Going back to the Dumpster (NOK, AMD, RIMM)
Mastery goes back to the trash a month later and finds the big winner of our 'Dumpster Dive Stocks' is Nokia (NOK) up more than 70%. Not doing well are shares of AMD (AMD) and Research in Motion (RIMM). However AMD should not be left in the garbage but RIM is nothing but rubbish.
ONE MONTH LATER
Recall we recommended Nokia (NOK) in July, that bet has paid off in spades going from $1.80 to today's price of $3.07. AMD continues to get killed, now its down to $3.80 from its $5 level in July. Since mid March AMD shares have tanked more than 50%. Its a ton of money for AMD with a loss of more than $2.9 billion in market cap. RIM is useless and we won't waste another word on the stock.
AMD NEEDS HELP
The pain continues for AMD with S&P lowering its debt rating earlier this month after the company announced a $300M debt offering. PC sales are down and competitor Nvidia (NVDA) continues to slice away at AMD's margins. Since the July conference call AMD has sunk to a new 12 month low on a weekly basis. There's much to fear as AMD expects Q3 growth to be between -4% to 2% (that's right, negative 4% at the bottom). To bet on AMD now is to take a leap of faith. The question is when will it hit bottom and attract buying interest? Mastery would rather be early to the comeback party than late.
MASTERY Bottom line:
NOK has raged back, take some off the table if you placed the bet in July. AMD is worth a small position at this point. RIM should be left in the dumpster.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: March 28 | ZeroHedge
- Italian Officials Call For Investigation Of George Soros Supported NGO Migrant Fleet | ZeroHedge
- "They're Baaack! And Why You Should Be Worried – Very Worried" | ZeroHedge
- These Democrats Seem To Really Want A War With Russia | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Say You Haven't Been Warned" | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns OPEC Production Cut Extension Will Backfire, Result In Lower Prices | ZeroHedge
- Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GameStop exec says the Nintendo Switch will have supply issues until 2018... | Business Insider
- Here's what the charts say about the British pound as Theresa May gets... | Business Insider
- Trump is trying to eviscerate Obama's legacy on the... | Business Insider
- France's far right candidate Le Pen says she... | Business Insider
- 22 clothing items every man should own before he turns 30 | Business Insider
- Blue Apron's co-founder reveals the best recipe he's ever tried | Business Insider
- Syria threatens Scud missile strikes if Israeli airstrikes... | Business Insider