50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Jeff Gundlach's Key To Successful Investing | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Bloodbath After BoJ Disappoints - Nikkei Drops 1000 Points, USDJPY Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Is Wall Street Cyber Secure? | Financial Sense
- Candidates Confirm: No Crash This Year | Financial Sense
- America's Entitled (And Doomed) Upper Middle Class | ZeroHedge
- Suspect Dressed In Panda Suit Shot After Entering Fox Baltimore Studio And Claiming To Have A Bomb | ZeroHedge
- Silver “Momentum Building” As “Supply Trouble Brewing” | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- If your city doesn't already have a Chipotle, it sounds like you're not... | Business Insider
- A new Tennessee bill lets counselors refuse... | Business Insider
- The brutal cull on Wall Street (probably) isn't finished... | Business Insider
- Yale will keep the name of a fervent advocate of slavery on one of its... | Business Insider
- Sanders supporters are lashing out at Democratic... | Business Insider
- Domino's is getting demolished after a huge miss on earnings | Business Insider
- The best cheese dish from 19 countries around the world | Business Insider