A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Stocks Extend Yesterday's Plunge Despite Regulators "Asking" Insurers To Stop "Net Sales" | ZeroHedge
- Least Transparent Ever: IRS Used "Wholly Separate" Message System To Hide Communications | ZeroHedge
- Top Factors Undermining Any Oil Price Recovery | ZeroHedge
- US Housing Market Heating Up | Financial Sense
- Your “Concern” Is Reassuring | iBankCoin.com
- The Summation Of All Fears | ZeroHedge
- VIX "Flash-Crashes" To 11 Handle After Dovish Fed Statement | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People in Japan eat more... | Business Insider
- Ace helps Ishikawa grab share of National lead | Business Insider
- Barclays: Risk is back | Business Insider
- An accused Russian spy tried to get his charges dropped but... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (TWTR, FB, YELP,... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump: 'I'll ride into the sunset' if my campaign tanks | Business Insider
- This robotic arm draws almost as well as a human artist — because it... | Business Insider