Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Happens When the Electricity Is Off for Three Days? | Financial Sense
- Polls 1 - 0 Crowds: Despite Apparent 'Lead', Democrats Face Empty Rallies In Florida | ZeroHedge
- Six Things To Consider About Inflation | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bars Go to $6 Premium in China as Yuan Hits Fresh 6-Year Lows on Capital Outflows | Financial Sense
- Caterpillar Retail Sales Decline For 46 Consecutive Months; Worst Month For North America Since 2010 | ZeroHedge
- End of Gasoline Powered Autos by 2030? | Financial Sense
- "Pre-Crime" Returns To America With New Airbnb Law | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A guy was given $150 after finding a 50-year-old message in a bottle while he was on... | Business Insider
- 27 amazing photos that show what it was like to work for NASA throughout the years | Business Insider
- Making this 'slow' coffee is a quick way to a caffeine buzz | Business Insider
- BARBARA CORCORAN: Chris Sacca is 'probably the most arrogant... | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The players from LeBron James' Miami Heat... | Business Insider
- Tesla's big solar roof unveiling will happen on Friday (TSLA, SCTY) | Business Insider
- Philippines' Duterte tells worried foreign businesses to leave | Business Insider