Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Gold Is Spiking – Here’s Why | Financial Sense
- How €3.5 Trillion In NIRP Debt Made Europe's Credit Market "Most Vulnerable Since Lehman" | ZeroHedge
- Gold to Beat Stocks? | Financial Sense
- Citi Explains The Most Surprising Thing About The Market Crash | ZeroHedge
- Greece Slides Back Into Recession Amid Riots, Rewewed "Grexit" Calls | ZeroHedge
- What Energy Bankers Are Really Saying: "We Are Looking To Save Ourselves Now" | ZeroHedge
- Capital Flight Intensifies in Italy and Spain | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Kanye West defends vulgar lyric about Taylor Swift: 'It's actually... | Business Insider
- 13 jobs that are quickly disappearing thanks to robots | Business Insider
- Here is what happens next in Silicon Valley, according to Goldman Sachs President Gary... | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Putting Stephen Curry's season in perspective makes it even more mind-blowing | Business Insider
- Goldman Sachs has transformed its workforce — and it's great for junior... | Business Insider
- This is the outfit every guy should try for Valentine's Day | Business Insider