Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Renzi's Gamble Is Even Bigger Than Most Think | ZeroHedge
- What Happens When the Electricity Is Off for Three Days? | Financial Sense
- Chinese Politician Given Suspended Death Sentence After 200 Million Yuan In Cash Was Found In His Apartment | ZeroHedge
- Pathetic: Wells Fargo Steps Up Scandal Control With TV Ad Over Bogus Accounts | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Are Not Long Term Investment Vehicles (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Prepare For The Unthinkable | ZeroHedge
- Gold Market in Crisis, Risks Collapse: LBMA | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 hedge fund recruiters told us the hottest trends... | Business Insider
- THE DIGITAL REMITTANCE REPORT: The new platforms... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Violence is rising near the US-Mexico border — 'El... | Business Insider
- If you love technology, you need to watch 'Black Mirror' on Netflix | Business Insider
- Greece just got permission to be massively bailed out... | Business Insider
- 9 behind-the-scenes photos from the making of 'The Walking Dead' season... | Business Insider