50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman On The Myths & Realities Of Russia's Oil Sector | ZeroHedge
- US Services PMI Improves But New Orders Drop To Post-Recession Low | ZeroHedge
- Dow Bloodbath Update - Down Almost 500 Points From Friday's Highs | ZeroHedge
- Dow Plunges 360 Points, Erases All Post-QE Gains | ZeroHedge
- "Unambiguously Good"? Dallas Fed Collapses To 20-Month Lows As Orders Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Honors Dead Saudi King With Essay Competition - Here's Our Entry | ZeroHedge
- New Gold Rush? 10 Ounces Of "Historic Nuggets" Stolen From San Francisco Museum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Quarterly Earnings Report: Top 4 Things to Watch | TheStreet.com
- Attack on Ukraine's Mariupol targeted civilians: UN | Business Insider
- Apple Has Shipped One Billion iOS Devices (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here's Why HBO's New Scientology Documentary Is So Critical Of... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Saudi Arabia Is Putting Aside Billions For Its Own Gas Fracking Revolution | Business Insider