50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dow Futures Down 900 Points From Pre-Brexit Highs, Plunge Below Friday's Crash Lows | ZeroHedge
- South China Sea: Storm In A "Far Larger" Indian Ocean Teacup | ZeroHedge
- Why America Is Likely to Remain a Global Superpower | Financial Sense
- Sisters | Altucher Confidential
- EURO UNDeRTaKeR... | ZeroHedge
- US Services Economy Disappoints As 'Optimism' Plunges To Record Lows | ZeroHedge
- Brexit "Do Over" Petition Exposed As A Scam... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How a new deal between the UK and EU would affect UK... | Business Insider
- Dallas Fed manufacturing index falls more than expected | Business Insider
- 4 ways to get customers to buy more | Business Insider
- A clever Easter egg was hidden in a smaller 'Game of Thrones' finale... | Business Insider
- Hong Kong wants to know when its residents get detained in... | Business Insider
- There are only 13 episodes left of 'Game of Thrones' — but that could... | Business Insider
- Prepare for 'aftershocks' following the global market earthquake | Business Insider