Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global QE and the Gold Price | Financial Sense
- What Would You Do? | ZeroHedge
- Jeff Gundlach Warns "The Fed Is About To Make A Big Mistake" (& That's Why Bond Yields Are Crashing) | ZeroHedge
- Greece should Ice the Troika! | ZeroHedge
- Within 3 Days Hence, The Market Will Be Much Higher | iBankCoin.com
- Syriza’s Victory Is Not the End but the Beginning | Financial Sense
- According To Citi, Small Hedge Funds May Have No Choice But To Become Paper Traders On Twitter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Churchill still looms large over Britain of 2015 | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- How IBM is bringing front-office data analysis to Super Bowl fans | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank profit more than doubles | Business Insider
- There is a now a video game that lets you assemble Ikea furniture | Business Insider
- Stick With the Winners Like Boeing, Colgate-Palmolive, Cramer Says | TheStreet.com