50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Delaware Has One Billion Reasons Not To Change Its Laws Of Incorporation | ZeroHedge
- Gold More Productive Than Cash?! | ZeroHedge
- Iran's Supreme Leader Accuses Obama Of Lifting Sanctions Only "On Paper" | ZeroHedge
- Fed-nado Trumps AAPLocalypse: Panic-Buying Spree Pushes S&P Back Over 2,100 (And Fails) | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: World War III Has Begun | ZeroHedge
- Obama Blowback & Saudi Arabia's "Real Nuclear Option" | ZeroHedge
- George Orwell's Ghost Is Laughing - Obama's "No Boots On The Ground" Doublespeak | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's been one key change since the last Fed meeting | Business Insider
- Chipotle just reported their first ever quarterly loss and now they’re... | Business Insider
- The lessons to take away from Chernobyl might be different... | Business Insider
- Hell and high water: Life in 'the world's most miserable country... | Business Insider
- Hedge funder Edmond Safra just bought this landmarked townhouse for $20... | Business Insider
- Astronomers have discovered a new moon on the fringes of our... | Business Insider
- The $6 million settlement for police shooting of a 12-year-old... | Business Insider