50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THe ALiBaBa IPO PaRaDiGM... | ZeroHedge
- Can the Economy Withstand Another Housing Breakdown? | Financial Sense
- How Does the Stock Market Perform During Rate Hikes? | Financial Sense
- Weekend Video Analysis 09/20/14 | iBankCoin.com
- Caterpillar Posts Record 21 Consecutive Months Of Declining Global Retail Sales, Worse Than Financial Crisis | ZeroHedge
- America’s Big Bet On Natural Gas And Big Short On Coal | ZeroHedge
- Slippery When Wet | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ronaldo leads eight-goal rout of Deportivo, Atletico held... | Business Insider
- Kranjcar leaves it late to rescue QPR against Stoke | Business Insider
- Marissa Mayer Could Buy AOL Tomorrow If She Wanted To — A Deal Tim Armstrong Has Wanted In The... | Business Insider
- Here's How To Mathematically Beat Anyone At Rock-Paper-Scissors | Business Insider
- Alibaba Would Be The 12th Biggest Company In The S&P 500 | Business Insider
- 'Keg is tapped' -- Oktoberfest opens to toast... | Business Insider
- Albania tightens security ahead of pope visit | Business Insider