Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pound Plummets To New Lows; 10Y Gilts Slide Under 1%; British Banks Halted After Crashing | ZeroHedge
- Germany Says "We Won't Let Anyone Take Europe From Us" | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Triggers Existential Eruption of EU: “Disintegration of the EU practically irreversible.” | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank: "There's No Escaping The Fact That This Is A Class War" | ZeroHedge
- Forget Brexit, This Is The Ticking Time Bomb For The Markets | ZeroHedge
- Why The Brits Really Voted "Leave" (In 3 Simple Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- Brexit: What to Expect After the EU-UK Membership Vote | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Try to spot a Bentley in this 53,000 megapixel photo | Business Insider
- Wall Street is turning its back on Elon Musk | Business Insider
- Fans are trying to figure out what was whispered in this epic 'Game of... | Business Insider
- The worst type of shirt a man can wear, according to women — and what to wear... | Business Insider
- Lionel Messi, the world's greatest... | Business Insider
- This is how Taco Bell, Starbucks, and other fast-food chains are... | Business Insider
- 13 of the hardest questions you may have to answer in a job interview at Tesla | Business Insider