Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why We Need To Lie To Ourselves About The State Of The Economy | ZeroHedge
- 6 Reasons the FOMC Is Unlikely to Move in September | Financial Sense
- "Rough Summer" For Small Caps Set To Continue | ZeroHedge
- Finding Pearls Of Wisdom In The Donald’s Trumperbolic Campaign | ZeroHedge
- Mass Protests Sweep Malaysian Capital As Anger At Goldman-Backed Slush Fund Boils Over | ZeroHedge
- America (In 1 License Plate) | ZeroHedge
- Financial Fridays: The WTF! On This Stock Market ‘Crash’ | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- South Sudan rebel chief orders ceasefire: spokesman | Business Insider
- Farah defends world double with 5000m gold | Business Insider
- Lottery winners don't get largesse, but get left out | Business Insider
- In Alaska, Obama to walk fine line on climate change,... | Business Insider
- Malaysians gather in capital to demand reform, PM's... | Business Insider
- How to become a mind reader to get ahead in your career | Business Insider