50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- After 18% Rise & 8 Days Up In A Row, Hertz Withdraws 2014 Guidance & Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Argentina’s Default Raises More Questions Than Answers | Financial Sense
- How The Swiss Deal With Police Brutality | ZeroHedge
- Jack Lew's Worst Nightmare - China's Currency Should Be 20% 'Weaker' | ZeroHedge
- US Attempted To Rescue James Foley, Other ISIS Hostages, Failed Because "Hostages Were Not Present" | ZeroHedge
- China’s Credit Slowdown Raises Concerns About Overall Economic Health | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jay Carney May Still Be In The Running For Apple's Top... | Business Insider
- Markets In Europe Are Up (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- The Unnerving Precedent Of Using The National Guard To Quell Civil Unrest... | Business Insider
- I Went 10 Days Without Eating Sugar And It Was Harder Than Giving Up Sex | Business Insider
- Player Nearly Scores From The Halfway Line 4 Seconds Into A Champions League Match | Business Insider
- Ohio State's Quarterback Is Out For The Year, And It Makes The College Football Playoff... | Business Insider