Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Energy Layoffs Resume: Shell Fires 6,500, Whiting Cuts 2015 Budget 2 Weeks After Raising It | ZeroHedge
- Does This Look Like An Accidental Relationship To You? | ZeroHedge
- US Economy Sees Substantial Increase After Weak QI, Though Still Below Average | Financial Sense
- 5 Things To Ponder: Mentally Conflicted | ZeroHedge
- The World Map Of Hubris & Humiliation | ZeroHedge
- The Swiss National Bank Is Long $94 Billion In Stocks, Reports Record Loss Equal To 7% Of Swiss GDP | ZeroHedge
- Amoeba, Fish, Lizard, Ape, Human, Investor... Meet Evolutionary Economics | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China's proposed site for the 2022 Winter Olympics is also the... | Business Insider
- England reach 221-7 at lunch in third Ashes Test | Business Insider
- Shoppers looted a supermarket in Venezuela, and now one... | Business Insider
- Real Madrid beat AC Milan 10-9 on penalties | Business Insider
- A US intelligence report says Flight MH370... | Business Insider
- Ace helps Ishikawa grab share of National lead | Business Insider
- Frontback, the once-... | Business Insider