New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is Gold Really Manipulated? Or, Are You Being Manipulated? | Financial Sense
- Chinese Government "Losing Control": Stocks Are Collapsing, Hitting New Bear Market Lows | ZeroHedge
- What Choice Do We Have? | ZeroHedge
- Deadlines, Deals, and Defaults | Financial Sense
- Great Graphic: Central Banks Snap Up Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Mainstream Economists Just Don’t Get it: Bank of America Merrill Lynch Edition | Financial Sense
- China Completes Airstrip On Reef, Builds Military Facility On Second Island | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Virginia Town is Best Place in the U.S. to Raise Kids | BusinessWeek
- Greek PM seeks 30% debt haircut, grace period for 20 years... | Business Insider
- The 25 most famous business books summarised in a single sentence each | Business Insider
- Veterans gather as Taiwan marks Japan's WWII defeat | Business Insider
- Redditors are disgusted by one man's photo of a pathetic breakfast... | Business Insider
- The real reason Americans are worried about GMOs is actually a way bigger problem | Business Insider
- The labor force participation rate falls to a 38-year low | Business Insider