50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- When The Fed’s Refi Madness Ended, Bank Mortgage Profits Evaporated | ZeroHedge
- Mohamed El-Erian Quits Pimco, Becomes A Blogger | ZeroHedge
- Well Well Well Well Well | iBankCoin.com
- Direct Edge Breaks | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong "It's Not the Rich – It's The Total Cost Of Government That Is Killing The Economy" | ZeroHedge
- Spot The "Recovering" European Periphery | ZeroHedge
- Morning Euphoria Fizzles As Biotechs Turn Red Again | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trading Radar for 04/10: Rite... | StreetInsider.com
- These Beautiful Maps Show You How Close Your Next Cup Of Coffee Can Be | Business Insider
- The Incredible Story Of The Emoji — Told Entirely In Emojis | Business Insider
- This Pregnancy App Wants To Help You Choose The Sex Of Your Unborn Baby | Business Insider
- Yahoo Soars On Earnings Even Though Its Underlying Business Is Still Stagnant (YHOO) | Business Insider
- The UK Unemployment Rate Just Plunged, And The Pound Is Surging | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Good-News Monday | TheStreet.com