50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- At Least "Black Box" Glencore Is Less Complex Than Enron | ZeroHedge
- Faith In Central Banks Dwindles | ZeroHedge
- In Major Escalation, US To Sail Warships Around China's Man-Made Islands In South Pacific | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Completes Weekly Auction Trio With Solid Demand For 30 Year Paper | ZeroHedge
- John Boehner To Stay On As Speaker After All, Fox Reports | ZeroHedge
- NIRP, Its Likelihood and Effect on Commodities | Financial Sense
- Crude Plunges After Bigger-Than-Expected Inventory Build & Production Surge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Al Franken working on book about his years in Washington | Business Insider
- Indiana University suspends fraternity over explicit... | Business Insider
- Widow of musician Frank Zappa dies at 70 | Business Insider
- Nobel Prize in literature: What to look out for | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Gannett Co. buying Midwest, South newspapers for $280M | Business Insider
- Russian missiles aimed at Syria crashed in Iran: US... | Business Insider