Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Can Italy Be Saved? | Financial Sense
- ECB Introduces Cash Collateral To Resolve Shortage Of Eligible Eurosystem Collateral | ZeroHedge
- Paranoia Alert: The Trump Trap Has Been Laid | ZeroHedge
- Powerful 6.8 Magnitude Quake Strikes Off The Coast Of Northern California | ZeroHedge
- Trump Picks Pro Wrestling Mogul Linda McMahon To Run Small Business Administration | ZeroHedge
- Trump Is Correct – Boeing Is Gouging The Taxpayer On The New Air Force One | ZeroHedge
- California State Senator Files Legislation To Create "Safe Zones" For Illegal Immigrants | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Take a look at the cool spaces where employees at companies like... | Business Insider
- New York Times executive editor: 'We don’t get religion' | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- The Internet of Everything — $12.6 trillion ROI expected over the... | Business Insider
- It's becoming less and less likely that Sears can save itself (SHLD) | Business Insider
- Israel could become a counterterrorism training hub for countries worried about... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek