50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Everything Is Not Awesome! Study Finds LEGOs Becoming Increasingly Violent | ZeroHedge
- Gold Rush Losing Glitter | Financial Sense
- Panic-Buyers Lift WTI Crude Back Over $48 | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 24 | ZeroHedge
- These Americans Are Preparing For War With Their Own Government | ZeroHedge
- French Government Promises To Deal With Unions "Extremely Firmly" As Fuel Shortages Intensify | ZeroHedge
- Gold Drops, Oil Pops As Another Volumeless Buying-Frenzy Strikes Stocks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Broadband subscribers continue to climb, while cable sees... | Business Insider
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by... | Business Insider
- Herbalife is surging after a report that the company has settled its FTC investigation (... | Business Insider
- 3 qualities MIT's Sloan School of... | Business Insider
- Fintech could be bigger than ATMs, PayPal,... | Business Insider
- Nissan is going after Tesla's other big business with a new at-home... | Business Insider
- 4 big mistakes guys make with their business attire, according to a... | Business Insider