Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Japan Approaches Limit To Bond Buying Former BOJ Official Okina Warns | ZeroHedge
- Seasonal Trends for the Month of March | iBankCoin.com
- World's Largest Container-Shipper Warns Global Trade Is Slowing Down | ZeroHedge
- Oil Leads The Way Today | iBankCoin.com
- Are Weak Earnings Signaling Recession Ahead? | Financial Sense
- Venezuela's Maduro Claims US Pilot Arrested For Espionage, Bans Bush, Cheney From Entering Nation | ZeroHedge
- Taking The Monetary Policy Ride Into The Theater Of The Absurd | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This might be the most gorgeous Google-powered smartwatch yet (GOOG) | Business Insider
- Genworth Financial has a lot of problems (GNW) | Business Insider
- Leaked photos show the mysterious building Apple is making for its big event this... | Business Insider
- ISIS has threatened Twitter founder Jack Dorsey with death | Business Insider
- Rio's 450th birthday bash is a piece of cake | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Why Target forgot its formula for success | Business Insider