50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap Dec 18, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Fog of War | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 18 | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Gold Does In a Currency Crisis | ZeroHedge
- When Shale Hedges Fail: The Downside Of Three-Ways | ZeroHedge
- The "North Korea Hacking" Scandal As Explained By The Taiwanese Animators | ZeroHedge
- The Housing Bubble Explained in One Little Gem of an Excerpt... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- The US Says 3 Senior ISIS Leaders Have Been Killed... | Business Insider
- Here's How Much Oil The World's Biggest Oil Players Are Sitting On | Business Insider
- Santa Rally Continues With Rising European Stocks | Business Insider
- SONY: No VOD Distributor Will Release 'The Interview' | Business Insider
- OpenTable Executive Explains How To Get A Job In The Food... | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' Investor Barbara Corcoran On What Drives Her, What She Invests In... | Business Insider