50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why The US Consumer Is About To be Crushed: The Obamacare Inflationary Deluge Arrives | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap May 20 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Did The Sell-Side "Hopers" Just Give Up? | ZeroHedge
- Our "Junkie Economy" Will Soon Hit Rock Bottom | ZeroHedge
- Guatemala Central Bank Chief Arrested | ZeroHedge
- Hewlett Packard Just Reported Its Worst Revenue Since 2007: This Is How It "Beat" | ZeroHedge
- Militarization Is More Than Tanks & Rifles: It’s a Cultural Disease, Acclimating Citizens To Life In A Police State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Feds probe case of inmate locked in a... | Business Insider
- The sci-fi idea that we'll soon be growing babies in artificial wombs has... | Business Insider
- Wary Djokovic on brink of history | Business Insider
- Behavioral economist Dan Ariely reveals the primary reason people lie and cheat... | Business Insider
- So, it looks like there's a problem with how the government calculates GDP | Business Insider
- Meet the 22-year-old blogger who gets paid up to $15,000... | Business Insider
- Blast hits Shiite mosque in eastern Saudi | Business Insider