Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Only Notable Thing About Today's Beige Book Release... | ZeroHedge
- Global Oil Glut Could Further Depress Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- As 1000s Mourn At Nemtsov's Funeral, Seven Main Conspiracy Theories Emerge | ZeroHedge
- IMF Director Admits: Greek Bailout Was "To Save German & French Banks" | ZeroHedge
- Putin Condemns "Brazen Murder Of Boris Nemtsov" As "Politically Motivated" | ZeroHedge
- Petrodollar Mercantilism Explained In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Goldman Warns Snow May Leads To Lower Jobs Number, But Snowstorms Will Result In Higher Wages | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A photographer set out to meet 100 Russians at every age, and... | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime... | StreetInsider.com
- Australians on Indonesia death row leave for execution... | Business Insider
- Indonesia is executing foreign criminals on a remote prison... | Business Insider
- Australia floats prisoner swap to save Indonesia pair | Business Insider
- Pussy Riot makes a bold cameo in 'House of Cards' season 3 | Business Insider
- This comment from Justice Kennedy could signal a win for Obamacare | Business Insider