Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What's Avant-Garde Now? Social Innovation | ZeroHedge
- NYPD Stunner: Cops Exit Ebola Victim Apartment, Dump Gloves, Masks In Sidewalk Trash Can | ZeroHedge
- 25 Banks Said To Fail European Stress Test, 10 In Talks On Capital Shortfall | ZeroHedge
- Daily Scorecard | iBankCoin.com
- Three Perspectives on Falling Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- When The Line Between Halloween & Real Life Terror Gets Blurred | ZeroHedge
- The End Of QE3, Trouble Ahead For The Bulls? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Renault chief sees Europe auto market slowing in 2015 | Business Insider
- NBA Assistant Coach Rips Kobe Bryant, Says He's Like Wizards-Era Michael Jordan Now... | Business Insider
- Luis Suarez starts for Barcelona in El Clasico | Business Insider
- First Ebola case hits New York: report | Business Insider
- Apple Will Find Jobs For Employees At Its Bankrupt Supplier (... | Business Insider
- Mali seeks to contain Ebola fears after girl dies | Business Insider
- This New Feature Could Make ‘Super Smash Bros’ The Game Of The Year... | Business Insider