50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 45 Facts That Show How Far America Has Fallen In This Generation | ZeroHedge
- The Big Picture For Gold And Silver | ZeroHedge
- Central Banks Biggest Concern Should Be Market Stability | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- How Good Decision Making can Save Your Ass | ZeroHedge
- Congress Brings 'Atlas Shrugged' To America With This New Bill | ZeroHedge
- 1 In 4 Americans Want Their State To Secede From The US | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama's Two Previous Defense Secretaries Are Criticizing His ISIS Policy | Business Insider
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle's CEO: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Alibaba Starts Trading at $92.70, Cramer Warns Against Buying High | TheStreet.com
- Another Huge Middle Eastern Country With An Al Qaeda Franchise Is On The Verge Of... | Business Insider
- Kenya marks anniversary of Westgate mall attack | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- James Franco Keeps Getting Censored By AOL As He Recreates Famous Movie Scenes | Business Insider