Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Plans to Slash Crude Demand With 250,000 Bpd | Financial Sense
- How to Leave the European Union | Financial Sense
- The US Has A Huge Rate Of Whites In Incarceration (But Nobody's Talking About It) | ZeroHedge
- Children Of The American Police State: Just Another Brick In The Wall | ZeroHedge
- Stocks Creep Higher As Dollar Resumes Falling, Oil Slides For Second Day | ZeroHedge
- Jill Stein: In A Time Of Universal Deceit, "WikiLeaks Founder Assange Is A Hero" | ZeroHedge
- Largest Saudi Bank Crashes To Record Low | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 8 new things Android 7.0 can do that iOS can’t | Business Insider
- Wikileaks has published hundreds of innocent people's personal data —... | Business Insider
- Everything you need to know about grooming in your 30s | Business Insider
- Internet of Things in Healthcare: Information Technology in Health (MSFT, INTC) | Business Insider
- This might be the oldest living tree in Europe | Business Insider
- Researchers have created technology that can talk to Wi-Fi | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider