A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How Will Volcker Rule Affect Markets? | Financial Sense
- JNUGs JNUGs JNUGs, Smokin’ Gold, Gold, Gold | iBankCoin.com
- China Congress Post-Mortem Or Li's Mission Impossible | ZeroHedge
- Crimea May (Or May Not) Be Part Of Russia As Of This Moment | ZeroHedge
- NSA Chief Pushes Legislation To Stifle The First Amendment | ZeroHedge
- How The Empire Might Strike Back | ZeroHedge
- In Venezuela, This Is How You Convert $1 Into $175,000 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The 20 Most Expensive Places To Rent A Luxury Apartment | Business Insider
- ESPN Anchor Ripped Ken Griffey Jr. After Awkward Interview | Business Insider
- NOAA Issues An El Nino Watch, Says There's A 50% Chance For Development... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The Biggest Changes To The SAT Have Nothing To Do With Optional Essays Or Penalty-Free Answers | Business Insider
- The 28-Year-Old CEO Of A Virtual Currency Site Has Died | Business Insider