Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did WalMart Close A California Store To Punish Employees Who Protested Wages And Working Conditions? | ZeroHedge
- The Minimum Price for Gold, Part II | ZeroHedge
- When The ECB Starts Buying Corporate Bonds And Stocks Here's Where It Should Look | ZeroHedge
- Coming to Terms With the American Empire | Financial Sense
- Core Inflation Jumps Most Since October Due To Rent, Healthcare Costs | ZeroHedge
- Men Go Mad In Herds | ZeroHedge
- France Considers Forcing Google to Disclose Search Algorithm; Too Much Satisfaction! | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 10 most important things in the world right now | Business Insider
- Iraq's Prime Minister doesn... | Business Insider
- Iraq checks claims Saddam deputy Izzat Ibrahim al-Duri... | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- UK unemployment just dipped to 5.6% | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek