50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The TARGET2 Chart Shows A Breakdown Of The Central Bank Narrative | ZeroHedge
- The FED Finds a Good Excuse to Extend and Pretend Through Brexit | ZeroHedge
- The Curse Of "Wealth Effects" Central Banking | ZeroHedge
- Brexit: What to Expect After the EU-UK Membership Vote | Financial Sense
- Silver Surges To Post-Brexit Highs | ZeroHedge
- Scathing New Report Shows Just How Bankrupt Social Security Really Is | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Is What Happens When the Pie Is Shrinking | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Canada has much bigger worries than the Brexit | Business Insider
- It's not just millennials who aren't buying homes | Business Insider
- MITT ROMNEY: My son emailed me yesterday telling me to run for president | Business Insider
- 5 military leaders that were also huge party monsters | Business Insider
- We asked and you answered — here are 33 of the worst pieces of career... | Business Insider
- The Native Ad Report: Revenue forecasts and top drivers | Business Insider
- If you want to get a bigger salary and expand your skill set, this is the... | Business Insider