Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dr. Gary Small on "The Alzheimer's Prevention Program" | Financial Sense
- Hugh Hendry Live 3: "To Bet Against China Is To Best Against Central Bank Omnipotence" | ZeroHedge
- 10 Things I Learned While Interviewing Tony Robbins About His New Book “Money” | Altucher Confidential
- The Astonishing Rise of Central Bank Fear | ZeroHedge
- Investor Sentiment in the Balance | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- The Unfolding Economic Crisis in Europe | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suicide blast at Afghan volleyball game kills around 50 | Business Insider
- '40 Detectives' Are Looking Into... | Business Insider
- Vargas retains WBA super lightweight crown in Macau | Business Insider
- Africa's Armies Are Going On A Spending Spree | Business Insider
- Albania opens Hoxha's top secret Cold War... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Trouble in Casinoland: Caesars, Revel, Trump Entertainment Resorts | TheStreet.com