GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Days of BABA Are Upon Us | Financial Sense
- Mario Draghi's Lies Annotated, And A Brief Glimpse At The Truth | ZeroHedge
- China's Economy Slams On The Brakes: 30% Of Coal Miners Unable To Pay Employees On Time | ZeroHedge
- The Emergence of the U.S. Petro-Dollar | Financial Sense
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- Just What Sort of Stupid Market is This? | iBankCoin.com
- First Germany, Now France Folds On Syrian Airstrikes | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 88 Quotes On Success From The World’s Most Accomplished People | Business Insider
- Asian Games: Japan's Kosuke Hagino wins 200m freestyle | Business Insider
- Netflix Is Trying To Make It Okay For People To Spoil TV Shows (NFLX) | Business Insider
- Firefighter Dies After Being Shocked By A Power Line During The Ice Bucket... | Business Insider
- Physicists Make Big Leap In Quantum Teleportation | Business Insider
- 70,000 Syrian Kurds flee into Turkey in 24 hours: UN | Business Insider
- JULIAN ROBERTSON: Alibaba Is A 'Fabulous Company' | Business Insider