50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTF Chart Of The Day: SBUX Edition | ZeroHedge
- Of Keynesian Cul-De-Sacs And The Fed Creating More Financial Market Uncertainty | ZeroHedge
- 4 Reasons Growth Pains Will Replace Growth Gains in China | Financial Sense
- Two-Thirds Say American Dream Is Over | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "We Think Something Structurally Changed Since The Great Financial Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- Despair, Hope, Growth, Optimism | ZeroHedge
- American "Servants" Make Less Now Than They Did in 1910 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Markets Aren't Doing Anything | Business Insider
- Applebee's Just Killed One Of The Most Annoying Things About Eating Out | Business Insider
- 258,000 Americans Enrolled In Obamacare... | Business Insider
- Clinkle, A Buzzy Payments Startup That Hasn't Even Launched Yet, Has Laid Off 25% Of Its Staff... | Business Insider
- (Video) Student Lenders On Notice | TheStreet.com
- Here's What The Bears Get Dead Wrong About This Controversial Corporate Profits Chart | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com