Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- North Korea's Regime In Jeopardy After China Bans All Coal Imports | ZeroHedge
- The Reflationary Window: Open How Wide For How Long? | Financial Sense
- There's Not Nearly Enough Growth To Keep Growing | ZeroHedge
- Jay Sekulow: Obama Should Be "Held Accountable" For The "Soft Coup" Against Trump | ZeroHedge
- A Chink of Light into London’s Gold Vaults | ZeroHedge
- "We Respond To Respect": Iran To Conduct New Military Drill In Which "Rockets Will Be Used" | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett's $10 billion airline investment reveals... | Business Insider
- How the ‘French Bill Gates’ Alexandre Mars... | Business Insider
- A successful entrepreneur opened a new meditation studio in NYC to cash... | Business Insider
- A major mystery of the new 'Star Wars' movie 'The Last Jedi... | Business Insider
- There’s a hidden menu in Android that lets you unlock experimental features —... | Business Insider
- A Colorado town is getting a marijuana shop with a drive-up... | Business Insider
- The 50 most expensive colleges in America | Business Insider