Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Monetary Policy Dead-End | ZeroHedge
- Key Events In The Coming Week | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Regulator Proposes Ban On High-Frequency Trading | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Stocks Rally On Confusion Whether PBOC Finally Launched QE; US Futures Flat In Holiday Mode | ZeroHedge
- A Look at Long-Term Trends in Employment by Age Group | Financial Sense
- Obama Won't Back Down After Chinese Threat, Sends U.S. Warships To Contested Islands In "Matter Of Days" | ZeroHedge
- The Myth of Retiring Baby Boomers | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 50 best B&Bs in America | Business Insider
- Oprah Winfrey hates meetings so much she once persuaded Coretta Scott King not to visit... | Business Insider
- How to make your boring job sound exciting without lying to the hiring manager | Business Insider
- Adam Savage of 'MythBusters' says... | Business Insider
- Here's where the world's richest 0.00168% live | Business Insider
- Kirill Petrenko to take over Berlin Philharmonic in 2019 | Business Insider
- UConn mac and cheese incident spawns fundraisers | Business Insider