Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- Chinese Currency Plunges To Peg Limit Against USDollar, Strongest Against Euro In 14 Years | ZeroHedge
- 2015: The Year of Default | ZeroHedge
- The End of the Bull Market? | Financial Sense
- LET IT STORM WITH THE SNOW OF 10,000 BLIZZARDS | iBankCoin.com
- The Importance of Owning Stocks | Financial Sense
- Tighten Those Chin Straps Folks Because Here Comes a Rapid Unscheduled Disassembly (RUD) | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Some Surprising Players Try Their Hand at Original Streaming Content | TheStreet.com
- Ship Your Enemies Glitter Was Just One Big Viral Marketing Stunt | Business Insider
- The Cheap WiFi-Only Phone Service From Cablevision Sounds Pretty Crummy | Business Insider
- Ivanovic sinks Liverpool as Chelsea reach final | Business Insider
- 20 Of The Safest Cities In The World | Business Insider
- Here's What Celebrities Wore On The SAG Awards Red Carpet | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, MSFT) | Business Insider