50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Markets In Turmoil" S&P 500 Loses 'Crucial' 2,000 Level As Bond Yields Slump | ZeroHedge
- Militarized Schooling? "Newtown Was A Nuclear Bomb That Changed Everything" | ZeroHedge
- Back to That Same Look | iBankCoin.com
- Merkel Slams US Hegemony? "America Can't Solve All The World's Problems Anymore" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Shines Most in September on Seasonal Buys- Bloomberg Chart of Day | ZeroHedge
- New Position PSEC Takes A Day One Nosebleed | iBankCoin.com
- Caption Contest: "He Doesn't Bite" Edition | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Government Bond Yields Around The World Are Making New Lows Day In And Day Out | Business Insider
- Afghan election in crisis as candidate pulls out of audit... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- STOCKS FALL: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, RSH, F, TM... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- 12 Stephen Hawking Quotes Reveal How A Genius Thinks | Business Insider
- Texas A&M's New $20-Million Football Complex Looks Amazing, And They Can... | Business Insider