Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- "Fake Data": Economists Concerned Trump Administration Will Adopt 'Alternative' Economic Facts | ZeroHedge
- This Oil Nation Aims To Colonize Mars | ZeroHedge
- NSC Official Fired For Criticizing Trump | ZeroHedge
- Maryland Considers Teaching Kids That Boys Are Presumed Guilty In Rape Accusations | ZeroHedge
- What's Wrong With This Picture? | ZeroHedge
- 'Rogue' Border Agents Resist Trump Orders, Continue Obama's 'Catch-And-Release' Policy | ZeroHedge
- There's Not Nearly Enough Growth To Keep Growing | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I've tried a lot of Bluetooth headphones, and these are the best I've ever heard | Business Insider
- The NBA world is baffled by the Kings' blockbuster DeMarcus Cousins... | Business Insider
- Robo Advisors: Here's how to craft the optimal... | Business Insider
- Architect Richard Landry shares 6 of his favorite... | Business Insider
- A new German poll shows an unexpected challenge for Merkel | Business Insider
- Here's exactly what to say when you run into your CEO at... | Business Insider
- BAML: Investors around the world are freaking out about Trump's... | Business Insider