Going back to the Dumpster (NOK, AMD, RIMM)
Mastery goes back to the trash a month later and finds the big winner of our 'Dumpster Dive Stocks' is Nokia (NOK) up more than 70%. Not doing well are shares of AMD (AMD) and Research in Motion (RIMM). However AMD should not be left in the garbage but RIM is nothing but rubbish.
ONE MONTH LATER
Recall we recommended Nokia (NOK) in July, that bet has paid off in spades going from $1.80 to today's price of $3.07. AMD continues to get killed, now its down to $3.80 from its $5 level in July. Since mid March AMD shares have tanked more than 50%. Its a ton of money for AMD with a loss of more than $2.9 billion in market cap. RIM is useless and we won't waste another word on the stock.
AMD NEEDS HELP
The pain continues for AMD with S&P lowering its debt rating earlier this month after the company announced a $300M debt offering. PC sales are down and competitor Nvidia (NVDA) continues to slice away at AMD's margins. Since the July conference call AMD has sunk to a new 12 month low on a weekly basis. There's much to fear as AMD expects Q3 growth to be between -4% to 2% (that's right, negative 4% at the bottom). To bet on AMD now is to take a leap of faith. The question is when will it hit bottom and attract buying interest? Mastery would rather be early to the comeback party than late.
MASTERY Bottom line:
NOK has raged back, take some off the table if you placed the bet in July. AMD is worth a small position at this point. RIM should be left in the dumpster.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- CPI Remains Stubbornly High as Yellen's "Noise" Won't Go Away | ZeroHedge
- A Great Period of Annihilation | iBankCoin.com
- Forget Global Geopolitical Chaos, S&P 500 Surges To All-Time Record High As Gold Slides | ZeroHedge
- With ISIS Now Controlling 35% Of Syria And Most Of Its Oil Fields, Iraq Issues An Ultimatum To The US | ZeroHedge
- Testing Out the Booths at the Market’s Summer Fair | iBankCoin.com
- How Effective Have The Fed's QE Programs Been? | ZeroHedge
- Rising Wages Where? Real Wages Post First Annual Decline Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Giant Credit Card Industry Is Bracing For Massive Disruption —... | Business Insider
- Here’s What Happens When The iPhone 6 Meets Sandpaper (Hint: It's Not Good) | Business Insider
- Herbalife Plummets (HLF) | Business Insider
- Cinnabon President Kat Cole Shares Her Best Advice For Getting Ahead | Business Insider
- MCDONALD'S SALES AND EARNINGS MISS (MCD) | Business Insider
- Verizon Is Making More Money Per Customer Than Any Other Carrier In The US (VZ, TMUS... | Business Insider
- Landscaping Entrepreneur Explains How Focusing Helped Him Grow Revenue 1400%... | Business Insider