50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Globalization Debate (Video) | ZeroHedge
- 80% Of Central Banks Plan To Buy More Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Limo Destroyed By Anti-Trump Rioters In DC Belongs To Muslim Immigrant, Fears Livelihood Lost | ZeroHedge
- Why Barclays Downgraded Apple | ZeroHedge
- ECRI Weekly Leading Index: "Disentangling Cyclical from Structural" | Financial Sense
- US Banks: Higher Rates Vs. Weaker Loan Growth | Financial Sense
- "10 Things Learned From 3 Days In Washington D.C." | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's why the market will likely 'remain trapped in its current... | Business Insider
- Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell is on an unreal tear, utilizing a style many... | Business Insider
- Dubai is officially home to the world's busiest international... | Business Insider
- The story of 'Slender Man' — the internet’s creepiest urban legend | Business Insider
- Education experts say delaying the vote on Betsy DeVos for... | Business Insider
- 22 awesome and weird things we bought using Amazon Prime | Business Insider
- Republicans are dismayed by Trump’s false insistence that millions voted illegally | Business Insider