50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- On Money and Society: An Exclusive Interview With Steve Baker MP | Financial Sense
- THE DECLINE IN THE EURO MEANS NOTHING | iBankCoin.com
- FiRST We TaKe MaNHaTTaN... | ZeroHedge
- Mapping The World's Greatest Risks (According To Davos) | ZeroHedge
- Greek Deposit Outflows Soar In Run-Up To Syriza Victory | ZeroHedge
- Despite What You Don't Hear In The Media, It's ALL OUT (Currency) WAR! Pt. 1 | ZeroHedge
- Did Goldman Just Call The Top Of The "Strong Dollar" Trade | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 32 Jaw-Dropping Photos From the 2015 Dakar Rally | Business Insider
- When Marissa Mayer Became CEO Of Yahoo, She Let Thousands Of Employees Ditch Their... | Business Insider
- Sizzling Serena joins sister Venus in Australian Open... | Business Insider
- How To Use This Awesome Amazon Feature To Share Your E-Books (AMZN) | Business Insider
- Here's How To Get A Copy Of Every Tweet You've Ever Posted (TWTR... | Business Insider
- Davos elites warned about catastrophic cyberattacks | Business Insider
- Obama to be guest of honour at India's Republic Day... | Business Insider