50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- January Jitters Jolt Stocks - S&P Loses Key 2,000 Level; Bonds' Best Month Since June 2010 | ZeroHedge
- DuMB AND DuMBKoPF... | ZeroHedge
- Meet Loretta Lynch – Obama’s Attorney General Nominee Who Might Be Even Worse than Eric Holder | ZeroHedge
- Asset Price Deflation Coming Up? | Financial Sense
- The German 10 Year Bund Effectively a Call Option at 30 Basis Points | ZeroHedge
- While We Wait for Yet Another FOMC Statement... | Financial Sense
- Obama "Engages In Envy Economics": Proposes Offshore Profit Tax To Fund Public Spending | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- REVEALED: A breakdown of the demographics for each of the different social networks | Business Insider
- Why Britain's chocolate tastes better than America's | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Cristiano Ronaldo, wearing a wig and glasses, surprised a young fan on... | Business Insider
- Dan Loeb played a crucial role in getting '... | Business Insider
- 15 Awesome Photos From Sony's 2015 World Photography... | Business Insider
- Laird leads by two at Phoenix Open | Business Insider