Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A-D Line Divergence Again | Financial Sense
- Janet Yellen Confronts Bernanke About Emerging from His Shadow | iBankCoin.com
- THERE IS A FEAST TO BE HAD | iBankCoin.com
- What San Francisco Housing Reveals About The Fourth Global Liquidity Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Q2 GDP Surges 4%, Beats Estimates Driven By Inventories, Fixed Investment Spike; Historical Data Revised | ZeroHedge
- Jim Grant: "Gold Is The Ultimate Inoculation Against Harebrained Central Bankers" | ZeroHedge
- The Panic Containment Team Speaks: Ebola Poses "Little Risk" To The US, CDC Claims: Is It Wrong? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why It Matters That Airbus Said 'No' To A $1.7-Billion A380 Order In Japan... | Business Insider
- 3 Reasons Why Zhou Yongkang's Arrest Is Good For China | Business Insider
- The 10 Most Important Things In The World Right Now | Business Insider
- The 'Highway Cliff' Is Back, And It's Rearing Its Ugly Head Just... | Business Insider
- 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Your iPad (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Harry Reid And Mitch McConnell Finally Found Something They... | Business Insider
- Business Insider Is Hiring Journalists In London — Do You Have What It... | Business Insider