Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The “New Normal” in EM Ex-China | Financial Sense
- According To Goldman, This Is Why China's GDP Was Better Than Expected (Spoiler Alert: Weather) | ZeroHedge
- Monday Night Charts | iBankCoin.com
- CPI Prints Smallest Possible Increase In September Even As Beef Prices Surge 17% In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Tennessee Woman Sentenced To Jail For Not Mowing Her Lawn | ZeroHedge
- How Japanese Hyperinflation Starts (In 1 Chart) | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Gives Up Trying To Fix Itself | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- The 10 US Cities Where Young Adults Are Flocking After College | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Uber Drivers Across The Country Are Protesting Today... | Business Insider
- Coca-Cola Shares Tank After Management Warns On Profits (KO) | Business Insider
- Original 'Shark Tank' Investor Kevin Harrington... | Business Insider
- There's Finally A Real Hoverboard, And You Can Pre-Order It Today For $10,000 | Business Insider