Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Implications for the Stock Market and Gold with a Yen Rally | Financial Sense
- Recent Hindenburg Omens Signaled Caution, Now What? | Financial Sense
- This Factor Could Propel Gold Mining Stocks Much Higher In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks | Financial Sense
- Police Reportedly Rage, De Blasio's "Hands Are Dripping With Blood" | ZeroHedge
- The Hidden Leverage In "Shiny Objects" - Banks Sell Record Amount Of Equity-Linked Structured Notes | ZeroHedge
- Dollar Bulls Regain Upper Hand | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Narendra Modi's Mentor Thought Gandhi Was A Sissy | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Lions Center Appears To Intentionally Stomp On Bears Player's Ankle... | Business Insider
- Why BlackBerry Shares Are Falling, Despite a Surprise Profit | TheStreet.com
- ISS crew gets new ratchet -- over email | Business Insider
- How A Hacker Gang Literally Saved Christmas For Video Game Players Everywhere | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions 12/19: (ROG)/(HNH... | StreetInsider.com