Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- VIX ETF Surges Above 'Black Monday' Spike Highs, Numerous ETF Flash-Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Gold Up 3.5% In August, Stocks Fall 6% to 12% | ZeroHedge
- DeVoe’s Unprovable But Highly Probable Theories | Financial Sense
- Behold China's 2PM Ramp Capital | ZeroHedge
- Lessons From a Failed Prediction | Financial Sense
- Oxygen & Markets - Why The Collapse Is Coming | ZeroHedge
- Signs Of Life | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- WIPEOUT: European markets tank, fear surges | Business Insider
- Enough about China, everyone's forgetting about 2 major drags on the economy | Business Insider
- September is historically the stock market's worst month... | Business Insider
- 2 cases of polio found in Ukraine, caused by mutated virus... | Business Insider
- The war room, the street: 2 responses to Baltimore violence... | Business Insider
- Attorney: Officer's takedown unfortunate, but not... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek