Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How To Go Out At The Top | Altucher Confidential
- French Housing "In Total Meltdown", "Current Figures Are Disastrous" | ZeroHedge
- Portugal Plunges To 9-Month Lows, Europe's VIX At 3-Month Highs | ZeroHedge
- Bonds & Peso Slide As Fernandez Slams Holdouts For "True Aggression Against Argentina" | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Margin Debt Storms Back To All Time Highs | ZeroHedge
- On Dominoes, WMDs And Putin's "Aggression": Imperial Washington Is Intoxicated By Another Big Lie | ZeroHedge
- Let the Allocation Commence | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- GDP SURGES 4% IN Q2 (SPX, DIA, QQQ, TLT, VIX) | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- The Fabulous Life Of Facebook Billionaire Sheryl Sandberg | Business Insider
- Larry Ellison — America's Highest Paid CEO — Just Got A Pay Cut | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Here's Wall Street's Three-Word Summary Of Everything | Business Insider
- Fed Stays The Course (SPX, SPY, QQQ, DIA, IWM, TLT) | Business Insider