Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Frontrunning: November 27 | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Personal Income for October | Financial Sense
- Putin Accuses Obama Of Leaking Flight Details To Turkey After Russia Releases Video Of S-400 SAM Deployment In Syria | ZeroHedge
- One by One the Central Banks Are Losing Control | ZeroHedge
- The Triumph Of Materialism: The Average American Will Spend 830 Dollars On Christmas In 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Arrests Journalists Who Exposed Erdogan's Weapons Smuggling To Extremist Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- THaNKSGiViNG 2015... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Romo out for year after 2nd collarbone injury of season | Business Insider
- Chicago awaits more protests over police shooting | Business Insider
- Obama set to pardon "Honest" and "Abe"... | Business Insider
- Noted oceanographer John Knauss dies at 90 | Business Insider
- These tech tattoos will let you become a cyborg without... | Business Insider
- Spurs a title threat, admits Chelsea boss Mourinho | Business Insider
- You'll feel like you own a private island at this resort in the middle of the ocean | Business Insider