Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Dramatic Drone's-Eye View Of The Record Upstate New York Snowfall | ZeroHedge
- Initial Jobless Claims Hit 2-Month Highs, Continuing Claims Tumble To 14-Year Lows | ZeroHedge
- These 7 Firms Paid Their CEO Over 60% More Than Uncle Sam | ZeroHedge
- 3 Things Worth Thinking About | ZeroHedge
- The Latest Scandal: Goldman, Fed Employees Busted For Illegally Sharing Confidential Information | ZeroHedge
- Credit Markets Signaling Near-Term Caution | Financial Sense
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- If You're a Baby Boomer, Here Are the 12 Worst Cities to Retire | TheStreet.com
- Oscar-winning director Mike Nichols dies aged 83: US... | Business Insider
- China manufacturing index dips to six-month low: HSBC | Business Insider
- Samsung Had A Plan To End Android, But It's Failing (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Giancarlo Stanton's Historic Contract Is A Bad Sign For The Future Of The... | Business Insider
- Sex Pistols Singer Reveals He Spent Over $15,000 On iPad Apps | Business Insider