Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- U.S. Gasoline Prices Hit 6 Month High, Keep Rising | ZeroHedge
- Lessons from Japan: Decades of Decay, Endless Monetary Expansion | Financial Sense
- Podcast: Quantum Computing Takes Flight | Financial Sense
- Market Recap May 3, 2016 | FundMyMutualFund
- Three In A Row... | ZeroHedge
- European Stocks Tumble After EU Slashes Growth, Inflation Guesses | ZeroHedge
- Mapping The Most Dangerous Places To Live In The World | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- CIA director: There's no need to... | Business Insider
- China's space program is making some bold moves | Business Insider
- A timeless 6-step guide to getting rich, according to a 79-year-old personal finance... | Business Insider
- Book Review: <em>Thinking, Fast and Slow</em> by Daniel Kahneman | BusinessWeek
- The 10 best ways to make space on your iPhone (AAPL) | Business Insider
- 21 lottery winners who blew it all | Business Insider
- There's a remote waterfall hidden in the Grand Canyon that you can hike to | Business Insider