Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 9 Lessons From The Reagan Tax Cuts | ZeroHedge
- Instant Tax Collection: As Bitcoin Surges to Record High, China Prepares its Own Digital Currency | Financial Sense
- Gold Price 'Struggling' as Trump 'Set to Sway' Fed Interest Rates | Financial Sense
- "They Want You Purged" - NRA Head Rages Against Violent Left "Terrorists" | ZeroHedge
- NY Times: "Every Time Trump Tweets It Drives Our Subscriptions Wildly" | ZeroHedge
- Estate Planning for Asset Protection | Financial Sense
- Kim Murder Suspect Says She Was Paid $90 To Rub VX Toxin On His Face | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Warren Buffett's racked up a $1.6 billion gain in his... | Business Insider
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Access an exclusive BI Intelligence report for FREE today | Business Insider
- The Jaguar F-PACE sets a new standard for beauty in luxury SUVs | Business Insider
- Man accused of shouting 'get out of my country' before shooting... | Business Insider
- An HBO exec talks about how to transform a YouTube show into an... | Business Insider
- 10 practical daily habits that will radically improve... | Business Insider