New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Ekloges 2015: Greece Votes In Historic For Europe Election | ZeroHedge
- NEWS FROM THE ASS OF EUROPE | iBankCoin.com
- "This Won't Remain Confined In Greece" | ZeroHedge
- S&P Tumbles 15 Points At Open, Erases All ECB QE Gains; EURUSD Opens Below 1.1150 As Traders Seek Safety Of Swiss Franc | ZeroHedge
- New Jobless Claims at 307K, a Bit Higher Than Expected | Financial Sense
- About That "Strong Dollar" - Corporatism Speaks | ZeroHedge
- Jeffrey Saut Makes Long-Term Bullish Case for US Stocks | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This Incredible Video Shows How Wifi Is Installed In Jumbo Jets | Business Insider
- 11 dead in unrest on Egypt uprising anniversary: state... | Business Insider
- How To Protect Your Android Phone If It's Ever Lost Or Stolen | Business Insider
- Vintage Venus strides into Australian Open quarters | Business Insider
- New Yorkers Are Flocking To Craigslist To Find 'Blizzard... | Business Insider
- Japan Calls The Apparent Death Of An ISIS Hostage '... | Business Insider
- Here Are Bank of England Governor Mark Carney's 3 Biggest Fears For The UK... | Business Insider