Holy Shizz: Fiscal Cliff Avoided!!
Just before 10 PM we have a deal! Reuters - The White House and congressional lawmakers have reached a deal to avoid the "fiscal cliff" that would delay harsh spending cuts by two months, Obama administration officials said on Monday.
PRAISE ALL THAT IS HOLY
President Barack Obama called Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who both signed off on the deal, one source said.
The agreement includes a balance of spending cuts and revenue increases to pay for the delay in the automatic spending cuts that would go into effect without a deal by lawmakers.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks | Financial Sense
- China State Official Hints Beijing May Bailout Greece | ZeroHedge
- The Current Oil Price Slump Is Far From Over | ZeroHedge
- GOLD: Will This Summer’s Rally Mark A Cyclical Turning Point? | ZeroHedge
- Weekly Look At Things | iBankCoin.com
- Train Carrying Toxic Gas Derails In Tennessee, Catches Fire; Thousands Evacuated | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: July 1 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- GOLDMAN: Here are the 13 cheapest stocks in the market | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- The secret strategy behind Burger King's black burgers in Japan | Business Insider
- An African python dies prematurely after eating a 30-pound porcupine, but that's not what... | Business Insider
- How to use Apple's Spotify killer — now on everyone's iPhone | Business Insider