No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pornvestments | ZeroHedge
- Silver Is Having Its Worst Day In 10 Weeks | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- China Troubles and the Incapable Nitwits of 2014 | Financial Sense
- Sync: The Unconscious Life of the Market | Financial Sense
- The World Is Upside Down: CIO Of Buffett's GenRe Issues Direst Warning Yet | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's Facebook's New Way Of Letting You Block Annoying Stuff That Appears In Your... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- The Pacific Northwest Is The Hottest Labor Market In The United States — Here Are... | Business Insider
- This Incredible Drone Footage Of The Riots In Bangkok Will Make You Forget All About... | Business Insider
- Florida Children Accidentally Shown Raunchy... | Business Insider
- Hezbollah Commander Assassinated In Beirut By Unknown Group... | Business Insider
- NTSB Says Brakes On NYC Train That Derailed Were... | Business Insider