No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- THEORETICALLY, YOU SHOULD ALL BE DEAD BY TOMORROW | iBankCoin.com
- Global Growth Is Picking Up – So Are Geopolitical Tensions | Financial Sense
- The Adaptive Genius of Rigged Markets | Financial Sense
- Fighting the Good Fight at Last Stand Hill | iBankCoin.com
- Desperate Ukraine Pleads: "Red Line Has Already Been Crossed" | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Credit Bubble in History Runs Out Of Time | ZeroHedge
- Schadenfreude: Economists "Stunned" By Housing Fade | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Map Shows New York's Best Bars For Cocktail Snobs | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Joan Rivers Refuses To Apologize For Crass Joke About... | Business Insider
- Nearly Sixty Percent Of Facebook's Ad Revenue... | Business Insider
- Why You Aren't Saving As Much As You Think | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- How ‘Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom’ Created The PG-13... | Business Insider