50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rick Santelli Has to be Pissed | iBankCoin.com
- Big Four Economic Indicators Weaken – Weather or Recession? | Financial Sense
- "It's Not Bearish, It's Simply Sane" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Mar 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- A 'Miner' Problem, $2 Billion In Negative Working Capital | ZeroHedge
- Texas Town First of Many to Switch to 100% Renewable Power | Financial Sense
- Japan "Wakes Up," Joins China-led Development Bank (And Then Backs Out) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Personal income rises more than expected in February (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- Jay Z leads stars in rebranded Tidal streaming service | Business Insider
- Inside Facebook's futuristic new campus | Business Insider
- General Motors is stopping production in... | Business Insider
- 'The Walking Dead' may have teased one of the next big villains back in... | Business Insider
- South African comedian Noah to replace Stewart on US... | Business Insider
- 'The Walking Dead' spinoff may finally tell us how the zombie apocalypse... | Business Insider