50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chicago Fed Contracts For 4th Month In A Row As Initial Jobless Claims Hover Near 40 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- David Cameron's New Thought Police | ZeroHedge
- Time to Sell Junk Bonds? Maybe Not | Financial Sense
- How China's (Formerly) Richest Man Destroyed His Own Fortune When He Tried To Sell A Stock | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion “Less Sexy” Than Bitcoin … For Now | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: 10 Images That Suggest America Is Becoming A Lot Like Nazi Germany | ZeroHedge
- Economic Hope Crashes By Most Since 2013 Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 5/22... | StreetInsider.com
- The most important character in the DC Universe isn’t Batman or Superman — it’s The... | Business Insider
- People are really bad at knowing what they don't know | Business Insider
- Philly Fed manufacturing index falls in May | Business Insider
- STOCKS FALL, DOLLAR SURGES: Here's what you need to know (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USO, WTI, OIL) | Business Insider
- French adventurer seeks Pacific record with 'flying... | Business Insider
- App developers think Apple just created a new market that will be worth... | Business Insider