A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Thinking about the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- Five Important Lessons Learned From The Scottish Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Four Places That Could Become Water Conflict Zones | Financial Sense
- Pentagon Prepares To Unveil Syria War Plans As "Broad Coalition" Crumbles | ZeroHedge
- Gauging the Height of the Bounce | iBankCoin.com
- Jack Ma: If You're Poor At 35, You Deserve It | ZeroHedge
- What Iraq Thinks: "It Is Obvious To Everyone That ISIS Is A Creation Of The United States And Israel" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We Are Pumping Carbon Into The Atmosphere At Increasing Rates — 2013 Set A... | Business Insider
- Samsung's New Metal Galaxy Phone, The Galaxy Alpha, Is Coming To AT&T... | Business Insider
- The Bengals Ran A Classic Trick Play To Perfection For A Touchdown | Business Insider
- Wall Street Has A New Worry Now That The Economy Is Recovering | Business Insider
- South Africa sets 'Nutcracker' in the Kalahari Desert... | Business Insider
- New York gears up for historic climate march | Business Insider
- US jury finds Arab Bank liable for backing terrorism | Business Insider