Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FOMC Minutes Support Third Quarter or Later Rate Hike | Financial Sense
- "Sovereign Risk" - This Is How Easily Your Property Can Be Confiscated | ZeroHedge
- Is This The Most Important Chart For The Future Of The World's Reserve Currency? | ZeroHedge
- Is There Any Hope Left for Nuclear Energy? | Financial Sense
- Gold & Silver Bid In Asia Session As China Returns From Holiday | ZeroHedge
- US Posts First Negative Inflation Print Since Lehman On Gas Price Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Are Conditions Setting the Market Up for a Summer Washout? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Russia confirms will use International Space Station... | Business Insider
- US furious over Russia's 'lies' on Ukraine | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- NBA player who made $30 million explains why he's quitting at age 26 | Business Insider
- 3 proven ways to get ahead of the game at your first job | Business Insider
- Apple CEO Tim Cook met with Angela Merkel (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com