Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- As Of This Moment Ben Bernanke Own 30.5% Of The US Treasury Market... And Will Own All By 2018 | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: One Experience That Really Shaped My Thinking | ZeroHedge
- HoW DoeS A PoTuS DiSTRaCT ATTeNTioN FRoM A BuCKeT oF SCaNDaLS? | ZeroHedge
- The Rout In Spain | ZeroHedge
- Executive Sweet? | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap May 24, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
- Did Corporate Buybacks Just Jump The Shark? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Photos Of The New Nokia Lumia 928 (NOK, MSFT) | Business Insider
- There's Been A Big Drop In People Who... | Business Insider
- O'... | Business Insider
- Android Rides Mobile To Extend Its Lead In Computing Platform Share | Business Insider
- UK Scrambles Fighter Jets After Pakistan Flight Diverted | Business Insider
- 25% Of People Say Birthday 'Success' Is Based On How Much... | Business Insider
- Toronto Mayor Denies Smoking Crack, Brother Calls Gawker... | Business Insider