50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Bombs 1,000 ISIS Oil Tankers As France Launches First Carrier Strikes Against "Evil Death Cult" | ZeroHedge
- Is David Brooks Pushing For Another Vietnam? | ZeroHedge
- The Rats and The Sinking Ship | ZeroHedge
- Apple Accounted For 20% Of All U.S. Margin Expansion Since 2010 - Why This Matters | ZeroHedge
- The Third hedgeless_horseman's 12 Days of Christmas ~ Gift ideas for the Zero Hedge reader in your life | ZeroHedge
- This Thanksgiving, Let's Say "No Thanks" To The Tyranny Of The American Police State | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: November 23 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- IRS issues corporate anti-inversion rules | Business Insider
- One of the world's largest insurers is partnering... | Business Insider
- Clinton: Stances against refugees could hurt law... | Business Insider
- Rihanna and Samsung unveil cryptic interactive website to preview new album | Business Insider
- Syrian group: IS releases more Assyrian Christian hostages... | Business Insider
- 2 men charged with murder in killing of pastor's wife | Business Insider
- Turkey asks 'what happened to us' over fans'... | Business Insider