Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Year Later/The Next Fed Rate Increase/The Facts | ZeroHedge
- Boom and Bust | Financial Sense
- Russia-Europe Relationship: On The Threshold Of A New Era | ZeroHedge
- Trumphoria | ZeroHedge
- Has The Trumpian Revolution Begun? | ZeroHedge
- Restoration Hardware Implodes After More Terrible Guidance, Blames Election | ZeroHedge
- The Real Reason Why Global Elites Are Implementing a Cash Ban | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It's clear the College Football Playoff committee crushes teams... | Business Insider
- Never-before-seen photos show candid moments with some of the biggest rock stars... | Business Insider
- These 2 hidden iPhone features will change the way you get your texts | Business Insider
- Take an inside look at the New York offices of Facebook, LinkedIn, and 7... | Business Insider
- The 50 best workplaces of 2017, according to employees | Business Insider
- Opioid overdose deaths just jumped again | Business Insider
- Rising interest rates are a bad omen for stocks | Business Insider