A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Richmond Fed Confirms Weakest Economic Trend Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela’s Inflation: The Wall Street Journal’s Reportage is Off, Way Off | ZeroHedge
- Buy... And Hold On! The Chart That Your Wealth Manager Does Not Want You To See | ZeroHedge
- Politicians, NATO Officials Furious As Spain Plans To Refuel Russian Battle Group | ZeroHedge
- Russia Unveils First Images Of Nuclear Missile Capable Of Reaching US Soil | ZeroHedge
- Trump Says He'd Love To Fight "Mr. Tough Guy" After Joe Biden's "Behind The Gym" Threats | ZeroHedge
- The Undercurrent of Currency Issues | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Incredible photos show San Francisco's 'startup district' before the tech... | Business Insider
- Over 100 billion pounds of food is wasted each year in the... | Business Insider
- A Stanford professor explains how to persuade someone to change their mind... | Business Insider
- We talked to a sleep scientist about the 3 best habits for healthy, restful sleep | Business Insider
- The first official 'Gilmore Girls' trailer is finally here and it looks better than ever | Business Insider
- Apple sold 45.5 million iPhones last quarter (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Ron Howard weighs in on Tom Hanks' 'SNL' impression of the... | Business Insider