Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Risk of ‘World War’ between NATO and Russia on Ukraine Escalation as Yemen Bombed for Third Day | ZeroHedge
- The American Dream Part 2 - We Now Live In A "Pimpocracy" | ZeroHedge
- Explaining US Stock And Bond Markets In 5 Easy Charts | ZeroHedge
- How Do The Greeks Really Feel? | ZeroHedge
- "We're Just One Archduke Away..." | ZeroHedge
- Welfare Nation Alert: Disability Fund To Run Out Of Cash In Two Years | ZeroHedge
- Americans Supported and Inspired the Nazis | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Apple Watch app developers are facing some really... | Business Insider
- Triumphant return for Tsonga | Business Insider
- Late goals save day for Netherlands, Italy | Business Insider
- A deal with Uber might save this startup from raising more... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- Meet the 'pocket army' funded by... | Business Insider
- British Prime Minister David Cameron is obsessed with a bizarre 1970s... | Business Insider