50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lucid Dreaming! | Financial Sense
- Alternative Measures Suggest Weaker Economy | ZeroHedge
- European & Russian Stocks Surge Despite Tumbling Bund Yields | ZeroHedge
- THe LiBeRaToR... | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns Additional Chinese Stimulus Risks Global Financial Stability | ZeroHedge
- Salvador Dali - Central Banker? | ZeroHedge
- Sorry, Angelo Mozilo Can't Be Sued: He Is Sick | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why HP's PC Sales Gains May Not Last | TheStreet.com
- These Charts Show How The World Feels About 8 Moral Issues | Business Insider
- Salesforce.com Reports Earnings: A Solid Beat And It Has Raised Its Guidance For The... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- The States Where Students Scored The Highest On AP Exams | Business Insider
- DOW AND S&P CLIMB, NASDAQ SLIPS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, IEP,... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TGT, HTZ, LOW) | Business Insider