Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Hyper-Sensitive Illinois Mayor Orders Police Raid Over Parody Twitter Account | ZeroHedge
- Bankers are Behind the Wars | ZeroHedge
- Risk On, Regardless | Financial Sense
- Everything We Are Told About Deflation Is A Lie | ZeroHedge
- US, And Global, Military Spending Summed Up In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Tanks Stopped By Unarmed Woman | ZeroHedge
- What Happened To The Middle Class? The Infographic | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 9 Things You Didn't Know About Trader Joe's | Business Insider
- Italy Is Selling Off This Very Creepy 'Haunted' Island In Venice | Business Insider
- Why Google Isn't Growing (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Porsche CEO Says Supercar Is Not Dead: Cue the Spyder | TheStreet.com
- Former Commander Of Navy's Elite Blue Angels Relieved Of Duty | Business Insider
- Iran Explains Why An American Plane Was... | Business Insider
- New Militant Group Claims Responsibility For... | Business Insider