Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Futures Bounce On Stronger Europe Headline PMIs Despite Markit's Warning Of "Darker Picture" In "Anaemic" Internals | ZeroHedge
- How to Link Australian Iron With Marine le Pen | Financial Sense
- Don’t Let Them High Pressure You | iBankCoin.com
- Who's Right? | ZeroHedge
- AND NoW FoR A MeSSaGe FRoM YouR EBoLa CZaR... | ZeroHedge
- Why Amazon Is Crashing: Jeff Bezos' Nightmare Quarters In Charts | ZeroHedge
- Somone Really Needs To Explain To Europe What "Austerity" Means | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- People Are Beginning To Talk... | Business Insider
- Meet The Investor Funding Game-Changing Startups Run From College Dorms | Business Insider
- French PMI Comes In Horrible, As Europe Collapse Continues | Business Insider
- Three Major Nations Skipped China's Launch... | Business Insider
- Notable Mergers and Acquisitions of... | StreetInsider.com
- Putin: Europe Can't Stop Buying Russian Gas | Business Insider
- ... | StreetInsider.com