A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Jul 1, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Hacked Emails Confirm NATO Push To Provoke, Escalate Conflict With Russia | ZeroHedge
- Policy Uncertainty and Global Equities | Financial Sense
- Confidence Crushed Despite Collapsing Jobless Claims | ZeroHedge
- Puerto Rico Defaults On $2 Billion In Debt Payments | ZeroHedge
- Biometric Technology, "Brainprints", and the Death of the Password | Financial Sense
- Imports Collapse At East Coast Ports | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's a super-quick guide to what traders are talking about right now | Business Insider
- A new self-driving monorail will chop 2-hour commutes down to 10... | Business Insider
- We tried Chipotle's new chorizo — here's the verdict | Business Insider
- Stunning deal on the first day of NBA free agency is the perfect... | Business Insider
- Survey says most businesses already use the Internet of... | Business Insider
- A meeting between Hillary Clinton and the FBI may be happening soon | Business Insider
- The cofounder of Hyperloop One just left the company | Business Insider