Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- MacVLaDiMiR THe CaT | ZeroHedge
- Previewing The BOJ's Decision: What Wall Street Expects Will Happen | ZeroHedge
- Merkel Ignores Nation's "Anxiety & Fear"; No Change To Open-Door Migration Policy | ZeroHedge
- No ID, No Problem - Feds Overrule North Carolina Voting Rules As "Discriminatory" | ZeroHedge
- Russia To US: "Sort Out Your Own Hacking Scandal; It Is Not Our Headache" | ZeroHedge
- Another "Smoking Gun" Looms As Hillary Campaign Admits Server Hacked | ZeroHedge
- BoJ Turmoil: USDJPY Risk Explodes To Highest Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 30 high-paying jobs that don't require a bachelor's degree... | Business Insider
- This museum dedicated to ice cream is so popular it's sold out for the next month — here's what it'... | Business Insider
- Private equity's bet on retailers is proving to be a huge mistake | Business Insider
- Billionaire investor Howard Marks just dissed hedge fund 'geniuses' | Business Insider
- The creator of 'Pokémon GO' wants to shut down sites... | Business Insider
- Police in Belgium arrested 2 men suspected of planning an attack... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek