50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: The Trick To Suppressing Revolution: Keeping Debt/Tax Serfdom Bearable | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 17 | ZeroHedge
- Checking Out These Energy Trading Setups | iBankCoin.com
- FiNaNCiaL TeRRoRiSM AND PoLiTiCaL SeX MaP... | ZeroHedge
- $SPY Closes More than 3.5% Above the 20 Day Average. Bullish or Bearish? | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Long-Term Breakout | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why The Benghazi Problem Won't Go Away | Business Insider
- GOOGLE: These Are The Glass Apps We Want (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Unbelievable Pictures Of Wildlife From The National Geographic Traveler Photo... | Business Insider
- Summer Was The Ancient Egyptian Sex Season | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The Economy Continues To Send A Ton Of Bearish Signals | Business Insider