No More $400 Burrito Stock (CMG)
When Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (CMG) shares topped $400 anyone holding should have sold then. Chipotle crashed today like a classic momentum stock and shareholders got a wet burrito slap to the face.
Chipotle shares fell $86 today closing at $316 for a 22% decline. The love affair between Wall Street and Chipotle Mexican Grill is over. Traders crushed the stock after the company missed the quarter and warned there will trouble ahead.
Chipotle Mexican Grill's Q2 revenue hit $691 million. That's an impressive number but the Street expected $706 million and down the ship goes. To make matters worse, a record drought is likely to raise food prices this year and next, says Jack Hartung, Chipotle’s CFO.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Burritos hit the fan today and Mastery expects CMG to continue to trade volatile for the next week.
Let the dust settle before you consider taking a bite of Chipotle.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Is Charlotte Our Future? | ZeroHedge
- Politics Has Nothing To Do With Politics | Altucher Confidential
- Deutsche Bank Fears Spark Buying Panic In Bunds (Despite Rising Germany Sovereign Risk) | ZeroHedge
- The QE Premium | ZeroHedge
- Gold Prices Rise Before Fed as Yen Defies Bank of Japan's Urgent New Inflation Plan | Financial Sense
- Oil Pops After Crude Inventories Unexpectedly Drop | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Matt Ryan had a funny moment when he had second thoughts about... | Business Insider
- Here's why one actor thinks HBO is secretly leaking 'Game of Thrones... | Business Insider
- Trump said he didn't call climate change a Chinese hoax —... | Business Insider
- 27 photos that give an inside look at one of the biggest criminal enterprises on the... | Business Insider
- The ultimate Nissan GT-R supercar is now $175,000 | Business Insider
- Google's new 'Station' program aims to... | Business Insider
- Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado: Donald Trump 'treated me... | Business Insider