50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Is the American Dream Dead In The South? | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
- Americans Not In The Labor Force Soar By 640,000 To Record 93.6 Million; Participation Rate Drops To 1977 Levels | ZeroHedge
- Need I Remind You: I HATE Repeats | iBankCoin.com
- Who Will Be The Last To Crash? | ZeroHedge
- "Heartbreaking" Scene Unfolds At Greek Banks As Pensioners Clamor For Cash | ZeroHedge
- Desperate Greeks Resort To Scavenging Through Garbage To Find Food | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- In under two days, Boko Haram kills nearly 170 in NE... | Business Insider
- Wall Street interns are earning more money than ever this summer | Business Insider
- A major flaw in Google's algorithm allegedly tagged two black people's... | Business Insider
- Science explains how sunscreen works | Business Insider
- Argentina, Chile poised for Copa America classic | Business Insider
- EE just got fined £1m for botching customer complaints | Business Insider
- The 25 most famous business books summarised in a single sentence each | Business Insider