Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Smart Money" BTFATH At Most Furious Pace In Over A Year, 2Y Short-Squeeze Possible | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed's Hawkish President Charles Plosser To Retire In March 2015 | ZeroHedge
- When The New Normal Fails: The "Problem With Traditional Economics" In A Bizarro, Centrally-Planned World | ZeroHedge
- Three People Dead After Shooting Breaks Out Inside Birmingham UPS Customer Service - Live Webcast | ZeroHedge
- If Stocks Are So Cheap, Why Are Insiders Selling the Farm With Their Own Money? | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Italy "Fixes" Its Unsustainable Debt Problem | ZeroHedge
- The Fed Kills Emerging Markets For Profit | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CNBC Contributor And Trader Rich Ilczyszyn Has Died At Age 46 | Business Insider
- Wall Street Has A New Worry Now That The Economy Is Recovering | Business Insider
- Thousands of Hong Kong students on strike for democracy | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel Q&A: The Billionaire Investor Talks Apple Pay, Microsoft’s Lack Of Innovation,... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Cramer on the Biggest IPO of All Time: Alibaba Is the Real Deal | TheStreet.com