A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- WTI Extends Crash To 10% After API Inventories Surge Most In 5 Months | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Sep 2, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Don't Overplay the Bounce | Financial Sense
- Renaming Mountains | ZeroHedge
- Russian Military Forces Arrive In Syria, Set Forward Operating Base Near Damascus | ZeroHedge
- China and Global Market Turbulence | Financial Sense
- US Equities Are Crashing Again - Dow Futures Down 430, AAPL -2.75%; NYSE Unleashes Rule 48 (Again) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Federal Sony data breach lawsuit settled, lawyer says | Business Insider
- Guatemalan president faces judgment day in Congress | Business Insider
- McDonald's is releasing a breakfast version of the McWrap... | Business Insider
- Cristiano Ronaldo liked his wax statue so much he paid the artist $31,000 to make one the... | Business Insider
- South Africa hunting reserve caters to bow and arrow... | Business Insider
- Africa's Deadwood: The gold rush is on in Uganda | Business Insider
- Rhino crushes tour guide to death in Zimbabwe | Business Insider