Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Template for the End Game: Lies and Fraud Followed by Bail-Ins | ZeroHedge
- 5 Things To Ponder: Independence Day Reading | ZeroHedge
- Greeks Flood Syntagma Square To Celebrate "No" Vote | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines Come and Go, Markets Endure | Financial Sense
- Events Continue to Conspire Against The Fed | Financial Sense
- BofA's Dire Prediction: Only Direct Government Buying Can Save China Stocks Now | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- The unbelievable story behind the 'Back to Back World War Champs' tank top | Business Insider
- 'Shark Tank' investor Robert Herjavec explains the 4 most... | Business Insider
- Polling opens in crucial Greece bailout referendum | Business Insider
- Back in 2000, the CIA made 8 predictions on what life would be like in 2015 | Business Insider
- This Republican presidential candidate has the sickest Donald Trump burn yet | Business Insider
- Hamilton takes pole at home Grand Prix | Business Insider