50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mixed Emotions for the Gold Market | ZeroHedge
- The But-For Test; A Refined List of Buyout Targets | iBankCoin.com
- The Real Cost Of War | ZeroHedge
- The Manufacturing World Suddenly Goes Into Reverse: Global August PMI Summary | ZeroHedge
- ISM Manufacturing Surges With New Orders At 10-Year High; Construction Spending Jumps Most In Over 2 Years | ZeroHedge
- Gold Is the Money of Kings, Debt the Money of Slaves | Financial Sense
- Europe's Fantastic Bond Bubble: How Central Banks Have Unleashed Mindless Speculation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Novartis Japan admits concealing drug side effects | Business Insider
- Should You Worry About That Mole? Here's How To Tell | Business Insider
- What 21 Actors Were Like In High School | Business Insider
- Man Accused Of Leaking Naked Celebrity iCloud... | Business Insider
- This Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone No One Is... | Business Insider
- Djokovic downs Kohlschreiber to reach US Open quarter-... | Business Insider
- Labor Day Blues Show Jobs Don't Pay Like They Once Did | TheStreet.com