A123 Systems Fights for $1 Level
A123 Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:AONE) is barely trading above $1 a share. In the last 3 months its share price has tanked 37%.
Its been a rough go for shareholders of A123 Systems and it doesn't appear its going to get better any time soon. Recall a few years ago when A123 systems was going to change the world as we hoped electric cars using their batteries would rid the earth of its need for fossil fuels. In 2009 AONE was a $22 stock, fast forward to 2012 and the company is fighting for its survival.
May 31st AONE filed a harsh 8-K in which they worried about its mounting losses and cash burn "raise substantial doubt on the Company's ability to continue as a going concern." Management is trying to raise cash and is "evaluating other strategic alternatives," and is "in discussions with strategic partners for substantial investments."
Its a big risk for shareholders of A123 Systems and if the go Chapter 11 investors could be wiped out. AONE had $113 million in cash and equivalents as of March 31, down from $187 million three months earlier.
MASTERY Bottom line:
If you have the money to burn, now is the time to bet on A123 Systems. However its a significant risk if the company can keep going at this rate.
AONE shares got down to 82 cents in the last 12 months. Why not wait for that price again or cheaper if you really love this stock?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Tired Of The Expense Of Living Here" - Californians Continue To Leave State In Droves | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- S&P Futures Halted Limit Down As VIX Spikes Above 26 | ZeroHedge
- Pounded - Where Markets Lie Before The Open | ZeroHedge
- "See EU Later" - On The Front Covers Of UK Newspapers Today | ZeroHedge
- What Happened With LTCM Is Now Happening Across The Political And Economic World | ZeroHedge
- What Changed? Bernie Sanders Will Vote For Hillary, Less Than 24 Hours After Saying "No" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- US government warns of blockchain risks | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Global markets are in chaos after UK votes to leave EU (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT, GBPUSD, USD, GBP,... | Business Insider
- The characters of HBO's 'Silicon Valley' are inspired by real people... | Business Insider
- The US Navy just flexed its muscles in the world... | Business Insider