50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 20 Billion Barrels of Oil Were Not Discovered in the Permian Basin | Financial Sense
- $1 Trillion Money Manager Downplays The OPEC Deal | ZeroHedge
- Carrier Issues Statement On Trump Deal: "Incentives Offered Were An Important Consideration" | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need To Know About The Italian Referendum (& Should Be Afraid To Ask) | ZeroHedge
- The 20 Most Sinister Psyop Leaflets Of All Time | ZeroHedge
- Is the Student Loan Bubble Getting Ready to Pop? | Financial Sense
- Gold and Silver Will Protect From Coming Financial Crash - Rickards | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- BP has found a way to get around US sanctions against Iran | Business Insider
- Syrians in Germany face a tough fight to be... | Business Insider
- Here's what the inside of Uber's self-driving car looks like | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Here’s everything your watch says about you | Business Insider
- $1.9 trillion dollars of economic value could be created by the use of... | Business Insider