We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GDP Report Confirms Global Trade Is Crashing, And Why That Is Good News For Some | ZeroHedge
- Greece Owes $1.2 Billion To Drugmakers As Government Can No Longer Afford Basic Medical Supplies | ZeroHedge
- Introducing the Zero Labor Factory (90% Free Actually) | Financial Sense
- Greece Feigned Deal Progress, Launched Rumors To Avert Bank Run | ZeroHedge
- Do Not Show This Chart To Bank Of Japan Governor Kuroda | ZeroHedge
- Easy?! | Financial Sense
- U.S. Households Under Pressure: Stagnant Incomes, Rising Basic Expenses | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One CEO says these 3 'magic questions' make him a more... | Business Insider
- Mary Meeker just sounded a huge wake-up call about computer security | Business Insider
- Notable 52-... | StreetInsider.com
- European soccer head asked Sepp Blatter to resign, but he said no | Business Insider
- Google is laying the foundation for the future of virtual reality right now (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Step back 25 years in time to the gritty days of New York City's... | Business Insider
- Dollar soars to 124.25 yen, highest in more than 12 years... | Business Insider