50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How James Altucher and Ramit Sethi Helped Me Earn $50,000+ In The Past 40 Days | Altucher Confidential
- Spread Thin — How the Fed Manipulates Financial Spreads | Financial Sense
- Russia And China Will Hold Joint Naval Drills In Contested South China Sea | ZeroHedge
- Wild Swings in Nikkei, Yen as BOJ Disappoints Markets That Expected More QE | Financial Sense
- Gundlach: "Sell Everything, Nothing Here Looks Good" | ZeroHedge
- What Alan Greenspan Is Most Worried About | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Advance Estimate: A Major Downside Surprise | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Big data tech company Talend sees its stock soar over 50% for its IPO (TLND) | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know | Business Insider
- Venezuela is about to force people to work in the fields | Business Insider
- Fully understand the IoT with this report | Business Insider
- The 25 best private law schools in America | Business Insider
- Will the Internet of Things be bigger than the... | Business Insider
- An up-and-coming Miami neighborhood appears to be the first place... | Business Insider