Finally Gorilla Glass has its Day
Corning Inc. (GLW) had its day in the sun today and finally made a few believes on Wall Street. The stock finshed up 6.8% to $12.13
Recall in the summer when we wrote 3 Stocks going Shining Style on Shareholders (NFLX, GLW, XRX). Corning proved its weight in Gorilla Glass today when the company upped its guidance for Q4.
"We believe Corning Gorilla Glass, now on more than 1 billion devices in the market worldwide, could achieve $1 billion in sales this year...
Revised expectations for Cornings Specialty Materials segment and its key driver, Corning Gorilla Glass sales. Fourth-quarter segment sales are expected to increase by about 5% over a record third-quarter performance, driven by numerous new consumer electronics product introductions and increased supply chain demand. Gorilla Glass sales remain very strong. Our Specialty Materials segment year-over-year sales, driven by the strength of Gorilla Glass, are expected to be up approximately 60% this quarter."
The market responded very positive to Corning which has been a roller coaster ride since summer. After a double-bottom in GLW shares, it could be headed higher into 2013.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is The EU Volcano About To Erupt? | ZeroHedge
- Energy Analysts at the Big Banks are Not Very Good These Days (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Gold Futures See Massive $1.5 Billion "Non Profit" Liquidation In "One Minute" | ZeroHedge
- Is Portugal The Next "Shoe To Drop" In Europe? | ZeroHedge
- Demographic HomeMageddon Underway... Will Last Until At Least 2035 | ZeroHedge
- Barack Obama May Have Finally Destroyed America's #1 Advantage | ZeroHedge
- Total Societal Collapse: What The Media Isn't Telling You About Venezuela | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why you must watch this movie about one of the most horrific moments in TV... | Business Insider
- I'm worth $1.5 million, and I'd... | Business Insider
- These 12 facts might give you a new perspective on the Civil War | Business Insider
- THE FALSE... | Business Insider
- A massive T-Rex skull was just unearthed in Montana | Business Insider
- Tableau shares are flying after replacing its founding CEO with... | Business Insider
- The 25 top-trending tourist attractions this summer, according to TripAdvisor | Business Insider