Going back to the Dumpster (NOK, AMD, RIMM)
Mastery goes back to the trash a month later and finds the big winner of our 'Dumpster Dive Stocks' is Nokia (NOK) up more than 70%. Not doing well are shares of AMD (AMD) and Research in Motion (RIMM). However AMD should not be left in the garbage but RIM is nothing but rubbish.
ONE MONTH LATER
Recall we recommended Nokia (NOK) in July, that bet has paid off in spades going from $1.80 to today's price of $3.07. AMD continues to get killed, now its down to $3.80 from its $5 level in July. Since mid March AMD shares have tanked more than 50%. Its a ton of money for AMD with a loss of more than $2.9 billion in market cap. RIM is useless and we won't waste another word on the stock.
AMD NEEDS HELP
The pain continues for AMD with S&P lowering its debt rating earlier this month after the company announced a $300M debt offering. PC sales are down and competitor Nvidia (NVDA) continues to slice away at AMD's margins. Since the July conference call AMD has sunk to a new 12 month low on a weekly basis. There's much to fear as AMD expects Q3 growth to be between -4% to 2% (that's right, negative 4% at the bottom). To bet on AMD now is to take a leap of faith. The question is when will it hit bottom and attract buying interest? Mastery would rather be early to the comeback party than late.
MASTERY Bottom line:
NOK has raged back, take some off the table if you placed the bet in July. AMD is worth a small position at this point. RIM should be left in the dumpster.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Law, as given to Moses by The God of Abraham, The God Israel, The God of Christianity, and The God of Islam | ZeroHedge
- Turkish Lira Tumbles To Record Low As Government Questions Central Bank's Patriotism | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 27 | ZeroHedge
- "Massive Mis-Governance" - Q4 Obliterates The Case For QE And ZIRP | ZeroHedge
- Meet Linebarger - The Government's Biggest Private Debt Collector | ZeroHedge
- Obama Decrees Ban On Ammo For The Most Popular Rifle In America | ZeroHedge
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Rules of the Game | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Why you will never be able to invest like Warren Buffett | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- John Boehner just weighed in on the viral dress photo | Business Insider
- Ukraine conflict at 'crossroads' as troop... | Business Insider
- Here comes GDP ... | Business Insider
- 15 successful entrepreneurs share the most important lesson they learned in... | Business Insider