Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Edward Snowden: "They've Said They Won't Torture Me..." | ZeroHedge
- The Phrase That Launches Recessions | ZeroHedge
- Q3 Earnings Bloodbath Continues With Terrible Monsanto Results: Company Fires 2,600 As It Boosts Buyback | ZeroHedge
- "They're Converging To Dire Levels!": SocGen's Edwards Delivers Critical Warning On Inflation Expectations | ZeroHedge
- Asia FX Soars On China Reserves Relief As Ringgit Reversal Catches Traders Wrong-Footed | ZeroHedge
- The Liquidations Begin: Three Hedge Funds Shut Down After Summer Rout | ZeroHedge
- Earnings Still Matter | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Syrian general: Russian strikes helping ground offensive | Business Insider
- Battery fires: FAA to back ban on passenger plane... | Business Insider
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon, Connecticut... | Business Insider
- Ben Carson just had an epic 'The View' interview about Nazis, evolution, and... | Business Insider
- Witnesses: Saudi-led airstrikes kill 15 at wedding in... | Business Insider
- Texas inmate set for execution for killing man in $8... | Business Insider
- James Blake: Police watchdog substantiates force complaint... | Business Insider