Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Stoeferle: Illusion of Omnipotent Central Banker Biggest Bubble We've Ever Seen | Financial Sense
- Lies You Will Hear As The Economic Collapse Progresses | ZeroHedge
- The 1% Rule for Creating All Habits | Altucher Confidential
- You Are Cordially Invited, Once Again | iBankCoin.com
- Check Me Out Now, Son | iBankCoin.com
- Clash, Mesh, Rattle... Thud | Financial Sense
- S&P 500 Suffers 'Death Cross' For First Time In 4 Years | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- One of the Fed's most influential members left... | Business Insider
- Oracle is losing sales execs in this critical area to an upstart formed by one of its... | Business Insider
- Former NFLer Jonathan Martin working on memoir | Business Insider
- IndyCar drivers find comfort in getting back to work | Business Insider
- Greece's new prime minister names caretaker cabinet | Business Insider
- China fears keep markets on edge as stocks rally | Business Insider
- It's a boy! National Zoo's surviving newborn panda... | Business Insider