A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Analysis - Keep Your Cool (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Socialism & The Battle Of Ideas | ZeroHedge
- Here's What Julian Assange Thinks About Voting For Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- NWO (revisited again and again)... | ZeroHedge
- Retail Sales Beat Expectations, Control Group Rises Most Since May Delaying "Fed Relent" | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Greece, It's Italy's Turn - George Friedman Sounds the Alarm on European Banking Crisis | Financial Sense
- The Hidden Agenda Behind Saudi Arabia’s Market Share Strategy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Pentagon considers these North Korean mobile... | Business Insider
- Man confronts Donald Trump: Could you look at refugee children 'in the face... | Business Insider
- There’s one huge character missing from all the new ‘Game of Thrones’ photos... | Business Insider
- Here are the hedge funds that are dominating in 2016 | Business Insider
- If you're new to coding, this is the programming language... | Business Insider
- Leaked documents shed light on sexual assault... | Business Insider
- 'PROJECT PANIC': Pro-EU campaigners' secret... | Business Insider