New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- And The 'Fakest' Country In The World Is... | ZeroHedge
- Turkey Arrests Journalists Who Exposed Erdogan's Weapons Smuggling To Extremist Syrian Rebels | ZeroHedge
- Salting The Economy To Death | ZeroHedge
- The Death Of Damascus: Images From Syria's War-Torn Capital | ZeroHedge
- Meet Captagon: The Drug Of Choice For Today's Anxious Jihadist | ZeroHedge
- Can The Oil Industry Really Handle This Much Debt? | ZeroHedge
- Dirty Connecticut Mayor (Sentenced To Prison For Corruption) Reelected In Landslide | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There are 21 rules for surviving your Wall Street holiday party | Business Insider
- This wreckage found off the coast of the UK looks like debris... | Business Insider
- Here's what Russia will be up against if it decides to mess with Turkey | Business Insider
- 11 fitness 'truths' that are doing more harm than good | Business Insider
- The best public high school in every state | Business Insider
- These 15 sci-fi books actually predicted the future | Business Insider
- The Latest: France focused on destroying IS HQ in Raqqa | Business Insider