Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Munich Shooter Planned Attack For A Year Germany Alleges; May Use Military During Next "Extreme Situation" | ZeroHedge
- Awkward? | ZeroHedge
- US Shale Industry Is Painfully Adapting to Low Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- A Collision-Course With Crisis: Making The Wrong Choices For The Wrong Reasons | ZeroHedge
- What investors need to know about USAs FOREX rules | ZeroHedge
- America Needs A Good, Old-Fashioned Economic Depression | ZeroHedge
- Here's Why The New DNC Chair Is About To Make Bernie Supporters Just As Angry | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The ‘biggest turnaround story’ in emerging markets | Business Insider
- Why Silicon Valley is so terrified of Donald Trump | Business Insider
- Black Lives Matter is still important after shootings in Dallas and Baton Rouge | Business Insider
- Why you feel like you’re falling when you go to sleep | Business Insider
- MORGAN STANLEY: These 7 stocks are going up soon | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- 9 simple accessories that’ll help you get more out of your iPhone | Business Insider