Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Delinquent Student Loans Hit Record, 30% Of 20-24 Year Olds Are Unemployed And Not In School | ZeroHedge
- Shinzo Abe’s True Agenda | Financial Sense
- Headed for Euphoria | Financial Sense
- STTG Market Recap May 22, 2013 | FundMyMutualFund
- Industry Movers & Intraday Squeezers | iBankCoin.com
- Poll Time: Buyer or Seller Here? | iBankCoin.com
- Bizarro Time As Better Data Sends Stocks Lower | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- The 11 Best Aptonyms In Finance | Business Insider
- TRIUMPH: McDonald's Has Created Its Highest Calorie Menu Item Ever | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Alex Rodriguez Reportedly Sold His Miami Beach Mansion For A $15 Million Profit | Business Insider
- Ben Bernanke Is Doing Exactly What A Good Central Banker Should Do | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com