Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Turkey Arrests Generals Who Stopped Syria-Bound, Weapons-Laden, Spook Trucks | ZeroHedge
- Which Stocks Are Cheap? | ZeroHedge
- December 16th: A Date Which Will Live On In Monetary Infamy | ZeroHedge
- Energy Storage Tech Finally Starting to Compete With the Grid | Financial Sense
- Obama Signs Defense Bill Authorizing $500 Million More In Aid To "Moderate" Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Serial Bubbles Mean Serial Crashes... and the Next One Will Dwarf 2008 | ZeroHedge
- Two Reasons The 'War On Terror' Will Always Fail | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists debate boundaries, ethics of human gene editing... | Business Insider
- UK, EU leaders to discuss technicalities of a 'Brexit... | Business Insider
- Google has patented a way for its self-driving cars to talk to pedestrians... | Business Insider
- AP Source: Oregon assistant Frost to become UCF head coach... | Business Insider
- Pope Francis meets with Muslims in Central African... | Business Insider
- Capitol Hill Buzz: New Speaker, new facial hair | Business Insider
- Feminist makeover for Pirelli calendar wins praise | Business Insider