New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Oil Rally Hopes Crushed as Inventories Hit All-Time High | Financial Sense
- A Collision-Course With Crisis: Making The Wrong Choices For The Wrong Reasons | ZeroHedge
- Koch Brothers Now Supporting "Often Confused" Hillary Clinton | ZeroHedge
- Peak Oil 'Demand' & The Duelling Narratives Of Energy Inventories | ZeroHedge
- Awkward? | ZeroHedge
- Busting Media Myths On Peak Oil | ZeroHedge
- Europe’s Impossible Refugee Math: Brexit Was Mathematical Certainty Eventually | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Gun violence and police abuse are creating a vicious cycle | Business Insider
- The 10 best ice cream shops in the nation make some wildly creative flavors | Business Insider
- This NYU professor's 'porn' comment about... | Business Insider
- Understand fintech - Amazon's next possible frontier - with this report... | Business Insider
- This infographic shows how consumers only have... | Business Insider
- Malcolm Gladwell tells us about his beef with... | Business Insider
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek