50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meanwhile, This Is Who Is Quietly Buying All The Cheap Oil | ZeroHedge
- Let Oil Be Your Guide | iBankCoin.com
- Russia is de-dollarizing | ZeroHedge
- Save Yourself The $250,000: This Is What Bernanke Said Behind Closed Doors | ZeroHedge
- Chain Store Sales Growth Worst Since 2010 (Or Why "The Fed Turned The Market Around") | ZeroHedge
- Somone Really Needs To Explain To Europe What "Austerity" Means | ZeroHedge
- Market Boosted by Caterpillar (CAT) Earnings | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Go Inside Jennifer Lawrence's New $8 Million Beverly Hills... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell | Business Insider
- This Is Twitter's New Plan To Kill The Password (TWTR) | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Stock Market Today: Markets Tumble Into Close on Oil Inventory, Canadian Shooting | TheStreet.com
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- US automaker Ford starts luxury Lincoln sales in China | Business Insider