Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Enough With the Greeks Already | iBankCoin.com
- How The Saudis Wag The Washington Dog | ZeroHedge
- Case-Shiller Home Prices Rise Over 5% YoY To 7 Year High | ZeroHedge
- The Coming Capital Controls Are Designed To Protect The Banks From You | ZeroHedge
- Trannies Tumble As Death Cross Triggers | ZeroHedge
- China Equity Rally Reaches Escape Velocity As Shenzhen Trades At 71X Earnings | ZeroHedge
- This Is How Much Of Your Life The US Has Spent At War | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's your complete preview of this week's big economic events | Business Insider
- Here's what you get when you order 'Omaha Steaks' in the mail | Business Insider
- European stocks are sinking after the long weekend | Business Insider
- Blatter must go, says Platini ahead of FIFA election | Business Insider
- Ex-Navy SEAL and Oxford PhD on this generation of veterans: '... | Business Insider
- IRS: Hackers stole sensitive tax information from 100,... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek