Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caught On Tape: 800 Angry Farmers Storm Greek Ministry, Beat Cops With Shepherd's Sticks | ZeroHedge
- The War on Cash is About to Go into Hyperdrive Pt 2 | ZeroHedge
- Move Over Greece, It's Italy's Turn - George Friedman Sounds the Alarm on European Banking Crisis | Financial Sense
- Europe's Most Distressing Chart: For Banks 2016 Is Already Worse Than 2008 | ZeroHedge
- "We Are In A New Cold War": Russia PM Delivers Stark Warning To NATO | ZeroHedge
- What Energy Bankers Are Really Saying: "We Are Looking To Save Ourselves Now" | ZeroHedge
- The "Trade Of The Year" Just Returned 30% In Two Days | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Smartphones could become the earthquake sensors of the... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- PHOTOS: Here's what it's like on the presidential-campaign trail | Business Insider
- Kanye West defends vulgar lyric about Taylor Swift: 'It's actually... | Business Insider
- Here's a super quick guide to what traders are talking about right now (SPY, DJI, IXIC, DXY... | Business Insider
- Setting your iPhone to this date will kill your device | Business Insider
- Reviled pharma bro Martin Shkreli wants to 'buy' Kanye West's... | Business Insider