Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Industrial Production | Financial Sense
- Fed Cat Bounce: Stocks Soar Most In 3 Years As Crude Crash Continues | ZeroHedge
- World Awaits Russian Response As Obama Makes "Lethal Aid" To Ukraine Legal | ZeroHedge
- What Hindenburg Omens and an Oil Crash Mean | Financial Sense
- Draghi Now Has All the Ammunition He Needs for QE - Implementation Still a Problem | Financial Sense
- Comstock Suspends Drilling In Eagle Ford Due To Plunging Oil Prices | ZeroHedge
- The Interview Is "Desperately Unfunny", "Will Flop" If Not Cancelled According To Leaked Sony Emails | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Janus Capital's CEO Thinks Bill Gross Is Peyton Manning (JNS) | Business Insider
- 11 Tiny Design Features That Show Apple's... | Business Insider
- LEAKED: Here's Your First Look At Sony's Colorful New Android Phone... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Warming leads to more run-ins with polar bears | Business Insider
- This Is The Jaguar That The Villain Will Drive In... | Business Insider
- Professional Gamers Banned For Cheating | Business Insider