50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (SCO,IRM,TASR,IMMU,RMTR)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil (SCO) is currently trading at $52.04. Its 52 week range is between $30.74 and $71.36.
Iron Mountain Inc (IRM) is currently trading at $33.2. Its 52 week range is between $27.1 and $35.79.
TASER International Inc (TASR) is currently trading at $5.44. Its 52 week range is between $3.55 and $6.49.
Immunomedics Inc (IMMU) is currently trading at $3.54. Its 52 week range is $2.85 and $4.33.
Ramtron International Corp (RMTR) is currently trading at $2.74. Its 52 week range is between $1.65 and $3.18.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Covert Operations Underway in the Global Currency Wars? | Financial Sense
- Who’s Selling? | iBankCoin.com
- 180 Seconds After The FOMC Release, Hilsenrath Parses Fed Minutes | ZeroHedge
- My Top Story Stock is Breaking Higher Today | iBankCoin.com
- The Bronze Swan Arrives: Is The End Of Copper Financing China's "Lehman Event"? | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap May 23, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
- Spot The Bubble: Average New Home Price Soars By Most Ever In One Month To All Time High | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART OF THE DAY: The Long View Of Amazon (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Late-Game Home Run Makes Mike Trout Youngest To Hit For Cycle In 41 Years | Business Insider
- How Warby Parker Took Its Online Sales Model To Brick-And-Mortar | Business Insider
- Here's The First Terrible Sign For Anthony Weiner's Mayoral Candidacy | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- KYLE BASS: The 'Macro Tourists' Are Responsible For Last Night's Big... | Business Insider
- Horrifying Eye-Witness Accounts Of London 'Machete Attack' | Business Insider