Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Dawn Of Libya" Islamist Militia Group Seizes US Embassy In Tripoli, Holds Pool Party | ZeroHedge
- The Fall Is Golden For Bullion Bulls | ZeroHedge
- Deflation’s Final Curtain Call (Part 2) | Financial Sense
- Movement to Declassify 9/11 Information Gathers Momentum ... 9/11 Commission Chairs and Congressmen Call for Declassification | ZeroHedge
- Helicopter Janet, Mario and Mark - "Central Banks Should Give Money Directly To The People" | ZeroHedge
- More Sanctions: Europe Will Ban Purchase Of Russian Bonds; However Russian Gas Exports Remain Untouched | ZeroHedge
- Ukraine Defense Minister Warns Of "Worst Conflict Since WWII", Shifts Forces To "Combat Full-Scale Russian Invasion" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Stocks on Track to Head Into Labor Day Weekend With Gains | TheStreet.com
- 50 Days Of War In Gaza May Cost Israel Dearly | Business Insider
- Putin urges Europeans to have 'common sense... | Business Insider
- Liverpool are back to their best, says Rodgers | Business Insider
- Amazon's Hit Man | BusinessWeek
- All The Different Ways That 'iCloud' Naked Celebrity Photo Leak Might Have... | Business Insider
- Google's Self-Driving Cars Won't Work In Heavy Rain Or... | Business Insider