50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Drops, Oil Pops As Another Volumeless Buying-Frenzy Strikes Stocks | ZeroHedge
- All You Need To Know About The China Boom-Bust Cycle In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Pre-Open Buying Panic In Stocks & Crude Extends As Euro Tumbles | ZeroHedge
- Brazilian Risk Assets Slammed After New President Suffers First Corruption Scandal Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Plunge in Online Job Postings Raises Red Flag | Financial Sense
- Clinton Campaign Blames Slumping Support On Bernie "Holding Her Back" | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These retro BMW concept cars are seriously stunning | Business Insider
- Snapchat now lets you add fun stickers to photos and videos | Business Insider
- Yahoo says Marissa Mayer faced 'specific security threats... | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- This massive multiplayer Bop It is a childhood dream come true | Business Insider
- Ukrainian pilot returns home after nearly 2 years in a Russian... | Business Insider
- Swedish court upholds Julian Assange arrest warrant | Business Insider