Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Is China Hoarding Gold? Alan Greenspan Explains | ZeroHedge
- Argentina Pushes for Global Debt Restructuring Mechanism | Financial Sense
- PiRaTe WoMeN OF THe DNC... | ZeroHedge
- The Gap Down Will Be Glorious | iBankCoin.com
- Global PMI Summary: 60% Of Nations Weakening | ZeroHedge
- Gold, Global Growth, & The Schism In The High Church Of Bernanke | ZeroHedge
- LOOK AT ME: TODAY SUCKED | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ALBERT EDWARDS: This Is The Second Most Important Chart For Investors (... | Business Insider
- Cornell University Names Its First Female President | Business Insider
- PIMCO's Flagship Fund Sees Its 17th Straight Monthly Outflow, And It Was... | Business Insider
- This Map Shows Where There Are The Most Eligible... | Business Insider
- Nishikori powers to victory in opening Tokyo match | Business Insider
- Here's Where Job Growth Is Booming | Business Insider
- This Guy Has Visited 11,000 Starbucks — But Says He Doesn... | Business Insider