Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman Says OPEC Deal May Add Up To $10 To Price Of Oil, Two Days After Cutting Oil Price Target By $7 | ZeroHedge
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- The Banquet Of Consequences Is Being Served (By The Central Banking Cartel) | ZeroHedge
- OPEC Agrees On First Oil Production Cut Since 2008, But Biggest Question Remains Unanswered | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Reckons With a New Reality | Financial Sense
- Libertarian Gary Johnson Has Another "Aleppo Moment" | ZeroHedge
- Real Estate Bubbles: Vancouver, London, Stockholm, Sydney, Munich, and Hong Kong Top List | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How one ex-Googler convinced developers to leave Silicon... | Business Insider
- Skeptics expect weak September auto sales — but they might be in for a surprise | Business Insider
- Qualcomm is reportedly in talks to buy NXP Semiconductors (QCOM, NXPI) | Business Insider
- US accused of killing 22 Somali soldiers in... | Business Insider
- A huge hedge fund just settled bribery charges with the feds for $200... | Business Insider
- Hedge fund legend Steve Cohen is recruiting young trading talent in London... | Business Insider
- Behold, the largest plane in the US Air Force | Business Insider