No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Two Birds, One M4: As NYPD Gears Up for Summer Of Chaos, Mayor de Blasio Secures Re-Election | ZeroHedge
- The Day Data-Dependence Died: US Macro Has Longest-Winning Streak In History | ZeroHedge
- Gold Investment Slows, Soft Summer 'Risks $1300' But Bond Defaults 'Will Spike' as Japan, Eurozone Deny Fresh Stimulus | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank Profit Plunges 98% And The Worst Is Yet To Come | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Supporters Boo, Chant "No More Wars" As Leon Panetta Pitches Hillary's War Credentials | ZeroHedge
- Facebook Soars After Smashing Expectations: The Quarter In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Crude Carnage Continues: WTI Hits $42 Handle On Inventories, Dollar | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People are spending more money than expected on dating... | Business Insider
- The 'click fraud' legal battle between ad tech giant Criteo and... | Business Insider
- These iconic 'Star Wars' characters will definitely not... | Business Insider
- Bill Clinton used a clever combination to make the case for Hillary at the DNC | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- The prosecutor's decision to drop charges in the... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek