Cyprus Drama: Now will Stocks Fall?
The news of Cyprus closing it's banks until Thursday has got us thinking the iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN (VXX) and ProShares Short S&P500 (SH) are the weapons of choice. Trading could get very rocky and it's reminiscent of the Bear Sterns and Lehman Brothers disaster. There's no panic yet but that's because we all don't think Cyprus has much clout to move the world markets.
Today the VXX is up 2.6% and the SH is up less than 1%. We know have to listen to the media debate about how important or unimportant the impact of the pending Cyprus Bailout will have on our stocks. Now could be a great time to review gold and silver stocks or just stay in cash.
Forget what we may think, check out Henry Blodget's take on the whole mess. If anything Blodget sums it all in a quick article that is worth your time today. If you only read one article today about the market, read this one.
Happy safe trading Masters.
Here are the charts for the VXX and SH:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: September 22 | ZeroHedge
- Step By Step Guide to Make $10 Million And Then Totally Blow It | Altucher Confidential
- Fed Comments Should Spur Positivity | Financial Sense
- Liquidations Continue: Stocks, Dollar Slide, Precious Metals Pounded In Asia Trading | ZeroHedge
- Futures Slide As Overnight Bad News Is Actually Bad News | ZeroHedge
- ALi BuBBLe... | ZeroHedge
- Morning Update | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple iPhone 6 Sales Top 10 Million: What Wall Street's Saying | TheStreet.com
- Ex-Cisco Engineer Admits To Murder In A Case Focused On A Damning... | Business Insider
- 10 Reasons Why 'Top Gear' Is The Greatest Show On TV | Business Insider
- US LAUNCHES AIRSTRIKES IN SYRIA | Business Insider
- Here's How The Obama Administration Is Acting Alone To Stop... | Business Insider
- McIlroy, Poulter top US targets at Ryder Cup | Business Insider
- The SEC Is Once Again Dominating College Football | Business Insider