We get the Bounce on AMD
Goldman Sachs (GS) raised its rating Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) to 'Neutral' from 'Sell' today. Its the first time Goldman has upgraded AMD in more than 5 years. Mastery believed AMD was ready for a bounce last week and we only had to wait a few trading sessions for it to happen.
Before you go and sell the house and load up on AMD. Take a gander at the mixed bag review from Goldman, its not all roses.
StreetInsider.com has the 411 on the Goldman move:
While off its Sell list, Goldman is far from positive. The gist of their upgrade lies in the fact that the shares have pulled back significantly and their very negative view of its 2H12 results is now shared by the Street. They simply don't see a near-term catalyst for an additional decline.
Goldman said their Neutral rating is "tactical" and they still see Intel (INTC) as being better positioned than AMD in the high-end.
Goldman cut their 12-month price target to $3.50 from $4.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Overnight Manufacturing PMI Euphoria Boosts Futures To Fresh Record Highs | ZeroHedge
- Europe – Here is What the Wealthy are Doing | ZeroHedge
- There Will Be No Warning When the Next Crisis Hits | ZeroHedge
- My 1,001st Post – It’s About BAS | iBankCoin.com
- How High is High? (To Whom?) | Financial Sense
- "He Who Makes The Rules Never Goes To Jail For Breaking Them" | ZeroHedge
- Housing Starts Plunge Due to Horrific Data From the South | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Goldman Sachs Just Downgraded Stocks (SPX, SPY, QQQ, DIA, IWM) | Business Insider
- This Could Be The Beginning Of A Revolt Against Hedge Funds | Business Insider
- We Went To A Bunch Of AT&T Stores To See How Amazon's New Fire... | Business Insider
- These 6 Maps Reveal The Most Important Values Of People Around The World | Business Insider
- Take A Visual Tour Of Apple's New 'Yosemite' Operating System For... | Business Insider
- Jerry Seinfeld Says He's Working On A Deal To Bring 'Seinfeld... | Business Insider
- Jim Chanos Has A Whole New Reason For Going Dark On China | Business Insider