50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Water Wars Are Coming | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of US-Iran Negotiations | ZeroHedge
- THE NEXT BIG THING IS RIGHT HERE | iBankCoin.com
- Don’t Sweat Nasdaq 5000 | Financial Sense
- Baltic Dry Index Crashes: Calamity or False-Alarm? | ZeroHedge
- A Complete Preview Of Q€ — And Why It Will Fail | ZeroHedge
- email@example.com - How A Romanian Hacker Exposed Hillary Clinton's Secret Email Life | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is what Kanye West said during his bizarre lecture... | Business Insider
- No, higher wages won't destroy earnings growth | Business Insider
- Young designers shine at start of Paris Fashion Week | Business Insider
- A Russian oligarch wants to sue Britain because he is... | Business Insider
- Secretary of State Clinton didn't... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Barclays boss takes £1.1 million bonus despite BILLIONS spent on financial... | Business Insider