50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Real" Stock Volatility In October Highest Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- The “New Normal” in EM Ex-China | Financial Sense
- Won't You Be My Neighbor? | ZeroHedge
- The Idea Matrix – What Changed Everyone’s Life After “Choose Yourself” | Altucher Confidential
- Meanwhile, This Is Who Is Quietly Buying All The Cheap Oil | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing PMI Tumbles, Biggest Miss In 14 Months | ZeroHedge
- Ebola 2014 Is Mutating As Fast As Seasonal Flu | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sweden Is Learning Just How Insanely Difficult It Is To Capture An Enemy... | Business Insider
- Daimler Just Made Almost $800 Million By Selling... | Business Insider
- An Antarctic Explorer's Notebook Is Discovered After A... | Business Insider
- The Point Guard The Miami Heat Drafted For LeBron James Has... | Business Insider
- 22 Mouthwatering Pictures Of Sushi At New York's Best New Restaurant | Business Insider
- Nadal crushes Herbert for Basel last-eight place | Business Insider
- Really, You're Earning Less Money | Business Insider