50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Termites Beneath USD Foundation Masked by Strength Against Euro/Yen | Financial Sense
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- FLY BUY: $QIWI | iBankCoin.com
- Do Not Show Jim Bullard This Chart! | ZeroHedge
- Senate Passes One-Week DHS-Funding Stop-Gap Bill, House Expected To Pass | ZeroHedge
- Steen Jakobsen Warns Of Looming US Slowdown, "I'm Long Gold... And Adding" | ZeroHedge
- Changing Trends: Stocks, Bonds, Gold, the U.S. Dollar, and Oil | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The UK is sitting on a savings time-bomb | Business Insider
- Top 10... | StreetInsider.com
- American Express' breakup with Costco will not be a complete disaster (AXP... | Business Insider
- Why smartphones are the best-selling gadgets in history | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's what you need to know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, USO, OIL, ZXP, IACI,... | Business Insider
- North Korea's nuclear weapons program is booming | Business Insider
- Science says your success in a job... | Business Insider