50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Crude Slumps On Big Inventory Build Despite Biggest Production Plunge In 10 Months | ZeroHedge
- Shariah Gold Cometh – $2 Trillion In Assets “Could Send Price Soaring” | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Images Of Ramadi Show The Devastating Impact Of War | ZeroHedge
- The War On Paper Currency Officially Begins: ECB Ends Production Of €500 Bill | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: 100s Of M1 Abrams Tanks Roll Through Houston, TX | ZeroHedge
- Optical Illusion / Optical Truth | Financial Sense
- Bank Tightening Suggests Layoffs Ahead | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Republican leader vows to keep blocking Obama's... | Business Insider
- Boba Fett was originally supposed to be the main villain in 'Return of the Jedi' | Business Insider
- Here's how far in advance you should book your flight | Business Insider
- A hedge fund manager who called the oil crash is going long these... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- I get asked all the time to manage... | Business Insider
- Not all deli meats are created equal — here are the best and worst ones for you | Business Insider