Dumpster Diving for Stocks (RIMM, AMD, NOK)
Trading terrible and lying in the dumpster today are shares of Research in Motion (RIMM), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and of course Nokia (NOK). Let's get dirty with these down on their luck companies.
RIM (RIMM) can't convince anyone their company is worth anything. The Blackberry maker is trading just 2% away from its 52-week low at $7.29 a share. Everyone has passed on buying this company and many are wondering how much longer they will stay in business. Besides corporate America do you know anyone who still wants to use any product created by RIM? Turns out Research in Motion customers are forming contingency plans in the event the RIM's network is disrupted by a breakup of the company or some other business event.
AMD (AMD) is hurting today down 10% and trading under $5 a share. Yesterday AMD warned it was going to deliver a weak Q2 with revenue down 11% when compared to last year's results. The company's guidance will not be much better and they are blaming weak sales in China and Europe. Wah! Since July 3rd AMD shares are down 16% and 37% since March.
Nokia (NOK) once again blessing its shareholders with a new 12 month low today and its fitting to stay above $1.80 a share. Nothing new to report here and if you still care check out Nokia under $2 a Share.
Bottom line: NOK, AMD, and RIMM are nothing but trash at the moment. They could bounce back but its comes with a large amount of risk. Mastery likes in order of a potential rebound: NOK, AMD, RIMM.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Time To Pull Out The Nasdaq/China Comparison Chart | ZeroHedge
- Was Monday's ETF Collapse Just A Warmup? | ZeroHedge
- It’s All Yours | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: August 27 | ZeroHedge
- Global Grain Stocks At 30 Year Highs Mean Food Deflation Is Next | ZeroHedge
- Plotting the Fed’s Baby Step 1/8 Point Hikes; Yellen vs. Greenspan “Measured Pace” | Financial Sense
- VIX ETF Surges After Serious Short Squeeze For 5th Day In A Row | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Grand Slam drought haunts American men as US Open looms | Business Insider
- Officials: 3 killed in street fighting in southeast Turkey... | Business Insider
- Here are the cold hard facts behind the fabulous Facebook hoax of a giant... | Business Insider
- 19 of Apple's most playful event invitations over the years | Business Insider
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- South Sudan leader signs peace deal amid sanctions threat... | Business Insider
- 2 Kenyan runners test positive for doping at worlds | Business Insider