Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did Hillary Expose Nuclear National Secret In Last Night's Debate? | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Foreign Policy 'Elites' Eagerly Await Expansion Of Overseas Wars Under Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- Air Force Chief Foresees Decades More US Wars | ZeroHedge
- Assange Lashes Out At America: "Rigged Primary, Rigged Media, Rigged Candidate" | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Central Bank Is in a Bind Over Bonds | Financial Sense
- "Something's Broken" - VIXnado Sparks Total Chaos In Stocks As Copper & Crude Crumble | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google and automakers are not on... | Business Insider
- Arby's is copying Chick-fil-A in one key area | Business Insider
- The best blenders out there right now | Business Insider
- Starbucks' new Willy Wonka-inspired store in Tokyo... | Business Insider
- 55 facts you might not know about Google | Business Insider
- How police reform is failing in San Francisco | Business Insider
- Facebook plans to show more potentially offensive and 'newsworthy... | Business Insider