Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Sovereignty Series - A 'State' of Mind | ZeroHedge
- Gold Hedges Against Surge In Cost Of Bread, Eggs, Beer and Fuel | ZeroHedge
- China’s Credit Markets Under Pressure | Financial Sense
- US Foreign Policy (In One Cartoon) | ZeroHedge
- Why Is the Dow Lagging the Broader Market? | Financial Sense
- Peter Schiff: Weather Or Not? | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Up 175K, Jobless Rate Climbs to 6.7% | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The 15 Coolest Airbnb Rentals In New York City | Business Insider
- Rand Paul Just Shredded The Field In The CPAC Straw Poll | Business Insider
- 'SNL' Parodies Matthew McConaughey And '... | Business Insider
- Russian Forces Seize Another Military Airport In... | Business Insider
- Three Notable Things Are Happening In Asian Trading Right Now | Business Insider
- LEGENDARY VC: Here's The Number One Thing I Look For In An Entrepreneur | Business Insider