50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nunes Refuses To Share Intelligence Source With Other Committee Members | ZeroHedge
- Russia Is Pissed: Threatens To Spill Obama Admin Secrets If US Intel Doesn't Stop Leaking | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Day Arrives: Why One Trader Thinks It Will Lead To A "Hefty Rally" In Sterling | ZeroHedge
- This Map Explains The Roots Of France's Growing Nationalism | ZeroHedge
- Billionaire Slashes Asking Price For Beverly Hills Mega- Mansion By A Third, Or $66 Million | ZeroHedge
- The Transformation Of Our Nation Into A Surveillance State Is Almost Complete | ZeroHedge
- This Guy Has Eight Passports | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Paying people to stop smoking sounds controversial, but studies show it... | Business Insider
- 94-year-old McDonald's worker says her job is 'a reason to get up in... | Business Insider
- Hedge fund traders from a legendary desk at Goldman Sachs... | Business Insider
- FAST FOOD CEO: Machines could 'run the world' by the mid- to... | Business Insider
- EMIRATES PRESIDENT: We don't know if the US laptop ban will hurt business... | Business Insider
- The largest dinosaur footprint ever found has been discovered in '... | Business Insider