50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why the Polls Got It Wrong: Deliberate Versus Accidental Survey Bias | Financial Sense
- Trump's Tax Cuts Imply Billions Worth Of Deferred Tax Asset Writedowns For Wall Street Banks | ZeroHedge
- Norway Buying $130 Billion In Global Equities As Sovereign Wealth Fund Continues To Bleed Cash | ZeroHedge
- Is It Too Late To Be A Writer / Entrepreneur / X at 28 / 38 / 48 Years Old? | Altucher Confidential
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- Philadelphia City Attorney Linked To Anti-Trump Grafitti | ZeroHedge
- Mitt Romney Is Now Heavy Favorite For Secretary Of State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tiger Woods showed a lot of promise during his first tournament action in 15... | Business Insider
- Here's what Europe's top traders expect from their bonuses this year... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- A Vikings lineman came up with an ingenious way to promote a business... | Business Insider
- Government gridlock could hold back some military weapons programs | Business Insider
- Nestle says it has found a way of cutting sugar in its... | Business Insider
- Jet.com gets a lift in holiday sales | Business Insider