50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Recount 2016 Not the Same as Bush vs. Gore, But Uncertainty Remains | Financial Sense
- Trump's Treasury Secretary Pick Is A Lucky Man... Very Lucky | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach Turns Bearish Again: "Stocks Have Peaked, It's Too Late To Buy The Trump Trade" | ZeroHedge
- The New American Dream - A Life In Hock | ZeroHedge
- Home Prices Rose 5.1% Year-over-Year, Gains Continue in September | Financial Sense
- Who Still Lives At Home With Their Parents? | ZeroHedge
- "Strike Three" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Working a 9-5 job, buying a home, and... | Business Insider
- Von Miller resurrected his career by focusing on energy and visualizing the future | Business Insider
- An early-childhood expert reveals what parents should do to raise kind kids | Business Insider
- Canada is bracing for a surge of Mexican immigrants after Trump's win | Business Insider
- Thailand's new king just made his first public appearance | Business Insider
- Why Democrats are sticking with Nancy Pelosi... | Business Insider
- 10 drones to look out for this holiday season | Business Insider