GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- How The Swiss Deal With Police Brutality | ZeroHedge
- What Are the Smart Guys Saying? | Financial Sense
- Today’s Movers | iBankCoin.com
- Russian Convoy Crosses Border, Enters Ukraine Customs | ZeroHedge
- It's Official: "We Are All Terrorists Now" | ZeroHedge
- Le Fly Has a Message For All of His Readers | iBankCoin.com
- To Arms in Dixie | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google May Be Working On A Way To Make Google Glass Actually Look Normal | Business Insider
- This New App Helps You Get Poached By Your Dream Employer, Like Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Pre-Open... | StreetInsider.com
- Why 'Authentic' Smilers Are Happier, Have Better Relationships, And Live Longer | Business Insider
- This Elite Helicopter Unit With The World's Best Pilots Took Part In The Effort To Rescue James Foley | Business Insider
- Did This Insanely Lucky Motorcycle Rider Defy The Laws Of Physics? | Business Insider
- Did You Notice These 21 Companies Changed Their Logos This Year? | Business Insider