50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Algos Are Winning Again (In Trading The Brexit Chaos) | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- Global Stock Surge Continues As "Investors Look To Central Banks For Support" | ZeroHedge
- "The British Woke Up!" Paul Craig Roberts Asks "Can The Americans?" | ZeroHedge
- Shilling: World Facing High Probability of Panic Deflation | Financial Sense
- After Three Years, This Remains The Best Trading Strategy | ZeroHedge
- 'Ignorant Masses' Warn 'Elites' - "Go Ahead, Rise Up... But Be Careful What You Wish For" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Unmanned boat fires torpedo in apparent first | Business Insider
- The Steelers practice a strange workout where they hurl giant medicine... | Business Insider
- GOP senator: We should have a new Supreme Court strategy if it... | Business Insider
- 11 things no man should wear to the office in the summer | Business Insider
- Satya Nadella cannot imagine the world without this one... | Business Insider
- We got access to the best deal out there for a custom suit — and went through... | Business Insider
- An infuriating series of scientific findings suggest playing hard to get... | Business Insider