Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Things That Make You Go Hmmm... Like A 'Run' On The Gold 'Bank' | ZeroHedge
- Judge Rules Obama's Abuse Of Executive Orders Is "Unconstitutional" | ZeroHedge
- Wall Street Gets A Merry Christmas Main Street Gets Keynesian Coal | ZeroHedge
- Spotlight on the Fed | Financial Sense
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in November | Financial Sense
- Two More Cops Shot After Yesterday's Brutal New York "Execution" | ZeroHedge
- A Word For You to Learn in 2015: SUPER-CONTANGO | iBankCoin.com
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Bill Gates Got One Lucky Reddit User An Incredibly Thoughtful Secret Santa Gift | Business Insider
- Here's Your Complete Preview Of This Week's Big Economic Events | Business Insider
- Mother charged with murder of eight children in... | Business Insider
- For Russia's economy, the worst is yet to come | Business Insider
- Belarus blocks sites, closes stores to stem currency... | Business Insider
- 15 Gifts For Any Kind Of Dad | Business Insider
- Here's Why You Should Never Let Your Kids Play With Your Smartphone | Business Insider