Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Global Institutions May Be Susceptible To Hackers, SWIFT Remains Vulnerable | ZeroHedge
- Why The Brits Really Voted "Leave" (In 3 Simple Cartoons) | ZeroHedge
- Brits Lead Revolt Against Age Of Inequality, BofAML Favors "Gold, Vol, & Cash Positions" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Market Analysis (Video) | ZeroHedge
- 'Cost-Burdened-Renters' Surge To Historic Highs As Hillbama-nomics Fails For Low-Income Faithful | ZeroHedge
- China: Has Policy Reflation Lost Momentum? | Financial Sense
- Is The US Locking Up Its Available Male Labor Force? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Eating bamboo may make it harder for pandas to reproduce | Business Insider
- Derek Jeter asked President Obama what advice he'd... | Business Insider
- Britain's most celebrated statesman was a huge party monster and racked up an absurd... | Business Insider
- This finance trend is so hot even Amazon wants in (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The most dangerous place in the world is about to get a whole lot scarier | Business Insider
- Apple's Supply-Chain Secret? Hoard Lasers | BusinessWeek
- Incredible photos from the US Army's massive European airborne training operation | Business Insider