50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia: "The New American Leaders Are Repeating Obama's Mistakes" | ZeroHedge
- How A Major Bank "Calculated" That 20x P/E Is Now "Fair Value" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Supporters Rally In Downtown Atlanta With Semi-Automatic Weapons | ZeroHedge
- Bianco: Trump Will Bring More Inflation Than Real Growth | Financial Sense
- Trump Has Syphilis? | ZeroHedge
- Trump`s Deficit Spending Plan Will Bankrupt United States | ZeroHedge
- "It's Unfair" - Hispanic Workers Upset After Being Fired For Absence On "Day Without Immigrants" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SpaceX delayed a historic rocket launch just seconds before liftoff due to a... | Business Insider
- Loads of Americans are moving to these 10 cities | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Why this startup built a grocery store filled with fake... | Business Insider
- Google helped build an app that designs you a personalized dress based... | Business Insider
- A Colorado town is getting a marijuana shop with a drive-up... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs announced a big promotion in its new online business | Business Insider