50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Stocks, US Equity Futures Slide Following China Crash | ZeroHedge
- Busiest Day of Q2 Earnings Season | Financial Sense
- Trump Is "The Best Thing To Happen To Politics In A Long Time," Mark Cuban Says | ZeroHedge
- How To Not Succeed In Business Without Really Trying | Altucher Confidential
- Commodity Carnage Will Hurt These 10 States The Most | ZeroHedge
- US Economic & Consumer Confidence Plunges To 10-Month Lows As "Hope" Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Knife-Catching Hedge Fund Oil Bulls Dump Crude At Fastest Pace In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The fight against ISIS has already cost the US over $3... | Business Insider
- Only 10% of this famous American street is... | Business Insider
- John Oliver has a great metaphor to explain why mandatory-minimums should end | Business Insider
- REPORT: Instagram could be making more money from mobile ads than Google... | Business Insider
- Here's what happened when a young Judd Apatow ambushed Steve... | Business Insider
- A House conservative just took the... | Business Insider
- And then there were four: rare rhino dies at Czech zoo | Business Insider