GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- PBOC Hedge Fund Battle (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Dear Barack... You Forgot To Mention A Few Things | ZeroHedge
- "Folly For The Ages": After Buying Back 63 Million Shares At $83, Hess Just Sold 25 Million Shares At $39 | ZeroHedge
- Krinsky on Stock Market: Primary Trend Has Shifted to the Downside | Financial Sense
- deFANG'd | ZeroHedge
- Gold to Beat Stocks? | Financial Sense
- Germany Shuts Down Canadian Bank Tied To Money Laundering | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A staple wardrobe item for American women is getting a huge... | Business Insider
- Marco Rubio defends his 'robotic' moment: 'I would pay them... | Business Insider
- CHART: How popular social networks stack up against the biggest countries in the world | Business Insider
- Donald Trump on Obama's mosque visit: 'Maybe he feels comfortable there' | Business Insider
- RANKED: The 10 worst movies to win the best picture Oscar — and what should have won | Business Insider
- A Panthers player once took out a full-page ad in a newspaper promising... | Business Insider
- NBC's Chuck Todd had an awkward exchange with Donald Trump about how he treats... | Business Insider