Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Target2 Imbalances Grow: ECB Overtakes Greece as Third Largest Debtor | Financial Sense
- Belgium Is Seeing A Surge In Citizenship Requests From UK Expats | ZeroHedge
- JPM Head Quant Explains How The Algos Traded The Brexit Crash, And Why He Sees "Elevated Risk" | ZeroHedge
- Another Attempt To Explain The Volumeless Rally, Now From JPM: "A Function Of Disbelief And Skepticism" | ZeroHedge
- Silver Market Set To Break Out Above 20 Dollars (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Tesla Tumbles After Fatal "Auto Pilot" Car Crash | ZeroHedge
- Mainstream Media Explains The Benghazi Report | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China just hinted it could increase fintech regulation | Business Insider
- 27 travel hacks that even frequent fliers don't know | Business Insider
- 10 street foods you have to try in Rio de Janeiro | Business Insider
- Jessica Williams is leaving 'The Daily Show' | Business Insider
- 21 ways to have a stylish and organized workspace | Business Insider
- There's a parasite in China sucking up money faster than the... | Business Insider
- ATM fee dispute goes to Supreme Court (MA, V) | Business Insider