Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Peek Inside The Chaos Of A Jobless Claims Website | ZeroHedge
- I AM GOING TO DIAGNOSE YOU NOW | iBankCoin.com
- Petrodollar Mercantilism Explained In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Changing Trends: Stocks, Bonds, Gold, the U.S. Dollar, and Oil | Financial Sense
- My Philosophy for 2015 | iBankCoin.com
- Artist's Impression Of US-Iran Negotiations | ZeroHedge
- NASDAQ Closes Above 5000 | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- South Africa make 411-4 against Ireland | Business Insider
- Why Microsoft still believes in Windows Phone even though things have been... | Business Insider
- Morgan Stanley on Apple: This company will be competing in markets worth $3.4 trillion (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Car shows have pushed the 'Insane' button | Business Insider
- LIVE: Warren Buffett speaks on CNBC's 'Squawk Box' (BRKA, BRKB) | Business Insider
- Russia and Egypt just got even closer | Business Insider
- Russia, Ukraine agree gas delivery deal until end March:... | Business Insider