Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is the Fed Fix in for the election? | ZeroHedge
- The Fed is Literally Broadcasting That It's Going to Let Inflation Run Wild | ZeroHedge
- US Dollar Spikes To Fresh 8-Month Highs As Dec Rate Hike Odds Top 70% | ZeroHedge
- What Are Some Ugly Truths? | Altucher Confidential
- Trump Says He'd Love To Fight "Mr. Tough Guy" After Joe Biden's "Behind The Gym" Threats | ZeroHedge
- Caterpillar Warns Of "Economic Weakness Throughout Much Of The World", Cuts Guidance | ZeroHedge
- "Obscene" Pentagon Folds Under Political Pressure - Stops Seeking Veteran Bonus Repayments | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- New York's strict gun laws are being undercut by... | Business Insider
- The 3 plays in sports everybody will be talking about today | Business Insider
- Scientists just figured out how to splash-proof almost anything | Business Insider
- THE REVERSE... | Business Insider
- One of the world's biggest archaeological mysteries is melting... | Business Insider
- Former US Navy captain: Brace for more Iranian-backed attacks against the US | Business Insider
- How one CEO makes hiring decisions in 7 minutes | Business Insider