50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 19 US Shale Areas That Are Suddenly Endangered, "The Shale Revolution Doesn't Work At $80" | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Markets Rally on Surprise Easing by China | Financial Sense
- Hacked US Documents Said To Reveal Extent Of Undisclosed US "Lethal Aid" For Ukraine Army | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling on Interest Rates, Deleveraging, and Corporate Profits | Financial Sense
- The Swiss Referendum On Gold: What's Missing From The Debate | ZeroHedge
- nOPEC | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shoppers Increase Spending On Experiences, Instead of Goods for Holidays | TheStreet.com
- 'Fractured skull' reports as cricketer Hughes... | Business Insider
- 17 Shocking Photos That Show How Global Warming Is Everywhere | Business Insider
- The NFL Is On Pace To Have A Historically Bad Team In The Playoffs | Business Insider
- Missouri Governor's Deputy Slams Him... | Business Insider
- HP Pops Despite Missed Sales: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek