50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Warning: Three Major Bellwethers are on Red Alert | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Border Wall May Force Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- Another DHS “Exercise” Planned: The Risk of Terrorism Drills Becoming Reality | ZeroHedge
- Gold Slammed Below $1250 After Fed Fischer 'Dovish' Comments | ZeroHedge
- Italian Officials Call For Investigation Of Soros-Supported NGO Migrant Fleet | ZeroHedge
- LA, Chicago, & New York Vow To Defy Trump Over Sanctuary City De-Funding | ZeroHedge
- A Big Tailwind for the Stock Market Has Now Dissipated | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Iran says Russia can use military bases on 'case by... | Business Insider
- Columbia is having a massive winter clearance sale — and more of today's... | Business Insider
- The perfect book to read at every stage of your career | Business Insider
- NASA just launched a new tool that lets you search nearly 100 years of beautiful space porn | Business Insider
- Congress just voted to allow your internet provider to sell your online history and data — here... | Business Insider
- A guide to every kind of engagement ring, and what you should know before buying one | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider