50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Europe April Manufacturing Summary: France's Loss Is Germany's Gain | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap April 22, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Here Come The Boots On The Ground: US Troops Heading To Eastern Europe | ZeroHedge
- The IPO Window Is Closing Fast | ZeroHedge
- Ackman Promised Former Herbalife Employer $3.6 Million To Become Whistleblower | ZeroHedge
- EU Confidence Hits 7-Year High (Just Don't Tell The Record Number Of Unemployed) | ZeroHedge
- Market Beginning to Shift Inflation Expectations | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 Wonderful French Expressions That Have No Good English Equivalent | Business Insider
- Markets Are Going Nowhere | Business Insider
- After-Hours... | StreetInsider.com
- This Company Wants You To Ditch The Mall And Start Getting Stuff For Free | Business Insider
- Leonardo DiCaprio Could Star In The Next Steve Jobs Movie | Business Insider
- 3 Red Sox Players Slept At Fenway Park Sunday Night To Avoid Monday-Morning Traffic | Business Insider
- These 23 Countries Have More Than Doubled Military Spending In The Last... | Business Insider