50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Recovery? 60% Of Greeks Live At Or Below Poverty Levels | ZeroHedge
- Small Caps Suffer Worst Quarter In 3 Years; Bonds Leading Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- How New Jersey's Creeping Wage Hikes Are Crippling Mom-And-Pop Restaurants | ZeroHedge
- Why Stock Investors Should Care What Happens in the Junk Bond Market | Financial Sense
- Future Bull | Financial Sense
- RX For Revisionist Bunkum: A Lehman Bailout Wouldn’t Have Saved The Economy | ZeroHedge
- Corporate Profits and Market Peaks - Are We There Yet? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Western Banks Have Basically Gone On Strike Against Russia,... | Business Insider
- Big Tobacco Is Putting Scarier Warnings On E-Cigarettes Than On Some Cigarettes... | Business Insider
- The Only Voice Of Reason In Argentina's Government Just Quit | Business Insider
- 'All Serbs' on trial at war crimes court, says... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Blasts in Syria's Homs kill 18, most children: state... | Business Insider
- SECRET SERVICE DIRECTOR RESIGNS | Business Insider