50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Guy Has Eight Passports | ZeroHedge
- House Committee Passes Bill To "Audit The Fed" | ZeroHedge
- Equity Research Faces "Major Disruption" As Study Finds "Less Than 1%" Of Reports Are Actually Read | ZeroHedge
- Trump To Sign 'Energy Independence' Order Tomorrow Rolling Back Obama Climate Change Initiatives | ZeroHedge
- NYC Retail Vacancies Soar Prompting Massive Rent Concessions | ZeroHedge
- Trump Signs Executive Order Rolling Back Obama's Climate Policies: Who Benefits The Most? | ZeroHedge
- Major Bull Sees Much Smaller Returns for 2017 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- North Carolina's Luke Maye got a standing ovation in his 8 a.m... | Business Insider
- Snapchat sinks as Facebook launches a clone (SNAP) | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- The death of 'Trumpcare' is great for hospital stocks | Business Insider
- THE IMMERSIVE VIDEO... | Business Insider
- The biggest threat to the Putin administration is young — and has rubber duckies | Business Insider
- Microsoft is planning a big event for its Surface hardware — but it might... | Business Insider