Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Giulio Meotti: Islam, Not Christianity, Is Saturating Europe | ZeroHedge
- Trump To Sign "Energy Independence" Order Killing Obama's Climate Change Initiatives | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Officially Begins: EU Receives Article 50 Notice From The UK; What Happens Next | ZeroHedge
- The Robots Win: Blackrock Bets On Computers Over Human Stock Pickers, Fires Dozens | ZeroHedge
- Judge Napolitano Returns On Fox News, Stands By Claim Brits Spied On Trump | ZeroHedge
- Buchanan On The Ryancare Route: Winning By Losing? | ZeroHedge
- New Study Says Robots Took All Of Detroit's Jobs, Not Mexico | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The fight for a key dam in Syria could lead to 'catastrophe' for hundreds of thousands... | Business Insider
- The Internet of... | Business Insider
- China is building a new base in Africa that creates 'significant operational... | Business Insider
- Here's everything we know about the next 'Pirates of the Caribbean... | Business Insider
- HSBC shares trial results on new app | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Republican leaders have diverging views on whether or not Democrats should celebrate the 'Trumpcare... | Business Insider