Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Farage Denies Conceding: "We Haven't Had A Single Bloody Vote Counted"; S&P Futures Surge | ZeroHedge
- "Today Is The Appetizer For Monday" | ZeroHedge
- Friday Humor: What Comes After Brexit | ZeroHedge
- "Victory For Freedom" - Le Pen Demands Referendum For France | ZeroHedge
- A few thoughts on Gold, currency and “risk free savings” in the wake of Brexit | ZeroHedge
- Tyler Kling of Macro-Ops Says Junk Bonds Will Signal Equity Market Inflection Point | Financial Sense
- Peter Schiff: "Brexit Is Just What The Doctor Ordered" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Brexit is not expected to have a big impact on the English Premier League | Business Insider
- Android Pay adds map service (GOOG, GOOGL) | Business Insider
- Even Tesla's biggest cheerleader can't get behind Elon Musk... | Business Insider
- 17 photos that give a rare behind-the-scenes look at the Supreme Court | Business Insider
- This nation has a more aggressive plan... | Business Insider
- Watch House Democrats shout down Paul Ryan during a gun-... | Business Insider
- A woman who... | Business Insider