Americans: I Want an iPad for XMAS
Its official, every kid in America wants an iPad from Apple Inc (AAPL). Mastery believes enough parents are going to opt for the cheaper Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 by Google Inc. (GOOG) thanks to the iPad craze.
A Nielsen survey found 48% of kids aged 6 to 12 and 21% of kids over 13 years of age want to buy an iPad (AAPL) over the next 6 months. We anticipate the real Christmas wish list goes something like this: iPad, Nexus 10, Mini iPad, Nexus 7, then everything else.
Analysts believe Apple will sell 23 million iPads this quarter, followed by 19 million iPads next quarter. Google's Nexus 7 went on sale in July and the buzz says they are selling around 1 million per month. The Nexus 7 is taking a small bite from iPad sales, but its better than nothing. Everyone expects iPad and iPad Mini sales to pick up thanks to Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the shopping days leading up to Christmas. If Google can continue its 1 million a month mark and add to it with Nexus 10 sales -- Q4 is going to shape up well. The Nexus 4 won't hold a candle to the iPhone 5 sales this holiday season but its all great news for both Apple and Google. When it comes to shopping online Google made our Cue the 5 Best Cyber Monday Stocks list.
HOW THE STOCKS ARE TRADING
Google Inc (GOOG) shares are trading with a P/E Ratio of 20.9 and EPS of 31.92. Google closed at $665.87 today, its 16.42% from its 52-week low. Apple Inc (AAPL) shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 12.8 and EPS of 44.16. Apple Inc 's (AAPL) closed at $561.70 and its shares are 25.52% below its 12 month high.
Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG) shares are both wonderful, they are both "Buys" in our book. When it comes to the tablet choice, the smaller size is more convenient. Not only is it cheaper but the smaller size fits better into purses and backpacks. The iPad Mini and Nexus 7 takes less room when traveling and that 3 inch difference makes it easier to handle on airplanes.
Can't make up your mind which to buy, the iPad Mini or the Nexus 7? Here's a great 5 minute comparison of iPad Mini vs. Nexus 7 to help guide your decision:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Fed is Literally Broadcasting That It's Going to Let Inflation Run Wild | ZeroHedge
- "We Are Late In The Game": David Rosenberg On The Market's Flashing Red Signs | ZeroHedge
- Caught On Tape: ISIS Destroys Abrams Tank With Anti-Tank Missile | ZeroHedge
- Don Coxe: Raise Cash, Hold Gold | Financial Sense
- The Smoking Gun: Cheryl Mills Tells Podesta "We Need To Clean This Up - Obama Has Emails From Her" | ZeroHedge
- Rents Are Too Damn High: NYC Retail Vacancies Soar As Commercial Rents Start To Rollover | ZeroHedge
- Clinton Campaign Chair Had Dinner With Top DOJ Official One Day After Hillary's Benghazi Hearing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Putin dismisses 'hysteria' over Russian... | Business Insider
- LG Chem is bringing its at-home battery to the US — and it... | Business Insider
- What you need to know on Wall Street right now | Business Insider
- 5 things you can do to make managing your money less... | Business Insider
- The Democratic National... | Business Insider
- 'Things are not good': Republicans may be on the... | Business Insider
- Twitter's stock is popping on 'market gossip... | Business Insider