Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Public Pension Time Bomb Is Starting to Explode | Financial Sense
- Tesla Now Fully Able to Self-Drive Safer Than Humans | Financial Sense
- 'Rigged' Debates? Questions Arise Again Over Lighted Screen At Hillary's Podium | ZeroHedge
- Universities Ban Politically-Incorrect Halloween Costumes | ZeroHedge
- Driverless Vehicles Coming Faster than You Think | Financial Sense
- Tax Foundation Analyzes Tax Plans: 10-Year GDP (Trump +6.9%, Hillary -2.6%), Wage Growth (Trump +5.4%, Hillary -2.1%) | Financial Sense
- Which Would Be The Better Economist Cover? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Check out all the things I put in the bed of a Ford Super Duty pickup — the largest vehicle we've ever tested (F... | Business Insider
- THE REGTECH REPORT: Global regulatory... | Business Insider
- The one shoe every guy needs to add to his closet this fall | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Donald Trump is accelerating a process in the GOP that began a half-century... | Business Insider
- A top Silicon Valley 'budtender' says these bite-... | Business Insider
- Here’s how long the average man lasts in bed | Business Insider