Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: The Crash (1932) | iBankCoin.com
- Greece’s Referendum | Financial Sense
- Greeks Split On Greferendum As Credit Suisse Says "No" Vote Defies "Rationality" | ZeroHedge
- Citigroup Just Cornered The "Precious Metals" Derivatives Market | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Full Normalization Will Crush The Casino | ZeroHedge
- Reflections on France | Financial Sense
- Cash On A Greek Bank Account? *Poof* It’s Gone! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take this quiz to figure out what you should be eating on a daily basis | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Venture capitalist John Doerr: 'we are very... | Business Insider
- Chinese shares plunge more than 5% | Business Insider
- A 25-year-old Australian just rode the fastest time... | Business Insider
- Don't expect work-life balance if you want to be rich | Business Insider
- This Republican presidential candidate has the sickest Donald Trump burn yet | Business Insider