A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump`s Deficit Spending Plan Will Bankrupt United States | ZeroHedge
- Kim Jong Nam Assassination Caught On Tape | ZeroHedge
- The Unthinkable Just Happened In Spain | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Stunning Truth About How Students Are Spending Loan Cash | ZeroHedge
- UK Police Chief: Former British PM Was HUGE Pedo, Establishment Covered Up | ZeroHedge
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
- "Bucket Economics" For Global Macro Investing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The best iPhone 7 cases for every type of person | Business Insider
- The head of UBS' investment bank wants to set the record straight (UBS) | Business Insider
- Why this startup built a grocery store filled with fake... | Business Insider
- This is the greatest Corvette ever — and it's only $70,000 (GM) | Business Insider
- A social psychologist explains why Tinder is so ‘... | Business Insider
- Iraqi forces launch a fresh offensive in Mosul | Business Insider
- The new era of payment processing will change everything | Business Insider