50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ETF Trading Volume Eclipses US GDP | ZeroHedge
- 70% Of Americans See Economy Worsening, Consumer Comfort Collapses By Most In 10 Month | ZeroHedge
- "The Virtuous Emerging Market Cycle Is Turning Vicious" Albert Edwards Remembers The 1997 Asian Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Banks Squirm As Congress Moves To Cut The 6% Dividend Paid To Them By The Fed | ZeroHedge
- The Job You Want, the Pay You Deserve, and the Education You Can Afford | Financial Sense
- The Coming Credibility Hammer | ZeroHedge
- 4 Mainstream Media Articles Mocking Gold That Should Make You Think | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Two Turkish police killed in gun attack blamed on PKK... | Business Insider
- CVS and Walgreens are completely dominating the US drugstore industry (WBA,... | Business Insider
- 5 things one entrepreneur learned after being rejected... | Business Insider
- BG Group got absolutely destroyed in a brutal six months | Business Insider
- After more than a decade revolutionizing comedy, here's what Jon Stewart is doing next... | Business Insider
- Midwest economic activity is heating up, but there's one big problem | Business Insider
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com