Stocks to Buy: Guns, Guns, Guns
That's the ridiculous attitude of all the President Obama haters out there that are pushing up shares of Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). However bullet maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) did not jump today and it could be waiting to pop.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS
Now that we know Obama is in the White House for another term the panic for gun lovers is in full gear. Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC) shares spiked 9% today and finished at $10.37. Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR). Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. (RGR) jumped 6.8% and closed at $47.68. These two classic gun plays could keep climbing as we enter the crucial Q4 holiday sales along with the Obama Fear Factor. Ammunition maker Alliant Techsystems Inc. (ATK) declined 2.8% and closed at $57.80 a share.
Nothing happened today to these gun and ammo stocks but the knee jerk reaction to Obama winning the Presidency. Its no secret that Obama is tough on guns and in his second term his administration could make it more cumbersome to buy firearms and ammo. If that's the case going long RGR, SWHC, and ATK could be a bulls eye investment.
For more stocks that could benefit from 4 more years of Obama check out 15 Obama Stocks to Buy for a 2012 Win.
Ooh, guns, guns, guns! Come on, Sal! The Tigers are playing...tonight! I never miss a game
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- In Mexico, a Trying Year for Trade | Financial Sense
- JPMorgan Tells Investors: Ignore Mainstream Media | ZeroHedge
- Where The November Jobs Were: Accountants, Nurses, Waiters, Government And Part-Time Workers | ZeroHedge
- Deutsche Bank Stock Slides After "Cutting Off" 3,400 "Non-Strategic" Trading Clients | ZeroHedge
- After A "Run On The Pension Fund" Dallas Mayor Demands Halt Of Withdrawals | ZeroHedge
- Doom & Gloom? Perhaps Not | Financial Sense
- The OPEC Deal: Here Are the Details | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boris Johnson says the UK will not block a closer EU common... | Business Insider
- Facebook gives a lesson on AI (FB) | Business Insider
- Italy's referendum has the potential to set off a global... | Business Insider
- Amy Schumer is in talks to play Barbie for a new movie | Business Insider
- Trump is about to inherit the 'strongest overall job market in a generation... | Business Insider
- Russia has taunted Europe with nuclear-capable missiles before... | Business Insider
- This chart shows why it's so hard to fix the diversity problem in tech | Business Insider