Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Cost of Stagnation: We're Living In Limbo | ZeroHedge
- Liar Loans Pop up in Canada’s Magnificent Housing Bubble | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Announcement Met With Disdain | iBankCoin.com
- Market Recap Jul 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Bernie, The Koch Brothers, & Open Borders | ZeroHedge
- Chicago PMI Jumps To 6-Month Highs As UMich Consumer "Hope" Tumbles To 2015 Lows | ZeroHedge
- The Swiss National Bank Is Long $94 Billion In Stocks, Reports Record Loss Equal To 7% Of Swiss GDP | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A new Apple TV is coming in September | Business Insider
- Parents are taking their kids to Burning Man, and one 11 year old thinks it... | Business Insider
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com
- How to make sure your Facebook is as secure as possible (FB) | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Big game hunting may actually protect endangered species | Business Insider