50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Obamacare’s Failure Means for America | Financial Sense
- Foundation - Fall Of The American Galactic Empire | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn's Presentation How GM Can Unlock Between $13 And $38 Billion In Value | ZeroHedge
- Massive 100 Kilogram Gold Coin Worth $4.5 Million Stolen From German Museum | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta GDPNow Confirms “Hard” Data Still Disappointing | Financial Sense
- An "Under The Radar" Trump Trade Unwind | ZeroHedge
- Trump To Sign 'Energy Independence' Order Tomorrow Rolling Back Obama Climate Change Initiatives | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- ROSENBERG: The Trump rally's 'great unwind' might just be getting... | Business Insider
- 18 photos from the extended 'Walking Dead' season 7 finale | Business Insider
- 5 great tech brands you’ve probably never heard of | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to visit Iceland in the winter | Business Insider
- The FDA just approved a new drug to treat eczema... | Business Insider
- Fresh fruits and veggies aren't always healthier than frozen ones — here... | Business Insider