Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Magic" Collateral: A Frank Look At The Sheer Credit Horror About To Be Unleashed In China | ZeroHedge
- Fed's Chuck Evans Loses It | ZeroHedge
- The Dollar’s Long Term Decline | Financial Sense
- A Rusty Rail | iBankCoin.com
- Giving It Back Into The Close | iBankCoin.com
- New Long | iBankCoin.com
- America's Most Overvalued Companies Are... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Great Anecdote About Dennis Rodman Being A Basketball Genius | Business Insider
- Tiger Woods Is So Bad Right Now That Breaking Jack Nicklaus's Record Is Out Of The... | Business Insider
- A Fascinating Observation About Bubbles And The Fools Who Trade Them | Business Insider
- CHART: 3 MLB Teams Have Spent More Than $1 Billion On Players Since Last Making The Playoffs | Business Insider
- Here's The Technology That's Going To Make Your Phone's Internet... | Business Insider
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: Here's What Happens To Your Body In Space | Business Insider
- You Can Fix A MacBook By Baking It In An Oven Like A Pie | Business Insider