GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- According To Goldman, This Is Why China's GDP Was Better Than Expected (Spoiler Alert: Weather) | ZeroHedge
- Going Into Q3, Hedge Funds Have Never Been More Bullish | ZeroHedge
- A Robotic Rally | iBankCoin.com
- More Predictions From the Man Behind the Mask | iBankCoin.com
- Big Four Economic Indicators Near Stall Speed | Financial Sense
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
- Top Scientist Warns This Version Of Ebola Looks Like "A Very Different Bug" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Pinterest Is Continuing To Roll Out More Ads — Here's What It Looks Like For... | Business Insider
- Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies | Business Insider
- Magnificent seven for Bayern as goals rain down | Business Insider
- Here's How Liberal Or Conservative Major News... | Business Insider
- Emerging Start-... | Business Insider
- Everything About The Way We Teach Math Is Wrong | Business Insider
- Here's A Quick Guide To What Traders Are Chatting About Right Now | Business Insider