50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Martin Armstrong: Obama "Using Same Nonsense As Putin" | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Is US Losing The New Cold War? | ZeroHedge
- Enter the Inter | Financial Sense
- Globalists Gas Game Theory | ZeroHedge
- Nobel Peace Prize Winning Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- Can the United States Rule the (Energy) World? | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap March 6, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The States That Love Wine The Most [MAP] | Business Insider
- Why The Future Of Solar Is Bright Despite Subsidy Cuts | Business Insider
- Report Paints A Horrifying Picture Of Syria's... | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- This Is Why It Feels Like Apple Stopped Innovating... | Business Insider
- Top... | StreetInsider.com
- 14 New Music Acts To Watch Out For At SXSW | Business Insider