Japanese ETFs for 2013 for Big ROI
If you are looking to invest in Japanese ETFs then you should be playing the iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ), Precidian MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY), SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan ETF (JPP), and the winner thus far in 2013 the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ).
These Japanese fueled long ETFs are not all created equal. Take a look at the performance since October between these 4 ETFs, the clear winner is WisdomTree's Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ). The DXJ blows away the other three, it's increased 23%. The DXJ is up double from the others when looking back since Oct. and it closed at a new 12 month high Friday (Jan 11th).
Should you select the DXJ you won't be the only trader. Via IndexUniverse.com, the DXJ is very popular with investors:
Since Nov. 30, the fund (DXJ) has attracted net inflows of more than $673.5 million in new investor dollars—which includes $236.7 million so far in 2013. The yen has weakened by about 12 percent in the past three months.
How much do these ETFs cost per share?
- iShares MSCI Japan Index (EWJ) is trading at $9.88 and its shares are now -3.34% below its 52-week high.
- MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY) is trading at $14.60 and its shares are now -1.71% below its 52-week high.
- SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan (JPP) is trading at $38.16 and its shares are now -3.51% below its 52-week high.
- WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity (DXJ) is trading at $38.53 and its shares are less than 1% from its 52-week high.
The DXJ consists of the following top holdings as of 01/11/2013
|1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||5.50%|
|2. Canon Inc||4.92%|
|3. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd||4.83%|
|4. Honda Motor Co Ltd||4.17%|
|5. Mitsui & Co Ltd||3.55%|
|6. Japan Tobacco Inc||3.11%|
|7. Nissan Motor Co Ltd||2.99%|
|8. Toyota Motor Corp||2.78%|
|9. Astellas Pharma Inc||2.33%|
|10. Itochu Corp||2.20%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
- ISM Non-Manufacturing: Continued Growth in June at a Slightly Faster Rate | Financial Sense
- DueLiNG MaRKeT PeRiLS... | ZeroHedge
- Recession vs. Wealth Inequality | Financial Sense
- Greece Contemplates Nuclear Options: May Print Euros, Launch Parallel Currency, Nationalize Banks | ZeroHedge
- Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks | Financial Sense
- Monday Movers | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Nobel tributes at Dalai Lama 80th birthday bash in US | Business Insider
- Britain's Princess Charlotte christened in intimate... | Business Insider
- Notable... | StreetInsider.com
- Here’s everything leaving Netflix in July | Business Insider
- Pamplona bull-run festival kicks off with wine-soaked... | Business Insider
- An unlikely retailer is beating Victoria's Secret | Business Insider
- A friend of the Dalai Lama for 30 years says this is the single... | Business Insider