Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- IMF Drops Pledge To "Resist All Forms Of Protectionism" | ZeroHedge
- Rate Normalization to Continue Above 2 Percent | Financial Sense
- Bill Maher Lashes Out At Cal Berkeley's "F**king Babies" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Slip Despite Draw In Crude, Gasoline Inventories | Financial Sense
- Bond Spreads, Yield Curves, and French Elections | Financial Sense
- Ontario Finally Moves to Douse Real Estate Inferno | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A law school is closing. This is a first. | Business Insider
- The salaries of your favorite TV and movie characters are not what... | Business Insider
- 140 soldiers killed in deadliest attack ever on an Afghan... | Business Insider
- Trump releases statement on Earth Day as his administration continues repealing... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider
- The American government's secret plan for surviving the end of... | Business Insider
- Ask yourself a question from a behavioral economist to make your... | Business Insider