Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Is This Why 'Europe' Is Now Trying To Crush Greece? | ZeroHedge
- The Perversion of Capitalism: A Credit-Based Versus Capital-Based System | ZeroHedge
- Payrolls Reaction: Stocks, Bonds, Bullion Bid; Dollar Dump-And-Pump | ZeroHedge
- Your Last Minute Payrolls Preview: What Wall Street Expects | ZeroHedge
- Rosenberg on Greece, US Economy, and Stocks | Financial Sense
- Great Graphic: Central Banks Snap Up Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Weekly Look At Things | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A social media star says her account was... | Business Insider
- How to use Apple's Spotify killer — now on everyone's iPhone | Business Insider
- Gawker reports earnings! | Business Insider
- Research suggests there are 4 types of introverts — find out which best describes you | Business Insider
- 25 Ways to Make LinkedIn Work for You | BusinessWeek
- Greece isn't panicking about capital controls because millions of people... | Business Insider
- Spotify has a great feature if you like to listen to music while running, but I still have some... | Business Insider