Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump vs Clinton: How Will Energy Fare? | Financial Sense
- Gold Investment Slows, Soft Summer 'Risks $1300' But Bond Defaults 'Will Spike' as Japan, Eurozone Deny Fresh Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Bank Of Japan Shocks Market, Shuns Government Pressure: Leaves QE, Rates Unchanged, Questions Policy Effectiveness | ZeroHedge
- DNC Day 3: Bloomberg, Biden, BlackLivesMatter, & Obama - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: How the US Recovery Stacks Up | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: July 28 | ZeroHedge
- China Unveils 'Pokemon Go Danger' Public Service Announcement | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The hyper-acquisitive tech giant SoftBank has made a big hire from Goldman Sachs | Business Insider
- These 30 Fortune 500 companies have the most cash in off-shore tax havens | Business Insider
- The Tor Project's investigation of a former star developer... | Business Insider
- 11 mistakes standing between you and your first million | Business Insider
- Susan Sarandon leaves the DNC after having the 'worst... | Business Insider
- Here's what it's like to have a drink with President Obama | Business Insider
- 23 things you should never say to your coworkers | Business Insider