50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Demand in China Heading For Record and Reserves Increase 14 Tonnes In October | ZeroHedge
- Pedro Da Costa Has The Courage To Review Ben Bernanke's Memoir, Finds A Few Gaping Holes | ZeroHedge
- The IMF Confirms Yuan Inclusion In SDR Basket At 10.92% Weight, Above JPY And GBP | ZeroHedge
- Newly-Completed Fukushima 'Containment' Wall Already "Slightly Leaning" | ZeroHedge
- World's Largest Pension Fund Suffers $64 Billion Loss After Doubling Down On Stocks | ZeroHedge
- The Lull Before The Storm - An Ideal Chance To Exit The Casino, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- And The First To Admit Defeat In Currency Wars Is... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The star of 'Creed' wants a sequel — here's why it will probably happen... | Business Insider
- These are the 6 nightmare charts that worry... | Business Insider
- Police: Suspect in officer's death refused to drop rifle... | Business Insider
- The romance and the Kalashnikov: Pashtun cinema reborn | Business Insider
- Fathers' rights protesters climb onto Buckingham... | Business Insider
- Broncos beat Patriots 30-24 on Anderson's OT run | Business Insider