A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can Hillary Be Trusted? Campaign Says We'll Just Have To Elect Her To Find Out | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Ignores Nation's "Anxiety & Fear"; No Change To Open-Door Migration Policy | ZeroHedge
- Sovereign Debt Downgrades Accelerate in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Chicago PMI 'Steady' At 18-Month Highs Despite Drop In Production, New Orders | ZeroHedge
- Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta; Until You Get Sentenced To 21 Months In Federal Prison | ZeroHedge
- Steve Wynn: Trump Vs Hillary Is A Distraction From The Real Problem, Which Ends With "Wheelbarrows Full Of Money" | ZeroHedge
- Whose Lives Matter? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TJ Maxx has already knocked out Macy's, Nordstrom, and JCPenney — and now it... | Business Insider
- China claims it has discovered the world's largest hole, and it's in one... | Business Insider
- Pokémon Go just lost a key feature and players are getting frustrated | Business Insider
- Robo-advisors have a $2 trillion opportunity in front of them | Business Insider
- Manchester United has reportedly agreed to pay record $125 million transfer... | Business Insider
- Here’s why you probably won’t see any Marvel TV characters in... | Business Insider
- Venmo is expanding to more third-party apps to fend... | Business Insider