50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Echo Boomers Will Fire Up Housing Market | Financial Sense
- Foreign Staff, Dozens Of Students Trapped Inside American University In Afghanistan After Gunmen Storm Campus | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong: "They Will Rig The Game... They Can't Afford A Trump Victory" | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Cheers "Anti-Establishment" Victory At Trump Rally - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- "The End Will Be Very Painful" Massive European Pension Fund "Single Biggest Concern" Is "Central Bank Pumping" | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market 2015-2016: Ugly Chopfest With An Equally Ugly Megaphone | ZeroHedge
- Another Cog In The Exploding Resentment Wheel | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yes, that's Linus Torvalds happily chatting with Microsoft folks at... | Business Insider
- Hyundai's new Genesis luxury brand just introduced its first car — and it looks amazing... | Business Insider
- This infographic explains why the demand lithium-Ion batteries is... | Business Insider
- The Navy's F-35 variant has successfully completed testing with a max... | Business Insider
- Netflix releases trailer for documentary about Audrie Pott and... | Business Insider
- Watch this woman's hilarious reaction to Trump... | Business Insider
- THE FALSE... | Business Insider