50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Not so Silent Demise of Deutsche Bank | Financial Sense
- Viral Surveillance Video Reveals A Shocking Scene From China's Housing Bubble | ZeroHedge
- The Unseen Revolution in Chinese Finances | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank Is Now Smaller Than Twitter | ZeroHedge
- The Bickering Begins: Iraq Disagrees With OPEC's Method Of Oil Production Estimates | ZeroHedge
- "You Shouldn't Listen to Me" – Here's What Bernie Said About Voting For Hillary | ZeroHedge
- Will Yellen Resign If Trump Wins | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Philippines' President Duterte says he plans to... | Business Insider
- The DEA paid $9 million to 'deactivated' sources | Business Insider
- A trendy NYC restaurant didn't find out the Obamas were coming... | Business Insider
- India conducted 'surgical strikes' on... | Business Insider
- Bed bugs are evolving before our eyes | Business Insider
- Mercedes created a luxurious $1.7 million yacht that only 10 people in the... | Business Insider
- LARRY SUMMERS: A third of men aged 25-54 will be out... | Business Insider