Top 3 Dividend Stocks for 2013
They are Exelon (EXC), Safeway (SWY), and Energy Transfer Partners (ETP).
Some are saying that Obama's "Taxmageddon" is going to be a game-over scenario for dividend stocks.
However, we don't think so. Here's why.
Institutional buyers of dividend stocks are taxed at their own rate so they did not benefit from the 2003 cut in dividend taxes anyway - which means they won't suffer from a new increase.
And even among retail investors, many have their investments in 401(k)s or IRAs. These holders will continue to receive dividends that won't be immediately taxed.
The talk is that if we fall off the fiscal cliff, taxes on dividends will revert to the full income tax rate of each individual taxpayer.
For the top retail taxpayers that are not investing using a tax-deferred account, that means the top rate on dividends will rise from 15% to 43.4% if dividends become fully taxable again.
And lastly, Bernanke is saying short term interest loans are going to stay low until 2015. Dividend yields should still offer an attractive yield compared to bonds.
Enough said, now let's get to the stocks:
Exelon (EXC) - 7% yield
Shares of the $25B Utility giant are down 28% YTD, yet it has not cut its dividend. On November 1st, EXC announced earnings that beat on EPS and they upped Guidance.
Over the past 12 months Exelon Corp (EXC) shares have traded between $28.4 and its 52-week high of $44.45. Exelon Corp shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 15.9 and EPS of 1.87.
Safeway (SWY) Dividend Yield - 4.15%
Over the past 12 months Safeway Inc (SWY) shares have traded between $14.73 and its 52-week high of $23.16. Safeway Inc shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.8 and EPS of 2.07.
Energy Transfer Partners (ETP) Dividend Yield - 8.27%
Over the past 12 months Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP) shares have traded between $40.19 and its 52-week high of $51. Energy Transfer Partners LP shares are now trading with a P/E Ratio of 8.4 and EPS of 4.53.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ISIS Victim's Family Sues Twitter, Facebook For Profiting From Terrorism | ZeroHedge
- FaKe NeWS MaDNeSS... | ZeroHedge
- Unlike the Twits Who Promoted the Smear Against Alternative Media, We Actually BELIEVE IN American Values | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Weeks: Italy Aftermath, ECB, ISM, Consumer Confidence | ZeroHedge
- Communism Again Gets A Free Pass - Setting The Record Straight On Castro | ZeroHedge
- These Countries Have Nearly "Eliminated Cash From Circulation" | ZeroHedge
- A Look At This Week's "Other" Big Event: What To Expect From Mario Draghi On Thursday | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A hot investing startup wrote an open letter to... | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- AOL CEO Tim Armstrong 'cautiously optimistic' the Verizon/Yahoo deal... | Business Insider
- Walmart's new gas-and-grocery hybrids could become a major threat to Amazon and... | Business Insider
- Patriots breakout rookie joined a women's book club... | Business Insider
- Putin says he is confident that Trump will make responsible... | Business Insider
- The US can't cut healthcare spending | Business Insider