Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Two Major Factors That Will Drive Markets In Q4 According To SocGen (Spoiler: Not The Fed) | ZeroHedge
- "I Would Say Don't Worry" Says Chinese Central Banker As Indian Central Banker Says "World Economy Is Looking Grim" | ZeroHedge
- At Least "Black Box" Glencore Is Less Complex Than Enron | ZeroHedge
- Momo Massacre: Biotechs Are Crashing, Turn Red For 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Milton Friedman Accurately Explains Today’s Immigration Problem | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: October 7 | ZeroHedge
- NYSE Short Interest Surges To Record, Pre-Lehman Level | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- John Oliver skewers politicians who blame gun violence on mental illness... | Business Insider
- Fiat Chrysler, UAW bargaining as strike threat looms | Business Insider
- High court weighs 3 death sentences in Kansas cases | Business Insider
- Bank of China ordered to release counterfeiters'... | Business Insider
- German exports down 5.2 percent in August, surplus narrows... | Business Insider
- Despite sunny forecast, South Carolina ordeal far from... | Business Insider
- California agency to eye bigger whale tanks at SeaWorld | Business Insider