50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Proof That Golf And Economics Don't Mix | ZeroHedge
- View From Far Above | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: November 21 | ZeroHedge
- One of My Thirty Year Holds is in Play Today | iBankCoin.com
- Gold Tops $1200 As China Cuts, Draghi Jawbones | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Russia Does The (Dry) Ice Bucket Challenge | ZeroHedge
- Contrary To IRS Lies, Some 30,000 Lois Lerner "Forever Lost" Emails Have Been Recovered | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Sun Asked People To Fly The Flag For #WhiteVanGate ... And Twitter Responded In... | Business Insider
- REVEALED: The Top Demographic Trends For Every Major Social Network | Business Insider
- Kerry seeks breakthrough in troubled Iran nuclear talks | Business Insider
- By The Time Europe Finally Gets Around To Breaking... | Business Insider
- Here's How Likely Each Poker Hand Is | Business Insider
- You Can Sleep In A Giant Dog For $98 A Night On Airbnb | Business Insider
- 4 Reasons GameStop Is Crashing | Business Insider