50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: March 10 | ZeroHedge
- Elevating Markets: A Signal of Reviving Bank Lending? | Financial Sense
- Abenomics Crucified With Lowest GDP Since Abe, Worst Current Account Deficit On Record | ZeroHedge
- PLUG Unplugged | ZeroHedge
- Fly Sell: $BBBY | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks For Your “Buy the Dip Grab Bag” | iBankCoin.com
- Famished for Moar Gains | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- THE DOW FALLS: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider
- Chinese Market Gets Demolished | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Kids Who Come From Richer Families Have Higher SAT Scores | Business Insider
- Shares of Boeing Slip as Malaysia Airlines Flight Remains Missing | TheStreet.com
- State Of New York: Start Sending Us Your Proposals For Bitcoin Exchanges... | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's Top Stock Picks: ESV HAL EXXI NUE | TheStreet.com