50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's How High Oil Prices Must Climb To Stop Saudi Arabia's Budget Bleed | ZeroHedge
- Is This Why Financial Stocks Are Plunging Again? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: September 1 | ZeroHedge
- Dudley Puts the Kibosh on September | Financial Sense
- When the Story Breaks | Financial Sense
- European Stocks Suffer Biggest Monthly Loss In 4 Years | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Tumbles To $43 Handle Despite EIA Lowering Production Estimates | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Protests break out in Ukraine over giving regions more... | Business Insider
- Lost California hiker survived 9 days with broken leg | Business Insider
- Taiwan swipe card with porn star image sells out in 4... | Business Insider
- Google has a sleek new logo | Business Insider
- Here's how much time people in US cities waste sitting in traffic | Business Insider
- 2 journalists charged in Moroccan king blackmail claim... | Business Insider
- President Obama is set to run wild with Bear... | Business Insider