We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- Stocks Green Despite Big Blue; Greenback & Black Gold Red | ZeroHedge
- Post-Taper Tantrum II: The Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- The Commodities Trading Cheat-Sheet | ZeroHedge
- Three Of The Four JPMorgan "Market Bottom" Indicators Are All Flashing "Oversold" Green | ZeroHedge
- Why The Argentinean Situation Should Make You Buy Gold | ZeroHedge
- The Artists' Road To Serfdom: The Commoditization Of Creative Content | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Peyton Manning Is A Freak And Is Doing Things Never Seen Before At His Age | Business Insider
- Here's Exactly What To Say When Your Kid Asks, 'Are We Rich?' | Business Insider
- Starbucks Might Stop Spelling Your Name Wrong | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- THE DRONES REPORT: Commercial Aerial Drones Are Becoming A... | Business Insider
- Lady Gaga Reportedly Dropped $23 Million On This Insane Malibu Mansion With A Secret... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com