New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "It's Not Bearish, It's Simply Sane" | ZeroHedge
- Case-Shiller Index Resumes Decline Following Small Gain To End 2014 | ZeroHedge
- A SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR ALL THOSE CONCERNED | iBankCoin.com
- They Are "Undermining People's Trust In Their Money" | ZeroHedge
- Can Money Flows Push Equity Prices Much Higher? | Financial Sense
- What’s REALLY Going On In Yemen | ZeroHedge
- Federal Agents Investigating Bitcoin Money Laundering Extorted, Stole Over $1 Million In Bitcoin | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Snapchat has to re-do its initial meetings with advertisers because two top sales... | Business Insider
- The most brutal jokes from last night's Comedy Central roast of Justin Bieber | Business Insider
- Investors have been punishing companies that do most of... | Business Insider
- Probe sees link between semen quality, pesticides | Business Insider
- How a fruit and nut bar that couldn't impress Wal-Mart shoppers ended up becoming... | Business Insider
- IBM steals a high-profile customer from Amazon's cloud (IBM, AMZN) | Business Insider