No Money Lost Today: Its a Good Day
It could always be worse and just think of today and tomorrow as a chance to not lose any money in the market. Of course you won't make anything either but Hurricane Sandy could give a rat's ass about life was we know it. Some help from Ice Cube will help us all.
Hard to believe but there will be no trading stocks today or tomorrow. More than 60 million Americans are likely to be impacted by Hurricane Sandy and experts are already forecasting damages in the range of $2 billion to $100 billion.
The last time the New York Stock Exchange closed because of a weather-related event was on Sept. 27, 1985, when Hurricane Gloria pounded the East Coast.
Count your blessings because today...
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Poisonous Printing Press | ZeroHedge
- Judd Gregg Redefines "Revolving Door" - From US Senator, To Goldman Sachs Advisor, To Head Of SIFMA | ZeroHedge
- White House Damage Control Script Jeopardized By New Disclosures | ZeroHedge
- What Inflation Means to You: Inside the Consumer Price Index | Financial Sense
- The S&P 500 Is Now a Gambler's Paradise With 76.9% Up Days in May So Far | Financial Sense
- TIPS=TOP | ZeroHedge
- The New New York Housing Bubble: Park Avenue "Maids Quarters" Studio For $3.9 Million | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- And There Goes The Japanese Market Spiking Again | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know This Morning | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Herbalife's Stock Is Ripping | Business Insider
- Trying To Squeeze Everything From Employees Leads To Fraud | Business Insider
- Computer Industry Pioneer: I've Figured... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek