Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Baltimore 'Freddie Gray' Demonstrations Turn Violent: Police Cars Smashed, Stores Looted, Multiple Arrests - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Half a Bubble Off Dead Center | Financial Sense
- EVeRY MaN'S NiGHTMaRe... | ZeroHedge
- October 15th Bond Market Crash Explained | ZeroHedge
- Volatility Is The Square Root Of Time & Fat Tails | ZeroHedge
- Luck and the Paradox of Skill | Financial Sense
- Pascal’s Wager | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Women get asked this seemingly-harmless question all the time, but... | Business Insider
- Halt Indonesia drug executions until graft claims... | Business Insider
- A luxury fitness chain with an insanely loyal following is taking over the industry | Business Insider
- Death toll from huge quake in Nepal 'hits 876' | Business Insider
- Expect the Fed to have a more 'somber' outlook on the economy this week | Business Insider
- Nepal says at least 114 killed in powerful quake | Business Insider