Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Hype Surrounding Hyperloop | Financial Sense
- Politics Has Nothing To Do With Politics | Altucher Confidential
- Why The Deep State Is Dumping Hillary | ZeroHedge
- The Unseen Revolution in Chinese Finances | Financial Sense
- Turkey Lashes Out At Moody's After Downgrade To "Junk" Sends Turkish Assets Plunging | ZeroHedge
- 2029 Financial Collapse: Lionel Shriver’s Dystopian Outlook on the US | Financial Sense
- Bush vs Obama As Explained By Glenn Greenwald In One Tweet | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- For the first time in 17 years, Harley-Davidson has produced a new engine — here... | Business Insider
- A woman who has traveled every 6 weeks of her professional life explains how she's made it... | Business Insider
- The Fed is taxing your retirement plan without you knowing it... | Business Insider
- What the author of 'Eat Fat, Get Thin' eats — and avoids — every day | Business Insider
- The Los Angeles Police Department is actively investigating Derrick Rose over sexual-... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- This is the one quality every startup founder needs | Business Insider