50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Suspect Dressed In Panda Suit Shot After Entering Fox Baltimore Studio And Claiming To Have A Bomb | ZeroHedge
- German Nuclear Power Plant Confirms It Was Infected With Computer Viruses | ZeroHedge
- Business "Subsidies" Plummet 70% As Government Support Evaporates | ZeroHedge
- Mega M&A Is Back: Abbott Buys St. Jude Medical For $25 Billion, 37% Premium | ZeroHedge
- BiLDeRBeRG MeDuSA... | ZeroHedge
- Volume Collapses As China Commodity Exchanges Ordered To "Curb Speculation" | ZeroHedge
- US to Undermine Russia’s Gas Monopoly in Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Things aren't looking too good for semiconductors | Business Insider
- The best movies and TV shows coming to Amazon, iTunes, Hulu, and more in... | Business Insider
- This guy is making a killing renting vans to Silicon Valley... | Business Insider
- How we ranked our list of the 50 best companies to work for in America | Business Insider
- Armies of these 3D-printing spiders could someday build... | Business Insider
- Millennials are leaving these 10 big American cities in droves... | Business Insider
- Definitive proof that wages are on the rise in America | Business Insider