Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Case-Shiller US Home Price Index Drops Most In A Year | ZeroHedge
- Cuba Inc. – Long Way to Go Before Opening to the Free Market | Financial Sense
- "Of What Use Is A Gun With No Bullets?", BIS Says Central Banks Defenseless Against Coming Crisis | ZeroHedge
- Greek Crisis: What's Next After Capital Controls? | ZeroHedge
- Early China Strength Fades Fast As Margin Debt Plunges Most In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- Why There Is No Growth: The Entire S&P 500 Free Cash Flow Is Going Back To Shareholders | ZeroHedge
- The Air We Breathe | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Wall Street's deep-pocketed donors aren't throwing money behind Chris... | Business Insider
- Scientists have made the first fully functional... | Business Insider
- One of the biggest rumors about why it took so long to find 2 escaped... | Business Insider
- Mario Andretti believes America can rescue Formula One | Business Insider
- REPORT: Greece will accept most creditor terms | Business Insider
- You’ll need to update your iPhone if you want to try Apple Music this week (AAPL) | Business Insider