50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Great Graphic: Three Fed Cycles and Stocks and Bonds | Financial Sense
- Last Stand Approaching for Gold | Financial Sense
- Liquidations Continue: Stocks, Dollar Slide, Precious Metals Pounded In Asia Trading | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why China Russia & China Are Now "The Enemy" | ZeroHedge
- Summarizing Obama's ISIS Strategy Endgame (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- 47% of Chinese Billionaires Want to Leave China Within 5 Years | Financial Sense
- New Gold Fix Planned By LBMA In Desperate Attempt To Maintain Status Quo | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bayer defeat leaves Paderborn in pole position | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (AAPL, MSFT, AMZN, BABA,... | Business Insider
- NATO cautiously welcomes Ukraine buffer zone deal | Business Insider
- Yemen deal signed after Shiite rebels seize govt, PM quits... | Business Insider
- Two Chinese Warships Arrive In Iran For Unprecedented Visit... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Scientists Discovered What Makes Someone A Good Dancer | Business Insider