Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ex-Morgan Stanley Chief Economist Admits "Fed Is Distorting Markets" | ZeroHedge
- Thomas Piketty's "Sensational" New Book | ZeroHedge
- Explaining The Horrendous Home Sales Report: It Snowed Everywhere But In The Northeast | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Collapse To 8 Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Largest-Ever U.S. Military Solar Project Gets Underway | Financial Sense
- Does the U.S. Have the Highest Corporate Tax Rates in the World? | Financial Sense
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Land Rover Is Making A Diesel Hybrid Range Rover For China | Business Insider
- Guy Named In Newsweek Story As Bitcoin Creator Pops Up In Video Denying Its Him | Business Insider
- Chinese Manufacturing Still In Contraction | Business Insider
- SOCIAL INSIDER: Facebook Ad Performance... | Business Insider
- How A Satellite TV Company Used Social Media To Give Viewers What They Wanted | Business Insider
- McDonald's Is Rebuilding Kitchens To Look More Like Chipotle | Business Insider
- Apple's iPad Sales Tank In The First Quarter As iPhone Sales... | Business Insider