Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- From Bravery to Prosperity: A Six-Year Plan to Make Scotland the Wealthiest Anglosphere Region of All | Financial Sense
- Made Some Small Nibbles Today | iBankCoin.com
- Eurostat Fabricates European Inflation Data, Apologizes | ZeroHedge
- "Russia Could Ditch Dollar In 2-3 Years"; Deputy PM Warns Nuclear Subs "Could Reach Any Country On Any Continent" | ZeroHedge
- Retail Investors Pile Into Stocks Amid "Malign, Unthinking Mental Slavery" | ZeroHedge
- Japan Stunned After Biggest Ever, $617 Billion "Fat Finger" Trading Error Slams Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Tuesday Humor: S##t Happens, But Not In China | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- LIVE: Microsoft Is Giving Us A Look At The New Version Of Windows, Windows 10 (MSFT) | Business Insider
- A Report Says Angie's List Might Sell Itself And Now Its Stock Is Surging (ANGI... | Business Insider
- Ai Weiwei meditates on freedom in Alcatraz show | Business Insider
- Here's What Normal People Can Eat To Follow The LeBron James Diet | Business Insider
- What, Me Worry? 4 Reasons Why We're Not at a Market Top Yet | TheStreet.com
- Wednesday Will Be Massive For Hong Kong's Protests | Business Insider
- Should Advertisers Be Thinking About New Metrics? | Business Insider