50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump's New Travel Ban Revealed: Phase-In Period; Green-Card Holders Spared | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Trump Will Bring More Inflation Than Real Growth | Financial Sense
- Cheap Mortgages Do Not Make Real Estate Cheap | ZeroHedge
- Kraft Heinz Withdraws $143 Billion Offer For Unilever, After Warren Buffett Got Cold Feet | ZeroHedge
- Weekly S&P 500 #ChartStorm | Financial Sense
- Maryland Considers Teaching Kids That Boys Are Presumed Guilty In Rape Accusations | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Equities: Political Risks versus Strong Macro Crosscurrents | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McCain: Dictators get started by 'suppressing the free... | Business Insider
- Managers at a $1 trillion asset manager say investors are dangerously... | Business Insider
- How I landed a 6-figure job at LinkedIn without a degree | Business Insider
- Malaysian police arrested a North Korean man over the Kim Jong... | Business Insider
- A psychologist explains how important sex is in... | Business Insider
- The Senate is investigating Russian... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek