50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (PSMT,MLI,XLB,GVA,FDP)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
PriceSmart Inc (PSMT) is currently trading at $72.53. Its 52 week range is between $56.25 and $84.32.
Mueller Industries Inc (MLI) is currently trading at $43.67. Its 52 week range is between $35.51 and $49.86.
Materials Select Sector SPDR (XLB) is currently trading at $35.55. Its 52 week range is between $27.77 and $37.97.
Granite Construction Inc (GVA) is currently trading at $28.57. Its 52 week range is $17.5 and $30.49.
Fresh Del Monte Produce Inc (FDP) is currently trading at $24.61. Its 52 week range is between $21.8 and $26.94.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Gold Standard and Debt Jubilee | ZeroHedge
- Jim Grant Is "Very Bullish On Gold" | ZeroHedge
- Children Of The American Police State: Just Another Brick In The Wall | ZeroHedge
- Top 25 Corporate Pension Plans Alone Are Underfunded By Over $225 Billion | ZeroHedge
- As Predicted, Obamacare Is Absolutely Killing The Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: August 23 | ZeroHedge
- Gilts Spike After Cover Ratio In Today's 15Y+ POMO Tumbles, BOE Buys All Bonds At Premium | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is how Taco Bell, Starbucks, and other fast-food chains are... | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- Tesla will announce a new product today | Business Insider
- Trump campaign manager: The polls are wrong because we have '... | Business Insider
- Rare joint statement from Japan, China, South Korea: North... | Business Insider
- The sneaky way Frank Ocean got out of his record contract to release his acclaimed new... | Business Insider
- Car companies spent a lot of money advertising during... | Business Insider