50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Iran "Talks" - Just Another US vs Russia (And China) Power Game | ZeroHedge
- China Gloats | ZeroHedge
- Dan Wantrobski on Why We're Not at a Market Top; Corrections Still Buying Opportunities | Financial Sense
- When In Need Of Humor, NYMEX Close Delivers | ZeroHedge
- Dow Futures Down 400 From Monday Highs After Asian Open Flash-Crash | ZeroHedge
- A World Without The Welfare State | ZeroHedge
- Expect Volatility With First Decline in Corporate Earnings in Three Years | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Banking sector net interest income and net interest margins... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- One awful chart that could mean trouble for Chris Christie's presidential ambitions | Business Insider
- How to get Siri to read anything out loud | Business Insider
- Here's the 'ugly scenario' that's... | Business Insider
- McLaren: We won't build SUVs! | Business Insider
- Armed leftists take Istanbul prosecutor hostage | Business Insider