A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- All Eyes on Kenya: The Next Big Oil Exporter | Financial Sense
- Summarizing The "Long Dollar Trade" In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- "I Am Putting Everything In Goldman Sachs Because These Guys Can Do Whatever The Hell They Want" | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine on the Brink | Financial Sense
- "Hong Kong Risks Losing Its Role As A Financial Capital," Deutsche Bank Chief Economist Warns | ZeroHedge
- USDJPY Surge Drags Nasdaq Green, Bonds Ain't Buying It (Again) | ZeroHedge
- I’VE WRITTEN ANOTHER TREATISE. PLEASE COME AND READ IT. | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amanda Bynes Arrested For DUI | Business Insider
- Stock Falls 45% After Company Abandons Plan To Become A REIT, Decides To... | Business Insider
- The Day 2 Hong Kong Protests Are Unbelievably Huge | Business Insider
- Fan Gets A Perfect Video Of The Diving Catch That Saved A No-Hitter For The Nationals... | Business Insider
- MORGAN STANLEY: It's Like $400 Billion Just Walked Out The Door At PIMCO... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- This Weekend Was A Disaster For Senate Democrats | Business Insider