50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Secular Bull Market Has Years Left to Run | Financial Sense
- Peak Insanity: This "Trophy Apartment" In Manhattan Is Going For A Cool $250 Million | ZeroHedge
- “Road Trains” Are Ready: Who Wins, and Who Loses? | Financial Sense
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
- Sweden's Migrant Rape Epidemic Explained | ZeroHedge
- A Squeeze Play in the Making | Financial Sense
- Brits "Appalled, Disgusted" At Brexit Postal Ballot 'Fraud' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NATE SILVER: Warriors have a 69% chance to win the NBA Finals | Business Insider
- The 3 plays from the Golden State Warriors' Game 7 win that everybody will be talking... | Business Insider
- The best hotels for the ultimate private getaway | Business Insider
- NBA MOCK DRAFT: Here's what the experts are predicting for all 30 first-round picks | Business Insider
- Here's the absurdly cool reason Ferrari won't make an SUV, according to the... | Business Insider
- 24 military movies to watch over Memorial Day weekend | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek