A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Housing Affordability: How Does the U.S. Compare to Canada, China, Australia, Japan, Ireland, UK | Financial Sense
- While We Wait for Yet Another FOMC Statement... | Financial Sense
- The Importance of Owning Stocks | Financial Sense
- Is The US Preparing To Blame The Next Market Crash On "Russian Spies" And HFT? | ZeroHedge
- Unanimous Fed Remains "Patient" On Target To Normalize Rates, Expects Lower Inflation - Full Statement Redline | ZeroHedge
- Stock Market Liquidity Is The Lowest Ever For An FOMC Day | ZeroHedge
- Apple Reports Blowout Quarter Due To China Sales Surge, Cash Rises To $178 Billion: The Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Massive Sinkholes Open In The Ground Without Warning — Swallowing Cars, Homes, And Sometimes... | Business Insider
- Google's 'Send Money In Email' Service Has Arrived In The UK (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Everyone Is Freaking Out Over The Newsweek Cover About Women In Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- Yahoo Is Tanking Pre-Market (YHOO) | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, MCD, FB, BABA... | Business Insider
- Murray downs Berdych to reach Australian Open final | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek