Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Trump To Sign 'Energy Independence' Order Tomorrow Rolling Back Obama Climate Change Initiatives | ZeroHedge
- Theresa May Signs Brexit Letter: What Happens Once Article 50 Is Triggered? | ZeroHedge
- Schiff Calls On House Intel Chair To Recuse Himself From Russia Probe; Nunes Refuses | ZeroHedge
- David Einhorn's Presentation How GM Can Unlock Between $13 And $38 Billion In Value | ZeroHedge
- NYC Retail Vacancies Soar Prompting Massive Rent Concessions | ZeroHedge
- Congress Poised To Obliterate Broadband Privacy Rules | ZeroHedge
- Mexican Archdiocese Blasts "Immoral" Companies Building Border Wall As "Traitors To Homeland" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Melissa McCarthy remembers her awkward first time acting in a movie: 'I felt like a nobody... | Business Insider
- Spiders eat up to 800 million tons of prey each year, more than all humans weigh | Business Insider
- Top Democrat tears into House Intel chair Devin Nunes: '... | Business Insider
- Trump rails against Hillary Clinton in a late-night... | Business Insider
- STOCKS REBOUND: Here's what you need to know (SNAP, F) | Business Insider
- Salesforce's chief diplomat on what it's like being BFFs with Amazon's $12 billion... | Business Insider