50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- NYSE Margin Debt Declined in January | Financial Sense
- This Is What The Entire World Frontrunning The ECB Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- Russia Warns NATO: Any Threat In Ukraine Will See Military Response | ZeroHedge
- Heroes, Villains, & Empty Suits | ZeroHedge
- Breaking Bad (Debt) - Episode 2 | ZeroHedge
- Paul Krugman Is The Brian Williams Of Economics Bloggers | ZeroHedge
- The Next Empire | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- If you're having trouble finding a room in Omaha, Warren Buffett suggests you check... | Business Insider
- Here's your complete preview this week's big economic events | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today | Business Insider
- This graphic poking fun at people who never delete their emails is... | Business Insider
- Europe's factories are still creeping towards growth | Business Insider
- The 32 best prospects in the 2015 NFL Draft | Business Insider
- Dating app Tinder premium plan aims at under-30 crowd | Business Insider