50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Out of Juice | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Headed for Euphoria | Financial Sense
- Following 20% Move Higher In Two Days, Herbalife Shorts Are Sweating | ZeroHedge
- “The Fly” is a Chinese Coal Man | iBankCoin.com
- Trade Ideas For Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Bernanke KIKs the Can | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sorry, Media, America Couldn't Care Less About The Government Taking... | Business Insider
- 'The Moscow Rules' Are Ten Simple Reminders For Covert CIA Operations... | Business Insider
- Chinese Media Thinks Citizens Have Been Duped By One-Way Mars Trip | Business Insider
- Israeli Bank Heist Gone Awry Takes Five Lives | Business Insider
- Ben Bernanke Should Never Read Another Statement To... | Business Insider
- Sprint Boosts Clearwire Offer Amid Heated Takeover Battle | TheStreet.com
- How Email App Mailbox Turned A Desperate Situation Into An ~$100 Million Exit... | Business Insider