Going back to the Dumpster (NOK, AMD, RIMM)
Mastery goes back to the trash a month later and finds the big winner of our 'Dumpster Dive Stocks' is Nokia (NOK) up more than 70%. Not doing well are shares of AMD (AMD) and Research in Motion (RIMM). However AMD should not be left in the garbage but RIM is nothing but rubbish.
ONE MONTH LATER
Recall we recommended Nokia (NOK) in July, that bet has paid off in spades going from $1.80 to today's price of $3.07. AMD continues to get killed, now its down to $3.80 from its $5 level in July. Since mid March AMD shares have tanked more than 50%. Its a ton of money for AMD with a loss of more than $2.9 billion in market cap. RIM is useless and we won't waste another word on the stock.
AMD NEEDS HELP
The pain continues for AMD with S&P lowering its debt rating earlier this month after the company announced a $300M debt offering. PC sales are down and competitor Nvidia (NVDA) continues to slice away at AMD's margins. Since the July conference call AMD has sunk to a new 12 month low on a weekly basis. There's much to fear as AMD expects Q3 growth to be between -4% to 2% (that's right, negative 4% at the bottom). To bet on AMD now is to take a leap of faith. The question is when will it hit bottom and attract buying interest? Mastery would rather be early to the comeback party than late.
MASTERY Bottom line:
NOK has raged back, take some off the table if you placed the bet in July. AMD is worth a small position at this point. RIM should be left in the dumpster.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Get Paid Fighting Against Trump" - Ads Across American Cities Reportedly Offer Money To Inauguration Agitators | ZeroHedge
- US Oil and Gas Jobs See First Gains in 2 Years | Financial Sense
- What Wage Inflation? Real Average Weekly Earnings Growth Plunges To Weakest In 30 Months | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn Explains How He Is Trading The "Trump Presidency" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Unsure As Huge Gasoline Inventory Build Offsets Crude Draw | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Beats, Profits Surge As Trading Revenues Jump; Average Banker Comp Hits $338,600 | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Challenge of 2017 Directly Ahead for Gold, Stocks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump's pick for the top US healthcare role got hammered for shady investments into... | Business Insider
- Theranos just made another major leadership change | Business Insider
- THE CHATBOT MONETIZATION REPORT: Sizing the market, key... | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley cuts Apple estimates and predicts an... | Business Insider
- The 5 hardest things about retiring before 50, according to people who did it | Business Insider
- Wall Street is witnessing a 'third wave of... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank is scrapping bonuses for senior employees... | Business Insider