50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caught On A Hot Mic In 1992, Larry King Assures Bill Clinton: "Ted Turner Would Serve You" | ZeroHedge
- Stunning Maps Depict Collapse Of Obamacare "Coverage" In 2017 | ZeroHedge
- NSA Whistleblowers: Hack of NSA Hacks Was Likely An Inside Job | ZeroHedge
- The Lack Of EpiPen Competitors Is The FDA's Fault | ZeroHedge
- Is the UK Economy Doing Better Post-Brexit? | Financial Sense
- What Went Wrong Yesterday | ZeroHedge
- J-Holed: Stocks Slide After "Good" Yellen, "Bad" Powell, & "Ugly" Fischer | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The rich are getting more secretive with their money... | Business Insider
- I've used a meditation app loved by Wall Streeters and Olympic athletes daily for the past 8 months, and now I can't... | Business Insider
- People are so excited about this weekend bag that it’s become the... | Business Insider
- A 31-year-old who's been traveling the world for 5 years explains how she affords it... | Business Insider
- Amazon is opening another bookstore and this one is in Chicago (AMZN) | Business Insider
- A heart doctor reveals if you can really die from a broken heart | Business Insider
- 7 ways that grocery stores entice you to spend more | Business Insider