Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Social Security Versus CBO – Who Do You Trust? | Financial Sense
- Lucky Charms on Wall Street | ZeroHedge
- Propaganda Full Frontal: A Little High Level Intervention And This Is What Happens | ZeroHedge
- US-Israeli Relations In 1 Cartoon | ZeroHedge
- It…Was a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood | iBankCoin.com
- Tranquility | iBankCoin.com
- NIRP DERP: A Chart Of What Europe Economy Really Looks Like | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- JOBS DISAPPOINT, UNEMPLOYMENT RATE RISES TO 6.2% (DIA, SPX, SPY, QQQ, IWM) | Business Insider
- Defiant Ohio Gubernatorial Candidate Blames 'Sleazy' GOP... | Business Insider
- The CIA Just Admitted It Spied On Senate Computers — Senator Calls For... | Business Insider
- Tesla's Plans For Its Massive Battery Factory Make It Sound Like A Legendary Ford... | Business Insider
- GRAPHIC: Paul George Suffered A Horrific Leg Injury During Team USA Scrimmage... | Business Insider
- Consumers Say 'Old GM' Is History, But They're Still Unsure About GM Quality | Business Insider
- The Gaza Conflict Is Entering Dangerous Uncharted Territory... | Business Insider