Fiscal Cliff: Yes or No
For now it appears Democrats and Republicans are working together on resolving the issues impacting the 'Fiscal Cliff'. Let's hope they don't push the world off the cliff.
The headlines are encouraging as of Nov 16th, the media is reporting Obama and Boehner are working together. God help us all if they don't resolve their differences and save America from going over the edge. The latest via WashingtonPost.com:
President Obama opened negotiations with congressional leaders Friday on ways to avert a looming “fiscal cliff” of huge spending cuts and tax hikes, and participants from both parties afterward called the meeting constructive and expressed optimism that a deal can be reached.
Four Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate were unanimous after the initial round of talks in saying they were confident that they and the White House could agree on measures to raise federal revenue and cut spending before a Jan. 1 deadline, when draconian provisions originally designed to force a compromise are scheduled to take effect. Continue..
Hang in there fellow Masters.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Grossly Distorted Procedures: Mish Proposal to Raise GDP Calculation | Financial Sense
- AFTER FURTHER REVIEW | iBankCoin.com
- Oversold With A 5 Day Holding Period | iBankCoin.com
- Goldman Global Leading Indicator Drastically Revised, Collapses Into "Confirmed Slowdown" | ZeroHedge
- Goodbye POMO: Normalcy Returns On October 28 | ZeroHedge
- VIX Options Halted As CBOE Breaks | ZeroHedge
- Texas Governor Rick Perry To Explain How (Despite 2nd Case) Ebola Is "Contained" - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ai Weiwei meditates on freedom in Alcatraz show | Business Insider
- Blasts in Syria's Homs kill 18, most children: state... | Business Insider
- Here's Where Ebola Might Show Up Next | Business Insider
- PSG edge Barcelona in five-goal thriller | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Today (GPRO, MSFT, AAPL, NFLX) | Business Insider
- Ebola Drugmaker Shares Surge After CDC Confirms First US Case (TKMR, BCRX) | Business Insider
- Top three disqualified in Asian Games men's 800m | Business Insider