GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Competitive Theories: “Deflation Warning” vs. “Inflation Is Nearly Everywhere” | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap Dec 18, 2014 | FundMyMutualFund
- FOMC Recap | Financial Sense
- U.S. in a Sweet Spot! | Financial Sense
- Hacking Collective Anonymous Says FBI Is Lying, "North Korea Is Not Source Of Hack" | ZeroHedge
- Viewing Russia From the Inside | Financial Sense
- Jim Grant: "The Fed Has A 3rd Mandate... The Administration Of American Equity Prices" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 16 Best Selfies From 2014 | Business Insider
- The Story Behind The Westminster Child Abuse Scandal | Business Insider
- In the dogfight over posh airline food, the sky's... | Business Insider
- 'Irresponsible' non-OPEC output behind oil... | Business Insider
- Xi warns Hong Kong and Macau in 'one China' message | Business Insider
- Public Pensions Are America's Greece | Business Insider
- Check Out This British Crowdfunding Campaign To Send A Rocket To Drill On... | Business Insider