50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China’s Air-Defense Zone Ratchets Up Risk for Trade and Investment | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap December 6, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
- David Tepper Follows Baupost In Returning Excess Cash To Investors | ZeroHedge
- Will the Real Economy Please Stand Up? | Financial Sense
- Volcker Rule To Scrap "Portfolio Hedging", Would Make Trillions In Excess Deposits Inert | ZeroHedge
- US Teacher Killed In Benghazi | ZeroHedge
- YoU BeTTeR WaTCH OuT... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It Looks Like Brian The Dog Will Be Back On 'Family Guy' After Being Killed Off... | Business Insider
- CHART: The United States Will Be A Huge Underdog... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Leaked Doodles Show What Clinton Was Really Thinking About During Serbia Meeting | Business Insider
- MOBILE INSIGHTS: iOS Remains Far... | Business Insider
- Understanding Facebook's FBX — Social Media's First Ad Exchange | Business Insider
- How Elon Musk Desperately Tried To Get A Job At Netscape | Business Insider