Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Whole Foods Discovers Stock Buybacks, And It's Too Little Too Late: Stock Tumbles Again | ZeroHedge
- 3 Reasons Yellen's FOMC Remains Dovish | Financial Sense
- LOCO Sporting the Rare, “False, Pendejo Breakdown” Pattern | iBankCoin.com
- Another Cliffhanger | iBankCoin.com
- Consumer Confidence Surges; Highest Since the 2007 Market Peak | Financial Sense
- "End Torture," Ron Paul Demands "Shut Down The CIA!" | ZeroHedge
- Asset Forfeiture – How To Steal Americans' Hard Earned Cash With Zero Repercussions | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The NRA's Top Lawyer Was Once Convicted Of Murder | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 13 Weird Psychological Reasons Someone Might Fall In Love With You | Business Insider
- 150 Feared Trapped In Landslide In India Village | Business Insider
- The Man Who Knows Amazon's Brutal Tactics Better Than Anyone Has A New... | Business Insider
- LEAKED: Samsung's Metal Galaxy Phone Is Probably Coming Next Week | Business Insider
- 'Fast Money' Recap: Playing China Through U.S. Stocks | TheStreet.com