Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P Set For New Record Highs As Futures, Dollar Rise; Oil Slides | ZeroHedge
- The First Victims Of The Libor Surge Have Emerged... In Japan | ZeroHedge
- Little Focus on Big Issues | Financial Sense
- The Current Gold and Silver Price Downtrend Will Prove to be Just a Temporary Lull in a Continuing Uptrend, Part 2. | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Will "Purge" All State Workers Who Sign Maduro Recall Petition | ZeroHedge
- Barack Obama May Have Finally Destroyed America's #1 Advantage | ZeroHedge
- How The Fed's Facebook PR Campaign Went Terribly Wrong | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHATBOTS EXPLAINED: Why... | Business Insider
- A man who has been stung more than 1,000 times reveals the one... | Business Insider
- How to ask out a stranger without seeming like a creep | Business Insider
- Customer service startup Centricient receives $6.5... | Business Insider
- The heartbreaking reasons why humans haven’t eradicated this incurable disease | Business Insider
- The biggest reason you gain weight as you age has nothing to do with your metabolism | Business Insider
- THE MOBILE APP-INSTALL AD REPORT: Spending forecasts, performance and price trends, and... | Business Insider