Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Wrap: All Eyes On Yellen Who Better Not Disappoint | ZeroHedge
- Stab, er... I Mean... Beggar Thy Neighbor - It's ALL OUT (Currency) WAR! Pt 2 | ZeroHedge
- It’s Not The Greeks Who Failed, It’s The EU | ZeroHedge
- "Greece Is Bear Stearns. Italy Is Lehman" - 7 Quick Points On Europe | ZeroHedge
- Singapore Enters The Currency Wars: Weakens SGD By Most In 3 Years | ZeroHedge
- Baltic Dry Index: 666 | ZeroHedge
- Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Honors Dead Saudi King With Essay Competition - Here's Our Entry | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Greek euro membership depends on sticking to... | Business Insider
- Big, Beautiful Photos Of What Apple's Next iPad Could Look Like (AAPL) | Business Insider
- The 3 Biggest Takeaways From Microsoft's Earnings Report | TheStreet.com
- The Biggest Concern With The Apple Watch Has Nothing To Do With The Actual Watch (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today (AAPL, YHOO, TWTR, IBM) | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Spanish casket bears 'Quixote' author's initials | Business Insider