50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dis-Integrating America | ZeroHedge
- Dudley Puts the Kibosh on September | Financial Sense
- CaLLiNG ALL MuPPeTS... | ZeroHedge
- Austrian Economics Is Now Equivalent To Terrorism Thanks To Latest Islamic State "Gold Standard" Propaganda Clip | ZeroHedge
- The Crisis in Which Central Banks Lose Control Has Already Begun | ZeroHedge
- The Future of the Internet Is at Risk | Financial Sense
- Why the End of China's “Strong Yuan” Policy Matters to Global Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- 'Marriage o'clock' shows why it's... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Church bells ring to mark Katrina anniversary | Business Insider
- South Sudan rebel chief orders ceasefire: spokesman | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Taylor Swift takes early lead at MTV awards | Business Insider
- Nigeria: Boko Haram uses teenager to spy on airport | Business Insider