Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Chinese Economy Crashes To 2-Year Low; China Stocks Plunge, Asian Stocks Test 2015 Lows | ZeroHedge
- Monsters Of Ukraine: Made In The USA | ZeroHedge
- This Coal Mine Valued At $630 Million In 2011 Just Sold For One Dollar | ZeroHedge
- Weekend Top 100 | iBankCoin.com
- The Population Bomb | ZeroHedge
- Welcome To Planet Obama | ZeroHedge
- Something Just Snapped: Container Freight Rates From Asia To Europe Crash 23% In One Week | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Sjostrom breaks women's 100m butterfly record | Business Insider
- Why I've never supported the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter | Business Insider
- Europe's industry was a little stronger than expected in July | Business Insider
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- 8 science-backed mind tricks to beat procrastination and do that thing you've... | Business Insider
- The US says it will defend Syria rebels with... | Business Insider
- The changing face of Russia's emblematic matryoshka... | Business Insider