50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In September, Q3 And 2014 YTD | ZeroHedge
- A Day Of Global Economic Disappointments Is Just What The Stock Ramp Algo Ordered | ZeroHedge
- Hilsenrath Asks "Does Ben Bernanke Deserve A Nobel Prize?" | ZeroHedge
- ISM Biggest Miss Since January: Orders Tumble, Employment Slides, Backlogs Contract, Construction Spending Negative | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Pushes Higher | Financial Sense
- "Russia Could Ditch Dollar In 2-3 Years"; Deputy PM Warns Nuclear Subs "Could Reach Any Country On Any Continent" | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul Explains Why The "Scottish Referendum Gives Reasons To Be Hopeful" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- A Company That Helps You Find The Perfect Credit Card Is Now Worth $1 Billion | Business Insider
- Here's What Normal People Can Eat To Follow The LeBron James Diet | Business Insider
- SEC Charges Two Guys With Insider Trading In Herbalife After Finding About... | Business Insider
- Ai Weiwei meditates on freedom in Alcatraz show | Business Insider
- Steve Smith Says He Found Out He Was Cut On The Radio, Rips The Panthers | Business Insider
- How An Alleged Criminal Cheating Ring May Have Wrecked A 3rd-... | Business Insider