Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "The Market Knows It's Over" Jim Rogers Warns "We're All Going To Suffer" | ZeroHedge
- The Economy In Pictures: We've Seen This All Before | ZeroHedge
- Race To Bottom Enters Final Lap: ECB Will Cut To -0.7% In June, JPM Predicts | ZeroHedge
- It's Not March 2009... And That's Bad | Financial Sense
- Edge vs Risk Management (Video) | ZeroHedge
- German Finance Minister Joins DB CEO, Says "Not Worried About Deutsche Bank" | ZeroHedge
- The Truth About Gold As an Investment (What Bubblevision "Experts" Conveniently Overlook) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists are bashing authorities’ claims that a meteorite killed a bus driver in India... | Business Insider
- CBA: The simple reason why negative interest rates... | Business Insider
- A 'dead' Chinese baby awakes just before cremation | Business Insider
- REPORT: UBS has frozen investment banker pay | Business Insider
- Meet THAAD: America’s answer... | Business Insider
- 3 reasons you should be worried about the US economy | Business Insider
- Here's how social media is changing politics for the worse | Business Insider