Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Hidden Leverage In "Shiny Objects" - Banks Sell Record Amount Of Equity-Linked Structured Notes | ZeroHedge
- Meet Joe Lewis - The $200 Million "British Madoff" | ZeroHedge
- Implications for the Stock Market and Gold with a Yen Rally | Financial Sense
- Draghi Risks Becoming the Boy Who Cried Wolf Over QE | Financial Sense
- US Equities Set For Record Open On Crude Commentary, Stable Russian Ruble | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: December 22 | ZeroHedge
- Bank Revenues Plummet 17% In October And November According To Citi | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These Sub-$200 Headphones Are Petite And Powerful, But Also Imperfect | Business Insider
- ANALYST: 'There's A Good Chance... | Business Insider
- French police kill 'Allahu Akbar' attacker | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The Amazing Story Of Japan's Groundbreaking Bullet Train | Business Insider
- Check Out This British Crowdfunding Campaign To Send A Rocket To Drill On... | Business Insider
- There Are Signs That Someone Has Launched A Cyberattack Against North Korea | Business Insider