New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Second Round of the Crisis Will DWARF 2008 In Size and Scope | ZeroHedge
- OPEC’s Influence Has Long Been Exaggerated | Financial Sense
- China’s Rate Cut Insufficient: Investors Expect More PBoC Stimulus and Yuan Devaluation | Financial Sense
- Martin Armstrong Warns "The Tide Is Turning Against The Banks" | ZeroHedge
- 0% Down, 100% Chance of Trouble | ZeroHedge
- This is Going to Push the US into Recession and Crush Stocks | ZeroHedge
- Lord Rothschild Warns Investors: "Geopolitical Situation Most Dangerous Since WWII" | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Volvo has a braking system that can stop a 40-ton semi... | Business Insider
- How to supercharge your iPhone in only 5 minutes | Business Insider
- China is obsessed with a website that features creepshots of London's hottest... | Business Insider
- If you live in California, you can now buy car insurance with this Google tool | Business Insider
- Another 18,299 jobs were lost in February because of crashing oil prices (USO, OIL) | Business Insider
- Apple supposedly assumes most customers have 'already decided they want an Apple Watch... | Business Insider
- Republicans subpoena Clinton emails | Business Insider