Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Fund Managers at Highest Cash Levels in 14 Years | Financial Sense
- USDJPY Surges On Headline Government Pressuring BOJ To Boost Stimulus; Bloomberg Denies | ZeroHedge
- Bank Of Japan Shocks Market, Shuns Government Pressure: Leaves QE, Rates Unchanged, Questions Policy Effectiveness | ZeroHedge
- Get Ready For America's New $29 Trillion Debt | ZeroHedge
- Amazon Smashes Expectations As Cloud Profits Soar; Stock Dips Then Jumps | ZeroHedge
- What Alan Greenspan Is Most Worried About | ZeroHedge
- Peter Schiff Slams The Fed's 'Loud Talk, No Stick' Policy | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Inside 'Equity,' the new movie about a badass Wall Street banker | Business Insider
- The hyper-acquisitive tech giant SoftBank has made a big hire from Goldman... | Business Insider
- THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPORT: Why... | Business Insider
- Harry Reid: Donald Trump should receive 'fake' intelligence... | Business Insider
- After declaring pop-up newspaper The New European a success,... | Business Insider
- The 20 best movies on Amazon Prime you've probably never heard of | Business Insider
- GUNDLACH: 'Sell everything' | Business Insider