Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Greek Prime Minister Fails To Get Enough Votes To Elect President, Has Less Support Than Expected | ZeroHedge
- The Morality and Legality of Debt Jubilee, Part II | ZeroHedge
- U.S. vs. Global Shock | Financial Sense
- The Real Crisis Will Be North of $100 Trillion | ZeroHedge
- Crude Contagion Spreads To Investment Grade Credit: Spreads Burst To 14-Month Wides | ZeroHedge
- Energy Sector Woes Continue to Weigh on Market as Risks of Default Increase | Financial Sense
- This Wasn't Supposed To Happen: 7 In 10 Americans To Save, Spend Gas "Tax Cut" On Bills Not Gifts | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There's A New Option For People Who Have Graduated From Ikea... | Business Insider
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- Analyst Says This Is A Risky Time To Buy Tesla Stock | Business Insider
- The 15 Schools With The Most Grads At Morgan Stanley | Business Insider
- India Just Tested A Submarine Capable Of Firing Nuclear Warheads From Sea | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Market Wrap: Fed... | StreetInsider.com