50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hryvnia Rallies To 1-Month Highs After Ukraine Raises Benchmark Rate To 30% | ZeroHedge
- Meet Landlord Loans: You Too Can Be A Real Estate Speculator | ZeroHedge
- Despite Hard Data Collapse, US Services Surveys Point To Modest Bounce In February | ZeroHedge
- This Is Why Obama Missed Netanyahu's Speech Today | ZeroHedge
- US Ambassador To Cyprus Withdrawn After Diplomatic Blunder Involving Nemtsov Murder | ZeroHedge
- Mark Cuban Warns: This Bubble Is Far Worse Than The Tech Bubble Of 2000 | ZeroHedge
- How the West Got Hooked On “Humanitarian War” | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists measured 15,000 penises and determined the... | Business Insider
- China is obsessed with a website that features creepshots of London's hottest... | Business Insider
- The leader of Mexico's most brutal cartel has been... | Business Insider
- Cavani seals PSG spot in French Cup semis | Business Insider
- Pre-... | StreetInsider.com
- NASA has a plan to take the most detailed scans the world’s forests ever... | Business Insider
- Pebble made an exact replica of the gold Apple Watch | Business Insider