Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- I am Not Crazy, Per Se | iBankCoin.com
- Syriza's Original 40 Point Manifesto | ZeroHedge
- SWIFT and Yuan-Internationalization | Financial Sense
- Q4 Annualized GDP Misses, Tumbles To 2.6% From 5.0%; Surging Personal Consumption Pulled Forward From 2015 | ZeroHedge
- Greek Bond Yields Surge Above 19% After EU Talks | ZeroHedge
- According To Citi, Small Hedge Funds May Have No Choice But To Become Paper Traders On Twitter | ZeroHedge
- Alexis Tsipras' Open Letter To Germany: What You Were Never Told About Greece | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Business Insider Is Hiring A Release Manager | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Here's a 3-way roadmap for the situation in Greece | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Actor Ed Burns Is Obsessed With Taking Pictures Of His Model Wife... | Business Insider
- Hallucinogens Legally Sold as 'Bath Salts' a New Threat | BusinessWeek
- These 11 apps and websites will make you miss your childhood | Business Insider