We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
- Stoeferle: Helicopter Money Coming and It Will Boost Gold Market to New Highs | Financial Sense
- Market Hits Turbulence #BlackGoldMatters Again | ZeroHedge
- Left-Right Divide Explodes In Spitting, Swearing, Fight As Alex Jones Interrupts 'Young Turks' At RNC | ZeroHedge
- Erdogan Formally Requests Gulen Extradition From US, As Power At Incirlik Airbase Restored | ZeroHedge
- Former Fed Governor Admits "Fed Is Not Data Dependent; It Is Propping Up Asset Markets" | ZeroHedge
- Obama's America? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama issues point-by-point rebuttal to Trump's RNC speech | Business Insider
- Meet the 10 people who could be Hillary Clinton's running mate | Business Insider
- A 'Girls' star explains how $10,000 from a loan shark changed... | Business Insider
- The target date for Apple's car project has reportedly been pushed back (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Baristas pick the best food at Starbucks | Business Insider
- 11 Google projects that could change the world | Business Insider
- This is what sponsored Pokéstops look like in 'Pokémon GO... | Business Insider