50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- An American In ISIS: Meet Doug McCain, One Dead Jihadist | ZeroHedge
- Forget Geopolitical De-Escalation - Here's The Real Reason Why Oil Is Tumbling | ZeroHedge
- Back on the Cusp of All-Time Highs | Financial Sense
- Europe: Stagnation, Default, Or Devaluation | ZeroHedge
- Pre-Holiday Week Short Squeeze ideas | iBankCoin.com
- Consumer Confidence Rises Again | Financial Sense
- Finish Him! Stocks | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Aaron Paul's Emmy Speech Crashes Wife's Charity Site | Business Insider
- The Most Exciting Gadgets To Look Forward To In 2014 | Business Insider
- Amazon to buy videogame platform Twitch for $970 mn | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Russian military sources soldiers enter Ukraine 'by... | Business Insider
- White House Insists Obama Didn't Dismiss ISIS As The '... | Business Insider