Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Van Hoisington And The Fed's Bubble: "Overtrading" And "Discredit" Always End In "Revulsion" | ZeroHedge
- Oil Prices Continue to Define Geopolitics | Financial Sense
- Wall Street Is One Sick Puppy - Thanks To Even Sicker Central Banks | ZeroHedge
- Chart Of The Day: "Cost Of Living" Edition | ZeroHedge
- Guest Post: There Is A Plunge Protection Team - It’s Called The FOMC | ZeroHedge
- The Canadian Patriot Act Arrives: Ottawa To Give Security Agencies More "Detention And Surveillance" Powers | ZeroHedge
- New York's First Ebola Case? Doctor Treating Ebola Patients In Guinea Rushed To Bellevue Hosptial | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Milwaukee Bucks Fooled An Entire Defense With A Fake Timeout And Got An... | Business Insider
- Bankrupt Apple Sapphire Supplier Is Getting Out Of The... | Business Insider
- HBO's 'Silicon Valley' Just Started Shooting Season 2 And It... | Business Insider
- HOUSE OF THE DAY: Go Inside Jennifer Lawrence's New $8 Million Beverly Hills... | Business Insider
- Randomly Investing In Emerging Markets Isn't Going To Fly Anymore | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek