50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sweden On High Alert After Reports ISIS Militants Enter Country To "Target Civilians" | ZeroHedge
- This Is Where America's Runaway Inflation Is Hiding | ZeroHedge
- Watch Live: Congressional Hearing Pits Bill Ackman And Outgoing Valeant CEO Against Angry Senators | ZeroHedge
- America's Millennial Dream: Making 20% Less & Drowning In Debt | ZeroHedge
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
- Apple Suicide: Man With Head Wound Found Dead Inside Apple Conference Room; Gun Nearby | ZeroHedge
- Greek Default Looms In July After EU Rejects Greek Emergency Summit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 of the best honeymoon destinations in the world | Business Insider
- Facebook is soaring 10% after its dynamite earnings | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (spy, spx, qqq, dia, cmg, twtr, aapl, cmcsa) | Business Insider
- Germany will launch a new incentive scheme worth $1 billion to... | Business Insider
- Facebook is in 'a class by itself' when it comes to mobile... | Business Insider
- The 50 best restaurants in America | Business Insider
- 10 research-backed secrets to boosting emotional resilience... | Business Insider