50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Montreal Students Clash With Riot Police In Austerity Protests | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 26 | ZeroHedge
- Watch for Fed to Lower U.S. Growth, Inflation Outlook | Financial Sense
- Putin Is Becoming A "Vulture" Bond Investor | ZeroHedge
- Out Of Tricks? | ZeroHedge
- Yellen’s Tiger Riding Dilemma Keeps Interest Rates Near Zero | Financial Sense
- Dow Breaks Below Key "Bullard Bounce" Trendline | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the odds of who will win in 2016 | Business Insider
- Facebook bets on Messenger app, opens it to developers | Business Insider
- Goldman thinks jobs creation can't maintain its current... | Business Insider
- Twitter's new video streaming app is better than Meerkat (TWTR) | Business Insider
- 'The Late Late Show with James Corden' got off to a solid,... | Business Insider
- Product Hunt, a startup tech investors use to find the next... | Business Insider
- Watch a member of Congress do 'the worst parking job... | Business Insider