Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Recovery? Student Homelessness Has Doubled Since Before The Recession | ZeroHedge
- Gold Jumps To 3-Week Highs On Heavy Volume | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 8 | ZeroHedge
- Worth Wray on China's Failed Plan to Blow Stock Market Bubble and Attract Global Investors | Financial Sense
- Does Today's Big Employment Miss Signal Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- When The Aristocracy Leaves The Commoners In The Dust, The Empire Is Doomed | ZeroHedge
- Futures Slump On Lack Of Chinese Euphoria Despite More Terrible Economic Data | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kershaw, Dodgers facing different Mets in playoffs | Business Insider
- Texas college on lockdown, shooter loose after shooting | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Federal effort to combat chronic absenteeism at schools | Business Insider
- Million Man March anniversary inspires memories | Business Insider
- 'Walking Dead' creator explains his original... | Business Insider
- There's a new rap video about making prudent financial decisions | Business Insider