Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chart of the Day: With Stocks Near All-Time Highs, Financial Stress Turns Negative | Financial Sense
- Stock-Drop-alypse Wow - Gold Soars As Kamikaze Kuroda Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- Is the Dollar’s Major Bull Run Over? | Financial Sense
- US Treasury Gives Explicit Warning To China, Germany And Japan Not To Devalue Their Currencies | ZeroHedge
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
- 8th Year Presidential Cycle Predicts Trouble for the Rest of 2016 | Financial Sense
- Apple Runs Afoul of China’s Changing Internet | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new poll shows Donald Trump dominating a state he's not necessarily supposed... | Business Insider
- POP GOES THE WEASEL: Rogue roasted rodent prompts perturbing... | Business Insider
- China's economy is on steroids, and things could get messy when they run out... | Business Insider
- THE CONNECTED CAR REPORT: Forecasts, competing technologies... | Business Insider
- The 24 best restaurants in New York City | Business Insider
- The Republican Party is more unpopular than it's been in 20 years | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider