Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other | ZeroHedge
- Put Your Arm in the Meat Grinder Please | iBankCoin.com
- Greece’s Fight Against “Fiscal Waterboarding” Will Halt Economic Recovery | Financial Sense
- U.S. Shale Boom May Come to Abrupt End | Financial Sense
- Q4 GDP Advance Estimate at 2.6% Disappoints Expectations | Financial Sense
- Visualizing The Cost Of Living Around The World | ZeroHedge
- Alexis Tsipras Most Outrageous Outburst Yet? | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- Here Comes GDP... | Business Insider
- This Wall Street CEO Isn't Impressed By 'Fancy Schools' — Here's What... | Business Insider
- Drew Brees Tops the Power 100 in 2012 | BusinessWeek
- A Bug In Apple's Online Services Let Developers Log Into Other People's Accounts... | Business Insider
- Greece's New Finance Minister Is A Loose-Lipped Blogger And... | Business Insider
- Eurogroup chief warns Greece against 'ignoring... | Business Insider
- This chart shows all of the versions of Russia's fifth-generation... | Business Insider