Bio-Tech Covered Calls (CLSN,PPHM,KERX,ISIS,SRPT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||2.33||2.5||0.4||17.20%||February 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.97||3||0.5||15.20%||February 2013|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.9||12||1.1||9.20%||February 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||28.3||29||2.6||9.00%||February 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.38||9||0.5||6.30%||February 2013|
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $2.33. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.97. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $11.92. Its 52 week range is between $7.02 and $15.61.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $28.28. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.38. Its 52 week range is between $6.52 and $15.96.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When The PBOC Went All-In: China Stocks See Biggest Intraday Swing In 23 Years | ZeroHedge
- Cuba Inc. – Long Way to Go Before Opening to the Free Market | Financial Sense
- U.S. Admits Paying Terrorists For Services Rendered In Syria | ZeroHedge
- Could Armenia Be The Next Ukraine? | ZeroHedge
- The US Constitution (2015 Edition) | ZeroHedge
- I’m Not Buying | iBankCoin.com
- Great Graphic: Central Banks Snap Up Treasuries | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- European manufacturing is holding steady | Business Insider
- VAROUFAKIS CONFIRMS: Greece will not pay the IMF today (GREK, EUR) | Business Insider
- Female serial killers have some shocking characteristics | Business Insider
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner explains his No. 1 management principle | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Brutal chart shows why Chris Christie probably should've run for president in... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com