Investing in Fish Sticks
Everyone likes Fish Sticks, so we'll assume the answer is yes.
Much like you enjoy dipping large crispy fish sticks into your mouth, smothered in copious amounts of creamy white tartar sauce, chances are you'll also enjoy adding these stocks to your portfolio.
Banquet - owned by ConAgra Foods, Inc.(NYSE:CAG)
Conagra pays a sweet 3.29 percent dividend yield at the time of this writing. The stock has been steadily rising - during the last 6 months shares are up 20%. Very solid Grandpa style Fish Stick stock for you. Hell when you're a grandpa, you'll be able to tell your grand-kids that your retirement was funded by Fish Sticks - and you're damn proud of it.
High Liner Foods (TSE:HFL) makes the "Fisher Boy" line of Fish Sticks. The stock pays a rather paltry 1.26 percent dividend yield, compared to ConAgra. However, the company has raised its dividend steadily every year.
For some reason, shares are up 96% in the last 52 weeks - looks a little bubbly but hey, fish sticks are the trend and a wise man once told me that the trend is your friend. I just realized that this stock only trades on the Tokyo Stock exchange, so my apologies and good luck placing your order on that one.
Unfortunately, the other 2 large fish stick makers, Gorton's and Pinnacle Foods are private. Maybe one day they will IPO and America's Fish Stick lovers will be able to get in on more of that sweet Fish Stick money.
P.S. - What are you, a gay fish?
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What Exactly Is Going On At Lake Mead? | ZeroHedge
- No Clues From Gartman About Today's Market Direction | ZeroHedge
- Gold Price Moves Since QE3 Have Been A Warning To Mainstream Economists, Not Cause For Celebrations | ZeroHedge
- US Capitol Visitor's Center Evacuated: No Official Reason Given | ZeroHedge
- The Case For Nationalizing Monsanto | ZeroHedge
- Enough With the Greeks Already | iBankCoin.com
- Is Greece Still a Country if Someone Else Owns Its Assets? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- MAJOR MUSICIANS BLAST TIDAL: 'This thing is going to fail miserably' | Business Insider
- Google opens up a 21,000-square-foot campus in South Korea for startups | Business Insider
- The 7 heavy-hitters defending the web from cyberattacks | Business Insider
- The behind-the-scenes footage of 'Mad Max: Fury Road'... | Business Insider
- Here's why pro gaming is exploding in popularity | Business Insider
- B.B. King death to be investigated as homicide | Business Insider
- Streetinsider.com's Hot... | StreetInsider.com