50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Compound W | ZeroHedge
- Not 'The Onion' - Why Elections Are Bad For Democracy | ZeroHedge
- Biometric Technology, "Brainprints", and the Death of the Password | Financial Sense
- Brexiteers 1 : 0 Scaremongers - UK Stocks Erase All Brexit Losses | ZeroHedge
- Today’s Quiz: Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton – Who Said It? | Financial Sense
- Do the Charts Agree With George Soros on Brexit? | Financial Sense
- IMF Warns Brexit "Uncertainty" Means "Even Lower Growth" For UK, EU | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The startup that wanted to dethrone Craigslist is officially shutting down | Business Insider
- How to transfer your Evernote notes to Apple Notes | Business Insider
- More than one-third of rural Americans can't get fast internet, and... | Business Insider
- Head of CIA: ISIS is plotting attacks against US | Business Insider
- Donald Trump has Americans worried about China, but other... | Business Insider
- This finance trend is so hot even Amazon wants in (AMZN) | Business Insider
- All of the weird things I ate at the Summer Fancy Food Show | Business Insider