Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Claims Malfunctioning Russian Cruise Missiles Hit Iran; Moscow, Tehran Both Deny | ZeroHedge
- Santelli & Hunt Warn About "Dire Consequences" Of Negative Rates | ZeroHedge
- The REAL Reason Saudi Arabia Hates Iran | ZeroHedge
- Summing Up Obama's Economy In 8 Words | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Is Now The Most Expensive Country In The World | ZeroHedge
- VIX Trips From 37 To 20 Have Been All-Or-Nothing For Stocks | ZeroHedge
- The Tragic Ending To Obama's Bay Of Pigs: CIA Hands Over Syria To Russia On A Silver Platter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Death row in Texas gets its first new inmate of the year | Business Insider
- UN high post, ensnared in alleged bribe case, ripe for... | Business Insider
- The 'smart' way Barcelona is cutting... | Business Insider
- Shia LaBeouf charged with public intoxication in Texas | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Here's who owns Antarctica | Business Insider
- American rally keeps their slim lead in Presidents Cup | Business Insider