50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Gets Creative, Turns To Swaps To Manage Yuan | ZeroHedge
- The Complete Jackson Hole Schedule | ZeroHedge
- What Would Happen If Everyone Joins China In Dumping Treasurys? | ZeroHedge
- THe EMPReSS MoNeY PRiNTeR... | ZeroHedge
- You Are Cordially Invited, Once Again | iBankCoin.com
- China's Great Wall Of Worry - Goldman Warns China Options Signal Caution Ahead | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: China Confirms It Has Begun Liquidating Treasuries, Warns Washington | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boeing: Don't worry about China's economy — they're... | Business Insider
- Skins' RG3 evades concussion questions, OK'd to... | Business Insider
- TV academy, actors union toast diversity at pre-Emmy party... | Business Insider
- Bolt back in relay, chases 3rd gold at worlds in Beijing | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Virginia governor says TV gunman planned to hurt more... | Business Insider
- Rubio says strength is only way to maintain peace with... | Business Insider