Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Q1 2014 Reader Survey | FundMyMutualFund
- Potential Runners For Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Flashing Red Warning: Q1 Earnings Growth Plunges To Lowest Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- HFT Firm CEO Seeks Taxpayer Dollars To Save His Hockey Team | ZeroHedge
- MY CURRENT ANALYSIS ON THIS SITUATION WE FIND OURSELVES IN | iBankCoin.com
- Russell 2000 Breaks Below Key Technical Level | ZeroHedge
- Greetings from Your Favorite Russian Bear | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I Thought Everyone Was Exaggerating About How Great The Airport In Seoul Was Until I Actually Went... | Business Insider
- Kass Katch: Buy Ocwen Financial | TheStreet.com
- North Korean Officials Go After London Salon For Making Fun Of Kim Jong-Un... | Business Insider
- PAYMENTS INSIDER: Apple And NFC — Big Retailers... | Business Insider
- 5 People Killed At A House Party Near The University Of Calgary | Business Insider
- Stocks Continue To Rally In The Futures Market | Business Insider
- Why America's Slice Of The Global Stock Market Pie Is Shrinking | Business Insider