50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Violence Erupts In Turkey After Prominent Lawyer Is Assassinated On Live TV | ZeroHedge
- "On The Cusp Of A Staggering Default Wave": Energy Intelligence Issues Apocalyptic Warning For The Energy Sector | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Bank Hits Customers With Negative Interest Rates; Crazy? What About Velocity? | Financial Sense
- Which Assets Have Priced In A Chinese Economic Collapse? Barclays Explains | ZeroHedge
- Diversification Is For Dummies - The Nifty Nine Never Mattered More | ZeroHedge
- Russia Retaliates: Putin Reveals Sanctions Against Turkey | ZeroHedge
- How A Secretive Elite Created The EU To Build A World Government | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Michigan State takes division with 55-16 rout of Penn... | Business Insider
- A Wharton professor explains 3 ways nice guys can get ahead at work | Business Insider
- 52 of the biggest stars in sports came together for a Paris tribute video | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- One of Satya Nadella's key changes at Microsoft could be... | Business Insider
- Turkish president says wishes plane downing had not... | Business Insider
- Fuente, Virginia Tech AD call reports of hiring '... | Business Insider