50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (PHI,IPCM,IDA,ROG,EUM)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Philippine Long Distance Telephone ADR (PHI) is currently trading at $65.61. Its 52 week range is between $47.84 and $67.5.
IPC The Hospitalist Company Inc (IPCM) is currently trading at $44.48. Its 52 week range is between $29.7 and $52.23.
IDACORP Inc (IDA) is currently trading at $42.7. Its 52 week range is between $33.88 and $43.08.
Rogers Corp (ROG) is currently trading at $40.81. Its 52 week range is $32.19 and $52.44.
ProShares Short MSCI Emerging Markets (EUM) is currently trading at $30.77. Its 52 week range is between $28.04 and $39.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Surprise, Surprise! The FED Decides to Keep Rates Steady | ZeroHedge
- Obamacare "Death Spiral" Looms As Co-Op Losses Mount | ZeroHedge
- Dear Obama, How Does A 60% Increase In NYC Homelessness Constitute A Recovery? | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- A Confused Janet Yellen Tries To Figure Out If Stocks Are In A Bubble, Fails | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Emailgate: How One Twitter User Proved The "Intent" That The FBI Missed After Months "Investigating" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price Heads for Another $75 Quarterly Gain as Fed Holds Rates, UN Warns of 'Crisis Part 3' | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SpaceX may have just figured out what blew up... | Business Insider
- Native advertising is the future of Internet marketing... | Business Insider
- There are finally signs of life in Japan's manufacturing sector | Business Insider
- Therapists say that people are 'scared' and 'distressed... | Business Insider
- Teacher at Terence Crutcher's daughter's... | Business Insider
- The fintech ecosystem explained | Business Insider
- The story of Wojtek: The 440-pound bear that drank, smoked, and carried weapons for... | Business Insider