Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Runner Screen | iBankCoin.com
- Will Walter Squeeze on Shomer Shabbos? | iBankCoin.com
- Record 71% Of Household Net Worth Is In Financial Assets | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Fisher Admits Stocks Are At "Eye-Popping Levels" | ZeroHedge
- Bill Gross Responds: "Sick Of [El-Erian] Undermining" Him | ZeroHedge
- RuSSia: EXPoSeD To THe WoRLD'S CoNTeMPT... | ZeroHedge
- 2 Charts Explain Slowest Economic Growth In History | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The 20 Most Powerful Harvard Graduates | Business Insider
- 15 Midseason TV Shows You Should Be Watching | Business Insider
- 2012 Honda CR-V | BusinessWeek
- Markets In Europe Are Up | Business Insider
- This Could Be The First Day A Clone Of Flappy Bird Is Not No. 1 In The App Store | Business Insider
- Joel McHale Spoofs How No One Can Understand What They're Saying On... | Business Insider
- ALBERT EDWARDS: Why Isn't Anyone Looking At This Scary Chart? | Business Insider