50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- DOJ Launches Criminal Investigation Into Deutsche Bank Russian Trades | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Economy Crashes To 2-Year Low; China Stocks Plunge, Asian Stocks Test 2015 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Wash, Rinse, Repeat | Financial Sense
- Ep 124: The Book of Luke by 2 Live Crew’s Luther Campbell | Altucher Confidential
- Falling Crude Prices Put Producers Between a Rock and a Hard Place | Financial Sense
- ISM Manufacturing Slumps To 3-Month Lows Led By Plunge In Employment | ZeroHedge
- Fed/Treasury Worried High-Frequency-Trading "Hurts Market Function" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Djibouti launches airline backed by Iron Maiden rock star... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- It's incredible how lifelike these famous actors look in this new video game | Business Insider
- TRUMP: The Fed has created a bubble that 'could explode' (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT... | Business Insider
- This was the Sinaloa cartel mastermind behind 'El Chapo's'... | Business Insider
- Twitter shares close at all-time low on growth worries | Business Insider
- Stephen Curry's shoe deal with Under Armour is a total steal | Business Insider