A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Case Shiller Reports "Broad-Based Slowdown For Home Prices", First Monthly Decrease Since November 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Auto Loan Delinquencies Surge 18% Among Young Americans | ZeroHedge
- As the ‘Sanctions War’ Heats Up, Will Putin Play His Gold Card? | Financial Sense
- And The Award For "Americans' Favorite Government Agency" Goes To... | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 24, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- China Manufacturing PMI and Output Back in Contraction | Financial Sense
- Artist's Impression Of The Obama Branches Of Government | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How One Of The Richest Teams In College Football Spends Its Money | Business Insider
- Check Out The Incredible Armored Trains Of World War I And World War II | Business Insider
- Saudi sights set on US shale at crucial OPEC meeting | Business Insider
- Bomb rocks busy market in Nigeria's Maiduguri:... | Business Insider
- How iOS 8 Completely Changed The Way You Use Your iPhone | Business Insider
- New Home Sales Climb | Business Insider
- Here's The New Actor Who Will Play Steve... | Business Insider