Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- BACK IN HELL | iBankCoin.com
- A Street Fight Broke Out in the Metals | iBankCoin.com
- Putin Gets Paid? IMF Agrees $17bn Loan To Ukraine | ZeroHedge
- Let’s See Where the Stupid NASDAQ is at 3:59pm | iBankCoin.com
- New Home Sales Collapse To 8 Month Lows | ZeroHedge
- Biggest Credit Bubble in History Runs Out Of Time | ZeroHedge
- This Is "Why" Caterpillar Is Trading At Two-Year Highs | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Why Justin Bieber's Instagram From Japan Offended Over A... | Business Insider
- People Are Going Crazy Over New York's Cat Café | Business Insider
- Rising Sea Levels Could Cause Staggering Damage To These Cities | Business Insider
- Starbucks Is Tapping Into 4 Major Growth Opportunities | Business Insider
- 4 GIFs Of Nene Destroying Joakim Noah In The Wizards-Bulls Series | Business Insider
- Apple Delivered The Ultimate 'Rashomon' Earnings Report Last Night (AAPL) | Business Insider
- Larry Page Was The Editor Of A... | Business Insider