Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Earnings Parade Accelerates | Financial Sense
- Full Geneva Statement On Ukraine "De-escalation" | ZeroHedge
- Big Four Economic Indicators See Strong Advance | Financial Sense
- India’s Nuclear Energy Future at Risk in Elections | Financial Sense
- The Great Stock Buyback Craze Is Finally Ending | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Tanks Stopped By Unarmed Woman | ZeroHedge
- Is U.S. Media Coverage of Ukraine and Syria Even WORSE than Its Coverage of Iraq? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Heartbleed Bug Is Mostly Fixed, But There Are Still More Than 20,000 Websites Vulnerable | Business Insider
- The 11 Worst Body Language Mistakes Professionals Make | Business Insider
- Seth Rogen Slams Nancy Grace Over Her Anti-Marijuana Tweets | Business Insider
- Elon Musk's Revolutionary Rocket Test Probably Won't Be A Complete Success | Business Insider
- Singer Lawsuit Is Tied To Marc Collins-Rector, Infamous Child Abuser Of... | Business Insider
- NATO COMMANDER: Ukraine 'Activists' Are Clearly A... | Business Insider
- One Reason Why We Don't Quit Cable TV | TheStreet.com