Bio-Tech Covered Calls (CLSN,PPHM,KERX,ISIS,SRPT)
What's a Covered Call?
The covered call is a strategy where an investor writes a call option contract (sells an option) while at the same time owning an equivalent number of shares of the underlying stock.If this stock is purchased simultaneously with writing the call contract, the strategy is commonly referred to as a buy-write.
While you may have heard that trading options is risky business, covered calls are actually a very conservative strategy, and most brokerages even allow retirement IRA accounts to write covered calls.
|PPHM||Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc||2.33||2.5||0.4||17.20%||February 2013|
|KERX||Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc||2.97||3||0.5||15.20%||February 2013|
|ISIS||Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc||11.9||12||1.1||9.20%||February 2013|
|SRPT||Sarepta Therapeutics Inc||28.3||29||2.6||9.00%||February 2013|
|AMRN||Amarin Corporation PLC||8.38||9||0.5||6.30%||February 2013|
Peregrine Pharmaceuticals Inc (PPHM) is currently trading at $2.33. Its 52 week range is between $0.39 and $5.5.
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc (KERX) is currently trading at $2.97. Its 52 week range is between $1.28 and $5.19.
Isis Pharmaceuticals Inc (ISIS) is currently trading at $11.92. Its 52 week range is between $7.02 and $15.61.
Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT) is currently trading at $28.28. Its 52 week range is between $2.6 and $45.
Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN) is currently trading at $8.38. Its 52 week range is between $6.52 and $15.96.
MASTERY Bottom line:
There are pros and cons to writing covered calls. In theory, this strategy will out perform outright stock ownership if the stock price declines, remains the same, or slightly increases in price. The principal disadvantage of this strategy, on the other hand, is that profit potential can be limited if the underlying stock price advances sharply.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile On Main Street, Fast-Food Traffic Drops For The First Time In Five Years | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 196: Tim Ferriss – What I Learned From Tim Ferriss’s ‘Tools of Titans’ | Altucher Confidential
- Market Insights From A Gold Fund Manager | ZeroHedge
- Donald Trump Explains Why He Tweets So Much | ZeroHedge
- US Productivity Suffers First Two-Quarter Annual Decline Since 1993 | ZeroHedge
- Mark Carney Defends The Bank of England: "We Are Not Robbing The Poor To Pay The Rich" | ZeroHedge
- Trade Deficit Grows More Than Expected As Stronger Dollar Pressures Exports | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- AOL's Tim Armstrong is 'cautiously optimistic' the Yahoo deal... | Business Insider
- A new billboard for 'Man in the High Castle' shows... | Business Insider
- Here are all the hints that led up to the big reveal in the 'Westworld... | Business Insider
- CEO of Japanese telecom SoftBank says company will bring... | Business Insider
- Nate Silver's model says Alabama is a heavy favorite to win the... | Business Insider
- Thousands of scientists signed a letter urging Trump to respect 'scientific integrity... | Business Insider
- The fight over the Dakota Access Pipeline has already... | Business Insider