50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Going Into Q3, Hedge Funds Have Never Been More Bullish | ZeroHedge
- Technical Glitch Downs Bank Of England's $110 Trillion Payments System | ZeroHedge
- ECB Unleashes (Covered) Bond Buying Program, Sovereigns Sell Off | ZeroHedge
- Obama's Latest Speech About The Economic "Recovery" Results In Mass Audience Exodus | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- MeaT THe FaRCeSToNeS... | ZeroHedge
- A Robotic Rally | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- POLL: Key Voters Say US 'Out Of Control Right Now' | Business Insider
- The Nikkei Is Booming Again After Last Week's Brutal Sell-Off | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- China’s Rapid Growth Model Is About To Slam Into A Wall | Business Insider
- Amazing Video Shows A Mystery Man Running Into A Burning House To Save... | Business Insider
- Canada raises 'terrorism' alert after soldier killed... | Business Insider
- The Best Late Night Food Joints At 32 Colleges Around The US | Business Insider