50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Twitter Surges After Beating Expectations, MAUs Jump Despite Revenue Slowdown: The Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Ivanka Trump Booed At Women's Conference In Berlin | ZeroHedge
- Is the US Workforce Nearing Full Recovery? | Financial Sense
- Trump Announces 20% Tariff On Canadian Softwood Lumber Imports | ZeroHedge
- Google Market Cap Hits An All Time High $600 Billion | ZeroHedge
- JD Power Lowers 2017 Auto SAAR As High Discounts "Threaten Industry's Long-Term Health" | ZeroHedge
- Populism and the Long-Term Debt Cycle | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon’s best-selling air purifier meets the same standards as those used in medical... | Business Insider
- How to build a startup inside a big company... | Business Insider
- 17 stunning photos that show what the radioactive area around Chernobyl looks like more... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs is sounding the alarm on a crucial barometer for... | Business Insider
- THE MOBILE PAYMENTS IN CHINA REPORT: What the US... | Business Insider
- 7 smart shortcuts to use in your work email | Business Insider
- Here are the best things you can buy for up to half off at Eddie Bauer's big spring sale | Business Insider