Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hillary Responds To Damaging State Department Report | ZeroHedge
- Cuddling and Egg McMuffins Show Economic Slowdown Underway | Financial Sense
- Imminent Intervention? Greece, Italy, & Malta Close Airspace For Aircraft From Libya | ZeroHedge
- Options Traders Continue Their Unusual Hedging | ZeroHedge
- Here's The Full List Of Organizations That Paid Hillary Clinton From 2013-2015 | ZeroHedge
- Chasing Yield Into Minefields | ZeroHedge
- Americans - The New Second-Class Citizens | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- India’s weather is so hot its roads are melting | Business Insider
- A vacation rental site is setting up a luxury apartment in the Eiffel... | Business Insider
- There's an excellent alternative to the Toyota Prius, but... | Business Insider
- These adorable planters that stick to windows are... | Business Insider
- YouTube needs to disrupt Netflix before Facebook and... | Business Insider
- How the military could play 'king-maker' in Venezuela... | Business Insider
- Here's a stark new reminder that investors don't really care... | Business Insider