A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It's Official: Trump Has Enough Delegates To Win The Republican Nomination | ZeroHedge
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
- When a Dollar is Not a Dollar | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Maximum Amount Of Cash You Can Take Out At A Venezuela ATM | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Bets Surge At Bookies Despite Cable Strength | ZeroHedge
- Erdogan Halts European Refugee Deal After Merkel Snub, Says Turkey Has Other Options | ZeroHedge
- Former McDonalds CEO Crushes The Minimum Wage Lie: "It's Cheaper To Buy A Robot Than Hire At $15/Hour" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how to know if you have Lyme disease | Business Insider
- Republican senator writes op-ed on meeting Obama's... | Business Insider
- Deflation is dead | Business Insider
- The Yale administrator who inflamed racial tensions after an email about Halloween... | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' investor Daymond John says 3 things set billionaires... | Business Insider
- Meet the execs running Google's most important products (GOOG) | Business Insider
- 6 new photos from the next episode of 'Game of Thrones' with big... | Business Insider