We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jack Lew's Worst Nightmare - China's Currency Should Be 20% 'Weaker' | ZeroHedge
- Ferguson Tonight: Nelly, The Negro Spring, Live Fire From Protesters' Direction, Police Unleash Tear Gas, Flash-Bangs - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Dilbert Explains The Tech Bubble With A Cartoon... From 1996 | ZeroHedge
- Ferguson Curfew Cancelled As National Guard Arrives; Holder Demands To "Remove The Damn Tanks" | ZeroHedge
- QE Will Come to the Eurozone – and, Like Elsewhere, It Will Be a Failure | Financial Sense
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Guest Post: Obama's Frightening Ferguson Fiasco | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 Stocks Spiking on Big Volume | TheStreet.com
- UK Police Investigated For Social Media Misuse: One Cop Asked A Crime... | Business Insider
- APPLE $100 (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here Are 10 Cities Where Living Standards Are Crumbling | Business Insider
- Google's Former Executive Chef Is Creating 'The Easiest Way To Eat Well... | Business Insider
- Shares Of The Company That Makes Wearable Police Cameras Go Bonkers Again (TASR... | Business Insider
- LeBron James' Agent Was A 21-Year-Old Selling Jerseys Out Of The Trunk Of His Car When He... | Business Insider