50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Canadian Capital On Lock Down As A Result Of Ongoing "Terrorist" Shooting Incident - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- Real Hourly Wages Drop In September, Fail To Rise In 6 Of Past 7 Months | ZeroHedge
- HoW JaPaNeSe HYPeRINFLaTioN STaRTS IN ONe PiCTuRe... | ZeroHedge
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- End of U.S. Dollar Hegemony - Not | Financial Sense
- Tech Bellwether IBM Sees Big Earnings Miss | Financial Sense
- Fly Buy: $MU | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Traders Say Three Changes Have Sent The Stock Market Surging Back | Business Insider
- Oil Is Taking A Drubbing Again (USO) | Business Insider
- 'I was Patient Zero of cyber-bulling', says... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (AAPL, IBM, FB) | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Here Are The Most And Least Trusted News Outlets In America... | Business Insider
- I Waited In Line With Hundreds Of Teens To Meet... | Business Insider