Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Calls Fed's Bluff - Desperation Becomes Palpable | ZeroHedge
- While We Wait for Yet Another FOMC Statement... | Financial Sense
- How "Unequal" Is Your State? | ZeroHedge
- Another Step Down The Long, Slow Road To IRA Nationalization | ZeroHedge
- It’s Always Darkest Before the Dawn – Significant Market Bottom Likely in the Spring | Financial Sense
- The Swiss Franc Will Collapse | Financial Sense
- Will Greece & Falling Oil Issues Stay “Contained”? – Investors on High Alert | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Whitney Houston's daughter was found unresponsive in... | Business Insider
- Instagram is filled with people posing for pictures with Marissa Mayer | Business Insider
- London's hottest new finance startup is identical to an ingenious ancient... | Business Insider
- Kiev hopes for stalled truce talks despite separatist vow... | Business Insider
- 13 words that can hurt your credibility without you even realizing it | Business Insider
- Djokovic fights off Wawrinka to reach Australian Open... | Business Insider
- At least 12 killed in Pakistan Shiite mosque bombing | Business Insider