Americans: I Want an iPad for XMAS
Its official, every kid in America wants an iPad from Apple Inc (AAPL). Mastery believes enough parents are going to opt for the cheaper Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 by Google Inc. (GOOG) thanks to the iPad craze.
A Nielsen survey found 48% of kids aged 6 to 12 and 21% of kids over 13 years of age want to buy an iPad (AAPL) over the next 6 months. We anticipate the real Christmas wish list goes something like this: iPad, Nexus 10, Mini iPad, Nexus 7, then everything else.
Analysts believe Apple will sell 23 million iPads this quarter, followed by 19 million iPads next quarter. Google's Nexus 7 went on sale in July and the buzz says they are selling around 1 million per month. The Nexus 7 is taking a small bite from iPad sales, but its better than nothing. Everyone expects iPad and iPad Mini sales to pick up thanks to Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the shopping days leading up to Christmas. If Google can continue its 1 million a month mark and add to it with Nexus 10 sales -- Q4 is going to shape up well. The Nexus 4 won't hold a candle to the iPhone 5 sales this holiday season but its all great news for both Apple and Google. When it comes to shopping online Google made our Cue the 5 Best Cyber Monday Stocks list.
HOW THE STOCKS ARE TRADING
Google Inc (GOOG) shares are trading with a P/E Ratio of 20.9 and EPS of 31.92. Google closed at $665.87 today, its 16.42% from its 52-week low. Apple Inc (AAPL) shares trade with a P/E Ratio of 12.8 and EPS of 44.16. Apple Inc 's (AAPL) closed at $561.70 and its shares are 25.52% below its 12 month high.
Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG) shares are both wonderful, they are both "Buys" in our book. When it comes to the tablet choice, the smaller size is more convenient. Not only is it cheaper but the smaller size fits better into purses and backpacks. The iPad Mini and Nexus 7 takes less room when traveling and that 3 inch difference makes it easier to handle on airplanes.
Can't make up your mind which to buy, the iPad Mini or the Nexus 7? Here's a great 5 minute comparison of iPad Mini vs. Nexus 7 to help guide your decision:
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- While the World Watches Greece THIS is Happening | ZeroHedge
- "There Are Obvious Signs Of Distress" In The Manufacturing Industry | ZeroHedge
- Barry Bannister on Greece | Financial Sense
- Reflections on France | Financial Sense
- Since 2007 The US Has Lost 1.4 Million Manufacturers, Gained 1.4 Million Waiters And Bartenders | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines Come and Go, Markets Endure | Financial Sense
- Robot Kills Worker At German Car Factory | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Duo shares Greenbrier lead, Woods in contention | Business Insider
- China's slowdown is bad news for the world's big industrial exporters | Business Insider
- Payments-tech companies like PayPal and Square are moving aggressively... | Business Insider
- European stock markets slip awaiting Greek vote | Business Insider
- Philippines halts ferry rescue as hopes for survivors... | Business Insider
- All eyes on Messi at Copa America climax | Business Insider
- China firm to punish 'unscheduled' pregnancies: report... | Business Insider