A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Many Stock Market Top Boxes Have Been Checked? | Financial Sense
- 20 Stunning Facts On The US Retail Apocalypse | ZeroHedge
- Can the Renminbi Become an International Currency? | Financial Sense
- 50% Profit Growth and Historical Realities | Financial Sense
- Gold Price “Will Probably Test $1400” as Crimea Moves to Quit Ukraine | Financial Sense
- Futures Fail To Rally On Lack Of Yen Carry Levitation | ZeroHedge
- The Iranian "Stolen Passport" Passenger Plot Thickens | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Only Photo You Need From South By Southwest | Business Insider
- My High School No Longer Holds Dances Because Students... | Business Insider
- Netflix Revenues Are Closing In... | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Describes His Life-Changing First Encounter With Carl Sagan... | Business Insider
- Why Harry Reid Wants Me To Stop Reading The Budget | Business Insider
- There's A Major Software Update For Your iPhone You Need To Get Right Now | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com