Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- EP 123: Tom Rath – What Can You Do Better Than Anyone Else? | Altucher Confidential
- From Hill-ary To Mountain-ary - How UBS Sent Millions To The Clintons After Saving The Bank In 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Shorting The Buyback Contradiction | ZeroHedge
- "Bad News Is Bad News"? 30Y Yield Plunges Under 3.00%, Stocks & USD Slide After GDP Miss | ZeroHedge
- "The Virtuous Emerging Market Cycle Is Turning Vicious" Albert Edwards Remembers The 1997 Asian Crisis | ZeroHedge
- An Exasperated Tsipras Calls For Syriza Referendum On Bailout Cancellation | ZeroHedge
- If Spending Is Our Military Strategy, Our Strategy Is Bankrupt | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill Gross prays the Fed will listen to Rick Santelli (JNS) | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- Watch these daredevils climb to the very top of Dubai's tallest... | Business Insider
- It's astonishing to see Google's app translating words in real-time (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Nissan quarterly profit jumps 36% on strong sales in... | Business Insider
- Merkel's Bavarian ally says a Grexit would... | Business Insider
- The fight against ISIS has already cost the US over $3... | Business Insider