50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
- Who Will Live In The Suburbs If Millennials Favor Cities? | ZeroHedge
- Alibaba's Jack Ma Sees "Decades Of Pain Ahead" Thanks To Internet Disruption | ZeroHedge
- Can Macron Save The World? Save France? | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Explains Our 'North Korea, South Korea, China' Policy | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Are Now Printing $200 Billion Per Month... Without a Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Marissa Mayer To Leave Yahoo With $186 Million From Verizon Deal | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It looks like the end of foreign aid as we know it is... | Business Insider
- Fox News is in the middle of a class-action racial-discrimination lawsuit | Business Insider
- 'Media freedom has never been so threatened... We have reached... | Business Insider
- United was plagued with a huge issue even before dragging a customer off a... | Business Insider
- Uber just unveiled its ambitious flying taxi plan — but it will have a lot of competition... | Business Insider
- Certain types of exercise help keep your mind sharp as you get older | Business Insider
- The best men's dress shirts for every taste and price | Business Insider