McRib: Restructured Meat Technology
McDonalds Corp (MCD) just made our Fast Food Stocks for 2013 list. Now that the McRib is back for a limited time, its time to focus on the BBQ delicacy.
ABOUT THE MCRIB
Its made up of at least 70 ingredients. Including but not limited to such tasty bits as azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.
The McRib sandwich packs a 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.
A professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- From Average Joe To Average Jihadi - How A Texas Plumber's Truck Turned Up In Syria | ZeroHedge
- "Houston, You Have A Problem" - Texas Is Headed For A Recession Due To Oil Crash, JPM Warns | ZeroHedge
- Weekday Wrap-Up: No Hyperinflation, Years of Low Oil Prices, and a Bubble in Stocks | Financial Sense
- Red Flags in Russia | Financial Sense
- Greece’s Snap Elections Increase Uncertainty About EU Future | Financial Sense
- Does Russia Present a Systemic Threat to Global Markets? | Financial Sense
- The Keynesian PhD Brigade Strikes Again: Sweden’s Riksbank Joins The ZIRP Mania | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- For Russia's economy, the worst is yet to come | Business Insider
- Russia brands new sanctions roadblock to Ukraine peace | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- Dortmund second from bottom after 10th defeat | Business Insider
- The Winners for Best and Worst Biotech CEOs of 2014 Are... | TheStreet.com
- So When Are Rates Rising? How to Handicap the Fed's Latest Message | TheStreet.com
- Two New York police officers 'executed' in Brooklyn | Business Insider