Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- Flood Of Students Demanding Loan Forgiveness Forces Administration Scramble | ZeroHedge
- SILENCE | iBankCoin.com
- Europe April Manufacturing Summary: France's Loss Is Germany's Gain | ZeroHedge
- Jim Rickards on the Death of Money, China, and Financial Warfare | Financial Sense
- A Bowl Full of Everything | iBankCoin.com
- Solar Boombox | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Baseball's New Protective Caps For Pitchers Are Enormous | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- Here's How Top Retailers Have Built Up An Enormous... | Business Insider
- The Internet Is Giving $31,000 To A Man Who Spent 25 Years In Prison For A... | Business Insider
- Europe Is On The Rise | Business Insider
- CHART: The Seahawks Are Paying Their Quarterbacks A Ridiculously Small Amount Of... | Business Insider
- An American Runner Sacrificed His Own Race To Help His Rival Win The Boston Marathon | Business Insider