GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Low Oil Prices Hurting U.S. Shale Operations | Financial Sense
- The Farce Of European Stocks (In 1 Simple Chart) | ZeroHedge
- A Tale of Two Economies - It Was the Better of Times, It Was the Worst of Times | Financial Sense
- NYC Doctor Confirmed Positive For Ebola; Contact With Girlfriend (Quarantine) & 3 Others; "Unlikely" Contagious On Subway | ZeroHedge
- A Fine Week | iBankCoin.com
- Forget "Lower For Longer", The Fed's New Message Is "Sooner But Slower" | ZeroHedge
- The Similarities Between Germany and China | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Scientists Who Discovered Ebola Almost Caused A Disaster: 'It Makes Me... | Business Insider
- Laptop Computer Reviews - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Putin: Europe Can't Stop Buying Russian Gas | Business Insider
- Here's Everything We Know About NYC's 1st Ebola Patient | Business Insider
- Market Volatility Is No Reason To Freak Out | Business Insider
- Fifth of eurozone banks fail ECB health check: report | Business Insider
- Here's What It Means When Your Headache Is In A Specific Part Of Your Head... | Business Insider