50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gartman: "Clearly We Were Wrong To Short Crude The Day Before The OPEC Meeting" | ZeroHedge
- Why Italy’s Referendum Carries Risks for the Entire EU | Financial Sense
- Twitter Threatens Trump Ban Over "Harassment And Hateful Conduct" | ZeroHedge
- In Mexico, a Trying Year for Trade | Financial Sense
- Initial Jobless Claims Soar Most In 2 Years Following Trump Election | ZeroHedge
- Trump Team Confirms Dakota Access Support Has "Nothing To Do With Personal Investments" In Pipeline Builder | ZeroHedge
- Catalysts for Higher Global Bond Yields | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- France's Francois Hollande will not seek a second term | Business Insider
- David Petraeus would have to inform his probation officer if Trump hires... | Business Insider
- Colombia's congress ratifies peace accord with rebels | Business Insider
- The US auto market is on the verge of doing something it's never done before... | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider
- Here's how many people are watching one of Netflix's most... | Business Insider
- Iraqis are desperate to return to their homes... | Business Insider