50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
- The Federal Reserve Is Hillary Clinton's Secret Weapon | ZeroHedge
- Too Many Tired Bulls | Financial Sense
- Weekend Reading: Time To Be A Contrarian? | ZeroHedge
- US Oil Rig Count Spikes To 8-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- European Taxpayers Now On The Hook For Junk Debt As ECB Bond-Buying Debacle Builds | ZeroHedge
- John McCain Issues Statement On The "Integrity Of The US Election System" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Most states with little access to mental health resources... | Business Insider
- Trump's lawyers ask judge to ban his... | Business Insider
- Inside an eerie California gold rush town that laid abandoned for 70 years | Business Insider
- 101 businesses you can start with less than $100 | Business Insider
- It's about to get much cheaper to travel to Europe | Business Insider
- Famous chefs reveal their favorite places to eat in... | Business Insider
- Macs are 3 times cheaper to own than Windows PCs, says IBM'... | Business Insider