50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (SCO,IRM,TASR,IMMU,RMTR)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil (SCO) is currently trading at $52.04. Its 52 week range is between $30.74 and $71.36.
Iron Mountain Inc (IRM) is currently trading at $33.2. Its 52 week range is between $27.1 and $35.79.
TASER International Inc (TASR) is currently trading at $5.44. Its 52 week range is between $3.55 and $6.49.
Immunomedics Inc (IMMU) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is $2.85 and $4.33.
Ramtron International Corp (RMTR) is currently trading at $2.74. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $3.18.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Current ECB Programs Create a QE-like Environment, Setting Up for Moral Hazards | Financial Sense
- Bulls Take Notice - Caution Suggested as Credit Markets and Equity Markets Diverge | Financial Sense
- My Bearish Scenario | iBankCoin.com
- Gary Shilling: "Q2 GDP Was Closer To 1% Than To 3%. It Could Even Be A Negative Number" | ZeroHedge
- It is Mostly about the US Next Week | ZeroHedge
- US Equities Flat While China Surges On More Stimulus And Bailout Hopes | ZeroHedge
- China Cements Eurasian Trade Routes With Great Silk Road Revival: The Infographic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- John Oliver Challenges Vladimir Putin Over 'Space... | Business Insider
- Warner Bros. Showed A 'Batman V Superman' Teaser Trailer At Comic... | Business Insider
- Starbucks' Surprise Guidance, Amazon's Awful Numbers, Visa Passes | TheStreet.com
- 9 Surprising Facts About Retail Giant Wal-Mart | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Pro-Russian Rebels Are Using Soviet WWII... | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek