50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Age of the Intelligent Machine | Financial Sense
- Either Banks Are Cheap... Or The Market's Gonna Crash | ZeroHedge
- Russian-OPEC Production Cut Remains a Long Shot | Financial Sense
- Japan In Turmoil: Stocks, USDJPY, Bond Yields Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Three Reasons To Be Worried About The Economy | ZeroHedge
- Global Markets Stunned By Biggest Japan Crash Since 2013; All Eyes On Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- Turkey, Saudi Arabia Mull Syria Ground Invasion As Russia, Hezbollah Decimate Rebels | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- FBI confirms its 'ongoing' investigation into Hillary... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- This is the world's first lab-grown meatball | Business Insider
- Bud Light just revealed its obsession with American millennials | Business Insider
- The finance industry just saw more job growth than it has in... | Business Insider
- Denver Broncos players slam Cam Newton following... | Business Insider
- This Caribbean island is completely overrun with swimming pigs | Business Insider