Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- My Research is Complete | iBankCoin.com
- Big Misses for Retail Sales, NY Manufacturing | Financial Sense
- End of U.S. Dollar Hegemony - Not | Financial Sense
- Q3: Not Amazing Nor Disappointing | Financial Sense
- Our New Robot Overlords & The Third Type Of Capital | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To Arcadia – The California Suburb Where Rich Chinese Stash Cash In McMansions | ZeroHedge
- Equity Futures Open Higher, Retrace 50% Of Losses On USDJPY Kneejerk | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Team Of Kids From Korea Just Won $1 Million For... | Business Insider
- Inside The $40 Billion Jet Buying Spree By India'... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's The First Ad To Hit Snapchat | Business Insider
- Al Sharpton Denounces Darren Wilson's 'Excuse' For... | Business Insider
- Here's Your Complete Preview Of This Week's Big Economic Events | Business Insider
- Canadian Pacific, eBay, Family Dollar Among Opportunities Created by Selloff | TheStreet.com