We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New DHS Emails Reveal Efforts To Rush Citizenship Grants "Due To Election" | ZeroHedge
- Charlotte Police To Release Dashcam, Body-Cam Footage Of Keith Scott's Death, Chief Says "Absolutely" Had A Gun | ZeroHedge
- "Hell To Pay" - The Final Condition For A Market Crash Is Falling Into Place | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Market Myth is Unraveling Before Our Eyes... A Bloodbath is Coming | ZeroHedge
- Most Dangerous Person On The Planet Today: Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices Rise Before Fed as Yen Defies Bank of Japan's Urgent New Inflation Plan | Financial Sense
- Manufacturing PMI Slides As New Orders And "Subdued Domestic Demand" Weigh On Growth Hopes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- 23 confusing men's clothing words that you deserve to know the... | Business Insider
- Where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on the opioid epidemic... | Business Insider
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- Tinder's sociologist reveals an easy way to get more... | Business Insider
- 10 facts reveal the absurdity of Pablo Escobar's wealth | Business Insider
- The 15 highest-paying jobs for people who want to work less than... | Business Insider