50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hot Money, Cold Credit | Financial Sense
- The Latest "Inflation Evasion" Scam: Bars Serving Caramelized Rubbing Alcohol Instead Of Scotch | ZeroHedge
- The Hibachi Knife Cuts Both Ways | iBankCoin.com
- The Economic Engine Of Europe Is Beginning To Sputter | ZeroHedge
- The Business End of Social Sharing | iBankCoin.com
- Saturday Night at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- Are Covert Operations Underway in the Global Currency Wars? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: I Like CVS Over Rite Aid | TheStreet.com
- CHART: Teens Are Sharing More Of Their Data On Social Media | Business Insider
- The Japanese Market Crash Was Utterly... | Business Insider
- NFL POWER RANKINGS: Here's Where Every Team Stands With Three Months To... | Business Insider
- Amanda Bynes Showed Up To Court Looking Disheveled In A Blonde Wig | Business Insider
- Disturbing Photos Of China's Deadly Coal Mines | Business Insider