GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- There's A Difference: Fake News Or Junk News | ZeroHedge
- Trump Names Lt. Gen. HR McMaster As National Security Adviser | ZeroHedge
- Theory of Relativity | ZeroHedge
- A Brief History Of US Intelligence | ZeroHedge
- The Cancer Of War: U.S. Admits To Using Radioactive Munitions In Syria | ZeroHedge
- The Four Horsemen of the Retirement Apocalypse | Financial Sense
- How A Major Bank "Calculated" That 20x P/E Is Now "Fair Value" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how to access the iPhone's hidden mode that turns the camera into a... | Business Insider
- Russia's ambassador to the UN has died | Business Insider
- Under Armour made some huge mistakes that are turning into a nightmare (UA) | Business Insider
- THE US DIGITAL MEDIA AD REVENUE... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Two leaked memos reveal Trump... | Business Insider
- The 11 states that benefit most from immigration | Business Insider