50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Clinkle Goes Clunk | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Quiz: Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton – Who Said It? | Financial Sense
- Dow Tops 18,000: Erases Nearly All Brexit Losses (As Bond Yields Hit Record Lows) | ZeroHedge
- Bad Earnings, Balance Sheet Rot, & The "Brelief" Rally | ZeroHedge
- Lending Club's Biggest Fund Slammed With Redemptions For 58% Of Assets, Posts First Ever Negative Month | ZeroHedge
- Hacked Emails Confirm NATO Push To Provoke, Escalate Conflict With Russia | ZeroHedge
- 14 Signs The World Is On The Verge Of Generational Chaos | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- A 'Star Wars' concept artist has seen the Han Solo spin-off script... | Business Insider
- Online retailers are starting to handle their own shipping (... | Business Insider
- Vancouver is one of the most-filmed cities in the world — here are 15 surprising... | Business Insider
- I'm a financial planner and here are 6 unbelievably stupid... | Business Insider
- Understand the payments industry in one hour with this report | Business Insider
- BERNANKE: Americans are confident in the... | Business Insider