18 Most Cliché Halloween Costumes Of 2014 | Business Insider
- 10 Real Wall Street Stories That Should Be Movies | Business Insider