Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Caught On Tape - Some Folks Jumped The White House Fence, Again | ZeroHedge
- Plunging Oil Prices a Game-Changer for Major Pipeline Projects | Financial Sense
- The Canadian Patriot Act Arrives: Ottawa To Give Security Agencies More "Detention And Surveillance" Powers | ZeroHedge
- Biotechs Hit Record High, +11.5% From Yellen's "Stretched Valuations" Warning | ZeroHedge
- China, Europe & Earnings at Home | Financial Sense
- This Is How Caterpillar Just Blew Away Q3 Earnings | ZeroHedge
- 25 Banks Said To Fail European Stress Test, 10 In Talks On Capital Shortfall | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This App Scans Your Proportions And Mails You A Custom-Fitted Shirt | Business Insider
- GRUBER: Apple's Entry Level iPads 'Work Against The Foundation Of Apple’s Brand... | Business Insider
- LeBron James Is Hyper-Aware Of Body Language After Spending The Summer Researching... | Business Insider
- Here’s A Reminder Of Just How Important AWS Is To Amazon (AMZN) | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- At Least 9 UNC... | Business Insider
- Australian Doctors Transplant 'Dead'... | Business Insider