50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: The Great "American" Divide | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Silver Squeeze | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Why Bonds Aren't Dead & The Dollar Will Get Weaker | ZeroHedge
- Japan - Green Light to Crush Yen | Financial Sense
- Global Thermonuclear Devaluation | ZeroHedge
- New Highs: A View From the Top | iBankCoin.com
- Italy's New Government Approval Rating Plummets From 43% To 34% In Three Weeks, Protests Return | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fox News Video Allegedly Shows Israeli Special Forces Returning From A Mission In... | Business Insider
- What's Tough And Awesome About Being A Well-Known Couple In Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- How An Accident Turned A CNet Editor Into BlackBerry Z10 Fan (BBRY) | Business Insider
- The Stock Market Is Ripping Higher To End The Week | Business Insider
- Homebuilders' Downgrades Continue | TheStreet.com
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- The 15 New York Restaurants That Wall Streeters Love The Most | Business Insider