50/200-day MA Crossovers for Thursday (ALTE,BEAV,BNCL,FFIV,FRPT)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Alterra Capital Holdings Ltd (ALTE) is currently trading at $22.45. Its 52 week range is between $17.33 and $23.62.
BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV) is currently trading at $37.73. Its 52 week range is between $28.83 and $42.85.
Beneficial Mutual Bancorp Inc (BNCL) is currently trading at $8.62. Its 52 week range is between $7.12 and $9.35.
F5 Networks Inc (FFIV) is currently trading at $111.1. Its 52 week range is $69.01 and $145.76.
Force Protection Inc (FRPT) is currently trading at $5.5. Its 52 week range is between $3.27 and $6.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Germanwings Co-Pilot Head Been Treated For "Suicidal Tendencies" In The Past | ZeroHedge
- Trade Idea | iBankCoin.com
- The New Normal: Making Up Your Mind For You | ZeroHedge
- Meet Andorra: Europe's Next Failed State | ZeroHedge
- $20 Oil Looms As Iran-Nuclear Deal Nears Deadline | ZeroHedge
- ‘Peak Gold’ in 2015? - Goldman Sachs Research Warns of Peak Gold Production | ZeroHedge
- Crude Oil Inventories Should Peak Soon | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the 3 times Trevor Noah, the guy replacing Jon Stewart, appeared on 'The... | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Business Insider is hiring an Ideas intern | Business Insider
- McLaren: We won't build SUVs! | Business Insider
- Why Google killed a secret project to improve battery life by... | Business Insider
- Jay-Z's music streaming site isn't... | Business Insider
- One of New York's 'outlaw Instagrammers... | Business Insider