New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Revenge Of The Rubes - Why The Days Of The Financial Elite's Rule Are Numbered | ZeroHedge
- Nigel Farage Batters Obama: "He Came To Britain And Behaved Disgracefully" | ZeroHedge
- Driver In Fatal Self-Driving Tesla Crash Had Recently Posted Video Praising Car's Autopilot | ZeroHedge
- Not 'The Onion' - Why Elections Are Bad For Democracy | ZeroHedge
- The New Narrative For Earnings: Blame Brexit | ZeroHedge
- 71% of Americans Think the Economy is “Rigged” … They’re RIGHT | ZeroHedge
- Union Jacked | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Meet the man who's transforming New York City's skyline | Business Insider
- This graphic shows just how widespread meth is in the United States | Business Insider
- Pinterest adds two major new features that... | Business Insider
- This machine could cut airport wait times in half, but the TSA won't buy it (... | Business Insider
- The absurd life of Boris Johnson — the man who could be England’s next... | Business Insider
- There's a 3-step process to figure out when it's time to retire | Business Insider
- These charts show why Amazon's throwing $5 billion into this market (AMZN... | Business Insider