50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece Shows Importance of Gold as Europeans Buy Coins and Bars | ZeroHedge
- China Makes It Official, Launches The Bank That Humiliated Washington | ZeroHedge
- NATO Member Turkey Breaks Ranks: Slams EU Austerity, Offers Greek Aid | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Central Banks Snap Up Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Greek Contagion Spreads As Several Italian Bank Stocks Failed To Open | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan Just Cornered The Commodity Derivative Market, And This Time There Is Proof | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: June 29 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- SoundCloud's CEO gave an awkward interview... | Business Insider
- How to overcome the pressure of checking your email all the... | Business Insider
- The US Air Force’s B-1 bomber just turned 30 | Business Insider
- Second escaped New York inmate shot near Canadian border | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- This will be the trickiest market for traders on Monday (EUR, USD, AUD, NZD, ZAR, TRY, BRL... | Business Insider