New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- New Home Sales Collapse To 8 Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Man Eats Twelve Gold Bars To Avoid Taxes ! Tell Nouriel | ZeroHedge
- A Big Earnings Week Ahead | Financial Sense
- China Manufacturing Output and New Orders Contract Once Again | Financial Sense
- CUE PANIC BUYING | iBankCoin.com
- Martin Armstrong Warns "Abandon The UK Before You Can't" | ZeroHedge
- The Middle Class In Canada Is Now Doing Better Than The Middle Class In America | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Everyone In America Should Care About What Chipotle And Netflix Are About To... | Business Insider
- The 20 Most Flexible Employers In America | Business Insider
- This Creepy Web App Shows You Just How Much Of Your... | Business Insider
- NEW YORKERS: Brace Yourselves For The Montreal-New York Bagel Hybrid | Business Insider
- These Are The Oldest Living Things On Earth | Business Insider
- Ocean City, Md.: America's Most Affordable Fun City | BusinessWeek