50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In New Video, A Grateful Al-Qaeda Thanks US For Supplying Anti-Tank Missiles | ZeroHedge
- Energy Storage Tech Finally Starting to Compete With the Grid | Financial Sense
- How Illiquid Are Bond ETFs, Really? (Spoiler Alert: Very!) | ZeroHedge
- Matthew Mather's Darknet Shows Reality Is Not Far From Fiction | Financial Sense
- Goldman Finally Looks At The Freight Charts, Raises Alarm About The "Broader Health Of The US Economy" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: November 24 | ZeroHedge
- "Get Out Of Your Trucks And Run Away": US Gives ISIS 45 Minute Warning On Oil Tanker Strikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spieth gets all the tough questions at the Australian... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Harrowing pictures show how dire the European refugee crisis has become | Business Insider
- UConn stays No. 1 in AP women's hoops poll; Iowa in at... | Business Insider
- Boston Marathon bombing survivors brace for movies on... | Business Insider
- UN weather agency: It's record hot out there this year | Business Insider
- Sanders invokes MLK legacy as he aims for black support | Business Insider