50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- German Economic Council Backs Exit For "Uncooperative" Eurozone Members | ZeroHedge
- Is the Tide Turning? | Financial Sense
- Wednesday Night Charts | iBankCoin.com
- Blame The Fed For The Commodities Slump | ZeroHedge
- Busiest Day of Q2 Earnings Season | Financial Sense
- If Varoufakis Is Charged With Treason, Then Dijsselbloem Should Be As Well | ZeroHedge
- Biotech Slide Sends Nasdaq, Small Caps Reeling | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Incredible photos a son found of his father in Okinawa | Business Insider
- Donald Trump: 'I'll ride into the sunset' if my campaign tanks | Business Insider
- Saudi Arabia and ISIS have something in common | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- It only took 2 weeks for the world’s most dangerous hacking... | Business Insider
- British spies are... | Business Insider
- Why live TV will be mostly irrelevant in the future | Business Insider