50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Deadly Summers, Sandy Koufax And Lucky Golfers Can Tell Us About Bonds | ZeroHedge
- Janet Yellen To Discuss "The New Normal For Monetary Policy" | ZeroHedge
- Dan Wantrobski on Why We're Not at a Market Top; Corrections Still Buying Opportunities | Financial Sense
- Are We In A Biotech Bubble? You Decide | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The Only Truly Compliant, Submissive Citizen In A Police State Is A Dead One | ZeroHedge
- Finally The "Very Serious People" Get It: QE Will "Permanently Impair Living Standards For Generations To Come" | ZeroHedge
- Peak Gold? Goldman Calculates There Is Only 20 Years Of Gold Supply Left | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Spanish star Xavi signs with Qatari side | Business Insider
- UN staff flee Yemen as Hadi urges decisive campaign | Business Insider
- A huge gamer convention that threatened to withdraw from Indiana over its 'anti-... | Business Insider
- Norway's island prison for violent criminals looks like no prison we've ever seen | Business Insider
- Alps crash captain shouted 'open the damn door' | Business Insider
- El Nino is heating the ocean around California, but won't deliver the... | Business Insider
- Obama may be on the cusp of his 'legacy-setting' foreign policy achievement | Business Insider