Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
- Flying Is About To Get Even More Miserable...Well, At Least For Poor People | ZeroHedge
- Trump Administration Begins Quiet Preparations For Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- China, India, and Japan Are Very Interested in Sri Lanka – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- Bill Maher Lashes Out At Cal Berkeley's "F**king Babies" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Clinton staffers toyed with using 'because it's her turn... | Business Insider
- A wealth management veteran explains why understanding emotions is key to... | Business Insider
- 'Willful disregard for the facts': New York... | Business Insider
- THE INTERNET OF THINGS 2017 REPORT: How the IoT is improving lives to transform the... | Business Insider
- Russia and Saudi Arabia could face economic and political... | Business Insider
- Everyone should read John Kelly's speech about 2 Marines in the path of a truck bomb... | Business Insider
- WHO'S RUNNING THE GOVERNMENT? Trump has yet... | Business Insider