50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Foreign Policy (In One Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Sentiment Report: Is There Another Rabbit in the Hat? | ZeroHedge
- Why London, Too, Will Balk At Sanctions Against Russia (And Putin Knows It) | ZeroHedge
- Prem Watsa's 9 Observations Why There Is A "Monstrous Real Estate Bubble In China Which Could Burst Anytime" | ZeroHedge
- ALieN 2014... | ZeroHedge
- An End To Austerity? | ZeroHedge
- Japan Scrambles Jets In Response To Chinese Military Planes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Should You Buy Into the Rise of the Fuel Cell Makers? | TheStreet.com
- LEGENDARY VC: Here's The Number One Thing I Look For In An Entrepreneur | Business Insider
- eBay Rejects Carl Icahn's Board Nominees And Says His Attacks Are '... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Today's Market Is Bringing Back Even More Bad Memories (FCEL, BLDP, PLUG) | Business Insider
- US Tech Company Had 20 Employees On Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight | Business Insider
- U.S. Attorney General: Rise In Heroin Overdoses... | Business Insider