Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lack of Wage Growth Means Retail Spending Woes | Financial Sense
- Russia, Iran Rack Up Gains In "Fiercest Syrian Fighting Yet" | ZeroHedge
- How to Become a Superforecaster | Financial Sense
- Earnings Preview - Third Quarter 2015 | Financial Sense
- Cyberwars Escalate With US NSA As "Crown Creators Of Cyberespionage" | ZeroHedge
- The Menace Of Egalitarianism | ZeroHedge
- Zweig Breadth Thrust Signal | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- US stocks are little changed in early trading after big... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- James Taylor's mother dies at Martha's Vineyard... | Business Insider
- CIA-supplied anti-tank missiles turned... | Business Insider
- Police: Standoff ends in Mississippi with suspect dead | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- Old gift to Dartmouth College leads to a new... | Business Insider