A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Understanding The Next 10-Years Of Low Returns | ZeroHedge
- "Ms. Wantanabe" Bets On Resurgent Yen As PE Cashes Out | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Solves Toilet Paper Shortage As Inflation Surpasses 100% | ZeroHedge
- Investor Opinions Have Become Extremely Uniform, and That's Not Good | Financial Sense
- Gold Price Moves Since QE3 Have Been A Warning To Mainstream Economists, Not Cause For Celebrations | ZeroHedge
- Obama Loses Immigration Battle As States Block Executive Order | ZeroHedge
- Near-Record Wage Spike Stabilizes Richmond Fed Manufacturing Survey | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The new Pebble is out — here's how it stacks up to the Apple Watch | Business Insider
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (TWTR, AOL, MSFT, AAPL) | Business Insider
- EU, Switzerland sign major accord on tax transparency | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Here's what Evan Spiegel wants to change about Snapchat | Business Insider
- Here's how much thieves make by selling your personal data... | Business Insider
- A high school student wrote an inspiring college essay about... | Business Insider