Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Why One Trader Believes The BOJ Made A "Massive Misstep" | ZeroHedge
- A Few Facts About Gold That Nay-Sayers Conveniently Ignore | ZeroHedge
- US to Undermine Russia’s Gas Monopoly in Europe | Financial Sense
- Chart of the Day: With Stocks Near All-Time Highs, Financial Stress Turns Negative | Financial Sense
- Amid Rising Fears Of Nuclear Terrorism, Belgium Hands Out Iodine Pills To Entire Population | ZeroHedge
- 'Investors' Panic-Buy S&P At Open - Erases All BoJ Cliff-Dive Losses | ZeroHedge
- "A 2015-like Market Crash In Chinese Commodities Is Inevitable" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here's how terrorist groups use technology to... | Business Insider
- REMITTANCES EXPLAINED: How funds are transferred across borders, and why digital is... | Business Insider
- How one Facebook employee’s health crisis led to a new internal slogan (FB) | Business Insider
- Bunch O Balloons is a hose... | Business Insider
- US military punishes 16 service members over bombing of Doctors Without Borders... | Business Insider
- The commander of the International Space Station says one trait... | Business Insider
- 'There is a conflict': A power struggle may be... | Business Insider