Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Making Taxes Great Again - Trump vs. GOP Proposals | Financial Sense
- Weekly Market Recap Jan 15, 2017 | FundMyMutualFund
- Peak Savings: Wall Street Faces 20 Years Of Retirement Withdrawals As Boomers Hit 70 1/2 | ZeroHedge
- Iran Commemorates "Captured US Sailors"-Day With Massive Billboard | ZeroHedge
- Former Black Panther To Tucker Carlson: Congressman John Lewis “Presided Over The Destruction of Black America” | ZeroHedge
- "What Will We Be Talking About This Time Next Year" - Here Is Jeff Gundlach's Answer | ZeroHedge
- Tumbling Pound Rattles Global Markets; Chinese Stock Slide Forces Government Intervention | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's every piece of land Obama has put under protection during his... | Business Insider
- This summer's biggest natural phenomena is cutting right across the US... | Business Insider
- These are the foods a food-poisoning lawyer refuses to eat | Business Insider
- Canada's baby boomers are working more than ever before | Business Insider
- Italy will be the next big problem in Europe | Business Insider
- The 11 gadgets and tech accessories I used the most while traveling abroad... | Business Insider
- 11 interview questions from bosses like Elon Musk and Larry Ellison that... | Business Insider