50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Current State of Social Media Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- FOMC: "We Screwed Up" | ZeroHedge
- Morning Coffee Strategy | iBankCoin.com
- Low Oil Prices Hurting U.S. Shale Operations | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap October 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- No Hard-Landing for China’s Economy for Now | Financial Sense
- Globalization = Permanent Instability | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Chinese Authorities Are Shocked By The Results Of The... | Business Insider
- Spurs kick off NBA title defence by edging Mavericks | Business Insider
- Hackers breach White House computer system, Russia... | Business Insider
- Google Strikes Back At Microsoft By Landing A Huge Customer/Partner For Its... | Business Insider
- Fracking Won't Stop Even With Oil Staying at Multi-Year Lows | TheStreet.com
- Man Who Mysteriously Disappeared From A Broncos Game Found 114 Miles Away After Walking For 5 Days... | Business Insider
- Harvard Students Respond After Fox News Lambasts Their World Views | Business Insider