50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- July 26-27 – The Fed Will Put Us on Notice for a September 20-21 Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- Another Ugly Auction: Treasury Sells $34BN in 5Y Paper With Big Tail, Lowest Bid To Cover Since 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Miami Police Station Evacuated, Bomb Squad Detonates Suspicious Package | ZeroHedge
- Yen Plunges On Yet Another Strawman Headline About Stimulus, Then Surges On Denial | ZeroHedge
- Russia Foreign Minister Responds To Allegation It Is Behind DNC Hack: "I Don't Want To Use Four-Letter Words" | ZeroHedge
- Sovereign Debt Downgrades Accelerate in 2016 | Financial Sense
- Judge Rules Bitcoin Isn't Money Because It "Can't be Hidden Under A Mattress" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TRUMP: Anthony Weiner is a 'sleazeball and a pervert' | Business Insider
- Skinny bundles are not saving Dish subscriptions (DISH) | Business Insider
- This is the laptop backpack every new college student should consider buying... | Business Insider
- A booming NYC fast-food chain just fixed the biggest limitation with Indian food in... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- A Wall Street investor is trying to cash in on one of China’s most pressing problems... | Business Insider
- This map shows where 25 iconic movies were filmed in New York City | Business Insider