Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Technology Could End the Debate Over Pipeline Safety | Financial Sense
- The Eurozone Is a Growing Problem for U.S. Economy | Financial Sense
- Will Ukraine Retake the East From Separatists? | Financial Sense
- Ron Paul: Perhaps Obama's "Lack Of Strategy Is A Glimmer Of Hope" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Tumbles Most In 6 Weeks As USD Surges | ZeroHedge
- The Trillion Dollar Bet | iBankCoin.com
- US Troops Are Heading To Ukraine | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- ISIS Reportedly Executes 2nd American Journalist | Business Insider
- Fukushima workers to sue TEPCO for danger pay | Business Insider
- This Is The Best Evidence We’ve Seen For The Gigantic 5.5 Inch iPhone 6 | Business Insider
- The 28 Coolest New Businesses In New York City | Business Insider
- STOCKS GO NOWHERE: Here's What You Need To Know (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, TSLA, HD, SPLS, ODP,... | Business Insider
- US forces conduct operation in Somalia: Pentagon | Business Insider