50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (SCO,IRM,TASR,IMMU,RMTR)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil (SCO) is currently trading at $52.04. Its 52 week range is between $30.74 and $71.36.
Iron Mountain Inc (IRM) is currently trading at $33.2. Its 52 week range is between $27.1 and $35.79.
TASER International Inc (TASR) is currently trading at $5.44. Its 52 week range is between $3.55 and $6.49.
Immunomedics Inc (IMMU) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is $2.85 and $4.33.
Ramtron International Corp (RMTR) is currently trading at $2.74. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $3.18.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How To Shortcut The 10,000 Hour Rule and Make Your Contribution to Life | Altucher Confidential
- Iran Openly Flouts Obama, Launches New Ballistic Missile | ZeroHedge
- Bumping Into Resistance | Financial Sense
- Peter Boockvar's Contrarian Play: Sell US Stocks, Buy Commodities and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- Obama Won't Back Down After Chinese Threat, Sends U.S. Warships To Contested Islands In "Matter Of Days" | ZeroHedge
- Democracy Uber Alles (But Only When It Goes Our Way) | ZeroHedge
- The 20 Habits of Eventual Millionaires | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China just threw a major wrench into Uber's biggest expansion plans | Business Insider
- Report: Iran test fires long-range ballistic missile | Business Insider
- Iran's parliament approves outline of bill on... | Business Insider
- Fury towards Erdogan intensifies after Ankara attack | Business Insider
- Columbus Day is becoming 'Indigenous Peoples Day' in many... | Business Insider
- Loss to Mexico punctuates a rough year for US soccer | Business Insider
- Pepsi could be gearing up to launch its very own smartphone — next week | Business Insider