Why Buy IBM Shares? Watson
IBM (IBM) is firing on all cylinders lately and its share price reflects its staying power by closing above $200 a share this week. IBM's super computer Watson is going to work for Citigroup (C) and its why the Masters want in now.
Last week we recommended buying IBM shares in 3 Stocks to Buy at 12 Month Highs. IBM was trading just under its 12 month high and this week it made the $200 roll hitting $201.19.
Citigroup (C) is hiring Watson to do what no man can do. The AWESOM-O like computer will help analyze customer needs and process financial, economic and client data to advance and personalize digital banking.
Watson already does work for its health-care clients WellPoint Inc. and Seton Health Family by analyzing data to improve care. IBM executives say Watson’s skills -- understanding and processing natural language, consulting vast volumes of unstructured information, and accurately answering questions with humanlike cognition -- are also well suited for the finance industry.
Watson may add $2.65 billion in revenue in 2015, adding 52 cents of earnings per share, Ed Maguire, an analyst at CLSA in New York, estimated in a November research note (source: bloomberg via fa-mag.com)
MASTERY Bottom line:
Need another reason to buy IBM?
Watson is your answer.
Mastery expects IBM to continue to prosper in 2012.
Our 12 month target price for IBM is now $250.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Peak Debt Complacency: Carmen "Different This Time" Reinhart Urges Debt Restructuring | ZeroHedge
- A Conspiracy Theory About Conspiracy Theories | ZeroHedge
- Just Spotted In Front Of The New York Fed | ZeroHedge
- This Is The Rumor Causing The Spike In Deutsche Bank Shares | ZeroHedge
- You Want to Fix the Economy? Then First Fix Healthcare | Financial Sense
- The Old Wall Street Trader Is Dead, Algo’s Now Rule the Day | Financial Sense
- BofA Stunned By Record VIX Roundtrip; Fears "Fragile Market" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This is how you use the famous 'manettino' on a Ferrari (RACE) | Business Insider
- Stephen Curry showed off a clever new move in training camp,... | Business Insider
- 6 signs you aren't cut out to be an entrepreneur | Business Insider
- If you're shopping for a luxury SUV, here are 3 good choices | Business Insider
- Today is your last chance to get our exclusive deal on a custom suit — and more of today... | Business Insider
- If you don't follow these laws you... | Business Insider
- THE INSURTECH REPORT: How financial technology firms... | Business Insider