Dendreon shares Left for Dead?
There are the crazy price targets such as $18 by Maxim Group set in September and more reasonable $7 from Baird back in August. Going with BofA would represent a 44% increase to get back to $6 from today's price. Take a look at the crack price tp of $18, a 300%+ increase in the next 12 months...really?
|Ticker||Current Price||Target Price||% Increase|
Dendreon reports Q3 earnings at the end of the month on October 30th. Expect the stock to tread water until we hear something at that time. What could work for playing the conference call is a covered call on DNDN to protect your neck.
MASTERY Bottom line:
Provenge has a bunch of competition and when it costs $100K per patient, its not going to everyone who could really benefit from it.
Medivation (MDVN) and Astellas Pharma (ALPMY.PK) are getting ready to take on Provenge with their prostate cancer fighting drug Xtandi. There is room in the prostate cancer arena, these drugs are used at different stages of treating prostate cancer. Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) Zytiga is also competing in this space as is Jevtana from Sanofi. The prostate cancer treatment field is getting crowded, its why DNDN has tanked to $4.
However Dendreon isn't dead yet. The stock can go lower but at $4 its worth a few bucks to go long.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- MeMoRiaL DaY 2015: THe LaND OF THE FRee | ZeroHedge
- The Fed's Perilous "Fake It Till You Make It" Strategy May Be Coming Home To Roost | ZeroHedge
- Israel Refuses To Pay Old Oil Debt To Iran | ZeroHedge
- This Innovation Will Help U.S. Companies Win the Oil Price War | Financial Sense
- The "New Era" Is An Old Story | ZeroHedge
- A Net Assessment of the World | Financial Sense
- Goldman Sachs Predicting $45 Oil by October | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Cook relaxed over England cricket coach 'limbo' | Business Insider
- Greece to keep repaying creditors as long as it can:... | Business Insider
- An artist is selling other people's... | Business Insider
- The incredible story of how David Letterman saved Conan O... | Business Insider
- The 7 heavy-hitters defending the web from cyberattacks | Business Insider
- Science proves that the trendy 'dad bod' that girls are going crazy over is for real | Business Insider
- Malaysia PM 'deeply concerned' by mass graves | Business Insider