Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Aggressive Chinese Intervention Prevents Another Rout, Sends Stocks Soaring 5% In Last Trading Hour; US Futures Jump | ZeroHedge
- When The Yen Was A Last Resort Safety Bid, You Know It Was Bad | ZeroHedge
- Aug 28 - Fed George: Prepared for Rate Hike, Despite Selloff | ZeroHedge
- VIX ETF Surges After Serious Short Squeeze For 5th Day In A Row | ZeroHedge
- Tiffany Stock Tumbles After Revenue And Profit Drops, EPS Slide 16%; Forecast Cut; Strong Dollar Blamed | ZeroHedge
- Why the $20 Oil Predictions Are Wrong | Financial Sense
- Frontrunning: August 28 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Black Lives Matter: 'We will continue to engage the candidates' | Business Insider
- Donald Trump may be helping Ted Cruz with his 'endgame' | Business Insider
- Top Guatemala prosecutor urges Perez to resign | Business Insider
- Events mark Emmett Till slaying 60 years later | Business Insider
- Twitter sets modest goals to diversity its workforce | Business Insider
- Facebook is reportedly gearing up for a showdown with Russia (FB... | Business Insider
- 50 Cent is putting his 50,000-square-foot palace back... | Business Insider