Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Herbalife Hires PWC As New Accountant; Will Reaudit 2010, 2011 And 2012 | ZeroHedge
- Global Assured Destruction, Or How Bernanke Now Holds The Entire World Hostage | ZeroHedge
- Global Dash For Trash Hits An African Wall | ZeroHedge
- “Dash For Trash” Screen | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- What Inflation Means to You: Inside the Consumer Price Index | Financial Sense
- Thanks To QE Bernanke Has Injected Foreign Banks With Over $1 Trillion In Cash For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RG3 Criticized For Posting A Picture Of Wedding Gifts Purchased By Fans | Business Insider
- Inside A Big Charity Fishing Tournament That's Quietly Stacked With Wall Streeters | Business Insider
- Jim Boeheim Says Carmelo Anthony Can't Win A Title With This Knicks Squad... | Business Insider
- Two Charts That Show Why Politicians Are Trying To Crucify Apple | Business Insider
- How Prada Grew Its Brand Value Faster Than Any Other Last Year | Business Insider
- Incredible Footage Of China Demolishing Miles Of Elevated Road In Just A Few Seconds | Business Insider
- There's A Lot Of Big Talent To Replace On 'Saturday Night Live' | Business Insider