50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dead People Are Voting In The Key Swing State Of Colorado | ZeroHedge
- Apple Tumbles After Channel Checks Reveal iPhone 7 Exuberance Misplaced | ZeroHedge
- Where Hubbert Went Really Wrong on Peak Oil | Financial Sense
- It's Official: America Is Not The Greatest Country On Earth... It's 28th! | ZeroHedge
- Why Much of Asia Is Thankful for the Upcoming iPhone Release | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: September 23 | ZeroHedge
- "The Hillary Coverup Operation" - How PRN Described Clinton's 60-Day "Email Retention Policy" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People are freaking out about what will happen to Brad Pitt and Angelina... | Business Insider
- REMITTANCES EXPLAINED: How funds are transferred across borders, and why digital is poised... | Business Insider
- 200 million Americans have this carcinogen in their drinking water | Business Insider
- A psychologist says too many companies train their salespeople... | Business Insider
- REVEALED: Leaked video shows Snapchat's new glasses | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- There's a new fan theory about Harry Potter and his cupboard that'... | Business Insider