Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Great Graphic: Changes in South African Inequality During Mandela’s Life | Financial Sense
- Weekly Sentiment Report: The Biggest Bubble | ZeroHedge
- In Hilarious Twist Herbalife Strikes Back At Bill Ackman, Tells His Investors To Pull Their Money | ZeroHedge
- The 5×5 Trick To Make Life Better | Altucher Confidential
- Caption Contest: If Gold Is Broken, They "Fix" It | ZeroHedge
- The Hunger for Munger | iBankCoin.com
- The Time to Be Bearish Is When Breadth Is Weak, Which Clearly Isn’t Now | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's What The Bears Get Dead Wrong About This Controversial Corporate Profits Chart | Business Insider
- Chinese Consumer Prices Rise 3% | Business Insider
- If Only Intel Didn't Date Losers | TheStreet.com
- Adventurer Who Inspired James Franco Movie '127 Hours' Arrested For Domestic... | Business Insider
- Eight Big Tech Companies Demand That The Government Changes How It Spies And... | Business Insider
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- One Powerful Chart That Shows The Era Of Deleveraging Is... | Business Insider