Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A "Soft Coup" Attempt: Furious Trump Slams "Secret" CIA Report Russia Helped Him Win | ZeroHedge
- Why Is China So Upset About Trump’s Taiwan Call – And Could It Lead to War? | Financial Sense
- NBC's Fake News King Brian Williams Launches Crusade Against "Fake News" | ZeroHedge
- Where A Strong Dollar Will Do The Most Damage | ZeroHedge
- Trump Picks Goldman President Gary Cohn To Be Chief Economic Advisor | ZeroHedge
- Congress Member Introduces Bill to Stop Funding Terrorists | ZeroHedge
- Reva Goujon: Global Forces Indicate 2017 Is Shaping Up to Be a Big Year | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rare footage shows the successful testing of the... | Business Insider
- Stunning photos of the Brooklyn neighborhood that puts on the best... | Business Insider
- Longtime Apple analyst Gene Munster is starting a venture capital firm (AAPL) | Business Insider
- TONY ROBBINS: How to make a good first impression | Business Insider
- This airport lounge membership is the... | Business Insider
- Trump is set to tap Goldman Sachs' Gary... | Business Insider
- A Harvard scientist just won $3 million for discovering the hidden '... | Business Insider