Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Economic Hope Crashes By Most Since 2013 Government Shutdown | ZeroHedge
- This Is How You "Boost" GDP: US Sells Over $4 Billion In Weapons To Israel, Iran And Saudi Arabia | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed Hovers Near 15-Month Lows, Prices Paid Collapse Most Since Lehman | ZeroHedge
- With ISIS Controlling "More Than Half Of Syria", The US Prepares To Pounce | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: 10 Images That Suggest America Is Becoming A Lot Like Nazi Germany | ZeroHedge
- I’m Gonna Blow Your Mind With This Post | iBankCoin.com
- Dear FBI: Here Is Today's Market Manipulation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This insane device promises perfect vision for the rest of your life... | Business Insider
- 10 stunning portraits from the 2015 National Geographic... | Business Insider
- PayPal President: After the eBay split, we'll... | Business Insider
- Trading... | StreetInsider.com
- 14 gorgeous photos of beaches in Croatia | Business Insider
- The world's economic growth is on a knife edge because of booming... | Business Insider
- The 10 things in advertising you need to know today (MCD, TWTR, WMT,... | Business Insider