50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Random Thoughts on a Cruise to Nowhere | Financial Sense
- Will Greece & Falling Oil Issues Stay “Contained”? – Investors on High Alert | Financial Sense
- The Surprising Consequences of the Global Frenzy for Positive Yield | Financial Sense
- Yesterday's "Dip" Was A Warning... To Get Out Of The Casino | ZeroHedge
- The Homebuilder Hope Trade Deja Vu | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Treasury Issuance Concludes With Weaker 7 Year Auction | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen Now Advises Democrats What The Fed's Monetary Policy Plans Are | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Yahoo's UK Auditors Have Resigned | Business Insider
- One Typo Brought Down A 124-Year-Old Company | Business Insider
- The President Of A Financial Firm Slammed An 'Offensive' Leaked White... | Business Insider
- American/US Airways Shares, Up 1,000% in Three Years, Take a Break | TheStreet.com
- Investor Heidi Roizen Shared A Disturbing Story That Shows How Difficult... | Business Insider
- 'American Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips Wants Out Of His... | Business Insider