50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Simple Reason Why A Second American Civil War May Be Inevitable | ZeroHedge
- Trump To Sign Executive Orders On Corporate Inversions and Dodd-Frank Regulations | ZeroHedge
- Is China Trying To (Slowly) Burst Another Stock Market Bubble? | ZeroHedge
- 'Soft' Data Bloodbath - Manufacturing/Services PMI Plunge Below Trump Election Lows | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The Collapse Of The Middle Class In 20 Major U.S. Cities | ZeroHedge
- Where There's Smoke... | ZeroHedge
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Under Armour made a costly mistake that will take 'years' to fix | Business Insider
- KFC just revealed a new Colonel Sanders to launch the chain's 'biggest stunt... | Business Insider
- The newest 'Call of Duty' game is returning to where the series started: World... | Business Insider
- The best type of sunglasses for every face shape — and how to figure out which one you... | Business Insider
- The 24-year-old 'Italian Mark Zuckerberg' has... | Business Insider
- This commuter backpack will look great at the office and keep your gear dry in a... | Business Insider
- Happiness expert shares the one key both philosophers and... | Business Insider