50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bonds and Currencies Brace for BoE and Fed Rate Hikes | Financial Sense
- US Housing Market Heating Up | Financial Sense
- A Philadelphia Story - 30 Blocks Of Squalor & Government Incompetence | ZeroHedge
- Is the Tide Turning? | Financial Sense
- Live From the Streets of Greece | Financial Sense
- Chinese Stocks Extend Friday's Losses Following Drop In Corporate Profits | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 27 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Marine explains which state would win if the... | Business Insider
- The first word ever sent on the internet was an accident | Business Insider
- US Olympic Committee: Boston ends 2024 Olympic bid | Business Insider
- These amazing colorized photographs bring World War I to life | Business Insider
- BLACKROCK: There are reasons to be suspicious of Dow Theory... | Business Insider
- Shanghai shares open down more than 4% after plunge | Business Insider
- 7 ways to talk about yourself without sounding like a jerk | Business Insider