50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LOCO IPO Soars To Insane 20x EBITDA Multiple | ZeroHedge
- It is Mostly about the US Next Week | ZeroHedge
- Flight MH-17 Black Box Reveals "Massive Explosive Decompression" | ZeroHedge
- Ladies: Hold on Tight to Your Accessories | iBankCoin.com
- Second US Citizen Infected With Ebola In Liberia, Which Shuts Down Borders To Slow Epidemic | ZeroHedge
- China's Solution To “Property Companies Facing Huge Debt Burdens”: Much More Debt | ZeroHedge
- Spanish Bond Yields Tumble Below 2.5% - Lowest In History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Will Cisco Systems Stock React to This Analyst Action? | TheStreet.com
- 'House Of Cards' Actor Will Play Villain In 'Ant-Man' | Business Insider
- 9 Easy Tips For Finding Exactly What You Want On Google | Business Insider
- Dollar Tree Buying Family Dollar Could Be Bad News For Coca-Cola And Clorox | Business Insider
- GM Isn't Alone in the Race to the 200-Mile Electric Car | TheStreet.com
- Fans Are Saying The New Wonder Woman Costume Looks A Lot Like Xena: Warrior Princess | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE, FAMILY DOLLAR AND ZILLOW ANNOUNCE MERGERS: Here's What You Need To Know (... | Business Insider