Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Quiet Economic Calendar Means All Attention Focused On Ukraine And Gaza | ZeroHedge
- Lights Out At Barclays' Dark Pool: Volume Plummets By 79% From Highs | ZeroHedge
- Phantom Liquidity and Perfect Pilfering | Financial Sense
- Malaysia PM Announces MH17 Black Boxes Will Be Handed Over Shortly | ZeroHedge
- Russian Sanctions Leading To Economic Contraction... In Germany? | ZeroHedge
- Flattening Out | iBankCoin.com
- Five Stocks Quacking Loudly Today | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Real Madrid Buys World Cup Star James Rodríguez, Has Now Spent $398 Million On Attacking... | Business Insider
- Netflix Reports A Perfectly In-Line Quarter, And Stock Does Nothing In Reaction (NFLX) | Business Insider
- France To Deliver First Warship To... | Business Insider
- Scammers Are Creating Fake Facebook Accounts Using The Names Of MH17 Victims | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- After-... | StreetInsider.com
- The Biggest Tourist Scams Travelers Need To Watch Out For | Business Insider