Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- America's Big Red Forex Button - MOST IMPORTANT FOREX FACT | ZeroHedge
- Uncertain Global Growth and Policy Environment | Financial Sense
- 2008 Deja Vu? Treasury Warns Congress - Bailout Puerto Rico Or Risk "Chaotic Unwinds... Cascading Defaults" | ZeroHedge
- Seymour Hersh Says Hillary Approved Sending Libya's Sarin To Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Foreign Minister Repeats Warning To US Over Sept 11 Law | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: May 2 | ZeroHedge
- Every Time This Has Happened, A Recession Followed | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This futuristic chair rocks, spins, and flips | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs is going down-market | Business Insider
- Fans are freaking out over Sunday's huge 'Game of Thrones' episode | Business Insider
- Devastating photos offer a glimpse inside Syria's fiercest battleground — one of the 3... | Business Insider
- Visa launches startup challenge (V) | Business Insider
- 6 great part time jobs to earn money after you retire | Business Insider
- A hotel in Chile features the world's largest swimming pool | Business Insider