50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Art Cashin Sums It All Up | ZeroHedge
- Belgium Is Seeing A Surge In Citizenship Requests From UK Expats | ZeroHedge
- What Risk? Post-Brexit VIX Crash Is Greatest Ever | ZeroHedge
- The TARGET2 Chart Shows A Breakdown Of The Central Bank Narrative | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Quiz: Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton – Who Said It? | Financial Sense
- Judicial Watch Demands DOJ Inspector General Probe Into "Scandalous" Lynch-Clinton Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Breuphoria - Stocks Explode Higher On Biggest Short Squeeze In 7 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Libertarian Party is burning up the polls — here's what that... | Business Insider
- LinkedIn launches programmatic buying for display ads (MSFT, LNKD... | Business Insider
- Tesla might 'steal' SolarCity (TSLA, SCTY) | Business Insider
- 15 quotes that show the strange, relentless genius of billionaire Alibaba founder Jack Ma... | Business Insider
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic is going to Manchester United, and it will be... | Business Insider
- Merrill Lynch associate and Fox Business producer... | Business Insider
- Satya Nadella just showed why he’s a better CEO than Elon Musk | Business Insider