Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New International Gang Of Thieves Make Somali Pirates Look Like Amateurs | ZeroHedge
- Trend Changes and the Dangers of Crying Wolf | Financial Sense
- As the ‘Sanctions War’ Heats Up, Will Putin Play His Gold Card? | Financial Sense
- Gold & Silver Surge, Recover Swiss Gold Poll Losses As EURCHF Hits Lows | ZeroHedge
- Goldman's "Best Ideas" Hedge Fund Is Down 2.6% In 2014 | ZeroHedge
- The NY Fed's Attempt To Explain That It Is Not A Subsidiary Of Goldman Sachs | ZeroHedge
- Japan Falls Into Surprise Recession | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- TED CRUZ: White House Has 'Been Smoking Something' If... | Business Insider
- Virgin America Pilots Look to Join Air Line Pilots Association | TheStreet.com
- Housing Starts Unexpectedly Drop In October (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, IWM, XHB) | Business Insider
- OBAMA: 'Our Immigration System Is Broken' And Here's... | Business Insider
- Ugandan priest found dead in Mexico denounced violence | Business Insider
- Japan's Biggest Problem Is Basically Unfixable | Business Insider
- Uber Is Looking To Hire An Opposition Researcher Who Can 'Weaponize... | Business Insider