Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Protecting Perks, Power, & Profits Has Perverted The Entire System | ZeroHedge
- A First-Hand Account Of The Greek Bank Run | ZeroHedge
- Making Sense of the Latest Unemployment Data | Financial Sense
- May Consumer Spending Has Biggest Annual Drop Since Great Financial Crisis, Gallup Survey Finds | ZeroHedge
- The Commerce Department Will Throw You In Jail For Not Filling Out This Survey | ZeroHedge
- Those Were the Days, My Friend | Financial Sense
- Greece Abandons "Red Lines" As Troika Meets In Berlin To Craft "Deal" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The incredible life of Caitlyn Jenner | Business Insider
- Israeli rabbi peddles 'kosher' pleasure with... | Business Insider
- Tsonga sets up Nishikori last eight clash | Business Insider
- This simple chart shows what version of Windows 10 you... | Business Insider
- Crunch time in US Senate as NSA spy programs set to lapse... | Business Insider
- FIFA acknowledges $10 million transfer | Business Insider
- The folks featured in Apple's latest ads explain how to shoot great iPhone videos (... | Business Insider