Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Examining the Islamic State's Cyber Capabilities | Financial Sense
- Internal Bleeding, Cheap Tech, And Falling Angels | ZeroHedge
- Recession Looms As Dallas Fed Manufacturing Contracts 11th Month In A Row | ZeroHedge
- When The Narrative Breaks | ZeroHedge
- "It Is All Rather Scary" - Chinese Debt Snowball Gaining Momentum | ZeroHedge
- Schengen Is Cracking – Can the EU Withstand the Pressure? | Financial Sense
- Paris Is Prologue | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know in markets today | Business Insider
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The biggest NBA Draft busts of all time | Business Insider
- The NSA ended one of its contentious spying programs this weekend | Business Insider
- Info on 5 million VTech customers and kids exposed in... | Business Insider
- I tried the $99 robot cat, Hasbro's... | Business Insider
- Warriors win 19th straight, 106-103 over the Jazz | Business Insider
- We flew to the airport like the 1% — on the 'Uber of helicopters' | Business Insider