50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Broken Stocks, Battered Bullion, & Bruised Crude | ZeroHedge
- Gold Drops Below $1200 On Heavy Volume, Silver Freefalls To Feb 2010 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Market Boosted by Caterpillar (CAT) Earnings | Financial Sense
- THE RAILS WILL GET THEIR REVENGE | iBankCoin.com
- Flat Futures Foreshadow FOMC Statement Despite Facebook Flameout | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 29 | ZeroHedge
- The Colder War: How the Global Energy Trade Slipped From America's Grasp | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There It Goes Again — Russian Ruble Falls To New Record Lows | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Big, Beautiful Photos Of Google's Gigantic New Phone, The Nexus 6 (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The Drop In Oil Prices Is A Godsend For China | Business Insider
- Tax summit in Berlin aims to say goodbye to banking... | Business Insider
- Fed's Bond Buying Ends, but Rates Could Stay Low for Years | TheStreet.com
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek