GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Central Banks "Rigging" Rates or Dealing With Past Sins? | Financial Sense
- Dumb Money: 30% Of New Equity Investors In China Have Elementary Education Or Less, Bloomberg Says | ZeroHedge
- China "Is Not Another US", Does Not Seek "Yuan Hegemony" | ZeroHedge
- Invisible Solar Cells to Harvest Free Energy Everywhere | Financial Sense
- De-Dollarization Continues As Russia Seeks AIIB Membership | ZeroHedge
- Another Oligarch Preaches To The Peasants: Charlie Munger Says "Prepare For Harder World" | ZeroHedge
- Euro Basis Swaps Keep Diving | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's the one big advantage YouTube has over Facebook's new video... | Business Insider
- Nigeria claims key Boko Haram success on eve of polling | Business Insider
- A Birchbox executive used these 5 habits to become a morning person | Business Insider
- 12 ways to be more persuasive, from the classic book 'How to Win Friends... | Business Insider
- The captain of the Germanwings plane reportedly tried... | Business Insider
- Zarif confident 'all issues' in Iran talks can be... | Business Insider
- People on Twitter say #ThankYouEllenPao | Business Insider