Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Nobel Peace Prize Winning Caption Contest | ZeroHedge
- How Will Volcker Rule Affect Markets? | Financial Sense
- Weekend Video Analysis 03/08/14 | iBankCoin.com
- Mid-term Election Cycle Forecasts April Market Peak | Financial Sense
- Russia Threatens "Sanctions Would Hit US Like A Boomerang"" | ZeroHedge
- Can the Rally in Global Commodities Be Sustained? | Financial Sense
- A Lackluster Start to the Year | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Might Be The First Sign Of Debris From... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Restaurant Workers Will Hate You If You Order These Items | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Shutterstock Shares Up as Getty Images Focuses on Digital | TheStreet.com
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com