50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Saturday Humor: How Social Media Reacted To The Queen's First Tweet | ZeroHedge
- New York Fed's Conference Evokes Violent Thoughts Against Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Fastest Pace Of Withdrawals From JPM's Gold Vault In Over A Year | ZeroHedge
- Why America Ranks 26th In The Developed World For Math (In 1 Common Core Question) | ZeroHedge
- The 2014 Stealth Bear Market – A Transition or a Top? | Financial Sense
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Neither the US Nor China Will be an Engine For Global Growth Next Year | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Elon Musk Thinks Sci-Fi Nightmare Scenarios About Artificial Intelligence Could... | Business Insider
- Ebola And Big Data: A Call For Help | Business Insider
- SpaceX returns to Earth loaded with lab results | Business Insider
- Why Google's Job Interviews Never Last More Than 30 Minutes | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Marquez grabs pole for Malaysian MotoGP | Business Insider
- Legendary Headhunter Reveals The 3 Qualities Companies Seek In Would-Be CEOs | Business Insider