50/200-day MA Crossovers for Wednesday (CBRL,GBX,SRDX,CMO,BODY)
What's a Bullish 50/200-day MA Crossover?
The 50 day and 200 day moving average crossover is a heavily used tool to emphasize the trend and smooth out of price movements. It is often thought that a stock that has a price trading above its 50 day moving average and if the 50 day moving average is above the 200 day moving average, then the stock is healthy and should continue upward in the near future.
The 50 day and 200 day moving averages are also used as support and resistance areas. When trading above, they act as support, which can give you an extra edge in your trades.
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Inc (CBRL) is currently trading at $50.13. Its 52 week range is between $37.31 and $56.61.
Greenbrier Companies Inc (GBX) is currently trading at $23.81. Its 52 week range is between $10.38 and $30.38.
SurModics Inc (SRDX) is currently trading at $14.43. Its 52 week range is between $8.73 and $15.5.
Capstead Mortgage Corp (CMO) is currently trading at $12.56. Its 52 week range is $10 and $13.95.
Body Central Corp (BODY) is currently trading at $24.62. Its 52 week range is between $14.11 and $26.98.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Moving average crossover systems can be very effective, however, they should be used with other aspects of technical analysis (candlesticks, momentum, volume, etc.). While it is easy to find a system that has worked well in the past, there's no guarantee that it will work in the future..
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Balances And Gold | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Let These Two Ladies Lull You to Sleep at the Casino | iBankCoin.com
- Shorts Are Firmly in the Vise | iBankCoin.com
- Steve Cohen's SAC May Face Criminal Charges | ZeroHedge
- Silver Surges 6.8% From Lows After Slammed 10% Lower In 4 Minutes | ZeroHedge
- Brussels Puts Spain Under Surveillance | Financial Sense
- Why Japan Is Bad for the World | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 19 Most Distressed Cities Where Americans Are Struggling To Get By | Business Insider
- Marissa Mayer Talked About Tumblr And Revealed A Re-Imagined Flickr In New York (YHOO) | Business Insider
- CalPers Votes To Split Jamie Dimon's Role | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- White House Adviser Tells Fox News Host Chris Wallace His... | Business Insider
- REPORT: Steve Cohen Is Considering A Deal That Would Shut His Hedge Fund To Outside... | Business Insider
- This Poster For Lars von Trier's 'Nymphomaniac' Is The Weirdest Movie Ad We... | Business Insider