50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "End Torture," Ron Paul Demands "Shut Down The CIA!" | ZeroHedge
- THe SCHLoCK HeaRD RouND THe WoRLD... | ZeroHedge
- Futures Levitate As FOMC Begins Two-Day Meeting | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- You Know Iraq's Bad When... | ZeroHedge
- GDP Deja Vu Stunner: Over Half Of US Growth In The Past Year Is From Inventory Accumulation | ZeroHedge
- President Obama To Explain How Inventory Stuffing Is Good For All Of Us - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It Is 'Highly Unlikely' Snapchat Will Raise A Boatload Of Money From *Alibaba* | Business Insider
- BLACKROCK: Investor Fatigue Seems To Be Setting In | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Your iPad (AAPL) | Business Insider
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- REVIEW: LG's New G3 May Be The Best Giant Screen Phone Yet, But There's Still One Problem | Business Insider