Bio-Tech Covered Calls (CLSN,PPHM,KERX,ISIS,SRPT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||2.33||2.5||0.4||17.20%||February 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.97||3||0.5||15.20%||February 2013|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.9||12||1.1||9.20%||February 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||28.3||29||2.6||9.00%||February 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.38||9||0.5||6.30%||February 2013|
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $2.33. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.97. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $11.92. Its 52 week range is between $7.02 and $15.61.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $28.28. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.38. Its 52 week range is between $6.52 and $15.96.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deutsche Bank Fears Spark Buying Panic In Bunds (Despite Rising Germany Sovereign Risk) | ZeroHedge
- US Navy Sailor Threatened With Jail After Breaking Regulation By Refusing To Stand For National Anthem | ZeroHedge
- Why Did Cheryl Mills Require Criminal Immunity? | ZeroHedge
- Bridgewater Calculates How Much Time Central Banks Have Left | ZeroHedge
- Trauma Programming: "Up To Our Eyeballs In Manufactured Strife" | ZeroHedge
- The QE Premium | ZeroHedge
- "It All Has A Very 2008 Feel To It" - For Deutsche Bank, The News Just Keeps Getting Worse | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Forza Horizon 3' is the best racing game on any game console | Business Insider
- West Elm is betting that hotels are the future of furniture shopping | Business Insider
- These are the countries around the world with the worst air pollution | Business Insider
- Debate moderators say climate questions don’t make good TV | Business Insider
- A former FBI hostage negotiator... | Business Insider
- New features shine in 'NBA 2K17,' but not without some issues | Business Insider
- 11 high achievers share their secrets for... | Business Insider