Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Anti-Trump Rally in NYC Silent During Muslim Call to Prayer | ZeroHedge
- Richard Breslow: "How Much Central Bank Money Has Poured Into The S&P 500?" | ZeroHedge
- Irrespective Of Travel Ban, Trump Has Broad Executive Powers On Immigration Enforcement | ZeroHedge
- The Illusion Of Freedom: The Police State Is Alive And Well | ZeroHedge
- Why Its Big Bet On Westinghouse Nuclear Is Bankrupting Toshiba | ZeroHedge
- The Criminalization Of Financial Independence | ZeroHedge
- Plus ça change ? Oui ou Non? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These are the leading credit card processing companies (JPM, BAC, C, WFC, VNTV,... | Business Insider
- Facebook dynasty emerges in the post-app era (FB) | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- The 15 most expensive states to live in when you retire | Business Insider
- Trump’s new EPA chief barely mentioned the environment in his first address to the... | Business Insider
- Bitcoin soars above $1,100 | Business Insider
- BROKER: 1 in 5 Canadian homeowners commits mortgage fraud | Business Insider