Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Markets Stumble After China Slashes Growth Target For 2015, Warns "Downward Pressure Growing" | ZeroHedge
- Market Wrap: Futures Slide Despite Latest Central Bank Easing Blitz | ZeroHedge
- China Blasts Obama's "Paranoid, Narrow-Minded, Arrogant, & Hypocritical" Foreign Policy | ZeroHedge
- Are Weak Earnings Signaling Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- Petrodollar Mercantilism Explained In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Poland Cuts Rates More Than Expected, 21st Central Bank "Policy Ease" Of The Year | ZeroHedge
- GDP Shocker: Atlanta Fed Calculates Q1 Growth Of Only 1.2% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A group of protestors will try to levitate Vice's... | Business Insider
- It is time for Amazon Web Services to get out of Amazon | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com
- John Doerr: The two women who complained about harassment at... | Business Insider
- PCH buys the remains of once-hot startup Fab | Business Insider
- NASA has a plan to take the most detailed scans the world’s forests ever... | Business Insider
- Peter Thiel: Google's lucrative search monopoly may be about to end | Business Insider