50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Goldman CEO Blankfein "Supportive" Of Hillary But "Doesn't Want To Hurt Her" By Endorsing | ZeroHedge
- Prepare For The Unthinkable | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
- Oil’s Biggest Threat: Demand to Peak Within 15 Years | Financial Sense
- Europe's Central Bank Is in a Bind Over Bonds | Financial Sense
- Stocks Are Not Long Term Investment Vehicles (Video) | ZeroHedge
- The Global Economy Is Collapsing | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Just because we haven’t found aliens doesn’t mean they haven’t found us | Business Insider
- How Tyler Perry went from humble beginnings to one of the most powerful entertainers in film and... | Business Insider
- This new travel pillow could make sleeping on flights much... | Business Insider
- What it feels like to get fired from Google | Business Insider
- Here’s how long the average man lasts in bed | Business Insider
- UBS set out to answer a key question about the US consumer — and its... | Business Insider
- 2 millennials watched the original ‘Star Wars’ for the first time | Business Insider