A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Notes on Russia | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank: "People Are Talking About Helicopter Money And Debt Cancellation Being The End Game" | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets During Thanksgiving Week | ZeroHedge
- Veteran S&P Futures Trader: "I Am 100% Confident That Central Banks Are Buying S&P Futures" | ZeroHedge
- Politics is Economics in the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reason Why The Netherlands Repatriated Its Gold | ZeroHedge
- NATO Jets Surrounding Russia: Before And After | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- No Country Comes Close To Buying Back Stock Like The US | Business Insider
- Here Are Some New Details On The Sequel To The Hottest Android Phone Of The Year | Business Insider
- Australia beat South Africa, win ODI series 4-1 | Business Insider
- The 13 Best Custom iPhones Money Can Buy (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Netanyahu warns of 'grave mistake' if... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek