Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is The BOJ About To Overhaul Its Entire QE Program: Wall Street's Take On The "Comprehensive Assessment" Clause | ZeroHedge
- The Power Of "Nyet" - How One Word Staggered Imperial Washington | ZeroHedge
- How James Altucher and Ramit Sethi Helped Me Earn $50,000+ In The Past 40 Days | Altucher Confidential
- Who Buys Legal Weed? | ZeroHedge
- Why Social Fragmentation Suits The Powers That Be | ZeroHedge
- With All Eyes On Tonight's BOJ Announcement, A "Minor" Snag Emerges | ZeroHedge
- Big Miss on US GDP; What to Watch If Things Are Heading South | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US assessing reports that coalition airstrikes... | Business Insider
- Zach Galifianakis stars in a comedy about a real bank heist in the 'Masterminds' trailer... | Business Insider
- 10 books that will expand your brain | Business Insider
- Will the Internet of Things be bigger than the... | Business Insider
- Facebook said it might have to pay the feds between $3 billion and $5 billion (FB) | Business Insider
- The creators of Pokémon Go hint they'll be shutting down the game's... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek