Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Market Recap Nov 30, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
- Milwaukee ISM Bounce Dies As Employment, New Orders Plunge | ZeroHedge
- Here's How To Trigger A Bank Run | ZeroHedge
- Fourth Turning - Our Rendezvous With Destiny | ZeroHedge
- Paper Gold Dilution Hits 294x As Comex Registered Gold Drops To New All-Time Low | ZeroHedge
- Paris, Sharm el-Sheikh, and the Resurrection of Old Europe | Financial Sense
- And The First To Admit Defeat In Currency Wars Is... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- RBS and Standard Chartered came close to failing a... | Business Insider
- The commodities bloodbath of 2015 in one chart | Business Insider
- Here's the surprising truth about nuclear power safety | Business Insider
- The countries most likely to survive climate change in one... | Business Insider
- ICYMI in NFL's Week 12: Gronk injured; Pats lose to... | Business Insider
- The romance and the Kalashnikov: Pashtun cinema reborn | Business Insider
- Uber is launching a service in London that lets you share rides with strangers for... | Business Insider