Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How One Billionaire Became A Gold Bug | ZeroHedge
- Lack Of Demand Greets Sale Of 5 Year Treasuries In Another Tailing Auction | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
- Deutsche Bank Considering Alternatives To Paying Cash Bonus | ZeroHedge
- Richmond Fed Confirms Weakest Economic Trend Since 2008 | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production Rises Slightly | Financial Sense
- As Calais "Jungle" Burns, Refugees Try To Storm Their Way Back In | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China is still dragging Apple down (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Hacked emails show how Clinton campaign reacted as Biden mulled possible run | Business Insider
- Coca-Cola is finally ditching sugar around the world (KO) | Business Insider
- An MBA grad shares what top business schools look for in applicants | Business Insider
- PAL: There's 'something bad on the horizon,' and the average investor should get... | Business Insider
- 6 of the best carry-ons for business travelers | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider