Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Zillow Said to Be Bidding for Trulia | iBankCoin.com
- "The Bigger They Are, The Harder They Fall" | ZeroHedge
- Q2 Closes With A Durable Goods Whimper And 1.6% Y/Y Drop; Core Capex Orders Revised Much Lower; Shipments Tumble | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Says Russia Preparing To Transfer "Powerful Weapons" To Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Useful Idiots and the Something For Nothing Society - Part 1 of 3 | ZeroHedge
- Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? | Financial Sense
- Russia To Ban Several McDonalds Burgers Including Royal And Filet-O-Fish | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- Lyft Reached An Agreement With New York And Will Launch Today | Business Insider
- These Maps Will Show You When The Hottest Day Of The Year Hits Your Town | Business Insider
- Billionaires Carlos Slim And Richard Branson Want A 3-Day Workweek — Here's... | Business Insider
- Here Are The Two Most Impressive Things About Facebook's Blow-Out Earnings... | Business Insider
- Here Are The Arms Russia Has Given To Rebels In Ukraine To 'Create A... | Business Insider
- China Is Becoming A Hub For Exporting Synthetic Drugs | Business Insider