New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- S&P Earnings Pass Halfway Mark | Financial Sense
- Key Events In The Coming Week: April FOMC And Q1 GDP | ZeroHedge
- Being There | Financial Sense
- TaRGeT LiBeRTY... | ZeroHedge
- Saxobank CIO Explains "The New Nothingness" | ZeroHedge
- Second Quarter Outlook | Financial Sense
- Gold Flows East – China, India Import Massive Quantities of Gold from Switzerland | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 10 things in tech you need to know today (AAPL, GOOG) | Business Insider
- What the deadly Mount Everest avalanche looked... | Business Insider
- NASA is about to solve a major mystery about dwarf planet Ceres | Business Insider
- Manny Pacquiao's trainer explains how Pacquiao can beat Floyd... | Business Insider
- There are two, very unequal versions of America happening right now | Business Insider
- George W. Bush just sharply criticized Obama for the... | Business Insider
- The numbers on women in private equity are pretty eye popping | Business Insider