New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Welcome To The Funny-Money Generation | ZeroHedge
- These 19 Passports Will Be A Lot More Valuable On July 1st | ZeroHedge
- WTI Crude Crumbles Back To 6-Week Lows (Under $57.50) | ZeroHedge
- Peak Inequality: $500 Million Asking Price For LA Mansion | ZeroHedge
- EURUSD Plunge Continues: "It's Not All About Greece... Not Even Close" | ZeroHedge
- Using Logic, Facts, & Basic Math? - You Are A "Doomer" | ZeroHedge
- QE4 Arrives: Mystery Drone Rains Money On People In Michigan, Cash-Grabbing Frenzy Ensues | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Fast food chains are using apps to speed customers... | Business Insider
- Tokyo shares at 15-year high, Shanghai best for seven... | Business Insider
- Convicted Silk Road drug baron: 'Please leave me my old... | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Notable Mergers and... | StreetInsider.com
- How to make texting on your iPhone as private as possible | Business Insider
- BuzzFeed is planning an IPO | Business Insider