Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump Issues Statement On Brexit: "They Took Their Country Back, We Will Take America Back" | ZeroHedge
- What Happened With LTCM Is Now Happening Across The Political And Economic World | ZeroHedge
- Why America Is Likely to Remain a Global Superpower | Financial Sense
- Brexit Leaves Markets in Upheaval | Financial Sense
- W-I-L-D! | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Omitted One Key Email From The State Department Review | ZeroHedge
- A TeRRiBLe ACCiDeNT IN THe ALPS... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Blockchain payment company Circle is aggressively expanding... | Business Insider
- Leading Chinese mobile company Huawei is developing its... | Business Insider
- This is how much money you lose going to work each month | Business Insider
- Here's what the stars of 'Orange is the New Black... | Business Insider
- Why critics are calling 'Independence Day: Resurgence' an epic disaster | Business Insider
- How old 17 self-made billionaires were when they made their... | Business Insider
- Reddit wants to change the image hosting game | Business Insider