Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What’re You Doing with That Hammer? | iBankCoin.com
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
- New York Fed's Conference Evokes Violent Thoughts Against Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong On The Danger Of Conspiracy Theories | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Van Hoisington And The Fed's Bubble: "Overtrading" And "Discredit" Always End In "Revulsion" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 23, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft Has Officially Cut Nokia's Brand From Its Most Popular Smartphone Line... | Business Insider
- Here's Everything We Know About NYC's 1st Ebola Patient | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer Says Amazon Needs to Deliver Better Results in the Next Quarter | TheStreet.com
- Tottenham Player Takes Completely Unnecessary Trick Shot, Scores The Goal Of The Season | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- The Secret To Grooming The 10-Day Beard That Women Find Sexiest | Business Insider