A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Winner-Take-All Economy | ZeroHedge
- Forget Geopolitical De-Escalation - Here's The Real Reason Why Oil Is Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- Spotting The Next Detroit - America's Fasting-Shrinking Cities | ZeroHedge
- Ready for Takeoff By a Southwest Airlines Good Ol’ Boy Pilot | iBankCoin.com
- As Argentina Peso Plummets To Record, BofA Warns Of Looming Economic Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Slams US Hegemony? "America Can't Solve All The World's Problems Anymore" | ZeroHedge
- Meet The LMCI - The Fed’s New Goal-Seeked, 19-Factor Labor Market Regression Rigmarole | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Smith & Wesson Shares Are Tanking (SWHC) | Business Insider
- This Story Perfectly Shows What An Astonishing Success Twitch Is (AMZN) | Business Insider
- People Who Want Scotland To Leave The UK Just Won A Huge Victory | Business Insider
- Rapper Reportedly Linked To James Foley Killing Once Made An... | Business Insider
- Australia's Ex-Foreign Minister: 'Swivel-Eyed Neo-Cons' Bankrupted... | Business Insider
- Ebola-hit Liberia fires absentee ministers | Business Insider
- I Rode A Folding Bike 475 Miles Across Iowa And It Was Some Of The Most Fun I've... | Business Insider