50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece Has Spent A Half-Century In Default Or Restructuring | ZeroHedge
- What It All Comes Down To On Sunday | ZeroHedge
- The Real Bubble: Average M&A Multiple Hits 16x As First Half Volume Crosses Record $1 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- BofA's Dire Prediction: Only Direct Government Buying Can Save China Stocks Now | ZeroHedge
- A 21-Year-Old Greek Unloads: "I Am Terrified Of Tomorrow...It Feels Like An End" | ZeroHedge
- Nomi Prins: In A World Of Artificial Liquidity – Cash Is King | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Condition of Prices that will Absorb the Greek Referendum Results | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 3 most important questions to ask on a first date | Business Insider
- 9 reasons why you should book your next trip to Switzerland | Business Insider
- GREECE DECIDES: Polls say 'No' voters have the lead | Business Insider
- This Republican presidential candidate has the sickest Donald Trump burn yet | Business Insider
- How to fight off a shark attack | Business Insider
- No one wants to live in this $14.5 million apartment in New... | Business Insider
- These are the 10 best airports in Asia | Business Insider