No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Massive Explosion Reported Near Damascus International Airport Following Israeli Airstrikes | ZeroHedge
- This Is What Americans Spent The Most Money On In The First Quarter | ZeroHedge
- Active Management Now More Important than Ever | Financial Sense
- Canada's Housing Bubble Explodes As Its Biggest Mortgage Lender Crashes Most In History | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Pause Ahead Of GDP Report; Nasdaq Hits Fresh Record High | ZeroHedge
- "Amber Warning Sign" Issued For EURUSD Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Have Best Week Of The Year As Economy Grinds To A Halt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This iPhone 7 case has one of the coolest features I’ve ever seen | Business Insider
- Here's the story behind why a bunch of kids invaded DC | Business Insider
- Here's why nerve agents are some of the most deadly chemicals on Earth | Business Insider
- Russia may put troops in Belarus permanently to send a... | Business Insider
- Madonna is enraged over a biopic about her being made that she says... | Business Insider
- This walking boat ramp gets you to shore without getting... | Business Insider
- McCain: When North Korea can threaten the US with a... | Business Insider