Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Foot-In-Mouth" Trump Vs. "Frog-In-Throat" Clinton: First Presidential Debate Begins - Live Feed | ZeroHedge
- Julian Robertson: "Janet Yellen Has Created A Serious Bubble And Pain Is Coming" | ZeroHedge
- Fed Admits It Has No Clue | Financial Sense
- The Dying Middle-Class | ZeroHedge
- The QE Premium | ZeroHedge
- Even High School Kids Can See That Massive Systemic Risk That Deutsche Bank Represents | ZeroHedge
- DeuTSCHe BaNK EXPLaiNeD... | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- It looks like last night... | Business Insider
- Greenland's receding ice caps may expose a... | Business Insider
- A baby with 3 biological parents was born using a new technique — here's what that means | Business Insider
- Why 20-somethings are miserable | Business Insider
- 10 mental tricks the most focused people use every day | Business Insider
- Another teachers' strike is likely coming to Chicago | Business Insider
- A man who's spent a decade planning epic... | Business Insider