GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Long and Short of It | Financial Sense
- Analysts Line Up to Declare “Decline & Fall” of Gold After 2.6% Tumble | Financial Sense
- E-Commerce With Chinese Characteristics | Financial Sense
- Are You Prepared to Die? | iBankCoin.com
- President Unleashes The Obama Youth To Preach Obamacare Gospel | ZeroHedge
- Sync: The Unconscious Life of the Market | Financial Sense
- Too Big To Fail Banks Are Taking Over As Number Of U.S. Banks Falls To Record Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Malcolm Gladwell Explains Why He Never Roots For The Underdog | Business Insider
- How To Wear A Tie For Every Work Occasion | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know This Morning (QQQ, SPY, DIA) | Business Insider
- Nelson Mandela Never Said One Of His Most Famous 'Quotes' | Business Insider
- Why Plug Power (PLUG) Will Power Through Thursday | TheStreet.com
- An Electric Car Owner Was Arrested for Stealing Five Cents Of Electricity | Business Insider
- 7 Holiday Party Conversation Starters | Business Insider