50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Assad Plans To Retake "All Syria," Will "Confront" Saudis, Turks If Invaded | ZeroHedge
- If You Want To Be Wealthy, Don't Buy A House - Build A Business | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Is Back: 5 Year Sub CDS Soar To Record High | ZeroHedge
- Business Inventories Jump, Sales Tumble Sending Ratio To Recession-Warning Cycle Highs | ZeroHedge
- Despite Crashing Japan, European, U.S. Markets Rebound On Firmer Oil | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Makes "Final" Decision To Send Troops To Syria As US, Russia Spar Over Aleppo Strikes | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Feb 11, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Learn a new strategy for playing the market and diversifying your investments... | Business Insider
- No, J.K. Rowling isn’t writing another 'Harry Potter' book —... | Business Insider
- How Netflix can affect your love life (NFLX) | Business Insider
- Tinder is trying to help boost your chances of finding a date for... | Business Insider
- How a man solved the 30-year-old mystery of his own... | Business Insider
- Middle income Americans aren't that worried about the choppy stock market... | Business Insider
- What 2,000 calories looks like at major fast-food restaurants | Business Insider