Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The US Government Just Crossed The Rubicon | ZeroHedge
- Ranking The Peasants: China Introduces Orwellian "Citizen Scores" | ZeroHedge
- St. Louis Prepares For "Catastrophic Event" As Underground Fire Nears Nuclear Waste Cache | ZeroHedge
- The Final Crescendo of Cognitive Dollar Dissonance and the Remonetization of Gold | Financial Sense
- A Look at Long-Term Trends in Employment by Age Group | Financial Sense
- When The Aristocracy Leaves The Commoners In The Dust, The Empire Is Doomed | ZeroHedge
- A Worrying Set of Signals | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Celebration of Peru's economic boom comes late | Business Insider
- 6 workers injured in explosion at dam in Washington state... | Business Insider
- Top producer Glencore slashes zinc output by a third | Business Insider
- VW's US CEO to face tough questions in... | Business Insider
- Tunisian democracy group wins Nobel Peace Prize | Business Insider
- Americans jump out to another lead in Presidents Cup | Business Insider
- People are already doing amazing things in the new 'Star Wars' game... | Business Insider