Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Renewable Energy: Does It Need Critically Rare Materials? | Financial Sense
- Banking At The Box Office | ZeroHedge
- OPEC Decision Is "Major Strike Against The American Market", Russian Tycoon Says | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of The First Thanksgiving | ZeroHedge
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- A Tidal Wave of Gold Repatriations Could be Unleashed | ZeroHedge
- Gold Jumps Above $1200 on China Rate Cut; Draghi Vows “More Inflation” | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RANKED: The Best Tablets In The World | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions... | StreetInsider.com
- OPEC set for pivotal decision on oil output amount | Business Insider
- 7 Things Successful People Do In Their 30s | Business Insider
- Here Are The UK's Best Black Friday Deals | Business Insider
- Visa Becomes Latest World Cup Sponsor To Castigate FIFA Over... | Business Insider
- Suit says Goldman Sachs, others rigged metals prices | Business Insider