50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shell’s Prelude, the World’s Largest Ever Floating Vessel, Hits the Sea | Financial Sense
- Venezuela Plunges Into Darkness As President Maduro Lays Out Socialist Vision On National TV | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Move Higher, Gold Goes Lower – When Does It End? | Financial Sense
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Wednesday | iBankCoin.com
- And The Top Paid CEO Of 2013 Is... | ZeroHedge
- Futures Slide As A Result Of Yen Carry Unwind On Double POMO Day | ZeroHedge
- Inflation Is Raging – If You Know Where to Look | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Why Bitcoin (And... | Business Insider
- Germany Investigated The Tesla Fires And Found Nothing To Worry About | Business Insider
- Even The World's Most Zealous Buyers Of Gold Are Now Starting To Get Nervous | Business Insider
- 7 Tips For Avoiding Legal Landmines When Doing Business In Asia | Business Insider
- Fox Has Sold All Its Super Bowl Ad Slots — And They Went For Even More Than They... | Business Insider
- The Boston Red Sox Are Great For The Economy | Business Insider