Dumpster Diving for Stocks (RIMM, AMD, NOK)
Trading terrible and lying in the dumpster today are shares of Research in Motion (RIMM), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and of course Nokia (NOK). Let's get dirty with these down on their luck companies.
RIM (RIMM) can't convince anyone their company is worth anything. The Blackberry maker is trading just 2% away from its 52-week low at $7.29 a share. Everyone has passed on buying this company and many are wondering how much longer they will stay in business. Besides corporate America do you know anyone who still wants to use any product created by RIM? Turns out Research in Motion customers are forming contingency plans in the event the RIM's network is disrupted by a breakup of the company or some other business event.
AMD (AMD) is hurting today down 10% and trading under $5 a share. Yesterday AMD warned it was going to deliver a weak Q2 with revenue down 11% when compared to last year's results. The company's guidance will not be much better and they are blaming weak sales in China and Europe. Wah! Since July 3rd AMD shares are down 16% and 37% since March.
Nokia (NOK) once again blessing its shareholders with a new 12 month low today and its fitting to stay above $1.80 a share. Nothing new to report here and if you still care check out Nokia under $2 a Share.
Bottom line: NOK, AMD, and RIMM are nothing but trash at the moment. They could bounce back but its comes with a large amount of risk. Mastery likes in order of a potential rebound: NOK, AMD, RIMM.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- OMAB 4Q Results Were Strong | iBankCoin.com
- Shorts Burned Following Strong 5 Year Treasury Auction | ZeroHedge
- Oil Price Collapse: Supply or Demand? | Financial Sense
- WTI Follows Algo-Idiot-Inventory Template: Slides Back Below $50 | ZeroHedge
- Architecture Billings Index Flashes Warning | Financial Sense
- Never Sell Short Hamburgers | iBankCoin.com
- Schauble: "Germans Doubt Greek Promises", No More Money For Athens Until All Commitments Met | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wall Street comes together for bragging rights (and charity) at this yearly event | Business Insider
- Bank of America is predicting a massive Tesla collapse (TSLA) | Business Insider
- Qatar loses key pre-World Cup tournament because of oppressive summer heat | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- The Iranian graduate student who sparked a now-reversed UMass admissions... | Business Insider
- The two big lessons Ginni Rometty learned from IBM's recent struggles (IBM) | Business Insider
- Suicide attack on Turkish diplomatic vehicle kills... | Business Insider