50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.(NSC,SFD,ECOL,GNK,LF)
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) is currently trading at $75. Its 52 week range is between $57.57 and $78.4.
Smithfield Foods Inc (SFD) is currently trading at $24.7. Its 52 week range is between $17.58 and $24.93.
US Ecology Inc (ECOL) is currently trading at $18.5. Its 52 week range is between $14.82 and $18.85.
Genco Shipping And Trading Ltd (GNK) is currently trading at $7.58. Its 52 week range is $4.15 and $15.65.
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc (LF) is currently trading at $5.58. Its 52 week range is between $2.57 and $6.5.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The End Of "The Permanent Lie" Looms Large | ZeroHedge
- Stagnant US Economic Growth Explained (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- US Debt In The Age Of Unrestrained Central Banking | ZeroHedge
- US Falls Behind Canada, Finland, And Hong Kong In Human Freedom Index | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why The Markets Have Suddenly Become So Turbulent | ZeroHedge
- Did The Fed Intentionally Spark A Commodity Sell-off? | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon’s New “Law of War” Manual “Reduces Us to the Level of Nazis” | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Phraoah looks good after loss; no decision on racing plans... | Business Insider
- The Latest on Houston deputy: Hunt for suspect continues | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett just disclosed his newest $4.5 billion investment pick (PSX) | Business Insider
- A Kentucky county clerk who refuses to issue marriage licenses to gay... | Business Insider
- In Alaska, Obama to walk fine line on climate change,... | Business Insider
- 'Marriage o'clock' shows why it's... | Business Insider
- Karam working with psychologist following Wilson's death... | Business Insider