Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Super Bowl 50 - What Has Changed In The US Since 1967 | ZeroHedge
- What Is The Gold Standard? | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street's Biggest Permabull Slashes US Growth Outlook (Again), Says No Chance Of March Rate Hike | ZeroHedge
- After Crashing, Deutsche Bank Is Forced To Issue Statement Defending Its Liquidity | ZeroHedge
- Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one. | ZeroHedge
- Credit Better Be Wrong This Time | ZeroHedge
- Treasury Yield Curve Crashes To 8-Year Lows, Financials Follow | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This analyst believes... | Business Insider
- HEDGE FUND MANAGER: Cord-cutting isn't going to kill Comcast (CMCSA) | Business Insider
- Here's how your coffee beans go from green to inside of your latte | Business Insider
- Here are 36 unique interview questions companies are asking that are fun to... | Business Insider
- The best business school for your money may surprise you | Business Insider
- Samsung's new Galaxy phone could have amazing battery life | Business Insider
- Happy Chinese New Year! This is... | Business Insider