50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Church Elder Defrauds Investors With "Holy Spirit" Day Trading System | ZeroHedge
- Have the Saudis Miscalculated the Impact of Lower Crude Prices on US Production? | Financial Sense
- Greece Has Spent A Half-Century In Default Or Restructuring | ZeroHedge
- SLOW DOWN | iBankCoin.com
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
- Massive "No" Demonstration Floods Athens' Syntagma Square As Tsipras Speaks - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- China Completes Airstrip On Reef, Builds Military Facility On Second Island | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- What it's like inside Wal-Mart's new marketplace that's a threat to... | Business Insider
- Greek ATMs will be empty on Monday – unless Europe steps in | Business Insider
- The best way to photograph fireworks with your iPhone | Business Insider
- Federer, Murray target Wimbledon last 16 | Business Insider
- Hamilton takes pole at home Grand Prix | Business Insider
- Here's one way to sniff out a bubble within the stock market | Business Insider
- Uber is suspending one of its services in France after taxi drivers rioted in the... | Business Insider