Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Russia Promises "Economic And Military" Aid To Syria As US Refloats Assad "Chemcial Weapons" Trial Balloon | ZeroHedge
- Did The BIS Already "Accidentally" Kick Greece Out Of The Eurozone? | ZeroHedge
- BAGHOLDERS | iBankCoin.com
- Greek Contagion Uncontained: Portugal Bond Risk Spikes Most In Over 7 Years | ZeroHedge
- And This Is How NATO Member Turkey Celebrates Gay Rights | ZeroHedge
- Gold Tumbles Despite UK Mint Seeing Europeans Rush To Buy Bullion | ZeroHedge
- My Market Call | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- ECONOMIST: 'We are watching stock markets, sovereign... | Business Insider
- The real reasons so many retail brands are taking the... | Business Insider
- The Financial Times blasts Greek prime minister Alexis... | Business Insider
- The inspiring rags to riches career of Shark Tank judge... | Business Insider
- 57 countries hold signing ceremony to set up China-led... | Business Insider
- The Dalai Lama reveals the most interesting man he's ever met | Business Insider
- Istanbul police use teargas to break up Gay Pride parade | Business Insider