Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Watch Live: John Kasich Announces End Of His Presidential Campaign | ZeroHedge
- Where Does The U.S. Get Its Oil? | ZeroHedge
- Breaking Down Warren Buffett's Rosy Outlook For America | ZeroHedge
- "Extremely Dangerous" IED Found Under Bridge In Texas | ZeroHedge
- The Implications of Sino-US Trade Tensions | Financial Sense
- Hillary Seeks Funds To "Save The World From Donald Trump" | ZeroHedge
- "Pakistan Is At Best A Frenemy" - Washington Pulls The Plug On Subsidizing F-16s For India's Neighbor | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- The 25 safest college campuses in America | Business Insider
- Most people aren't willing to pay even $1 a year to avoid mobile ads | Business Insider
- Prominent Harvard law professor: Students upset over Yale keeping slave owner... | Business Insider
- Researchers have kept lab-grown human embryos alive for longer than ever before | Business Insider
- Another region is joining in the fight to use genetically... | Business Insider
- Trump expects to raise $1 billion for the election | Business Insider