Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Retail Sales Surge on Spring Thaw | Financial Sense
- When You're Not Around: Setting Your Family Up for Success | Financial Sense
- A Transaction Fee Might Save Capital Markets... & Protect Us From Skynet! | Financial Sense
- Are The Swiss Going Crazy? $25 Minimum Wage Referendum In May | ZeroHedge
- Rise in Housing Starts Disappoint, Permits Fall | Financial Sense
- The 5 Faces Of Income Inequality | ZeroHedge
- Two Measures of Inflation | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of the... | StreetInsider.com
- Ten Things Only Bad Managers Say | BusinessWeek
- Google Is Planning A $100 Smartphone [Report] (GOOG) | Business Insider
- JIM O'NEILL: The Crisis In Ukraine Is Just A Symptom Of Something... | Business Insider
- This Is How Much Startup Founders Pay Themselves (And It's Less Than You... | Business Insider
- China's Strangest 'Ghost City' Is Actually... | Business Insider
- The 10 Best Cruise Lines In The World | Business Insider