GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Bank Lending a Concern? | Financial Sense
- Spicer Takes The Stage As Nobody Knows Anything: Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- An Obama Plot To Sabotage Trump? | ZeroHedge
- The Sad State Of America's Infrastructure In One Infographic | ZeroHedge
- America's #1 Again (In Healthcare Costs Around The World) | ZeroHedge
- 'Soft' Data Slammed: US Services, Manufacturing PMIs Plunge To 6-Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- "It's The Inverse Of Keynes" - Earnings Season Was Very, Very Bad | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Rebecca Ferguson went from 'Mission: Impossible' scene-stealer to the star... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- University of Michigan student rips apart the smug... | Business Insider
- Health care is a grueling maze, especially for people facing mental illnesses | Business Insider
- 15 of the best tech purchases we've ever made | Business Insider
- The Republican healthcare plan just failed because Trump is bad at making deals... | Business Insider
- The eSports competitive video gaming market continues to grow revenues &... | Business Insider