50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bitcoin and Gold – Outlook and Safe Haven? | ZeroHedge
- Watch: Bigoted Turtleneck-Wearing Liberal Gets Tossed Off Plane For Harassing Trump Supporter! | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Boosted By Struggling US Dollar | Financial Sense
- Trump's Comments Send the Dollar Reeling | Financial Sense
- The Inheritance | Financial Sense
- Mike Pompeo Is Confirmed To Lead CIA | ZeroHedge
- May Answers the Big Brexit Question | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sprint just bought a big stake in Tidal | Business Insider
- BMW's chief designer is reportedly quitting the company | Business Insider
- Shake Shack is giving away free burgers — here’s how to get one (SHAK) | Business Insider
- Iran was caught importing potentially banned missile... | Business Insider
- Win or lose, Nintendo Switch heralds a big change for the 127-year-old company (NTDOY... | Business Insider
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 explanation didn't go far enough (SSNLF... | Business Insider
- Sean Spicer won't say what the unemployment rate is | Business Insider