Education & Training Stock Picks (LRN, ESI, DV, UTI, APOL)
We think so. Education & Training has been a huge laggard in 2012, much like the Homebuilders were in recent years. However, the "Homies" have been tearing it up in 2012 - and the Housing Market hasn't even fully recovered yet.
Here are our picks: K12, Inc. (LRN), ITT Educational Services Inc. (ESI), DeVry, Inc. (DV), Apollo Group Inc. (APOL), Universal Technical Institute, Inc. (UTI).
New regulations regarding for-profit schools and increased scrutiny have taken a toll on enrollment and revenue in the Education & Training industry.
In spite of that, fundamentally, these stocks are looking pretty good. You might get laughed out of a job interview if your degree is from the DeVry Institute, but DV did 2.09B in sales last year, and is expecting Brazil to drive its growth in the next year. DV is also on track with plans to cut costs companywide to save at least $50 million in fiscal 2013. Others in the sector are doing the same.
It may not be time to buy right this second, but it would behoove you to add these names to your radar. It's just a matter of time until we see a short squeeze as the sector recovers.
|Ticker||Company||Price||Float Short||Performance (Year)|
|ESI||ITT Educational Services Inc.||38.38||29%||-39%|
|APOL||Apollo Group Inc.||29.6||17%||-34%|
|UTI||Universal Technical Institute, Inc.||12.75||3%||-5%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- REITs | iBankCoin.com
- Bart Chilton Joins America's Largest Law Firm As Policy Advisor | ZeroHedge
- U.S. Treasury Warns China Over Yuan Depreciation; Treasury Hypocrites; What If? | Financial Sense
- The Alienation of Work | ZeroHedge
- Did the Department of Homeland Security Just Admit that the Government Knew about the Heartbleed Bug? | ZeroHedge
- Gold Gets the Knife Today | iBankCoin.com
- Baltic Dry Drops For 15th Day To Lowest In 9 Months (Back Below $1000) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Co-Founder Of MySpace Took The Only Photo Of The Blood Moon You Need To See | Business Insider
- CHART OF THE DAY: From First To Last, And Last To First | Business Insider
- This Simple Mind Trick Could Revolutionize Your Finances | Business Insider
- Running Experts Share Their Best Tips For First-Time Marathoners | Business Insider
- Market... | StreetInsider.com
- The Momentum Stock Meltdown Has Exposed A Big Flaw In A Very Popular Investing Strategy | Business Insider
- Satya Nadella Just Launched Microsoft Into A New $1.6 Trillion Market (MSFT) | Business Insider