Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Wall Street Cyber Secure? | Financial Sense
- Gold More Productive Than Cash?! | ZeroHedge
- Paul Craig Roberts: World War III Has Begun | ZeroHedge
- From Dollar Daze to Dollar Days | Financial Sense
- US Economy Grew At Just 0.5% In Q1, Missing Expectations, Lowest Growth Rate In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Fed-nado Trumps AAPLocalypse: Panic-Buying Spree Pushes S&P Back Over 2,100 (And Fails) | ZeroHedge
- The Future Of America? – More Than Half Of All Adults Under-30 Now Reject Capitalism | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This controversial former CEO is $58 million richer thanks to Oracle (ORCL... | Business Insider
- Heineken's Global Brew Master reveals a seismic change in the beer industry... | Business Insider
- In one of the world's most violent countries, the police are adding to the... | Business Insider
- Ted Cruz just ruined one of the best sports movies ever... | Business Insider
- Chyna's manager says the wrestler died from an accidental drug overdose | Business Insider
- Wall Street dropped a bomb on Valeant right before the company's... | Business Insider
- Yale will keep the name of a fervent advocate of slavery on one of its... | Business Insider