Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Self-Aware? World's Largest Hedge Fund Shifts Strategy To Artificial Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Annaly CEO: Central Bankers Are Witch Doctors, Demands "Return To Market-Driven Pricing" | ZeroHedge
- China And The Dragon Tail Of Marx | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Birth Of High-Frequency Trading | ZeroHedge
- Ask The Expert – Hugo Salinas Price! | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Drivers: Central Bank Meetings, Jobs Data and More | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Swiss Army knife of video apps is back on iPhone | Business Insider
- Nadal grabs slice of history with Argentina win | Business Insider
- Here's the one thing that went wrong for Berkshire... | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett's 23 most brilliant insights about investing | Business Insider
- Here's what's new on Netflix in March | Business Insider
- The fingerprint sensor on Samsung's new Galaxy S6 is just as good as the one... | Business Insider
- NY regulator puts 3 European banks in FX probe | Business Insider