50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Inside The ISIS Propaganda Machine: An Up-Close Look At A Militant Media Strategy | ZeroHedge
- European HIV Infections Hit Record High, CDC Blames "Migrants And Refugees" | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
- Number Of Millennials Living In Parents' Basement Climbs (Again); Weddings Blamed (Again) | ZeroHedge
- As Market Awaits "Santa" Draghi, The ECB Is "Chasing Its Own Tail" | ZeroHedge
- Futures Rebound On Latest Chinese Intervention, Renewed Hopes For "Moar From Mario" | ZeroHedge
- The Fundamental Truth of the Market Matter | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Gods of Egypt' studio, director apologize for... | Business Insider
- ESPN host says nobody criticized Travis Kelce’s touchdown dance because ‘he... | Business Insider
- Prince Harry visits Desmond Tutu in South Africa | Business Insider
- Planned Parenthood: Long a lightning rod in US culture... | Business Insider
- The US has sanctioned one of Russia's weirdest politicians | Business Insider
- Rivers' 4 TD passes help Chargers beat Jags 31-25,... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek