Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Did China Just Crush The US Housing Market? | ZeroHedge
- Espirito Santo: The Full Timeline | ZeroHedge
- CEO Of Europe's Largest Insurer Pops The Utopia Bubble: "Nothing Is Solved And Everybody Knows It" | ZeroHedge
- Banco Espirito Santo: All The Latest News | ZeroHedge
- High-Level NSA Official: the NSA Has Become “J. Edgar Hoover On Super Steroids” | ZeroHedge
- UN Demands Europe "Open Its Doors" As Syrian Refugees Reach "Saturation Point" | ZeroHedge
- Cheap Natural Gas Triggers Major Industrial Expansion Plans In the U.S. | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- How Two 'Accidental Hipsters' Paid Off $67,000 Of Debt In 3 Years | Business Insider
- The Marine Corps Is Testing A Monster Of A New Amphibious Assault Vehicle | Business Insider
- The Selective Service System Just Tried To Register Thousands Of Dead People For The Draft | Business Insider
- Google Will Open a $100 Million Venture Capital Fund In... | Business Insider
- Supply Chain Management: The Next Big Thing? | BusinessWeek
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- How The Cavaliers Botched The LeBron Era And Lost The Best Player In The World | Business Insider