A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek Prostitution Soars By 150% As Youth Unempoyment Hits 75% In Some Areas | ZeroHedge
- Executive Sweet? | Financial Sense
- 180 Seconds After The FOMC Release, Hilsenrath Parses Fed Minutes | ZeroHedge
- What Could End the Rally in U.S. High-Yield Credit? | Financial Sense
- So You Want To Work In JPMorgan's Legendary Gold Vault? This Is Your Chance | ZeroHedge
- Bernanke KIKs the Can | ZeroHedge
- Global Assured Destruction, Or How Bernanke Now Holds The Entire World Hostage | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The Selection Order For The NBA Draft | Business Insider
- AWESOME PLACES TO WORK: These Startups Have Better Perks Than... | Business Insider
- Florida Man Captures Longest Python Ever In A Fight To The Death | Business Insider
- Here's What The Stock Market's 6 Categories Of Investors Are Doing Right Now | Business Insider
- Next Year's English Premier League Champion Could Make $150 Million From TV... | Business Insider
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: SAVE GILD BMY HTA TSLA | TheStreet.com
- Jim Boeheim Says Carmelo Anthony Can't Win A Title With This Knicks Squad... | Business Insider