Going back to the Dumpster (NOK, AMD, RIMM)
Mastery goes back to the trash a month later and finds the big winner of our 'Dumpster Dive Stocks' is Nokia (NOK) up more than 70%. Not doing well are shares of AMD (AMD) and Research in Motion (RIMM). However AMD should not be left in the garbage but RIM is nothing but rubbish.
ONE MONTH LATER
Recall we recommended Nokia (NOK) in July, that bet has paid off in spades going from $1.80 to today's price of $3.07. AMD continues to get killed, now its down to $3.80 from its $5 level in July. Since mid March AMD shares have tanked more than 50%. Its a ton of money for AMD with a loss of more than $2.9 billion in market cap. RIM is useless and we won't waste another word on the stock.
AMD NEEDS HELP
The pain continues for AMD with S&P lowering its debt rating earlier this month after the company announced a $300M debt offering. PC sales are down and competitor Nvidia (NVDA) continues to slice away at AMD's margins. Since the July conference call AMD has sunk to a new 12 month low on a weekly basis. There's much to fear as AMD expects Q3 growth to be between -4% to 2% (that's right, negative 4% at the bottom). To bet on AMD now is to take a leap of faith. The question is when will it hit bottom and attract buying interest? Mastery would rather be early to the comeback party than late.
MASTERY Bottom line:
NOK has raged back, take some off the table if you placed the bet in July. AMD is worth a small position at this point. RIM should be left in the dumpster.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Mad Stewards of Gondor | Financial Sense
- America's National Debt Bomb Caused By The Welfare State | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of Japan Intervention Sends USDJPY Soaring | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Admits Fed Is Evaluating Possibility Of Negative Rates | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Makes "Final" Decision To Send Troops To Syria As US, Russia Spar Over Aleppo Strikes | ZeroHedge
- JPM's Kolanovic Warns Upcoming Recession Could Be Comparable To 2008 Crisis; Says "Buy Gold, Cash And VIX" | ZeroHedge
- The End Is Nigh For Europe As Officials Mull 2 Year Schengen "Suspension" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This infographic shows how long it took 22 of the world's... | Business Insider
- Facebook has spent billions of dollars on investments — and it's just getting started | Business Insider
- Millions in Korea are obsessed with these revolutionary comics — now they're going global | Business Insider
- Your next apartment could come with a 'smart lock' installed | Business Insider
- Investors are pouring money into drone startups | Business Insider
- Go inside the factory where waffle cones are made | Business Insider
- NASA just released a jaw-dropping 360 degree photo that makes you feel like... | Business Insider