50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Happens When A Russian Surface-To-Air Missile Launch Goes Horribly Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Secretary Of State For Hire: Hillary Clinton Made Millions From Foreign Donors In Exchange For "Favors" | ZeroHedge
- The S(chizophrenic) & P(sychotic) 500 | ZeroHedge
- Small Business Optimism: A Nine-Month Low | Financial Sense
- Did Greece Just Launch Capital Controls: "Mandatory Cash Transfer" Decreed Due To "Extremely Urgent Need" | ZeroHedge
- Cutting Out a Cancer For a Cure | iBankCoin.com
- What Is Really Driving Gold | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Obama in fresh push on climate change | Business Insider
- What it's like to leave Google for a startup — as told by three... | Business Insider
- Hubble, the telescope that revolutionized our view of... | Business Insider
- There's a new trailer out for 'Fantastic Four,' and it has us excited about the... | Business Insider
- Blasts tear through Yemen capital after air strikes | Business Insider
- These men are in love with their life-sized dolls... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek