50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is The Stock Market Now "Too Big to Fail"? | ZeroHedge
- "The Biggest Problems We Face Is That We’re All Flying Blind To A Large Degree" Warns Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- "If I Don't Come Home, Look After My Wife": What Happens In China If You Sell Stocks | ZeroHedge
- The Myth Of A Russian 'Threat' | ZeroHedge
- A Winter of Discontent for Russia | Financial Sense
- One Theory About Last Monday's ETF Implosion | ZeroHedge
- Economics 102: WalMart Cuts Worker Hours After Hiking Minimum Wages | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Crude oil falls 10% after another massive inventory build (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The boss of ASOS is leaving after 15 years | Business Insider
- One of the government agents tasked with taking down Silk Road pleads guilty to... | Business Insider
- A leading graphic designer explains why she loves Google's new logo | Business Insider
- Second foreigner arrested over Thai bomb blast | Business Insider
- An old Apple patent reveals how its new TV remote will probably work (AAPL) | Business Insider