Bio-Tech Covered Calls (CLSN,PPHM,KERX,ISIS,SRPT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||2.33||2.5||0.4||17.20%||February 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.97||3||0.5||15.20%||February 2013|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.9||12||1.1||9.20%||February 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||28.3||29||2.6||9.00%||February 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.38||9||0.5||6.30%||February 2013|
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $2.33. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.97. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $11.92. Its 52 week range is between $7.02 and $15.61.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $28.28. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.38. Its 52 week range is between $6.52 and $15.96.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Algos Are Winning Again (In Trading The Brexit Chaos) | ZeroHedge
- Biometric Technology, "Brainprints", and the Death of the Password | Financial Sense
- Brexit, A Step In The Right Direction: The Optimistic View | ZeroHedge
- The Militarization Of The US Goes Beyond Police Departments" | ZeroHedge
- Confidence Crushed Despite Collapsing Jobless Claims | ZeroHedge
- Trump Jumps To Four Point Lead Over Clinton In First Post-Brexit Poll | ZeroHedge
- What Brexit Means for the World | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Dozens dead after 3 suicide bombings rock... | Business Insider
- Brazil’s embattled president could see herself... | Business Insider
- A 'Star Wars' concept artist has seen the Han Solo spin-off script... | Business Insider
- 4 essential body language tips from a world champion public... | Business Insider
- Facts about today's teens' technology, social media use and sex | Business Insider
- This high-tech koozie is the perfect tool for summer barbecues | Business Insider
- The top 5 fintech predictions for 2016 | Business Insider