We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Watch Out for Your Eyeballs! | ZeroHedge
- Energy Sector Woes Continue to Weigh on Market as Risks of Default Increase | Financial Sense
- The Ruble (Trading) is Dead, Meet The New Ruble | ZeroHedge
- Greek Prime Minister Fails To Get Enough Votes To Elect President, Has Less Support Than Expected | ZeroHedge
- Crude Contagion Spreads To Investment Grade Credit: Spreads Burst To 14-Month Wides | ZeroHedge
- FOMC on deck, CPI in focus | ZeroHedge
- Russian Central Bank Releases 7 Measures It Will Take To Stabilize The Financial Sector | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here Are 3 Big Policy Changes In US-Cuba Relations | Business Insider
- The State Of The UK News Media: A Ranking Of Who's Flying And Who... | Business Insider
- Companies In These Countries Have The Most Exposure To Russia | Business Insider
- OIL IS SURGING (USO) | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Bank of America's 10 Top S&P 500 Stocks to Buy for 2015 | TheStreet.com