Dumpster Diving for Stocks (RIMM, AMD, NOK)
Trading terrible and lying in the dumpster today are shares of Research in Motion (RIMM), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) and of course Nokia (NOK). Let's get dirty with these down on their luck companies.
RIM (RIMM) can't convince anyone their company is worth anything. The Blackberry maker is trading just 2% away from its 52-week low at $7.29 a share. Everyone has passed on buying this company and many are wondering how much longer they will stay in business. Besides corporate America do you know anyone who still wants to use any product created by RIM? Turns out Research in Motion customers are forming contingency plans in the event the RIM's network is disrupted by a breakup of the company or some other business event.
AMD (AMD) is hurting today down 10% and trading under $5 a share. Yesterday AMD warned it was going to deliver a weak Q2 with revenue down 11% when compared to last year's results. The company's guidance will not be much better and they are blaming weak sales in China and Europe. Wah! Since July 3rd AMD shares are down 16% and 37% since March.
Nokia (NOK) once again blessing its shareholders with a new 12 month low today and its fitting to stay above $1.80 a share. Nothing new to report here and if you still care check out Nokia under $2 a Share.
Bottom line: NOK, AMD, and RIMM are nothing but trash at the moment. They could bounce back but its comes with a large amount of risk. Mastery likes in order of a potential rebound: NOK, AMD, RIMM.
3 DUMPSTER DIVE STOCKS
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Loan Creation Tumbles, Lowest Credit Growth In 20 Months | ZeroHedge
- Caution Ahead: A Look at the Performance of the U.S. Transportation System | iBankCoin.com
- Sweet Sixteen | iBankCoin.com
- Higher Inflation Expectations May Start With Breakfast | Financial Sense
- 20 Stunning Facts On The US Retail Apocalypse | ZeroHedge
- The Stock Market’s New Normal: A Wall of Worry | Financial Sense
- Runner Screen | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Is An Actual Billboard In Crimea | Business Insider
- REVEALED: How Bill Ackman Has Been Lobbying To Bring Down A Company That He's Bet $1... | Business Insider
- How Friends Can Let You Access Your Facebook Account If You Get Locked Out | Business Insider
- Neil Young's PonoPlayer Will Launch For $400 So That We Can Hear Music The Way... | Business Insider
- Greenpeace Has Declared War On Procter & Gamble And Its Ad Agencies (PG) | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: Our Clients Are Starting To Wonder When The Party Is Going To End | Business Insider
- Software Developers Are Terrified Of What Happens When They Hit 30 | Business Insider