Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Tops $1200 For First Time Since June | ZeroHedge
- Anadarko Slashes Dividend By Over 80% | ZeroHedge
- Economics Professor: Negative Interest Rates Aimed at Driving Small Banks Out of Business and Eliminating Cash | ZeroHedge
- Fed Lacks The Physical Cash, Legal Authority And Computer Systems To Implement NIRP, According To The Fed | ZeroHedge
- Maybe Albert’s Crazy Forecast Is Not That Crazy After All | ZeroHedge
- What Kind of Power Will China Become? | Financial Sense
- Race To Bottom Enters Final Lap: ECB Will Cut To -0.7% In June, JPM Predicts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Deutsche Bank's Joe LaVorgna thinks March is off the... | Business Insider
- This is what it's like to work as a set designer for 'House of Cards... | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- I spent only $2 a day on food for a month — here are the 9 foods I bought to get the most for my... | Business Insider
- Millions of Brazilians are throwing the biggest party in the world despite the Zika outbreak... | Business Insider
- Why it's impossible to spot a con artist | Business Insider
- Starbucks is opening upscale cafes where plain black coffee costs $4 | Business Insider