A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Company Issues Press Release To Report Its Market Cap Hits $1 Billion | ZeroHedge
- Don't Be Fooled. The Trump Rally Is Not A Sign Of Economic Health | ZeroHedge
- Dutch Anti-Islam Politician Geert Wilders Convicted Of Insulting, Inciting Discrimination Against Moroccans | ZeroHedge
- Satellite Imagery Reveals Sharp Retail Spending Slowdown After The Election | ZeroHedge
- It Is Always About Money (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Krugman's Latest Twitter Meltdown Lays Out Democrats' Next Steps | ZeroHedge
- Extending Lifespans and Healthspans May Be Closer Than You Think | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Vets ask Obama to pardon thousands of ex-soldiers with 'bad... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- THE EVERYTHING SHIPPER: Amazon and the new age of delivery (... | Business Insider
- Mercedes, Audi, and BMW have a new cash cow that's turning... | Business Insider
- Google, Facebook, and other tech titans team up for VR (GOOG, FB,... | Business Insider
- A crucial pass by Derek Carr against the Chiefs fell incomplete when the ball appeared to hit the wire of... | Business Insider
- Texans aren't spending like they used to | Business Insider