Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- No Raise For You: Earnings Growth Drops To New Post-Lehman Lows | ZeroHedge
- Great Covered Call Tools at BornToSell | FundMyMutualFund
- Potential Intraday Runners | iBankCoin.com
- Setting the Picture for Bond Bears | iBankCoin.com
- Where The Jobs Are: More Than Half Of All February Job Gains Are In Education, Leisure, Temp Help And Government | ZeroHedge
- Don’t Call It A Comeback | iBankCoin.com
- China Credit Markets Tumble Most In 3 Months As Default Spooks Lenders, Deals Pulled | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Jim Cramer Says Beware of Strong Unemployment Number | TheStreet.com
- NOAA Issues An El Nino Watch, Says There's A 50% Chance For Development... | Business Insider
- Our 4K Future — The New TV Standard... | Business Insider
- 5 Toxic Stocks to Sell in March | TheStreet.com
- Our 4K Future — The New TV Standard Is Here And It Will Roll Out Much Faster Than HD | Business Insider
- Republican Senator Carries Gun On Stage For CPAC Speech | Business Insider
- There's No Way The '300' Sequel Will Do Better Than The... | Business Insider