50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trading Made Simple | ZeroHedge
- Potential for "Very High" Natural Gas Spikes This Year, Says Energy Analyst | Financial Sense
- The Mortal Kombat Finish Him Stocks | iBankCoin.com
- Beef, Pork, Shrimp, Eggs, And Now Orange Juice | ZeroHedge
- Another Day, Another Senior FX Trader "Resigns" | ZeroHedge
- Risk On, Regardless | Financial Sense
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Housing Alone Will Return Inflation To The Fed's Target By Next Year | Business Insider
- How To Ask For A Raise | Business Insider
- Google Let A Malicious App That Could Steal Information Off Your Android Phone Into... | Business Insider
- Musk's SolarCity: We Are Not Trying To Kill Utilities (SCTY) | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley Earnings And Revenue Beats Expectations (MS) | Business Insider
- Putin Makes Worrying Comments About Novorussia | Business Insider
- Chinese Economic Growth Continues To Slow (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider