Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is the UK Economy Doing Better Post-Brexit? | Financial Sense
- Cutting Through The Crap: The Ultimate Clinton-Trump Policy Cheatsheet | ZeroHedge
- Cracking Open a Six-Pack | Financial Sense
- No Rate Hike Fears Here: Record Foreign Central Bank Bid In Stellar 5 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: Trump Vs. Hillary Summarized | ZeroHedge
- French 'Extremist' Screams "Allahu Akbar", Stabs British Woman To Death In Australia | ZeroHedge
- How Canada Is Handling the Flood of Chinese Money | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Game of Thrones' actress promises fans that 's--t gets real... | Business Insider
- Uber says it has over 80% of the ride-hailing market in the U.S. | Business Insider
- There's a nasty new Netflix email scam going around... | Business Insider
- 'Deus Ex: Mankind Divided' has a brilliant... | Business Insider
- HILLARY CLINTON: You know more about the Clinton... | Business Insider
- The CEO of EpiPen maker Mylan once claimed she had an MBA... | Business Insider
- You can’t understand the Fintech Revolution... | Business Insider