New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Investors Dump Euro Bonds, Shift Into US | Financial Sense
- Markets Priced for Perfection, Sentiment Ahead of Actual Growth | Financial Sense
- Bill Blain: "It Feels Like The Markets Are In A Limbo Phase" | ZeroHedge
- Gold Bugs; Stellar performance stage set again | ZeroHedge
- How Solid are Canada’s Big Banks? | ZeroHedge
- This New Bubble Is Even Bigger Than The Subprime Fiasco | ZeroHedge
- Ep. 220: Matt Mullenweg – Do You Have Your Own Internal “Code” | Altucher Confidential
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- U.S. Kids Using Media Almost 8 Hours a Day - BusinessWeek | BusinessWeek
- The Bluetooth headphone market is crowded with tons of duds, but these 6 pairs... | Business Insider
- GOLDMAN: OPEC's oil production cuts were smart but they'... | Business Insider
- 14 apps every modern gentleman should have on his phone | Business Insider
- 'A body blow to the investigation': Democrats slam GOP investigator over... | Business Insider
- This over-the-top $129 million mansion comes with 12 bedrooms,... | Business Insider
- How a congressional race in LA offers a glimpse into the future of elections... | Business Insider