50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Top Ebola Scientists: Ebola More Likely to be Spread by Aerosol In Cold, Dry Conditions than In Hot, Humid Africa | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need To Know About Blue Chip Earnings In One (Ugly) Table | ZeroHedge
- When The Line Between Halloween & Real Life Terror Gets Blurred | ZeroHedge
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Back to the Future with These Two Iconic Brands | iBankCoin.com
- Reminder About the New Weekly Strategy Session Look | iBankCoin.com
- What's Avant-Garde Now? Social Innovation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The First Canceled Show Of The Fall TV Season | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Here's How We Ranked The Best Suburbs In America | Business Insider
- Lakers guard Nash to sit out NBA season | Business Insider
- Texas nurse Nina Pham cured of Ebola | Business Insider
- Supermodel Chrissy Teigen Quits Twitter After... | Business Insider
- Why Sears Was Doomed Back In 1978 | Business Insider