New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Here Is How Amazon's Ugliest Quarter In Years Looked Like In Six Charts | ZeroHedge
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- A Face Made For Punching | iBankCoin.com
- The Ten Plagues That Are Hitting America Right Now | ZeroHedge
- Russia Accuses US Of Fabricating MH17 Evidence As US Reveals More "Evidence" Of Russian Military Involvement | ZeroHedge
- Another Airplane Tragedy: Air Algerie Plane Carrying 116 Crashes Over Mali | ZeroHedge
- Respecting the Message of Bob Farrell’s Rule #7 | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A San Francisco Startup Has Plans To Blow Up The Egg Industry | Business Insider
- Caterpillar Beats Earnings Expectations, Announces A Big Buyback (CAT) | Business Insider
- SODASTREAM SHARES EXPLODE (SODA) | Business Insider
- This Chart Is The Clearest Sign That Apple Revenue Is... | Business Insider
- Experts Break Down The Two Plane Crashes In Bad Weather That Happened In The Last 24 Hours | Business Insider
- There's A Massive Opportunity In Peer-To-Peer... | Business Insider
- Teen Pilot Attempting To Break World Record Dies In... | Business Insider