Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 11 Key Variables for Successful Trade Analysis | FundMyMutualFund
- Initial Claims Worst In 9 Months; Holiday Volatility Blamed For Surge | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Remembers To Be Scared Again | iBankCoin.com
- Late Night Stock Market Setups for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: December 18 | ZeroHedge
- Ben Bernanke's Last Press Conference Ever - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 13 Creative Holiday Gifts For Beer Snobs | Business Insider
- MOBILE INSIGHTS: An Important Piece To... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Ben Bernanke Just Mowed Down A Whole Bunch Of Haters | Business Insider
- Why Frederick's Of Hollywood Can't Sell Sex Like Victoria's Secret... | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs Chief Economist Jan Hatzius Reveals His Favorite Chart Of The Year | Business Insider