50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hollande Vows "All Out War" Against ISIS After Priest Killing | ZeroHedge
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
- Silver Spikes Back Into Green After Overnight Slump | ZeroHedge
- Tuesday Humor: Richmond Fed Survey Beats Expectations By 7 Standard Deviations | ZeroHedge
- Did Verizon Just Signal The Top? | ZeroHedge
- Gold In Bull Market – "Every Reason For It To Continue" - Frisby In Money Week | ZeroHedge
- Presenting "Putin's Useful Idiot": Anyone Who Disagrees With The Establishment | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Science reveals 10 great things that happen after 30 | Business Insider
- This critical group is taking VR very seriously | Business Insider
- Here's what happened when I finally got to drive the car of my childhood dreams... | Business Insider
- Suicide bombers attacked a peacekeeping base in the Somali capital, killing 13 | Business Insider
- This toy makes us think the Joker may be dressing up as Batman in 'Suicide Squad... | Business Insider
- Here's what history tells us what may happen next with Brexit and Trump... | Business Insider
- 18 of the most colorful destinations around the world | Business Insider