Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- FOMC: "We Screwed Up" | ZeroHedge
- The Ultimate Carry Trade: U.S. Banks Buying Treasuries | Financial Sense
- Fireworks Fly As Peter Schiff Warns "An Economy That Lives By QE, Dies By QE" | ZeroHedge
- Why I Don't Really Care About Your Product | ZeroHedge
- Took Some TZA | iBankCoin.com
- Russia Weaponizes The Arctic: Will Build 13 Airfields And 10 Radar Stations To Meet "Unwelcome Guests" | ZeroHedge
- Good Riddance To QE - It Was Just Plain Financial Fraud | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Tax summit in Berlin aims to say goodbye to banking... | Business Insider
- Deutsche Bank Posts $117 Million Loss And Fires CFO | Business Insider
- Decades-old Soviet engines powered US rocket that... | Business Insider
- New York street harassment video goes viral | Business Insider
- Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon | BusinessWeek
- Market Wrap:... | StreetInsider.com
- The Russian Currency Collapse Just Wiped Out Nearly $3 Billion Of Rosneft's Profits... | Business Insider