50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US 'Relocated' ISIS Terrorists Out Of Iraq, Into Syria To Fight Assad | ZeroHedge
- Watch Trump & Clinton Roast Each Other At The Al Smith Dinner - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Trump's 60-Second Guide To Getting Rich Quick (The Clinton Way) | ZeroHedge
- Balance Sheet Recessions and the QE Trap | Financial Sense
- Don Coxe: Raise Cash, Hold Gold | Financial Sense
- Stocks Give Up Week's Gains At Open Following China Currency Carnage | ZeroHedge
- Greek Government Tells Tax-Burdened Self-Employed: "Go To Bulgaria" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Clinton calls Trump a Putin 'puppet' in fiery debate exchange | Business Insider
- Go inside the swanky new lounge from the team behind the 'best bar in... | Business Insider
- US officials say Iran has stepped up its weapons... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Millennials told JPMorgan they want to retire by 60, but they're... | Business Insider
- China continues to produce more steel than... | Business Insider
- Watch the moment when Trump refused to confirm that... | Business Insider