Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekly S&P 500 #ChartStorm | Financial Sense
- Flynn-Russia-Trump-Markets! | Financial Sense
- Russian Ambassador To UN Vitaly Churkin Has "Died Suddenly" In New York; Putin "Deeply Upset" | ZeroHedge
- Pigs Waiting To Get Slaughtered (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Philadelphia Soda Tax Leads To 30-50% Plunge In Sales, Mass Layoffs | ZeroHedge
- Our Systems Are Failing: "This Is An Evolutionary Moment For Our Species" | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile, Rioting Breaks Out In Sweden | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The movie that will win the best picture Oscar, according to math — and it... | Business Insider
- A government-shutdown threat is looming in Trump's future | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs is predicting that Snap will... | Business Insider
- Just 2% of app installs lead to purchases | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Chipotle is fixing one of its customers' top complaints (CMG) | Business Insider
- Malcolm Gladwell rips into Stanford University... | Business Insider