A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Be Careful What You Wish For, Police Body-Cam Edition | ZeroHedge
- Colonel Shaffer: "I Believe This is Much Worse Than Watergate" | ZeroHedge
- Alex Jones Acquiesces to Alefantis, Broadcasts Apology to Comet Ping Pong for Covering Pizzagate | ZeroHedge
- Spicer Takes The Stage As Nobody Knows Anything: Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Self-Driving Uber With Passenger Involved In Arizona Collision | ZeroHedge
- Erdogan: "As Long As They Call Me Dictator, I Will Call Them Fascists And Nazis" | ZeroHedge
- Nunes Calls Comey, Rogers For "Closed Session" After Finding "Concerning Info" In Intel Reports | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to measure the terrorism threat after the Westminster attack | Business Insider
- This is the first US delivery from Amazon’s drone publicly caught... | Business Insider
- We've known how to stop the 'Deaths of Despair' crisis... | Business Insider
- Apple just won a big victory in China | Business Insider
- Seth Meyers: Why the Republicans' Trumpcare push... | Business Insider
- The US added 400,000 millionaire households in 2016 | Business Insider
- What allegedly happens inside Scientology's notorious '... | Business Insider