Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Voting at the NYC French Consulate | ZeroHedge
- Fed Bombshell Minutes Indicate Balance Sheet Reductions, Suggest Markets are Overvalued | Financial Sense
- Failing Malls Turn Empty Parking Lots Into Carnivals To Generate Cash | ZeroHedge
- American Airlines Employee Suspended After Hitting Mother, Challenging Passenger To A Fight | ZeroHedge
- The State of the Dollar Bull Market | Financial Sense
- Measuring Hard and Soft Power in a Potential War With North Korea | Financial Sense
- Prisons Of Pleasure Or Pain: Huxley's 'Brave New World' Vs. Orwell's '1984' | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Milo Yiannopoulos announces 'grand comeback tour' at UC Berkeley | Business Insider
- TD Ameritrade: Tons of people set up trading accounts just to buy Snapchat (SNAP)... | Business Insider
- MARK CUBAN: Trump's first 100 days are like 'political chemotherapy' | Business Insider
- Starbucks is entering a new era — and 4 jokes reveal the biggest... | Business Insider
- Young investors are piling into Snapchat but they're overlooking a... | Business Insider
- 'The Fate of the Furious' runs over everyone to win the box office for... | Business Insider
- Mesmerizing maps show where the most educated Americans live | Business Insider