Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Financial Bloggers Are Bullish. Does It Matter? | Financial Sense
- STiNKiN BuLLeTS... | ZeroHedge
- Push Back: Impacts of a Rising Dollar on Corporate Earnings | Financial Sense
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- Self-Aware? World's Largest Hedge Fund Shifts Strategy To Artificial Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: The Moment Boris Nemtsov Was Assassinated | ZeroHedge
- Obama Decrees Ban On Ammo For The Most Popular Rifle In America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- DARPA is working on tiny satellites that could... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- An insider's look at the tumultuous launch of Google Glass | Business Insider
- UN envoy in Syria to seek Aleppo truce | Business Insider
- Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead: official | Business Insider
- German finance chief softens tone, says Greece 'needs... | Business Insider
- This is NYC's coldest February in 81 years | Business Insider