Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is May 9 The Grexit Date? | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Is Grooming A Former Goldman Banker To Become America's Next Treasury Secretary | ZeroHedge
- Cyprus Provided a Template For the Coming Bank Holidays and Account Seizures | ZeroHedge
- A Full Analysis and Step-by-Step Guide for EU Area Residents To Aid In Escaping the Upcoming Bank Bail-ins & Capital Controls | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Slammed - Dow Tumbles 350 Points Into Red Year-To-Date | ZeroHedge
- Congress Is Trying To Reauthorize Key Patriot Act Provisions by Sneaking it Into 'USA Freedom Act' | ZeroHedge
- BCA: Geopolitical Forces Likely to Push Oil Lower Near Term | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why some people believe Mark Zuckerberg's plan to bring cheap... | Business Insider
- Notable 52-Week... | StreetInsider.com
- Replica of French general's historic US... | Business Insider
- How the iPhone 6 compares to its biggest rival, the Samsung Galaxy S6 (AAPL... | Business Insider
- It's taking an unusually long time to fill vacant jobs in the US | Business Insider
- People have one huge misconception about T.J. Maxx | Business Insider
- Consumer prices fall in March | Business Insider