Dumpster Diving for Stocks (RIMM, AMD, NOK)
Trading terrible and lying in the dumpster today are shares of Research in Motion (RIMM), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and of course Nokia (NOK). Let's get dirty with these down on their luck companies.
RIM (RIMM) can't convince anyone their company is worth anything. The Blackberry maker is trading just 2% away from its 52-week low at $7.29 a share. Everyone has passed on buying this company and many are wondering how much longer they will stay in business. Besides corporate America do you know anyone who still wants to use any product created by RIM? Turns out Research in Motion customers are forming contingency plans in the event the RIM's network is disrupted by a breakup of the company or some other business event.
AMD (AMD) is hurting today down 10% and trading under $5 a share. Yesterday AMD warned it was going to deliver a weak Q2 with revenue down 11% when compared to last year's results. The company's guidance will not be much better and they are blaming weak sales in China and Europe. Wah! Since July 3rd AMD shares are down 16% and 37% since March.
Nokia (NOK) once again blessing its shareholders with a new 12 month low today and its fitting to stay above $1.80 a share. Nothing new to report here and if you still care check out Nokia under $2 a Share.
Bottom line: NOK, AMD, and RIMM are nothing but trash at the moment. They could bounce back but its comes with a large amount of risk. Mastery likes in order of a potential rebound: NOK, AMD, RIMM.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Eight "New Normal" Charts That Are Insanely Abnormal (And Dangerous) | ZeroHedge
- China Warns 'Will Respond To Trump Presidency' | ZeroHedge
- Uncertain Global Growth and Policy Environment | Financial Sense
- As The Sohn Conference Begins, This Is How Last Year's Hedge Fund Picks Did | ZeroHedge
- The Manufacturing Recession That Won't Go Away: Factory Orders Rebound From 5 Year Lows, Decline For 17 Months | ZeroHedge
- Monetary Policy Endgames: Musings, Misgivings, and Markets | Financial Sense
- Three In A Row... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Shopify customers can now receive same-day delivery (SHOP, UPS, FDX... | Business Insider
- An interrogator explains how to catch someone in a lie | Business Insider
- Here's when it's OK to give up on your job and quit | Business Insider
- Scientists just discovered something surprising in the... | Business Insider
- There is one legacy of Sanders' 'political... | Business Insider
- 'Game of Thrones' just released 7 photos from the next episode that... | Business Insider
- Tesla just said it will meet one of its most ambitious goals 2 years... | Business Insider