A Reason to Sell, Opportunity Knocks
We saw this pullback coming since last week and used that opportunity to exit stage right to 100% cash. The winner today is the iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures (VXX) up 8% everything else sucks.
Mastery warned to avoid stocks in Waiting to Trade. After all, why gamble all your winnings this year at this point? Now that the market has reacted with a knee jerk of selling, it's time to sit back and watch the chaos from Cashland. We recommend letting the bears take the reigns and wait to buy back possibly tomorrow or next week. If you must buy something today then consider a basket of stocks like the ProShares Ultra S&P500 ETF (SSO). It is difficult to know if the pullback is just temporary or if everyone starts buying in another hour.
We disagree with the Talking Heads, you have to time the market these days. There's too much at risk in a post Lehman Brothers World. Why let your gains be wiped out by panic and fear? Hang in there fellow investors and look to enter the SSO at $75 even. As we head into the final hour of trading the Dow Jones and S&P 500 are down big, 1.8% and 2% respectively.
Another sector to watch is the volatile silver miners, stocks like Silver Standard Resources Inc (SSRI) and Silver Wheaton (SLW) which hit new 52-week lows today. Silver is not useless, these types of bottoms are great opportunities to investors waiting in the wings.
CHART OF INTEREST
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "More Politics Than Anything Else" - Wall Street Reacts To The OPEC Oil Production Cut Deal | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Contemplates Buying Deutsche Bank | ZeroHedge
- Why There Is Trump | ZeroHedge
- The Problem With Helicopter Money | Financial Sense
- Core Durable Goods Orders Contract For 20th Straight Month - Longest Non-Recessionary Streak In US History | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Fears Spark Buying Panic In Bunds (Despite Rising Germany Sovereign Risk) | ZeroHedge
- Who Really Lost This Week's Presidential Debate? America Did! | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Trump and Clinton campaigns outline what you should expect in Monday's titanic... | Business Insider
- The 50 best TV show seasons of all time, according to critics | Business Insider
- Legendary drug lord Pablo Escobar lost $2.1 billion in cash each year — and it didn'... | Business Insider
- 'What in the hell is he talking about?' — Biden... | Business Insider
- The biggest musical revolution in the history of popular music happened... | Business Insider
- Take a rare look inside 6 of the multi-million superyachts on sale at the Monaco... | Business Insider
- Alicia Machado was the perfect person for Clinton to bring up in the debate... | Business Insider