Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Martin Armstrong on Capital Flows, Market Bubbles, and the Road Ahead | Financial Sense
- Germany's Anti-Establishment AfD To Discipline Leader For Controversial Holocaust Memorial Speech | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Boosted By Struggling US Dollar | Financial Sense
- Futures, Dollar Slide; European Stocks At 3-Week Lows As "Trump Reality Sets In" | ZeroHedge
- Trump Boasts Inauguration TV Ratings, Asks Why Protesters Didn't Vote, Praises CIA | ZeroHedge
- Jack Ma Accuses The US Of Spending $14 Trillion On War Instead Of Its People | ZeroHedge
- David Rosenberg: "The Travesty Is We Have 23.5 Million Americans Aged 25-To-54 Outside The Labor Force" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- McDonald's can't keep up with its all-day-breakfast launch (MCD) | Business Insider
- Science says parents of unsuccessful kids could have these 6 things in... | Business Insider
- Here's why the market will likely 'remain trapped in its current... | Business Insider
- ITV, Mediaset and Ascential are the... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know today (YHOO, SSNLF, KATE, COH, KORS)... | Business Insider
- How Trump's Day 1 deportation plans could backfire... | Business Insider
- 7 career misconceptions that are killing 20-somethings... | Business Insider