GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fly Buy: $YELP | iBankCoin.com
- How Much Further Can Gold Fall? | Financial Sense
- Rick Santelli Slams Central Bank Intervention For "Taking The Voters Out Of The Game" | ZeroHedge
- Saut: Dow Theory Says Primary Trend Still Positive Though Short-Term Caution Advised | Financial Sense
- What Just Happened In Today's "Crazy" And Biggest Ever "Window-Dressing" Reverse Repo? | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In September, Q3 And 2014 YTD | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Thursday | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pellegrini rues carelessness as Roma hold City | Business Insider
- Here's Everything We Know About The First Ebola Patient Diagnosed In The US... | Business Insider
- After Missing Targets, Cisco Cuts John Chambers Pay To $16.5 Million (CSCO) | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (ORCL, MSFT, EBAY) | Business Insider
- Chevron, Exxon Top All-Time List of Worst Greenhouse Gas Producers | TheStreet.com
- Why ‘Doctor Who’ Actor David Tennant Was 'Very Nervous... | Business Insider
- BREMMER: 'We’re Likely To See Violence' If... | Business Insider