Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stop Smokin The Import Crack… | ZeroHedge
- Summation Index Rate of Change | Financial Sense
- Snow-Plough Driver In Total CEO Plane Crash Was Drunk, Investigators Say | ZeroHedge
- The Crocodile Jaws Spring Open Again, Preparing To Bite | ZeroHedge
- Russia Deploys Troops, Robots Along Entire "2nd Middle East" Arctic Belt | ZeroHedge
- How Long Can U.S. Production Survive Low Oil Prices? | Financial Sense
- How General Dynamics Just Got A $600 Million Check From Uncle Sam, Courtesy Of ISIS | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- McDonald's Menu Is Driving Away Cash-Strapped Customers | Business Insider
- The Best 'Cheap Eats' In San Francisco | Business Insider
- Apple Beats On iPhone Sales, But iPads Aren't Looking So Great (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Here Comes 5G — The Technology That Will Make Your Smartphone Nearly 50 Times... | Business Insider
- Apple's Design Genius Jony Ive Thinks The iPhone's Competitors Are... | Business Insider
- What We Can Learn From People Who Are Tracking Ebola | Business Insider