Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Pondering M&A Deals with a Wrinkle (and a Pop) | iBankCoin.com
- First Germany, Now France Folds On Syrian Airstrikes | ZeroHedge
- Thinking about the Week Ahead | ZeroHedge
- The Fallacy Of US Dollar "Strength" | ZeroHedge
- Fed Comments Should Spur Positivity | Financial Sense
- Lower Oil Prices: Good News Or Bad News? | ZeroHedge
- Pentagon Prepares To Unveil Syria War Plans As "Broad Coalition" Crumbles | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- This GIF Shows How Unemployment Swept Across America After The... | Business Insider
- Encouraging Climate Action: Try Jam Today | Business Insider
- These Photos Show How Eastern Ukraine Is Stuck In Its Soviet Past | Business Insider
- FBI widens probe of naked celebrity photos | Business Insider
- More Than 130,000 Syrian Kurds Have Fled to Turkey | Business Insider
- Whole Foods Is Making 6 Changes To Improve Business | Business Insider
- 10 Things You Need To Know Before The Opening Bell (DIA, SPY, SPX, QQQ, SIAL) | Business Insider