50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Wall Street's Biggest Permabull Slashes US Growth Outlook (Again), Says No Chance Of March Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- "Investors Have Completely Lost Faith In Deutsche Bank" A Top 10 Shareholder Admits | ZeroHedge
- Monday Humor: A Preview Of The Bernie Sanders Presidency | ZeroHedge
- Last Pillar Standing Breaks - They're Taking Out The "Generals" | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yield Curve Crashes To 8-Year Lows, Financials Follow | ZeroHedge
- Dead-Cat-Bounce Saves Stocks From Bankmageddon | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Feb 9, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Supreme Court has dealt a major blow to Obama's climate... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton sounded a lot like Bernie Sanders... | Business Insider
- A new drug that could save the US billions of dollars just got one step closer... | Business Insider
- 9 phrases your mom says that are actually helping you to... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank's Joe LaVorgna thinks March is off the... | Business Insider
- Stocks cratered — here are the 9 big headlines you just missed... | Business Insider
- Here's how Beyoncé's Super Bowl dancers honored the Black Panthers... | Business Insider