New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Bloodbathery | ZeroHedge
- The Mechanics Of NIRP: How The Fed Will Bring Negative Rates To The U.S. | ZeroHedge
- A Wounded Deutsche Bank Lashes Out At Central Bankers: Stop Easing, You Are Crushing Us | ZeroHedge
- Visualizing The World's Most Famous Case Of Deflation, Part 1 | ZeroHedge
- Crunch Time? | ZeroHedge
- These Vancouver Homes Sold For Millions In 2011 And Have Been Vacant And Rotting Since: Here's Why | ZeroHedge
- The Mad Stewards of Gondor | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Hedge funds are promising something they probably won't be able to... | Business Insider
- This vial of blood is the most controversial piece of evidence in the 'Making a Murderer' mystery... | Business Insider
- The F-35's turbulent march to combat readiness is far from over — here's everything that's... | Business Insider
- Suze Orman, Debit-Card Dealer | BusinessWeek
- 7 ways for couples to deal with stress during home... | Business Insider
- Qatar, where foreign workers are subjected to forced labor and prostitution, just... | Business Insider
- ... | Business Insider