GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Cheat Or Chump? - You Are Not An Investor | ZeroHedge
- Yesterday's Broad Power Outage Likely Caused By Geomagnetic Storm | ZeroHedge
- 50,000 Police Monitor As 47 Million French Voters Decide The Fate Of Europe | ZeroHedge
- Alzheimers' America - Where Shit Happens & Is Promptly Forgotten | ZeroHedge
- Our State-Corporate Plantation Economy | ZeroHedge
- American Airlines Employee Suspended After Hitting Mother, Challenging Passenger To A Fight | ZeroHedge
- IMF Drops Pledge To "Resist All Forms Of Protectionism" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Google car spin-off says Uber is involved... | Business Insider
- Oscar Isaac talks about the role that will stay with him and working... | Business Insider
- The best time of day to do different types of tasks | Business Insider
- 11 exclusive events around the world where you're most... | Business Insider
- The most expensive homes you can buy in 28 countries | Business Insider
- Terrorism experts: Trump's prediction about the French election... | Business Insider
- 5 things you didn't know you needed for your next workout | Business Insider