Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Conference Board Leading Economic Index Increased Again in October | Financial Sense
- "Gold Is Money And Nothing Else" - JP Morgan's Full December 1912 Testimony To Congress | ZeroHedge
- Artist's Impression Of "Change" After Obama's Historic Immigration Decree | ZeroHedge
- Eurozone Moves in Wrong Direction, While the British Go Shopping and Japanese Exports Jump | Financial Sense
- How Have Our Forecasts Played Out This Year? | Financial Sense
- The Levered Canary In The Coalmine: High Yield Is Flashing A "Sell Signal", Says Barclays | ZeroHedge
- Europe's Tangled Web | Financial Sense
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Serbian basketball fan stabbed to death in Istanbul | Business Insider
- Flooding fears mount in snowed-in area of New York state... | Business Insider
- Here's Why Europe Wants To Break Up Google (GOOG) | Business Insider
- The Apple Watch Will Have One Key Advantage Over Other Smartwatches (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Brazil slams media 'manipulation' on Petrobras... | Business Insider
- The $321 Billion Reason That Facebook Is Moving Into... | Business Insider
- The ‘Freemium’ Model Is Brilliant, But It’s Ruining My Life | Business Insider