Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Protesters Storm Governor's Office In Downtown St. Louis, Demand Removal Of National Guard | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Up, Dollar Up, Bond Yields Up, Commodities Down As AAPL Hits $100.00 | ZeroHedge
- Bonds Persist in Their Warning About the U.S. Economy | Financial Sense
- Don’t Forget to Take Profits | iBankCoin.com
- Pairing These Stocks for Every Palate | iBankCoin.com
- Futures Flat With All Headline-Scanning Algo Eyes On Today's FOMC Minutes | ZeroHedge
- Why So Much Anger In Ferguson? 10 Facts About The Massive Economic Gap Between White & Black America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boys Learn More About Money Than Girls | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Here's Why Successful People All Learn To Love Failure | Business Insider
- Banks Are Planning A Massive Double Exit From The UK If It Votes To Leave The EU... | Business Insider
- The Mistake Everybody Makes With Emotional Intelligence | Business Insider
- New York Times Slams 'Overzealous Prosecution' Of Rick Perry | Business Insider
- APPLE $100 (AAPL) | Business Insider