New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- US Spending Disappoints In August As Savings Rate Rises For Second Month | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bullion 'Vulnerable' Below $1335 as US Fed & Euro Interest-Rate Policies Challenged | Financial Sense
- Going The Way Of The Denarius | ZeroHedge
- Everything You Need To Know About Gold In 50 Stunning Slides | ZeroHedge
- After the Debate, the Deluge? (Now With A Trigger Warning) | ZeroHedge
- France's New Sharia Police | ZeroHedge
- Rumor Rescues Deutsche From Banking Bloodbath But Gold Tops Stocks In September | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- China's yuan is joining the IMF's elite... | Business Insider
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Stan Lee has made 33 cameos in the Marvel universe movies — here they all are | Business Insider
- College football's 'Big 12' is... | Business Insider
- Fully understand the Fintech Ecosystem with this report | Business Insider
- Here are all the major newspapers that have... | Business Insider
- NASA: ‘We didn’t change any zodiac signs' | Business Insider