GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Political Polling Popularity? | ZeroHedge
- Europe Opens $80 Trillion Shadow Banking Pandora's Box: Will Seek To Collapse Repo "Collateral Chains" | ZeroHedge
- Small Bombs Under $10 | iBankCoin.com
- And The Band Played On... | ZeroHedge
- The Bronze Swan Arrives: Is The End Of Copper Financing China's "Lehman Event"? | ZeroHedge
- Poll Time: Buyer or Seller Here? | iBankCoin.com
- Today’s Dow Now in Third Place | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- NBC: Boston Bomber Murdered Three People In 2011 Drug Rip-Off | Business Insider
- You Can Already See The All Of The Hedge Funders Flying Out To The Hamptons Today [MAP] | Business Insider
- The 14 Lucky Early Employees And 3 Investors Behind The $1.1 Billion Tumblr Deal... | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Mobile Commerce Grows Nearly Three Times Faster Than Desktop E-Commerce | Business Insider
- A Money Manager In Texas Is Upset That He Can't Give SAC Capital More Of His Money | Business Insider
- Jodi Arias Jurors Fail To Reach Sentencing Decision, Judge Calls For... | Business Insider