50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Night Owl Open Forum | iBankCoin.com
- Great Graphic: Slowing of World Trade Growth and Globalization | Financial Sense
- Who Will Win This Next Pennant? | iBankCoin.com
- Restaurants Worth Another Look | iBankCoin.com
- The BoJ Jumps The Monetary Shark - Now The Machines, Madmen And Morons Are Raging | ZeroHedge
- Favorable Sentiment for a 4th Quarter Rally | Financial Sense
- Closing the Gap | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- REPORT: Lyft Is Considering Expanding To London | Business Insider
- Africa football body denies 'deal' to delay... | Business Insider
- Modi Madness Catapults India Stocks To Record Highs | Business Insider
- Amazon Exec: 'We Didn't Get The Price Right' On The Fire... | Business Insider
- New York City Keeps The Subway Running By Fixing It Before It Breaks | Business Insider
- Trent Reznor Is Working On A Top Secret Apple Project (AAPL) | Business Insider