50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Meet Landlord Loans: You Too Can Be A Real Estate Speculator | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- And It's Gone! After 3 Days, Beijing Bans Discussion Of Viral China Smog Documentary | ZeroHedge
- How Mario Draghi Is Putting Pensioners At Risk | ZeroHedge
- The Good Doctor Has Made Another Biotech Purchase | iBankCoin.com
- Canary Meet Coal Mine: Miami Condo Sales Are "Cooling Down" | ZeroHedge
- SaVinG PRiVaTe EmaiLS | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jeb Bush has a strange request for his donors | Business Insider
- Saudi oil minister says OPEC did the right thing by not cutting production in... | Business Insider
- An entire 154,139 square-foot Italian castle is on the market for $32 million | Business Insider
- Why Mark Zuckerberg thinks everyone can learn something from Pixar | Business Insider
- It is time for Amazon Web Services to get out of Amazon | Business Insider
- Think twice before you say that Earth has two moons | Business Insider
- British smartphone brand Kazam talked to us about the awful couple of weeks it... | Business Insider