Go Long Mexico with the EWW
If you want to go long on Mexico the weapon of choice is by far the 'Mexico ETF'. That would be the iShares MSCI Mexico Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EWW) -- ticker symbol EWW.
The EWW trades at $73.37 a share and is less than 5% from its 12 month high. The Mexico ETF has ran up 21% in the past 12 months beating the Dow Jones by 4%. However in 2013 the EWW is only up 3.8% which is way behind the 15% increase in the Dow Jones. But who cares where it's at compared to U.S. equities. The bullish attention is being thrown at Mexico and we are warming up to the premise. Mastery also likes the 1% annual dividend yield the EWW offers. The EWW has attracted $3.1 billion in assets under management, it is the premiere 'long Mexico' ETF investor option.
Mexico is now being referred to as 'The Aztec Tiger'. Mexico's economy grew by 4% in 2012, a rate that is expected to reach as much as 7% annually in the years ahead. The latest buzz is strongly bullish on Mexico. Check out WSJ's The Rise of the 'Aztec Tiger' Under a charismatic new leader, Mexico is roaring toward a turnaround. After that read Zacks' Why Mexico ETF is a Long-term Winner. Of course we have a video commentary you can watch as well, which is Tuesday night NBR's piece from Art Hogan on Global Markets but really talks up Mexico (see below, charts follow).
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The American Dream Has Moved to Scandinavia | ZeroHedge
- Gary Shilling on Interest Rates, Deleveraging, and Corporate Profits | Financial Sense
- Are You Better Off This Thanksgiving Than You Were Last Thanksgiving? | ZeroHedge
- Something Is Wrong With This Chart | ZeroHedge
- Irrational Exuberance – Descriptive Superlatives Exhaustion Point Is Reached | ZeroHedge
- Stuck In Reverse And Descending Into Trauma | ZeroHedge
- When a Bubble Isn’t...? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia's Most Powerful Oil Official Says Oil Could... | Business Insider
- Here's The New Yorker's Brilliantly Simple New Ferguson... | Business Insider
- The Best Black Friday Deals In Tech | Business Insider
- 20 Must-See Wall Street Movies That Will Make You Wish The Market Was Open Today | Business Insider
- Here's Why We Celebrate Thanksgiving When We Do | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (AAPL, TWTR, GPRO, FB, AMZN) | Business Insider
- Who Needs Thanksgiving? Black Friday Sales Are Soaring Overseas | TheStreet.com