50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Greece About To "Lose" Its Gold Again? | ZeroHedge
- Cybersecurity Companies in the "Military-Internet Complex" | Financial Sense
- S&P Earnings Pass Halfway Mark | Financial Sense
- Bad News About Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- Volatility Is The Square Root Of Time & Fat Tails | ZeroHedge
- Dramatic Images From The Mount Everest Avalanche | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google executive among those killed on Everest after massive Nepal... | Business Insider
- Why Google+ failed, according to Google insiders (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Nepal earthquake: Live Report | Business Insider
- Amazon's true brilliance shone this week in a tale of three... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank Q1 profits fall 50% over litigation costs | Business Insider
- Watch these scientists freak out when they encounter a rare whale | Business Insider
- The cofounder and CFO of Box once made an awkward appearance on a reality TV... | Business Insider