New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Despite Surprise Rate-Hike, Russian Ruble Crashes Most In 6 Years | ZeroHedge
- All Of These Items Point To a Collapse in the Markets | ZeroHedge
- Investors Intelligence: Initiation of Strong New Uptrend | Financial Sense
- Market Breaks As Stocks Explode Higher On Algo-Triggering Headline | ZeroHedge
- DEATH TO VLADIMIR PUTIN | iBankCoin.com
- Where Is The "Low Gas Price Spending Spree": Consumer Spending Tumbles At Fastest Rate Since October 2009 | ZeroHedge
- Starting Off Strong: Goldman Slashes Q4 GDP Estimate From 3.0% To 2.2% | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Boko Haram says kidnapped schoolgirls 'married off' | Business Insider
- 4 Dead After Plane Crashes Into Kansas... | Business Insider
- Jake Gyllenhaal Goes Psycho In His Dark New Movie 'Nightcrawler' | Business Insider
- Japan Just Boosted QE And The Nikkei Exploded To A 7... | Business Insider
- GOPRO SHARES SPIKE AFTER EARNINGS BEAT (GPRO, SBUX) | Business Insider
- CAF meet over Ebola-clouded Cup of Nations | Business Insider
- Markets Are Booming (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ) | Business Insider