We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- USDJPY Surge Drags Nasdaq Green, Bonds Ain't Buying It (Again) | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Explains Why The "Scottish Referendum Gives Reasons To Be Hopeful" | ZeroHedge
- Not All Coffee is Bulletproof | iBankCoin.com
- PIMCO-ToTaL LiQuiDaTioN SaLe! | ZeroHedge
- Updating the Market “Tells” | iBankCoin.com
- "This Is What We Do" Warns 2nd Oklahoman ISIS-Supporter Arrested For Threatening To Behead Co-Worker | ZeroHedge
- I’VE WRITTEN ANOTHER TREATISE. PLEASE COME AND READ IT. | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- 'Simpsons' Fans Are Upset After 'Minor... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Russia's Chief Justice Advocates A Return To Serfdom | Business Insider
- Why Apple Pay May Have Finally Convinced eBay to Spin Off PayPal | TheStreet.com
- One Chart Shows How Solar Could Dominate Electricity In 30 Years | Business Insider
- Mortgage REITs Offer Great Yields, but Big Risks Remain | TheStreet.com