50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Egypt’s Gas Find Sets Mediterranean Geopolitics on Fire | Financial Sense
- A Worrying Set of Signals | Financial Sense
- Last Two Times this Happened, the US Was Falling into a Recession | ZeroHedge
- Tanker Rates Soar As China Hoards Saudi's "Cheap" Oil Amid Biggest Price Cut Since 2012 | ZeroHedge
- "Siryasly" | ZeroHedge
- World's Largest Sovereign Wealth Fund Is Forced To Begin Liquidating Assets | ZeroHedge
- Jim Cramer Flip-Flops Back To Bullish Following 100 Point S&P Surge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Senators to ask US general about troop levels in... | Business Insider
- Australia flanker Hooper banned for World Cup... | Business Insider
- The 9 coolest robots Alphabet is working on | Business Insider
- This chart shows where all the world’s energy comes from — and goes | Business Insider
- Two-try Macovei leads Romania to upset World Cup win | Business Insider
- Israel demolishes Palestinian attacker'... | Business Insider
- For Volkswagen, costs of scandal will be piling up | Business Insider