50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Draghi Risks Becoming the Boy Who Cried Wolf Over QE | Financial Sense
- Russian Central Bank Releases 7 Measures It Will Take To Stabilize The Financial Sector | ZeroHedge
- Surprise... Everyone Was Wrong About The End Of QE | ZeroHedge
- Mortgage Applications Tumble As Citi Warns Oil-Drop Risks Housing/Jobs Slump | ZeroHedge
- Russian Stocks Soar 17% - Most Since 2008; Ruble Back Below 62/USD | ZeroHedge
- Congress Has Guaranteed the Secular Bear Market Is Not Over | Financial Sense
- Outlook 2015: Deflation Remains the Dominant Theme | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Watch This Mesmerizing Time-Lapse Of 12,400 Gallons Of Beer Fermenting Over 6 Days | Business Insider
- Brent Crude Oil Is Holding Below $60 | Business Insider
- Mainz hoping to catch Bayern in festive spirits | Business Insider
- A Notorious Burglar Who Targeted Silicon Valley Startups... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Uber Voluntarily Suspends Service In A US City For The... | Business Insider
- Sony Could Lose $100 Million By Pulling 'The Interview' | Business Insider