New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- It’s All About the Fed Today | Financial Sense
- China Stocks Open Marginally Higher As Regulators Unleash More 'Measures' | ZeroHedge
- LIBOR Scapegoat Found Guilty, Sentenced To 14 Years | ZeroHedge
- "The Worldwide Credit Boom Is Over, Now Comes The Tidal Wave Of Global Deflation" | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Frontrunning: August 3 | ZeroHedge
- Market Recap Aug 3, 2015 | FundMyMutualFund
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Lego Is for Girls | BusinessWeek
- Adidas defend controversial Man Utd women's shirt | Business Insider
- A Peruvian billionaire contracted a world-famous design firm to... | Business Insider
- This pro surfer wants to replace your golf cart with a motorized skateboard... | Business Insider
- The terrible state of Asia's manufacturing sector in one chart | Business Insider
- Unknown Merritt takes first PGA win at National | Business Insider
- Peruvian forces rescued a group of... | Business Insider