Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Sudden Bout Of Risk-Offness Sends European Shares Sharply Lower, US Futures Not Happy | ZeroHedge
- Buy the Dip or Sell the Rally | Financial Sense
- Market Breaks As Stocks Explode Higher On Algo-Triggering Headline | ZeroHedge
- 100% of Mainstream Interest Rate Theory Is Wrong | Financial Sense
- Initial Jobless Claims Average Nears 40-Year Low | ZeroHedge
- Monetary Lunacy At Work: IMF Puts 0.05% "Floor" Under SDRs | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Fed's First Rate Hike Is In Sight | Business Insider
- Rand Paul Explains Why The GOP Brand 'Sucks'... | Business Insider
- Peyton Manning Is Still Miles Ahead Of Tom Brady In Career Earnings | Business Insider
- Smartwatches Are The Breakout Category That Will Finally Ignite The Wearable... | Business Insider
- LeBron James Says His Homecoming Is One Of The... | Business Insider
- Japan's Nikkei 225 index soars over 5% after BoJ easing... | Business Insider
- F5 Networks CEO Explains Retirement, Says Growth Trends Are Intact | TheStreet.com