New 52-week Low for J.C. Penny's
J.C. Penny Company (NYSE:JCP) shares sunk to a new 12 month low of $21.57 and closed at $22.25. Former Apple Inc (AAPL) exec Ron Johnson running the show as of late 2011 at J.C. Penny isn't helping anything.
In the last 12 months J.C. Penny shares are down 35% and almost 50% since mid February of 2012. If you believe in the turnaround story that CEO Johnson is talking up then now would be the time to buy. Then again, its possible shares could keep falling so its buyer beware.
Johnson is attempting to rebuild the company from the bottom up and shareholders must take a leap of faith that his vision will return JCP to greatness. Gone are the coupons that J.C. Penny shoppers once loved and same goes for former President Michael Francis who left the company yesterday. Ron Johnson may have been all that and a bag of chips at Apple Inc but he's destroying J.C. Penny in a hurry. Last month the company reported a worse-than-expected 19% drop in same-store sales and suspended its dividend after reported an unexpected loss.
Masters we would love to say JCP has hit bottom but at this point this stock is a falling knife. What do you think? Let us know in our comments.
At this point, this stock could get cheaper, be patient.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- The Undercurrent of Currency Issues | Financial Sense
- The Global Economy Is Collapsing | Financial Sense
- Renzi's Gamble Is Even Bigger Than Most Think | ZeroHedge
- Meet The Man Who Can Expose "The Real Hillary Clinton Scandal" | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of England Confirms: Debt Issuance Levels Tripled Since Quantitative Easing | ZeroHedge
- Gold Market in Crisis, Risks Collapse: LBMA | Financial Sense
- China's HNA Group Acquires 25% Stake In Hilton For $6.5 Billion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- There might be a lifesaver for the traditional money-management... | Business Insider
- A robot is taking $250 million from people's bank accounts for their own good... | Business Insider
- 'He's being waterboarded by these issues': Top Trump ally laments... | Business Insider
- The AT&T-Time Warner deal sounds a lot like the Comcast-NBC merger, and it... | Business Insider
- 'It's easy to lose your mind here': A Syrian from... | Business Insider
- Iran just pulled off a 'soft coup' in Lebanon | Business Insider
- What the science says about every popular diet | Business Insider