50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Visualizing The Collapse Of The Middle Class In 20 Major U.S. Cities | ZeroHedge
- Our State-Corporate Plantation Economy | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion Slips Again from 'MAJOR' Hurdle of 2011 Downtrend as IMF Raises Global GDP Forecasts | Financial Sense
- Trump Administration Begins Quiet Preparations For Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- China Update - Why Is the Consensus Now So Optimistic? | Financial Sense
- The Simple Reason Why A Second American Civil War May Be Inevitable | ZeroHedge
- Rising Rates and Shrinking Balance Sheets Pose Risks Ahead | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Oscar Isaac talks about the role that will stay with him and working... | Business Insider
- Milo Yiannopoulos announces 'grand comeback tour' at UC Berkeley | Business Insider
- Facebook continues global connectivity efforts (FB) | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs are facing the same question — but for very... | Business Insider
- House Oversight Committee ranking member: All Democrats deserve blame for 2016 loss | Business Insider
- An existential threat looms over Mark... | Business Insider
- Jimmy Kimmel hilariously mocks Starbucks' 'latest abomination... | Business Insider