50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ex-Chairman Of Insolvent UK Bank Busted For Possession Of Cocaine, Ketamine And Crystal Meth | ZeroHedge
- Over 40% Of The S&P 500 Is In Correction Mode | ZeroHedge
- Bomb Squad Arrives At Boston Marathon Finish Line To Investigate Unattended Bags | ZeroHedge
- Is The Fed Fabricating Loan Creation Data? | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks Tumble As Investors Rush Into "Safe Haven" Italian Bonds!? | ZeroHedge
- The "Housing Recovery" Is Complete: Major US Banks' Mortgage Originations Tumble To Record Low | ZeroHedge
- This Is Your Market; This Is Your Market Without Tuesdays - Redux | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Know If Someone Is Lying To You | Business Insider
- Mary Meeker's Awesome Presentation On The State Of The Web … From 1996... | Business Insider
- Retro Video Shows Disney's Vision For The Future Of Transportation | Business Insider
- Here's How Drones Will Become A Reality In Our Daily Lives — With... | Business Insider
- PCs And Tablets Are For Making E-Commerce... | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- CNN Used A Breaking News Banner On The Sinking Of The Titanic | Business Insider