50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pulitzer Prize Winner: Obama Is "The Greatest Enemy Of Press Freedom In A Generation" | ZeroHedge
- A Brief History Of US Money | ZeroHedge
- Buy The Drip: Thousands Of Gallons Of Oil Spill Into Ohio River Upstream Of Cincinnati | ZeroHedge
- A Team Effort in China | iBankCoin.com
- Meanwhile In Pakistan | ZeroHedge
- What Are the Smart Guys Saying? | Financial Sense
- THESE ARE THE NEW TRADES | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Sprint Is Planning to Turn Things Around | TheStreet.com
- Nintendo Is Missing Out On A Huge Opportunity By Not Addressing Diehard Fans In China | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- Introducing The ‘Chairless Chair,’ An Exoskeleton That Lets You Sit Anywhere | Business Insider
- Now Is A Good Time For Investors To Look At The Rate Sensitivity In Their... | Business Insider
- As Competitors Slum It, Apple Prepares Android-Crushing iPhone 6 | TheStreet.com
- 4 Videos Showing Front Line War Reporting By Murdered American Journalist James Foley | Business Insider