50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Great Graphic: Eurozone Output PMI and GDP | Financial Sense
- Futures Pushed Higher On Weaker Yen, But All Could Change With Today's "Most Important Ever" Jobs Number | ZeroHedge
- Sync: The Unconscious Life of the Market | Financial Sense
- A Few Afternoon Hits | iBankCoin.com
- Small Bombs Under $10 | iBankCoin.com
- Jim Rogers Cautions "Be Prepared, Be Worried, And Be Careful... This Is Going To End Badly" | ZeroHedge
- The Last Two Times This Happened, Things Didn't End Well | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- PERSONAL INCOME DECLINES | Business Insider
- 7 Holiday Party Conversation Starters | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: People Watch A Lot Of TV | Business Insider
- 10 Competitive Jobs That Everyone Wants But Hardly Anyone Gets | Business Insider
- Finally, You Can Play Video Games With Your Mouth Or Your Rear | Business Insider
- Philadelphia Sushi Bar Owner Stabs Armed Man Trying To Rob Him | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: GE GM CONN TCBI | TheStreet.com