Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office, Access To 'Classified Information' | ZeroHedge
- A Look at the Yield Curve and Why the Fed Is Raising Rates | Financial Sense
- The True Legacy Of David Rockefeller | ZeroHedge
- The Ethanol Industry Braces for Impact | Financial Sense
- What’s Preventing the Dow From Exploding? | Financial Sense
- Kolanovic: "Today The Gamma Imbalance Shifted Toward Puts For The First Time In 5 Months" | ZeroHedge
- Breslow: "Memo To Traders: The Fed Is Making This Up As They Go Along" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- We tried this startup’s boots, and they’re just as good as pairs twice their price | Business Insider
- The US head at one of the top trading firms in the world explains... | Business Insider
- Cadillac tests consumers' openness to vehicles-as-a-... | Business Insider
- 11 sentences your boss doesn't want to hear | Business Insider
- Sales slump for a 7th straight quarter at General Mills | Business Insider
- A man accidentally texted a Pennsylvania prosecutor about a drug swap | Business Insider
- Save on a great way to refresh your wardrobe — and more of today's best sales from... | Business Insider