A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in March | Financial Sense
- U.S. to Foreign Officials: Stop Buying U.S. Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Japan Trade Deficit Largest in History; Imports Soar, Exports Barely Up | Financial Sense
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- The Adaptive Genius of Rigged Markets | Financial Sense
- In "Flash Boys," Michael Lewis Misses the Point -- Deliberately | ZeroHedge
- Chart Surfing | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 13 Everyday Phrases That Actually Came From Shakespeare | Business Insider
- Yum Shares Rally After Earnings (YUM) | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- This Chart Shows Why Pinterest Is Way More Important Than Twitter Or Reddit For Traffic... | Business Insider
- Load Up on Apple Stock as Android Killer Looms | TheStreet.com
- Here's The Political Attack Ad At The Center Of A Big Supreme Court Case... | Business Insider