Japanese ETFs for 2013 for Big ROI
If you are looking to invest in Japanese ETFs then you should be playing the iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ), Precidian MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY), SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan ETF (JPP), and the winner thus far in 2013 the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ).
These Japanese fueled long ETFs are not all created equal. Take a look at the performance since October between these 4 ETFs, the clear winner is WisdomTree's Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ). The DXJ blows away the other three, it's increased 23%. The DXJ is up double from the others when looking back since Oct. and it closed at a new 12 month high Friday (Jan 11th).
Should you select the DXJ you won't be the only trader. Via IndexUniverse.com, the DXJ is very popular with investors:
Since Nov. 30, the fund (DXJ) has attracted net inflows of more than $673.5 million in new investor dollars—which includes $236.7 million so far in 2013. The yen has weakened by about 12 percent in the past three months.
How much do these ETFs cost per share?
- iShares MSCI Japan Index (EWJ) is trading at $9.88 and its shares are now -3.34% below its 52-week high.
- MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY) is trading at $14.60 and its shares are now -1.71% below its 52-week high.
- SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan (JPP) is trading at $38.16 and its shares are now -3.51% below its 52-week high.
- WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity (DXJ) is trading at $38.53 and its shares are less than 1% from its 52-week high.
The DXJ consists of the following top holdings as of 01/11/2013
|1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||5.50%|
|2. Canon Inc||4.92%|
|3. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd||4.83%|
|4. Honda Motor Co Ltd||4.17%|
|5. Mitsui & Co Ltd||3.55%|
|6. Japan Tobacco Inc||3.11%|
|7. Nissan Motor Co Ltd||2.99%|
|8. Toyota Motor Corp||2.78%|
|9. Astellas Pharma Inc||2.33%|
|10. Itochu Corp||2.20%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Even The New York Times Is Bashing Obamacare - "It Has Not Worked All That Well" | ZeroHedge
- Project Veritas Video Reveals Who Was Really Behind "Mitt Romney's 47% Video" | ZeroHedge
- Moody’s: The M&A Market Is Flashing a Red Warning Sign | Financial Sense
- Ugly! “Failure Almost Guaranteed” Regardless of Who Wins the Election | Financial Sense
- US Taxpayers Pay AT&T Millions A Year For The Privilege Of Being Spied Upon | ZeroHedge
- Snapchat To Raise Up To $4 Billion In IPO, Valuing Company As Much As $40 Billion | ZeroHedge
- EM Reflation Confirming Indicator Raises a Red Flag | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Polls show Hillary... | Business Insider
- Apple has taken its online store offline ahead of its... | Business Insider
- The hedge fund pain isn't stopping as investors yank more... | Business Insider
- Why millenials are less likley to vote than older generations | Business Insider
- No one knows what these hexagonal structures the Chinese keep building in the... | Business Insider
- Singapore prime minister on Trans-Pacific Partnership: '... | Business Insider
- Nintendo made a loss in Q2 and cut its... | Business Insider