50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Monday Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Varexit – Greeks Sacrifice Euro Antagonist In Bid To Secure Deal | ZeroHedge
- SocGen Reiterates Cash Call, Says "Markets Will Stay Volatile" | ZeroHedge
- Why Greece Matters A Lot: The Case Of Europe's Falling Dominoes | ZeroHedge
- Greferendum Results In Landslide "No" Victory | ZeroHedge
- Peak Desperation: China Bans Selling Of Stocks By Pension Funds | ZeroHedge
- Volatility, Confusion Reign As PBoC Intervenes: Chinese Stocks Surge Then Tumble | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is the man who will succeed legendary JPMorgan dealmaker Jimmy Lee as... | Business Insider
- The coolest science guys on YouTube predict the next big discoveries —... | Business Insider
- Hopes, fears as Greeks vote on uncertain future | Business Insider
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned | Business Insider
- This is the real reason Twitter is copying Facebook and wants... | Business Insider
- Apple has been testing a giant iPad for at least three years now (AAPL) | Business Insider
- What Greece means to the US | Business Insider