50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US State Department Threatens "Consequences" For Syrian Chemical Weapons Use; Russia "Unconvinced" By UN Report | ZeroHedge
- Stalled EU-Canada Trade Deal Gets Greenlight Following Belgium Approval | ZeroHedge
- While Presidential Election Takes Focus, US Economy Slips Further | Financial Sense
- Two CSX Trains Collide Head On In Chester, Pennsylvania | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: ISIS Destroys Abrams Tank With Anti-Tank Missile | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
- The Establishment Has Rigged the System: It's Time to Shake Things Up | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This new startup let me design my own $1,000 luxury handbag from scratch | Business Insider
- J.J. Abrams is making another 'Cloverfield' movie with a surprising... | Business Insider
- Philippine President Duterte says God told him to stop swearing... | Business Insider
- Apple just showed off its newest MacBook Pro | Business Insider
- Trump to Stephanopoulos: 'You can tell your military expert that I... | Business Insider
- A Brazilian prosecutor says Trump's real estate company benefited '... | Business Insider
- Internal Amazon documents reveal a vision of up to 2,000 grocery stores across the... | Business Insider