Japanese ETFs for 2013 for Big ROI
If you are looking to invest in Japanese ETFs then you should be playing the iShares MSCI Japan Index Fund (EWJ), Precidian MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY), SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan ETF (JPP), and the winner thus far in 2013 the WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ).
These Japanese fueled long ETFs are not all created equal. Take a look at the performance since October between these 4 ETFs, the clear winner is WisdomTree's Japan Hedged Equity Fund (DXJ). The DXJ blows away the other three, it's increased 23%. The DXJ is up double from the others when looking back since Oct. and it closed at a new 12 month high Friday (Jan 11th).
Should you select the DXJ you won't be the only trader. Via IndexUniverse.com, the DXJ is very popular with investors:
Since Nov. 30, the fund (DXJ) has attracted net inflows of more than $673.5 million in new investor dollars—which includes $236.7 million so far in 2013. The yen has weakened by about 12 percent in the past three months.
How much do these ETFs cost per share?
- iShares MSCI Japan Index (EWJ) is trading at $9.88 and its shares are now -3.34% below its 52-week high.
- MAXIS Nikkei 225 Index ETF (NKY) is trading at $14.60 and its shares are now -1.71% below its 52-week high.
- SPDR Russell/Nomura PRIME Japan (JPP) is trading at $38.16 and its shares are now -3.51% below its 52-week high.
- WisdomTree Japan Hedged Equity (DXJ) is trading at $38.53 and its shares are less than 1% from its 52-week high.
The DXJ consists of the following top holdings as of 01/11/2013
|1. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||5.50%|
|2. Canon Inc||4.92%|
|3. Takeda Pharmaceutical Co Ltd||4.83%|
|4. Honda Motor Co Ltd||4.17%|
|5. Mitsui & Co Ltd||3.55%|
|6. Japan Tobacco Inc||3.11%|
|7. Nissan Motor Co Ltd||2.99%|
|8. Toyota Motor Corp||2.78%|
|9. Astellas Pharma Inc||2.33%|
|10. Itochu Corp||2.20%|
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bank Of England Tells British Banks To Reveal Their Full Exposure To Glencore And Other Commodity Traders | ZeroHedge
- With Republicans In Disarray, And No Debt Ceiling Deal, All Eyes Turn To November 18 When The US Runs Out Of Cash | ZeroHedge
- Hillary Clinton Reveals Her Plan To "Prevent The Next Crash" In Bloomberg Op-Ed | ZeroHedge
- Happy Days Are Not Here Again | ZeroHedge
- Oct 9 - FOMC Mins: Fed Held Off On Hike Amid Worries About Low Inflation | ZeroHedge
- How The TPP Could Lead To Worldwide Internet Censorship | ZeroHedge
- Frontrunning: October 9 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things you need to know before European markets open | Business Insider
- Bale vows to lead Wales to Euro 2016 finals | Business Insider
- The Latest: Crowd gathering to hear VW executive's... | Business Insider
- Scientists win Nobel chemistry award for work on DNA... | Business Insider
- GOP in tumult after McCarthy's withdrawal from... | Business Insider
- Ben Carson's advice on mass shooting under scrutiny | Business Insider
- The biggest names in digital will be at IGNITION 2015 — check out the full lineup | Business Insider