50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- This Is What A 8900% 1-Day Profit Looks Like | ZeroHedge
- Insolvent Chinese Construction Company Gets Last Minute Bailout, Avoids China's Second Bond Default | ZeroHedge
- New Home Sales Collapse 20% From May To Dec 2012 Levels; Biggest Miss In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Actually Apple's Net Cash Hasn't Grown In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- MYSTeRiouS WHiTe FLaGs... | ZeroHedge
- You Know It's Bad When... | ZeroHedge
- GM Announces Another 718K Recalls, Bringing 2014 Total To Nearly 30 Million | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Biggest Tourist Scams Travelers Need To Watch Out For | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Investors Should Look For Fund Managers With Skin In The Game | Business Insider
- Here's What Your Handwriting Says About You | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know This Morning (AAPL, MSFT,... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Tesla Will Temporarily Stop Making The Model S To Gear Up For Its New SUV | Business Insider