50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q4 Earnings Shaping Up Weakly | Financial Sense
- Another Bailout: FXCM To Forgive 90% Of Its Mostly Foreign "Negative Balance" Customers | ZeroHedge
- Greece is the Canary In the Coal Mine for the $100 TRILLION Bond Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Greek Stocks Crash, Bonds Plummet, Banks Have Worst Day Ever | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap Jan 28, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Market Wrap: All Eyes On Yellen Who Better Not Disappoint | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Liquidity Is The Lowest Ever For An FOMC Day | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What Happens When America's Biggest Ferrari Collectors Bring Their... | Business Insider
- Stanford... | Business Insider
- Apple Pay Is Coming To Nearly 200,000 Vending Machines... | Business Insider
- WWE Shares Went Bananas (WWE) | Business Insider
- Australia Iron Ore Has Crashed | Business Insider
- One Of Africa's Most Notorious Jihadists Is Now Urging His... | Business Insider
- China officials dine on endangered salamander: reports | Business Insider