GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Wall Street Cyber Secure? | Financial Sense
- Volume Collapses As China Commodity Exchanges Ordered To "Curb Speculation" | ZeroHedge
- The SHOCKING Inside Scoop On Being a Guest Writer At Zero Hedge | ZeroHedge
- 15 Warning Signs of Possible Market Top, Recession Next Year | Financial Sense
- Visualizing China's Rising Dominance In Trade (In 4 Shocking Maps) | ZeroHedge
- Wait Until You Get a Pitch Right Where You Want It! | Financial Sense
- Goldman Sachs Stopped Out Of "Short Gold" Recommendation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- An Oklahoma court ruled forcible oral... | Business Insider
- A Russian Mig-31 intercepted US P-8 patrol... | Business Insider
- John Kasich clashes with a voter over gay... | Business Insider
- The incredibly successful life of Drake — music's most polarizing icon who made $40 million in... | Business Insider
- Gold and silver are spiking to their best levels in more than a year (GLD, GLX, SLV) | Business Insider
- BYU's 'honor code' is making... | Business Insider
- These 4 maps show how China is dominating global trade | Business Insider