Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Social Media Is Making People Dumber, Fears Elliott's Paul Singer | ZeroHedge
- "Markets In Turmoil" Russell 2000 Plunges Most In Over 2 Years, Dow Down For 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Lifting the Gassy Stench | iBankCoin.com
- Are Commodities Talking to Us? | Financial Sense
- Goldman's FOMC Post-Mortem: "Slightly Hawkish Tilt" | ZeroHedge
- Inside the Market's Mind: Investment’s Hard Problem...and Why It Can’t Be [Quantitatively] Eased | Financial Sense
- Drive-By Morning Grub | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fight Between Toronto, Buffalo, And Some Famous Names Will Make The Bills The Most Expensive... | Business Insider
- This Book Shows What Modern Combat Is Really Like For US Troops | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Investors Are Descending Into The Five Circles Of Bond Hell (HYG, TLT, TBT, DIA, SPX, SPY... | Business Insider
- Exxon Mobil Is Falling After Reporting Reduced Production (XOM) | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: YELP RRD | TheStreet.com
- Here's The Top LinkedIn Tip From Its Director Of Product Management | Business Insider