50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- STTG Market Recap July 10, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Frontrunning: July 10 | ZeroHedge
- An Excuse to Sell | iBankCoin.com
- Exaggerating the Dollar’s Demise | Financial Sense
- Neofeudalism's Tax Donkeys (Yes, You) And The Battle For Control Of Resources | ZeroHedge
- A Drive-Thru Look at the Market | iBankCoin.com
- Gold and the Ghost of Bail-Ins Past | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Microsoft's Virtual Assistant Cortana Sounds Like It's Going To Be Amazing (MSFT... | Business Insider
- The First Person Ever To Die In A Tesla Is A Guy Who... | Business Insider
- 14 People Who Got Fired For Tweeting | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- The Sex Worker Industry Is Still Booming In Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- The Epic Story Of How A 'Genius' Hedge Fund Almost Caused A Global... | Business Insider