Best Buy (BBY) Covered Call Play
Shares of Best Buy (BBY) are looking ripe for a covered call play.
Over the past 12 months, Best Buy (BBY) shares have traded between $22.74 and its 52-week high of $45.63. BBY shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.2 and EPS of 2.96.
So what's the move?
Mastery Sponsors - Become one Today
Shares of Best Buy are trading just $2.50 from their 52 week low, thanks to their recent earnings report where the company reported a 30% drop in profits.
Mastery Bottom Line:
Although Best Buy reported a 30% drop in profits, the retailer just posted its third consequetive quarter of positive same store sales, all during a time of slowed consumer investment in home improvements.
It's hard to imagine Best Buy dropping any lower than it's 52 week low here. We recommend buying the stock and selling covered calls - the December $28 strike is trading at $1.05 right now.
For example, if you were to buy 500 shares at the current price of $25.25, you could then sell 5 contracts and take in $525 for the options premium. If the share price surpasses $28 and you get called, you'll make a total profit of $1,915, a 15% gain in 3 months.
Although selling covered calls is considered a conservative strategy, please make sure you do your research and understand the concepts before diving in.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japanese Economy Contracts Bigger Than Expected 7.1% in 2nd Quarter | Financial Sense
- Gold - Watch the €1000 Level | Financial Sense
- What The "Porsche Indicator" Tells Us About The Greek "Recovery" | ZeroHedge
- China Stocks Tumble Most In Six Months; US Futures Lower As Key Risk Events Loom | ZeroHedge
- Obamanomics' Fatal Flaw: Minimum Wage-Hiking States Are Seeing Slower Job Growth | ZeroHedge
- Playing the Fed | iBankCoin.com
- My Deep Market Thoughts | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- POGUE: The iPhone 6 Is A 'Thin, Sexy Phone' (AAPL) | Business Insider
- JOE BIDEN: 'My Wife Was With Prince Harry. I'm A Little Worried Here, You Know What I... | Business Insider
- When Food Comes To Warren Buffett, It's A Salt Shaker 'Snowstorm... | Business Insider
- Doc Offers Glimpse Into Arena Pharma Weight-Loss Combination Therapy | TheStreet.com
- DONALD TRUMP: I 'May' Save Atlantic City After All | Business Insider
- Thanks To Putin, Space Travel Is About American... | Business Insider
- Wildfires Rage Across Rain-Starved California | Business Insider