GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- ISIS Reveals Picture Of Suicide Bomber Who Killed A Dozen In Tuesday Attack On Tunisian Capital | ZeroHedge
- Federal Reserve | ZeroHedge
- Profound Political Disunity Is Now Pitting Rising Elites Against Fading Elites | ZeroHedge
- US Inflation: Setup to Upset | Financial Sense
- The Real Value Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- It Wasn't Us - Pentagon Shrugs At "Exaggerating, Sloppy, Uncaring" Russian Jet Shootdown | ZeroHedge
- Tech Dreck | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I was skeptical about virtual reality until I watched this horrifying interactive... | Business Insider
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season... | Business Insider
- A professional school where plus-size models take on fashion industry... | Business Insider
- Inside Thailand's hauntingly gorgeous 'Loy Krathong' festival of lights | Business Insider
- POWER RANKINGS: Perfect Patriots and Panthers remain 1-2 | Business Insider
- 'No one feels safe': New Orleans on edge after... | Business Insider
- Here come initial jobless claims... | Business Insider