We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is The Chinese Firm Whose Cameras Took Down The Internet On Friday | ZeroHedge
- NYT Publishes A Complete List Of Donald Trump's Twitter Insults | ZeroHedge
- "Drain The Swamp" | ZeroHedge
- Trump "Truthers" Versus Hillary's "Hysterically Hyperventilating Hypocrites" | ZeroHedge
- December Rate Hike Considerations | Financial Sense
- Universities Ban Politically-Incorrect Halloween Costumes | ZeroHedge
- Shadows on the Cave Wall | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tesla could roll out its ride-sharing... | Business Insider
- How Google's self-driving car project rose from a crazy idea to a top... | Business Insider
- The psychological formula that Google uses to build the perfect team | Business Insider
- The government will make its airport... | Business Insider
- A startup cofounded by Michael Dell's brother Adam and backed... | Business Insider
- Violence is rising near the US-Mexico border — 'El... | Business Insider
- Here’s what AT&T would get from Time Warner | Business Insider