GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Latest Shock To Status Quo, Spanish Left-Wing Parties Set To Win Parliamentary Majority | ZeroHedge
- Sisters | Altucher Confidential
- "Frack Master" Busted For Blowing Investor Cash On "Whore Card" | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Is Really a Vote Against Washington Control Over Europe | ZeroHedge
- We Expect Huge Oil Inventory Draws in July (Video) | ZeroHedge
- What Brexit Means for the World | Financial Sense
- EU Officials To Unveil 'Ultimatum' Blueprint As Final Solution For European Super-State | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- VW's dieselgate settlement in the US... | Business Insider
- Here's how the Supreme Court striking down a Texas abortion law could affect... | Business Insider
- Video footage shows Singapore Airlines plane catching fire after... | Business Insider
- Here's how marketers are using different mobile... | Business Insider
- Fans are trying to figure out what was whispered in this epic 'Game of... | Business Insider
- Hotel insiders share some of the biggest secrets of the... | Business Insider
- 7 outdated men's style 'rules' that you can now ignore | Business Insider