Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump's "Aggressive" Tax Timeline Is "Unachievable": Beacon Advisors | ZeroHedge
- Former CIA Agent Explains Why He Resigned Because Of Trump | ZeroHedge
- Oil To $70? Or Down To $30? | ZeroHedge
- DHS Chief Vows "No Military Force" On Deportations After Trump Describes "Military Operation" | ZeroHedge
- Spot The (Presidential) Difference | ZeroHedge
- Retired Green Beret Exposes How Secretive Non-Profit Organizations Erode The United States | ZeroHedge
- 'Exceptional Stability' - Stock Market Volatilty Plunges To 21-Year Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The fight for the future of the Democratic Party is about to reach a critical point | Business Insider
- This $41K plane ticket comes with a... | Business Insider
- Natural gas prices will remain low for a while | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- 'The courage to say no': Mexicans balk at Trump... | Business Insider
- Small ways I've come to feel rich after 9 years of travel... | Business Insider
- A JPMorgan economist explains why small and midsized businesses are feeling... | Business Insider