Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Strap In! China Is Crashing Again | ZeroHedge
- Carnage Continues: EU Equity Futures Crash 7%, Bund Yields Plunge 20bps, Italy/Spain Bonds Dumped | ZeroHedge
- A Helpless China Tips Its Hand: A Market Crash "Poses Great Danger To Social Stability" | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: June 29 | ZeroHedge
- Why Buffett Bet A Billion On Solar | Financial Sense
- European Failures Coming Fast And Heavy Now | ZeroHedge
- Have the Saudis Miscalculated the Impact of Lower Crude Prices on US Production? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why this engineer quit his job at Facebook to found an 'interactive... | Business Insider
- Second NY prison escapee shot and captured: US media | Business Insider
- A Chinese artificial intelligence program just beat humans in an IQ test | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- GOLDMAN: Today's Greek mess won't get as bad as... | Business Insider
- The Dalai Lama is speaking at Glastonbury today | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek