Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Obamacare "Death Spiral" Looms As Co-Op Losses Mount | ZeroHedge
- "How Is This Not Classified?"- Obama Used A Pseudonym In Emails With Hillary, FBI Data Dump Reveals | ZeroHedge
- A Turning Point In The US Presidential Campaign. What Happened? | ZeroHedge
- Chart: The Central Bankers’ Bubble – 2007 vs. Today | Financial Sense
- Here's How CIA Puppet-Masters Are Deliberately Picking A 'World War III Level' Fight | ZeroHedge
- Chinese Contagion Risks Surge: Banks' Reliance On Each Other For Funding Hits All Time High | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Cancels Trip To Charlotte After Mayor Tells Her To Stay Home | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The iPhone hologram projector is real — here's how to make one | Business Insider
- This revolutionary device turns your grill into the perfect pizza oven | Business Insider
- Where Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump stand on gun control | Business Insider
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- Here's what happens when you get bitten by a black widow | Business Insider
- The 25 coolest new businesses in New York City | Business Insider
- The suspected Washington state mall shooter has been... | Business Insider