Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Silver Breaches Key Resistance, Soars To 21-Month Highs Against Gold | ZeroHedge
- Brexit Aftermath - Here's What Will Happen Next | ZeroHedge
- August 15th - The Date Which Will Live In Monetary Infamy | ZeroHedge
- Four Charts that Worry Investment Experts | Financial Sense
- Oil Bulls Beware: Crude Demand Is About To Slide As China's SPR Is "Close To Capacity" | ZeroHedge
- Rotten To The Core | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Near All Time High Despite 16 Straight Week Of US Mutual Fund Outflows, Historic "Redemption Day" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This mobile payment company is transforming P2P... | Business Insider
- Royal Caribbean will spend $400 million on a stunning new Miami cruise... | Business Insider
- This Global Hawk surveillance drone will be NATO’s new eyes in the sky | Business Insider
- 'Orange is the New Black’ has... | Business Insider
- THE CONNECTED CAR REPORT: Forecasts, competing technologies... | Business Insider
- 13 things that only happen in Silicon Valley | Business Insider
- Windows 10 on track to reach one billion devices (MSFT) | Business Insider