50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Could Oil Prices Plummet a Second Time? | Financial Sense
- John Kerry: "Military Pressure May Be Needed To Oust Syria's President " | ZeroHedge
- Push Back: Impacts of a Rising Dollar on Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
- Stocks Re-Tumble To Fresh Lows, Erase All March Gains | ZeroHedge
- Take Out A 7 Year Car Loan To Buy Stocks, CNBC Experts Advise | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns Snow May Leads To Lower Jobs Number, But Snowstorms Will Result In Higher Wages | ZeroHedge
- Putin Condemns "Brazen Murder Of Boris Nemtsov" As "Politically Motivated" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Apple already agreed to the tough Chinese rules that Obama is furious about... | Business Insider
- 20 amazing scientific discoveries that have already been made this year... | Business Insider
- The Ferguson police department is strapped for cash and allegedly... | Business Insider
- A hedge fund reportedly fired a trader because he was IMing another trader at... | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, GOOG) | Business Insider
- When wives take ill, divorce could be on horizon: study | Business Insider