Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another 8 Million Barrels Added to Oil Storage | ZeroHedge
- The Answer to All of Your Problems is War, Gentlemen | iBankCoin.com
- Lufthansa CEO Press Conference - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- The Monetary Approach Reigns Supreme | Financial Sense
- AND THEN THERE WERE ZERO BIOTECH TRADERS LEFT | iBankCoin.com
- 33 Strange Facts About America That Most Americans Would Be Shocked To Learn | ZeroHedge
- Putin Is Becoming A "Vulture" Bond Investor | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Taylor Swift is 6th on Fortune's 'Greatest World Leaders... | Business Insider
- T. Boone Pickens: 'Gonna live to be 114' | Business Insider
- Abenomics is back to square zero as Japanese inflation disappears | Business Insider
- Google's magic Internet balloons made a joke cameo at today's Facebook event | Business Insider
- What just happened in Yemen is 'a nightmare' for... | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch screen is totally different to what's in your... | Business Insider
- The Germanwings co-pilot reportedly received... | Business Insider