Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Inflation Watch: How Much $1 Used To Get You! | ZeroHedge
- Better Days Ahead | Financial Sense
- You Are Now Entering the No Selfie Zone | iBankCoin.com
- Obama's 'War On Terror' Simplified | ZeroHedge
- August Retail Sales Rose Broadly | Financial Sense
- Yes, This is a Very Nice Market | iBankCoin.com
- A Simple Primer On "War Propaganda" From An Unexpected Source | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New York Gubernatorial Candidate Attacked For Being A Dolphins Fan | Business Insider
- There's Another Huge Independence Movement That's About To Send Shockwaves Through... | Business Insider
- The Man Who Steve Jobs Considered For Apple’s CEO Is Back With A Startup That Lights... | Business Insider
- Oscar Pistorius Will Be Allowed To Compete In The Paralympics After... | Business Insider
- Guy Who Once Tried To Be The World's Richest Person Now Might End Up As The... | Business Insider
- 49 Beautiful Old New York Buildings That No Longer Exist | Business Insider
- Jets Player Whispers 'Timeout' In Ref's Ear,... | Business Insider