We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- He BLew THeM ALRiGHT... | ZeroHedge
- "We Are A Nation Built On The Rule Of Law" | ZeroHedge
- Global Economies Will Dictate Rate Hike Timing | Financial Sense
- Thankful For Inflation? Turkey Day Dinner Is Up 6,000% Since 1909 | ZeroHedge
- False Confidence Rising In The US | ZeroHedge
- China Manufacturing PMI and Output Back in Contraction | Financial Sense
- The American Dream Has Moved to Scandinavia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- An Air Force Plane Saved From The Scrap Heap Is Now In Iraq | Business Insider
- You Can Get One Of The Best Android Phones In The World Basically For Free... | Business Insider
- Uber's Android App May Be Collecting An Alarming Amount Of Your Personal Data... | Business Insider
- Aaron Rodgers Watches Packers TV Broadcasts To Look For Weaknesses In His Game | Business Insider
- British trio on brink of Europa League knockout phase | Business Insider
- The Top 10 Holiday Toys for Boys: What Parents Are Buying | TheStreet.com