Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Watch These Geopolitical Flashpoints Carefully | ZeroHedge
- Here's a Reality Check For the People Losing Their Minds on Social Media | ZeroHedge
- FBI Director Comey Unexpectedly Shows Up At The White House | ZeroHedge
- In Stinging Defeat, House Republicans Abandon Obamacare Repeal Effort | ZeroHedge
- Spicer Takes The Stage As Nobody Knows Anything: Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- McCaiN WoRLD ORDeR... | ZeroHedge
- Imagining a World After Fossil Fuels | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- SPICER: Trump 'left everything on the field' for GOP Obamacare... | Business Insider
- The best photos from the NCAA Tournament so far | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Actress Emma Thompson says Trump hit on her: 'I didn't know what to do with myself... | Business Insider
- 9 successful businesspeople... | Business Insider
- Here are the fastest-growing and fastest-shrinking counties in America | Business Insider
- Boat shoes belong in a frat house — here's what you should wear instead | Business Insider