Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Twitter Storms and Trade Wars | Financial Sense
- Trump Warns "We Are Going To Be Imposing A Very Major Border Tax", Will "Cut Regulations By 75%" | ZeroHedge
- A Preview Of Trump's Seven Imminent Executive Orders | ZeroHedge
- Netflix Can Add Subscribers - But At What Cost? (Video) | ZeroHedge
- "Billion-Year" Gambian President Was Installed By The CIA | ZeroHedge
- Trump and the Four Levers of Government Policy | Financial Sense
- Ethics Group Will Sue Trump On Monday Over Foreign Government Payments | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Money stained with blood': Pope Francis lashes out... | Business Insider
- Google stopped asking these 7 job interview questions because they were... | Business Insider
- Speculation is mounting that Apple could build a TV — because... | Business Insider
- 5 ways you could falsely test positive for drugs | Business Insider
- A couple who saved $50,000 to travel the world talks earning, spending, and working their... | Business Insider
- These were the Swiss and Austrian fighter jets that provided air cover for Davos | Business Insider
- Trump campaign: Trump may not enforce individual... | Business Insider