GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Inheritance | Financial Sense
- Pepe Escobar: Here's How The Trump Presidency Will Play Out | ZeroHedge
- China Censors Trump Inauguration: "It's Forbidden For Websites To Carry Reports Of The Inauguration" | ZeroHedge
- Gold, Silver, Copper Market Analysis 1-21-2017 (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Anti-Trump Protester Reacts As Donald Trump Is Sworn In | ZeroHedge
- May Answers the Big Brexit Question | Financial Sense
- Trump Speech Preview: "Three Big Ideas" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The truth about whether you can be fired for expressing your political views at... | Business Insider
- See inside the $5.3 million Washington, DC, home that the Obamas are moving into | Business Insider
- Everyone has got China's debt problem all wrong | Business Insider
- Local lawyers are offering free legal services to... | Business Insider
- E-tailers may struggle to compete in logistics | Business Insider
- JOE SCARBOROUGH: Trump's speech 'was a primal scream aimed at... | Business Insider
- Here's why all Rolex watches have 'Swiss-made' written on them | Business Insider