50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 5 Reasons The Halliburton-Baker Hughes Deal Is Poisoned | ZeroHedge
- "Gold Is Money And Nothing Else" - JP Morgan's Full December 1912 Testimony To Congress | ZeroHedge
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
- Investor Sentiment in the Balance | Financial Sense
- The Broken Market Chronicles: For The Third Year In A Row, The "Most Shorted Names" Generate The Highest Return | ZeroHedge
- The U.S. Shale Breakeven Price Debate | Financial Sense
- Stocks Close At Recordest Highs As All Central Banks Go All In | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Will $106 Billion Be Enough To Fix Volkswagen? | Business Insider
- This Key Part Of Windows 10 Will Help Microsoft... | Business Insider
- Under threat: Kenya's iconic Nairobi national park | Business Insider
- Wawrinka gives Switzerland 1-0 lead in Davis Cup final | Business Insider
- Judge approves $450 mn deal in Apple ebook suit | Business Insider
- Scientists study rare tapeworm living in man's brain | Business Insider
- This Is A Very Strong Correlation. But Is It Spurious? (MAR) | Business Insider