No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Strong Dollar Undermines Precious Metals | Financial Sense
- The "Calpers vs Hedge Funds" Debate In Just Two Charts | ZeroHedge
- Citi Warns Moody's May Put France On Downgrade Review This Friday | ZeroHedge
- The Ironies of Shipping U.S. Coal From B.C. | Financial Sense
- An Independent Scotland? | Financial Sense
- Dow Hits New Record Intraday-High Ahead Of Fed & Scottish Uncertainty | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Number of websites explodes past a billion (and counting) | Business Insider
- Why It's Time for Allergan Shareholders to Take Some Profits | TheStreet.com
- Thousands flood in ahead of Asian Games opening | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Traders Are Blaming Today's Tech Stock Sell-Off On Alibaba ... And It Isn... | Business Insider
- Here's The Wild New Plan To Connect New York's Boroughs With A $100 Million... | Business Insider
- The 100 Best Companies For Working Moms | Business Insider