50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- University of Chicago Tells Millennials to Suck It Up, "We Do Not Condone 'Safe Spaces'" | ZeroHedge
- Why There's A Media Blackout On The Native American Oil Pipeline Blockade | ZeroHedge
- The Lack Of EpiPen Competitors Is The FDA's Fault | ZeroHedge
- Why The Fed Expects 2018 Rates To Be Between 0% And 4.5% | ZeroHedge
- Could A Lithium Shortage De-Rail The Electric Car Boom? | ZeroHedge
- Did the Market Just Hit a Barrier? | Financial Sense
- Goldman: "Yellen Remarks Point To Higher Odds Of September Hike", Market Disagrees | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here’s how to see what Facebook thinks of your political views... | Business Insider
- Watch a US-led coalition airstrike level an ISIS position as the advance... | Business Insider
- 'You're at war': I went inside the new TSA Academy, where officers... | Business Insider
- Amazon is opening another bookstore and this one is in Chicago (AMZN) | Business Insider
- An undercover inmate reveals her bleak first impression of jail | Business Insider
- Netscape's billionaire cofounder Jim Clark is selling his Florida mansion... | Business Insider
- Two men pleaded guilty in a 2014 armed standoff at... | Business Insider