Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Who Is Really Choosing America's Next President? | ZeroHedge
- Gold Flows East – China, India Import Massive Quantities of Gold from Switzerland | ZeroHedge
- Cybersecurity Companies in the "Military-Internet Complex" | Financial Sense
- Investors Are Giving Up On The "Low Oil Prices Are Unequivocally Good For America" Meme | ZeroHedge
- Is This A Blow-Off Top? Four Ways To Tell | ZeroHedge
- Equity Futures At Session Highs Following Chinese QE Hints; Europe Lags On Greek Jitters | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns Companies To Halt Buybacks At Record Valuations, Reminds What Happened In 2007 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Gen X and baby boomers present a huge opportunity for online... | Business Insider
- 11 best companies to work for | Business Insider
- NASA is about to solve a major mystery about dwarf planet Ceres | Business Insider
- The highest-earning women have these personality types | Business Insider
- Scared to stay inside, Nepal quake victims treated in... | Business Insider
- Expect the Fed to have a more 'somber' outlook on the economy this week | Business Insider
- Manny Pacquiao's trainer explains how Pacquiao can beat Floyd... | Business Insider