Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Lucky SOB | iBankCoin.com
- The US Ponzi Economy | ZeroHedge
- Citi Previews How It All Ends, In One Chart | ZeroHedge
- Late Night Strategy for Tuesday | iBankCoin.com
- Ukraine Introduces Capital Controls | ZeroHedge
- Can the Economy Withstand Another Housing Breakdown? | Financial Sense
- Gateway Policies: ISIS, Obama And US Financial Boots-On-The-Ground | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- White tiger kills boy at New Delhi zoo: curator | Business Insider
- Elon Musk's Companies Have Been Tanking, And He... | Business Insider
- 17 Bizarre Jobs Our Ancestors Did That No Longer Exist | Business Insider
- Videos Of US Warships Bombing ISIS Targets In Syria | Business Insider
- Masked Gunmen Target Berlin Apple Store And Steal iPhone 6 Money (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Why Did Google Support ALEC, A Giant... | Business Insider
- The White House Intruder Had More Than 800 Rounds Of Ammo In... | Business Insider