Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Kohl's And The Rest Of The Retailers Are In Deep Trouble | ZeroHedge
- The American Public: A Tough Soldier Or A Chicken Hawk Cowering In A Cubicle? | ZeroHedge
- An Independent Scotland? | Financial Sense
- Saturday Night at Chess Cinemas | iBankCoin.com
- You Are Now Entering the No Selfie Zone | iBankCoin.com
- Scotland’s Independence Could Hurt British Pound | Financial Sense
- The Perfect (Dollar) Storm – When Currencies Collide Part 1 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Robert Griffin III Suffers Another Devastating Leg Injury | Business Insider
- China's Alibaba sets new path with US IPO | Business Insider
- How One Complaint-Filled Letter Landed This Ex-Googler At Her Dream Job | Business Insider
- 4 Reasons Americans Aren't Buying Volkswagens Anymore | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- District Attorney: NFL's Adrian... | Business Insider
- Get Ready For A Massive Week For The Economy — Here's Your Complete... | Business Insider