Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Mugabe Considers Revival Of "Hyperinflated" Zimbabwe Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Banks And 100,000 ‘Outlets’ Selling Gold!! | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Hegemony, Global Flashpoints, and Military Spending | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased in March | Financial Sense
- Is VIX (Even More) Broken? | ZeroHedge
- A Big Earnings Week Ahead | Financial Sense
- Positive Earnings Backdrop | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kidnapped Vice Journalist Has Been Released From Captivity By Pro-Russian Militia | Business Insider
- Amazon Has A New Service That Will Deliver 45 Pounds Of Groceries For A Flat Fee (AMZN) | Business Insider
- This Japanese Recipe For Cold Brew Coffee Will Save You Hours | Business Insider
- Columbia University Will No Longer Have A Daily Print Newspaper | Business Insider
- Here's The Funniest Exchange Between Facebook's Outgoing CFO And... | Business Insider
- Merck, P&G and Other Dividend Stocks You Wish You'd Bought in 2013 | TheStreet.com
- Here's What $1 Million Buys In Housing Markets Around The Globe | Business Insider