New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Confidence In The Fed Is Sinking Fast | ZeroHedge
- Don't Think Armageddon, Think "A Thousand Balls Of Flame... And Then Crickets!" | ZeroHedge
- "If This Does Not Disqualify Hillary For The Presidency, It's Hard To Know What Will" | ZeroHedge
- European Banks Prepare For "Economic Nuclear Winter" | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage: "Trump Is The New Reagan" | ZeroHedge
- Capitalism Works If Government Would Just Get Out of the Way! | Financial Sense
- Kurt Kallaus: Slow Growth Persists but US Recession Likely Still Years Away | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- The most popular fast food chain in every state | Business Insider
- The best destinations for seeing fall colors in America | Business Insider
- 15 best-selling online coding classes you can enroll in for just... | Business Insider
- Here's how much millennials are earning annually across the US | Business Insider
- Germany, Poland and France call for more efforts... | Business Insider
- You’re wasting money if you use a modem from your cable company — here’... | Business Insider
- Staples has deployed a new mobile tool to... | Business Insider