50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- JPMorgan Explains What Causes The Market's 3:30pm Ramp | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Perplexed By The "Relentless Bull Market" | ZeroHedge
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- Instant Tax Collection: As Bitcoin Surges to Record High, China Prepares its Own Digital Currency | Financial Sense
- "They Want You Purged" - NRA Head Rages Against Violent Left "Terrorists" | ZeroHedge
- Tom Perez Wins Vote To Lead Democratic Party | ZeroHedge
- Pound Tumbles On Report Scotland May Hold Second Independence Referendum | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Woman who is suspected of killing Kim Jong Un's half... | Business Insider
- Mexico's retaliation against Trump may be taking... | Business Insider
- The winner of the best foreign film Oscar boycotted the awards... | Business Insider
- Here's everything we know about Nintendo's new $300 console... | Business Insider
- What happens when you eat too much protein | Business Insider
- Here's where 5 key Obama environmental policies stand under Trump | Business Insider
- Thousands march... | Business Insider