Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Disturbing Pattern" Continues, Administration Broke The Law With Bergdahl Swap, GAO Says | ZeroHedge
- CCJ Took A Downgrade | iBankCoin.com
- 5 Things To Ponder: Interesting Stuff | ZeroHedge
- Is It Time to Ignore the Fed? | Financial Sense
- As South Africa Reels From Unexpected Bailout, One Bank Has A Modest Proposal: Give Us Your Gold | ZeroHedge
- Philly Fed Business Outlook: Highest Six-Month Outlook in 22 Years | Financial Sense
- Sorry, Angelo Mozilo Can't Be Sued: He Is Sick | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tracking the Bank Settlements: A Nonprofit Backed by Banks | TheStreet.com
- People Are Urging GoFundMe To Shut Down A $200,000 Campaign Supporting The... | Business Insider
- Russia's 'Eurasian Union' Shows Putin's Nostalgia For The Soviet... | Business Insider
- How One Nonprofit Is Transforming Ex-Convicts And Former Drug... | Business Insider
- Here's One Way Apple's Smartwatch Could Be Better Than Anything Else (AAPL)... | Business Insider
- In grave robber territory, locals abuzz over... | Business Insider
- After-Hours Stock... | StreetInsider.com