50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Debt Is Growing Faster Than Cash Flow By The Most On Record | ZeroHedge
- An Inconvenient Truth For Equity Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Did Bernie Sanders Just Go Full Establishment? | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing China's Rising Dominance In Trade (In 4 Shocking Maps) | ZeroHedge
- US Economy Grew At Just 0.5% In Q1, Missing Expectations, Lowest Growth Rate In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- The Future Of America? – More Than Half Of All Adults Under-30 Now Reject Capitalism | ZeroHedge
- Candidates Confirm: No Crash This Year | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 8 ways to make extra cash selling your old clothes online | Business Insider
- US military punishes 16 service members over bombing of Doctors Without Borders... | Business Insider
- NBA insider says Stephen Curry is expected... | Business Insider
- First Data plans for US growth | Business Insider
- A three-way collision of galaxies has given birth to a monstrous black... | Business Insider
- Kesha releases her first new song since her sex-assault legal drama | Business Insider
- KFC is testing edible bowls made of tortilla (YUM) | Business Insider