Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Runaway Credit Card Debt Makes 2017 Look Like 2007 | Financial Sense
- Foreign Central Banks Liquidate Record $405 Billion In US Treasuries As China Sells Most US Paper Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- Will 'Dull Draghi' Talk Up Downside Risks? - ECB Press Conference Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Border Tax "Back On The Table" After Trump Walks Back "Provocative" Statement | ZeroHedge
- Playing The Trump Effect On FX Markets | ZeroHedge
- 56 Years Ago Today, Eisenhower Warned Americans Of "The Unwarranted Influence" Of The Deep State | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Four Levers of Government Policy | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- American Airlines employees are mysteriously getting sick and the... | Business Insider
- Trump's education secretary spars with Bernie... | Business Insider
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- US shale is ready for a comeback | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: Here's how long you could... | Business Insider