Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EURUSD Spikes To 5-Month Highs After Early French Results | ZeroHedge
- The Last Time This Happened, The Market Crashed | ZeroHedge
- Trump To Hold Top Level Briefing On North Korea Following US Citizen Arrest | ZeroHedge
- FX Volatility Crashes As Traders Unwind "Existential Euro" Hedges | ZeroHedge
- Don't Let This Happen To You | ZeroHedge
- Your Complete Guide To Sunday's French Presidential Elections First Round | ZeroHedge
- Ontario Finally Moves to Douse Real Estate Inferno | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A growing number of startups are... | Business Insider
- 2 small firms are going to make a killing on Cardinal Health... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- See the hidden World Trade Center art gallery Spotify tapped for its headquarters... | Business Insider
- 5 sobering charts that show how many resources Americans use and waste | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The players NBA teams are kicking themselves for... | Business Insider
- White House officials were reportedly worried Trump would... | Business Insider