50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Putin Calls For "Immediate Talks" Over Eastern Ukraine "Statehood" | ZeroHedge
- THe EViDeNCe... | ZeroHedge
- Markets Set To Surge On Global Manufacturing PMI Bloodbath | ZeroHedge
- Does France Need A 21st Century Revolution? | ZeroHedge
- Where Do ISIS Fighters Come From? | ZeroHedge
- "Pakistan Spring" Escalates; 3 Dead, Over 470 Injured As "Soft Coup" Hardens | ZeroHedge
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Splunk Earnings: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- What The Tennis Legends Of The Past Look Like Today | Business Insider
- Djokovic downs Kohlschreiber to reach US Open quarter-... | Business Insider
- Ukraine Soldiers Are Battling Russian Tanks In... | Business Insider
- The 33 Most Expensive Movie Props Ever Sold | Business Insider
- A High School Baseball Game In Japan Lasted 50 Innings... | Business Insider
- US forces conduct operation in Somalia: Pentagon | Business Insider