Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 'Unpatriotic' Ford Agrees Union Deal To Offshore American Jobs And Hire Low-Paid Workers | ZeroHedge
- Europe Prepares for the Next Assault in the War on Cash | ZeroHedge
- The Final Countdown | Financial Sense
- Black Friday Total Sales Crash 10% (Despite Rise In Online Spend) | ZeroHedge
- Recession Looms As Dallas Fed Manufacturing Contracts 11th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Swiss Bank Hits Customers With Negative Interest Rates; Crazy? What About Velocity? | Financial Sense
- 14,000 Refugees Due For Deportation From Sweden Have Vanished: "We Simply Do Not Know Where They Are" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stephen Curry stars as unbeaten Warriors march on | Business Insider
- Rivers' 4 TD passes help Chargers beat Jags 31-25,... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Burkina Faso celebrates newly elected president | Business Insider
- Latest: University of Chicago set to reopen after threat | Business Insider
- Storm lingering in southern Plains; more flooding possible... | Business Insider
- US-backed rebels, rival insurgents clash in Syria, 20... | Business Insider