50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Dylan Stole The Nobel Prize And You Can Too | Altucher Confidential
- John McCain Issues Statement On The "Integrity Of The US Election System" | ZeroHedge
- Dakota Access Pipeline Coalition Lashes Out At Obama's Attempt To "Ignore The Rule Of Law" | ZeroHedge
- The Morning After: What All Newspapers Are Leading With After Last Night's Debate | ZeroHedge
- German Bund Yields Tumble Back Below Zero For First Time In 2 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in September | Financial Sense
- "Prepare For More Volatility As Yield 'Hunger Games' Comes To An End" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside an eerie California gold rush town that laid abandoned for 70 years | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- THE BLOCKCHAIN REPORT: Why the technology behind Bitcoin is seeing widespread investment and early... | Business Insider
- There's one type of zombie you'll never see on '... | Business Insider
- A major 'Game of Thrones' set leak has fans psyched about a character's... | Business Insider
- Chuck Todd presses top Trump adviser on why he won't blame Russia for... | Business Insider