GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Freedom Party's Hofer Defeated By Greens' Van der Bellen In Austria's Presidential Election | ZeroHedge
- How Trump Made Domestic Cyclical Stocks Great Again | ZeroHedge
- The Eurodollar Market: It All Starts Here | ZeroHedge
- Doom & Gloom? Perhaps Not | Financial Sense
- Fake Out: A Rally Built On 'Hot Air' | ZeroHedge
- Forget Ghost Cities, China Builds 10-Billion-Yuan Replica Titanic | ZeroHedge
- BaN THe BRo... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A small hedge fund manager threw shade at... | Business Insider
- 8 practical iPhone accessories under $20 | Business Insider
- Al Gore told us why he really should get credit for the internet | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Here's what happened the last time Howard Schultz stepped down as... | Business Insider
- Stop wasting gas by 'warming up' your car when it's cold out | Business Insider