50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Greek "White Knight" Emerges: Putin To Give Athens €5 Billion For Advance Gas Pipeline Fees | ZeroHedge
- I Need the Pain | iBankCoin.com
- Chicago Credit Risk Soars On Rahm Emanuel's Re-Election | ZeroHedge
- Well That's Never Happened Before - Exhibit 1 | ZeroHedge
- Is Saudi Arabia Setting the World Up for Major Oil Price Spike? | Financial Sense
- Is Saudi Arabia Setting The World Up For Major Oil Price Spike? | ZeroHedge
- Global Futures Slide After Worldwide Bloomberg Outage, China Tumbles On Short Selling Boost | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- A local Republican leader says Jeb Bush could have a... | Business Insider
- Chinese journalist Gao Yu, 71, jailed for 7 years: court | Business Insider
- Hamilton leads the way after Bahrain GP final practice | Business Insider
- This Wall Street analyst call makes no sense | Business Insider
- Apple just unveiled a ton of new Apple Watch Sport band colors | Business Insider
- Volkswagen is in the midst of a full-blown leadership crisis and it... | Business Insider