Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold, the SDR and BRICS | Financial Sense
- Puerto Rico Warns Of Imminent Government Shutdown Due To "Liquidity Crisis" | ZeroHedge
- America's Drone-Death Outrage (Summarized In 1 Awkward Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Pascal’s Wager | Financial Sense
- The 'Relentless' Greek Debt Payment Schedule | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- "Greece Can No Longer Withstand The Waves Of Desperate People Arriving From War Zones" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- ELON MUSK: I think we’ve got a decent shot of sending a person to Mars in 11 or 12... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- 11 mind-melting photos will make you realize how shockingly small the Earth... | Business Insider
- New book shows Spain's royals no longer untouchable | Business Insider
- 'I'm a woman': US Olympic hero Jenner... | Business Insider
- Obama avoids term 'genocide' in Armenian massacre | Business Insider