Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BUSTED! Twitter Caught Manipulating Tweets Of Former BlackRock Fund Manager Critical Of CIA and NSA | ZeroHedge
- Banks, Bonds, & Bullion Bid As Healthcare Hope Trumps Terror Attack Turmoil | ZeroHedge
- The Divided Deep State Is A Symptom, Not The Disease | ZeroHedge
- Confusion Over Identity Of London Terrorism Suspect, As Previously Named Abu Izzadeen Is Still In Prison | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Denies Trying To Shelve Study That Found $125 Billion In Waste | ZeroHedge
- How Solid are Canada’s Big Banks? | ZeroHedge
- Trump "Lowers Expectations" Ahead Of Critical Healthcare Vote | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This lingerie startup surveyed thousands of women to create the best-fitting bra... | Business Insider
- The Army is looking to use precision-guided... | Business Insider
- Don't bother using hot water to wash your clothes | Business Insider
- The NCAA issued a grim warning to North Carolina on the anniversary of its... | Business Insider
- Trump met with truckers to push 'Trumpcare' — and Twitter is going crazy over... | Business Insider
- These are the best sound bars you can buy | Business Insider
- A 'Star Wars' fan spliced the end of 'Rogue One' with the beginning of 'A... | Business Insider