Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Melt Up Is Upon Us | iBankCoin.com
- Five Stocks Not Giving Bears Any Comfort Today | iBankCoin.com
- The "Real" Retail Story: The Consumer Economy Remains At A Recessionary Level | ZeroHedge
- Were European Bonds Mispriced in 2012 or are they Now? | ZeroHedge
- Dear Future American Generations, You Are Screwed | ZeroHedge
- Kick Russia Out Of SWIFT, UK Demands | ZeroHedge
- French President Says "There Is Risk Of War" As Europe Plans Additional Russia Sanctions | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- College Bookstore Accidentally Hands Out... | Business Insider
- Why Facebook, Twitter and Jumei Shares Are Poised for Gains | TheStreet.com
- Here's What Happens When Senior Citizens Try... | Business Insider
- After-Hours Stock Movers... | StreetInsider.com
- T-Mobile's Relentless Attack On The Biggest Wireless Carriers Will... | Business Insider
- Here's A Video Of A Japanese Baseball Player Trying To Hit A 186 MPH Fastball | Business Insider
- What's New On Netflix Streaming In September | Business Insider