Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Q1 Earnings Season Is Going to Be Ugly | Financial Sense
- Peak Gold? Goldman Calculates There Is Only 20 Years Of Gold Supply Left | ZeroHedge
- Why We Feel So Poor (In Two Charts) | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Devolves Into A Full Police State: Law Grants Unlimited Powers To Weaponized Police Force | ZeroHedge
- Will Cash Always Be Trash, Or Will It One Day Be King? | ZeroHedge
- No Bear Market Signal Yet From Housing | Financial Sense
- Both SEC And FINRA Admit That The Market Is Rigged (And They Are Powerless To Fix It) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nobel's will goes on display for first time | Business Insider
- US Senate passes budget, with 2016 jockeying on display | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- These two charts show how the... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- 11 awesome Starbucks secret menu Frappuccinos | Business Insider
- Ellen Pao lost, but gender discrimination in... | Business Insider