50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Let the Allocation Commence | iBankCoin.com
- Six Current Economic Myths And Realities | ZeroHedge
- Consensus Building for 2016 Stock Market Bubble, Crash | Financial Sense
- Tumble Tuesday: Stocks Slide On Sanctions Blowback Fears, Dollar Jumps | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain How These New-New Sanctions Will Really Make Putin Mad - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- By Any Means Necessary | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- 6 Ways To Travel Around Europe On The Cheap | Business Insider
- 4 Hot Stocks to Trade (or Not) | TheStreet.com
- STOCKS FALL, RUSSIA HIT WITH FRESH SANCTIONS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ... | Business Insider
- Instagram Launches Its One-Tap Photo App Bolt To Rival TapTalk And Mirage | Business Insider
- 3 Stocks Under $10 to Trade for Breakouts | TheStreet.com