Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Technical Signs of a Top Forming | ZeroHedge
- Japanese Stocks Could See Repeat Of 2013 Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Q1 Earnings Season Is Going to Be Ugly | Financial Sense
- Futures Wipe Out Early Gains In Volatile Session As Dollar Resumes Climb; Oil Slides | ZeroHedge
- It's The End Of March And 99.85% Of California Is Abnormally Dry Already | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Collateral Shortage Crosses The Atlantic, Makes European Landfall | ZeroHedge
- Meet The "Surveillance State Repeal Act" – A Bipartisan Bill To Kill The Patriot Act | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- STOCKS GET CRUSHED: Here's what you need to know (DJI, SPX, IXIC, LL, KRFT, HNZ, USO, OIL,... | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel will appear on season two of HBO... | Business Insider
- HOWARD MARKS: Liquidity is not how easily you can sell something, but what price you... | Business Insider
- RBS hopes to rake in £2.5 billion selling off Citizens Financial | Business Insider
- Twitter just launched Periscope, its hot new streaming app (TWTR)... | Business Insider