New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- “Fear Trade” Alert—Again | Financial Sense
- In Dramatic Escalation, China Sends Five Navy Ships Off Alaska Coast For First Time Ever | ZeroHedge
- US To Slap Chinese Hackers With Sanctions Ahead Of Xi Visit | ZeroHedge
- Perfect Storm Of Worldwide PMI Slippage | ZeroHedge
- Ron Paul: Welcome To The Great Transition | ZeroHedge
- Martin Armstrong Warns: The #1 Terrorist Group Is You, Domestic Citizens | ZeroHedge
- Saudi Arabia Just Cut Crude Selling Prices To The US, Europe And Asia | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Brazil economy minister rumors add to jitters | Business Insider
- Hewitt, in final US Open, not relishing match vs countryman... | Business Insider
- Killer T-cell therapy shows promise against leukemia | Business Insider
- US judge overturns NFL star Tom Brady's '... | Business Insider
- People keep saying ex-CEO John Chambers is still calling the shots but Cisco... | Business Insider
- Bill O'Reilly confronts Univision anchor who accosted Donald Trump: 'You... | Business Insider