Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Kind of Power Will China Become? | Financial Sense
- The Bond Market Is Waiting For A Further Correction In Equity Prices | ZeroHedge
- "Recovery" Fable Unravels As BOE Cuts Growth Forecast, Eurozone Slashes Inflation Outlook | ZeroHedge
- The Chart Of Doom: When Private Credit Stops Expanding... | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt Renews Its Decline | Financial Sense
- The Opaque Process Of Collapse | ZeroHedge
- Will Non-OPEC Oil Production Collapse In 2016? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 17 things you can stop wasting your money on | Business Insider
- This photo of gas streaming from a black hole is the 'highest-... | Business Insider
- THE WIRELESS CARRIERS REPORT:... | Business Insider
- Congress just painted a seriously confusing picture about prescription... | Business Insider
- Job cuts surged 218% in January | Business Insider
- You can live in the Western Hemisphere's tallest apartment building for just $60... | Business Insider
- Poland is reopening the probe into a 2010 plane crash that... | Business Insider