Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Coal Facing Worst Year Yet in 2015 | Financial Sense
- A Correction is Coming | iBankCoin.com
- Financial Insanity Grips The World | ZeroHedge
- Corruption: That's What Government Was Designed For | ZeroHedge
- Who Would Win A Conflict In The South China Sea: The Infographic | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To The Recovery 2015: JP Morgan To Fire 5000 | ZeroHedge
- Is Inflation on Our Doorstep? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple wants to make your iPhone smart enough to... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- Analyst: Oracle 'has been behaving irrationally' towards Workday (ORCL,... | Business Insider
- Indian police seize pigeon over spying fears | Business Insider
- One CEO says these 3 'magic questions' make him a more... | Business Insider
- A few tell-tale signs that you should short a Chinese stock | Business Insider