A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mysterious Chinese Buyer Of Record Crude Oil Cargoes Revealed | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Oil Residue The Size Of Rhode Island Covers Gulf Of Mexico Seafloor In Macondo Well Disaster Aftermath | ZeroHedge
- Biderman Blasts "Either Obama Is Ignorant, Or He Is Hiding The Truth" | ZeroHedge
- Nomi Prins: Why The Financial & Political System Failed And Stability Matters | ZeroHedge
- First Sell-Side Responses To FOMC Trickle In: "This Should Be A Risk Off Trade" | ZeroHedge
- Why Every Banker On Wall Street Suddenly Wants To Be Jefferies' Managing Director Sage Kelly | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- JPMorgan's $6.5 Billion Plan For A New NYC Headquarters Totally Fell Apart | Business Insider
- The Underground World Of Plant Theft Is More Massive Than You Think | Business Insider
- This 10-Year-Old Is Earning An Insane Amount To Star In Steven Spielberg... | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- Marvel unveils huge slate of new superhero films | Business Insider
- Orbital rocket explodes after launch | Business Insider
- The Group That Everyone Thought Wanted To Destroy Apple Pay Has Changed Its Tune (AAPL) | Business Insider