50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- El-Erian Warns "Investors Are Underestimating Sudden Policy Shifts" | ZeroHedge
- US Manufacturing PMI Near 3-Year Highs As Input Costs Soar Most In 28 Months | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Courts Don't Have Any Respect For Freedom Of Contract | ZeroHedge
- Trump Can Easily Undo Obama’s Arctic Drilling Bans | Financial Sense
- A Preview Of Trump's Seven Imminent Executive Orders | ZeroHedge
- Swedish Politician Resigns After Calls To "Shoot Trump" | ZeroHedge
- Options Traders Are Pricing In The 3rd Highest Chance Of A 'Black Swan' Crash In History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump's top national security adviser is reportedly being... | Business Insider
- OMEGA: 'Investors should likely have their cake and eat it too in... | Business Insider
- Trump's supporters looking forward to what's next as their choice is sworn in as... | Business Insider
- THE APP ENGAGEMENT REPORT: The tools and tactics brands, marketers, and app... | Business Insider
- The real purpose behind China's mysterious J-20 combat... | Business Insider
- Vladimir Putin proposes easing penalties for domestic... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider