50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peak Construction Spending? | ZeroHedge
- ConocoPhillips Fires 10% Of Global Workforce, Warns Of "Dramatic Downturn" To Oil Industry | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Sees Fractional Decline in July | Financial Sense
- Economics 102: WalMart Cuts Worker Hours After Hiking Minimum Wages | ZeroHedge
- Ep 130: Penn Jillette – The Brilliant Idea Can Kill You | Altucher Confidential
- A Road Map For How the Crash Will Play Out | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: Stanley Fischer Speaks - More Drivel From A Dangerous Academic Fool | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How to download Amazon videos to your iPhone so you can watch them when you'... | Business Insider
- All the market needs is one big scare to go into free fall | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Egypt starts dig on Gaza border to stop smuggling tunnels... | Business Insider
- Premier League clubs spent $1.4 billion on players during summer transfer... | Business Insider
- Court sides with Uber drivers to expand case over pay | Business Insider
- Here’s everything you need to know about the new Apple TV | Business Insider