50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Surprising Decline in Consumer Confidence | Financial Sense
- Billionaires Horde $100 Million Homes At Record Pace: "Beats Gold, Because You Can Boast" | ZeroHedge
- EXODUS GODS & KINGS | iBankCoin.com
- Top Ideas Heading Into The Week | iBankCoin.com
- Ahoy, Polloi | Financial Sense
- Saturday Cinema with Le Fly: Magic in the Moonlight | iBankCoin.com
- Legal Corruption In The US: Meet The 1% Of The 1% Who Drive American Politics | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Report: The BBC has chosen its new 'Top Gear' hosts | Business Insider
- MillerCoors is being slammed for marketing Blue Moon as craft beer... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Death toll from Nepal's devastating quake passes... | Business Insider
- Beacons are moving out of the pilot phase and helping retailers and marketers revolutionize... | Business Insider
- Here's how humans are going to find alien life | Business Insider
- These are the best family cars for 2015 | Business Insider