A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- IRS Launches Investigation Of Clinton Foundation | ZeroHedge
- Wishful Optimism: The Triumph Of Lies Over Truth | ZeroHedge
- Oil Industry About To Be Burned Again By Fall In Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of Japan Shocks Market, Shuns Government Pressure: Leaves QE, Rates Unchanged, Questions Policy Effectiveness | ZeroHedge
- Atlanta Fed Just Slashed its Q2 GDP Estimate To 1.8%, Cycle Low | ZeroHedge
- "Real, Imminent Threat" That Next World War Will Be Initiated By First Strike EMP Weapon | ZeroHedge
- S&P Hits Record Highs After BoJ, GDP Disappointment | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One of our favorite subscription boxes is an amazing value right now... | Business Insider
- Father of deceased Muslim US soldier asks Trump 'Have you even read the... | Business Insider
- A Rio doctor had a blunt description of the water where Olympic athletes... | Business Insider
- French administrator: 2 people on train were questioned... | Business Insider
- Uber just took a big step to making its driverless cars a reality | Business Insider
- Even rockstar author J.K. Rowling has received letters of rejection | Business Insider
- THE PAYMENTS INDUSTRY EXPLAINED: The Trends Creating New Winners And Losers In The Card... | Business Insider