Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- 50 Things I Pretend To Know Now That I Am Nearing 50 | Altucher Confidential
- "Bedlam" As Wasserman Schultz Boo'd, Heckled Off Stage By DNC Delegates | ZeroHedge
- Bernie Supporters Boo, Jeer After Call To Vote For Clinton-Kaine | ZeroHedge
- Presenting "Putin's Useful Idiot": Anyone Who Disagrees With The Establishment | ZeroHedge
- Furious Sanders Supporters, Angry Media, Blistering Chaos Marks First Day Of Democratic Convention | ZeroHedge
- Obama's "Deeply Disappointed" Half-Brother Will Vote Trump Because "He Speaks From The Heart" | ZeroHedge
- Why We're Ungovernable: Debt & The Sudden Outbreak Of Utter Insanity | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 11 things that will make you sound dumb in a job interview | Business Insider
- Here are the 16 busiest airports in the world | Business Insider
- A Tour de France cyclist burns 6,071 calories a day — here'... | Business Insider
- This couple travels the US in a tiny home they built for under $20,000 — take a look... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- The 18 best movies on Netflix you've probably never... | Business Insider
- Procter & Gamble launches direct-to-consumer... | Business Insider