New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- What First Amendment? Arizona Wants Power To Seize The Assets Of Protesters | ZeroHedge
- Iran Holds Massive Naval Drill Over 2 Million Sq. Kilometer Area | ZeroHedge
- In The Market For An Oil Tanker? You Can Buy It On The Chinese Ebay | ZeroHedge
- Mnuchin Manages Expectations On Tax Reform; Warns Trump "Not Touching" Entitlements | ZeroHedge
- A Two-State Solution... For The West? | ZeroHedge
- In Latest Intel Mutiny Against Trump, DHS Analysts Say White House Travel Ban Is Wrong | ZeroHedge
- Nexit Looms - Dutch Parliament To Debate Leaving The Eurozone | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Trump tweets wildly misleading comparison of the... | Business Insider
- The $74 trillion global economy in one chart | Business Insider
- Amazon keeps reminding us that it's the most dangerous company in tech (AMZN) | Business Insider
- The winner of the best foreign film Oscar boycotted the awards... | Business Insider
- The longest-serving US diplomat implicitly rebuked... | Business Insider
- Here's why the Academy Awards are nicknamed 'The Oscars' | Business Insider