Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Are Hedge Funds Worth More Than Kindergartens? | ZeroHedge
- Venezuela Solves Toilet Paper Shortage As Inflation Surpasses 100% | ZeroHedge
- The Big Four Economic Indicators: Real Retail Sales | Financial Sense
- In Support of Ubers of the World | ZeroHedge
- Enough With the Greeks Already | iBankCoin.com
- Argentina’s Growing Dependency on Beijing | Financial Sense
- Why "Average Joe" Will Never Do Well In The Stock Market | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- These dotcom startups look just like some of today's hottest tech... | Business Insider
- Rand Paul and Bobby Jindal spent the day fighting over ISIS | Business Insider
- Recent Yale graduate reportedly stabbed a current student before killing... | Business Insider
- Chinese stocks just got destroyed | Business Insider
- Apple quietly fixed a problem that made its Macs 'like... | Business Insider
- Mary Meeker just sounded a huge wake-up call about computer security | Business Insider
- Brittany granite on the rebound from rocky patch | Business Insider