50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Weekend Reading: Trump Trade Runs Into Trouble | ZeroHedge
- Prisons Of Pleasure Or Pain: Huxley's 'Brave New World' Vs. Orwell's '1984' | ZeroHedge
- Crude Crashes But Stocks Shrug Off Worst Weekly Plunge In Economic Data Since 2011 | ZeroHedge
- The Simple Reason Why A Second American Civil War May Be Inevitable | ZeroHedge
- Flying Is About To Get Even More Miserable...Well, At Least For Poor People | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Guide To Being An Introvert | Altucher Confidential
- When Low-Wage Workers Are Better Than Robots | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google car spin-off says Uber is involved... | Business Insider
- Turkish opposition to appeal referendum... | Business Insider
- 35 movies coming out this summer that you need to see | Business Insider
- CREDIT SUISSE: JCPenney is finally responding to the death of brick-and-mortar retail | Business Insider
- This might be the tiniest laptop in the world right now | Business Insider
- Two former prisoners reveal how they turned their lives around after... | Business Insider
- Ford CEO reveals his company’s plan to get cars to hit 54 miles per... | Business Insider