New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stand Aside JP Morgan, A New Player In The Silver Market Has Arrived | ZeroHedge
- ECB Study says US data 'leaked' to key traders | ZeroHedge
- Turkey PM To Quit, Handing Even More Power To Erdogan: What This Means For Turkey | ZeroHedge
- The Beginning Of The End For Cruz? Here Are Five Things To Watch For In Indiana Today | ZeroHedge
- Where Does The U.S. Get Its Oil? | ZeroHedge
- Bank Tightening Suggests Layoffs Ahead | Financial Sense
- "Summer Of Shocks" Is Upon Us: BofA Warns "Own Volatility", Wait To Buy Stocks Until VIX > 20 | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Peter Thiel just sold $101 million of Facebook shares (FB) | Business Insider
- A hair scientist debunks the biggest myth about shaving | Business Insider
- Pretty much everyone is talking about killing large-denomination bills | Business Insider
- Thousands of Americans with disabilities are being... | Business Insider
- Zynga soars after crushing its first earnings under a new... | Business Insider
- Here's why governments hate gold | Business Insider
- Gundlach takes a hatchet to the Fed | Business Insider