GE Finally Bringing Good Things to Life, Its Stock
General Electric (GE) shares are up 2% today, trading just under $19 a share. Thanks to the recent decline in everything in equities, GE has backed down to within 12% from its 12 month low. Mastery still believes GE is a safer way to play the U.S. financial long bet while enjoying its global revenue success.
GE is making headlines today after landing a $150 million order to supply LNG technology to Malaysia's Petronas. They plan to help Petronas to double its oil and gas business in Asia over the next 3 to 5 years.
GE is looking to exploit $40 billion of projects in Indonesia and Vietnam, as well as in Malaysia, with one area of interest being off-shore LNG ventures.
Mastery has gone to bat time and time again for GE. We like the prospect of investing in GE Capital without having to buy a U.S. financial institution. However, the financial sector has taken a huge hit as of late, which is why we just published 3 Bank Stocks to Buy for Summer 2012.
General Electric shares have traded between $14.02 and $21 over the past 12 months. GE shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 14.9, EPS of 1.2, and a healthy annual dividend yield of 3.65%.
Bottom line: GE provides global revenue growth, along with a good chance of moving higher if the U.S. financial sector begins to improve. Today's deal with Petronas confirms the global story and should the banks begin to bounce back, the momentum will take GE with it.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Some Thoughts on Slowing House Price Appreciation in the U.S. | Financial Sense
- Guest Post - Rethinking the Concept of Retirement | ZeroHedge
- Making a Market Call | Financial Sense
- Q2 GDP Hopes Fade As Wholesale Inventories Miss By Most In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- Destroying The "Recessions Can't Happen Without A Yield Curve Inversion" Myth | ZeroHedge
- An Excuse to Sell | iBankCoin.com
- The Anonymous Bidder Bids Again | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Quitting Facebook For 3 Months Could Make You A Lot Happier | Business Insider
- A Lot Of Men Would Rather Do All Their Shopping Online | Business Insider
- Microsoft CEO Is Betting On A New Product You've Probably Never Heard Of: Delve | Business Insider
- Your IQ Drops 10 Points And Other Scary Side Effects Of Frequently... | Business Insider
- In Just Three Months, Facebook App Links Top 1 Billion Links Used | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Markets Are Up (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider