50/200-day MA Crossovers for Tuesday (TSRX,HLX,ONE,SWX,CCOI)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Trius Therapeutics Inc (TSRX) is currently trading at $7.43. Its 52 week range is between $2.93 and $9.
Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc (HLX) is currently trading at 17.61. Its 52 week range is between 10.92 and 21.65.
Higher One Holdings Inc (ONE) is currently trading at $17.07. Its 52 week range is between $13.49 and $21.97.
Southwest Gas Corp (SWX) is currently trading at 39.38. Its 52 week range is $32.12 and $40.59.
Cogent Communications Group Inc (CCOI) is currently trading at $16.24. Its 52 week range is between $11.38 and $17.99.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Another Hedge Fund Bites The Dust: Trafigura Shuts Down Its Flagship Metals Fund | ZeroHedge
- The Lull Before The Storm - An Ideal Chance To Exit The Casino, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- An Angry Trader Rages: "There Is Nothing Normal About It" | ZeroHedge
- New Smoking Gun: U.S. and UK KNEW Saddam Did NOT Possess WMDs | ZeroHedge
- "It Is All Rather Scary" - Chinese Debt Snowball Gaining Momentum | ZeroHedge
- Gold Demand in China Heading For Record and Reserves Increase 14 Tonnes In October | ZeroHedge
- Newly-Completed Fukushima 'Containment' Wall Already "Slightly Leaning" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- AP Interview: Iraqi envoy: Paris attack marks new global... | Business Insider
- Warriors win 19th straight, 106-103 over the Jazz | Business Insider
- Planned Parenthood: Long a lightning rod in US culture... | Business Insider
- The Latest: Colorado governor: Man, woman killed in... | Business Insider
- Angels, security and green messages mark first... | Business Insider
- Donald Trump suddenly canceled a press conference to showcase black pastor... | Business Insider
- FBI arrests Chicago student after race revenge threat | Business Insider