Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Forget Ghost Cities, China Builds 10-Billion-Yuan Replica Titanic | ZeroHedge
- A New Look - NYSE Margin Debt and the Market | Financial Sense
- EU Demands Facebook, Twitter, Google and Microsoft Cede to Their Anti-Hate Speech Laws | ZeroHedge
- In Tweetstorm, Trump Threatens "Retribution" For Companies That Leave The US | ZeroHedge
- Why Italy’s Referendum Carries Risks for the Entire EU | Financial Sense
- Italian Bank Warns 30 Times For A Bail-In If The NO Camp Wins The Referendum | ZeroHedge
- Fake News And War Party Lies | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- A Japanese town wants to create a spa-themed... | Business Insider
- Which Is America's Best City? | BusinessWeek
- 8 reasons why Google's Pixel is better than the iPhone | Business Insider
- A bunch of Deutsche Bank clients are learning the harsh reality of an age-old... | Business Insider
- 8 practical iPhone accessories under $20 | Business Insider
- North Dakota pipeline protesters are digging in for a brutal... | Business Insider
- 10 things I wish someone had told me when I was 20 | Business Insider