Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Rigor Mortis Of The Robo-Machines | ZeroHedge
- California Judge Grants Class-Action Status To Uber Drivers' Suit | ZeroHedge
- China PMI Contracts Fastest Since February-March 2009 | Financial Sense
- "If I Don't Come Home, Look After My Wife": What Happens In China If You Sell Stocks | ZeroHedge
- VIX ETFs Are In Crisis Mode | ZeroHedge
- US Recession Looms As Factory Orders Plunge 9th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Don't Overplay the Bounce | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ripken honored by Orioles in celebration of 2131 game | Business Insider
- North Korea denies it apologized over mine blast | Business Insider
- 8 facts that explain how insanely dominant Serena Williams... | Business Insider
- European stocks wobble on China jitters | Business Insider
- Kerry to outline US assurances to Israel, Gulf to... | Business Insider
- India's antitrust probe into Google moves into next... | Business Insider
- J.K. Rowling just revealed another awesome detail about Harry... | Business Insider