Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sheep Led To The Slaughter: The Muzzling Of Free Speech In America | ZeroHedge
- Peak Construction Spending? | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In August: It Was A Good Month For Pet Rocks, Bad For "Hedge" Funds | ZeroHedge
- Reflections on the Past Three Days and the Fed’s Policy Problem | Financial Sense
- Rigor Mortis Of The Robo-Machines | ZeroHedge
- US Recession Looms As Factory Orders Plunge 9th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Italy Is "Willing To Temporarily Suspend Schengen" In Response To Refugee Crisis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2 cases of polio found in Ukraine, caused by mutated virus... | Business Insider
- A top Hillary Clinton ally once forwarded her a bizarre plan... | Business Insider
- Grand opening: College football starts, playoff talk begins... | Business Insider
- Why Hillary Clinton sent a bizarre email about Gefilte fish | Business Insider
- US auto sales expected to drop in August | Business Insider
- Biden to appear on Colbert's 'Late Show' | Business Insider
- Nations' pledges to cut emissions called insufficient | Business Insider