Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Where Facebook's Second Quarter User Growth And Revenue Generation Was In Charts | ZeroHedge
- High-Yield Bonds "Extremely Overvalued" For Longest Period Ever | ZeroHedge
- Whi(t)ney Tilson Does It Again | ZeroHedge
- Crises Take Longer Coming Than You Think, and Happen Much Faster Than You Thought | Financial Sense
- World Oil Production – Where Are We Headed? | Financial Sense
- Is the Market Due for Another 10% Correction? | Financial Sense
- Putin Speaks: Will Respond "Adequately" To Ongoing NATO Buildup; "Wont Tighten Screws" In Response To Threats | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Restaurant Industry Still Hasn't Recovered From The Recession | Business Insider
- Cafe In Ireland Faces Backlash After Banning 'Loud Americans' | Business Insider
- 11 Habits Of Extremely Boring People | Business Insider
- How Your Diet Is Stressing You Out | Business Insider
- Cisco CEO: The First Person You Fire Is One Of The Most Important Decisions You... | Business Insider
- CHINESE MANUFACTURING BEATS EXPECTATIONS, SURGES TO 18-MONTH HIGH (FXI, EWH) | Business Insider
- The Best Player In This Year's Golf Majors Has Yet To Win | Business Insider