50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Is Keeping FBI Director Comey | ZeroHedge
- Runaway Credit Card Debt Makes 2017 Look Like 2007 | Financial Sense
- Davidowitz: Brick-and-Mortar Retail an "Absolute Train Wreck" | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts Asks "Are Americans Racists?" | ZeroHedge
- A Preview Of Trump's Seven Imminent Executive Orders | ZeroHedge
- Being Ignored Can Be A Blessing | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach: The Biggest Risk to the Current Rally Is Donald Trump | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The star of 'Ben-Hur' says its failure at the box office 'breaks my heart... | Business Insider
- BMW's chief designer is reportedly quitting the company | Business Insider
- Trump's supporters looking forward to what's next as their choice is sworn in as... | Business Insider
- Amazon is expanding into the auto parts market (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The title of the next 'Star Wars' movie is here: 'The Last Jedi... | Business Insider
- A couple who saved $50,000 to travel the world talks earning, spending, and working their... | Business Insider
- All anyone could talk about at the premier conference of global elites was the man who wasn't... | Business Insider