No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Reckoning Looms - Central Bankers Really Don't Know What They're Doing | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 26, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Buybacks Tank - Will Stocks Follow? | Financial Sense
- Meditation May Be the Key to Becoming a Better Investor | ZeroHedge
- Is the UK Economy Doing Better Post-Brexit? | Financial Sense
- The Search for Yield and Emerging Markets | Financial Sense
- What the New SEC Money Market Fund Regulations Mean for the Financial System | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Jaguar cofounder's former home is on the market for $9.8 million | Business Insider
- 3 innovations that will transform things we do every day | Business Insider
- Virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa look poised to explode | Business Insider
- Granola bars aren't what you think they are, new lawsuits claim... | Business Insider
- 8 strategies that will make you more... | Business Insider
- Kenyan Olympic athletes were stuck in rundown... | Business Insider
- A startup founded by 2 college friends is turning mushrooms into... | Business Insider