Japanese ETFs for 2013 for Big ROI
If you are looking to invest in Japanese ETFs then you should be playing the iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ), Precidian MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY), SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan ETF (JPP), and the winner thus far in 2013 the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ).
These Japanese fueled long ETFs are not all created equal. Take a look at the performance since October between these 4 ETFs, the clear winner is WisdomTree's Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ). The DXJ blows away the other three, it's increased 23%. The DXJ is up double from the others when looking back since Oct. and it closed at a new 12 month high Friday (Jan 11th).
Should you select the DXJ you won't be the only trader. Via IndexUniverse.com, the DXJ is very popular with investors:
Since Nov. 30, the fund (DXJ) has attracted net inflows of more than $673.5 million in new investor dollars—which includes $236.7 million so far in 2013. The yen has weakened by about 12 percent in the past three months.
How much do these ETFs cost per share?
- iShares MSCI Japan Index (EWJ) is trading at $9.88 and its shares are now -3.34% below its 52-week high.
- MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY) is trading at $14.60 and its shares are now -1.71% below its 52-week high.
- SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan (JPP) is trading at $38.16 and its shares are now -3.51% below its 52-week high.
- WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity (DXJ) is trading at $38.53 and its shares are less than 1% from its 52-week high.
The DXJ consists of the following top holdings as of 01/11/2013
|1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||5.50%|
|2. Canon Inc||4.92%|
|3. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd||4.83%|
|4. Honda Motor Co Ltd||4.17%|
|5. Mitsui & Co Ltd||3.55%|
|6. Japan Tobacco Inc||3.11%|
|7. Nissan Motor Co Ltd||2.99%|
|8. Toyota Motor Corp||2.78%|
|9. Astellas Pharma Inc||2.33%|
|10. Itochu Corp||2.20%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- China Launches CNY500 Billion In "Stealth QE" | ZeroHedge
- What Happened After China's Last "Stealth QE"? | ZeroHedge
- Great Graphic: Thinking About the Cost of College | Financial Sense
- A Fortuitous Cover on My Cup of Mud | iBankCoin.com
- Apple’s Smartwatch May Put Biotech on Silicon Valley Time | Financial Sense
- Cause and Effect? | Financial Sense
- The U.S. National Debt Has Grown By More Than A Trillion Dollars In The Last 12 Months | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The Best Business Schools of 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Poignant Photos Show The Preserved Bedrooms Of Young Fallen Soldiers | Business Insider
- What To Expect At The Apple Store When You Pick Up Your New iPhone 6 This Friday (AAPL... | Business Insider
- Hofman's giant white rabbit damaged by fire in Taiwan | Business Insider
- Industrial Production Unexpectedly Falls In August (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT) | Business Insider
- Remember The Commodity Bubble That Exploded In 2011? (DIA, SPY, QQQ, TLT, MCP) | Business Insider
- Here's Why More Than 800 Harvard Students Signed Up For A... | Business Insider