50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- This Is How Russia Does The (Dry) Ice Bucket Challenge | ZeroHedge
- Hugh Hendry Live 3: "To Bet Against China Is To Best Against Central Bank Omnipotence" | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap November 20, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- Central Bankers, Fear And Other Bad Counselors | ZeroHedge
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- Year-End Rally | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- German finance minister wants EU to have budget veto... | Business Insider
- Ladies And Gentlemen, We Have Finally Learned The Right Way To Say 'Krugman'! | Business Insider
- Chinese Olympic star Sun Yang failed May drugs test -... | Business Insider
- Chelsea pull away, Toure rescues Man City | Business Insider
- London's Cab Drivers Used Undercover Detectives To... | Business Insider
- University Of Virginia Suspends Fraternities Following... | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before European Markets Open | Business Insider