50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Social Security Versus CBO – Who Do You Trust? | Financial Sense
- Ready to Rock the Musky Cologne Tonight | iBankCoin.com
- STTG Market Recap July 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Phil Davis on Money Talk | ZeroHedge
- Your 30-Second Payrolls Preview | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Tumble To Lows As Post-Payrolls Exuberance Fades, 10Y Yield At 2.50% | ZeroHedge
- Consumer Spending Rose By Most In 3 Months Driven By Higher Energy Costs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Exxon and Colgate Beat Q2 Estimates, Kellogg Misses | TheStreet.com
- Dad Says His 6-Year-Old Daughter 'Built A Better Product Than Google... | Business Insider
- New Report Shows Edward Snowden's Revelations Are Seriously Damaging U.S. Tech Firms... | Business Insider
- Here's How Chris Pratt Got Ripped For Marvel's 'Guardians Of The Galaxy... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Snowden A Recluse One Year On After Receiving Russia Asylum... | Business Insider
- Go Inside The Garages, Dorm Rooms, And Coffee Shops Where Tech's... | Business Insider