Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Smuggling Increases 7x In India And Surpasses Illegal Drug Trade | ZeroHedge
- Millennials Abandon President; 57% Disapprove Of Obamacare "Unlikely To Enroll, Even If Eligible" | ZeroHedge
- Final Hour Update on Apple | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Stumble As VIX Hits 2-Month High | ZeroHedge
- Germany Clears Tesla Of Fire Probe…?? | iBankCoin.com
- ISM Services Miss (Lowest Since June) As Employment Plunges To 6-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- China’s Air-Defense Zone Ratchets Up Risk for Trade and Investment | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- George Clooney: Any Famous Person On Twitter 'Is A Moron... | Business Insider
- 2014 Will Be Filled With Political Landmines In The Emerging Markets | Business Insider
- An Oxford... | Business Insider
- Sitting At Work Is Deadly, So We Tried A Treadmill Desk | Business Insider
- Even After The Recent Spike, Healthcare.gov Is... | Business Insider
- UConn... | Business Insider
- High School QB Throws An Unbelievable... | Business Insider