50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Illusion Of Strength | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slide As NATO 'Condemns" Russian Invasion, Warns Of "Alarming Build-Up" Of Forces | ZeroHedge
- Is Portugal Next In Line For Wealth Confiscation? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 21 | ZeroHedge
- The Italian Job: How Borrowing And Printing Lead To An Economic Dead End | ZeroHedge
- "Disturbing Pattern" Continues, Administration Broke The Law With Bergdahl Swap, GAO Says | ZeroHedge
- The Ugly Truth about Diamonds | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- Ex-Police Chief Analyzes Shocking Cellphone Video Of St. Louis... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- CHENEY: Obama Would 'Rather Be On The Golf... | Business Insider
- Move Over Tesla — Google Is Now A Carmaker (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The Details Of The Kevin Love Trade Are In, And The Sixers Are Involved | Business Insider