50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Is The Reason Why Twitter Is Crashing After Hours | ZeroHedge
- Platinum and Palladium Analysis (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Nasdaq Volatility Spikes As "Exuberance Has Turned To Panic" | ZeroHedge
- Fed Reveals Which "Developments To Financial Stability" It Is Most Worried About | ZeroHedge
- The Walking Dead: Something Is Rotten In The Banking System | ZeroHedge
- Inflation Expectations Around The Globe Just Hit Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Clueless Fed?! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Video surfaces showing Iran-backed militia driving... | Business Insider
- A Bernie bro campaigned to me on Tinder — here's what happened | Business Insider
- LIVE: Twitter's user growth stalled in Q4 (TWTR) | Business Insider
- Here's what publishers are doing to keep up with... | Business Insider
- 12 of the strangest things people have done in a video job... | Business Insider
- Apple Music finally supports the leading wireless speaker system — Sonos (... | Business Insider
- It's nearly impossible to describe the mind-blowing experience of virtual reality | Business Insider