Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Lithium War Heats Up After Epic Launch of Tesla Model 3 | Financial Sense
- Suspect Dressed In Panda Suit Shot After Entering Fox Baltimore Studio And Claiming To Have A Bomb | ZeroHedge
- ZARpocalypse Now? BofAML Warns "Summer Of Shocks" Looms | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Apr 29, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Trump Ties Hillary In Latest National Poll | ZeroHedge
- Gold and Silver Update - It's Game On! | ZeroHedge
- Crude Unable To Bounce Despite Biggest Rig Count Decline In 6 Weeks | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's what SpaceX's ship might look like when it lands on Mars | Business Insider
- Warren Buffett explains why a good business is one 'your idiot... | Business Insider
- Use this hack to make any iTunes song your iPhone ringtone | Business Insider
- Experts are confused and appalled by Donald Trump's... | Business Insider
- Prince reportedly had opioid medication on him when he died | Business Insider
- This app could be the answer to getting better toned abs | Business Insider
- A trendy NYC restaurant serves an elevated version of lemon meringue pie | Business Insider