A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Treasuries Besieged by 'Idiot Money': Record Shorts in Treasuries Paint an Ominous Picture for Bond Bears | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: January 23 | ZeroHedge
- Donald Trump, Betsy DeVos and School Choice | Financial Sense
- Secular Shift in Interest Rates? | Financial Sense
- Ethics Group Will Sue Trump On Monday Over Foreign Government Payments | ZeroHedge
- How We Got Here | ZeroHedge
- German Press: "That Was No Presidential Speech; That Was A Declaration Of War" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Yahoo drifts little changed after the SEC says it's looking into why... | Business Insider
- Founder of Papa John’s: How an early setback almost killed my business (PZZA) | Business Insider
- The 10 most powerful Chinese brands in the western world | Business Insider
- 'Money stained with blood': Pope Francis lashes out... | Business Insider
- Celine Dion's enormous $38.5 million Florida mansion has been on the market for 4... | Business Insider
- How YouTube could capitalize on its rivals' mistakes, and conquer the future of TV (GOOG,... | Business Insider
- Over 15,000 Romanians protest against an amnesty bill that would... | Business Insider