50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- YAWN | iBankCoin.com
- "Artificial" Phantom Liquidity Will Disappear In "Adverse, Turbulent" Markets, BIS Warns | ZeroHedge
- The Sell Side Reacts To Europe's "Lehman Weekend" | ZeroHedge
- "Spread Bet" Early Market Opening Indications: Stocks Tumble, Europe Crashes | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Explains Who Gets Stuck With The Bill When Greece Leaves The Party | ZeroHedge
- A Beginning but No End | Financial Sense
- Chinese Stocks Crash Most In 19 Years, Re-Open Limit Down (Despite PBOC Hail Mary) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The first person I... | Business Insider
- You’ll need to update your iPhone if you want to try Apple Music this week (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Kerry says 'too early' to tell if Iran deal sealed | Business Insider
- This new app uses a clever trick to help you never miss... | Business Insider
- Home prices rise less than expected (ITB, XHB, PKB, HOMX, FLM) | Business Insider
- Apple has a new flag proudly waving outside its headquarters | Business Insider