No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: May 26 | ZeroHedge
- Switzerland To Open Bitcoin Bank As Crypto "Fort Knox" Relocates To Zurich | ZeroHedge
- Are Hedge Funds Worth More Than Kindergartens? | ZeroHedge
- Snapchat CEO Warns "Easy Money Policy" Has Created The Tech Bubble, "Matter Of Time Til It Bursts" | ZeroHedge
- What Exactly Is Going On At Lake Mead? | ZeroHedge
- Peak Inequality: $500 Million Asking Price For LA Mansion | ZeroHedge
- Many of You Are Gonna Need to Shut Up | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- For some inexplicable reason Twitter has reportedly held talks to acquire... | Business Insider
- Here's what you missed at the hottest summer kickoff parties in... | Business Insider
- Why a burger chain with only 68 restaurants is worth almost as much as Wendy's | Business Insider
- How Burger King turned business around to dominate fast food | Business Insider
- REPORT: Germany's two most important politicians are split... | Business Insider
- This is the Chinese version of Google Glass and it's only a fraction... | Business Insider
- Hamas executed Palestinians during Israel war: Amnesty | Business Insider