50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- "Freedom Has A Price" - Holland's Wilders Rages "Let's Lock The Door To Islam" | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Devaluation Bets Surge, Stocks Crash As Debt Deal Falters On 9/11 Legislation Anxiety | ZeroHedge
- White House Enraged At "Most Embarrassing Vote Ever" Senate Veto Override | ZeroHedge
- Euro “Might Start To Unravel” If Collapse Of Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- The One Thing You Really Do Need | Altucher Confidential
- Madness Swirls at House Judiciary Committee as Comey Attempts to Justify Hillary Innocence | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a way to get endless professional photos while you trounce around... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Here's the first thing you see when you are accepted into any Ivy League school | Business Insider
- People are furious that Target is ditching its iconic red... | Business Insider
- Disney is making a live-action version of 'The Lion King... | Business Insider
- Hillary Clinton is up slightly in the first major poll after the debate | Business Insider
- We spent a day with Chelsea Handler on the set of her Netflix talk... | Business Insider