50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greece Feigned Deal Progress, Launched Rumors To Avert Bank Run | ZeroHedge
- Coal Facing Worst Year Yet in 2015 | Financial Sense
- Paul Craig Roberts Rages "Free Financial Markets Are A Hoax" | ZeroHedge
- Robert Shiller: Unlike 1929 This Time Everything - Stocks, Bonds And Housing - Is Overvalued | ZeroHedge
- ECB Cracks A Joke, Says It Will "Publicly" Respond To Allegations It Privately Leaks Market-Moving News | ZeroHedge
- Is Bad News, Bad Again? Europe And US Stocks Slump | ZeroHedge
- New York Investment Banker Jumps To His Death From Luxury Downtown Building | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- FIFA votes amid corruption crisis : LIVE REPORT | Business Insider
- Google is working on a mobile payments service that makes Apple Pay look... | Business Insider
- This British fintech CEO just got given a royal role that... | Business Insider
- Here's what we know about Traffic Group, the sports marketing company... | Business Insider
- How a Geneva-based commodity trader became the largest exporter... | Business Insider
- A Disney animation legend explains why he's convinced Google... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek