Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why America Is Likely to Remain a Global Superpower | Financial Sense
- Judicial Watch Demands DOJ Inspector General Probe Into "Scandalous" Lynch-Clinton Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Near All Time High Despite 16 Straight Week Of US Mutual Fund Outflows, Historic "Redemption Day" | ZeroHedge
- Biometric Technology, "Brainprints", and the Death of the Password | Financial Sense
- China: Has Policy Reflation Lost Momentum? | Financial Sense
- Did Brexit Kill the Oil Price Rally? | Financial Sense
- In Shocking Move, Boris Johnson Says He Won't Run For UK Prime Minister, Tory Leader | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Manufacturing expanded faster than expected in June | Business Insider
- This finance trend is so hot even Amazon wants in (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The best body language to use in your online dating profile, according to... | Business Insider
- This cut 'SNL' sketch shows just how talented Drake is | Business Insider
- Long wait times on the phone with customer service may be... | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider
- This is what a black iPhone 7 would look like (AAPL) | Business Insider