Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japan Scrambles Jets In Response To Chinese Military Planes | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In Socialist Utopia... | ZeroHedge
- Does Russia Need To Sell Gas More Than The EU Needs To Buy It? | ZeroHedge
- Ukrainian Drone Captures Video Of Russian Troops Fortifying In The Crimea | ZeroHedge
- How Will Volcker Rule Affect Markets? | Financial Sense
- Walking Down the Noir Alley of Smokes | iBankCoin.com
- Another East-Ukraine City Falls To Pro-Russian Protesters As Ukraine Denies Sending Troops To Crimea | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Four Arrested Trying To Smuggle Guns Into Mexico | Business Insider
- US Tech Company Had 20 Employees On Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight | Business Insider
- Twitter Can't Stop Talking About The 'True Detective' Finale | Business Insider
- Get Excited For The Cosmos Premier With These Incredible Images Of The Universe | Business Insider
- Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: How to Value a Stock | TheStreet.com
- This Student Is Building An Epic Replica Of Manhattan Inside Minecraft | Business Insider