Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Runaway Credit Card Debt Makes 2017 Look Like 2007 | Financial Sense
- White House Spokesman Slams Media Over "Crowd Size Comparisons" In Bizarre First Briefing | ZeroHedge
- Doug Casey Warns "Every American Needs To Be Concerned Right Now" | ZeroHedge
- Putin To Call Trump, May Schedule Meeting | ZeroHedge
- "Open Your Ears" - Populism Is A Feature (Not A Bug) Of Democratic Society | ZeroHedge
- Asian Media Warns Of Conflict, Economic Turmoil Under "Trump World Order" | ZeroHedge
- Trump May "Stop Enforcing Obamacare's Individual Mandate" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Women band together for what could be the largest political demonstration... | Business Insider
- Trump's infrastructure plan probably won't provide a big boost... | Business Insider
- A new documentary about the Gawker vs. Hulk Hogan trial will... | Business Insider
- Russia PM: Sanctions will remain in place 'for a long... | Business Insider
- These 9 animated maps will change how you see the world | Business Insider
- Turkey's economy is being held back by bad policies | Business Insider
- The author of 'The 4-Hour Workweek' credits a 4-word phrase with... | Business Insider