50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Turkish Hackers Threaten To Wipe Millions Of iPhones; Demand Ransom From Apple | ZeroHedge
- Surge in Global Economic Surprises, Business Confidence Continues | Financial Sense
- "They're Like The Praetorian Guard" - Whistleblower Confirms NSA Targeted Congress, The Supreme Court, & Trump | ZeroHedge
- Russia Readies Back-Up System For Potential "Split With International Banking System" | ZeroHedge
- Chris Martenson: "Why This Market Needs To Crash (And Likely Will)" | ZeroHedge
- US Ambassador to USSR: “The Whole Brou-Ha-Ha Over Contacts with Russian Diplomats Has Taken On All The Earmarks of a Witch Hunt" | ZeroHedge
- McCain: "The New World Order Is Under Enormous Strain" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the 11 fastest-growing apps in the US | Business Insider
- There's a new TV show about infamous Mexican drug lord El... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Apple just won a big victory in China | Business Insider
- Trump's treasury secretary says the threat of robots taking jobs is 'not... | Business Insider
- A visit to a Seoul escort-karaoke bar by a party of Uber execs in 2014... | Business Insider
- The YouTube ad boycott will have a minimal impact... | Business Insider