50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (SCO,IRM,TASR,IMMU,RMTR)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil (SCO) is currently trading at $52.04. Its 52 week range is between $30.74 and $71.36.
Iron Mountain Inc (IRM) is currently trading at $33.2. Its 52 week range is between $27.1 and $35.79.
TASER International Inc (TASR) is currently trading at $5.44. Its 52 week range is between $3.55 and $6.49.
Immunomedics Inc (IMMU) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is $2.85 and $4.33.
Ramtron International Corp (RMTR) is currently trading at $2.74. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $3.18.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Factory Orders Scream Recession: Annual Drop Biggest Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- The Perversion of Capitalism: A Credit-Based Versus Capital-Based System | ZeroHedge
- The German Press Does It Again: "Give Me The Money Or I Shoot" | ZeroHedge
- Airlines Stocks Plunge After DoJ Probes Collusion On High Prices | ZeroHedge
- Since 2007 The US Has Lost 1.4 Million Manufacturers, Gained 1.4 Million Waiters And Bartenders | ZeroHedge
- The Greek Bluff May Be Working: ECB Does Not "Haircut" ELA Collateral | ZeroHedge
- Did The IMF Just Open Pandora's Box? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Graffiti of one particular word is smothering Greece | Business Insider
- New survey finds most people think the American Dream is harder than ever... | Business Insider
- The internet tried to give a homeless man $5,000 but he... | Business Insider
- US Episcopal Church approves same-sex marriages | Business Insider
- One CEO explains why he refuses to have an office | Business Insider
- Why top business schools like MIT and Stanford... | Business Insider
- Yelp is tanking on a report that it's no longer looking to sell (YELP) | Business Insider