50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Madeleine Albright Stunner: "There's A Special Place In Hell For Women Who Don't Help" Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of America Admits The U.S. May Already Be In A Recession | ZeroHedge
- "We Can Put Refugees On Buses": Leaked Memo Shows Erdogan Blackmailed Europe For Billions | ZeroHedge
- Why The 'Sultan Of Chaos' Is Freaking Out | ZeroHedge
- Possible Silver U-Turn Report, 7 Feb, 2016 | ZeroHedge
- Apple's Trek to the Ordinary | ZeroHedge
- Don't Show Wolfgang Schaeuble This Chart | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Where to find the best food in Cuba | Business Insider
- 540 robots dancing in sync looks just as insane as you'd think | Business Insider
- Chicago police officer who fatally shot a 19-year-old is suing the deceased teen... | Business Insider
- Chart shows that botched punt return was the biggest moment of Super Bowl | Business Insider
- How a quiet boy from North Korea became one of the world's scariest dictators... | Business Insider
- The FAA is warning people not to fly... | Business Insider
- The White House wants to spend $1.8 billion to fight the untreatable Zika virus... | Business Insider