Millennials Changing the Game
Finish the working day at Starbucks after 2 PM. Just some of the ways the Millennials are changing America's workforce. Its a great thing.
Via WSJ - More Firms Bow to Generation Y's Demands
They're often criticized as spoiled, impatient, and most of all, entitled.
But as millennials enter the workforce, more companies are jumping through hoops to accommodate their demands for faster promotions, greater responsibilities and more flexible work schedules—much to the annoyance of older co-workers who feel they have spent years paying their dues to rise through the ranks.
Employers, however, say concessions are necessary to retain the best of millennials, also known as Generation Y, which is broadly defined as those born in the 1980s and 1990s. They bring fresh skills to the workplace: they're tech-savvy, racially diverse, socially interconnected and collaborative. Moreover, companies need to keep their employee pipelines full as baby boomers enter retirement.
It is estimated Gen Y will comprise more than 40% of the U.S. workforce by 2020, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, far outnumbering any other generation. Continue
Best of the Blogs
Scanning and identifying the best blog entries every hour
- Scientists Warn That The Coming California Megaquake Could Plunge Large Portions Of The State Into The Ocean | ZeroHedge
- Be Careful What You Wish For, Police Body-Cam Edition | ZeroHedge
- Stocks, Dollar, Bond Yields Tumble As GOP Leaders 'Not Confident" They Have Votes | ZeroHedge
- Turkish Hackers Threaten To Wipe Millions Of iPhones; Demand Ransom From Apple | ZeroHedge
- Over Half Of American Cities Are Now Dominated By Renters | ZeroHedge
- McCaiN WoRLD ORDeR... | ZeroHedge
- Russophobia - Symptom Of US Implosion | ZeroHedge
The most relevant financial news and articles from the Internets
- I created my own shampoo and conditioner, and I never want to buy... | Business Insider
- MORGAN STANLEY: Tesla's Model 3 may be 10x safer than... | Business Insider
- The Army is looking to use precision-guided... | Business Insider
- This is the first US delivery from Amazon’s drone publicly caught... | Business Insider
- A giant U-shaped skyscraper designed for New York City could be the longest... | Business Insider
- THE IoT 101 REPORT: Your essential guide to the... | Business Insider
- There's a reason the job market doesn't feel like it... | Business Insider