50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Silicon Valley Insider: "If 2000 Was A Bubble Factor Of 10, We Are At A 9 Right Now" | ZeroHedge
- They Do Ring A Bell At The Top: Alibaba Proves Wall Street Is Off Its Rocker | ZeroHedge
- Losing the Battleship | iBankCoin.com
- Over 700 Stocks Were Down More than 3% Today | iBankCoin.com
- Citi Previews How It All Ends, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- The Days of BABA Are Upon Us | Financial Sense
- Despite 'Record' Opening Weekend, Goldman Fears "The iPhone Effect" On Retail Sales May Disappoint | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside The High-Tech Effort To Prevent The US Navy From Running Over... | Business Insider
- 'Interminable' Air France strike enters second week | Business Insider
- How The 'Avengers' Director Saved ’Toy Story’ From An Unwatchable Early Script... | Business Insider
- Obama: Syria strikes show US not alone in fighting IS | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- China manufacturing gauge picks up in September: HSBC | Business Insider
- Twins Pitcher Will Likely Lose $500,000 Bonus Because Of A Rain Delay | Business Insider