50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Construction Spending Growth Slumps To 2015 Lows | ZeroHedge
- IMF Reiterates Greece Disqualified for Bailout, Participation Depends on Debt Relief and Reforms | Financial Sense
- If Price Insensitive Buyers Become Sellers, Will The Entire Market Collapse? | ZeroHedge
- LIBOR Scapegoat Found Guilty, Sentenced To 14 Years | ZeroHedge
- AAPL Stock Tests Key Technical Level For First Time Since 2013 | ZeroHedge
- Why Did Greece Get 'Bitch-Slapped', While Ukraine Got Some 'Good-Loving' From Europe? | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Crashes To $45 Handle - Lowest Since March | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A California city is paying would-be murderers not to shoot anybody — and it's... | Business Insider
- China manufacturing index hits two-year low: survey | Business Insider
- Can you spot the drowning child in this photo? | Business Insider
- This 12-minute workout plan will make intense... | Business Insider
- 5 signs you're trying too hard to please people at work | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Greece's industry has been absolutely obliterated by the bank and bailout... | Business Insider