Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Anti-Trump Violence Sweeps The Nation | ZeroHedge
- Dennis Kucinich's Extraordinary Warning On Washington's Think Tank Warmongers | ZeroHedge
- Putin Asks: "Is America Now A Banana Republic" | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Reading: Stuck In The Middle - Again | ZeroHedge
- Pound Tumbles After UK Government Wins Brexit Suit In Northern Ireland Court | ZeroHedge
- Pending Home Sales Growth Disappoints As Post-Summer Slump Accelerates | ZeroHedge
- Economic Breadth Is Significantly Deteriorating in the US | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Trump campaign unveils plan to spend $1 trillion on... | Business Insider
- Facebook is copying Snapchat again (FB) | Business Insider
- Computer hard drives have shrunk like crazy over the last 60 years — here's a look... | Business Insider
- Fox Sports' Katie Nolan rips NFL and New York Giants... | Business Insider
- Why Russia just introduced an 'extremely dangerous' new nuclear missile called... | Business Insider
- The 30 best places to travel alone | Business Insider
- 15 things you probably didn't know about 'The Walking Dead' | Business Insider