A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Best Reaction Yet: "Yellen Speech A Whole Lot Of Nothing" | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Revised Lower To 1.1%, As Expected, Even As Personal Consumption Rises | ZeroHedge
- Clinton's Pay-to-Play Is The Natural Consequence Of Big Government | ZeroHedge
- $oRo$ (PART II) | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Meditation May Be the Key to Becoming a Better Investor | ZeroHedge
- Why Is FaceBook Funding "Anti-Fed" Activists | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Uber is testing a subscription service | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- MESSAGING APPS FOR PUBLISHERS REPORT: Why... | Business Insider
- Scientists have taken another step towards re-creating the first life on... | Business Insider
- BIOMETRICS IN THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY: Why biologically based authentication is becoming the go-to... | Business Insider
- Uber has handed a hot finance Wall Street startup a huge... | Business Insider
- RANKED: The 42 laziest dog breeds in America | Business Insider