Top 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013
They are Exelon (EXC), Safeway (SWY), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP).
Some are saying that Obama's "Taxmageddon" is going to be a game-over scenario for dividend stocks.
However, we don't think so. Here's why.
Institutional buyers of dividend stocks are taxed at their own rate so they did not benefit from the 2003 cut in dividend taxes anyway - which means they won't suffer from a new increase.
And even among retail investors, many have their investments in 401(k)s or IRAs. These holders will continue to receive dividends that won't be immediately taxed.
The talk is that if we fall off the fiscal cliff, taxes on dividends will revert to the full income tax rate of each individual taxpayer.
For the top retail taxpayers that are not investing using a tax-deferred account, that means the top rate on dividends will rise from 15% to 43.4% if dividends become fully taxable again.
And lastly, Bernanke is saying short term interest loans are going to stay low until 2015. Dividend yields should still offer an attractive yield compared to bonds.
Enough said, now let's get to the stocks:
Exelon (EXC) - 7% yield
Shares of the $25B Utility giant are down 28% YTD, yet it has not cut its dividend. On November 1st, EXC announced earnings that beat on EPS and they upped Guidance.
Over the past 12 months Exelon Corp (EXC) shares have traded between $28.4 and its 52-week high of $44.45. Exelon Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 15.9 and EPS of 1.87.
Safeway (SWY) Dividend Yield - 4.15%
Over the past 12 months Safeway Inc (SWY) shares have traded between $14.73 and its 52-week high of $23.16. Safeway Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.8 and EPS of 2.07.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) Dividend Yield - 8.27%
Over the past 12 months Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP) shares have traded between $40.19 and its 52-week high of $51. Energy Transfer Partners LP shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.4 and EPS of 4.53.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Satellite Imagery Reveals China's Strategic Petroleum Reserve Is Vastly Greater Than Disclosed | ZeroHedge
- Yellen Says Fed Buying Stocks Is "A Good Thing To Think About" And Could Help In A Downturn | ZeroHedge
- Robots Will Soon Take Over Building London Skyscrapers Says CEO of Large UK Construction Firm | Financial Sense
- Clinton Campaign Mocks Trump Porn Cameo After His Sex Tape Tweet | ZeroHedge
- The Day Donald Trump Flunked Econ 101 | ZeroHedge
- Cash Funding Shortage Soars To Highest Since Financial Crisis In Repo | ZeroHedge
- New Gallup Poll Shows 57% Of Americans Want A Major 3rd Party | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here are the things we can't get enough of this week | Business Insider
- 24 mouthwatering photos of Google’s legendary free food | Business Insider
- Daniel Radcliffe says he wanted to play Spider-Man in the upcoming Marvel... | Business Insider
- These are the 10 most dangerous celebrity names to search for on... | Business Insider
- 5 things I gave up to save money that I don't miss at all... | Business Insider
- The $6 trillion opportunity in the IoT | Business Insider
- Google is developing an algorithm to replace one of the... | Business Insider