Top 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013
They are Exelon (EXC), Safeway (SWY), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP).
Some are saying that Obama's "Taxmageddon" is going to be a game-over scenario for dividend stocks.
However, we don't think so. Here's why.
Institutional buyers of dividend stocks are taxed at their own rate so they did not benefit from the 2003 cut in dividend taxes anyway - which means they won't suffer from a new increase.
And even among retail investors, many have their investments in 401(k)s or IRAs. These holders will continue to receive dividends that won't be immediately taxed.
The talk is that if we fall off the fiscal cliff, taxes on dividends will revert to the full income tax rate of each individual taxpayer.
For the top retail taxpayers that are not investing using a tax-deferred account, that means the top rate on dividends will rise from 15% to 43.4% if dividends become fully taxable again.
And lastly, Bernanke is saying short term interest loans are going to stay low until 2015. Dividend yields should still offer an attractive yield compared to bonds.
Enough said, now let's get to the stocks:
Exelon (EXC) - 7% yield
Shares of the $25B Utility giant are down 28% YTD, yet it has not cut its dividend. On November 1st, EXC announced earnings that beat on EPS and they upped Guidance.
Over the past 12 months Exelon Corp (EXC) shares have traded between $28.4 and its 52-week high of $44.45. Exelon Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 15.9 and EPS of 1.87.
Safeway (SWY) Dividend Yield - 4.15%
Over the past 12 months Safeway Inc (SWY) shares have traded between $14.73 and its 52-week high of $23.16. Safeway Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.8 and EPS of 2.07.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) Dividend Yield - 8.27%
Over the past 12 months Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP) shares have traded between $40.19 and its 52-week high of $51. Energy Transfer Partners LP shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.4 and EPS of 4.53.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- GM Appoints First Female CEO As Mary Barra Replaces Dan Akerson | ZeroHedge
- The Kress Cycle and the Fate of the Middle Class | Financial Sense
- Q3:2013 Flow-of-Funds Report – ‘Tis the Season to Be Jolly | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: Why Our Consumer-Debt Dependent Economy Is Doomed | ZeroHedge
- Market’s Bill of Health – Momentum Continues to Weaken | Financial Sense
- Nothing Worse Than Faded Glory | iBankCoin.com
- ECB Admits Sovereign Bonds Are Not Riskless | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CHART: Record-Setting Weekend Has The NFL On Pace To Score The Most... | Business Insider
- Obama Adds Former Clinton Aide To Shake Up... | Business Insider
- Facebook Stock Added To Dow Jones S&P 500 Index | Business Insider
- The Dewar's Whisky Campaign Just Went From Bad To Worse | Business Insider
- 23 TV Show Spin-Offs That Totally Bombed | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- What Are You Most Worried About? | Business Insider