Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Will Yellen Resign If Trump Wins | ZeroHedge
- Apple, Nasdaq Slide On Report Of Exploding iPhone 7 | ZeroHedge
- John Embry: The Fundamental Attraction of Gold | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Declined in August, Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- "There's A Real Problem Here" - Did Fed's Plosser Just Admit Trump Is Right About Yellen? | ZeroHedge
- The Not so Silent Demise of Deutsche Bank | Financial Sense
- "It’s A Lot More Negative Than People Think" - China Beige Book Issues Stark Warning About The Economy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Japanese bachelors are playing with dolls to help them find wives | Business Insider
- A Tesla Model S was driving with Autopilot when it got into a bus crash in Germany... | Business Insider
- Uber is getting serious about tackling the self-driving truck industry | Business Insider
- Spotify is in 'advanced talks' to buy rival SoundCloud | Business Insider
- Look at how many executives have left Twitter over the years | Business Insider
- The 20 hottest housing markets in America | Business Insider
- THE... | Business Insider