50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buy: $SLCA | iBankCoin.com
- Why Did Q3 GDP Jump: Thank ISIS And The "War On Terror" | ZeroHedge
- Restaurants Worth Another Look | iBankCoin.com
- New American Dream: Rented Housing and Public Transit | Financial Sense
- Hillary Clinton: "Businesses Don't Create Jobs" – Why She's Never Been More Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Slowing of World Trade Growth and Globalization | Financial Sense
- TRiCK O FReaK... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- FORGET GOLD: Here Are 11 Odd Items People Use To Store Their Wealth | Business Insider
- There's A Massive Disconnect Between The White House And... | Business Insider
- Steve Jobs On Departed Android Founder Andy Rubin: 'Big,... | Business Insider
- Jefferies Banker In The Middle Of A Very Messy Divorce Takes A Leave Of Absence | Business Insider
- OBAMA: Here's When Republicans Will Stop Calling It 'Obamacare' | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- George Lucas Explains How Hollywood Became So Brainless | Business Insider