50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (SCO,IRM,TASR,IMMU,RMTR)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil (SCO) is currently trading at $52.04. Its 52 week range is between $30.74 and $71.36.
Iron Mountain Inc (IRM) is currently trading at $33.2. Its 52 week range is between $27.1 and $35.79.
TASER International Inc (TASR) is currently trading at $5.44. Its 52 week range is between $3.55 and $6.49.
Immunomedics Inc (IMMU) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is $2.85 and $4.33.
Ramtron International Corp (RMTR) is currently trading at $2.74. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $3.18.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Assange Assassination Attempt? Cops Took 2 Hours To Respond To Embassy Breach | ZeroHedge
- How Storage Could Transform the US Power Grid | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: August 25 | ZeroHedge
- Nuke Miniaturization Threat Emerges Conveniently As Pentagon Seeks $1 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- Domino's Launches Drone Pizza Delivery, Shows What It Will Look Like | ZeroHedge
- "The Great Unraveling" - Hilsenrath Slams The Fed: "Years Of Fed Missteps" Foster US Populism, Disillusion | ZeroHedge
- Most Millennials Have Less Than $1,000 In Savings, Live Paycheck-to-Paycheck | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple could be on the hook for $19 billion in taxes, and the Obama... | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- BuzzFeed draws a line between church and state | Business Insider
- What the brain of a guy who climbs massive cliffs without ropes can... | Business Insider
- Why this bank-heist thriller is the best movie of the whole summer | Business Insider
- 3 Muslim siblings were kicked off a... | Business Insider
- A Harvard negotiation expert says this century-old Freudian concept... | Business Insider