Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lessons From a Failed Prediction | Financial Sense
- How China's Currency Policies Will Change the World | Financial Sense
- The China Slowdown: Who Loses in the Middle East? | Financial Sense
- Charting The Rise Of Bernie (And Demise Of Republicans) | ZeroHedge
- Bull Or Bear? | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Refugee Crisis Solved? An Egyptian Billionaire Has A 'Solution' | ZeroHedge
- ECB Keeps Rates Unchanged, Focus Turns To Draghi Press Conference | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Guatemala prosecutor gets judge's order to detain... | Business Insider
- Here's the country other than Mexico that sends the most immigrants to each US state | Business Insider
- Officials wrench control of schools from Mexico unions | Business Insider
- Players hoping "Deflategate" can usher in change | Business Insider
- European markets are on a fragile climb | Business Insider
- Every Dodgers win this season will cost more than $3 million in player salaries... | Business Insider
- Australian police won't charge Mel Gibson over tirade... | Business Insider