Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Stocks Rise After Government Injects $100bn Into Sovereign (Rescue) Fund; Sell-off 'Blame' Shifts To Hong Kong | ZeroHedge
- Affirmatively Destroying America's Neighborhoods In The War On Suburbia | ZeroHedge
- US Middle Class Stays Dead: Homeownership Drops To 48 Year Low; Median Asking Rent Soars To All Time High | ZeroHedge
- Blame The Fed For The Commodities Slump | ZeroHedge
- Existing-Home Sales Highest in Eight Years | Financial Sense
- Uber Thrives: Why? | Financial Sense
- Warren Buffett and Elon Musk to Spark a Lithium Boom | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China is stripping crosses from Christian churches | Business Insider
- Cardinals new coaching intern blazes trail for women | Business Insider
- Mexico fires national team coach Miguel Herrera after he allegedly punched a TV... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 7/28: (HON) (MRK) (MPW) | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (WPP, WPPGY, FB,... | Business Insider
- Beijing police busted a factory that produced 41,000... | Business Insider
- This generous CEO shared $27 million with his... | Business Insider