Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- First Sell-Side Responses To FOMC Trickle In: "This Should Be A Risk Off Trade" | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Mint Gold Coin Sales Near 60,000 - "Islamic State, Ebola, Putin, Ukraine" and Swiss Gold Initiative | ZeroHedge
- Japan Reacts to Worsening Fukushima Disaster By ... Reopening Nuclear Plant Next to Active Volcano Which Is About to Blow | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Curve Flattens Despite Yesterday's Record-Setting Steepener Trade | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Carry Trade: U.S. Banks Buying Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Life Lessons To Derive From QE And Stress Tests | ZeroHedge
- The Many Ways The State Taxes The Poor | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The Man Who Investigated The Secret Service Prostitution Scandal Was Allegedly Caught... | Business Insider
- Smartwatches Are The Breakout Category That Will Finally Ignite The Wearable... | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Advertising You Need To Know Today | Business Insider
- Funeral museum rises again in death-fixated Vienna | Business Insider
- Kim Jong-un Continues Post-Absence Media Tour With Fighter Jet... | Business Insider
- US Airstrikes Just Destroyed An ISIS 'Command Node' In Syria | Business Insider