A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Shaping the Investment Climate and the Dollar Trade | ZeroHedge
- China's 1929 Moment | ZeroHedge
- It’s All About the Fed Today | Financial Sense
- Welcome To Planet Obama | ZeroHedge
- German Government Launches Investigation of Journalists for Treason | ZeroHedge
- "There's A Bubble In Pessimism Worldwide, Come On, You Read Zero Hedge!" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Update: Sentiment, Seasonality, and Price Patterns Look Favorable | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- China's manufacturing shows zero growth in July | Business Insider
- This is how the FBI hunts down the world's... | Business Insider
- Practically all the details for Samsung's next major phone have leaked | Business Insider
- Not every Silicon Valley leader is an engineer, including these 9... | Business Insider
- UN warns Myanmar flood toll to increase as rains lash... | Business Insider