Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bond Market Knows What Fed Should Do | Financial Sense
- "The Donald Nailed It" Stockman Screams "We Are In A Big Fat Ugly Bubble" | ZeroHedge
- IRS Report Reveals How Obamacare "Spread [$11 Billion] Of Wealth Around" | ZeroHedge
- The Growth of the Anti-Establishment Movement Outside the West | Financial Sense
- Saudi Devaluation Bets Surge, Stocks Crash As Debt Deal Falters On 9/11 Legislation Anxiety | ZeroHedge
- Pain Spreads To Germany's Second Biggest Bank: Commerzbank Scraps Dividend, Fires 20% Of Workforce | ZeroHedge
- Live Feed: FBI Director Comey Takes Stand Again To Answer For "Handing Out Immunity Agreements Like Candy" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- The fabulous life of Renzo Rosso, the 'crazy' billionaire founder... | Business Insider
- Mercedes' Tesla killer is coming in 2019 — here's everything... | Business Insider
- Here's how Elon Musk's giant new rocket system might land people on Mars | Business Insider
- Consumer Reports tested Samsung's $500 microwave — here's the verdict... | Business Insider
- Yahoo is facing a legal nightmare after the massive hack of 500 million accounts | Business Insider
- Disney is planning 18 more live-action movies of its animated classics — here they all are | Business Insider