Going back to the Dumpster (NOK, AMD, RIMM)
Mastery goes back to the trash a month later and finds the big winner of our 'Dumpster Dive Stocks' is Nokia (NOK) up more than 70%. Not doing well are shares of AMD (AMD) and Research in Motion (RIMM). However AMD should not be left in the garbage but RIM is nothing but rubbish.
ONE MONTH LATER
Recall we recommended Nokia (NOK) in July, that bet has paid off in spades going from $1.80 to today's price of $3.07. AMD continues to get killed, now its down to $3.80 from its $5 level in July. Since mid March AMD shares have tanked more than 50%. Its a ton of money for AMD with a loss of more than $2.9 billion in market cap. RIM is useless and we won't waste another word on the stock.
AMD NEEDS HELP
The pain continues for AMD with S&P lowering its debt rating earlier this month after the company announced a $300M debt offering. PC sales are down and competitor Nvidia (NVDA) continues to slice away at AMD's margins. Since the July conference call AMD has sunk to a new 12 month low on a weekly basis. There's much to fear as AMD expects Q3 growth to be between -4% to 2% (that's right, negative 4% at the bottom). To bet on AMD now is to take a leap of faith. The question is when will it hit bottom and attract buying interest? Mastery would rather be early to the comeback party than late.
MASTERY Bottom line:
NOK has raged back, take some off the table if you placed the bet in July. AMD is worth a small position at this point. RIM should be left in the dumpster.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Competitive Theories: “Deflation Warning” vs. “Inflation Is Nearly Everywhere” | Financial Sense
- Putin Defiant, Lashes Out At West, Tells Russians Economy May Stay Weak For Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Join Three Pro Traders for a Live Education Session Monday Night! | FundMyMutualFund
- FOMC has Spoken... What Now for the Markets? | ZeroHedge
- Epic Bot Fraud: Up To 50% Of All Publisher Traffic Is From Fake Clicks; Billions In Ad Revenue At Risk | ZeroHedge
- Santa Yellen Arrives: Stock Buying-Panic Sparks Biggest Short Squeeze In Over 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- Preliminary Michigan Consumer Sentiment for December Surges | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- PIMCO: Here's What Ben Bernanke Told Us About 2015 | Business Insider
- Warming leads to more run-ins with polar bears | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- DraftKings' $1 Billion Fantasy Momentum Could Mean a Big IPO in 2016 | TheStreet.com
- Here's What Doctors Really Think About The Most Controversial... | Business Insider
- It Looks Like George Osborne Is Going To Miss... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, ORCL) | Business Insider