Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China's "Animal Spirits" May Call For "Draconian" Measures To Curb Rally, UBS Says | ZeroHedge
- Electric Car Sales Plunge To 4 Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- "Let's Take Them On!": Libor E-mails Of Christian Bittar Revealed | ZeroHedge
- The Next Time Someone Says "Buy Stocks", Show Them This Chart | ZeroHedge
- Entire Treasury Department Competes For Same Goldman Sachs Job Opening | ZeroHedge
- One Last Look At The Real Economy Before It Implodes - Part 6: Solutions | ZeroHedge
- "F*ck This Court": Woman Who Took AK-47 To Jailbreak Pens Epic Rant Against Judge | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sony offered Daniel Craig $5 million... | Business Insider
- Switzerland, Scandinavia top global 'happy' index | Business Insider
- Russia just unveiled its top secret Armata battle tank | Business Insider
- Bitcoin regulation is coming to New York | Business Insider
- Senior aide to prominent Mississippi senator arrested over... | Business Insider
- Here's more proof that companies are jumping on Microsoft Office 365 like crazy... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com