A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Test Of Central Bank Omnipotence May Be Upon Us | ZeroHedge
- EURUSD Opens Down 150 Pips, Breaks To 1.09 Handle | ZeroHedge
- No One Said it Was Easy | iBankCoin.com
- What Borders Mean to Europe | Financial Sense
- Mission Accomplished SNB: Euro Storms Back To Unchanged | ZeroHedge
- GeNeRaL JaCKSoN SLaYiNG THe MaNY HeaDeD MoNSTeR... | ZeroHedge
- Bull Market Pause or Top? Clues from the Credit Markets | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Arkham Knight' is absolutely fun, but sometimes it forgets it's a Batman game | Business Insider
- The company behind the Gatwick oil discovery just bought a... | Business Insider
- Actor BD Wong blames 'racial exclusion in Hollywood... | Business Insider
- This is the Goldman-backed messaging product that's out... | Business Insider
- You’ll need to update your iPhone if you want to try Apple Music this week (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 'What chumps!': John Roberts' dissent in a major Supreme Court... | Business Insider
- Stock futures are higher after Monday's chaos (SPY, DJI, IXIC, USO, TLT, GREK, WTI, OIL, VDE... | Business Insider