Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Suicide Bomber Detonates In Saudi Mosque, ISIS Suspected | ZeroHedge
- Why The US Consumer Is About To be Crushed: The Obamacare Inflationary Deluge Arrives | ZeroHedge
- Fed Doesn't Rule Out June Liftoff As FOMC Minutes Show Fed Fears Post-Hike Volatility, Dollar Drag | ZeroHedge
- Bond Markets Suffer Volatility as Crowded Trades Unwind | Financial Sense
- Overheard In The FX Rigging "Cartel" Chatroom: "Mess This Up And Sleep With One Eye Open | ZeroHedge
- Despite Weak Economic Data Overnight, Futures Slide On Rate Hike Concerns | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Rendering Of Obama's Iraq Strategy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Royal Mail's stock price just tanked despite a rise in sales... | Business Insider
- The 17 hottest tech startups in Germany | Business Insider
- England 389 all out against New Zealand | Business Insider
- Blast hits Shiite mosque in eastern Saudi | Business Insider
- UK PM predicts 'ups and downs' in EU renegotiation... | Business Insider
- This horrific Twitter ad shows why harassment is a... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek