Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Last Time This Happened, Stocks Tumbled 20% | ZeroHedge
- Bank of Japan: The Limits Of Monetary Tinkering | ZeroHedge
- When A Nation Is Doomed - A Definition... | ZeroHedge
- Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right - Is Fiorina The Fall Gal? | ZeroHedge
- Obamacare To Unveil "Price Shock" One Week Before The Elections | ZeroHedge
- America's Plunging Worker Productivity Explained (In 1 Depressing Chart) | ZeroHedge
- Global Stocks Slide As Dollar Continues Rising: Has The "Pricing In" Of Trump Begun | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the billionaires of 740 Park Avenue, one of New York's historic... | Business Insider
- Mining giant BHP Billiton is facing a $44... | Business Insider
- Unless consumers start spending, we're in for... | Business Insider
- How I save money in the most expensive city in the US | Business Insider
- Why this up-and-coming athleisure brand is succeeding by being the... | Business Insider
- Spanish banks are getting pummeled and it means another... | Business Insider
- Why is Amazon Video still missing from the Apple TV? (AMZN, AAPL) | Business Insider