Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bankers are Behind the Wars | ZeroHedge
- How Do You Justify Consuming ExxonMobil’s Oil? | Financial Sense
- The 5 Faces Of Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- David Stockman On 'The QE Follies': Bernanke's Swell Gift To The Big Four Banks | ZeroHedge
- The Next Shoe Just Dropped: Court Denies Attorney-Client Privilege | ZeroHedge
- 85% of Pension Funds to Fail in Three Decades | Financial Sense
- Further Downside May Be Ahead, Though Long-Term Trend Still Intact | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How To Hack Siri And Make It A Million Times More Useful | Business Insider
- The Heartbleed Bug Is Mostly Fixed, But There Are Still More Than 20,000 Websites Vulnerable | Business Insider
- Merrill Lynch Cuts Housing Forecast For 2014 | Business Insider
- Obama Just Signed A Ted Cruz Bill Into Law | Business Insider
- Tsunami Warning Issued After 7.5-... | Business Insider
- What Happened To 7 Of The Earliest Employees Who Launched Amazon | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek