No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mass Exodus From High-Taxes - Which States Did Americans Leave In 2016? | ZeroHedge
- For The First Time Ever Russia Beats Saudi Arabia As China's Top Oil Supplier | ZeroHedge
- Asian Media Warns Of Conflict, Economic Turmoil Under "Trump World Order" | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: A December Bounce | Financial Sense
- Policy Makers - Like Generals - Are Busy Fighting The Last War | ZeroHedge
- The Oil Production Cuts Are Purely Symbolic Marketing Trickery (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Bitcoin and Gold – Outlook and Safe Haven? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Rolex is suddenly battling one of the biggest... | Business Insider
- M. Night Shyamalan has a stunning box-office comeback with 'Split... | Business Insider
- The head of the biggest exchange group in the world on Trump, China and handling $1... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin is shrugging off some big news of out of China | Business Insider
- These were the Swiss and Austrian fighter jets that provided air cover for Davos | Business Insider
- Animated map reveals the most dangerous countries in the world... | Business Insider
- 'Money stained with blood': Pope Francis lashes out... | Business Insider