Going back to the Dumpster (NOK, AMD, RIMM)
Mastery goes back to the trash a month later and finds the big winner of our 'Dumpster Dive Stocks' is Nokia (NOK) up more than 70%. Not doing well are shares of AMD (AMD) and Research in Motion (RIMM). However AMD should not be left in the garbage but RIM is nothing but rubbish.
ONE MONTH LATER
Recall we recommended Nokia (NOK) in July, that bet has paid off in spades going from $1.80 to today's price of $3.07. AMD continues to get killed, now its down to $3.80 from its $5 level in July. Since mid March AMD shares have tanked more than 50%. Its a ton of money for AMD with a loss of more than $2.9 billion in market cap. RIM is useless and we won't waste another word on the stock.
AMD NEEDS HELP
The pain continues for AMD with S&P lowering its debt rating earlier this month after the company announced a $300M debt offering. PC sales are down and competitor Nvidia (NVDA) continues to slice away at AMD's margins. Since the July conference call AMD has sunk to a new 12 month low on a weekly basis. There's much to fear as AMD expects Q3 growth to be between -4% to 2% (that's right, negative 4% at the bottom). To bet on AMD now is to take a leap of faith. The question is when will it hit bottom and attract buying interest? Mastery would rather be early to the comeback party than late.
MASTERY Bottom line:
NOK has raged back, take some off the table if you placed the bet in July. AMD is worth a small position at this point. RIM should be left in the dumpster.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Goes For Hillary's Jugular: Releases Video Featuring Bill Clinton Rape Accusers | ZeroHedge
- Switzerland Prepares To Vote On "Free Lunch" For Everyone | ZeroHedge
- Hillary In Trouble: State Department Says Clinton Did Not Comply With Federal Record Policies | ZeroHedge
- Hacker Who Got Inside Hillary Clinton's Server Said To Cooperate Fully With Ongoing Email Investigation | ZeroHedge
- De-Petrodollar-ization Esclates - China Imports Record Amount Of Russian Oil In April | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 24 | ZeroHedge
- Davidowitz: Retailers in 'Survival Mode' as Headwinds Multiply | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Columbia law professor shreds the 'don't ask, don't tell'... | Business Insider
- AT&T just took a big step to maintain its lead in wireless... | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook reveals the Apple Watch's 'holy... | Business Insider
- The 20 safest airlines in the world | Business Insider
- This is the best any 'Final Fantasy' game has ever looked | Business Insider
- The VA Secretary compared veterans’ waits for care to ride waits at Disney | Business Insider
- Teachers in Maine say iPads 'provide no educational function in the classroom... | Business Insider