We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fed Officials Come Looking for a Fight | Financial Sense
- Americans - The New Second-Class Citizens | ZeroHedge
- What the Greek Deal Does and Does Not Do | Financial Sense
- Federal Reserve Accidentally Admits It Is Causing Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Police In Riot Gear Arrest Anti-Trump Protesters In Anaheim | ZeroHedge
- Trump Decides He Won't Debate Bernie, Says "Inappropriate To Debate Second Place Finisher" | ZeroHedge
- Caption Contest: Spot The Odd G-7 Leader Out | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- India is quietly becoming a space exploration powerhouse | Business Insider
- The best whiskey bars in America | Business Insider
- Messaging apps are now bigger than social networks | Business Insider
- Three, the mobile carrier with 9 million customers in the UK, will block all... | Business Insider
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now | Business Insider
- Here's how much food it took to feed the crew of the USS Intrepid during WW2... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek