50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (SCO,IRM,TASR,IMMU,RMTR)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil (SCO) is currently trading at $52.04. Its 52 week range is between $30.74 and $71.36.
Iron Mountain Inc (IRM) is currently trading at $33.2. Its 52 week range is between $27.1 and $35.79.
TASER International Inc (TASR) is currently trading at $5.44. Its 52 week range is between $3.55 and $6.49.
Immunomedics Inc (IMMU) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is $2.85 and $4.33.
Ramtron International Corp (RMTR) is currently trading at $2.74. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $3.18.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China’s Rate Cut Insufficient: Investors Expect More PBoC Stimulus and Yuan Devaluation | Financial Sense
- Post-Payrolls Reaction: Stocks, Bonds, Commodities Drop, Dollar Pops, As "Good News Is Bad News" | ZeroHedge
- ISM Manufacturing Index: Slowest Growth in Thirteen Months | Financial Sense
- Bernanke Wants The US President To Declare "Economic Emergencies" In Future Crises | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Sweat Nasdaq 5000 | Financial Sense
- QE Inventor: It’s EASY to Create a Full-Blown Recovery, But Central Banks Chose to Make Banksters Rich Instead ... | ZeroHedge
- Alan Greenspan Warns Stocks Are "Without Doubt Extremely Overvalued" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chicago mental health advocates claim Rahm Emanuel... | Business Insider
- 9 great deals on golf equipment [up to 48%] | Business Insider
- BofA Merrill Lynch dealmaker Harry McMahon is resigning after 32 years | Business Insider
- Here's how Hillary Clinton's Republican 2016 rivals reacted... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today | Business Insider
- Here's how successful people deal with bad days | Business Insider
- Sound financial planning is more critical for women than for men | Business Insider