50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Paul Craig Roberts Warns "Armageddon Approaches" After German Leak | ZeroHedge
- Is Kyle Bass Finally Getting His Revenge? | Financial Sense
- Why We're Ungovernable: Debt & The Sudden Outbreak Of Utter Insanity | ZeroHedge
- "As Long As All The Offensive Shit Is Verbatim, I'm Fine With It" | ZeroHedge
- "Bedlam" As Wasserman Schultz Boo'd, Heckled Off Stage By DNC Delegates | ZeroHedge
- "Policymakers Have Been Calling A 'Depression' A 'Recovery' For Nearly A Decade" | ZeroHedge
- Michael Hudson Exposes 2016's Real 'Class War': Krugman's Neocon Neoliberalism Vs Trump's Righteous Populism | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A New Zealand jiu-jitsu fighter says he was kidnapped... | Business Insider
- This exclusive report reveals the ABCs of the IoT | Business Insider
- IOC: Russia won't be completely banned from the Rio... | Business Insider
- The new 'Doctor Strange' trailer that just debuted at Comic-Con is here and... | Business Insider
- This country could be the next winner in the South China Sea | Business Insider
- Stocks are lower on another Merger Monday (SPX, SPY, YHOO, VZ, DJIA, DIA, QQQ, ETFC, OUTR) | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek