50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Equity Futures Unable To Rally Despite Avalanche Of Bad Global News | ZeroHedge
- An Independent Scotland? | Financial Sense
- UK's Cameron Warns Scots "No Way Back" As Independence Vote Remains Too Close To Call | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Monday | iBankCoin.com
- Former BP CEO Warns "Sanctions Will Bite West" As US Gives Majors 14 Days To Wind Down Russian Activities | ZeroHedge
- Babson's Warning | ZeroHedge
- You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think You Know What it Means | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cramer Answers Twitter Questions on Alibaba IPO, Yahoo! and Baidu | TheStreet.com
- Ukraine Cease-Fire Is Falling Apart In The Pro-... | Business Insider
- The US Just Expanded Its War Against ISIS In One Very Important... | Business Insider
- Here's Everything That's Happened Since The Last Time Fed Chair Janet Yellen... | Business Insider
- This Robot Can Load A Dishwasher — Thus Solving A Massive Mathematical... | Business Insider
- How Minecraft Can Help Microsoft Beat Sony and Win the Console Wars | TheStreet.com
- How A Burger King Employee Switched Careers And Came Up With A Brilliant Startup That Could Disrupt A $... | Business Insider