Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's Big Red Forex Button - MOST IMPORTANT FOREX FACT | ZeroHedge
- After Failed Halliburton Deal, Baker Hughes Unveils "Path For The Future" Including $2.5BN Stock, Bond Buyback | ZeroHedge
- "It Has Been A While Since We’ve Had A Profitable Quarter To Report" - Einhorn's First Quarter Letter | ZeroHedge
- Visa Unveils Plan To Burden Millennials With Billions In Debt | ZeroHedge
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
- "The Situation In Iraq Has Become Very Dangerous"- Iraq PM Orders Arrests As Green Zone Protest Disbands | ZeroHedge
- Debt: The Key Factor Connecting Energy & The Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Goldman Sachs is going down-market | Business Insider
- I ate a gourmet meal blindfolded — here's what I learned | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- An artist makes spectacular animations with nothing but a... | Business Insider
- MIT built a 6-foot-tall robotic astronaut to go on NASA space missions | Business Insider
- China's 'Donald Trump' has been put on... | Business Insider
- Victoria's Secret made an unprecedented decision — and it might be the... | Business Insider