New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- David Morgan on the Dollar Demise: Silver Moves to China | ZeroHedge
- What to Expect out of the ECB Meeting on Thursday (Video) | ZeroHedge
- Obama Steps In To Defend Hillary: DOJ Fights To Block Clinton Deposition | ZeroHedge
- CEO Of Asia's Largest Commodity Trader Unexpectedly Resigns | ZeroHedge
- This Is Not A Drill. This Is The Real Thing. | Financial Sense
- How the US Dollar Influences Oil Prices | Financial Sense
- “Road Trains” Are Ready: Who Wins, and Who Loses? | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Bill Gates-backed veggie burger is the best... | Business Insider
- The most luxurious condo buildings in 7 major US cities | Business Insider
- America's Best Young Entrepreneurs 2011 | BusinessWeek
- Donald Trump reacts to Obama's visit to Hiroshima: 'Why doesn't... | Business Insider
- The 27 most physically active jobs | Business Insider
- EX-FBI HOSTAGE NEGOTIATOR: Here's the best way to spot a liar | Business Insider
- I've tried dozens of jeans and this pair is my absolute favorite | Business Insider