50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Corporate Buybacks Just Jump The Shark? | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan Policy Meeting Preview - Chance Of A Bond Crash? | ZeroHedge
- IRS' Lois Lerner Re-Subpoenaed After Accidentally Waiving Her Right To Plead The Fifth | ZeroHedge
- Global Risk Appetite At 2006 Levels - Nears 'Euphoria' | ZeroHedge
- The Fed in Focus This Week | Financial Sense
- Asian Gold Premiums Hit New Highs as Europe Urged to Start Aggressive QE | Financial Sense
- ZiG ZaG BeN... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russell Westbrook Visits Adorable 3-Year-Old Tornado Victim In The... | Business Insider
- Why JPMorgan Will Always Be a Better Villain Than Apple | TheStreet.com
- Goat Blocks Rush Hour Traffic For 90 Minutes On A New Jersey Highway | Business Insider
- TIME Magazine's Dramatic Tornado Cover: You Have 16 Minutes To Save Your Life... | Business Insider
- 24 Leaders Give Their Best Advice To New Graduates | Business Insider
- The Japanese Market Is Just Ridiculous | Business Insider
- How Prada Grew Its Brand Value Faster Than Any Other Last Year | Business Insider