50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Technology, Not Trade or Regulations, Killed Manufacturing in America | Financial Sense
- Trump's Tax Cuts Imply Billions Worth Of Deferred Tax Asset Writedowns For Wall Street Banks | ZeroHedge
- Intriguing Predictions On Trump's Plan For Federal Reserve | ZeroHedge
- Beyond Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reasons Why Another American Civil War Is Possible | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Rises To 10-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Gold Suffers Sharp Decline as Oil Jumps | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We got to see how IBM's Watson supercomputer could help diagnose a... | Business Insider
- SpaceX wants to launch 10 satellites in December — but... | Business Insider
- Labor force participation ticks down | Business Insider
- NFL insider Adam Schefter will now moonlight as... | Business Insider
- Pluto is hiding a gigantic liquid ocean you would never, ever want to swim in | Business Insider
- San Bernardino is marking the one-year... | Business Insider
- How one Trump voter lost her home to his pick for Treasury... | Business Insider