Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- LOOK AT ME: DO I APPEAR TO BE SCARED? | iBankCoin.com
- As IMF Default Looms & Tax Revenues Plunge, Greek Stocks & Bonds Tumble | ZeroHedge
- The Law, as given to Moses by The God of Abraham, The God Israel, The God of Christianity, and The God of Islam | ZeroHedge
- Spot The Odd Vol Out | ZeroHedge
- Pop Quiz: How Many Constitutional Rights Have We Lost? | ZeroHedge
- Warren Buffett Releases Monster 43-Page Half-Century Letter To Berkshire Faithful | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Crashes Most Since Lehman To Lowest Since July 2009 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's a GIANT unknown in the Iran nuclear negotiations | Business Insider
- Deflation comes to America | Business Insider
- Jailed Kurdish leader in Turkey urges PKK to lay down... | Business Insider
- Police recover pearl gown stolen from movie star Nyong'... | Business Insider
- Pending home sales hit an 18-month high | Business Insider
- Di Maria vows to fire United to top four finish | Business Insider
- Is the dress white and gold or black and blue? Photoshop says 'both' | Business Insider