50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (NSC,AGII,JDAS,FIF,OSTK)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75.25. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.5.
Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII) is currently trading at $31.19. Its 52 week range is between $24.88 and $31.59.
JDA Software Group Inc (JDAS) is currently trading at $30.32. Its 52 week range is between $22.09 and $34.83.
First Trust Energy Infrastructure Fund (FIF) is currently trading at $21.94. Its 52 week range is $19.25 and $22.07.
Overstock.com Inc (OSTK) is currently trading at $8.5. Its 52 week range is between $4.97 and $11.01.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- US Manufacturing PMI Drops, Biggest Miss On Record | ZeroHedge
- Are We Addicted to Failure? | ZeroHedge
- Number Of French Jobless Rise To New Record | ZeroHedge
- A PoST CaRD FRoM GaZa... | ZeroHedge
- America's Dumbest Move Yet: Seizing A Foreign Bank | ZeroHedge
- Phantom Liquidity and Perfect Pilfering | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here Are The Must-Know Secrets To A Great Business Card | Business Insider
- Jerry Seinfeld Says He's Working On A Deal To Bring 'Seinfeld... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Google Is Going To Collect Health Information From People For A New Genetic Study | Business Insider
- People In These 11 Countries Feel More Free Than Americans | Business Insider
- Greg Maddux Was A 'Sick' Prankster Who Tormented Teammates In The Locker Room | Business Insider
- A San Francisco Startup Has Plans To Blow Up The Egg Industry | Business Insider