Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "People Who Live In Glass White Houses..." | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Sachs Is The Gift That Keeps On Giving... To The Clintons | ZeroHedge
- Massive Jump in New Home Sales, 17-Sigma Event | Financial Sense
- And Another Week Of Selling: "In 2016, Equity Funds Have Lost The Largest Ever Outflow For The Asset Class" | ZeroHedge
- Death By A Theta Cuts | ZeroHedge
- Eric Hadik: 'Seismic Shift' Coming for US Dollar, Gold Market | Financial Sense
- US Default Risk Hits 8-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The law firm behind the Panama Papers is closing its Jersey,... | Business Insider
- Aaron Rodgers says 'mic'd up' technology... | Business Insider
- Breathtaking poll numbers display the unprecedented nature of the 2016... | Business Insider
- Nasdaq dealt a huge blow to the cannabis industry (MSRT) | Business Insider
- BATS CEO: Too many companies are harming the stock market by refusing to do one thing... | Business Insider
- Protesters clash at a Trump rally in San Diego | Business Insider
- Vine is withering — and it might be a bad sign for Twitter | Business Insider