Going back to the Dumpster (NOK, AMD, RIMM)
Mastery goes back to the trash a month later and finds the big winner of our 'Dumpster Dive Stocks' is Nokia (NOK) up more than 70%. Not doing well are shares of AMD (AMD) and Research in Motion (RIMM). However AMD should not be left in the garbage but RIM is nothing but rubbish.
ONE MONTH LATER
Recall we recommended Nokia (NOK) in July, that bet has paid off in spades going from $1.80 to today's price of $3.07. AMD continues to get killed, now its down to $3.80 from its $5 level in July. Since mid March AMD shares have tanked more than 50%. Its a ton of money for AMD with a loss of more than $2.9 billion in market cap. RIM is useless and we won't waste another word on the stock.
AMD NEEDS HELP
The pain continues for AMD with S&P lowering its debt rating earlier this month after the company announced a $300M debt offering. PC sales are down and competitor Nvidia (NVDA) continues to slice away at AMD's margins. Since the July conference call AMD has sunk to a new 12 month low on a weekly basis. There's much to fear as AMD expects Q3 growth to be between -4% to 2% (that's right, negative 4% at the bottom). To bet on AMD now is to take a leap of faith. The question is when will it hit bottom and attract buying interest? Mastery would rather be early to the comeback party than late.
MASTERY Bottom line:
NOK has raged back, take some off the table if you placed the bet in July. AMD is worth a small position at this point. RIM should be left in the dumpster.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Atlantic Divergence in Monetary Policy as US Economy Outpaces EU | Financial Sense
- Democrats In Turmoil: DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz Resigns After Wikileaks Revelations | ZeroHedge
- Caterpillar Retail Sales Decline For 43 Consecutive Months | ZeroHedge
- "Don't Panic" German Minister Urges Population, Claims Surge In Attacks Has "No Link To Merkel Refugee Policy" | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: Verizon To Acquire Yahoo Core Assets For $4.8 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts Warns "Armageddon Approaches" After German Leak | ZeroHedge
- Acampora: With Rates at These Levels, Stocks May Have Years Left to Run | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These people are more likely to fall for reverse psychology | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- 8 books Tony Robbins thinks everyone should read | Business Insider
- The next 'Thor' movie had no official footage at Comic-Con, so it did something... | Business Insider
- Bulgaria says Russia's violations... | Business Insider
- DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will resign after the Democratic... | Business Insider
- Here's why keyboards aren't arranged in alphabetical order | Business Insider