Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stocks Roll-Over As USDJPY Tumbles To Post-Healthcare-Fail Lows | ZeroHedge
- St. Louis Just Hiked Minimum Wage By 43%; Guess What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- The Future According to Kevin Kelly | Financial Sense
- Second Foundation: Empire Crumbling | ZeroHedge
- Trump Signs Executive Order Rolling Back Obama's Climate Policies: Who Benefits The Most? | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: March 28 | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Gold Miner Claims Discovery Of Largest Ever Gold Mine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I save half my income, and it's not because I'm frugal | Business Insider
- Trump is reportedly asking for $1 billion to fund the first 62 miles of a US-... | Business Insider
- 'Australia may have to choose... | Business Insider
- GameStop exec says the Nintendo Switch will have supply issues until 2018... | Business Insider
- Here are all 44 movie sequels and reboots coming out in 2017 | Business Insider
- Robert Kraft says Tom Brady told him he is 'willing' to play... | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' star Barbara Corcoran... | Business Insider