50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Country Will Be The Next Zimbabwe... | ZeroHedge
- The US Consumer Is So Exuberant, Best Buy's Website Just Died | ZeroHedge
- Copper & Crude Crash To 4 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- A Feast of Data This Week | Financial Sense
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- Banking At The Box Office | ZeroHedge
- "We Are A Nation Built On The Rule Of Law" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 5 Ways Retailers Trick You Into Spending More Money | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Eleven beheaded bodies found in troubled Mexican state | Business Insider
- One Briton killed in Kabul suicide attack: Afghan police | Business Insider
- Here's How To Fake A British Accent | Business Insider
- The ‘Freemium’ Model Is Brilliant, But It’s Ruining My Life | Business Insider
- Tracy Morgan's Lawyer Says The Comedian May Never Be The Same | Business Insider