50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- French President Fires Back At Trump Over Paris Comments | ZeroHedge
- Charts Of The Week: 10 Reasons To Be Cautious In This Market | ZeroHedge
- JPMorgan Explains What Causes The Market's 3:30pm Ramp | ZeroHedge
- Man In Hiding After Confessing To Illegal Fundraising For The Clintons: "Fears Untimely Death" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Says He Will Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner | ZeroHedge
- CIA Funded Google and Facebook Shouldn't Persecute Alex Jones and NaturalNews.com | ZeroHedge
- Watergate's Bob Woodward: "Press Shouldn't Whine About Trump, It Doesn't Work With The Public" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A forgotten war technology could safely power Earth for millions of years.... | Business Insider
- These 13 online classes will help you learn something new in 2017 — and they’re all $... | Business Insider
- Berkshire Hathaway profits jump 15% (BRKA, BRKB) | Business Insider
- WARREN BUFFETT: 'Every decade or so, dark clouds will fill the economic skies,... | Business Insider
- Malaysia declares... | Business Insider
- BUFFETT: 'A CEO whose focus is centered on Wall Street will be tempted to make... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek