Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Yields Are Plunging - 30Y Treasury Under 3.00% | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Window For Hiking Rates Continues To Close | ZeroHedge
- ECB Board Member Says Introduction Of Another Greek Currency "Most Realistic Scenario" | ZeroHedge
- China Bans Use Of Terms “Equity Disaster” And “Rescue The Market" | ZeroHedge
- Greek PM Calls Emergency Meeting For Bank Liquidity: MNI | ZeroHedge
- "Unleash The Bullard" - S&P 500 Breaks Below Crucial Support | ZeroHedge
- Eurogroup In Shock: Finance Ministers "Would Not Know What To Discuss" After Greferendum Stunner | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Angel investing is so huge, there's a 4-hour crash course... | Business Insider
- Central Athens is having a once-in-a-lifetime party right now | Business Insider
- Santander is going to build its own fintech startups to protect it... | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' investor Robert Herjavec explains the 4 most... | Business Insider
- ISIS is 'acting like the permanent government' in the... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- 21 US destinations where it's legal to drink outside | Business Insider