50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Small Cap Relative Strength | Financial Sense
- Chelsea Clinton is Quitting Her $600,000/Year NBC "Reporter" Job | ZeroHedge
- The Melt Up Is Upon Us | iBankCoin.com
- Here Come The Q3 GDP Downgrades... | ZeroHedge
- Were European Bonds Mispriced in 2012 or are they Now? | ZeroHedge
- TACTICAL ALLOCATION | iBankCoin.com
- Q2 GDP Revised Upward | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Denny's Is Selling A $300 Breakfast At Its First New York City Restaurant | Business Insider
- How To Choose The Best Photos For Your Online Dating Profile | Business Insider
- College Bookstore Accidentally Hands Out... | Business Insider
- 12 McDonald's Russian Stores Closed as Hostilities Mount | TheStreet.com
- Apple Is Building A Massive Stage For The iPhone 6 Event (AAPL... | Business Insider
- This Sleek App Could Be Your New Favorite Tool For Collaboration | Business Insider