Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Great Covered Call Tools at BornToSell | FundMyMutualFund
- The Demise Of The American Dream (In 2 Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Exports Collapse Leading To 2nd Largest Trade Deficit On Record | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Up 175K, Jobless Rate Climbs to 6.7% | Financial Sense
- Peter Schiff: Weather Or Not? | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Video Analysis 03/08/14 | iBankCoin.com
- What Needs to Happen Before We See a Big Recovery? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Crisis In Ukraine Has Much Deeper And Darker Roots Than Many Realize | Business Insider
- Rand Paul Just Shredded The Field In The CPAC Straw Poll | Business Insider
- 22 Photos Of Barack Obama Pigging Out | Business Insider
- China Reports Unexpected ~$23 Billion Trade Deficit In February | Business Insider
- Biotech Stock Mailbag: Exact Sciences, Rexahn, Advaxis, Peregrine | TheStreet.com
- No One Wants To Talk About How Unprepared The Baby Boomers Are For Retirement | Business Insider
- San Francisco Billionaire Tells The Tech Industry: Don't Be 'The Wolf... | Business Insider