Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Economics Of The Standoff Between Turkey And The Netherlands | ZeroHedge
- Fund flows of this size could mark a top, says Joe Friday | ZeroHedge
- Republican Confidence Soars To 9 Year Highs As Democrats' Comfort Crashes | ZeroHedge
- 'Soft' Data Slammed: US Services, Manufacturing PMIs Plunge To 6-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- NJ Transit Service Suspended At Penn Station After Train Derailment | ZeroHedge
- Netherlands: Moderate Parties Hold Onto Power | Financial Sense
- 4D Chess Alert: Rep. Nunes Confirms Trump Transition Team Was Under ‘Incidental’ Surveillance | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Dozens of California communities are seeing patterns... | Business Insider
- If China wants to achieve its growth goals, it may need the help of robots | Business Insider
- An entrepreneur shares 5 behaviors that make you a bad boss without... | Business Insider
- 'A body blow to the investigation': Democrats slam GOP investigator over... | Business Insider
- Another person has died on a for-profit prison transport | Business Insider
- The top 5 predictions for the future of digital | Business Insider