Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Get Paid Fighting Against Trump" - Ads Across American Cities Reportedly Offer Money To Inauguration Agitators | ZeroHedge
- Gundlach: The Biggest Risk to the Current Rally Is Donald Trump | Financial Sense
- In A Free Market, No Profit Is "Excessive" | ZeroHedge
- Merkel's Human Rights Speaker Resigns Over Refugee Policy | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 206: Steven Johnson – Did The Invention Of The Record Player Cause More Boys Than Girls In China? | Altucher Confidential
- RBC On The Treasury Standoff: "Someone Is Going To Get Hurt Badly" | ZeroHedge
- Trump's Comments Send the Dollar Reeling | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 'Rigged just like before': Trump dismisses polls that show... | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Justin Trudeau faces an ethics probe after staying on... | Business Insider
- A 28-year-old who makes a living traveling the world with... | Business Insider
- Joe Biden's parting message to the world was a stark warning about a clash... | Business Insider
- Sociology professor suggests mass murder could be seen as a... | Business Insider
- The Nintendo Switch comes with a new online service — but it sounds terrible | Business Insider