Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Colorado "Hamilton Electors" Sue To Block Trump, Void Vote Mandate | ZeroHedge
- Trump Tweets Japan's SoftBank Will Invest $50 Billion In The US, Create 50,000 New Jobs | ZeroHedge
- Meet the 2017 FOMC | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan, HSBC, Credit Agricole "Bank Cartel" Fined $521 Million For Euribor Rigging | ZeroHedge
- US Service Sector Rebounds in November; Majority of Businesses Positive on Direction of Economy | Financial Sense
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile On Main Street, Fast-Food Traffic Drops For The First Time In Five Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Wall Street banks are having a great time in trading | Business Insider
- Tina Fey: How to live under President Trump 'with dignity... | Business Insider
- We just learned about some more big changes coming to... | Business Insider
- 9 things I learned from traveling out of the country... | Business Insider
- New Pokémon are coming to Pokémon GO — here's what we know so... | Business Insider
- Boston Red Sox go all-in by completing blockbuster trade for Chris Sale, one of... | Business Insider
- For China, climate change is no hoax – it's a... | Business Insider