50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production | Financial Sense
- China’s Pivot Toward Europe May Cut U.S. Out of Deal | Financial Sense
- The Annotated History Of Russian Crises Since 1860 | ZeroHedge
- The Housing Bubble Explained in One Little Gem of an Excerpt... | ZeroHedge
- Regarding Crude | iBankCoin.com
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
- Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NYPD Officers Turn Their Backs On Mayor De Blasio | Business Insider
- Here's The Most Educated Town In Every State | Business Insider
- 17 Mindblowing Facts About North Korea | Business Insider
- What It’s Like To Be One Of Amazon’s Top Reviewers: 'I Get Death Threats' (... | Business Insider
- Drifting Liverpool seek Arsenal spark | Business Insider
- Gabbiadini saves Sampdoria on possible swansong | Business Insider
- The Vision And Cunning Of An Unknown American Changed The Shape Of London | Business Insider