50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Curbs Gold Imports To Slow Capital Flight | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Spike as OPEC Reaches Deal on Production Cut | Financial Sense
- Bloomberg Reports Fake News: Story Claims FireEye Said Russia ‘Weaponized Social Media’ During Elections | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Soar Most In 2 Years Following Trump Election | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: De-Globalization Trend Not as Clear as It Seems | Financial Sense
- Reddit To Ban "Most Toxic" Trump Supporters After CEO Abused With "Personal Message Harassment" | ZeroHedge
- Using Deception Technology in the Race Against Cybercrime | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the leading credit card processing companies (JPM, BAC, C, WFC, VNTV,... | Business Insider
- It could take 3 years for Republicans to replace Obamacare | Business Insider
- Whitney Tilson on Trump's supporters: 'I think Donald... | Business Insider
- A small hedge fund manager threw shade at... | Business Insider
- I talked with a real life cyborg, and now I'm convinced 'cyborgism' is the... | Business Insider
- Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay more than $1 billion in defective... | Business Insider
- Why McDonald's Chicken McNuggets come in only 4 shapes (MCD) | Business Insider