Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Yelp Plunges 11%, Halted After CEO Gives Up Trying To Find Buyer | ZeroHedge
- Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks | Financial Sense
- Pre-Happy Birthday ‘Merica Festivities Are Underway | iBankCoin.com
- 3 Things: Valuations, Employment, Sectors | ZeroHedge
- The Superpower Conundrum - The Rise and Fall of Just About Everything | ZeroHedge
- A Beginning but No End | Financial Sense
- Chinese Government "Losing Control": Stocks Are Collapsing, Hitting New Bear Market Lows | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- No one wants to live in this $14.5 million apartment in New... | Business Insider
- Brazil targets 15 banks in forex fixing probe | Business Insider
- Solar Impulse 2 pilot becomes aviation legend | Business Insider
- The most over-the-top tech billionaire vacation homes | Business Insider
- 11 disgusting ingredients you eat every day that food companies don't talk... | Business Insider
- Here's one way to sniff out a bubble within the stock market | Business Insider
- Djokovic, Serena, Sharapova eye Wimbledon last 16 | Business Insider