Facebook Alert: Unlike FB Shares
The drama surrounding Facebook(FB) shares valuation hasn't stopped since they went public last month. Facebook's largest revenue source is their advertising and the company is on the defense saying everything is just fine. Red Flag fellow Masters.
Take a simple poll from your FB friends, how many of them have ever clicked on an ad? Have you ever clicked on a Facebook ad? Get real.
Facebook shares are around $27.30, a long way from its over $40 price last month. Facebook is saying that its ads are effective and that most ad campaigns get companies $3 for every $1 they spend. Well good for them, that should calm the market.
Today FB along with ComScore hvae a report that shows how Facebook ads have helped Starbucks (SBUX) and Target (TGT). Facebook said its research shows that 70% of ad campaigns will get advertisers a return three times what they put in, and in nearly half of all campaigns, Facebook ads get companies $5 for every $1.
Doesn't that make you feel better as a FB shareholder? If you are on the fence right now waiting to buy FB, isn't this good enough for you?
MASTERY Bottom line:
FB is fun to use, but not to own as an investment.
Mastery will wait until $25 a share before we considering buying.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why Bonds Aren't Dead & The Dollar Will Get Weaker | Financial Sense
- Rick Santelli: Europe Is Baking Rotten Cookies | Financial Sense
- Daily Market Recap | Financial Sense
- Guest Post: The Great "American" Divide | ZeroHedge
- The 2013 Terrorism & Political Violence Map | ZeroHedge
- When Central Banks Buy Stocks | Financial Sense
- The Last of the 2008 Doomsday Scenarios Is Fading Away | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tumblr Users Are Already Revolting Over The Potential Yahoo Buyout (YHOO) | Business Insider
- Watch The Trailer For The Scathing Drama Creating A Huge Buzz In China | Business Insider
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Ford Is a Buy | TheStreet.com
- The Fabulous Life Of David Karp, 26-Year-Old... | Business Insider
- Bloomberg Gets IBM Ex-CEO Sam Palmisano To... | Business Insider
- Yale's Emotional Intelligence Test Will Determine If You'd Be... | Business Insider
- Leading Pakistani Politician Zahra Shahid Hussain Shot Dead Outside... | Business Insider