Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Geopolitics and Markets | Financial Sense
- All Major US Equity Indices Are Now Down Since MH17 Crashed | ZeroHedge
- The Best And Worst Performing Assets In July And YTD | ZeroHedge
- Lucky Charms on Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Tumble To Lows As Post-Payrolls Exuberance Fades, 10Y Yield At 2.50% | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: The EU's Anti-Austerity Hypocrites | ZeroHedge
- Expect Higher Treasury Yields in Second Half | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Stocks Sink Again, Dow Down 110 (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, TSLA, SGMS, BYI, GPRO, IWM, TLT, ARGT) | Business Insider
- Kellogg Prof. Promotes 'Fewer Bigger Bolder' to Achieve Growth | TheStreet.com
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- GRAPHIC: Paul George Suffered A Horrific Leg Injury During Team USA Scrimmage... | Business Insider
- Tesla Isn't Even Trying to Push The Model X SUV On Interested Customers | Business Insider
- How To Find The Best Places To Live When You Work Remotely | Business Insider
- Here's Why The Volume And Average Value Of US Mortgages Are Diverging | Business Insider