Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Ally Saudi Arabia's New King Likes Beheading People More Than His Predecessor | ZeroHedge
- Buy! And Hold? | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Drops "Independence" From Central Bank Mandate As NATO's Favorite Autocrat Strikes Again | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's Meteoronomists Have A Dire Forecast: "Winter Is Coming" | ZeroHedge
- China Unleashes Perfect Storm Of Bad News Prompting Stock Market Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: China Builds A Bridge In Just 43 Hours | ZeroHedge
- Geopolitical Tension Tops Revised GDP | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Goldman Sachs is getting advice on management from the England... | Business Insider
- White House undergoes holiday lockdown after man jumps... | Business Insider
- This YouTuber created an unbelievably realistic Thanksgiving dinner entirely out of... | Business Insider
- These 36 stores are refusing to open their doors to Black Friday shoppers on Thanksgiving... | Business Insider
- Les Miles will reportedly be out at LSU before their bowl game, despite hefty $15 million buyout... | Business Insider
- Poland will not extradite Roman Polanski to the US | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek