50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dear Janet... A Memo From Millennials To The Fed | ZeroHedge
- $oRo$ (Part III) | ZeroHedge
- The Script: Ocwen Lawyer Spoon-Fed Foreclosure Questions and Answers to Robo-Witnesses | ZeroHedge
- What Life Will Be Like After An Economic Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Negative Rates and Cash Bans: The Chaos Continues at Jackson Hole | ZeroHedge
- How Obamacare Destroyed The Middle Class In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- The Blessing Of Cash (And Why Central Bankers Hate It So Much) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A relationship expert explains how... | Business Insider
- Turkey is finally bombing Syria, but it’s not... | Business Insider
- Ryan Lochte has managed to pick up a new sponsorship deal... | Business Insider
- Tesla’s vision of an all-electric car future is still years off (TSLA) | Business Insider
- The artist who claims Zara ripped off... | Business Insider
- Here are the top Wall Street firms to work for, according to LinkedIn's users | Business Insider
- Drones are about to fill the skies within the next 5 years... | Business Insider