Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Housing Industry Frets About the Next Brick to Drop | ZeroHedge
- Meanwhile In California, Unambiguously Ungood... | ZeroHedge
- Most Americans Are Slaves And They Don't Even Know It | ZeroHedge
- Paul Krugman Is The Brian Williams Of Economics Bloggers | ZeroHedge
- Bottom in Oil and Energy Stocks Looks Suspicious | Financial Sense
- "Massive Mis-Governance" - Q4 Obliterates The Case For QE And ZIRP | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela's Maduro Claims US Pilot Arrested For Espionage, Bans Bush, Cheney From Entering Nation | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things in advertising you need to know today | Business Insider
- Giroud aims to recover from Arsenal's Monaco... | Business Insider
- Apple once disguised the Apple Watch as a Samsung smartwatch to keep it a secret (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- US astronauts begin spacewalk at orbiting lab | Business Insider
- Rio's 450th birthday bash is a piece of cake | Business Insider
- 2 charts that show the disastrous effect Uber has on taxis | Business Insider
- You should buy the iPhone 6 Plus instead of the iPhone 6 (AAPL) | Business Insider