Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- White Anger: Fed Helped Elect Trump; Tale of Two Job Markets | Financial Sense
- Meanwhile On Main Street, Fast-Food Traffic Drops For The First Time In Five Years | ZeroHedge
- Technical Risk Management Rules (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Trump Is Correct – Boeing Is Gouging The Taxpayer On The New Air Force One | ZeroHedge
- Gold Suffers Sharp Decline as Oil Jumps | Financial Sense
- The Aftermath of the US Election And Its Implications Moving Forward | Financial Sense
- The OPEC Deal: Here Are the Details | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Harvard scientist just won $3 million for discovering the hidden '... | Business Insider
- The 10 best iPhone apps of 2016, according to Apple (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Singapore can't afford to be pushed around by China | Business Insider
- Democrats have no good outcomes if they try to oppose Mattis for Defense... | Business Insider
- How a strange cooking show with Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart... | Business Insider
- This futuristic lamp can do everything an Amazon Echo does (AMZN, GE) | Business Insider
- How to stop using filler words like ‘um' and 'uh' in... | Business Insider