Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Schizomedia Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- Q3 GDP Rises 3.5% Despite Sharp Slowdown In Consumption, Pushed Higher By Government Spending Spree | ZeroHedge
- Broken Stocks, Battered Bullion, & Bruised Crude | ZeroHedge
- STTG Market Recap October 29, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- The Fed's "Other" Taper: Printing Of New $100 Bills Tumbles By 85% In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Mortgage Purchase Applications Plunge To 19-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- Why China’s Slowdown Is Taking a Heavy Toll on Canada | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What Was In The 5,000 Pounds Of Cargo Destroyed In Tuesday's... | Business Insider
- Asia shares rally after US growth figures | Business Insider
- The Simple Reason Why The San Francisco Giants Can't Be Considered A Dynasty | Business Insider
- Top Gear Is Going On The Ultimate Road Trip Again — And The Trailer Looks Amazing... | Business Insider
- Michael Jordan Talks Trash On Obama's Golf Game | Business Insider
- Here's How The New College Football Playoff Works | Business Insider
- JPMorgan's $6.5 Billion Plan For A New NYC Headquarters Totally Fell Apart | Business Insider