Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pascal’s Wager | Financial Sense
- I’M SO BULLISH | iBankCoin.com
- WTF Chart Of The Day - Chinese New Share Accounts Edition!!!! | ZeroHedge
- 8 Charts That Prove The US Is Already In A Recession | ZeroHedge
- A Plot To Hold Down Oil Prices Or Just A Happy Coincidence? | ZeroHedge
- How The Second Tech Bubble Will Burst, In The Words Of Silicon Valley's "Poster Child" And World's Youngest Billionaire | ZeroHedge
- The Rehypothecation Of Gold, And Why It Matters | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Manny Pacquaio will make $2.25 million off of his trunks in the Floyd... | Business Insider
- One of Matt Damon's Harvard professors gave him... | Business Insider
- The new Attorney General should probably freak Wall Street out way more than the old one | Business Insider
- Mutai eyes missing London Marathon title, Radcliffe... | Business Insider
- APPLY NOW: Business Insider is hiring an associate... | Business Insider
- Record crowds as Australia and New Zealand mark Anzac Day... | Business Insider
- The coolest thing in the Apple Watch box — aside from the watch — is the plug (AAPL) | Business Insider