Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Guest Post: Obama And Putin Are Trapped In A Macho Game Of "Chicken" | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Up 175K, Jobless Rate Climbs to 6.7% | Financial Sense
- A Divergence Among Nasdaq 100 Stocks | Financial Sense
- China Sides With Russia On Sanctions; Ambassador Warns "Western Nations Would Be Hurting Themselves" | ZeroHedge
- Stocks: October 2007 vs. March 2014 | Financial Sense
- Weekly Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Meet The Mysterious Firm That Is About To Leave Blythe Masters Without A Job | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's The Tea Party's Version Of The Ellen Oscar Selfie | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Tiger Woods Sank A 91-Foot Putt And His Reaction Was Perfect | Business Insider
- Hidden Camera Captures Debate Over Costco's Future | TheStreet.com
- Startup Employees Think They Are Going To Get Rich — Then A Horror Story Like This... | Business Insider
- Here's Why You Should Always File Your Taxes, Even If You Made... | Business Insider
- Let's Stop Repeating One Of The Biggest Lies About Startups | Business Insider