50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Crashing Japan, European, U.S. Markets Rebound On Firmer Oil | ZeroHedge
- EU Ready To Restrict Passport-Free Travel, Austria To Close Border | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: February 11 | ZeroHedge
- Markets Around The World Are Crashing; Gold Soars | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Is Back: 5 Year Sub CDS Soar To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Feb 12, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- OPEC Will Not Blink First | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new study shows the majority of Americans are woefully misinformed about how much they're... | Business Insider
- Bill Simmons made 3 new hires, and we're getting a better idea of what... | Business Insider
- Verizon and AT&T need new marketing gimmicks for one simple reason | Business Insider
- There’s an easy way to make your own Kanye art, and it’s addicting | Business Insider
- Teen Generation Z is wildly different from millennials — and that could be terrifying for retailers | Business Insider
- Iraqi woman charged with role in death of Kayla Mueller | Business Insider
- John Kasich's momentum seems to be carrying into South Carolina | Business Insider