Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here's What Wall Street Bulls Were Saying In December 2007 | ZeroHedge
- On Washington's Ukrainian Fiasco: "Who Is The Real Problem Here?" | ZeroHedge
- Is This Why The Market Just Turned Green? | ZeroHedge
- Are Commodities Talking to Us? | Financial Sense
- You Know Iraq's Bad When... | ZeroHedge
- Is This China's QE? | ZeroHedge
- LOCO IPO Soars To Insane 20x EBITDA Multiple | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- Unusual 11 Mid-... | StreetInsider.com
- We Just Got More Good News About The 'Biggest Fiscal Development... | Business Insider
- EL POLLO LOCO CLOSES UP 43% (LOCO, CMG) | Business Insider
- GM Isn't Alone in the Race to the 200-Mile Electric Car | TheStreet.com
- Russia's Smartest People Are Leaving In Droves | Business Insider
- Business Conditions Haven't Been This Good Since Last August | Business Insider