Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russell Napier: What Happens When Markets Realize China Is A Forced Seller Of Treasuries | ZeroHedge
- US Housing Market Heating Up | Financial Sense
- Dow Spikes 170 Points "Off The Lows" | ZeroHedge
- Compromised Hedge Funder Joins BOE In Revolving Door Roundtrip | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Melt-Up On Oil Bounce As JPY Carry Breaks | ZeroHedge
- What Loss Of Control Looks Like: Chinese Regulator Urges Traders To Rat Out "Malicious Sellers" | ZeroHedge
- Greece's Biggest Mistake Explained (In 1 Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Congress is careening toward another cliff — and there's no clear solution in sight | Business Insider
- Everything's starting to crash | Business Insider
- One of digital currency's most innovative technologies... | Business Insider
- A man who was convicted... | Business Insider
- The music you like says a lot about how your brain processes information | Business Insider
- This is the FBI’s dream team of elite counterterrorism... | Business Insider
- Check out 'Trump Force One' — Donald Trump's personal Boeing airliner... | Business Insider