Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yelp Plunges 11%, Halted After CEO Gives Up Trying To Find Buyer | ZeroHedge
- The Coming Era Of Pension Poverty | ZeroHedge
- June Payrolls Increase By 223K, Less Than Expected; Unemployment Rate Drops To 5.3% | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Government "Losing Control": Stocks Are Collapsing, Hitting New Bear Market Lows | ZeroHedge
- Happy 4th of Joohl-Eye | iBankCoin.com
- Stocks Slump Into The Red After IMF Comments | ZeroHedge
- Jobs Jolt Sparks Bond Bid; Stocks Skid As "Day Of Greckoning" Looms | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US Navy Yard on lockdown amid reports of shooter | Business Insider
- Sponsors will quit FIFA without reform - ex official | Business Insider
- I got a rare reaction to a routine shot — but I... | Business Insider
- The real reason Americans are worried about GMOs is actually a way bigger problem | Business Insider
- Double, not Tour, the motivator for Contador | Business Insider
- The internet tried to give a homeless man $5,000 but he... | Business Insider
- Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak says Steve Jobs movie trailer is '... | Business Insider