50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nothing Has Changed - And That's The Problem | ZeroHedge
- Ferguson In Flames, Shots Fired, Police Car Destroyed, Tear-Gas Deployed, Looting; NYC Brooklyn & Triborough Bridge & LA Freeways Blocked | ZeroHedge
- Mapping Recent "Incidents" Between Russia And NATO | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 24, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Iran Nuclear Talks Extended 7 Months; $700 Million In Monthly Sanctions Lifted | ZeroHedge
- JuSTiCe AMeRiCaN STYLe... | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Firefighters On A Desperate Search For Victims After Chicago... | Business Insider
- It'll Be A Busy 4-Day Week For The Economy — Here's Your Complete... | Business Insider
- The First 'Jurassic World' Trailer Reveals The Dinosaur Theme Park Of Our... | Business Insider
- How iOS 8 Completely Changed The Way You Use Your iPhone | Business Insider
- Here's How Legendary Industrialist Andrew Carnegie Defined Success | Business Insider
- Giants Rookie Made What Is Being Called The Greatest Catch Ever | Business Insider
- It's Deadline Day For The Best Shot To Resolve The Iran Nuclear Standoff... | Business Insider