Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Politicians: It`s not the Jobs Stupid, It`s the Job`s Strategy Stupid (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Mizuho CEO Warns Japan Sales Tax Delay Is "Admission Abenomics Has Failed" | ZeroHedge
- The Source of Failure: We Optimize What We Measure | ZeroHedge
- Chicago Pension Liabilities Jump 168%, Understated by $11.5 Billion | Financial Sense
- US State Department Issues European Travel Alert - Warns Of Terrorist Attacks | ZeroHedge
- Ben Carson: President Hillary Would Bring About "Tremendous Carnage And Death" | ZeroHedge
- "This Is Not The America My Parents Immigrated To In 1957" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SpaceX has a radical plan to reach Mars that's unlike anything anyone has... | Business Insider
- Snoop Dogg calls for a boycott of History Channel's 'Roots... | Business Insider
- THE FINTECH REGULATION REPORT: How European regulators are creating fertile ground for... | Business Insider
- A favorite way of cooking meat in the summer might be bad for you — here's how to do... | Business Insider
- Tickets for the Warriors-Thunder Game 7 are... | Business Insider
- Chicago is back in contraction | Business Insider
- Inside the 'Shark Tank' pitch that ended with Kevin O'Leary telling an... | Business Insider